JCPenney Logo
LAST UPDATED: April 29th, 2021

JCPenny opened its first set of doors back in 1902 and today there are over 1,000 stores nationwide. Children's clothing can be found here, in addition to styles for the whole family and home furnishings. In addition to their stores, they also have the JCPenny outlet stores as well as their well-rounded website.

The Good

• Great styles and designs
  • Website is easy to navigate
  • Advanced search options

When it comes to kids' clothing options, JCPenny offers today's hottest styles, colors and designs in dresses and dress wear, shorts and shirts and swimwear. Similarly, they have the top brand names in footwear, such as Converse, Nike and Reebok.

Their website makes it easy to find that perfect item. Search boxes on the right allow to find the perfect color, size, brand and style. Customers can select as many specifics as they would like to find the exact item they are searching.

For clothing searches, break down the hunt by gender, size, color and style. This is ideal when your daughter needs a purple polka dot dress, or your little boy needs a yellow pin-striped short sleeved dress shirt. Let the ease of JCPenny's website be your personal shopping assistant.

The Bad

• Customer complaints
  • Customer service issues

There are plenty of complaints on review sites on the internet. These complaints were mostly about customer service. A small number of complaints about customer service is nothing to worry about because that could just be a customer or employee having a bad day but when complaints start to pile up about customer service we start to worry about the companies culture and reputation.

The Bottom Line

I recommend shopping at JCPenny, but also recommend the old adage, "buyers beware". Arizona brand seems to be a solid choice, but before purchasing clothes for the kids in your life, be sure to take a minute and glance over the stitchery on the shirts, seam lines on jeans, etc.

3.1

John M. Dickson Jr Washington, DC

4/29/21 the manager in the men's clothing department exhibited attributes of character akin to nobility. I deemed it most important to convey that to his corporate superiors. He is truly an asset to the larger corporation. In a very simple matter where wrong could have been done he did the right thing and for that I am terribly grateful in a society where that does not always happen. Mr. John Malcolm Dickson Jr. He is truly amazing.

Dorsey Rebillard Taylor, PA

I bought my Homecoming dress at JCPenneys in November of 2018. That dress made my entire night memorable and left an impressionable mark on the people who greeted me. There is one employee in particular, Katrina C, that has made my experience even greater. This employee has shown great salesperson skills, including the directory of clothing and the confidence of a passionate employee, and she also shows wonderful leadership skills, where she doesn’t let down a challenge. Although others will doubt her, she has great skills with sales and online order, although recently she had forgotten how to do a cash order from online. She never backs down when things are hard. This employee has many social skills and emphasizes the importance of appearance and elegance. She has fashion skills and she has the skills to make any outfit look amazing. I would highly recommend this employee to anyone looking for a beautiful or business outfit. She has shown very polite manners and always greets with a smile.

Robyn Mount Pleasant, MI

Tiffany in the Alma Michigan store was such a help, my father & I have spent 3 days trying to get the right curtains for his odd shaped windows. Many purchases & returns. We were returning a purchase we made & Tiffany was helping then mentioned she was knowledgable in this area... long of it she was extremely!! She explained, recommended & even placed a order for us as the store didn't have the volume we needed. I'm so Thankful....Thank you Again Tiffany Robyn

Christina Diaz-Rigg Chesterton, IN

At the Porters Vale JCPenney in Valparaiso, IN I came in for an exchange since the boots I bought online were too small. Unfortunately because I got them at an awesome sale price, they didn’t have the same styles anymore. Jacqueline went above and beyond to help me find those styles online, reordered them and I even got them at the same price!! She was so sweet and friendly to me and my 1 year old daughter. I really appreciated her excellent customer service and just genuine friendly personality. I will definitely be back!!

Anne Marie Milne Layton, UT

I've always loved the JCPenney's. I still remember this day very vividly. I went into the store to try on jeans. I've been watching my weight and exercising after I had my second baby and I fit into a size 8 jeans ( yay ) it was the happiest day of my life!!!! I stayed at a size 8 for 20-plus years until I got in a car wreck 4 years ago now I'm struggling a little bit with keeping that balance but I will one day get in that size 8 again. I absolutely love there customer service. Amazing people there are so beyond helpful they will do anything for you!!!! One of my favorite stores.

