T-Mobile Logo

7.5

LAST UPDATED: November 24th, 2021

Our 500+ verified T-Mobile reviews give T-Mobile an average 3.5/5 stars, placing it among the top cell phone carriers. T-Mobile ranks well for all of our consumer sentiment criteria:

• Value for your money
  • Quality of product or service
  • Customer service
  • Company trustworthiness

T-Mobile is unique in that it will match a customer's corporate, affiliate, or military discount up to $15 for single lines and $30 total for two or more lines.

A bit about the company's background:

T-Mobile, founded in 1991 and located in Bellevue, WA, is the United States-based operating arm of T-Mobile International AG, providing wireless voice & messaging services and data services. The cell carrier operates some of the largest wireless networks in the U.S., reaching 99 percent of Americans according to the company. It has a market of over 45 million customers and over $20 billion in revenue every year.

A new merger between T-Mobile and Sprint is in the works with the introduction of 5G connectivity.

T-Mobile is known for its signature comprehensive cell phone plan, Magenta, which includes bells and whistles like unlimited coverage in Mexico and Canada, Netflix at no charge, and unlimited video streaming at 480p resolution.

AT&T Logo
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.8
TracFone Logo
#4 TracFone chevron_right
3.9

The Good

• Quality of Services and Plans
  • New Phone Promotions
  • Phone Financing Options
  • Good Overall Customer Service
  • Affordability and Special Pricing
  • International Network Coverage

Quality of Services and Plans

T-Mobile has three straightforward unlimited cell phone plans:

1. Premium unlimited plan Magenta Plus

2. Signature unlimited plan Magenta

3. Basic unlimited plan Essentials

Magenta Plus includes maximum perks and benefits:

• Unlimited talk, text, and smartphone data
  • Free Netflix with 2-screen access
  • Taxes and fees included in advertised pricing
  • 2x data speeds and texting in 210+ countries and international regions
  • In-flight texting and unlimited in-flight Wi-Fi use
  • Unlimited HD streaming at DVD quality (480p)
  • Unlimited talk and text and some data in Canada and Mexico (up to 5 GB of 4G LTE data)
  • Mobile hotspot data
  • Name ID
  • Voicemail to text

In addition to the contract plans above, T-Mobile offers prepaid plans with data, calls, and texting to suit each client's needs. Magenta benefits are available as a prepaid plan for domestic only or for domestic and international.

All data plans include some degree of mobile hotspot data up to 20GB with the Magenta Plus plan. T-Mobile's smartphone mobile hotspot, also known as Wi-Fi sharing or tethering, allows you to share your smartphone or tablet's internet connection with another Wi-Fi-enabled device using T-Mobile's network.

New Phone Promotions

T-Mobile frequently runs promotions for new device purchases - generally the newest iPhone and Android OS models - as an incentive to purchase a plan. AutoPay and trade-ins are generally required to qualify for the iPhone and Android phone promotions.

With T-Mobile, you have access to the latest and greatest in phone tech. T-Mobile's inventory includes the latest phone models like the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus with 4K video capture, a dual 12MP + 12MP + 12MP rear camera, wireless charging, and "all-day intelligent" battery life or the Samsung Galaxy Note9 with super AMOLED display, expandable memory up to 1TB, and biometric unlock.

To use your current phone (if compatible) you can purchase a SIM card to set your phone up in T-Mobile's network.

Phone Financing Options

The customer can either pay for their services in advance or they can pay as they go. This makes the credit check nightmare of a contract plan obsolete.

There are some credit-based possibilities for covering the price of a new phone, however. If a customer cannot afford one of the more expensive phones up front but can pass a credit check, they can pay for the phone in payments over time. If a customer, under this agreement, decides that they no longer want service through T-Mobile, they are responsible for the remaining balance on the phone.

Good Overall Customer Service

Our verified consumer reviews below are generally positive regarding T-Mobile's attentiveness to customers. From a different third-party review perspective based on customer satisfaction surveys for the past several years, T-Mobile has been recognized as the best customer service provider within the cell phone industry by JD Power and Associates. The company is also recognized for its outstanding care in the customer care category.

Affordability and Special Pricing

T-Mobile is known for its overall affordability. The phone plans available offer data plans comparable in price to that of other providers without requiring long contracts, though auto-pay is required to obtain the best deals.

Customers are never charged overage fees because they simply cannot use their data after they have reached their monthly quota. With most no-contract carriers, there aren't unlimited data pricing paradigms in their data plans, but T-Mobile is the exception. In addition, the unlimited data plan from T-Mobile is significantly cheaper than the 100 GB plans offered through competitors.

In addition, T-Mobile offers special pricing for customers 55+ which can be applied to two phone lines in a plan and includes all of the benefits of T-Mobile ONE. Active and retired military members and their families also qualify for special pricing.

International Network Coverage

T-Mobile also has extensive international service in over 210 countries and international regions. In fact, it is one of the few wireless providers that includes international data and texting at no additional cost, which is far above many of the other contract providers in the industry.

Customers can access their account easily, speak with an online customer care representative, or use their text messaging to monitor their monthly services for international texting as well as other stats.

The Bad

• Cost
  • Limited Device Options
  • Equipment Installment Program
  • Tablet Limitations

Cost

While T-Mobile provides high LTE speeds, Wi-fi hotspot options, and entertainment perks that are unavailable through other mobile phone carriers, its plans are more expensive than that of several competitors. In this case, it's true that you get what you pay for.

Limited Device Options

The company carries the most popular device brands, including certified used phones, but doesn't sell everything: T-Mobile does not offer BlackBerry phones and or Windows phone models.

