T-Mobile Logo

5.9

LAST UPDATED: January 21st, 2022

Our 500+ verified T-Mobile reviews give T-Mobile an average 3.5/5 stars, placing it among the top cell phone carriers. T-Mobile ranks well for all of our consumer sentiment criteria:

• Value for your money
  • Quality of product or service
  • Customer service
  • Company trustworthiness

T-Mobile is unique in that it will match a customer's corporate, affiliate, or military discount up to $15 for single lines and $30 total for two or more lines.

A bit about the company's background:

T-Mobile, founded in 1991 and located in Bellevue, WA, is the United States-based operating arm of T-Mobile International AG, providing wireless voice & messaging services and data services. The cell carrier operates some of the largest wireless networks in the U.S., reaching 99 percent of Americans according to the company. It has a market of over 45 million customers and over $20 billion in revenue every year.

A new merger between T-Mobile and Sprint is in the works with the introduction of 5G connectivity.

T-Mobile is known for its signature comprehensive cell phone plan, Magenta, which includes bells and whistles like unlimited coverage in Mexico and Canada, Netflix at no charge, and unlimited video streaming at 480p resolution.

AT&T Logo
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.7

The Good

• Quality of Services and Plans
  • New Phone Promotions
  • Phone Financing Options
  • Good Overall Customer Service
  • Affordability and Special Pricing
  • International Network Coverage

Quality of Services and Plans

T-Mobile has three straightforward unlimited cell phone plans:

1. Premium unlimited plan Magenta Plus

2. Signature unlimited plan Magenta

3. Basic unlimited plan Essentials

Magenta Plus includes maximum perks and benefits:

• Unlimited talk, text, and smartphone data
  • Free Netflix with 2-screen access
  • Taxes and fees included in advertised pricing
  • 2x data speeds and texting in 210+ countries and international regions
  • In-flight texting and unlimited in-flight Wi-Fi use
  • Unlimited HD streaming at DVD quality (480p)
  • Unlimited talk and text and some data in Canada and Mexico (up to 5 GB of 4G LTE data)
  • Mobile hotspot data
  • Name ID
  • Voicemail to text

In addition to the contract plans above, T-Mobile offers prepaid plans with data, calls, and texting to suit each client's needs. Magenta benefits are available as a prepaid plan for domestic only or for domestic and international.

All data plans include some degree of mobile hotspot data up to 20GB with the Magenta Plus plan. T-Mobile's smartphone mobile hotspot, also known as Wi-Fi sharing or tethering, allows you to share your smartphone or tablet's internet connection with another Wi-Fi-enabled device using T-Mobile's network.

New Phone Promotions

T-Mobile frequently runs promotions for new device purchases - generally the newest iPhone and Android OS models - as an incentive to purchase a plan. AutoPay and trade-ins are generally required to qualify for the iPhone and Android phone promotions.

With T-Mobile, you have access to the latest and greatest in phone tech. T-Mobile's inventory includes the latest phone models like the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus with 4K video capture, a dual 12MP + 12MP + 12MP rear camera, wireless charging, and "all-day intelligent" battery life or the Samsung Galaxy Note9 with super AMOLED display, expandable memory up to 1TB, and biometric unlock.

To use your current phone (if compatible) you can purchase a SIM card to set your phone up in T-Mobile's network.

Phone Financing Options

The customer can either pay for their services in advance or they can pay as they go. This makes the credit check nightmare of a contract plan obsolete.

There are some credit-based possibilities for covering the price of a new phone, however. If a customer cannot afford one of the more expensive phones up front but can pass a credit check, they can pay for the phone in payments over time. If a customer, under this agreement, decides that they no longer want service through T-Mobile, they are responsible for the remaining balance on the phone.

Good Overall Customer Service

Our verified consumer reviews below are generally positive regarding T-Mobile's attentiveness to customers. From a different third-party review perspective based on customer satisfaction surveys for the past several years, T-Mobile has been recognized as the best customer service provider within the cell phone industry by JD Power and Associates. The company is also recognized for its outstanding care in the customer care category.

Affordability and Special Pricing

T-Mobile is known for its overall affordability. The phone plans available offer data plans comparable in price to that of other providers without requiring long contracts, though auto-pay is required to obtain the best deals.

