GAP

7.6

One of today's most popular brands of kids' clothing got it's start due to non-fitting jeans. In 1969, Doris and Don Fisher opened the first GAP store. Don couldn't find a pair of jeans that fit correctly, and the rest, they say, is history. The pair never expected to grow into a large retail chain, but by being guided by compassion and a strong desire to win, the Fishers grew their company thoughtfully, with customers responding in kind.

Gap, Inc. is one of today's leading international specialty retailers, boasting six brands-Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta, Piperlime and INTERMIX. Gap Kids and Gap Outlets round out the clothing empire. The company owns nearly 3,700 stores and has more than 150,000 employees on their payroll.

#1 JCPenney Logo JCPenney ›

8.7

Overall
Score

#2 Macy's Logo Macy's ›

8.2

Overall
Score

#3 Kohl's Logo Kohl's ›

7.9

Overall
Score

#4 GAP Logo GAP

7.6

Overall
Score

The Good

• Easy search function
  • Available internationally
  • Free returns

GAP has a solid reputation for energetic and lively children's wear. They have an easy to search website which helps to save time and energy when you are shopping. Over 90 countries can access GAP's website which makes them a global enterprise. Price tags on their items are in the moderate range.

GAP is very active on social media. They can be found on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest. Customer can also join a mailing list to be alerted about sales and deals.

Shipping is free on all orders over $50 and all their returns are free.

The Bad

• Website can be overwhelming

The website for GAP is a bit busy. It appears to offer many choices, and it be a bit overwhelming for some. Very minor thing to report, however. The website is designed a bit more advanced than the competition, but perhaps this is just another way to stand out in the crowd.

The Bottom Line

Gap, Inc. is a solid company, designing high-quality, top-notched styles at a mid-range price. The website isn't as simple as others, but is just another reason the Gap brand stands out in today's society. From the outlet stores to the child-specific Gap Kids store, to the online market, GAP can be found in nearly 90 countries, and provides outstanding customer service.

3.9

Suzanna Wootton

December 18th, 2017 Springville, UT DETAILS

Really cute clothes and great quality!

Hannah

December 13th, 2017 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love BabyGap clothes. They are darling and nice quality. Some of my favorite pieces from my son's first year are BabyGap! I always recommend them to my friends who want a step up in quality from Carter's (who I still love).

Becky Stiggins

December 8th, 2017 Provo, UT DETAILS

Gap runs great sales. Full price items are a little high, but they are great about running sales.

Tiffany

October 30th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

The Gap has gone completely downhill in the last several years. Every time I go in there, I can't find anything I would ever wear. I used to shop at Kids Gap all the time and now the styles are out of date or not the type of style I used to expect from this store. The return policy is HORRIBLE. I bought a pair of jeans for my husband, returned them and they had to MAIL me a check that can only be used IN STORE (not online) even though I paid with a credit card. This is a horrible policy. I have been back in the store several times to try to find something I can buy and I can't even find anything. I will not shop here again.

Aubrey Rentschler

June 11th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Their clothes are fashionable and good quality. Their children's clothes are especially cute.

Kenneth Okerlund

June 8th, 2017

The website takes a while to load and is a little difficult to navigate. In store experiences are much better.

Robert Flores

June 8th, 2017 Neenah, WI

The clothes at GAP are always so in style! I am always able to dress trendy when I shop here. I love seasonal items and the wide variety of clothing types. There is something st GAP for everyone!

Chelsea Stewart

May 31st, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I love Baby and Children's GAP. The clothing is the best quality I have had for baby/children's clothing. However, the prices are a little high to really purchase for a regular everyday clothing for little ones. I wish they ran more sales and made the clothing more affordable, because I truly love their clothing!

Sav Flo

May 26th, 2017

As a little girl I was always in Gap clothes because my mom worked for one of their store and so I have seen many styles come and go. Throughout the years I have seen a decline in the quality of the clothing. Now I would rather shop else where knowing that my clothes will last longer than that of Gap.