T-Mobile Logo

5.2

Mildred Pierce Van Nuys, CA

I may be too soon in this review but I just switched from Sprint to T Mobile 2 days ago and I have not been able to make any phone calls or text from my phone. We have two phones and my daughter has no problem with hers. I'm the main account holder but I haven't able to talk or text for two days. When I go to T Mobile's site, they want an ID. I can't get an ID because they will send a code to the number that can't receive texts. There's no option to send the code to my email address. I was under the impression that I had to switch to T Mobile when I upgraded our phones and realize now that I didn't have to switch. I know I would have to eventually but I didn't have to do it now. If they rectify the problem, I will revise this review.

Blake Dwyer Port Saint Lucie, FL

3 stars because the people in the store near me resolved an issue in 40 minutes vs 2 days with online people. If not for them then 1 star since I had to pay extra for someones mishalf. Yes , I got credit for the extra money I had to spend after, but when im told Ill recieve a phone with block and sim, and just get the phone, yeah Im not a happy camper. I bought an 800 dollar phone I cant charge

David Riddle Jacksonville, FL

Not happy with T-Mobile right now. We were with Sprint for years and hardly had any problems. We even had our home phone disconnected because we could always depend on the service. T-Mobile is up and down at our home all the time. There are some days that things are fine but that is far and few between. We always get told that towers are being worked on. Well - how long will this go on? We have had to reconnect our home phone after several years of being without. It's bad that we can't depend on our cell phone. We have always paid our bill and I think that we should have better service.

Jamey Barnstead, NH

I was a T-Mobile customer for 17 years and despite the service being spotty in my area I was happy to stay with them because of their awesome customer service. I ended up switching to my husband's Verizon account to save money, and when I closed my account I verified with the sales person that the only thing I had left to pay was that months bill and the balance on my phone. I paid both immediately and thought that was the end of it, but now two months later I checked my bank account and there were almost $400 of additional charges from T-Mobile that I was not informed of and did not authorize. Customer service said the bulk of it was because I failed to return a 3+ year old piece of equipment that I completely forgot I had and thought was already paid for, but it would have been nice if they had told me that when I was in the store paying off my phone instead of helping themselves to my bank account right before the holidays. Your equipment is in the mail, T-Mobile. I hope my refund is too.

Jon Newton Minneapolis, MN

I had Verizon before I switched to t-mobile and I wish I would have stayed there. One thing t mobile don't tell you about there unlimited internet is that they have a roaming internet. Which means if your not on there tmobile service they only give you a very small amount of internet to use. I drive a truck and use my internet for sirus xm radio and map for weather service and road closer in winter. Well if you travel west of Iowa there internet is very spotty and most of the time your on a roaming internet service. Which means I use the little they give you in 2 days listening to satellite radio. With Verizon I never had this kind of problem. When they say unlimited that's exactly what it was. Now I'm stuck for 2 years. Don't let let them fool you like they did me

Mike L. Marco Island, FL

Where can I start? First of all reception service from T-Mobile where I live in South Florida has been as close to terrible as it could be. There are towers within a couple of miles from where service drops off to nothing, where calls can not be made nor reception for apps is received. More than several calls to T-Mobile promised that this would be resolved and nothing is ever done. Dropped calls within an area where calls are possible is another major problem and happens no less that two or three times a day. Calling customer service is nothing more than a joke and a complete waste of time. Sometimes the wait to speak with someone is over an hour only to wait again when the person connected to does not know how to fix the problem of reception. It seems that quite a few of the customer service contacts are working from home and have insufficient capability to do anything but talk and listen to problems being presented. It really can not be these people who a probably being told to soothe the customer, make promises and do not follow up on those promises. In my opinion, this is what they are more than likely being told to do by the company. I have spent several months with T-Mobile with this poor service where nothing more than lip service has been provided. Shame on you!!!! T-Mobile to making promises and taking money for this kind of poor service. I have "interaction" numbers given to me by your company representative to verify my service problems and promises to make things right. For more that 20 years I have been a customer with Sprint then being switched to T-Mobile only to be treated as poorly as this.