Customers are never charged overage fees because they simply cannot use their data after they have reached their monthly quota. With most no-contract carriers, there aren't unlimited data pricing paradigms in their data plans, but T-Mobile is the exception. In addition, the unlimited data plan from T-Mobile is significantly cheaper than the 100 GB plans offered through competitors.

In addition, T-Mobile offers special pricing for customers 55+ which can be applied to two phone lines in a plan and includes all of the benefits of T-Mobile ONE. Active and retired military members and their families also qualify for special pricing.

International Network Coverage

T-Mobile also has extensive international service in over 210 countries and international regions. In fact, it is one of the few wireless providers that includes international data and texting at no additional cost, which is far above many of the other contract providers in the industry.

Customers can access their account easily, speak with an online customer care representative, or use their text messaging to monitor their monthly services for international texting as well as other stats.

The Bad

• Cost
  • Limited Device Options
  • Equipment Installment Program
  • Tablet Limitations

Cost

While T-Mobile provides high LTE speeds, Wi-fi hotspot options, and entertainment perks that are unavailable through other mobile phone carriers, its plans are more expensive than that of several competitors. In this case, it's true that you get what you pay for.

Limited Device Options

The company carries the most popular device brands, including certified used phones, but doesn't sell everything: T-Mobile does not offer BlackBerry phones and or Windows phone models.

Equipment Installment Program

Something to point out is the policy regarding the Equipment Installment Program. If a customer chooses to discontinue their service with T-Mobile, they are responsible for the remaining cost of the phone if it was purchased under an Equipment Installment Program. In some ways, this is a tactic to keep customers on T-Mobile's service without forcing a contract.

Tablet Limitations

With T-Mobile, customers can only use tablets with data capability that can be converted into a hot spot. These max out at 11 GB of data per month and do not suit the needs of customers who frequently use a tablet as a hot spot for a laptop computer or other device.

The Bottom Line

T-Mobile is a strong carrier for those hoping to avoid long-term contracts or hidden fees. Though not perfect, the majority of T-Mobile customer reviews reflect positive user experiences and the company is known for its low prices, no overage fees, and other controls in place that keeps the cost competitive for the customer. Prospective customers can expect the following with T-Mobile:

• Different plan options to cater to different preferences
  • Unlimited texting, talk, and data
  • No long-term contracts
  • Portable Wi-Fi
  • International texting included
  • iPhone and Android phone promotions
  • Financing available and overall affordability
  • Discounts for seniors and military personnel
  • Netflix subscription

T-Mobile is rightly among our top-ranked cell phone providers. Read customer reviews below to learn more.

View Best Cell Phone Providers

3.5

JJZ Palm Bay, FL

I switched from ATT to T-Mobile a year ago. My cell phone service has dramatically improved. I no longer have the quiet pauses or dropped calls. I have the senior plan and have had no issues with billing. When I have questions about how to use my phone I stop into the local store and they are always extremely helpful. I stopped in yesterday because I bought a new iPhone elsewhere and my contacts dropped from my car. Eric came out to my car and completed the task quickly. He also pointed out a couple of features on my phone. The location on Palm Bay Rd in Palm Bay is outstanding! The last time I went into the ATT store in Melbourne the rep didn’t even look up from the device he was using. So, yes I am very happy with T-Mobile!

Nam Denver, CO

I've been with T-Mobile for more than 10 years and let me tell you, T-Mobile takes really good care of their long-time clients. I have the Magenta plan for 4 people in my family and the cost each month is below $200. I use their app, which is very convenient, to view and change my plans if needed on the fly. Customer service number is 24/7 and the representatives are always kind. I'm not too concerned about having service when I go to the mountains or somewhere remote because I don't expect to have service. I know that for some people that can be a deal breaker. Last time I heard though, they are leaders in implementing 5G. I also have their insurance plan for a phone that they don't make anymore, which I highly recommend. For $12 extra a month, I can go out into the world and feel safe that my device is covered. I feel proud to be customer of a company that is growing so fast, especially with their acquisition of Sprint. Cheers to many more years!

