GapKids Logo

GapKids

One of today's most popular brands of kids' clothing got its start due to non-fitting jeans. In 1969, Doris and Don Fisher opened the first GAP store. Don couldn't find a pair of jeans that fit correctly, and the rest is history. The pair never expected to grow into a large retail chain, but guided by compassion and a strong desire to win, the Fishers grew their company thoughtfully, with customers responding in kind.

Gap, Inc. is one of today's leading international specialty retailers, boasting six brands — Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta, Piperlime, and INTERMIX. Gap Kids and Gap Outlets round out the clothing empire. The company owns nearly 3,700 stores and has more than 150,000 employees on their payroll.

The Good

• Easy Search Function
  • Available Internationally
  • Pricing and Returns
  • Communication

Easy Search Function

Gap has a solid reputation for energetic and lively children's wear. It has an easy to search website which helps to save time and energy when you are shopping. Specifically for children’s clothing, you can search a number of different categories, including toddler, baby, boys, and girls. Within these categories, you can find tops, pants, winter wear, shoes, accessories, pajamas, school uniforms, and much more.

Available Internationally

More than 90 countries can access Gap's website which makes the company a global enterprise.

Pricing and Returns

Price tags on Gap Kids’ items are in the moderate range. Shipping is free on all orders over $50, and all returns are free.

Communication

Gap is very active on social media. The company can be found on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest. Customers can also join a mailing list to be alerted about sales and deals.

The Bad

• Quality of Clothing
  • Website Navigation

Quality of Clothing

Some customers have complained that GAP’s clothing fades or wears out after being worn even just a few times. This is especially problematic in children’s clothing which is often subject to more wear and tear than adult clothing.

Website Navigation

Other customers have pointed out that GAP’s website is difficult to navigate and takes a while to load. This is likely due to the large amount of content and pages included in GAP’s website, which on one hand contributes to an easy search experience, but on the other hand can lead to slower loading times.

The Bottom Line

GAP is a solid company, designing high-quality, top-notch styles at a mid-range price. The website isn't as simple as others, but is just another reason the Gap brand stands out in today's society. From the outlet stores to the child-specific Gap Kids store, to the online market, GAP can be found in nearly 90 countries, and provides outstanding customer service.

Lindsey Newman American Fork, UT

I love getting clothes for my kids from gap! They are really great quality clothes and trendy and cute. I don't buy them as often as I would because they are more costly- but I do love when I can dress my kids in their clothes!

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Gap has a superb online website for online ordering of our kids clothing. They have great styles and at great prices. And the online tools make buying easy and quick.. have never had an issue online with Gap. First rate shopping with Gap.

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

The Gap offers great options for my kids. My kids are more tall and skinny and a lot of stores have clothes that just hang off of them. But the Gap offers slender options that fit my kids perfectly. It is easy to purchase their clothes online and easy to return to a store if they don't fit or my kids don't like them. They also send email with discounts or coupons so that makes it even more affordable. Their clothes was and wear extremely well.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

I love BabyGap clothes. They are darling and nice quality. Some of my favorite pieces from my son's first year are BabyGap! I always recommend them to my friends who want a step up in quality from Carter's (who I still love).

Anne Marie Milne Layton, UT

I love the gap. When my kids were young The Gap was my go to store. I shopped their for everything baby swim suits things for swimming, the cutest little bags that match with the suits and the towels, the shoes. Everything matched with everything it was so fun to shop there with my kids. I'm a huge fan of the gap. Adult Gap store is absolutely fabulous and the baby Gap I can't wait to have grand babies and shop their.

Tiffany American Fork, UT

The Gap has gone completely downhill in the last several years. Every time I go in there, I can't find anything I would ever wear. I used to shop at Kids Gap all the time and now the styles are out of date or not the type of style I used to expect from this store. The return policy is HORRIBLE. I bought a pair of jeans for my husband, returned them and they had to MAIL me a check that can only be used IN STORE (not online) even though I paid with a credit card. This is a horrible policy. I have been back in the store several times to try to find something I can buy and I can't even find anything. I will not shop here again.

Chelsea Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

I love Baby and Children's GAP. The clothing is the best quality I have had for baby/children's clothing. However, the prices are a little high to really purchase for a regular everyday clothing for little ones. I wish they ran more sales and made the clothing more affordable, because I truly love their clothing!

Wendy Park City, UT

I love GAP clothes! They are excellent quality and always the latest style. I especially love the clearance section!

Mandi Smith American Fork, UT

GAP has the CUTEST children's clothes. The jeans are the best quality and their customer service is amazing, they never fail to satisfy my needs as a costumer.

Avery Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I would highly recommend gap as a store to shop at for the whole family! Everytime I go to gap they have some sort of sale or good deal, and the customer service is always so welcoming a and helpful!

