Old Navy Logo

Old Navy

Old Navy opened its first store in 1994 in San Francisco, California. Since the beginning, Old Navy has been on a mission to make affordable, fun, and stylish clothing for the whole family.

Today, shoppers can find unique styles and fashionable clothing at Old Navy's retail stores, located worldwide, or they can shop online at Old Navy's website.

The Good

• Clothing Selection
  • Affordable Clothing
  • Free Shipping on Certain Orders
  • Super Cash
  • Old Navy Credit Cards

Clothing Selection

Old Navy has clothing for all ages, but there is a fairly extensive selection for children, toddlers, and babies.

If you're shopping online, you can quickly look for items by category. You can easily find T-shirts, dresses, rompers, jeans, leggings, skirts, sweaters, coats, and pajamas by merely clicking on the respective category.

Old Navy also includes categories such as Activewear, Uniforms, Tween, Gender Neutral, Winter Fashion, and more.

Affordable Clothing

One of the best things about Old Navy is the prices. Old Navy is all about making clothing that is stylish but also affordable.

It doesn't seem to matter the season; there is almost always a sale at Old Navy. The company is continuously switching up its sales and offering anywhere from 20 to 75 percent off.

This means if you're looking for a new pair of jeans or leggings and they're currently not on sale, give it a few weeks. Even when things aren't on sale, the prices are incredibly reasonable.

Free Shipping on Certain Orders

As shopping online becomes more and more popular, it's nice to see more companies offering free shipping. Old Navy offers free shipping on orders that are $50 or more. This option will take 5 to 7 business days to ship, but it's not a bad option if you can wait that long. If you want your package shipped sooner, the Standard Shipping (3 to 5 business days) is $7.

Expedited Shipping (2 to 3 business days) costs $17. And Priority Shipping (1 to 2 business days) is $22.

Super Cash

If you're interested in saving some more money and shop at Old Navy frequently, you might want to consider signing up for the Super Cash program.

The Super Cash program lets customers save even more for shopping, either in-store or online. Super Cash coupons can be earned and redeemed during specific Super Cash periods throughout the year. If you're wondering when those are, Old Navy promises to keep you updated.

Old Navy Credit Cards

When you open an Old Navy credit card, you can enjoy 25 percent off your first purchase. After that, you will earn points whenever you purchase items at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta, and Hill City. Every $1 you spend, you'll get 5 points and a $5 reward for every 500 points earned. The rewards can be redeemed at any Gap Inc. brand.

When you apply for an Old Navy credit card, you're considered for both of Old Navy's card options: The Old Navy Card and the Old Navy Visa Card.

Old Navy will first check to see if you qualify for the Visa Card. If you don't qualify, you're then considered for the Old Navy Card.

The Bad

• Credit Card Limitations
  • High Interest Rates

Credit Card Limitations

Signing up for an Old Navy card is a good idea if you consistently find yourself purchasing Old Navy clothing. The reward program isn't anything to write home about, but if you shop there a lot, you can earn a decent amount of points (which can then be redeemed and save you some money).

However, it is important to keep in mind that you can only use it at Old Navy and other stores owned by Gap Inc if you are approved for the Old Navy Card.

The Old Navy Visa card can be used anywhere, but you have to qualify for that card.

High Interest Rates

Like most retail credit cards, Old Navy's cards have a high-interest rate. At 25.99 percent, it could become a problem if you leave a balance on your card.

If you want to avoid paying more in interest, be sure to pay off your balance in full every month.

The Bottom Line

With over 1,000 stores located throughout the world, Old Navy is a retail juggernaut. The company is known for providing various clothing styles for every member of the family, all for an affordable price. There is plenty of clothing for adults, but there is a decent selection for younger children, toddlers, and babies.

We appreciate Old Navy's dedication to making clothing affordable and offering sales throughout the year. If you are an avid Old Navy shopper, we suggest looking into one of the company's credit cards. They're a great way to save on your purchases and earn points. However, both cards have a fairly high-interest rate, so if you struggle to remember or can't make payments in full and on time, it probably is best to skip the card and just take advantage of all the sales, discounts, and low prices.

