T-Mobile Logo

5.5

GW

Terrible. They get you to buy insurance and then when you crack the screen they will only give you $100 off on buying a new phone. What was the point of the insurance? Also, the people in the store don't seem to know what they are doing. Probably going to go over to Verizon.

sam getz Columbus, OH

absolutely horrible. service quality to customers is bottom of the barrel. they stand behind none of the products they provide. they sell a service that does not fit the definition of service. can not rate them since the rating system only uses stars, totally inappropriate. stupid on my part

Daniel Kress

I don't like how T-Mobile will charge $20 per line for a reconnection fee when they don't have to do anything to reconnect, it's done with computer programs. The ones that get charged this fee are the ones that can afford it the least.

Joe Clarksville, TN

It has been the worst service i’ve ever had. That’s about all I have to say. Don’t be fooled by their false advertisement. 5G doesn’t work most of the time and we have no service at our home. We’re switching back to our previous service.

Diana Wright Provo, UT

I have been with Sprint for the past 15 years I’ve been able to get service most anywhere I go since this merger I have lost service in some of my most favorite areas and nobody absolutely nobody at T-Mobile can tell me why were there unwilling to fix it it just sucks that I have this nice expensive phone and I cannot use it everywhere like he used to I tried to tell the store and customer service that I used to have service and now I don’t and they act like they don’t believe me that I used to have service there because they say there’s no service up there

Brian St. Petersburg, FL

Terrible customer service for the business side. The people migrating people over from Sprint have absolutely no Idea how to do there jobs. 25 hours of my time and 4 months still not done! Still in a semi workable Limbo with no end in sight. So many promises broken. I was just told that our 18 line account wasn't big enough for a manager to help with!

C Griff Troy, MI

Tmobile is a joke. They had to give me a credit twice for their towers being completely down, so they raised my bill that month for "government and taxes fees." I didn't end up getting any credits bc of the random bill hike. We got a home internet device from them, returned it, they said they never got it. We have called them 7 times and showed them the ups tracking shows we sent it back, they have opened multiple investigation reports and have never figured it out. They think owe them $200 for a device, but the truth is they owe me $75.

Tim Fisher Strongsville, OH

I have spent over 4 hours trying to get my number ported over and complete the reimbursement rebate. It has been one of the worst display of customer service I have ever encountered. I am now on hold waiting for a manager to pick up the phone. If you are considering going with T-Mobile-DON'T. Don't believe the hype they are spewing about their service...it sucks. I am now on my 5th customer service person and have yet to come across one that can help. I am going back to Verizon!!!

Krishna Shrestha Killeen, TX

BLUF: don’t choose T-mobile. It’s a hassle not help for service you would like to have. There’s far better companies than it. Worst customer service. Privacy protection = zero. My phone number was Outported without any notice and authorization. I spent a weeks talking to t mobile customer services staffs(not helpful) wasting my time and energy. They got my number back but not completely. Now I am dealing with different number for text messages. Network connection okay

SgtGMT New York, NY

Sprint customer that is now with T-Mobile. Since T-Mobile took over our reception is horrible. Went to port over to T-Mobile but there are zero promotions for Sprint customers. It’s as if they don’t want Sprint customers. T-Mobile customers have many offers. I for one will not accept this so I am switching to Verizon. I recommend all Sprint customers do the same. Maybe when enough of us leave they will wake up.

Susan Hoover Lancaster, PA

My husband called to get new service for seniors with T-Mobile, I wanted to go to the store to order service but no he's very impatient so we ordered over the phone and and got screwed! Lady sent us to Wi-Fi's we didn't want at a hundred bucks a month and we went to send it back and they won't give us a PIN number or whatever they need so we're having a horrible time we spent hours and hours trying to get this resolved we are retired and cannot afford this! I'm about ready to call lawyer

RAY MILLER Northfield, OH

I have been with the T-mobile for over 5 years. They only offer a new phone if I add a new line or if I'm a new customer. I talked too 2 different managers and they promise to call back, they never do. Every time I call back it takes over an hour to get through. The last representative just keeps repeating their promotions. They then pass me to a manager and the whole process repeats. So I went to Verizon and received 3 free phones for switching from T-mobile,

Stephanie Carlson Chicago, IL

Ive worked with all carriers of cell phones through Samsung for 8 years. To migrate my sprint phone number to another tmobile account has been the worst possible process I've ever seen. They made me pay half of the bill for the next month. Even though we just paid a week ago. They keep giving me a new hoop to jump through when I've been trying to do this for two weeks. No one knows what theyre doing here.

