As one of the Gap, Inc. brands, Old Navy opened its doors in 1994. The name has a Parisian feel, as Old Navy got its name from a bar in Paris. In 1997, the store set a retail record when it reached $1 billion in annual sales in less than four years of operation. In the years since, they have maintained the high sales numbers by providing quality clothing options at an affordable cost. As part of the largest apparel brands worldwide, Old Navy has over 1,000 brick and mortar stores, in addition to the online store.

Kohl's chevron_right
GAP chevron_right

The Good

• Affordable price
  • Shop in a store or online
  • Owned by Gap

Old Navy provides fashionable trends and styles for the whole family. The price tags reflect affordable costs. This brand allows the entire family to find everything they need to be decked out from head to toe. If one of the 1,000 stores isn't close by your location, head on over to the web. Their website offers all available merchandise, usually with a sale and/or free shipping.

Although they have not been in business as long as other children's clothing retailers they are owned by GAP Inc. which has had a solid reputation for almost half a century. GAP Inc. has made it easy for customers to find what they want by grouping all the websites of the companies they own together. If customers can't find what they want at the Old Navy site they can easily skip over to GAP, Banana Republic, or another GAP Inc. company. The option to look at other GAP Inc. companies is conveniently located on the top right corner of the Old Navy website.

The Bad

• Customer complaints

Old Navy has racked up some harsh complaints over the years, with everything from double charges for orders to receiving wet clothes. There have also been numerous complaints that appear on the parent site's account.

The Bottom Line

Old Navy set a new retail record when reaching a billion in sales in its first four years, and sales have remained strong since their beginning back in 1994. Clothes are stylish and affordable. Their website is an easy-to-find format, and is a great addition to the 1,000 stores nationwide.

3.8

Sherri Hayes
December 10th, 2019 Colchester, VT DETAILS

I have done a lot of shopping at Old Navy for Christmas. By doing so I earned $100. In Old Navy cash. I placed and older last night for aox $240. There was a 30% off code which I applied , but could not use $70. Of my Old Navy cash toward the order. When they advertise the $ it’s states 10$ for each 25 spent. Only exception gift cards. First of all Macy’s and Kohl’s offer $ to spend later. They allow you to use the $ like its cash . So lesson learned shop at other store the cash is to expensive and very difficult to use. I canceled my order Tfxmxqv immediately after finding out this information. I was told a request was put in ., but if my order shows up i will have to return for credit. Not shopping there again. And if the order is delivered I will be writing more detailed reviews.

A.V
December 10th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

I made an buy online, pick up in store order at 8am. Card was charged at 8:15am, and order was canceled at 8:30 because the item sold out. This is not my first time ordering this way, and I usually not charged until the order is filled. Why would you guys charge my card first without checking inventory?!?! Now I'm fighting to get my refund back (3-5 business days) its been 7....GIVE ME MY MONEY!

Patricia musick
September 18th, 2019 DETAILS

I ordered online school uniforms for my daughter and unfortunately they were wrong size I was told from customers service I could exchange in store so when I took in store the woman was really rude said I could exchange only refund and it was not instant it's been a day and I am still waiting on refund

Deanna
September 10th, 2019 Fredericksburg, VA DETAILS

There is a girl named Reyna in the Fredericksburg VA location, she is amazing!!! So helpful always and such a hard worker!!!!

Mariah Murphy
June 20th, 2019 Jamaica, NY DETAILS

I went to the Jamaica, Queens location for Old Navy and waited on a line for a whole hour to find out that they are only excepting cards. I was very dissappointed and angry at this. I only had one item too, so to stand on a whole line for an hour for a just one item was ridiculous.

Unhappy mom
June 11th, 2019 Kissimmee, FL DETAILS

I just left old navy in Kissimmee Fl. I waited inline to buy 8 pairs of short/ pants for my girl for back to school. There were two signs that stated 50% off in red. The cashierinformed me the unspecified sign eas for the shirts. This was a horrible customer experience. I waisted my time trying on clothes that were not actually on sale. You all need to improve your signs. I will take my business to anither store.

Tori
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Their kids clothes are so cute but they are either so expensive or so cheap its always a gamble when I am looking for kids clothes

Christina Balls
June 10th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

I shop for all my family's needs and are usually satisfied. Some of their products are cheap and get holes, but some of their clothing is nice.

Vanessa
February 21st, 2019 West Hempstead, NY DETAILS

I went to the old navy in Hempstead NY and the customer service was horrible. I went to make an exchange and the cashier was getting impatient. I told her that her attitude was rude and she responded that she is not here for me. And she doesn’t care if I like her attitude or not and that she didn’t need to know my opinion on her attitude. As I continued to make my purchase I explained to her that she needs to understand customer service. I asked to speak with her manager and she replied that it doesn’t matter. The service at this location is usually an unpleasant one.