Yu Zheng

Completely agree. I have been joined Tmo since Jan. 2015, they were giving out free line for life at the time, I paid 150/mo for 4 lines grandfathered unlimited plan. It has been a dream for a good while, all CS calls were smooth, problem resolved within 24 hours. Suddenly when they turn the steering wheel and moved all CS center out of the country, my nightmare started. Random charges pops out, credited lines no longer receives credits, CS were completely ignorant, messed up even more after EVERY CS call, they even closed my account after I asked to "change" plan, after resuming services, all owed balance is due and impossible to resume credits. I am currently suing TMO for hurting my credit score.

Leon Taylor Beaverton, OR

We signed up for T Mobile in September 2021 and have been happy with the service, pricing, and coverage since then, but the billing has been an absolute nightmare. It is now January 2022 and the monthly billing is still not correct. I'm on the phone with them right now about the January bill. This is the seventh or eighth time, I think, but it could be more. I've called so many times I've lost track. We were supposed to get two free phones as part of the promotion available when we signed up. They have consistently charged us for one of the two phones each month as well as other random charges that varied month to month. At this point I have a hard time recommending T-Mobile due to these billing problems.

Mandi Colorado Springs, CO

I LOVE T-Mobile for my phone carrier. I have used other big-name providers before but I have never been as satisfied as I am with my T-Mobile. Their military discount is literally the BEST compared to all other options as they give you an actual 50% off of your bill. Not just your plan, your entire bill. On top of the massive savings, the coverage area is huge and because the company is international, you can travel to certain countries and not have to pay extra international charges which is also super awesome!

Julie H. San Diego, CA

I was debating switching from Verizon to T-Mobile and was weighing the Black Friday deals. Rudy, a chat representative, was THE MOST HELPFUL PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD AND HE DESERVES A RAISE. He was such a supportive and informative salesperson. Ultimately, I decided to stay with Verizon because they had a deal on exactly what I was looking to purchase. But, if they hadn't offered exactly what I needed... I would have switched to T-Mobile without hesitation. I must have spent an hour debating which to go with and Rudy stayed by my side answering any question I had. He's the best of the best and I hope everyone switches to T-Mobile.

David Christiansen Salt Lake City, UT

I have been with t mobile for over a decade. I like unlimited text and data that comes with my plan (not certain if that is still available as I have a grandfathered plan). One thing I do not like is something that I have seen others having. That is the allowing of text messages that come in from an email. A few days ago, I spent a bunch of time with customer support and they are unable to help in a reasonable way I can block all media in text messages (which the text from email is treated that way), but then I would be blocking photos being sent to me from friends. I can change my number - which is linked to a lot of other places - alerts from bank, password recovery, friends, and work. So I am now leaving this on and on occasion getting woke up in the middle of the night by spammers.

Chad Heacock Myrtle Beach, SC

17 years with Sprint and not many problems. T Mobile takes over and it has been a nightmare since. I left in Dec and asked to pay final bill. They gave me an amount which I paid and said I owed nothing. A month later they take money out of my account without my permission for twice as much as what I was told to pay for final bill. Refused to refund my money and I am currently disputing with BBB. Any good review about this company is fraud because everything I have seen has been horrible and I bet they paid people to write good ones. Take your money anywhere else!!! And no they are not Amazing

16 hours ago

Anoushka Ahuja Orlando, FL

T mobile had a great deal that compelled us to switch and they by far have the best coverage and good deal for the money

Pablo Fernández Los Angeles, CA

This phone company is the worst so by far. When I bought a new phone and I got it delivered home the representative disconnected my phone line because a mistake she did and didn’t even try to fix it. I had to call back many times and spend a lot of hours on the phone using my wife’s phone in order to fix this issue. No apologies were given. I ha have so many internet problems with them, the only way to fix them (according to t mobile) was paying even more money to them (I guess if you have a better 5G you have to pay extra because of their horrible signal everywhere). I upgraded my wife’s phone and I need to trade it in recently but t mobile made my life impossible to do it. They gave me wrong information of how to trade it in. When I complain I was just told that I can cancel anytime. Stay away from this company.

