T-Mobile Logo

5.4

GW

Terrible. They get you to buy insurance and then when you crack the screen they will only give you $100 off on buying a new phone. What was the point of the insurance? Also, the people in the store don't seem to know what they are doing. Probably going to go over to Verizon.

sam getz Columbus, OH

absolutely horrible. service quality to customers is bottom of the barrel. they stand behind none of the products they provide. they sell a service that does not fit the definition of service. can not rate them since the rating system only uses stars, totally inappropriate. stupid on my part

Daniel Kress

I don't like how T-Mobile will charge $20 per line for a reconnection fee when they don't have to do anything to reconnect, it's done with computer programs. The ones that get charged this fee are the ones that can afford it the least.

Joe Clarksville, TN

It has been the worst service i’ve ever had. That’s about all I have to say. Don’t be fooled by their false advertisement. 5G doesn’t work most of the time and we have no service at our home. We’re switching back to our previous service.

Stan from Kazakhstan Kent, WA

I've been customer for over 8 years. Never asked to replace my phone. And now first time I have problem with the phone and they not helping me out. YES I have this fake protection which they selling you. JUMP . So I decided to jump to another carrier

BoerboelsHappilyEvaAfter Wilmington, NC

If I could give negative stars I would. Had me on the phone for over 2 hours with 3 different people- called back twice after 2 hung up while they put me on hold. Called back and the same thing. Worst customer service. Unacceptable!

Brandon Baker Las Vegas, NV

If you happen to get their POOR home internet be sure to make sure your bill is paid in full.. They WILL NOT send you a final bill in the mail or via your registered email. However, they WILL send you to collections for failure to pay for a bill you didn't know you had with them...

Ss D Vero Beach, FL

extremely bad experience with T-Mobile.. staff promises what they cannot deliver . They are unable to send an email to confirm what is promised . Each time you call to follow through on what was promised, you are informed that the last agent did not know what they were doing.. stay away from T-mobile for sure

ClaireEMatt Havana, FL

As a person who travels a lot, T-Mobile has provided me service all over America and in Canada. Great plans and antiviral software with it.

Anna Hansgen Medina Lehi, UT

I currently have T-Mobile and I ABOSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! Best provider out there!! Very convenient and reliable.

Savannah Peay Lehi, UT

I have been using it for years. The reception is pretty good. I can usually always find service unless I am in the mountains.

Tim Fisher Strongsville, OH

I have spent over 4 hours trying to get my number ported over and complete the reimbursement rebate. It has been one of the worst display of customer service I have ever encountered. I am now on hold waiting for a manager to pick up the phone. If you are considering going with T-Mobile-DON'T. Don't believe the hype they are spewing about their service...it sucks. I am now on my 5th customer service person and have yet to come across one that can help. I am going back to Verizon!!!

Krishna Shrestha Killeen, TX

BLUF: don’t choose T-mobile. It’s a hassle not help for service you would like to have. There’s far better companies than it. Worst customer service. Privacy protection = zero. My phone number was Outported without any notice and authorization. I spent a weeks talking to t mobile customer services staffs(not helpful) wasting my time and energy. They got my number back but not completely. Now I am dealing with different number for text messages. Network connection okay

SgtGMT New York, NY

Sprint customer that is now with T-Mobile. Since T-Mobile took over our reception is horrible. Went to port over to T-Mobile but there are zero promotions for Sprint customers. It’s as if they don’t want Sprint customers. T-Mobile customers have many offers. I for one will not accept this so I am switching to Verizon. I recommend all Sprint customers do the same. Maybe when enough of us leave they will wake up.

Susan Hoover Lancaster, PA

My husband called to get new service for seniors with T-Mobile, I wanted to go to the store to order service but no he's very impatient so we ordered over the phone and and got screwed! Lady sent us to Wi-Fi's we didn't want at a hundred bucks a month and we went to send it back and they won't give us a PIN number or whatever they need so we're having a horrible time we spent hours and hours trying to get this resolved we are retired and cannot afford this! I'm about ready to call lawyer

RAY MILLER Northfield, OH

I have been with the T-mobile for over 5 years. They only offer a new phone if I add a new line or if I'm a new customer. I talked too 2 different managers and they promise to call back, they never do. Every time I call back it takes over an hour to get through. The last representative just keeps repeating their promotions. They then pass me to a manager and the whole process repeats. So I went to Verizon and received 3 free phones for switching from T-mobile,

Stephanie Carlson Chicago, IL

Ive worked with all carriers of cell phones through Samsung for 8 years. To migrate my sprint phone number to another tmobile account has been the worst possible process I've ever seen. They made me pay half of the bill for the next month. Even though we just paid a week ago. They keep giving me a new hoop to jump through when I've been trying to do this for two weeks. No one knows what theyre doing here.