Chuck Zander Pawcatuck, CT

I switched to T-Mobile from AT&t in August. I regret that decision. It is been 4 months and I still have no service at my house. They keep promising me a cell phone booster. They have been on back order ever since my initial purchase in August. If you call and complain or say anything negative then suddenly your move to the bottom of the list. You now have to work through the list again. Unfortunately, I have never gotten close to the spot where I get one of these boosters boosters. I have no service at my house. These boosters are supposed to fix the problem but you only receive 4G LTE. They have no boosters that will actually provide 5G. I find them to be extremely expensive. I am paying $150 a month 4 two phones. I have no service at my house. They keep promising me a 4G LTE booster. So far it's been 4 months and I still don't have one. I am paying all this money for no service. They really have no response. I used to be on AT&t where I pay just $50 per month for unlimited everything. This was a big mistake. You have to put up with a ton of advertising from T-Mobile but all I want is a signal and a cell phone that actually works. Wow, that's asking for a lot! Stay away from this company. They recently offered me a sheet with questions on their service and how happy I was with that. The best I could honestly do was a score of two. I would love to get out of this plan and go back two AT&t. I guess I'm stuck here for a while. I feel like they have me. No real opportunity to get away. Be careful with what you purchase and the terrible yet promising advertising that goes along with it. Give me Verizon or T-Mobile any day of the week! I wish I could get rid of them. They lock you into these contracts with no real way of getting out of them. Sounds like it should be pretty easy. They are offering you cell phone service in which you received little to none. Stay away and pay the extra money money for Verizon or AT&t. It's sad to think that T-Mobile as me looking at AT&t like it's good service. It certainly is far better than T-Mobile. Be careful with what these people promise you. It most likely won't be the truth. While today it's so easy to get out of contracts just try to get out of a T-Mobile one. If you're lucky enough to have Verizon then be grateful and smile when you pay the bill. Things good certainly be a whole lot worse. You could be stuck with T-Mobile! Stay away!

Roger Blum Miami Beach, FL

I have been a T-Mobile customer for many years, mainly due to the free international 2G data. Last year, I stopped by a T-Mobile store, to look at new phones. I didn't at the time upgrade, but the representative looked at my account, and said I could save a little on my monthly bill if I switched plans. My only question was if this new plan would still include the free international data. I was assured that it would. It turned out that it didn't, and I didn't find this out until my family was traveling, and unable to use their phones. I contacted T-Mobile many times, but the result was that they would not be responsible for what I was told by their own representative in their own store. Bottom line - don't trust what you're told in a T-Mobile store. Get it in writing and review it before agreeing to anything. If their representative misrepresents something, it is the customer's responsibilty.

Andrea Wheaton, IL

If you're on a budget, Tmobile is a great choice for the money. However, since they have merged with Sprint, the service tanked. I rarely had good reception and my calls were constantly being dropped. They also made it really hard to switch to another carrier. I had Tmobile for many years and saw the service decline over that time. I hope they can get back to what they used to be.

Kym Lewis Glenwood, IL

Associate Zelliece was professional, pleasant, and helpful. There were 10 employees and four customers which might explain why there were two additional associates hovering and interjecting questions, ideas, and suggestions. It was a bit overwhelming. One salesperson in particular was extremely overbearing and pushy, suggesting phone upgrades for which I previously said I was not interested, and repeatedly suggesting a password reset. When I said for the fourth time that I was not interested in resetting my password, she became offended and walked out of the store. Let an associate do his/her job. Often customers complain that they have not received enough customers, too much service is just as bad, if not worse. Good customer service is really becoming hard to find. There are some simple expectations. 1. Greet customers 2. Introduce yourself 3. Ask “how may I help you” or “what brings you in today?” 4. One associate should help a customers. If an additional associate is needed, introduce him/her. 5. Offer information/options without bias 6. After a customer has said that he/she is not interested in an option, do not continue to bring it up unless the customer chooses to revisit the issue. 7. Thank the customer. 8. Let the customer know about other ways he/she seek assistance in the future (business card, website, or app)

Pekeiydra Williams Tallahassee, FL

I’ve been a customer of T-Mobile since 2012 and I love it. I rarely, if ever have problems with my service, anytime I have issues with my phone technical support is very helpful and nice. The monthly bills aren’t out of my budget and pretty consistent. My unlimited data is never slow and I love having the free personal hotspot feature.

Gayle Lincoln, NE

I recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile because they were offering free iPhone 11’s and 11 Pro Max’ For free with specific trade-ins. I qualified and went to the T-Mobile store and the representative assured me that I could have either the 11 or the pro max for no charge with a trade-in of my iPhone 8. I said I wanted to do this and that I wanted the promax obviously since it was the more expensive phone. Later when trying to get a case for my new phone I discovered I had an iPhone 11. When I went back and confronted the service people at T-Mobile I was told I would have to pay an additional $250 if I wanted the iPhone 11 promax. That is not with their promotion represented and I feel like I was scammed. I also was not able to port my phone number due to there being no T-Mobile tower when I got that number. Between having to change my number and not getting the phone I wanted and was told I could get for free, I am not happy with T mobile. Be aware of this promotion—it is falsely Advertised!