Equipment Installment Program

Something to point out is the policy regarding the Equipment Installment Program. If a customer chooses to discontinue their service with T-Mobile, they are responsible for the remaining cost of the phone if it was purchased under an Equipment Installment Program. In some ways, this is a tactic to keep customers on T-Mobile's service without forcing a contract.

Tablet Limitations

With T-Mobile, customers can only use tablets with data capability that can be converted into a hot spot. These max out at 11 GB of data per month and do not suit the needs of customers who frequently use a tablet as a hot spot for a laptop computer or other device.

The Bottom Line

T-Mobile is a strong carrier for those hoping to avoid long-term contracts or hidden fees. Though not perfect, the majority of T-Mobile customer reviews reflect positive user experiences and the company is known for its low prices, no overage fees, and other controls in place that keeps the cost competitive for the customer. Prospective customers can expect the following with T-Mobile:

• Different plan options to cater to different preferences
  • Unlimited texting, talk, and data
  • No long-term contracts
  • Portable Wi-Fi
  • International texting included
  • iPhone and Android phone promotions
  • Financing available and overall affordability
  • Discounts for seniors and military personnel
  • Netflix subscription

T-Mobile is rightly among our top-ranked cell phone providers. Read customer reviews below to learn more.

View Best Cell Phone Providers

3.6

jay baby Auburndale, FL

What’s the total week ago that I will be receiving a phone and a call I haven’t received none ask for corporate’s number Unfortunately I was told by corporate that they’re not taking any calls as of October 1st Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy Customer service likes to act as if the customer is lying and their representatives are right when they know the calls are recorded and monitored and they can pull the calls and listen to them. I have spoken to three representatives and the manager and they saying that they don’t see an order placed when I was promised that my phone will be coming tomorrow all I was calling them for what is the tracking number because I haven’t received a true email.

Aleta Mitchell Tampa, FL

With are experience with t mobile I do not recommend them. We have not had a good experience with them. They tell you one thang and do another. I was told they would help use with are new phones, well it has been a headache ever since with broken promises and useless phones that turn off and lose all are settings, pictures ect. And dont charge half the time. I have called multiple times got the same response every time. I was told that they would take the cat s 62 phones off my bill and give use the phone so that we could get working phones. Only to have to keep calling and complaining because they have not dont what they said they are going to do.

Jeff Graves Long Beach, CA

I've been on tmobile for about a year or so and have had miserable service thus far . Only reason I've been on this far is only because of the other line ,girlfriend ,anyway We recently got upgraded to a samsun a 32 ,let me tell you ain't much of an upgrade pretty much the same as the a10 model nothing new at all except for the fingerprint security an that's it no bells n whistles same crap plus service has been way worse being the second line I haven't had service on this phone since we got em I'm on my girlfriends hot spot ,customer service is not helpful i ll at all we go back to the store they take out the Sim put it back it an call the office phone it rings then they hand it back saying "it's working ",an as soon as we leave no service ,call customer service on HER phone they tell us "there's a ticket" ,I guess for the maintence people,'an we have to wait 3 days now ", okay 4 days still no service call customer again now we got to wait two more days for a whole other phone . WTF AND THE 5 G IS A JOKE DOESNT WORK ANYWHERE WE GO ,in fact that's the first thing they turn off in the store to try to get service ,guess that works cause then their able to call their office phone otherwise forget it . For as large as this company is you would think service would be guaranteed, NOT,and customer service is abismol at best they do not try to help at all going to a different carrier A.S.A.P DO NOT BY FROM THIS COMPANY 5 G IS NOTHING BUT A GIMICK TO SELL MORE PHONES NOTHINGS FASTER AT ALL AND IT ABSOLUTLY DOES NOT WORK IN DOORS ANYWHERE NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO

louie reynolds Houston, TX

i cancelled a line in september cause my daughter move to another state and had no service i go into a store cause of promotions they are offering and they tell me i could not get the promotion cause it has been less than 90 says since i cancelled another line i would have to pay full amount and a 100 dollar deposit i dont think they care about there loyal customes ive been with them 13 years i pay for 6 lines a monthe which is around 400 a month so i am going to be looking into a provider who values there customers

Waheed Abdullah

I will never suggest someone to go with T mobile, they never explain things clearly and later they charge u for nothing, I just got iPhone 13 pro max and they told me you only have to pay only 36$ a month and same time they deduct from me 100$ For sales and plus 101$ on bill, anyone who still want to go through T mobile make sure ask them about all charges just to make Sale they just lie

Cybertoe Niagara Falls, NY

T-Mobile recently changed insurance carriers. The new company is terrible! I spent 3 hours on the phone with them and ended up losing my chit. One of my phones glitched out. I did nothing to it. They said I'd have to bring it to a store since it was a manufacturer's defect. I explained that all the stores in my area that do repairs are permanently closed (zip code 14303 if you want to check yourself). The only way I could get a new phone delivered was for me to agree that it was a physical defect (ie. my fault). Then they wanted a $49 deductible. For a $189 phone. What a rip-off. The reason I have such a cheap phone is because they refused to repair my more expensive one that had a similar problem. I think T-Mobile is selling subpar equipment and making money off repairs or "new" phones. I can't wait until my contract is up!

Joe Clarksville, TN

It has been the worst service i’ve ever had. That’s about all I have to say. Don’t be fooled by their false advertisement. 5G doesn’t work most of the time and we have no service at our home. We’re switching back to our previous service.