Greg Lallerstedt Los Angeles, CA

Service is sketchy at best if you send a text message don't expect it to get there.... if its urgent you're screwed! I've sent text messages and they have gone through a few hours to the next day. After talking to them its never their fault and they always want to try to put the blame back on you that you the sender are the problem not them and their service...

Kenneth Nicely Lake Wales, FL

T-Mobile is full of it. New phone and two boosters later and still can't get any bars. I had nothing but problems with them. We saw a lady talking on her phone at the springs and I asked her what she had as my girlfriend nor I didn't have service. She told us At&t that she was with T mobile and they were not that great. So after 17 years with T mobile we may just switch as well.

Andrew Tilden Kansas City, MO

Executive reached out and issue is now resolved.

Amy McKertich Exeter, NH

So I was looking into switching to TMOBILE. They had a great deal going on. I am a current Verizon customer and wanted a more reasonable price. When I talked to a representative I made sure to ask her if I would be paying 2 phone bills. She said tmobile will not charge you until you activate the SIM cards. I got the cards in the mail and didnt activate anything. I changed my mind and returned everything. 2 weeks later I got a bill for 300$ . I used NOTHING and got charged 300$. I have been disputing the bill for 3 months. No one will call me back or give me a reason why Im being charged. It is now in collections. Do not go with TMobile. Not easy to deal with customer service. They dont know what they are doing.

D Webster Washington, DC

I've been a customer of T mobile for a long time. Overall great customer service experience. Coverage is great and affordable

Mhyrynde Noa Troy, NY

Awesome-Amazong-INcredible--service, people, everything! The east decision I've ever made was to switch from Verizon to TMobile!!

William Geist Marietta, GA

I was a Sprint customer that was forced in the direction of T-mobile after the purchase/merger with sprint. My experience since then has been VERY subpar. T-mobile seems to have no real concern with Sprint customer's nor Sprint's 3rd party vendors(asurion). I have spent at least 24 hours of my time over the course of 6 months dealing with a defective device from asurion. I have spent another 24 hours trying to reason with sprint/t-mobile about the issue. I have spent at least 36 hours trying to find a physical location that was willing to help, with NO prevail...THIS COMPANY IS NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY. LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR SERVICE.

Jason and Julie Shih Closter, NJ

I was debating changing service from Verizon to Tmobile because of price. We did decide against the move because the connection was not as stable near us. This was all fine. However, when I went to cancel the lines, we had started, the lady on the phone did it incorrectly. 6 months and half a dozen employees later, they have now sent the bills that we should not even be receiving to COLLECTIONS. I am beyond myself with frustration. The phone lines have NOT been used and I have been trying to cancel them since October of 2020. It is now Mid 2021 and NOT one single employee or supervisor seems to know how to cancel the lines. They all apologize and agree it is NOT my fault and yet...here we are with them dinging my credit over phone lines I do not use nor want.

Dr Philip Duterme Houston, TX

T-Mobile is just terrible and dishonest. Two months ago, I suddenly lost access to the network. The next day, I went to the store about it and was told it was my phone. I was not convinced but they left me no other choice than buying a new handset. It turned out that I had lost access because it was in fact T-Mobile who had improperly assigned my line number to a SIM card on another phone, something known in the industry as a SIM swap. Then the store had in fact concealed the real cause and deceived me into buying a new handset, even charging me an upgrade fee. When I complained, T-Mobile nickel & dimed me. I filed a complaint with both the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Communications Commission and T-Mobile responded with a bunch of lies, trying to sweep the issues under the rug and avoid any regulatory problems. I suspect that thousands of other customers have been deceived the same way.