Kyle N. Meridian, ID

I have been with T-mobile for over 15 years now. Never had issues with them & their service & prices are great. Happy to be a long term customer & I have no future plans on changing providers.

Greg

A few years ago we left T-Mobile and went to a competitor prior to the ending of the contract we paid off the competitor and returned to T-Mobile. We have been very happy with them and have no plans of ever leaving

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

T-Mobile has been great for our family use. It provided a low cost option to keep bill under control. They offered the latests phone tech and great accessories. Great low cost option with T-Mobile Tuesdays discount program.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

When we first jumped into the cell phone craze, we used T-mobile. The stores were clean, the staff was friendly as they explained how the product worked and what plans were available. The service was good, with few dropped calls. We think that they offer good value, with a good product.

Robert Alfano

T-Mobile has really good customer service. I was impressed with them. Also, by switching from AT&T I was able to save more than 50.00/mo for unlimited data. My AT&T service only included 3Gb/mo. So a huge savings which I was happy about. However, there's always a 'but', the coverage area for T-Mobile isn't as strong as AT&T in my area. In my home I need to use Wifi calling. If not for that I would have had to switch back. I gave them 3 stars here mostly for the lack of coverage. Otherwise I am very happy with them

gene

T-mobile is an ok company I have been with them for a number of years and currently they are getting better then they had been. they still need more towersin the hampton roads area of virginia but they are getting better

Mike Wolcott, IN

I was considering the various plans of T-Mobile and was quoted a price through their chat for my 11 devices. I asked for the transcript of the device and it was to be emailed to the address I provided. Long story short, they promised pie in the sky and once I told them I was ready to switch, they could not deliver what they promised. I am not slamming them completely, but just want to raise awareness before you spend too much time considering them as a valid option.

Leah

Their service is worth way more than I pay. I love their perks - my unlimited plan rocks and free unlimited 3G in other counties is helpful and no other carrier provides that.

Jim Sundberg Longmont, CO

I visited the Lafayette store in CO. I told the rep my phone went black. she told me that we needed to take the phone to the Apple store because we did not have insurance. We promptly went to the Longmont store and were helped by Andrew .He took 5 minutes to show us how to reboot my phone!The girl in the Lafayette store seemed more interested in sales than customer service !!

Pete New Port Richey, FL

There are two real problems with T-Mobile and they don’t really car to fix either of them. First, is the way they cook their books to minimize expenses at your expense. You see, T-Mobile won’t give you credit for your paid off phone straight up front if you try to use one of their promotions. What they do is give you the equivalent of fifty cents a day and you might be wondering what the problem is here... Well, you see, by making you pay out of pocket for the phone you want, they get to take your money and earn interest in it over the two years, while you get deferred credit for your paid off phone. Another problem this creates is that it favors new customers for the best promotions, over those who are existing customers... Most existing customers don’t want to be forced to a lower tier of phone just so they don’t have to pay the extortion fees out of pocket... New customers will offer just pay it. Also, they offered us a free line, and then they proceeded to charge us for this allegedly free line! We have had the free line for over a year and I just realized the other day they were charging us for it. Yeah, you might appear to be saving money with this company, but you’re getting treated like a Cuban citizen during tourist season by this company that claims to be all about the customer. Oh and another thing, T-Mobile’s “getting thanked” routine, is often a series of games almost nobody ever wins, or things you could get for free elsewhere, without ever paying them a dime! T-Mobile Tuesday used to be good, but like everything with this company, it turned out to be a very shallow experience. Now one final note, the quality of the connection on my 1.5 year old phone is horrific! There are places where I will see two bars on my phone and the networking is crawling if it’s working at all! Both my wife and I side by side experience the same issues and their coverage map is nowhere near as good as these con artists claim it is.

Annie O. Spring Hill, FL

I have been a T-Mobile customer for 16+ years. Consistent cell coverage and unlimited data/etc. at reasonable prices has always made me a happy customer, but it is the IMPECCABLE customer service that holds my loyalty.

Andrea Kyle Burleson, TX

I have been a customer of T-Mobile for 21 years. Anytime I need to call them they are very helpful. My service is consistent and they have an excellent selection of phones for upgrades. I highly recommend T-Mobile.