Stephanie Wilms Mason, OH

On Sep. 23rd, I went to my local T-Mobile to upgrade my phone to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3. 512G. This is my experience.... My local T-Mobile store had a promo to upgrade from my Note 10+ to the Z fold 3 for a $1000 trade in. GREAT DEAL!!! I had to pay off my Note 10+ which was $116. I also had to upgrade my line to Unlimited Plus, $10 more monthly. I also paid $30 to upgrade, and $235 for taxes on the new phone. I paid just south of $400 after all was said and done. I have a receipt that they emailed me that proves it. I left with an installment agreement in place and a delivery date of 3-4 weeks. It is now Nov. 8th and I do not have the phone, nor is there a delivery date anywhere in sight. This is the best information that I can get after going to the store 2 times, talking with the store 3 times, chatting with CS 2 times, and talking to CS on the phone 3 times. I have spent a total of 9+ hours trying to get information regarding ETA. The main issue is, (BUYER BEWARE) after the purchase is made at the store, the info is sent to shipping. When the item is "picked" and it is time to ship the phone, an order number is created. When the phone is actually shipped, the customer receives an email with an order number so as to track the shipment. Until the order is shipped, NO ORDER NUMBER EXISTS. This means, no one, and I mean NO ONE has any information regarding the order. So, now, I have been waiting since Sep 23rd and as far as T-Mobile (store, chat, and CS by phone) goes, there is LITERALLY no way to track the order. It lives in limbo. No one can help me. I have been a human ping-pong ball for the last 3 weeks, trying to figure out when or even IF I will receive the phone. CS by phone had a hard time even finding any information at all about the phone. Chat never found information. The store seemed a slightly better alternative. Today, I decided that I am done dealing with this. I just want to get a refund and be done. No. Not happening. It is impossible to refund an order that doesn't exist. Except, it does exist since I paid money, have a store receipt, and even have an installment agreement number. I spent 48 minutes on the line with customer service this evening, and after waiting on hold while the rep tried to figure out whether or not I had purchased a phone at all , I was hung up on. Yes. Hung up on. Maybe accidentally, most likely deliberately since we both were getting pretty frustrated. I received no call back. I called them after spending 24 minutes on the phone with my local store who pinged, or is it ponged? me to them. After waiting 10 minutes for CS to call me back (surely we were accidentally disconnected, right?) I decided to call the store again. This resulted in a 20 minute conversation with an employee who informed me that I could not cancel until the phone ships. You know, because I do not have an order number. This story has many, many details that I would love to share, but to avoid this becoming an ACTUAL novel, I chose to put the most relevant info in this message. The juicy stuff, those details, make me want to throw a brick through my local store's window. But, I won't. Instead, maybe I should file for a paycheck for the many hours of being ping-ponged. And, maybe I should file an expense report for my mileage. Ha Ha. Loyalty only flows one way with this company, and I assure you, the customer is not on the receiving end. So, here I am, writing this and basically copying and pasting it to every single review site I can find because I have no other recourse. I cannot cancel the phone that may never come. I cannot get my money back because I cannot cancel. I cannot get a different phone because I have a lease for a phone that I don't have possession of. I am literally in limbo. And, they don't care. Not even a little as has been evidenced by the many calls, chats, and in-person visits that have gotten me nowhere. Apparently, there is a black hole that exists in their universe. Your money, your time, your inability to move forward, are all sucked in. And, T-Mobile has no idea how to find it. Literally no idea. Who knows, I may not even have a phone on order. They cannot tell me I do because there is no order number. What if I wait 3 more months and no phone comes. Will they be able to refund me then? No. I don't have an order number so you cannot cancel something in limbo apparently. I asked how long I should have to wait. I was told however long it takes - because there is a chip shortage. Well no **** Sherlock. I get it. But, now that I know that, 7 weeks later, 3-4 weeks longer than I was told, I would just appreciate my money back and the phone "order" canceled. But, there is no order number. Therefore, there is no order. Therefore, I cannot get my money back. I guess I will remain in purgatory. Maybe for 2 weeks, or 2 months, or 2 years. Who knows, they sure don't.

Stacey Yardis Tacoma, WA

I wish I could give 0 stars. I was hoping when tmoble took over sprint things would get better, but they got worse. I provide a phone for mother who lives in another state. She had to upgrade because of the 3g going away and she had an S7. This is already hard for her to learn a new phone. So I buy her an S20 FE cash and have it sent to her address. Let her know she can go to the store and they will help her with everything. Well, they won't. She has to figure out how to do it on her own. The reason is because it is a sprint phone and all the sprint stores are T-moble now. What BS. And knowing the CS reps I have talked to on the phone this will be a nightmare for her. I AM DISCUSTED with this so called CS. This was just the last straw in a long line of being lied to and misled about plans etc. I will be canceling service as soon as it suits me to do so (stuck in a buy one get one trap) I will also be posting more on any social media app I can as T-mobile obviously doesn't give a care about its customers. Take my advise. Verizon is the way to go. Even their pricing lately is comparable.

Consumer Product User Amsterdam, NH

I have been a T-Mobile customer for more years than I would like to admit. They lost my family and I as customers today. We have been living in the Netherlands but we still need our USA numbers for Credit Cards, Banks, Relatives etc. I've been able to pay my T-Mobile bill all of these years (6 of which have been FROM THE NETHERLANDS) and (long story short) as of today the best that their customer service representative could do was ask me if I had a relative in the USA that could pay the bill for me! I am a 56 year old male, and they told me to go "ask mommy" to pay my bill?!!!!! Good bye T-Mobile!