Aixa Figueroa Orlando, FL

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES IF YOU WANT TO AVOID PROBLEMS! On 3/12/21 I went to the T-Mobile store managed by Ivan Martinez inside the Millenia Mall in Orlando, Florida. I was interested in getting a new iPhone 12 Pro with T-Mobile on their Magenta plan. I was approved to make 36 monthly payments for the iPhone 12 Pro, apparently under the Jump On Demand program. On 3/14/21, I returned to the store with my wife Aixa Figueroa, to get her on my plan. The manager of the store offered us the buy-one get-one-free iPhone deal. They informed us that since I bought my iPhone 3 days, we would qualify for that deal. We left that day content with two new iPhone 12 Pro’s. However, the next day my wife noticed that her iPhone 12 Pro with T-Mobile was not receiving any calls or texts. Instead, all her phone calls and text messages were going to her old iPhone Xs Max with Verizon. We went back to the store at Millenia Mall on 3/15/21 to inquire about this problem. They stated that it could take as long as 72 hours for a number to transfer and for us to remain patient. As they accessed my account, they also realized that they made a mistake because we were not supposed to get the buy-one, get-one deal when the first phone was bought on Jump on Demand. In order to correct my account, they made us pay $50 additional dollars to satisfy the down payment amount for the Equipment Installment Plan (EIP), and they also changed our Magenta plan to the Magenta Plus plan, which we did request. We were unaware of the change to Magenta Plus until we returned to the store two days later on 3/17/21, because my wife’s iPhone hadn’t activated with her phone number yet. By 3/19/21, my wife’s phone still was not activated with T-Mobile, after Verizon already released the number and the plan was still Magenta Plus. Our problems failed to be resolved, therefore we returned on 3/19/21 to the T-Mobile store at the Millenia Mall to express our dissatisfaction to management and to request a complete refund on the items bought. The store manager agreed to return the entire amount we spent on the devices without charging a restocking fee. Before leaving the store, we made sure to remind them to close our account because we did not want any recurring fee on our checking account. They assured us the account was terminated and that we would not receive any further fees. They told us to not worry about anything else. On 5/1/21, I receive a charge of $224.25 on my account, making me overdraft significantly on my account. That same day, I called T-Mobile to inquire as to why I was charged if my account was closed on 3/19/21 and I no longer had the T-Mobile iPhones. They continued to explain that they were not going to refund me my money because this was a pro-rated charge that I supposedly owed for the month of April 2021. This was impossible because I closed my account on 3/19/21 and was no longer using their services. I demanded to speak to a manager, and eventually they agreed to return the $224.25 to my account INCLUDING the $35 overdraft fee my bank charged me. On 5/1/21, I received a refund for $35 from T-Mobile but I never received the rest of the $224.25 that they promised to refund me. I waited for a week for that money to be refunded but never saw the money back in my account. I called back 5/7/21 and re-explained the situation to multiple T-Mobile customer service representatives. I was eventually assured that the refund would be processed and within 72 hours I should see my money back in my bank account. A week passed and I still did not see my refund in my account, so my wife called on 5/14/21 and spoke to multiple T-Mobile customer service representatives, and AGAIN was assured that we would no longer have to call T-Mobile for the refund because the issue would be resolved and the $224.25 would be placed back into my account. They placed another refund “request” and had me wait for my money. On 5/19/21 we call AGAIN, only to find out that the refund request had again been denied. T-Mobile has taken much needed money from me for an account that I closed on 3/19/21 and now refuses to refund me money that I rightfully own. Every time we call and get ahold of a T-Mobile manager on the phone in attempt to get the problem resolved, our phone call magically fails. I am the only person who works in my household due to the COVID-19 pandemic and this situation has paced my family in a very unpleasant financial situation. I would like T-Mobile to return my $224.25 that they took from me for an account that THEY failed to close on 3/19/21 when we requested it of them.

CM Butler, MO

I have constant issues with service, data, tower which is located a few miles of my house. I have used technical support and they do they same thing to refresh to tower and explain tower issues.I had been suggested new phones and a cell hotspot which they do not provide. I had to look for one to purchase. My connections with calls and data are not up to standards even doing what was suggested. I am bed bound and need reliable service. I have connection issues to make a call. I have issues of calls being delayed to people I call even after I hang up. I have consistent dropped calls. Messages aren’t received by others for hours. Customer service is better in ways than others but have issues of correct documentation and notes not being documented for correct services to be provided. I would give zero if possible!

Lisa Lynn Butte, MT

Really negative 14. Forced to choose one star. Tmobile experts my left toenail. 3rd time not a charm. THEY LIE. Say "free" to close the deal then you get a $275 bill for the "free" equipment. Billing wrong and over charged EVERY single month. Hours on the phone twice a month to correct. I was told it was corrected and here comes another outrageous bill for products and services that I never ordered or received. Don't Don't Don't fall for it. They are horrible!! Hidden charges??? You bet in spades. All three experiences with them over 10 years exactly the same. Oh! And let's not talk about their 5g network that drops calls and crashes your phone internet. They are "expert" rip-offs and liars. Straight Talk. No issues and very affordable and fabulous customer service. No taxes, hidden fees, wrong billing, hours on the phone with dummies, dropped calls and service coverage better than anyone else that I've used. 83% of reviews are bad. Go figure. Have an awesome day ya'all!!!