Melissa Bennett Lambson
February 13th, 2019 DETAILS

I just recently ordered clothes for my children at Oldnavy.com. The website was easy to navigate and I got a great deal! I received all of the clothes today and the kids were thrilled. Old Navy is a staple for clothing at our house!

Jen Paxman
February 13th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Old Navy is one of my favorite online stores to shop for my kids. They always have great options in both colors and sizes. I like the convenience of being able to shop from home and know that if it doesn't fit or my kids don't like it, I can return it to a store, no questions asked.

Christy Suguturaga
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Old Navy has the best sale prices and the cutest little kids clothes. I wish I could fit into some of them! My daughters love to match and especially love their spring summer collections. Cutest clothes and dresses and sandals!

Skyla Turner
February 6th, 2019 Glen Allen, VA DETAILS

A cashier at the short pump town center location in Glen Allen, Virginia hassled my mother to get an old navy card, and when she denied multiple times the cashier purposefully declined both of her cards, which both had more than enough money for her purchase. She denied the cards so much so that a line developed behind us and made my mother feel embarrassed. When my mom told the cashier to move her to another machine the cashier said that if she had an old navy card none of this would be happening. My mother showed her the money in her account and made her move her to another machine. At the machine her purchase went in immediately.

Rachel
January 2nd, 2019 Prince Frederick, MD DETAILS

I had a very bad experience at the California, Maryland store. I simply made a purchase 2 days prior and discovered I had a coupon for $20 off a phurchase of $60 or more. I called to see if I bring my receipt could I redeem my coupon. I was told yes. I wanted to make sure since I was driving 30 miles to the store. When I get there I was told I need the actual clothing not just the receipt. I tried to explain that was not the case since I called ahead and I also spoke to a relative who works for old navy and she stated all you need is a reciept. I tried to state the facts and was told no they couldn't help me and i could leave for being rude. I asked for the manager and I was told by Andrew he was the manager even though he was the one being rude. He was extremely rude and didn't want to be bothered by my transaction because it would require extra work on his part. I will never visit this old navy again.

Brooke
December 20th, 2018 Markleville, IN DETAILS

I ordered two items in store from old navy Friday afternoon the order went through and everything was fine. Since then they have cancelled the order or the items THREE times . Giving no reason as to why. Everything is in stock and my credit card is fine. The fact that this has happened for a third time and no reason is ridiculous . I will not be ordering from old navy again.

Randal hyde
November 6th, 2018 Springfield, MO DETAILS

I love buying kids clothing online at Old Navy. They have a great selection and their prices are great. They usually have a sale going on that you can take advantage of.

Jodi Freedman
October 24th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Inexpensive, stylish clothes. Quality is fair.

Amber
September 20th, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

Great in style clothing for those on a budget. I love the clothing selection for the kids, and men. However I don't think that is great choice for Women's clothing. It's not high quality and the clothing for women doesn't look good after a few washes. Also, they need to start making more/ better cuts for women's jeans. Not the best selection.

Marissa Brubaker
September 12th, 2018 Bowling Green, OH DETAILS

The customer service with the company is OUTSTANDING! I'm not one to write a review but I had to share my experience because they go above and beyond for their customers and that's the kind of company that I want to take my money! I ordered some clothes from them and for whatever reason it was delayed almost a month and didn't ship to my house. Although I was disappointed I had to wait longer than anticipated, I had multiple phone calls with them and they were extremely generous and understanding. They apologized, offered multiple discounts and credit backs and their customer service people were extremely kind and patient. I specifically come to Old Navy for their active wear line and I absolutely love it. Granite, their leggings specifically aren't "out of this world" in terms of material but they get the job done, they are soft, they actually stay up when you are working out, and they are comfortable. Not to mention the tall, regular, and petite size options. Although I had to wait almost a month for my items to get here (which never happens) it was worth it and I will be a returning customer!

Paula Henrie
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I love shopping at old navy because of there cute swimsuits and i absolutely love their leggings. They have the cutest athletic wear and great customer service.

August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I love old navy! They are always so friendly and happy towards there customers! They always have the latest fashion and such good quality clothes!

Thomas Hullinger
August 27th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Old Navy has great prices and a great selection. They are always busy, and I know why, because everyone is looking for a good deal on clothes and this is the place to find it.

Tammie Overholt
August 13th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

I have been an Old Navy customer for years and opened an a Old Navy credit card in 2015. I paid the balance in full beginning of August and when I went today 8/11 to purchase school clothes for my kids my account was magically and unexpectedly closed. I was not totified via email, phone or mail mail that the account was such. Non-coincidentally this is the first time the balance has been paid in full, I normally left $20.00 or so on the balance but I wanted to full amount to spend this trip. Old navy wrote me and called me and mailed me statement after statement when they needed to communicate with me but somehow they did not do such to close an account I’d had for three years and paid on, faithfully for three years. This is a horrible company, when I called to file a complaint the representative laughed at me, taking not responsibility but rather saying it was a decision by the banks. Moral of the story, do not pat the entire balance!