4.1

Sicely Lyn Russell Show Low, AZ

When I was a kid I usually wore flannels and dresses from there and they're super cute! I also got some of my childhood Swimsuits from there :)

Marissa Brubaker Bowling Green, OH

The customer service with the company is OUTSTANDING! I'm not one to write a review but I had to share my experience because they go above and beyond for their customers and that's the kind of company that I want to take my money! I ordered some clothes from them and for whatever reason it was delayed almost a month and didn't ship to my house. Although I was disappointed I had to wait longer than anticipated, I had multiple phone calls with them and they were extremely generous and understanding. They apologized, offered multiple discounts and credit backs and their customer service people were extremely kind and patient. I specifically come to Old Navy for their active wear line and I absolutely love it. Granite, their leggings specifically aren't "out of this world" in terms of material but they get the job done, they are soft, they actually stay up when you are working out, and they are comfortable. Not to mention the tall, regular, and petite size options. Although I had to wait almost a month for my items to get here (which never happens) it was worth it and I will be a returning customer!

stevey shumway Lehi, UT

Old Navy is a great store. The clothing for children there is so cute and of great quality. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great bargain. Their customer service is okay, nothing special. A lot of the time there is a huge line to check out.

Melissa Bennett Lambson

I just recently ordered clothes for my children at Oldnavy.com. The website was easy to navigate and I got a great deal! I received all of the clothes today and the kids were thrilled. Old Navy is a staple for clothing at our house!

Christy Suguturaga Orem, UT

Old Navy has the best sale prices and the cutest little kids clothes. I wish I could fit into some of them! My daughters love to match and especially love their spring summer collections. Cutest clothes and dresses and sandals!

Amber Saratoga Springs, UT

Great in style clothing for those on a budget. I love the clothing selection for the kids, and men. However I don't think that is great choice for Women's clothing. It's not high quality and the clothing for women doesn't look good after a few washes. Also, they need to start making more/ better cuts for women's jeans. Not the best selection.

Talia Provo, UT

I love Old Navy! It's a great store to get your clothing essentials, especially because they often have sales. The clothes are true to size, and the website is easy to navigate. My only complaint about their website is their filters—you can specify the category, price range, etc., but there doesn't seem to be a way to organize the items (e.g. lowest–highest price).

Shante Reeder Draper, UT

Old Navy has really stepped up their game! Really cute and stylish clothes for everyone! They have amazing sales as well!

Pekeiydra Williams Tallahassee, FL

Old navy is very affordable and family friendly. I literally can pick up my family of 5 entire holiday outfit out of here. The quality of their clothes are good and the prices are GREAT!

Myken Salt Lake City, UT

I LOVE Old Navy's Children's clothes. The selection, quality and value is unbeatable. They have a great warranty policy on kids jeans which makes me comfortable buying them and I'm always able to find a great deal.

Mandi Smith American Fork, UT

Old Navy always has exactly what little kids want to wear. They always have the latest trends most stylish clothes. Plus, the clothes I buy are always great quality. One thing I don't like about Old Navy though is that their store is always so messy and unorganized.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

My kids love to hit Old Navy for back to school. We love the selection of clothes in the latest trends and the prices are just right. I am disappointed in the cleanliness of the stores and they are not organized well, but because my kids like them... we will return.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Great value and great quality is exactly what Old Navy is. They provide excellent customer service and their stores are always hip and trendy. Thank you for making shopping fun!

Cara McAffee Cedar City, UT

Great deals all the time. The indoor sale is always poppin and I’m able to get everything I need and more. The quality of the clothes is awesome and looks so cute and hipster on. I personally think old navy is underrated

Jasmine King Long Beach, MS

I have bought a variety of clothes from Old Navy, and the quality, in my opinion, is sufficient. My one complaint is that the customer service isn't always top-notch, but other than that, I consider the company to be generally well.

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

Old Navy is one of my favorite online stores to shop for my kids. They always have great options in both colors and sizes. I like the convenience of being able to shop from home and know that if it doesn't fit or my kids don't like it, I can return it to a store, no questions asked.

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

Old Navy has great prices and a great selection. They are always busy, and I know why, because everyone is looking for a good deal on clothes and this is the place to find it.

Chris Alonzo Gilbert, AZ

Old Navy is definitely a family affordable store. I love it! There is always great deals on very stylish clothes. I love taking my kids to Old Navy for school clothes and I’m able to get me some new outfits too.