DaretoExpose Las Vegas, NV

T-Mobile is just as bad and the Internet Service Providers by selling compromised cellphone as a sale. T-Mobile Android cellphones are compromised and design to eavesdrop on their customers, causing frequent dropped calls, low or no signals although your are standing next to their cell tower. You will also receive denial of service if you complaint to loudly or to much. Overcharge for data never used, cloned calls due to their illegal wiretaps on the service of targeted victims. Verizon will trick their customers into signing 2 year contracts, then near the end of your contract, your cellphone is compromised, this is to force the customer into purchasing a new cellphone with another 2 year contract for compromised services.

Alfreda Days Atlanta, GA

T-Mobile Is The Worst Company I Have Ever Dealt With In The Whole Wide World The Person That Owns This Company Has No Value In Their Customer's That's How Money Hungry These's People Are They Hire Illegal Immigrants Or Foreigner's To Work For This Company Take Over Companie's Like MetroPCS Allowing Their Employee's To Degrade American's Especially The Black Customer's I've Been With Metro PCS Since 2003 It Wasn't The Best Company At Least You Had A Voice T-Mobile Bought The Company Out It's Like Being On A Plantation Your Paying Bill With No Respect I've Had Every Plan On My Phone It Buffs All The Time Good Example My Billing Date Is On The 4th Of Each Month My Phone Is Buffing By The 12th Of Each Month Data Does Even Roll Over I Intentionally Did Not Use My Phone In February Black History Month To Prove A Point The Data Is Not What They Say It Is When I Called Them On March 3rd 2021 The Representative Said I Used Up All Your Data And I Kept Telling Her Over And Over For An Hour I Didn't Use The Phone In February But You Used Your Data That's when I made The Decision After 18 Years And The Last 6 Year's Arguing With T-Mobile I Made Decision I'm Not Going To Pay People To Degrade Me And Disrespect Me Every Single Month I'm Working Class We Don't Have Money To Give To Rich People 👎👎👎👎👎

Marcus Anderson-Yeager Indianapolis, IN

T-Mobile raised my phone monthly service fee, I switched service in the middle of to keep my same number (30 years) to Consumer Cellular, didn't use ththe e full month. Then T-Mobile tried to charge me for the next two months, when I disputed the charges on my credit card they charged me a $20.00 fee each time. I filed complaint with the Indiana Attorney General, found out they were charging me for a phone I paid cash for, They reversed the charges, but didn't take away the dispute fees of forty dollars. T-Mobile wrote the Attorney General that all was settled, then they charged me another $23 dollars on my credit card and turned my account over to a collection agency for the $40.00 dispute fees. I was told that everything was clear now, we will wait and see, the attorney General is not happy and refused to close the file. Horrible service and a scam overcharging and trying to scare me with a collection company. Stay away from them. T-Mobile dispute this post I have all of the information

Deb Metcalf Meridian, ID

T-Mobile at first appeared to be a step up from Verizon's shoddy customer service. I was able to set up cellular services with T-Mobile and have my phone numbers ported quite easily via phone with their representative(s). That always seems to be the easiest part when attempting to obtain any service - T-Mobile is not an exception in taking potential customers hard earned cash and in a prompt fashion. Their reps were courteous, friendly and appeared to be quite knowledgeable — again, a step up from Verizon. However, and stay with me here for this is almost amusing (emphasis being on almost), T-Mobile sold me cellular service for an area that they do not provide cellular coverage for. Yes, you read that right. They obtained my location information, verified my location information and then sold me a package for non-existent cellular services. What?? Now I am in the process of finding yet another cellular company that does indeed provide cellular coverage for my area. Third time lucky it's been said. We'll see. There is an issue on the table here of the money I paid this company for the activation fee for such non-services. The first rep I spoke to said she couldn't refund an activation fee which led me to speak with a supervisor. This supervisor initially said the same thing — stating she was as high up in management as I could go to have this issue resolved. She was it. Excuse me? - I think not. As usual, I persisted and between her speaking to her management team (of which I was just informed didn't exist), they were able to circumvent the inability to refund the activation fee to my bank account by issuing a pre-loaded debit card for the activation amount that I could use anywhere as a debit card. This said card is "supposed" to be mailed to my home address — but "be advised it could take some time arriving". I am a bit hesitant to believe that said card will actually arrive considering that this same company told me their cell services covered my area, sold me a cellular package and took my money quickly in the process of doing so. Are they to be believed or not? That remains to be seen. This supervisor, like so many other sub-par businesses, was apologetic that I was sold such services but I grow weary of such glib apologies from such companies. They are not the ones spending countless hours having to rectify issues that have arisen solely due to their very own ineptness. It is far easier to give lip service than to get on the horn and have these issues resolved in just as quickly a manner as they were in quickly extorting good money from their customers. I told this supervisor that I would be filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission for Fraudulent Business Practices - for selling services to consumers that simply do not exist. Her reply was that it was not fraudulent. Pardon me ma'am, but this practice has fraud written all over it unless I am mistaken in the meaning of that word — which in this particular instance, I think not. There's also the issue of my spending even more of my good money in purchasing a T-Mobile compatible phone, but we won't go into that issue for fear of this company turning tail and hitting the road running. It would be highly unproductive for me to waste my time attempting to do so. At the beginning of this review I stated T-Mobile's customer service appeared to be a step up from Verizon Wireless customer service; however, Verizon never sold me cellular service they were incapable of providing. If you have to make a choice between these two I would suggest Verizon. At least you would have cell service while attempting to resolve your issues of which Verizon will inevitably drag out. If you can avoid these two companies altogether then I would highly recommend going elsewhere for your cellular services. There are many to choose from. Do not settle for sub-par services. You are not at their mercy and you are deserving of quality service.