Shannon Paterson WA

My mother-in-law got a new phone in November. The agent set her phone and monthly installments onto my account by accident. Figured out he put it on the wrong account, and switched it back to the right one... Except he forgot to move her monthly installments. He moved my husband's lease instead. Fast forward 4 weeks, 12 hours and a cancelled account- and guess who TMobile is still trying to make pay for their error? Yup, that would be me. I had the pleasure of a supervisor say "well, we know it's our mistake but we're only charging you a small amount each month". Seriously? So we cancel my account, pay off the two leases that actually belong on my account and find out that they're still going to try and make me pay for her instalment plan even though it was their fault. I filed a BBB and CFPB complaint against them today. I never signed an agreement to have it on my account in the first place. Stay far far far away from these folks. AT&T 5G is way better and I don't have any phone or billing issues for that matter

Tim O'Connor Tucson, AZ

I left T-Mobile for the fact they were trying to bill me for my watch after I paid it off three different times. They told me I had 90days to pay off the final bill; it hasn’t been 30 days and the sent it too Collections. I paid it off but what I was paying I wasn’t getting that great of coverage. Every time I went off of WiFi I couldn’t Connect to the internet, had to restart the phone. They have picked up so real bad habits from sprint. I went to AT&T and I’m playing less and I get HBOMax for free. Shadiest part is I loved T-Mobile and now I wouldn’t use them if they was the last cell carrier on the planet.

june Chaplin Palm Bay, FL

I have a fairly complex problem with the primary phone on a two person account being destroyed and the owner being unable to speak. For months no one at the company could solve. Of course I always had to spend loooooooong times waiting for a someone who did not know what to do. Then someone one came up with a possible solution, but gave me an incorrect email to submit material to. More loooooong waits on the phone. Finally someone who understood the issue and gave correct address. Then I had hope -- email came from a human being! But alas, it did not address the issue. Some more emails, which seemed to move things forward a bit but ultimately did not solve the issue. This has been going on for months. Bills of course come regular as clockwork and I would be cut off if I do not pay up. I need some access to the the destroyed phone or I would have gone to another provider half a year ago.

Tania nigh Port Richey, FL

I would give zero star if I could, customer service is terrible, the person named Gisete at the store very deceived, offer a plan and a lot of talk , but what I got what something very different, every month my bill was 20 to 40 dollars more, the manager at the store didn't (Jonathan) didn't want to hear my side or my story, very rude, everything that was said to me when I sign up was not true. They offer free phone and I was paying for the phone. very traumatic experience with this store and with the customer service. I am so glad that we have many other options of providers, for sure never ever I will go back to this company.

T Dawg San Francisco, CA

T mobile has some good things going for it, however it really needs to get its affairs together. The reception around town in Sacramento, the CAPITOL mind you, is horrible. Everything else about the company does not matter if they CANNOT provide the very basic, critical resource that is the ENTIRE POINT OF OWNING A SMART PHONE IN 2022. Seriously, this is passed the point of being ridiculous. I have a 12 pro max and shouldn’t have such spotty reception and dead zones around one of the most densely populated cities in this entire state. I use my network for school, work, and everyday life. This shouldn’t be an issue, especially for what we pay!! Verizon is more expensive, yes, but they have quality service without fail. I’m giving T-Mobile a little longer to get this figured out, and if it is not improved DRASTICALLY, then I’m switching back. I’ll gladly pay 24% more for a service that actually WORKS on the basic level. 💯

Annie Friend Charlotte, NC

I purchased and switched 3 phones to T mobile during a November, 2021 promotion. The staff had difficulty understanding the promotion, the manager while nice was uninformed, we have been billed incorrectly every month since purchase and have spent a total of 9 hours in the store attempting to get our service and billing straightened out. Prior to this we used Verizon with no problems. I continue to try to reach the billing department (a minimum of one hour holds each time) and get our account straightened out. Would never recommend them, but at this point we are locked in with a phone promotion. Be aware nothing is resolved immediately each time they state it takes 60-90 days.

L CH San Diego, CA

I am soo grateful forthe help I received from Hugo at Tmobile plaza bonita. Thanks to his amazing help I was able to locate my phone and recover it! I thought my phone was gone for sure. He help me back up & lock my phone (just in case ). Afterwxards he helped me set up my phone with more storage and showedme how to understand some features I didn't know how to use. He provided excellent customer service!

Bryan Withers Salisbury, NC

If i could rate lower i would. Going into two stores to migrate over from sprint. This is a nightmare. I felt scammed. I felt like T-mobile has untrained individuals in the Concord and the Salisbury stores. It sucks that they purchased Sprint. If you are migrating please double check before doing anything.