Robert Flores Neenah, WI

The clothes at GAP are always so in style! I am always able to dress trendy when I shop here. I love seasonal items and the wide variety of clothing types. There is something st GAP for everyone!

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

I have four kids and Gap is a frequent stop when they need clothes. They are a little more expensive than other stores, but they always have the latest styles and their clothes last longer than cheaper clothes.

Alex Lewis Salt Lake City, UT

I love Gap! They have amazing clothes that are all very high quality. My online shopping experience was fantastic and received all packages in a timely manner and they arrived by the expected date.

Ashphile Baptiste Tallahassee, FL

GAP is one of my favorite stores and has been around for so long and their clothing always have impeccable quality and last me forever.

Amber Saratoga Springs, UT

My favorite place to get soft stylish newborn clothes that hold up after being washed over and over again. They have the cutest baby clothes.

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

GAP is a great clothing store. They have the clothes that will make you look and feel great, no matter what age you are as a child. They have something for you.

Sav Flo

As a little girl I was always in Gap clothes because my mom worked for one of their store and so I have seen many styles come and go. Throughout the years I have seen a decline in the quality of the clothing. Now I would rather shop else where knowing that my clothes will last longer than that of Gap.

Casey

Good quality clothes- especially baby clothes. I never buy anything full price here because they have sales so frequently. I regularly get things 40% off or more. It's definitely worth the wait to buy items.

David Lewis Salt Lake City, UT

One of my favorite stores! I love how a lot of their stuff doesn't have big logos or graphics on it. Everything seems to fit really well and be high-quality, too.

Erin Rhoton Veguita, NM

Baby Gap has the cutest baby clothes! They are more expensive than other baby stores but they area really fun splurge when you want a cute outfit for a special occasion!

Daniela Garcia Miami, FL

Gap always has great styles and deals for children of all ages. The quality of this brand is unmatched.

Natalia Correa MDTribe Tallahassee, FL

GAP always has very good quality clothes for kids and they have awesome deals every now and then too!

Katlyn Hockman Houston, TX

They Have the cutest baby clothes and I always go straight to them when purchasing clothes for my friends children.

Hallieford Arlington, TX

I love GAP for my kids swimsuits. I like that I can get matching suits for my girls and boys all in once place.

Avery Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

Gap is one of my favorite places to shop! They always have the best sales and deals for everyone in the family!

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I love the quality and style of the Gap brands. They are unique and very well made. Can be a little pricey so I usually wait for a sale.

Nicole Sohm Herriman, UT

I LOVE shopping at GAP! They have amazing workout clothes for a good price and still great quality!

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

Very cute durable clothes for children. They last and fit well. Sizing is perfect and great styles.

Kimsreview Olney, MD

Good quality and nice style. They are always friendly in the store. The stores always have trendy clothes.

Becky Stiggins Provo, UT

Gap runs great sales. Full price items are a little high, but they are great about running sales.

Sadie Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

I had a sweatshirt from Gap and I had it for 3 years. It was great quality and never went out of style.

Bella Houtz South Jordan, UT

GAP is a great option for childrens clothing. Gap is good for all ages and provides clothes that we love.

Samantha Millville, UT

Nothing better than a baby dressed in Gap! I feel like I get quality clothes when I purchase from Gap!

zoe Pleasant Grove, UT

gap has so many cute clothes for the whole entire family. website is pretty easy to use.

Sage Loveland Springville, UT

I have bought Gap kid’s clothing for years. I can always rely on the quality and durability.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

The quality of their clothing keeps me coming back for more!

Aubrey Rentschler Salt Lake City, UT

Their clothes are fashionable and good quality. Their children's clothes are especially cute.

Kenneth Okerlund

The website takes a while to load and is a little difficult to navigate. In store experiences are much better.

Suzanna Wootton Springville, UT

Really cute clothes and great quality!

CAROLE SCOVILLE Pleasant Grove, UT

Love the clothes and selection, but think the prices are too high.

Kristin Pleasant Grove, UT

Somewhat overpriced children’s clothing. If you can find a good sale that’s the best time to buy.

Bella Houtz South Jordan, UT

GAP has great clothing and a variety of choices for the whole family.

H Moore Lehi, UT

GAP has been a mainstay store for my family, and we love their clothing!

Jeff Martin Layton, UT

Bought a lot of my daughter's clothes here. Great store and great prices.

Amelia Gibson South Jordan, UT

Gap's choices and affordable prices are awesome.

Brooke Hester Gilbert, AZ

Cheap stylish clothes. People are great and so nice.

Chase H Provo, UT

Cute clothes! But very expensive. It is fun to look at but hard to justify spending that much money on baby clothing.

Hayden Danger Barton Layton, UT

Good quality clothes. Sad some closed around me

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

Cute children’s clothing and very well-made.