Tonya Heath ,

We have had nothing but trouble with T Mobile since Sprint merged with them. We upgraded our phones with our "free upgrade" and got charged $300 for each one ($900 total). Got that mess fixed after MULTIPLE calls. They were taxing us for THREE different cities, we lived in one. Got that refunded. We qualified and got the Govt Employee discount for hubs phone, tax exemptions, and the Freedom Plan for the other phones. And yet, they somehow kept removing both discounts and our tax exemptions AND changed our plans with our consent "to a cheaper (for them not for us) plan." THEN said they had no record of us applying for the discounts/exemptions! BUT miraculously found it when I confirmed we had the email stating they received it and it would be applied. THEN our bill shot up every month over $100-150, same song and dance every month. Only last time I spoke with a supervisor and told her I would not be remaining as a customer if I had to call them every single month to correct our bill. She "guaranteed" me it was fixed and would not change and gave me an exact amount it would be. BuT, SAME THING THIS MONTH. Only now, another "supervisor" said there was "no way our bill is that price." And argued with me that the Freedom plan wasn't removed when it clearly said "canceled" though not by us! After a lengthy discussion, him basically calling me a liar, saying they "had no record of anyone guaranteeing that and that my bill was correct" and me explaining that we never authorized anyone to "change our plan" and that breaking a guarantee/making changes to our plan without consent would be a breach of contract costing them more than us, they somehow confirmed I did indeed speak to someone. (Imagine that?) And all this after I KEPT saying it was a PHONE CALL not a chat. Marvin couldn't get past the fact I CALLED not chatted with them last month. He kept saying he couldn't "find" my LAST phone call. Not hard since it was my last interaction with them. Even said the "discounts I got last month were a one time thing." No, they were refunds for over billing! He said I paid one amount when the bill clearly show I paid a different amount. Now we DO have that "low price" for a year now because they DID record the "guarantee" we were given by the other supervisor (who was great) and it is contractuaĺly valid for 12 months, even though they believe it was in error. BUT NOT A SINGLE APOLOGY from Marvin, the one who said I was wrong. Removed over $2500 in over charges the last 3 months! At least it gives us time to pay off our last few credit cards and change companies. Never had these issues with Sprint. And we will not be staying with T Mobile. Worst company we have ever dealt with. ALWAYS ask for the conversation transaction number and keep it. Always check your bill. They remove discounts every month that are supposed to be for your entire contract. They conveniently lose any applications you file on time and can't ever "find" conversation from previous calls. Always call. Don't use the chat unless you screenshot all of it. Can't wait til we leave. They broke the contract so many times we can legally walk away and owe them nothing after only a 4 months with them. They can't get a single thing correct. Never had problems with Sprint. Worst merger ever. Worst customer service. Will NOT be staying with them since legally we can leave our contract without repercussions.

TL Owosso, MI

Horrible experience! I was going to switch to them but after them wanted a ridiculous deposit decided not to. So the guy at the store front cancelled the set up and order. Or so I thought. They keep taking money out of my bank account for a service and phones that I don't even have! When I call customer service I get the run around. If you ask to speak to their supervisor they hang up on you. The actual store front tells you they cant do anything because on their end it shows cancelled and locked. Total Scam! Worst experience I have ever had with a phone service. What they are doing is illegal, I have a feeling I am not the only one going through this. Maybe they should have a class action law suit or something started against them.