1 day ago

Tim Riley Coppell, TX

To have started out so small they absolutely own the cell phone industry with both reliability and service.

royce Young Auburn, WA

I give them a low review when it comes to trade in value of last years model traded for this year. I got only $240 credit on a newly repaired by them samsung S20+5G. You'd think they would do better fir a 17 yr. Customer....traded it in on Iphone 13 pro max.

Susan Phoenix, AZ

Horrible situation! My bank account is overdrafted huge thks to a 400.00 charge for a modem that failed. I got covid and damaged unit was mailed late. I reached out to tmobile who refused to refund until they received the unit AND inspect it!! So I'm screwed out of huge amount of money. I'm going to get bank charges, bill won't be paid and other bills will get returned. Great job Tmobile!!

Sharon Maldonado-soto Bellevue, NE

At least 3-4x a week I will try to make a call only to have my phone say" you are not registered on this network", not receiving calls but receiving voicemail from people on my contact list. Phone just stops working, very spotty service. Boost mobile has way better service at 1/2 the cost. I won't be renewing my service with t-mobile

John Pawlewicz Chicago, IL

The transition from Sprint to T-Mobile has been the biggest waste of time and money in my entire life. I get a different answer from everyone I talk to either in the store or over the phone. Would strongly suggest transferring out of Sprint to Verizon or AT&T instead. That process is much easier. For some reason they hold your account and phone numbers hostage on the Sprint side.

Fasil Tsegaye Somerville, MA

I signed up for one of their plans called magenta plus for a family of four. Paid over $1,800 down payment for four phones. The package arrived and I called customer service to help me activate the phones on my existing line. First call was a 2 hour wait and hung up; second call was 45 minutes and had to drop the call again, third call I asked for a supervisor. Someone by the name Jasmin took took my number and asked me to wait online she’ll make sure I get this taken care of right away. After 2 hours of wait I gave up. All in all I’ve lost over 6 hours on the line and still do not have the phone lines activated. I cannot even find someone to return back the phones. What a disaster T-Mobile has come to?!?!?!

Terri Smith Charlotte, NC

Ordered phone online could not understand the salesman sounded like he was working in living room with kids and others in background. Phone didn’t work much roaming at work no signal most of the time. Missed calls and texted because phone would not ring . Took to store two times for same problem. Didn’t help. Went with different carrier so needed to return phone letter has take to nearest t mobile store well they aren’t set up to help they say take to a corporate store an hour away from where I live. They can’t help surprise surprise!!! They say call 800 number they will send label. Yeah ok right!!! After 3 times calling asking for label to return before they took out of my account 200 for phone. Finally got label sent phone they took the money out of my account. So now today 4th time asking for my money back with proof they receive phone December 15 still getting the run around. Don’t use t mob

Madeline Graham Pacific Palisades, CA

My entire neighborhood, 90049 zip, has been without service, zero bars, for 4 (FOUR) days now. Thousands of us! Our calls, chats and emails lead nowhere. They try to upgrade our phone, say it is or is not a down tower, will call back and don't, I should call them (with a phone that doesn't work!) Their "experts" act as if each of us has our own individual problem when it's obviously THEIR big problem. Expert insisted it was my phone settings and fixed them so now can't even use wireless. Zero communication of what the problem is or when it will be fixed. Untold hours of frustrating wait times (literally 2 hrs) and being passed around from one useless person to the next. We have no other cell options in our canyon so they know we can't leave them.

s peter Brockport, NY

Signal is supposed to be one of the best coverage? Yeah right. Salesman looked up my address said there was a tower close to us. I'm home most of the time and I kept losing signal, had to airplane mode and out a couple times a day. The "free" they set us up with Nokia x100 was crap. Text didn't come on phone until you opened messages. My husband at work couldn't get a signal while in the building. He went to the store 2 times the first week we got the service. He was told it was because of a wind storm. So we waited a two weeks and still no signal. We tried to verify my husband's military service and their servers weren't working to accept our emails. We went into the store to tell them about our problems with our service and the salesman said it must be our phones. So we asked him take them back. He said he couldn't and the manager wasn't there to talk to but he said he probably wouldn't either. So we left and went straight over to Verizon and signed up and got new phones. Best decision yet!