Michael D'Alfonso Santa Fe, NM

I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico and the service here is inferior at best. Their customer service was great at first and very diligent about getting my service to work better and kept recommending different phones to try over the course of 6 months. When it was finally obvious that it was not the phone(after trying 4 different phones) but the carrier, I left and they were great about it until 2 months later I started getting bills that made no sense. They charged me for 2 of the phones and never told me and also charged me for the booster they sent me even though when I asked them if there was anything else I needed to do to terminate, they said no. Hence, 2 months later, I received a two invoices totaling $900.00. I did not receive any guidance from them, even when I asked. It felt like I was dealing with a Used Car sales company rather than a reputable Cell phone carrier. Be careful what they promise vs. what they deliver.

RossA Columbus, OH

Local store people are great--company is terrible. We traded in my wife's iPhone8Plus that had always had a Zagg screen protector on--LCD was in mint condition, no lost pixel, working perfectly, no touch issues at all. Local assistant manager, Roh (who gave us fantastic, above and beyond service), said it was in mint shape. When we shipped the phones in for exchange for the promotional $830 back--at first it said it was all good. The only reason we traded in and switched is because we anticipated that our 4 iPhone 8's would drop in trade-in value significantly when the iPhone 13 comes out in the fall since the 8's were the lowest model that got the highest value trade in amount. So it was financially better, supposedly, for us to trade now even though all the phones were working great. Then the receiving depot for trade-in phones said there was a problem with the LCD and we weren't going to get the money. But they don't have any proof of the display being bad just a generic statement in a database, no pictures of a problem, no nothing, no proof. T-Mobile verified to me that the package got there in good shape. We shipped the phone in the bubble wrap provided by T-Mobile with extra cushioning inside the box and we left the screen protector on and the case still on just to be sure it was not going to be damaged in shipping (which it wasn't, and which T-Mobile agreed that it wasn't damaged in shipping). Then after objecting to the removal of the promotion with no proof and an assistant manager of our local store who said it was in great shape, they said that the promotion would be reactivated. Then a week later they said it wouldn't. And then they said, after re-objecting that they could get the promotion applied again. And then a couple weeks later finally they said it wouldn't and they couldn't and there was nothing else to appeal. I insisted on talking to the phone bank customer service manager who simply said, I'm not going to dispute your story of the LCD or what the assistant manager of the local store said or even that the LCD was in good shape, but, he said, there is nothing we can do about it. Then he tried to give me the line others had--"it must have been something you couldn't see on the screen that was bad." I've been working with computers for 35 years. I've never seen an internal issue with a screen that didn't cause a problem you could see. Really! The whole process took long enough that we were past the buyers remorse time period and besides, we can't get our old trade-in phones back anyway to trade in with some other provider, so we screwed and stuck being in a two year contract. We had already switched my mother-in-law to a T-Mobile hotspot and have consistently experienced in accurate billing and terrible wait times and terrible support when we call in for support for us and for her. For example, the limit on the hotspot we got her is 100GB a month. They said the first month she went over, so they slowed her down to 3G speed for the last 4 days of the cycle. But when we got the bill, the bill said she only used 93GB the whole month--so why did they slow here down when she didn't actually go over the limit? We've had that same problem 3 months in a row with her. I've had to wait hours on hold to get through--40 to 60 plus minute hold times each time I called in for billing or tech support for us or for my mother-in-law. We were going to switch my mother-in-law's phone service to T-Mobile, but we won't now and we can hardly wait for two years to be up so we can leave them and never come back. We've been with ATT on and off for 16 years and Verizon for about 6 years in the last 22 years. We'll stick with the companies who stand behind their promises and actually provide customer service. Too bad, Roh and the local team at the store I went to would get a 5 star rating from me. But if I could give the company a zero, I would. Their coverage, even where they say they have strong coverage and fast speeds is hit or miss. We live in an area of "strong 5G signal" an no gaps in service on their maps. But we've had more dropped calls with T-Mobile in the first 6 weeks than we've had in 10 years with ATT and Verizon. So don't believe their coverage maps either.