Neon Killer St Louis, MO

I live in the country and since T-mobile doesn’t work well out in the country it is unreliable and has cost me and my brother multiple job opportunities because of how unreliable it is. Please don’t get this service.

Stan from Kazakhstan Kent, WA

I've been customer for over 8 years. Never asked to replace my phone. And now first time I have problem with the phone and they not helping me out. YES I have this fake protection which they selling you. JUMP . So I decided to jump to another carrier

Diana Wright Provo, UT

I have been with Sprint for the past 15 years I’ve been able to get service most anywhere I go since this merger I have lost service in some of my most favorite areas and nobody absolutely nobody at T-Mobile can tell me why were there unwilling to fix it it just sucks that I have this nice expensive phone and I cannot use it everywhere like he used to I tried to tell the store and customer service that I used to have service and now I don’t and they act like they don’t believe me that I used to have service there because they say there’s no service up there

Brian St. Petersburg, FL

Terrible customer service for the business side. The people migrating people over from Sprint have absolutely no Idea how to do there jobs. 25 hours of my time and 4 months still not done! Still in a semi workable Limbo with no end in sight. So many promises broken. I was just told that our 18 line account wasn't big enough for a manager to help with!

Patricia Montalvan P.A. Miami, FL

HORRIFIC experience after being a loyal customer for many years . I had the Worst customer service, today, October 27th at 1:15pm (Easter time) was threated by the manager under the name Joe or Josh. Today, I reported a signal issue that I have been having a for a long time and he ended up telling me that I should pay more that I was not legible for a corporate discount and never gave me a solution. I tried to call again but it looks like he is the only manager working today at this shift. HELP!!! #HELPME Anybody knows who can help me with the signal issue? Also I would like to report this manager before I change to another phone company following his advise.

Alton Lasiter Montgomery, TX

TMobile overcharged my account for not returning a damaged phone that was replaced. After many calls, the phone was finally located behind a bin at the return location. TMobile then placed a credit on my bill for the amount that was charged in error. As a result of the bad experience, I switched carriers. Several months later, TMobile has yet to refund the overpayment. I've spent hours, with promises of refunded the money, yet nothing. Every time I call TMobile for help, expect to spend over an hour on hold trying to speak with a reprentative, that will promise a refund but so noting.

Ronald Diggs Ellicott City, MD

If I could leave a 0 for the tasting I would! I was a customer of T-Mobile for over 6 years. Within this last year I've I've had the worst is the worst customer service, comma customer experience experience than anyone could imagine could imagine. In May my Samsung device stopped working. I called them to customer service since I have insurance on this device and have been paying for insurance for over 5 years. They provided to me what they call a warranty exchange so I got another device say model. I connected the device to my phone line and a day later the device stopped working. I called T-Mobile again and explain that the device was not working so they shipped me out another warranted device. The same day this device was connected it was not working either. After receiving 2 defective warranty exchanges I called back into customer service and requested that they do something different. I ended up getting a new device. The representative that I spoke with in customer servthe thing customer service advised me that the device which was $800 would be broken down into installments and added to my account. He reassured me that there was no need for me to do anything else because he would follow up and take care of everything. I never received a phone call from him again and on my bill was an $800 charge for a new device. Not only was this charge on my account but the 2 defective warranty devices that I returned to T-Mobile they charged me a non return equipment fee to the tuna $560 per defective phodefective phone. Now my T-Mobile bill is $1900!! I made several attempts to get this resolved to no avail. When I spoke with customer service it was my local customer service out of Richmond ,Virginia. Customer service advise me that unfortunately I unfortunately I spoke with outsourced customer service who is really not is knowledgeable of what really can be done and what cannot be done. My response was I called T-Mobile whether it be outsource or in the States it is t-mobile. I requested that they honor what was offered to me and they simply apologize and said that they could not. Again this began in May and I made well over 50 calls to date to try and resolve this issue. I got nothing but the run around and the it's run around and the only thing they were concerned with was me paying them money towards this outrageous bill. Speaking with customer service some of them were very apologetic and understood I requested a number of callback's from supervisors and management and that never never happened. I'm sorry perhaps once a supervisor returned my call. She said that she returned my call and left me a voice message.. I never received that voice message. Is this comment or review would take well over an hour and a 1/2 if I told you about the agony that I endured in its entirety. I will wrap this up. Just this past week I spoke with a supervisor in regards to my concerns. I was calling to find out if this back office team his office team had begun to review my account because my payment was coming due. The supervisor Wendy advised that it takes 10 business days for this group to review accounts accounts and issues and issues. Since my concern was a payment coming up what she did was agree to place what they refer to as a financial hold on my account to allow allow this back office team to review my concerns. She did this because this team you cannot speak to them directly you have to write them and mail it using snail mail or if you're lucky you will get their email address. My payment was due on the 20th of the month and she scheduled a follow up call to me on Saturday which is the 24th. Yesterday my services were canceled middle of the day. I called customer service, 2 hours into the call getting nowhere. What I can advise you is that no one is on the same page no one takes accountability no one take accountability for their errors with t-mobile. What they do well well is apologize. And I'm granted there's more details in what occurred with me however I gave you the nuts and bolts be careful T-Mobile is out to make money by any means necessary. Their customer service team specializes in miss information and good luck on trying to get it straight and a resolution that is fair to everyone. I would not recommend anyone to this company!!! Stay Away! It's funny...AMAZING NOT AT ALL!

