JCPenney Logo
LAST UPDATED: April 29th, 2021

JCPenny opened its first set of doors back in 1902 and today there are over 1,000 stores nationwide. Children's clothing can be found here, in addition to styles for the whole family and home furnishings. In addition to their stores, they also have the JCPenny outlet stores as well as their well-rounded website.

The Good

• Great styles and designs
  • Website is easy to navigate
  • Advanced search options

When it comes to kids' clothing options, JCPenny offers today's hottest styles, colors and designs in dresses and dress wear, shorts and shirts and swimwear. Similarly, they have the top brand names in footwear, such as Converse, Nike and Reebok.

Their website makes it easy to find that perfect item. Search boxes on the right allow to find the perfect color, size, brand and style. Customers can select as many specifics as they would like to find the exact item they are searching.

For clothing searches, break down the hunt by gender, size, color and style. This is ideal when your daughter needs a purple polka dot dress, or your little boy needs a yellow pin-striped short sleeved dress shirt. Let the ease of JCPenny's website be your personal shopping assistant.

The Bad

• Customer complaints
  • Customer service issues

There are plenty of complaints on review sites on the internet. These complaints were mostly about customer service. A small number of complaints about customer service is nothing to worry about because that could just be a customer or employee having a bad day but when complaints start to pile up about customer service we start to worry about the companies culture and reputation.

The Bottom Line

I recommend shopping at JCPenny, but also recommend the old adage, "buyers beware". Arizona brand seems to be a solid choice, but before purchasing clothes for the kids in your life, be sure to take a minute and glance over the stitchery on the shirts, seam lines on jeans, etc.

3.1

Deb Cassville, MO

I was shopping and a women came up to us telling us are hair looked damaged. We had split ends. Bla bla bla. I am there to shop not to be insulted by someone who works in the Jc Penney Salon. I am very sure all the other shoppers she insulted didn’t like either. If this happens to me again. I will not shop there again. It was very Rude!!!

Paula Henrie Pleasant Grove, UT

JCPenney has a good range of styles and so many options that come in many sizes. All of there clothing has a great price and they even have occasional sales happening.

Nicole Sohm Herriman, UT

Not my first store I choose to shop at but I do love when I get a text coupon offer from them then I will go in to shop and use their coupon.

Amanda Montebello, CA

I have shopped at JcPennys quite a bit but don’t feel as if their quality matches the prices of the items.

R Tallahassee, FL

This is where I used to shop. I love their clothes and their many discounts that we always got.

Lori Fletcher Saratoga Springs, UT

Their selection of kid clothes have decreased in my opinion and most their coupons don't apply.

Denise H. Mona, UT

JCPenney has great sales and promotions. I also like that they offer a wide variety of products.

Landon Robison Layton, UT

They have great quality clothing but they are pretty high in price. I would not recommend if you are on a budget.

Kristin Pleasant Grove, UT

Every time I go to check out at JC Penney’s I have to wait in a long line.