Karl Mickelson Colorado Springs, CO

T-mobile speeds are pretty good, when you can get any connection at all. Live in a well covered 5G area, and get 3 or 4 bars on a new iPhone, but can only get data about 50% of the time, or less. Phone calls go through, but DO NOT rely on any data service from T-mobile, even with a strong signal. They used to be quite good, but for last 6 months it's been abysmal. And I'm not a heavy mobile data user; generally less than 1GB/month, mostly well under. Ironically, I get the best data throughput when I'm in more rural areas, in this medium sized city, forget using your smart phone for anything other than a phone. You won't get your Uber ride, you won't find the best directions to your destination (unless you load it before leaving the house using your wi-fi), you won't find the nearest coffee shop, you can't even ope a lot of apps that require a data connection to even open, no weather forecast away from home, etc. They are cheap, but also in the sense that they do not provide good value for the money, low quality, etc. They are cheap because really mostly what you are getting is a phone service, so unless you still use a flip-phone, you are not getting a good deal.

JC Whelchel Wesley Chapel, FL

I was a customer for several years and signed up with T-Mobile at the Outlet Mall Store in Wesley Chapel FL. When we called the store to check on new phones, the man we spoke to gave us a trade-in price that was acceptable. When we came to the store, he suddenly noticed that he had read the info incorrectly and reduced the trade value by half. We then cancelled our account with T-Mobile and they billed us for an extra month after we had service with another carrier. On calling T-Mobile I was told their phone customer service could not access our account because it was closed and that I would have to go on-line. When I went on-line I could not access the account because it was closed. I finally paid the extra month after they sent the bill to the credit bureau. The company is a bunch of rip-off artist.

Dhiraj Srivastava Iowa City, IA

I exited out of T-mobile on 30th June and by some misunderstanding, I could not pay the bill. They sent me a letter on 6th July which I received on 12th July. I wanted to talk to the T-mobile people regarding the bill so didn't paid the bill immediately. I got a call from collection agency on 14th of july regarding debt collection. I went to store on 15th and they resolve my misunderstanding. I paid the bill on 16th of July. on 24th of July, I am getting the letter from convergent outsourcing regarding "Debt collection". I haven't seen a business so impatient. I will never deal with T-mobile in future.