My horrible t mobile experience Southaven, MS

It was the most horrible experience I've had with a carrier. I ordered the phone online and the sales rep done nothing but lie to me. I told her I wanted the larger phone and asked what the difference was between iPhone 13 pro and 13pro max. She said they were same size and only difference was the max had a better camera and cost more so I opted for the 13 pro maxing I had a 800.00 trade in so I wouldn't owe anything for the phone. I received the regular iPhone 13.I was so upset I called and it took another week for them to tell me I would have to pay full price for the Promax. I'm sending phone back today. I guess they think they can take advantage of Senior citizens.

Billy Nguyen Portland, OR

Having been a T-mobile, Verizon & AT&T customer. I’ve had the benefit of comparing all of the major US carriers and here are some of my thoughts & experiences as a T-mobile customer for the past year. Pros: - A pretty good value depending on your market. - Their customer service team seems to try a little bit harder than most of the major carriers. - T-mobile Tuesdays is a pretty sweet perk. Cons: - Data throttling will leave you extra frustrated in times of need. - Service can be patchy in areas even if you live in a large urban metropolitan. - Doesn’t value users data hence the bad rap with many data leaks. I scored a great discount with my employer which ultimately was the main motivation to switchover to T-mobile. Perhaps the deal was too good as I got overzealous and added on my in-laws to my plan too. That changed my rate plan. After more than a total of 60+ hours working with customer service for a couple months, many unfulfilled escalation tickets, and manual bill credits. We were able to revert my plan back to the correct discount. The straw that broke the camel’s back was the data leak that left millions of customers personal information exposed and for me, that was not worth the headache. Not too mention the data throttling in times of need that would make loading just the Google landing page impossible. As I cut my relations with T-mobile after getting back my plan to $62/month for 5 lines (I know, it was a really good deal but not worth the headache to deal with T-mobile’s shenanigans) My final bill came out double what I usually pay although I cut my service 2 days after the service period. After calling the so called T-mobile “Experts” they were able to see my past billing payments and price but weren’t willing to make one final bill adjustment to reflect that previous monthly rate. That left a sour taste in my mouth about their business practices and I can confidently say, I will never consider T-mobile’s services for my wireless needs nor will I ever recommend their service to my family, friends and even enemies.

Arleen Faulk Garden City, SC

Horrifying I had to call repeatedly they continue to tell me the problem was resolved no worries the problem was not resolved no matter what I said no matter how I said it they would not listen to me they did not know what they were doing they did things that were not resolving the problem wasting their time in my time completely it literally not figuratively but literally reach the point that I got sick I literally got sick from distress and frustration of trying to get T-Mobile customer service to do their job and solve a problem that was actually at their end spent hours on the phone got nowhere nowhere at all I'm still not sure the problems resolved I'm scared to check and see if it is

Lazarus Wald Blacklick, OH

Few months ago, due to the fact that I had to travel, I bought a 4G wireless internet access point device from t-mobile. I had to drive to a local t-mobile store in order to purchase and enable the device, and while at the store I was asked to create a pass code (basically a 4 or 6 digit number). Upon my return from my trip, I called t-mobile in order to deactivate the device given that I did not need to use anymore for the time being, and while on the phone I was asked for the pass code (they could have used several other personal information but they only would accept the pass code) and once I provided the pass code the agent stated that it was incorrect. The agent then indicated that he/she could sent me another pass code to a device but since mine was an access point device and not a mobile phone that this option would be possible, and that in order to deactivate the device I would have to go to a local t-mobile store. Given the big inconvenient and opportunity cost that would represent for me having to stop everything I was doing in order to have to drive to a t-mobile store and once arriving there having to deal with the situation, etc, it took few days to be able to go to the store and resolve that issue. It has been some time, so I do not really remember clearly what took place at the store; but as far as I can remember I explained the situation to the store employees and they asked for my id and made me call t-mobile from the in order to talk to a t-mobile agent over the phone to resolve the problem. I explained to the store employees and the agent over the phone that I would not pay for the excess days (and I did not use the device during that period) that was incurred since my first attempt to deactivate my device over the phone at home. As far as I can remember the agent over the phone was unwilling to extricate me from that unfair situation, but I made clear that I would pay for any excess charges. Anyhow, I asked the agent over the phone to deactivate the device; the agent then offered me the option of permanently deactivating the device which would then require me to buy a new sim card in case I would reactivate it in the future or temporary deactivate the device for a few months which would then allow me to use the same sim card once I decided to reactivate the device, I then choose the latter option. As aforementioned above, the excess time that was incurred since my first phone call and my second trip to the store simply was not resolved, and I have no intention whatsoever to pay for it for obvious reasons. Few weeks after my second visit to the store, I received another bill from t-mobile by regular mail showing another bill for yet another month thus indicating that my device simply was not deactivated – which was the primary reason for my second visit to the store. I then proceeded to call t-mobile yet again from home, then they asked yet again for my pass code which I provided (I created a new one on occasion of my second visit to the store), and they told me yet again my newly created pass code was wrong therefore they could not help over the phone and I would have to go a local t-mobile store in order to sort out the problem. Suffice to say that I did not go to the store and simply ignored the problem altogether given that I believe that I took all reasonable and necessary steps to resolve that problem. Wasting my time over the phone with t-mobile in one or two calls was as far as I would go to take care of this issue from that point on. Since I am not t-mobile’s driver I really do not see myself going back to their local store yet again. As of now, t-mobile is sending me collector letters (by a debt collector) in order to collect a debt that I really do not owe. To be quite frank and blunt, it really seems that t-mobile is making extremely difficult for people to deactivate or cancel accounts on purpose in order to overcharge them for services that they simply did not use. Ultimately, t-mobile is really practicing unscrupulous and unfair schemes in order steal people’s money.