Sheryl Easterling Johnson City, TN

Don’t use t-Mobile. It has been an absolute nightmare. I should have known when I saw that all the employees were under the legal drinking age. I signed up with these teenagers because they quoted their bills lower than Verizon AND they assured me that I would have coverage on my entire 1-hour work commute. They sold me a device for my car to increase coverage on my route. However, the device was actually intended to provide a wifi hot spot in your car, but only if there was t-Mobile coverage in the area. My commute picked up t-Mobile coverage for less than a third of the trip. Not only did they give me faulty information, but they failed to tell me that I only had 14 days to change my mind. I returned to t-Mobile a month later to close my account and go back to Verizon. Regardless of the fact that they were dishonest to get me to sign up with them (I asked, and yes he got a commission for signing folks on), they adhered to the 14 day period. I was forced to buy out my contract, totaling nearly $1,000. After I fulfilled my commitment to them, it still took six months of angry phone calls to finally be rid of this awful company. They kept trying to charge me for services I was no longer receiving and withhold money owed me. Some people just don’t know how to run a successful business.

Tommy Mandeville, LA

T-Mobile will trick you be careful!! They have great deals no doubt. This is my story I went to them they gave me a phone and a plain no doubt. Then I went back the very next day and told them that their service is horrible and my daughter is going off to college and needed a service that is reliable. They came out in full force and begged me to give them a chance that towers were going up as we speak and it will be much better shortly. Well nothing has changed service and s still horrible so I go back to the store to inform them of this and they give me a number to call to cancel. So, I call this number and they tell me that I had 14 days to cancel the contract and it’s past that time and now I must pay!! Even after I explained the above situation to them and they even verified I was there complaining about the service the next day and I wanted out. They said my 14 days are up and I have to pay out the contract!!!! Please people be careful with you sign and don’t trust no one who works there!!!!!

Laura

Customer service is excellent, though some of the reps don''t know what they''re doing. Sometimes service drops in well populated areas, and often there''s no service in more remote locations. Never had that problem on Verizon. Very affordable.

Santino M Akot

My experience is good. I'm paying more and I think I'm okay with it. Given that, I have an limited Data and able to any where in the U.S and Canada including Mexico if I ever have someone there to call.

W. Adamson

They give excellent coverage and their prices are reasonable. Their out of country service is outstanding. I had trouble with billing when I first signed up with them. That was not a strong point.

Janae Arnold

I Love the Family plan price! It can't be beat! I love the unlimited data plan! It slows, when we go over, but we aleays have it!! The service is great in most places!! Great Company!!

Janice Pujol Chandler, AZ

I had been with them for well over 6 years and their service was good in the states and in Mexico. The reason we switched is because we upgraded through another company. No complaints about Tmobile

Rodger Reed Long Beach, CA

I like that they are easy to deal with and don't appear to be as loose with my personal info as the others. St least not yet to my knowledge. I think the proposed merger with Sprint would result in less competition and higher prices.

t eli North Hollywood, CA

I have been with them well over 15 years.. I find them to be the best at Customer Service, Service Provider. My bills are always correct, when I call, I get an America. They always take great care of me.

Mike Homchick

GREAT, my phone I have I think has reached most of the way as end of life but I will upgrade ASAP.Customer service is VERY GOOD. they do their best to help you be a happy customer.

Jeff Schermett Syracuse, NY

Well for the last month and a half my phone calls are not coming through 4 out of 10 calls will go straight to voicemail there is no missed calls on my phone so no one leaves a message I never know they called. This is been going on for about a month and a half I’ve spent 15 to 16 hours on the phone and messaging with them with no solution in sight I have tried two different phones I have a brand new Sim card so it’s not the phones and not the Sim card. T-mobile’s Twitter person now try to Help but I have spoken to six different people and it’s like a script they post them because each person says the same thing they sent me a Wi-Fi cellspot And I have spectrum Internet and they are having some problems with spectrum why did they send it to me because they knew I had spectrum so now I’ve been waiting for a different cell-spot Not knowing if this is even going to help my situation I was in I want is my service to work right I want what I pay for it no more no less. I see that they’re putting all this money into 5G when they’re LTE service is not even up to par. I have had T-Mobile for over so her years I have had T-Mobile for over 4yrs I have five lines on T-Mobile and I am the only one having this problem .

The Ugly Review Suisun, CA

The Good - Great customer service, easy to understand bill, discounted monthly bill if data doesn't exceed 2gb. The Bad - Signal strength is misleading, most of the time...when I have full bar 4Glte...the phone is very slow when data is being use...the free wifi hot spots are faster the the T-Mobile signal.