Travis Coleman Fenton, MO

Research this company thoroughly before accepting offers that sound good. They're disorganized and their customer service reps on the phone will flat out lie to you multiple times. I finished an 18 month phone lease and wanted to upgrade my plan and phone. My account had a $0 balance. AT&T offered a better deal, so I called T-Mobile/Sprint to discuss my options. They transferred me to what they called their "Retention Dept." The rep presented numerous benefits of staying with TM/Sprint, such as an educator's discount, so I went into the store to sign up for those account features. Unfortunately, the store reps said that what the Retention Rep offered was, "impossible," because some of the things didn't make sense. For example, the educator's discount hadn't even existed in well over a year. I called customer service again and, after waiting on hold for 52 minutes, was again directed to the Retention Dept. This time, the rep said she'd give me a lower rate. I asked if she could note on my account what we agreed to and she said she shouldn't need to because the changes had already been made and will begin at the next billing cycle. Since the new plan was settled, I went back into the store to upgrade my phone. At that point, the store reps said there weren't any changes on my account. I again called customer service and asked to be transferred to their Retention Dept, as the in store reps suggested. The rep on the phone said the Dept. doesn't even exist, but he tried assisting me anyway. He also promised things that I later found out weren't entirely true regarding phone replacement, but said he noted things on my account. When I visited the store again he next day, I was told that his notes were vague and didn't include some of the things I came in to discuss. I again called customer service, but this time had the phone rep talk with the store employee. Finally, we were able to work out an acceptable phone plan. Keep in mind, while all this was happening I was also trying to upgrade to a better phone. I had finished my 18 month lease and was told I had a zero balance. However, they wouldn't allow me to upgrade to another phone unless I paid $200+ or sent my phone back. I was fine with sending the phone back, but was then told I couldn't because it has a small crack in the screen. If they were going to re-lease the phone to another customer, I'd understand not accepting it back. However, the model is 3 or so years old, so I know they'll just use it for scrap or toss it entirely anyway. I offered paying some to have the small crack repaired, but they rejected the idea. On another note, I was never told that I would still owe anything on the phone once the lease ended. That doesn't make any sense. I was then told by a store rep that I could bring in any other phone that would turn on and that didn't have any damage to trade in for an upgraded phone model. However, when I brought in a phone like they asked, I was told that the phone options they suggested I upgrade to were unavailable at that store. I eventually ended up visiting four stores in the area and they all seemed to say different things. The last store I visited yesterday had the phone that a previous rep suggested I upgrade to, but the in-store reps said that sending the phone back, even with a potential repair, would still not entirely bring my phone balance to zero. (Remember, my 18 month lease had been completed and paid in full.) Even the store employees there said that the Sprint/T-Mobile merger has been a disaster and that they can't wait for things to settle down because they've seen many customers come in and complain about the same problems I'm facing. People were talked into leases that were misleading. If you look online, you'll see that others had the same problem. This is not a problem that's uniquely mine. To summarize, the customer service reps on the phone are not on the same page with each other and will flat-out lie about plan options to keep you with the company. The customer service reps in the store are also not on the same page as the ones on the phone. However, the in-store reps were at least honest about things. I've never see such a dishonest, disorganized company. I've wasted roughly six hours on the phone with them and probably four more in various store locations the past several days. I cannot wait to leave this company and STRONGLY recommend you look elsewhere for service.

David Perry Mahwah, NJ

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE CONSIDERING SIGNING UP WITH T MOBILE. I would have given 0 stars if it allowed me to. I do not recommend using this provider. They falsely advertise their promotions. When signing up we were told by multiple customer service representatives that T-Mobile would cover 100% of the remaining balances of the phone lines with our previous provider. After being with T-Mobile for 3 months the balance has not been paid. I spent multiple days on phone with multiple customer service representatives. Each representative was not helpful. I was told more than 3 times that I would be sent prepaid credit cards for $600 on each card. I never received a card. I was told multiple times that a supervisor would contact me on that day. I never received a call. I have not gotten reimbursed for the payment I made on the remaining balance of my phone lines with my previous provider.

Mel Church Springfield, MO

Back when 2g was a thing, T-Mobile disabled one of the towers in town and were converting it 3g (at least this is what they told me). After that, I had no signal for 90% of my day while living in a major city, where I previously had signal. I called and complained. They sent me some equipment to get better signal in the house. I now had no signal for only 80% of the day! Wow. I called repeatedly and they wouldn't do anything about it, which is breaching the contract by not providing service. So I shut off my account and sent the equipment back through a sanctioned method. A month later, I got a bill for the rest of the conteact AND the equipment I returned and they refused to work with me. It's around $1600. They continue to post it to my credit too as I will NEVER pay them for this unlawful bill. I hired a lawyer and made one of their third party collectors drop it, which sent it back to TMOBILE, and they sent it to a new collector. So, plan 2, we're going to continue to fight it and tell everyone about T-Mobile's embarrassingly horrible service.

ckeeperga Acworth, GA

Service is GREAT Billing and help with problems is the worst I have ever dealt with. I have called a min of 6 times to get my account straightened out - total night mare! Have it in writing what I has promised - now told they cant do that - total BS

William Geist Marietta, GA

I was a Sprint customer that was forced in the direction of T-mobile after the purchase/merger with sprint. My experience since then has been VERY subpar. T-mobile seems to have no real concern with Sprint customer's nor Sprint's 3rd party vendors(asurion). I have spent at least 24 hours of my time over the course of 6 months dealing with a defective device from asurion. I have spent another 24 hours trying to reason with sprint/t-mobile about the issue. I have spent at least 36 hours trying to find a physical location that was willing to help, with NO prevail...THIS COMPANY IS NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY. LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR SERVICE.