Aaron Hansen Salt Lake City, UT

Switched from Verizon to T-Mobile about 6 months ago. I’ve dropped more calls with T-mobile in the last 6 months than I did being with Verizon for 6 years. It’s bad…really, really, really bad.

BoerboelsHappilyEvaAfter Wilmington, NC

If I could give negative stars I would. Had me on the phone for over 2 hours with 3 different people- called back twice after 2 hung up while they put me on hold. Called back and the same thing. Worst customer service. Unacceptable!

C Griff Troy, MI

Tmobile is a joke. They had to give me a credit twice for their towers being completely down, so they raised my bill that month for "government and taxes fees." I didn't end up getting any credits bc of the random bill hike. We got a home internet device from them, returned it, they said they never got it. We have called them 7 times and showed them the ups tracking shows we sent it back, they have opened multiple investigation reports and have never figured it out. They think owe them $200 for a device, but the truth is they owe me $75.

Tim Fisher Strongsville, OH

I have spent over 4 hours trying to get my number ported over and complete the reimbursement rebate. It has been one of the worst display of customer service I have ever encountered. I am now on hold waiting for a manager to pick up the phone. If you are considering going with T-Mobile-DON'T. Don't believe the hype they are spewing about their service...it sucks. I am now on my 5th customer service person and have yet to come across one that can help. I am going back to Verizon!!!

Krishna Shrestha Killeen, TX

BLUF: don’t choose T-mobile. It’s a hassle not help for service you would like to have. There’s far better companies than it. Worst customer service. Privacy protection = zero. My phone number was Outported without any notice and authorization. I spent a weeks talking to t mobile customer services staffs(not helpful) wasting my time and energy. They got my number back but not completely. Now I am dealing with different number for text messages. Network connection okay

SgtGMT New York, NY

Sprint customer that is now with T-Mobile. Since T-Mobile took over our reception is horrible. Went to port over to T-Mobile but there are zero promotions for Sprint customers. It’s as if they don’t want Sprint customers. T-Mobile customers have many offers. I for one will not accept this so I am switching to Verizon. I recommend all Sprint customers do the same. Maybe when enough of us leave they will wake up.

Phil Maconi Freehold, NJ

For 20 years I had awesome Sprint service. People used to ask why I used Sprint. It was because their service was superb. No dropped calls, excellent customer service, great phones. T-Mobile buyout brought the worst service I could imagine. My phone has 1 line on its reception meter...always. Calls are dropped two and three times per call!! This is not because of a cheap phone (Samsung Note 20 Ultra) x2, 2 iPads, and 1 iPhone 12. ALL have no service. I was told it was because I'm right on the edge of service. ?? I'm in one of the most populated places in the State of NJ. Tech support tries to bull**** you with "reset your phone". it does nothing. They have made every excuse under the sun. They tout 5G nationwide service.....except in one of the most populated states in America. Best ever reason for no service..."if you live around a lot of trees your service may not be good" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. T-mobile is GREAT in Kansas corn fields I guess. Laughable if I were not paying them over $500 a month! I would suggest a long string and two metal cans before I recommend them. By the way, this is not just from when they merged with Sprint. I know a celebrity athlete they gave FREE phones to. Rather than use them because ", they suck!" they signed up with another company so they could make calls!! True Story and quote. I am actively looking for another carrier regardless of costs or fees. According to my bills from T-mobile, I assume there wont be much difference. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with regarding cellphone service. As a side note, I started using cell phones as soon as they became available to the public back when it cost 2000 a month for service. I can speak from true experience. THE WORST.

Nelson Charlotte, NC

It hurts me that I have to give a star I give 0 service is horrible I was lied to about what I would be getting con job for the love of all things good stay clear of their mifi box offers they lied!!!! About it I was told I get 100 gigs at 5G and then unlimited at 4 G lte 300mbps not true it cut me if at 100 gigs then I spent 3 hours on fone with so called customer service only to get bounced from billy to jack got no help so I canceled everything am just thanking god I never ever have to deal with company again lies to make the sale they are horrific never again buyers beware …. They get staff to write reviews to so don’t trust them

Mr. Tuddlah Rosman, NC

If I could a turd... Take my word in stead of a TURD, T-bumble is THE WORST carrier I've ever been with. I was them for 5 maybe 6 years and it just never got any better. Right near the end my phone bills came to over 300.00, ridiculous. After I left Tmoble, they wouldn't unlock my phone so I could get another service, I had to go to track phone, get a different number. They put me through hell. I Lost customer's because of this. The reps in their stores treated me like shit when I tried to get my phone unlocked. Please don't waste your money on these guys, they're full of it. Take your business elsewhere, please , these guys are nothing more than a scam. Don't do it.

Joan Kinsey Lincoln, NE

Having to switch from Sprint, after being with that company for over 2 decades, T-Mobile has been nothing but a nightmare. I have businesses trying to contact me saying my phone is not working. I was dropped 4 times during a 30 minute attempted call with my daughter in Connecticut, who is also on T-Mobile. I constantly get an "emergency only access" message, having to restart my phone for service. Constant drop calls. I went to the local office here in Nebraska and they switched out my SIM card with no improvement. On our neighborhood chat, there are numerous complaints about the exact issues I am talking about. We have a "family plan" w 5 phones, 4 out of the state of Nebraska, so changing service providers will be expensive and a real issue for us. Calls into their customer service are nothing but a sales pitch, I didn't really feel like a valued customer. It feels like they are reading from a script trying to show "concern". I cannot express how disappointed I am with T-Mobile's service. I also am not impressed with the "Amazing!" box at the bottom of this review. Clearly it was put there by T-Mobile. Please get your act together!!!