Tera Layton, UT

I really enjoy Old Navy. They have a great selection of jeans, best shirts, flip flops. They have a great selection of kids clothes which is nice for nieces and nephews. The prices are absolutely phenomenal so I could afford to go in there and buy quite a few things. The staff was very helpful as well.

Anne Marie Milne Layton, UT

I used to buy a lot of my kids clothing at Old Navy. They have wonderful prices and they have such kind employees. It makes the shopping experience good every time. I'm so disappointed the one by my house went out of business but I would go to another city to shop there.

Wendy Park City, UT

Old Navy is a great place to find the latest styles at an affordable price. Something for the whole family!

Sherri Hayes Colchester, VT

I have done a lot of shopping at Old Navy for Christmas. By doing so I earned $100. In Old Navy cash. I placed and older last night for aox $240. There was a 30% off code which I applied , but could not use $70. Of my Old Navy cash toward the order. When they advertise the $ it’s states 10$ for each 25 spent. Only exception gift cards. First of all Macy’s and Kohl’s offer $ to spend later. They allow you to use the $ like its cash . So lesson learned shop at other store the cash is to expensive and very difficult to use. I canceled my order Tfxmxqv immediately after finding out this information. I was told a request was put in ., but if my order shows up i will have to return for credit. Not shopping there again. And if the order is delivered I will be writing more detailed reviews.

Skyla Turner Glen Allen, VA

A cashier at the short pump town center location in Glen Allen, Virginia hassled my mother to get an old navy card, and when she denied multiple times the cashier purposefully declined both of her cards, which both had more than enough money for her purchase. She denied the cards so much so that a line developed behind us and made my mother feel embarrassed. When my mom told the cashier to move her to another machine the cashier said that if she had an old navy card none of this would be happening. My mother showed her the money in her account and made her move her to another machine. At the machine her purchase went in immediately.

Rachel Prince Frederick, MD

I had a very bad experience at the California, Maryland store. I simply made a purchase 2 days prior and discovered I had a coupon for $20 off a phurchase of $60 or more. I called to see if I bring my receipt could I redeem my coupon. I was told yes. I wanted to make sure since I was driving 30 miles to the store. When I get there I was told I need the actual clothing not just the receipt. I tried to explain that was not the case since I called ahead and I also spoke to a relative who works for old navy and she stated all you need is a reciept. I tried to state the facts and was told no they couldn't help me and i could leave for being rude. I asked for the manager and I was told by Andrew he was the manager even though he was the one being rude. He was extremely rude and didn't want to be bothered by my transaction because it would require extra work on his part. I will never visit this old navy again.

Randal hyde Springfield, MO

I love buying kids clothing online at Old Navy. They have a great selection and their prices are great. They usually have a sale going on that you can take advantage of.

Tammie Overholt Tucson, AZ

I have been an Old Navy customer for years and opened an a Old Navy credit card in 2015. I paid the balance in full beginning of August and when I went today 8/11 to purchase school clothes for my kids my account was magically and unexpectedly closed. I was not totified via email, phone or mail mail that the account was such. Non-coincidentally this is the first time the balance has been paid in full, I normally left $20.00 or so on the balance but I wanted to full amount to spend this trip. Old navy wrote me and called me and mailed me statement after statement when they needed to communicate with me but somehow they did not do such to close an account I’d had for three years and paid on, faithfully for three years. This is a horrible company, when I called to file a complaint the representative laughed at me, taking not responsibility but rather saying it was a decision by the banks. Moral of the story, do not pat the entire balance!

Sav Flo Salt Lake City, UT

I like to shop at Old Navy because there prices are great for seasonal clothes. When I'm looking for seasonal clothes Old Navy is my first stop because they have the latest fashion.

Chelsea Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

Great clothing! They last a long time (my daughter is wearing hand me downs from her 2 cousins!) and great quality. I love the deals they run, and the simple, but great styles.

Avery Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I LOVE Old Navy! They have clothes that fit every person in the family and are appropriate for every child! Their clothes and always up to date and never run out of style. I would highly recommend Old Navy:)

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

We purchase a lot of clothes from Old Navy. They have really great sales and that is usually when I buy clothing for my children. I find that they are help and the store is always well kept and clean.

Cassidy Hine Woods Cross, UT

This is one of my favorite places to get my kids' clothes. There is always a good deal for cute clothes. I don't want to spend a fortune on clothes that will be outgrown in a few months, and Old Navy suites our needs perfectly.