Jason and Julie Shih Closter, NJ

I was debating changing service from Verizon to Tmobile because of price. We did decide against the move because the connection was not as stable near us. This was all fine. However, when I went to cancel the lines, we had started, the lady on the phone did it incorrectly. 6 months and half a dozen employees later, they have now sent the bills that we should not even be receiving to COLLECTIONS. I am beyond myself with frustration. The phone lines have NOT been used and I have been trying to cancel them since October of 2020. It is now Mid 2021 and NOT one single employee or supervisor seems to know how to cancel the lines. They all apologize and agree it is NOT my fault and yet...here we are with them dinging my credit over phone lines I do not use nor want.

Dr Philip Duterme Houston, TX

T-Mobile is just terrible and dishonest. Two months ago, I suddenly lost access to the network. The next day, I went to the store about it and was told it was my phone. I was not convinced but they left me no other choice than buying a new handset. It turned out that I had lost access because it was in fact T-Mobile who had improperly assigned my line number to a SIM card on another phone, something known in the industry as a SIM swap. Then the store had in fact concealed the real cause and deceived me into buying a new handset, even charging me an upgrade fee. When I complained, T-Mobile nickel & dimed me. I filed a complaint with both the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Communications Commission and T-Mobile responded with a bunch of lies, trying to sweep the issues under the rug and avoid any regulatory problems. I suspect that thousands of other customers have been deceived the same way.

Sweet Nouveau Palmdale, CA

Are used to love T-Mobile and I still believe their customer service is the best there is. But in terms of price and offers they are lacking a lot. Other networks seem to give you better offers and deals to upgrade.

alexisblige Tallahassee, FL

Since switching from Metro-PCS to T-Mobile, I’ve seen a drastic change in my service. I’m now able to use my phone without wifi and have my phone fully function solely off of unlimited data alone.

Luke Swierczynski Waterford, MI

Before adding my wife to my cell plan I had the misfortune of having to borrow her phone on occasion when I'd left mine places. Service felt spotty, calls would drop in areas that I never had problems with my service provider and the internet speeds just aren't nearly as fast as marketed.

Troy Roberts Indianapolis, IN

If I could give zero stars I would we bought the buy two get one free phones and for the last year I have been battling with T-Mobile to pay my 400 and something dollar bill and then they send it off to collections and say sorry about your luck I’ve taken over a week off of work and multiple personal hours just to try to talk to people to get things resolved and none of that happened they tried to charge me Double Vie old them and it has been a very bad experience stay away from T-Mobile watch what you sign they are horrible right now go with prepaid they still 900 and something dollars out of my account that’s almost a month worth of paycheck I almost lost my house over T-Mobile it took them seven days a refund it and then they added that 900 and something dollars on top of The other $900 that they said I owed them in which they promised me up the promotion which was half of 900 and here I am a year later battling with T-Mobile through collections agencies when I have four children and all we have are two phones that are 200 bucks apiece at Walmart right now T-Mobile has honestly getting me high blood pressure and I’ve had panic attacks I’ve had to go to the hospital once because of talking to one of the supervisors basically saying well there’s nothing we can do now that it’s like elections when it was all their fault they never would call back they would never call back I called and called and called and they would never call back and when they did call back the few times it was all bad I had bad cellular service when I first started with T-Mobile so they let me switch carriers so now I’m using T-Mobile phones on a prepaid service and then there was this one lady that had everything lined up and I was just starting to pay my monthly payment and then the next month it said I cannot no longer pay , Honestly I was skeptical on whether I should post this review or not because I don’t want T-Mobile trying to come out for me and Try and take me to court and put their big expensive lawyers on a hard-working man with four children but inside their computers is all the evidence that’s needed to prove them wrong and then I am right if they were to call me and say that they will keep their promise and I can just pay the 400 and something dollars that I owe them I would gladly do that! But other than that I’m looking into talking with my private attorney if they keep messing with me

M. Neary Cleburne, TX

I have been with TMobile since 2003 and will not transfer to any other carrier unless. Best customer service, easy contact with reps and just plain professional.