Jason R Lacey, WA

Upgrade to the iPhone 13 Pro ON US up to $1000 on eligible trade in. ON US. In the United States, ON US means free. Drinks are ON US means we pay. The ad implies that current customers, such as myself, can upgrade to the iPhone 13 Pro FOR FREE, because it is on T-mobile. (FREE to me) This is deceptive, in other words, FALSE ADVERTISING. Having an iPhone 8 to trade in gets me $85 (in monthly bill credits over 30 months). That is no where near $1000 and in no way is this upgrade going to be FREE to me. I currently have 4 phones, 2 Smart watches and an iPad on the account and have been with T-mobile for many years. Imagine my disappointment. :( Now, this evening, I see a tv ad for NEW customers, no trade-in required, simply port your number from your current carrier over to T-Mobile and get the iPhone 12 ON US. This tells me that NEW customers can get the iPhone 12 for FREE. What can I do to upgrade to the iPhone 12 as a current customer??? I would have to pay for the phone. Even at half price, which the representative on the phone implied was a legit offer, this is not FREE and not fair to long-term T-Mobile customers. I have canceled the pre-order for the iPhone 13 Pro. I am more than dissatisfied with T-mobile. And THAT is ON THEM!

TT Detroit, MI

Absolutely the WORST customer service experience I have EVER had in my entire life with ANY company by far! Started as a T-Mobile customer in February 2021 thinking the merger with Sprint would provide better coverage and customer service. In April, I was “sold” the benefits of the wireless Internet service for $60/month which was set up on automatic payment tied to my credit card…for some reason, the store created a new account for this service rather than add it to my existing account (extra commission?). I tried to get it to work in my home but it could not maintain a signal. I returned it to the same corporate store in which I purchased it from in early May 2021. At the time that I returned the unit I had a $140.00 credit balance on the account. I was told that the credit would be applied to my wireless account. This never occurred…and despite the return, I am getting monthly bills to this day and being charged $60/mo. I called T-Mobile customer service back in May and was told I need the account PIN before they could speak with me…I told them that I never had a PIN. They told me to return to the store (40 miles away…each direction) and show them my ID and they could reset it in the store. I traveled to the store, I was told that was not anything they could do…I called customer care while in the store and the store manager informed the advocate that was not something they could perform. They went back and forth for an hour with no result. Customer care saw the return, but wanted ME to verify where the product went AFTER I returned it to the store. I traveled back to the store and put the manager on the phone again…with no solution. This has gone on like this now for four months…and T-Mobile STILL is charging me $60/mo and NOW IT IS HITTING MY CREDIT CARD…which now I need to report fraud as T-Mobile refuses to stop charging me, refuses to discuss my account with me, refuses to refund my money and credit! This has been a complete nightmare that I have driven over 1,000 miles and wasted 20+ hours trying to resolve…and not getting anywhere! Being an Attorney, my next path appears to be litigation…maybe that will get someone’s attention!!!

RonP Lake Isabella, CA

Make sure they give you what they promise. T-Mobile advertised an unlimited-data plan with a one-month free trial of their service. . I signed up, requesting SIM cards for my iPhone and two base-station phones (wired phone using the cellular network). I asked if I could use the iPhone WiFi Hotspot feature with my computer and they said I could. They sent me three SIM cards, one with talk and data for the iPhone and two data-only SIM cards for my talk-only base-station phones. Naturally the data-only SIM chards were USELESS for my talk-only phones. I called their support center (over an hour wait to get through) ,they told me they would fix it. The next day the cards had not been switched so I called again, only to be told me that I would have to wait until the end of the billing month to get the SIM cards switched (after the end of the "free-trial"). They sent me a survey form about the call -- and I let them know I was not happy. A supervisor called me and had the SIM cards switched to talk-only in a few minutes. Note that each of my calls to their support center started with a wait time of from 30 top 75 minutes. Eventually everything worked ok for a few days, then the data on the iPhone slowed to a useless crawl (even the Google home page timed out). Another hour-long wait time to contact their support center -- only to be told that the "unlimited" data plan does not include the WiFi Hotspot Why didn't they tell me that during the initial sign-up when I first asked about it? Was that omission intentional? I cancelled the service four days before the end of the "free trial" month. A week later they charged my credit card $71 for this "free trial". I called the support center again ("only" a 30 minutes wait this time) and they said they would look into it. After two months, there has been no response from T-Mobile and no refund. I missed the deadline to contest the charge with my credit card company. I have gone back to my previous honest, well-organized, and friendly service provider, Consumer Cellular.

Pat West Covina, CA

Negative stars if I could. I was with Sprint before and had less problems, now that they took over, cell service at my home dropped like a Rock. No service, can't call out, no text consistently at my own home in a big city. Take it I don't live far far away with no cell towers. They keep this up and there business will be shuttered not now but down the road if all customers experience these things constantly. I am seriously thinking about switching after being with Sprint for 15 years. It almost sounds like they want us existing customers to leave, well keep this up and millions will. BAD CELL SERVICE AND TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE BEING TOSSED AROUND.