Lawrence Falls East Falmouth, MA

Extortionists. The "service" they provided was a memory chip they sent me that caused my I-phone to crash literally rendering it useless until the T-Mobile chip was removed. Tried help from customer service and they couldn't figure it out. They changed my phone number when I asked to keep the one I had. Then when I tried to cancel their service they sent me on a wild goose chase from store to store to finally cancel after a week of trying. And then after all of the trouble their "service" provided me they send me a bill for $254.69 which is twice as much as they initially said the "service" would cost, then threatened to report me to the credit bureaus. Sounds like extortion to me. I tried to submit a picture of the bill but it exceeded memory requirements (5MB).

Joel R ,

The worst coverage I’ve had in 20 years. Terrible customer service (apathetic, mechanical, written scripts). Because of the terrible coverage, we need to get a new carrier. Then we find out what the scam really is. When We signed up for a no contract, unlimited plan, I was going to pay cash for my phone. Salesman told me a number of ways it was better to pay it over time. I bought his lie. I have no contract, but it cost me 800 dollars to terminate my relationship with this provider. 400 of it was punishment fees for leaving t mobile. Worst experience in telecommunications I’ve had. 2020 MoneyTalks news article rates t mobile and sprint as the total disappointment they really are. Out of 33,000+ consumers, it is the worst rated company on all fronts. And all the employee “support”are poor performing, disinterested individuals.

Rich Sanford, NC

Switched from Verizon to T-Mobile for new IPhone Promo and perceived better pricing. Not enough signal at my home needed a Cell Booster. Lots of area around me with poor service. Areas with 4 bars of 5G no faster and sometimes slower than Verizon 4G bases on SpeedTest by Ookla. Video in text not supported. Beautiful video is downgraded in size to become such low quality they are unwatchable. I text a lot of video's to people. They can text me full quality 780P Video I cannot send them any. You get what you pay for. I regret going with T-Mobile. Customer Service works really hard to make you happy. They are good people. Company over sells its services in Marketing. I mam an unhappy camper.

Danny Ortiz Commerce City, CO

I have had a Sprint Business plan for over 8 years. The service has always been so so but the price and store assistance was decent. After a while a business account rep was finally assigned to me. I wish she wouldn’t have. No sense of time when it comes to responding. I’ve been waiting tmfor months for credits for over charges, weeks to even get an email or phone callback from 2 reps that are supposed to be servicing my account. I can’t even get a phone canceled or ordered without jumping through hoops. Stay far away from T-Moble/Sprint business. They have terrible customer service and ethics. Maybe I’m not a big enough client since I only have 28 lines with them.. Switching to AT&T

Bruce Baker Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I cannot strongly enough discourage any and all to avoid the new T-Mobile. First, I was T-Mobile customer years ago and I was very much impressed by their customer service. I moved to a new location that had a worthless T-Mobile signal, so I had to switch to AT&T. Years later, I rejoined T-Mobile. Despite their promises that they had a good signal, it turned out T-Mobile had a very inadequate signal at my new address. After 7 months of waiting for T-Mobile to provide the promised signal boaster, they told me to find another carrier. They were unwilling to compensate me for 7 months of crappy coverage. When I left T-Mobile, my ex-wife spun off her own account, which was supposed to include her phone on her line on which she was making payments. That same afternoon, I went online to pay off my balance. T-Mobile had left her phone on my account. I called immediately, and they agreed they'd made a mistake. After 30 days of them not being able to actually make this phone go to the ex's account because their computer system has/had a glitch, they offered to just give me a credit to zero out my account. The next month, instead of a credit, T-Mobile doubled the charge. After many, many, many calls and countless hours of my wasted time, as well as a letter to the department which handles disputes, I was sent to collections. Sadly, the company I had switched to was Sprint because their coverage map showed great coverage where I live (BTW: the area where I live has no access to broadband, so my phone is my only access to the world), but what their coverage map showed wasn't true. A few months later (right after Sprint and TM merged), the closest tower to my house went offline due to a part that is indefinitely backordered with absolutely any idea by Sprint/T-Mobile when that tower will work again. No compensation for this either. I went to Verizon. When I tried to pay off my Sprint leased phone and close my account, T-Mobile did everything within their power to keep my account open so they could continue charging me. You cannot cancel your account in the app or online. You MUST call and wait and wait and wait to talk to someone who will tell you that you have to call another dept, and start the whole process over. That would be bad enough, but even after you find the right dept and tell them to close your account, they refuse. You must provide irrefutable justification as to why, and they deemed my experience with them as not enough - so they just kept putting me on hold, transferring me around, and asking me over and over what they could do to keep me from leaving. Did NOT matter to them that my number was already ported to VZW weeks earlier. I spent hours on the phone, chat, and in the store before they would close my account and agree to stop charging me for service I was not getting or using.