Diva Mother Fayetteville, GA

I have a multi plan with T-Mobile so far so good! I conduct a lot of my business via phone. The reps on the phone aren’t pushy and don’t force phones on you. My last rep was in Korea and he was phenomenal

Spencer Cottle Orem, UT

We have been loyal customers for years And have upgraded phones many times. Their service is getting better each year. Sometimes difficult to reach an actual person when trying to reach customer service

Andrea Thomas Tacoma, WA

T-mobile has extremely bad coverage in the area I live. Having gone in to talk with them, I feel like I get the run-around. Talking on the phone to customer service isn’t any better. But, I have dealt with worse. So I would say T-mobile would be one of my last choices and would have to really do something big for me (or save really big) to make me come back. #Notfor10yearsMinimum

Andrea Wheaton, IL

If you're on a budget, Tmobile is a great choice for the money. However, since they have merged with Sprint, the service tanked. I rarely had good reception and my calls were constantly being dropped. They also made it really hard to switch to another carrier. I had Tmobile for many years and saw the service decline over that time. I hope they can get back to what they used to be.

Kym Lewis Glenwood, IL

Associate Zelliece was professional, pleasant, and helpful. There were 10 employees and four customers which might explain why there were two additional associates hovering and interjecting questions, ideas, and suggestions. It was a bit overwhelming. One salesperson in particular was extremely overbearing and pushy, suggesting phone upgrades for which I previously said I was not interested, and repeatedly suggesting a password reset. When I said for the fourth time that I was not interested in resetting my password, she became offended and walked out of the store. Let an associate do his/her job. Often customers complain that they have not received enough customers, too much service is just as bad, if not worse. Good customer service is really becoming hard to find. There are some simple expectations. 1. Greet customers 2. Introduce yourself 3. Ask “how may I help you” or “what brings you in today?” 4. One associate should help a customers. If an additional associate is needed, introduce him/her. 5. Offer information/options without bias 6. After a customer has said that he/she is not interested in an option, do not continue to bring it up unless the customer chooses to revisit the issue. 7. Thank the customer. 8. Let the customer know about other ways he/she seek assistance in the future (business card, website, or app)

Pekeiydra Williams Tallahassee, FL

I’ve been a customer of T-Mobile since 2012 and I love it. I rarely, if ever have problems with my service, anytime I have issues with my phone technical support is very helpful and nice. The monthly bills aren’t out of my budget and pretty consistent. My unlimited data is never slow and I love having the free personal hotspot feature.

Gayle Lincoln, NE

I recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile because they were offering free iPhone 11’s and 11 Pro Max’ For free with specific trade-ins. I qualified and went to the T-Mobile store and the representative assured me that I could have either the 11 or the pro max for no charge with a trade-in of my iPhone 8. I said I wanted to do this and that I wanted the promax obviously since it was the more expensive phone. Later when trying to get a case for my new phone I discovered I had an iPhone 11. When I went back and confronted the service people at T-Mobile I was told I would have to pay an additional $250 if I wanted the iPhone 11 promax. That is not with their promotion represented and I feel like I was scammed. I also was not able to port my phone number due to there being no T-Mobile tower when I got that number. Between having to change my number and not getting the phone I wanted and was told I could get for free, I am not happy with T mobile. Be aware of this promotion—it is falsely Advertised!

Kyle N. Meridian, ID

I have been with T-mobile for over 15 years now. Never had issues with them & their service & prices are great. Happy to be a long term customer & I have no future plans on changing providers.

Greg

A few years ago we left T-Mobile and went to a competitor prior to the ending of the contract we paid off the competitor and returned to T-Mobile. We have been very happy with them and have no plans of ever leaving

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

T-Mobile has been great for our family use. It provided a low cost option to keep bill under control. They offered the latests phone tech and great accessories. Great low cost option with T-Mobile Tuesdays discount program.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

When we first jumped into the cell phone craze, we used T-mobile. The stores were clean, the staff was friendly as they explained how the product worked and what plans were available. The service was good, with few dropped calls. We think that they offer good value, with a good product.