Susan Lugai Clarendon Hills, IL

Yesterday ,i called the branch on 83rd Elmhurst, stressed over an apparent lock out I caused driving my car home. The man at the counter never said hello just what s the need. I showed him my contract from Broadview that I paid for the google to be open, with that Manager, I said I could not speak to him, the store was closed. He took the phone brushed threw the pone touched the counter computer, then not once did he explain to me what he did. just said its done. I left in a nervous state as I told him I need the phone to clock in at a job I have there in Elmhurst I'm going after here. I get to work then at home discover he never gave me back my contract for Taxes, never waved me down in the parking lot. Just now 12/1/22 I called the store a man answer's what's the problem, voices he does not know anything, they throw away paper not theirs or shred it. I said you couldn't wave me down in the lot, or call the Manager in Broad view? H e became mad at me, and said go to the Dealer ask him to help you then hung up the phone. My nameBridget L contract under Paul L. These papers are Tax needs.

BACKYARD STORE Seattle, WA

DO NOT USE THIS CO. THEY ARE AN ABSOLUTE JOKE! BUSINESS OWNER WITH THEM 3 MONTHS AND NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS COSTING ME THOUSANDS IN LOST $!!! FIRST TRIED TO CHARGE 2 MONTHS FOR 2ND LINE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE EVEN AFTER STOPPING IN STORE 2X AND CALLED 3X AND SUPPOSEDLY FIXED EACH TIME! THEN SET UP AUTO PAY AND CHARGED 2 WEEKS EARLY WITHOUT NOTICE WHICH IS ILLEGAL! DROPPED AUTO PAY 2 MONTHS AND NOW THEY SHUT ME OFF BECAUSE THEY SWITCHED MY DUE DATE TO 10 DAYS PRIOR TO WHAT IT HAS BEEN AND NO REASON IT SHOULDVE BEEN SWITCHED!!! MY BILL EVEN SAYS IM NOT DUE FOR 10 DAYS! [email protected]#$%$# JOKE OF A CO. AND NO ENGLISH SPEAKING REPS ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE IN INDIA WITH HEAVY ACCENTS THAT SPEAK 90 MILES AN HOUR AND CAN'T UNDERSTAND A THING THEY SAY!

shamekia desaussure Moncks Corner, SC

T-mobile is the worst! I've had Sprint for years no problem when T-mobile took over nothing but problems. My phone drops calls all the time. When I call I was told because I have to many trees in my area and I needed to upgrade my phone. That's BS because my phone is only two years old and l've lived in the same place for eight years without any problems until you'll took over. I've been on the phone with them for hours on numerous occasions about this and still NOTHING but they make sure to debit my account each month to get their money for services I can't use! At&t will be getting my business. I sick of T-mobile

Mitesh Sarvaiya Queens, NY

Complete Scam!!! I switched from ATT to T-Mobile and I was provided with a quotes from some guy named Mr K from Phillipines. I even have video recording. They said, they do not send email with the quotes, but assured all will be taken care off. Once I joined, I am getting standard rates, high device cost. Billing says that quote is not valid. Tried reaching to Mr K but he is not contacting back. Stay away from sales quotes, unless you get in writing from T-mobile ! Promotion Zero cost for switch Carrier fee for porting in phone Iphone 12 mini (with the credit for porting in phone) 99$ for Samsung Galaxy

Patrick Readdy

Awful company!!!! I was a sprint costumer for for many years, no problems. Within two week weeks i was lied to by t-moble associates 4 times. Double billed me and won’t return fees. I was told Sprint was merging with tmoble and i had to switch. Witch cost me. Told me it would be cheaper for same service, wasn’t. Free earbuds that was a lie too. Then contacted t- mobile directly. Costumer service lady was very nice and did try to fix my concerns and agreed with them but a day later she left a message saying that Sorry the company denied any requests. Please save yourself and go to another carrier, they only care about themselves. Liars!!!! I will taking a ride over to verizon to see what the dan do for me? Nothing can be worse than this company!!!!

Mildred Pierce Van Nuys, CA

I may be too soon in this review but I just switched from Sprint to T Mobile 2 days ago and I have not been able to make any phone calls or text from my phone. We have two phones and my daughter has no problem with hers. I'm the main account holder but I haven't able to talk or text for two days. When I go to T Mobile's site, they want an ID. I can't get an ID because they will send a code to the number that can't receive texts. There's no option to send the code to my email address. I was under the impression that I had to switch to T Mobile when I upgraded our phones and realize now that I didn't have to switch. I know I would have to eventually but I didn't have to do it now. If they rectify the problem, I will revise this review.