Chris Alonzo
July 26th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Old Navy is definitely a family affordable store. I love it! There is always great deals on very stylish clothes. I love taking my kids to Old Navy for school clothes and I’m able to get me some new outfits too.

Talia Ostraff
July 19th, 2018 Provo, UT

I love Old Navy! It's a great store to get your clothing essentials, especially because they often have sales. The clothes are true to size, and the website is easy to navigate. My only complaint about their website is their filters—you can specify the category, price range, etc., but there doesn't seem to be a way to organize the items (e.g. lowest–highest price).

Amelia Gibson
June 6th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

Old Navy is very dependable and has very affordable prices.

June 5th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I LOVE Old Navy! They have clothes that fit every person in the family and are appropriate for every child! Their clothes and always up to date and never run out of style. I would highly recommend Old Navy:)

Sadie Scoville
June 5th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I LOVE OLD NAVY!! I love that everything that I buy there is so cute and a great price.

Brooke Hester
June 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

They have cheap good quality clothes. Easy to find and service is great!

Kristin
May 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I am always delightfully surprised what I can find at Old Navy! Highly Recommend !

CAROLE SCOVILLE
May 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Love the clearance section - but shopping is never really straightforward since I know that there are always discounts floating around. I wish they would just price things where they are willing to sell them instead of tons of coupon codes and super cash, etc.

May 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We purchase a lot of clothes from Old Navy. They have really great sales and that is usually when I buy clothing for my children. I find that they are help and the store is always well kept and clean.

Cassidy Hine
May 31st, 2018 Woods Cross, UT DETAILS

This is one of my favorite places to get my kids' clothes. There is always a good deal for cute clothes. I don't want to spend a fortune on clothes that will be outgrown in a few months, and Old Navy suites our needs perfectly.

Joanna Hester
May 29th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Love online shopping at Old Navy. Huge selection and you get to avoid the lines in in the stores.

H Moore
May 29th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Old Navy is a great store for buying basics for your whole family.

Bella Houtz
May 29th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Old Navy has a great selection of accessories and clothing that is comfortable. We love what Old Navy has to offer.

Nana Asiata
May 29th, 2018 Herriman, UT DETAILS

Their kids clothes are just the best! They always have the cutest shirts and shoes!

Bella Houtz
May 29th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Old navy is great for all ages. We love what old navy has to offer. Old navy has great customer service and are always welcoming.

Ashley
May 25th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

My number one favorite go to spot for children’s clothing if you want to find a good deal and not pay a lot of money.

Samantha
May 4th, 2018 Millville, UT DETAILS

Old Navy is my favorite place to buy kids clothes!! Quality clothes for a decent price. It is a one stop shop kinda place!

JRosa
April 30th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

What used to be a store for mom jeans is now one of my favorite stores. Way to rebrand!

SG
April 30th, 2018 Englewood, CO DETAILS

Great store! Good variety of clothes - especially like the pants and pant fits.

Zoe Julian
April 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Old Navy has cute clothes for a reasonable price. I feel that they have less options for boys which is discouraging and their clothes are not as durable as some. However, for the price you get some nice items that can usually last until they outgrow them.

Michelle Hawker
April 24th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Old Navy can't be beat for on trend children's clothing at an exceptional price. Quality is probably not awesome, but children grow so fast, it may not make a difference

Schon
April 24th, 2018 Smithfield, UT DETAILS

Quality clothing for pretty decent prices. I usually don’t like the shirts that say old navy on them but the designs are usually pretty good.

Lauren Gull
April 23rd, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Love that I can get cute clothes for cheap. Don’t love that they are sometimes not very durable

Erin Rhoton
April 23rd, 2018 Veguita, NM DETAILS

I love buying baby clothes at Old Navy. They are always really cute and high-quality!

Brette
April 19th, 2018 Draper, UT DETAILS

I love old navy, I can always find cute things for such a good price! I am never disappointed with their selection.

Jeff Martin
April 19th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

I remember my wife and I bought a lot of our kids clothes from Old Navy. They were one of the few places with decent prices that we could afford. Nice clothing

Natalie Dillon
April 19th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Old Navy is fairly inexpensive in some areas, but completely overpriced for its quality in other areas. I bought a pair of pants from them and within two wearings the seam on the side ripped. The pants were not too small, the craftsmanship was just very poor. If you can find things on clearance, that is great, if not I do not think the clothing is worth the price.