Robert Alfano

T-Mobile has really good customer service. I was impressed with them. Also, by switching from AT&T I was able to save more than 50.00/mo for unlimited data. My AT&T service only included 3Gb/mo. So a huge savings which I was happy about. However, there's always a 'but', the coverage area for T-Mobile isn't as strong as AT&T in my area. In my home I need to use Wifi calling. If not for that I would have had to switch back. I gave them 3 stars here mostly for the lack of coverage. Otherwise I am very happy with them

gene

T-mobile is an ok company I have been with them for a number of years and currently they are getting better then they had been. they still need more towersin the hampton roads area of virginia but they are getting better

Mike Wolcott, IN

I was considering the various plans of T-Mobile and was quoted a price through their chat for my 11 devices. I asked for the transcript of the device and it was to be emailed to the address I provided. Long story short, they promised pie in the sky and once I told them I was ready to switch, they could not deliver what they promised. I am not slamming them completely, but just want to raise awareness before you spend too much time considering them as a valid option.

Leah

Their service is worth way more than I pay. I love their perks - my unlimited plan rocks and free unlimited 3G in other counties is helpful and no other carrier provides that.

Jim Sundberg Longmont, CO

I visited the Lafayette store in CO. I told the rep my phone went black. she told me that we needed to take the phone to the Apple store because we did not have insurance. We promptly went to the Longmont store and were helped by Andrew .He took 5 minutes to show us how to reboot my phone!The girl in the Lafayette store seemed more interested in sales than customer service !!

Pete New Port Richey, FL

There are two real problems with T-Mobile and they don’t really car to fix either of them. First, is the way they cook their books to minimize expenses at your expense. You see, T-Mobile won’t give you credit for your paid off phone straight up front if you try to use one of their promotions. What they do is give you the equivalent of fifty cents a day and you might be wondering what the problem is here... Well, you see, by making you pay out of pocket for the phone you want, they get to take your money and earn interest in it over the two years, while you get deferred credit for your paid off phone. Another problem this creates is that it favors new customers for the best promotions, over those who are existing customers... Most existing customers don’t want to be forced to a lower tier of phone just so they don’t have to pay the extortion fees out of pocket... New customers will offer just pay it. Also, they offered us a free line, and then they proceeded to charge us for this allegedly free line! We have had the free line for over a year and I just realized the other day they were charging us for it. Yeah, you might appear to be saving money with this company, but you’re getting treated like a Cuban citizen during tourist season by this company that claims to be all about the customer. Oh and another thing, T-Mobile’s “getting thanked” routine, is often a series of games almost nobody ever wins, or things you could get for free elsewhere, without ever paying them a dime! T-Mobile Tuesday used to be good, but like everything with this company, it turned out to be a very shallow experience. Now one final note, the quality of the connection on my 1.5 year old phone is horrific! There are places where I will see two bars on my phone and the networking is crawling if it’s working at all! Both my wife and I side by side experience the same issues and their coverage map is nowhere near as good as these con artists claim it is.

Annie O. Spring Hill, FL

I have been a T-Mobile customer for 16+ years. Consistent cell coverage and unlimited data/etc. at reasonable prices has always made me a happy customer, but it is the IMPECCABLE customer service that holds my loyalty.

Andrea Kyle Burleson, TX

I have been a customer of T-Mobile for 21 years. Anytime I need to call them they are very helpful. My service is consistent and they have an excellent selection of phones for upgrades. I highly recommend T-Mobile.

Sheryl Easterling Johnson City, TN

Don’t use t-Mobile. It has been an absolute nightmare. I should have known when I saw that all the employees were under the legal drinking age. I signed up with these teenagers because they quoted their bills lower than Verizon AND they assured me that I would have coverage on my entire 1-hour work commute. They sold me a device for my car to increase coverage on my route. However, the device was actually intended to provide a wifi hot spot in your car, but only if there was t-Mobile coverage in the area. My commute picked up t-Mobile coverage for less than a third of the trip. Not only did they give me faulty information, but they failed to tell me that I only had 14 days to change my mind. I returned to t-Mobile a month later to close my account and go back to Verizon. Regardless of the fact that they were dishonest to get me to sign up with them (I asked, and yes he got a commission for signing folks on), they adhered to the 14 day period. I was forced to buy out my contract, totaling nearly $1,000. After I fulfilled my commitment to them, it still took six months of angry phone calls to finally be rid of this awful company. They kept trying to charge me for services I was no longer receiving and withhold money owed me. Some people just don’t know how to run a successful business.