CAROLE SCOVILLE Pleasant Grove, UT

Love the clearance section - but shopping is never really straightforward since I know that there are always discounts floating around. I wish they would just price things where they are willing to sell them instead of tons of coupon codes and super cash, etc.

Zoe Julian

Old Navy has cute clothes for a reasonable price. I feel that they have less options for boys which is discouraging and their clothes are not as durable as some. However, for the price you get some nice items that can usually last until they outgrow them.

Natalie Dillon Provo, UT

Old Navy is fairly inexpensive in some areas, but completely overpriced for its quality in other areas. I bought a pair of pants from them and within two wearings the seam on the side ripped. The pants were not too small, the craftsmanship was just very poor. If you can find things on clearance, that is great, if not I do not think the clothing is worth the price.

Landon Robison Layton, UT

Old Navy is inexpensive and always has great deals. I would definitely recommend anyone to try them out if they haven't yet. They have quality clothes for all different ages for good prices.

Mikayla Ralston Gaithersburg, MD

Clothes are good quality and are a good price. The stores are very clean. My only complaint would be the clothes for teens aren't as up to date as they could be.

Natalia Correa MDTribe Tallahassee, FL

I love buying children's clothes here. They are great for gifts, high quality with a low price. I always have a good experience shopping at Old Navy.

Lethia Johnson Tallahassee, FL

So, I was able to buy my nephew the CUTEST dinosaur pj's for Christmas here! They fit just right, and was the perfect price as well!

Nichole Hiatt Eagle Mountain, UT

I love shopping for my kids uniforms online at Old Navy. Their website is really easy to navigate and their clothes are usually pretty good quality.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Old Navy is a great choice for children's clothing. They have a great selection of high quality clothing. Their website is very easy to navigate. It is an amazing company.

michelle roberts Riverton, UT

I can always find affordable clothing for my kids. The quality is great for the price. I can always find the sizes I need. Employees are always willing to help me out.

Tiffany Nguyen Ashburn, VA

Absolutely love Old Navy, the clothing there are very cute and the service is very nice. The only thing I can complain is the prices are sometimes expensive.

Allison Campbell Jackson, MS

Pricing is great for children clothes and the quality is good. They have the latest styles in stock all the time plus old favorites.

A.V Philadelphia, PA

I made an buy online, pick up in store order at 8am. Card was charged at 8:15am, and order was canceled at 8:30 because the item sold out. This is not my first time ordering this way, and I usually not charged until the order is filled. Why would you guys charge my card first without checking inventory?!?! Now I'm fighting to get my refund back (3-5 business days) its been 7....GIVE ME MY MONEY!

Deanna Fredericksburg, VA

There is a girl named Reyna in the Fredericksburg VA location, she is amazing!!! So helpful always and such a hard worker!!!!

Unhappy mom Kissimmee, FL

I just left old navy in Kissimmee Fl. I waited inline to buy 8 pairs of short/ pants for my girl for back to school. There were two signs that stated 50% off in red. The cashierinformed me the unspecified sign eas for the shirts. This was a horrible customer experience. I waisted my time trying on clothes that were not actually on sale. You all need to improve your signs. I will take my business to anither store.

Vanessa West Hempstead, NY

I went to the old navy in Hempstead NY and the customer service was horrible. I went to make an exchange and the cashier was getting impatient. I told her that her attitude was rude and she responded that she is not here for me. And she doesn’t care if I like her attitude or not and that she didn’t need to know my opinion on her attitude. As I continued to make my purchase I explained to her that she needs to understand customer service. I asked to speak with her manager and she replied that it doesn’t matter. The service at this location is usually an unpleasant one.

Brooke Markleville, IN

I ordered two items in store from old navy Friday afternoon the order went through and everything was fine. Since then they have cancelled the order or the items THREE times . Giving no reason as to why. Everything is in stock and my credit card is fine. The fact that this has happened for a third time and no reason is ridiculous . I will not be ordering from old navy again.

Paula Henrie Pleasant Grove, UT

I love shopping at old navy because of there cute swimsuits and i absolutely love their leggings. They have the cutest athletic wear and great customer service.

Avery Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I love old navy! They are always so friendly and happy towards there customers! They always have the latest fashion and such good quality clothes!