Blake Dwyer Port Saint Lucie, FL

3 stars because the people in the store near me resolved an issue in 40 minutes vs 2 days with online people. If not for them then 1 star since I had to pay extra for someones mishalf. Yes , I got credit for the extra money I had to spend after, but when im told Ill recieve a phone with block and sim, and just get the phone, yeah Im not a happy camper. I bought an 800 dollar phone I cant charge

David Riddle Jacksonville, FL

Not happy with T-Mobile right now. We were with Sprint for years and hardly had any problems. We even had our home phone disconnected because we could always depend on the service. T-Mobile is up and down at our home all the time. There are some days that things are fine but that is far and few between. We always get told that towers are being worked on. Well - how long will this go on? We have had to reconnect our home phone after several years of being without. It's bad that we can't depend on our cell phone. We have always paid our bill and I think that we should have better service.

Jamey Barnstead, NH

I was a T-Mobile customer for 17 years and despite the service being spotty in my area I was happy to stay with them because of their awesome customer service. I ended up switching to my husband's Verizon account to save money, and when I closed my account I verified with the sales person that the only thing I had left to pay was that months bill and the balance on my phone. I paid both immediately and thought that was the end of it, but now two months later I checked my bank account and there were almost $400 of additional charges from T-Mobile that I was not informed of and did not authorize. Customer service said the bulk of it was because I failed to return a 3+ year old piece of equipment that I completely forgot I had and thought was already paid for, but it would have been nice if they had told me that when I was in the store paying off my phone instead of helping themselves to my bank account right before the holidays. Your equipment is in the mail, T-Mobile. I hope my refund is too.

brett connolly Palm City, FL

Honestly, T-Mobile has been a great service ever since I switched over to them from Sprint but their "360 Protection" plan is an absolute scam and complete waste of money. I was paying $13 a month for a year a half after after I broke my previous phone and figured why not get insurance so the process is simpler and I can avoid having to pay full price again for a new phone. My current phone finally breaks and I find out that my $350 phone (now not even worth $120 brand new) won't be replaced without paying a $100 deductible. I could understand $100 maybe if I had a flagship phone but this was just insane considering I found my phone refurbished and like new selling online for around the same price. Long story short, do NOT get the phone insurance unless maybe you have a really expensive phone, and even still, I can see them still charging a ridiculous deductible that almost negates having the insurance to begin with. I mean, even with my middle range phone the deductible was more than it cost to just get another phone online. So yeah, do the math, $13 x 18 months = $234 that could have bought me the brand new version of my current phone where T-Mobile is simply giving me a pre-owned refurbished phone and STILL charging me $100 for the replacement, so really, it's costing me $324 to get a crumby replacement when I could easily buy an even better phone than my current one, brand new. So yeah, I give T-Mobile 3 stars because I love everything else about them but their insurance is just an awful scam. Too many hoops to jump through and then they'll still charge you through the nose just to get an even worse version (refurbished) of your current phone. Assurant is the company they use for their phone insurance. I know my rage should be focused solely on Assurant, but T-Mobile did decide to use them, so they still get a lot of the blame.

Verenice Espinoza Chicago, IL

I dropped my phone and the screen shattered also leaving my screen unresponsive to the touch. I took a visit to T-mobile on 47th and Pulaski. Jailene has always had exceptional service skills while working fast and efficiently. I was out of t mobile with my upgraded iPhone 13 and some accessories in an hour. Hands down always the best place to come and if you’re looking for someone to guide you in your cell phone services- ask Jailene.

Michael Hughes Kansas City, MO

Ever since the merged with Sprint they are a terrible company. Bad phone service and customer service. I’ve been with T-Mobile 5 years and they used to be the best now they ranked worst

WastedTalent Binghamton, NY

I switched to Sprint after nearly 30 years with Verizon a couple of years ago. Sprint is now T-Mobile. The cell service has been good in the rural area I currently live where I had no service whatsoever from Verizon. They have been great with replacing a LG V50 after the charging port was acting up. They upgraded the phone with a brand new Galaxy S20 with no charge to me (the V50 was already paid off).