Coral ,

On the 3/3/2020 went to JC Penney in Quaker Bridge Mall. Received outstanding customer service by Eileen. Because of her I returned the next day and made other purchases. She was one of three cashiers I encountered that day.. I usually shop nearest to me in PA . But that has changed . Kudos to Elieen.

Patricia Daniels Boise, ID

The 5 stars are for Deb ONLY. I made a purchase today, and Deb (lady with black hair, who was helping us in the men’s dept.) was exceptional!!!! Her service was very friendly, accurate, friendly and fast, AND she knows how to use the computer/cash register!!! Great employee!

Pekeiydra Williams Tallahassee, FL

I always shop here for my mom, aunt and grandmothers gifts for holidays. I love JCPenny because they have a variety of options to choose from. The staff are always friendly and knowledgeable.

Matthew Hall Jackson, MS

JCPenny is a wonderful brand in that they work with Child Protective Services to keep children in need clothed. They have great clothing. Ad growing up some of their clothes have definitely lasted some growth.

Aaron Paxman Lehi, UT

I ordered shoes online and I was able to get the shoes shipped to a local store for free. Their online customer service was fast and very efficient. Quality of the shoe was outstanding and very comfortable.

Tera Layton, UT

I enjoy shopping at JCPenneys the things that I shop for there are shoes and makeup perfume. I enjoy going to the makeup counter to find new colors and makeup. The people there are very helpful and helping me know what's right for my right coloring. They seem to have some good sales to.

Sicely Lyn Russell Show Low, AZ

I had quite a bit of clothes from JC Penny's when I was a kid. I've loved their jeans and their swimsuits!

Natalia Correa MDTribe Tallahassee, FL

JCPenney has a lot of great options for children's clothing. They also have lots of different styles to choose from! Good quality and great deals too!

Katlyn Hockman Houston, TX

Their prices are amazing and there is always something for everyone for any occasion. Their employees are always helpful whenever help is needed.

stevey shumway Provo, UT

JCPenney is a great store. The clothing in the children's section is affordable and good quality. The section is always well kept and tidy.

Jaci Rhoades Bryant, AR

I live at JCPenney's for my son. They have a wonderful selection for boys (which is hard to find). The prices are extremely fair.

Eric Gagnard Dallas, TX

Nice quality goods and low quality prices. Worth a trip if you’re looking for something on the dressier side

Becca Bozeman, MT

It was great! I was helped by a gal named Kayla in the Bozeman Gallatin valley mall. She was very helpful and friendly!

Nikki Smith Belleville, IL

I lovvvveeeeeee JC Penney's the customer service representatives are always friendly and knowledgeable and personable

Brandy Tallahassee, FL

Great clothing and for a pretty decent price. Also, there are usually great coupons to use

Nora Holland Mount Olive, MS

When I look for graphic T-shirts I always come here to find them and they look the best.

Bill Nelson Salt Lake City, UT

Very inexpensive but good quality selection. Online or in store selection is great.

Tyion Lamaster Kansas City, MO

A lady name Sandi was so sweet she deserves a raise for the good help -Tyion Lamaster

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

Whenever one of my girls need a dress I always go to online JCPenney. They have the best selection and prices!

Allison Danville, VA

I purchased a massage chair and love it. Love all the features.

H Moore Lehi, UT

We love JC Penney, and I've taken my kids there for years for portraits as well.

Bella Houtz South Jordan, UT

We love jc penny it has great customer service. We there is a huge variety of good clothing!

P. Palmer El Paso, TX

I love pennys! I can always find cute clothes for me and my kiddo at a good price.

Sadie Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

My friends always have the cutest shoes and they are always from JCPenney!

Brooke Hester Gilbert, AZ

Super cheap clothes that i love!! So easy to find things too!!

Bella Houtz South Jordan, UT

JCPenny is a great place to shop. It has a great variety of anything you need!

Michael Ogden, UT

Great store. Sad to see so many closing