Tavius Hurd Memphis, TN

I've been a T-Mobile for a while their service is good but there customer service and convenience needs extreme work I'm one of their prepaid customers who have to pay their bill using the website instead of simply logging into the app plus I have to constantly pay for a new sim card when I need one. I will be switching to Verizon soon because they allow their customers to pay through the app. They don't care whether you are prepaid or postpaid. T-Mobile wants customers but isn't looking out for their existing customers.

Jayla Thomas Jacksonville, FL

T-Mobile has the fastest service with the most coverage. Their customer service can be a little overbearing at times, but overall T-Mobile is a great company.

Lizzy Puentes Tallahassee, FL

T-mobile is a good phone service. You do get what you pay for. The plans are fairly affordable and the T-mobile Tuesday perks are a plus! I have good signal everywhere I go for the mot part and the data is very efficient.

Janice Scott Bixby, OK

We chose T-Mobile because of their rates and international plans. We left T-Mobile after a year because they lied to us about several things: 1. They aid that our area didn’t have good service but that improvements were being made to correct those issues within 1 month at the most. Those improvements never happened. 2. They told us that we had to upgrade to new phones when we transferred from ATT. We found out that that was a lie. This lie cost us approximately $1900. 3. We were told that if T-Mobile couldn’t provide us with service in our area they would release us with no additional phone fees. Again a lie: we had to pay approximately $700 to leave T-Mobile for Verizon. 4. Even after paying phone fees that continued to lie when we attempted to transfer our phone #’s to Verizon. T-Mobile stalled almost a week in unlocking our numbers which violates government policies. THIS IS THE WORST CELLULAR COMPANY EVER WITH THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE (EXPERTS ha!) I’VE EVER DELT WITH IN MY 25 YEARS OF HAVING A CELL PHONE!!!!!

Mirtha Hiram, GA

NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS NUMEROUS TICKETS PLACED BY TECH SUPPORT AND STILL NOT RESOLVED. PHONE 1+8 DOESN'T WORK WHEN YOU ARE PLACING A CALL TO ANOTHER 1+8 PHONE. Joined TMobile in July to take advantage of the 1+8 phone at 50 percent off. I purchase 2 of the 1+8. One for me and one for my husband. Ever since I joined in July calls between both of our phones only work 25 percent of the time. Calls to other people is ok since they have other type of phones. Problem is calling each other on the same brand and model phone 1+8. I've been complaining every few weeks and Tech Support has been writing "tickets" but the problem is still there. Technical support keeps saying there's an issue with the software of this 1+8 phone and they are working on it with the manufacturer. I've been hearing the same excuse for 3 months. You hear a silence for 30 seconds then go to voicemail. Other times one of us cannot hear the other when by a miracle the phone rings and goes through. We end up having to text. Check the history on BOTH phones and you'll see the same number dialed repeatedly because we are unable to establish communication. We are in our 70's and I'm staying at my daughter's because I had surgery 2 weeks ago.he's also 70 and is incommunicated at our house not being able to call us in case of an emergency. TMobile deserves a rating of -0 Now you are replacing both phones with the same brand as the one we already have and DON'T WORK when you try to make a call to the same type of phone. RIDICULOUS!!!

Nafiseh Salmani Niasar Centerton, AR

I was a sprint customer since 8 years or more, recently I changed job that t-mobile BYOD plan was offered for my employer. I called to use that promotion, first they made me to create a new account in tmobile and transfer all of my numbers to tmobile (while sprint and tmobile were merged) . No! it wasn't easy I become a tennis ball between these two sprint and tmobile for days and hours. After couple of weeks trying different methods of calling sprint , calling tmobile, going to store, trying online I eventually made the transfer happen once I stayed in store for a whole day with the store rep trying to get someone to help the transfer by phone. After that the process of creating BYOD account was done and then transfering my old numbers from normal tmobile account to this BYOD account started. I have been calling them , everytime being transferred to multiple people and explain things over and over it is been 12 hours yesterday 4 hours, this morning 4 hours and another 4 hours on the call with them to make my phone number transfer from one account to another. Everytime they promise me it will be done in couple of hours and then it is not done yet!! very frustrated with the customer care and the whole organization! no one reads the record of the other person, if the call gets disconnected no one calls me back! and they have been making me to go through the same process with a new set of reps again and wait on the line for 30 minutes every time.