Jose Conrado Frisco, TX

T Mobile is the worse company I have ever dealt with. We have c4 lines and have been trying to Migrate our Service from Sprint for 4 months and I cannot believe the runaround and the amount of time wasted. 5 trips to their store and still no solution. FRANKLY---------- TMOBILE SUCKS!!!!!!

Kennedy McGill Bothell, WA

Thanks T-Mobile (Bellevue) for the courtesy and professionalism you showed my 77 yr old mom today, for switching carriers was made simple by you. Thank you!

John Rathbun Stockbridge, GA

I call to switch my carrier from att. Paid $120 for the Sim cards. After putting one in my phone, I had to call t moble from my att phone to see why I didn't have service. A tech looked in to it and informed me that there was no service in my area and that there was no plan to bring to my area. And that I would be reimbursed my $120. It's been 30 days. So I called them back and was told I would not get it back and to try and have my bank mare it as fraud to get my money back. Are you kidding me.

ayanbiyi Ayansola Upland, CA

I can't recommend T-Mobile because they are scammers,they sold a refurbished Google 3a for me which I paid off in full, At first within a year the phone broke and they replaced it then after another year the second phone broke again and T-Mobile said they can't replace it because my warranty expired so how can a phone I paid off not work after a year now I lost money and phone am left with nothing and they don't care what a cruel phone company and the customer service was so rude he was yelling at me while complaining.

kchap El Paso, TX

T-mobile customer service have shady sells tactics. Why is it for some reason every time I see an initial bill after upgrading or changing something there always seems to be charges for something I didn't ask for or explained. Example, I ensured I said no insurance coverage because it was $36 per month for 2 devices. Buy new phone by saving that much per month, if I do break/loose it. Somehow, it found its way to my bill.

Nancy Wilson Loveland, OH

Run away!!!! Bait and switch…. Told me my bill would be $195 when I switched from Sprint after 23 years. 4 days later I received a $248 bill that didn’t even include my new phone. Spent 3 hours on chat to be told to go to the store. The same sales person told me she’d fix it and call Me back today… crickets… called customer care just now and had to lower my plan by 2 levels to get it to $195 and lost several features I was counting on…. LIARS!!!!

darren Westminster, CO

Too frustrating to go over again, but rather go without a phone then to give this company a single penny of my money. Do yourself a favor and look deeper into the reviews. It’s amazing how they still have any customers. This is the third time I’ve revised this review. I’m reviewing customer service that T-Mobile offers. Customer service is very poor and I would never recommend this company.

J. Yonkers, NY

Awful company - I would give them minus 5 stars if I could. We are switching to another provider and T Mobile will not unlock our fully paid for mobile phone even though they are required to do so under law. We have spent literally hours on the phone with them and thy give us the polite runaround. First thing tomorrow morning we are filing a complaint with the FTC, Consumer Affairs, and the NY State Attorney General's Office

Sally Gaines Miami, FL

Horrible! I spent 4 days hours each day getting accts set up and corrected. Was told I’d be refunded for my phones. After submitting what I was told I needed it was rejected and now they want something else. It’s one line of crap after another. I was told no up front cost just $105 a month then when setting up I was charged a $90 set up fee for 3 phones. It was a surprise I should have walked away then. The surprises just keep coming. Run fast!!

Zac Papadakis Baltimore, MD

T-Mobile pulled a bait and switch on us when we went on Saturday December 11th to order a iPhone 12 for Christmas for our 11 year old Daughter. This is her only gift for Christmas. They show you an availability of 20 phones you place the order and then they are supposed to ship within a week. The reality is they don’t know how much availability of the phone there is they just show you that. Then when you call customer service for five days in a row they give you the same answer it’s ready to ship. Reality is it’s not ready to ship. They just try to appease a piece a piece and then finally apologize when it doesn’t show up on time. I understand with the holidays that shipping can be delayed a few days but it is now Tuesday the 21st and the product still hasn’t shipped. When you call customer service all they tell you is ready to ship. Do not lie to your customers and tell them that a product is ready to ship when you don’t know that the product has shipped. You are a multi million dollar company and you should be able to tell your customers when the product is ready to ship from the manufacture and actually shipping. Not tell us it’s available and try to push us off. Thank you for wrecking Christmas T-Mobile.