Burke Tagney Saint Cloud, MN

Service has been great, it was a little spotty in Chicago a while ago, but since then, I haven't run into any major issues and they've been great tow work with from a shoppers standpoint!

Avery Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I like the fact that T-mobile has a family plan. I seem to be able to get coverage wherever I'm at. It is affordable, we have been with T-mobile for years and will be with them for many more.

Armando Ferreira

Customer service is great...but buy a phone and have it malfunction eve just after 2 months under warranty and crap hits the fan. They will only replace it with a used one (they call it refurbished), and still charge you $20 dollars. Used to be in my opinion the most customer friendly mobile company in the US, now only phone customer service is good, resolving phone issues is horrible. Talking from experience.

Jo-Ellen Horn Independence, MO

Amazing customer service, low prices and their prices include taxes so no surprises and their CEO listens when you say something on Twitter. Customer for 14 years and I will never switch.

Daniel Seattle, WA

They are always responsive to requests and questions with reasonable rates and features. Great offer on international data. If they enable high speed data internationally like others it would be unbeatable!

Cassidy Gundersen Orem, UT

I’ve had T-Mobile ever since I first got a cell phone. Their service used to be horrible especially when I lived in Idaho. Over the last few years, however, their service and coverage has improved a TON. I think I get better service now than a lot of my friends who have other carriers.

Emerald Scott West Jordan, UT

T-Mobile has good service for the price. My biggest issue is that the phones have terrible receptions in basements and for the longest time had very little service in my hometown. Since I have moved they are better and a good bargain. The customer service is good.

Derek Heiner Centerville, UT

I love that they do T-Mobile tuesday, it makes it really enjoyable throughout the week. The coverage is what I really enjoy, it's gotten a lot better over the years and it has become really reliable and really high speed.

Lindsey Andersen Provo, UT

I love, love, love my super low cell phone charge each month. We share an account for $20 flat per person. I also love that when I use my 2GB of data, I don't lose data - it just goes down to 3G instead of 4G. I only wish the coverage were better and faster.

Lisa Burkhart Littleton, CO

I have been with TMobile for almost 11 years. Their coverage isn't the greatest but I only travel a few times per year and generally it's to major markets or overseas where my cellphone wouldn't be working anyway so I was willing to live with that. Recently I had an experience at a store that is making me shop around. My Iphone stopped working. I PAY for an extended warranty for full replacement but they wouldn't give me a phone they said they had to have one shipped. I was ok with that because it was going to be overnighted. Two days later the phone didn't come so I called the store to find out what was going on. I was told they couldn't tell me anything over the phone, I had to come in or call the 800 number. The 800 number said they couldn't accept my call at that time so to call a retail store. I'm not sure if it was because I was calling from Skype because I had no phone. So I call the store back and the person on the other end named Jordan literally hangs up on me. So I drive all the way down to the store and Jeremy says "its in procesing" and walks away from me. What does that mean? He says "that it hasn't shipped yet" I ask him why and he rudely says "I have no idea, I can have the manager call you" Call me on WHAT? I have NO PHONE!! So he begrudgingly hands me the store phone so that I can call the 800 number and I find out that the phone is back ordered. The manager on the phone asks to speak to the store associate so I tell Jeremy that the manager wants to speak to him to find out the number of their store. He throws the phone down on the counter and writes it on a post it note and refuses to pick up the phone. I have never been treated that rudely especially not where I have been a ten year customer. There are better companies out there and don't buy a warranty because it's only honored at their convenience.

Chris Deer Park, NY

Very good value for price. I just wish phone prices would come down a bit, but that doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon. T-Mobile's voice and text coverage is excellent, but there are many rural areas that still have EDGE coverage which is slow!

Ronald Hewitt East Longmeadow, MA

TMobile has been a good company for me. When I needed help they financed a phone for me. The gentleman in their store was very helpful showing me how to use all the bells and whistles on the phone and politely answers my questions. Customer service has also been very helpful when I needed to call them (like when my phone was stolen.)

Brett Houston, TX

Been with TMobile a long time. They aren't perfect, and they don't have the widest coverage, but when they work, they work well. More than adequate especially considering the price, and features included. Traveling is awesome and a big deal for me. Works very well overseas. Generally, I have found their customer service good, especially when you push the issue. I'll stick with them as long as they say the present path.

Sadie Scoville Salt Lake City, UT

T-Mobile is a very reliable and incredible option. They are always informing you with the best new deals and offers. They make sure that you are given the best and only the best. Thanks T-Mobile!