OG187phxaz Tempe, AZ

I've had t mobile for over 6 years and they never seem to let me down when it comes to issues with my plan, phone and or service. I've finally had enough and decided to share the final straw. I have a Samsung galaxy s20 ultra which from day one has not worked properly. My service is terrible, I have to constantly retry outgoing calls, incoming calls go straight to voice mail, text messages don't send, can't receive messages, and when I finally do get some type of decent service messages will come in 6+ times. I'll have full bars and no service, 5g signal but slow to no internet connection. Extremely frustrating paying for a 1500$ phone with cell service to use as a wifi only device. I have contacted t mobile numerous times to resolve the issue and over the past 8 months have been given different troubleshooting methods that never resolve the issue. Finally yesterday an associate tells me it's a software issue from Samsungs end, which is a little confusing to me, seeing how I never heard of these issues with other carriers on the same phone. They only offered to have me trade in my phone for a lesser phone. Or pay more money for a better one. Not taking into account that I paid about 600$ on this phone already. Which is extremely unfair to pay for a phone for so long that has not functioned properly. T mobile has given me so many issues I try to be understanding but this is it. I would not recommend T mobile to my worst enemy. Such a failure of a company. Taking so many steps backwards acquiring sprint who has the worst cell service out there even worse than budget services. Suck it T mobile!

Alex Gibson Kennesaw, GA

HORRIBLE CRIMINALS! They LIE about EVERYTHING just get a dollar. Their rep STRAIGHT UP LIED to my face and said my phone would be unlocked (so I may use w/another carrier), as long as I paid off the ACCOUNT BALANCE. She said she would have her manager expedite the request and have my phone unlocked in 2 hours and that she would call me back personally to see that is was unlocked. She did call back, but the phone NEVER unlocked. When I spoke to 2 different reps, they told me there's an EQUIPMENT balance (which the previous rep I spoke with NEVER mentioned) of nearly $400 that has to be paid before they will unlock the device. T-mobile was already charging me $147/month for a SINGLE (ONE PERSON) phone line, so that tells you enough right there. I just decided to switch data to the FREE NEW CELL PHONE furnished by AT&T (which offered me BETTER cell phone plan for $80 LESS and month than criminal T-Mobile. GOOD RIDDANCE, I WILL NEVER EVER USE T-MOBILE SERVICES EVER AGAIN AND WILL MAKE SURE EVERYONE I KNOW DOES NOT OR DROPS THEM ASAP.

george ce Euless, TX

I dont have much complaints for the the 15 year I ve been with them 2002- 2015 and 2018 till now, but I have noticed twice so far that they literally make up false charges on your account, especially when you are signed up for a automatic payment withdrawal every month. And if you dont carefully watch what s going on, you will miss and they will keep on stealing from the millions of clients they have. this month i was $30, next month could be $3 but it still a theft. This month I was charged $138 instead of the $109 I am supposed to pay. I immediately noticed and called to see what s going on and I was informed that they did some changes on my account (unauthorized of course, and without my knowledge) and this is why my bill was $30 extra. They apologized and issued a credit,. this is the second time I caught them cheating by making up false charges and they always apologize and refund them. But the only reason i noticed was because both times was amounts over $20. If it was something like $5-$10, I d never noticed. This is a SCAM, a theft, Be careful with them! Always watch your bills. If I catch them once again, I am done for good with them.

David B Danbury, CT

After 15 years, my relationship with t mobile is over. Yesterday I called in to upgrade my phone. I was told of an offer that I agreed with...but they would not mail me the new phone, I had to go to the mall in person to complete. As we are in the mist of a global pandemic, that seemed problematic. At the mall, after waiting in line with mask, I was told that was not a valid offer and would have to move to a new contract at a much higher cost. At home again was told not to worry, go back to the mall and have the manager call in to verify the deal and that there was a notation on the account to satisfy the manager. At the mall I was turned away again with the admonishment that “ customer service will tell you anything to get you off the phone and in the store”. After 2 visits to a Covid hot spot mall, I now need to self isolate from family for 14 days, as a family member has a compromised immune system do to cancer. T mobile has gone from ‘cool to cruel’ I will now try a new plucky upstart company called Ting with fingers crossed.