Frank Ragsdale Houston, TX

My experience with T-Mobile reminds me of the cell phone service in the 1990s... shoddy at best. The ONLY redeeming feature of T-Mobile is their relatively low monthly service charge. However, I remember my mother's advice... "You get what you pay for." When living in Fort Worth, once you go 15 miles to the north or west, you have NO phone service! You are only saved going to the East and that is only because Dallas is to the East. Once you pass Dallas, T-Mobile is back to service IF you are IN a city or town but extremely spotty signal if you aren't. From their ads, you expect this to be different but you must learn to expect the unexpected! An example would be driving in the car with the family. Often, the front or the back seat will have signal but the opposite location will not have a signal. Today, while driving from Lufkin to Beaumont, my wife, in the front passenger seat had signal but I, the driver, had no signal. We had to run the GPS off of her phone. For this reason, when we took a trip from Fort Worth to Utah, I bought paper maps because most of the way, nobody in the car had a signal. My daughter has Verizon and when sitting next to each other on the couch... she has 3-4 bars and I have only 1! Phone customer service is almost as bad... it's just the "luck of the draw". I'm living in the country, now, and if the winds are right I get 2 bars signal, max! I called and was told to go to a T-Mobile store and get a "signal booster". I drove the 50 miles to the NEAREST T-Mobile store only to be told that I had been given the wrong information... I can only get one by calling the same people who told me to go to the store. I asked the rep, who answered AFTER A 25 MINUTE HOLD TIME, for a "signal booster". After an interrogation to "confirm" who I am... she asked, "Why do you want a signal booster?" I thought it was a trick question! Why do people normally sit 25 minutes waiting... and another 5 or so minutes answering all sorts of questions for a signal booster??? I said, "To boost the horrible signal?" She said she'd write down that response, as though it was not the usual reason for a signal booster. At the end, she said, "I don't want to give you any false expectations but you might get the signal booster in 2-3 weeks" I started laughing... "You mean it could take longer?!?" She answered, "Well, we only get them when the company manufacturers them." Now, please tell me where "verified" customers give T-Mobile a supposed 3.5 rating??? Did the employees call or write in?? The T-Mobile mantra over the years I've had their service and have complained about it is: "We're working on it. Just us some time." It HAS to be written for every phone rep to see because I have endlessly heard that excuse! Once, they had someone who "claimed" to be a T-Mobile engineer call and speak to me and even HE gave that line go me.

Rachael Mahue City of Saint Peters, MO

Very quick to shut off service if you are a couple days late. Not understanding to people's financial situations. Had a very rude customer service rep tell me they'd be happy to remove me as a customer

Ss D Vero Beach, FL

extremely bad experience with T-Mobile.. staff promises what they cannot deliver . They are unable to send an email to confirm what is promised . Each time you call to follow through on what was promised, you are informed that the last agent did not know what they were doing.. stay away from T-mobile for sure

Susan Hoover Lancaster, PA

My husband called to get new service for seniors with T-Mobile, I wanted to go to the store to order service but no he's very impatient so we ordered over the phone and and got screwed! Lady sent us to Wi-Fi's we didn't want at a hundred bucks a month and we went to send it back and they won't give us a PIN number or whatever they need so we're having a horrible time we spent hours and hours trying to get this resolved we are retired and cannot afford this! I'm about ready to call lawyer

Chuck Zander Stonington, CT

I don't have any service at my home. They check and say my area is covered. It doesn't matter when you have no signal on your phone I find that they don't empower their employees or supervisors to help you. It's ridiculous that I have no service and they won't let you out of the contract. Before T-Mobile I use AT&t and has three bars. I would stay away from T-Mobile. They also promise Netflix but they can't get back that to wwork. They are providing me with a T-Mobile booster but they have none in stock and do not know when they will be back in stock. Stay away!

RAY MILLER Northfield, OH

I have been with the T-mobile for over 5 years. They only offer a new phone if I add a new line or if I'm a new customer. I talked too 2 different managers and they promise to call back, they never do. Every time I call back it takes over an hour to get through. The last representative just keeps repeating their promotions. They then pass me to a manager and the whole process repeats. So I went to Verizon and received 3 free phones for switching from T-mobile,

Stephanie Carlson Chicago, IL

Ive worked with all carriers of cell phones through Samsung for 8 years. To migrate my sprint phone number to another tmobile account has been the worst possible process I've ever seen. They made me pay half of the bill for the next month. Even though we just paid a week ago. They keep giving me a new hoop to jump through when I've been trying to do this for two weeks. No one knows what theyre doing here.

Hosnieh Mahmoodi Aurora, ON

Customer service representatives are not knowledgeable. your call will disconnect after they put you on hold. If you call back you need to repeat your problem again. If somethings goes wrong with your line, Just give up and switch company. That is what we did. here is our story: Since we were going to stay in Canada for the couple of months, we changed our plan to unlimited data and talk and text to Canada and Mexico, My husband and I phone worked but the 2 other lines for my kids didn't work as soon as we crossed the border. First few days of our stay we were talking to customer service for at least 20 hours and no results. We had to switch our plan to use Bell Canada. Since me and my husband had to keep our line for work, we kept our line for longer. However, when I called to cancel our lines and get refund for the 2 lines we didn't use, we fell in the same trap.... talking to unknowledgeable rep, connecting to supervisor and disconnecting the line. I don't want my refund anymore. just don't want to waste my time with this company.

Michael D'Alfonso Santa Fe, NM

I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico and the service here is inferior at best. Their customer service was great at first and very diligent about getting my service to work better and kept recommending different phones to try over the course of 6 months. When it was finally obvious that it was not the phone(after trying 4 different phones) but the carrier, I left and they were great about it until 2 months later I started getting bills that made no sense. They charged me for 2 of the phones and never told me and also charged me for the booster they sent me even though when I asked them if there was anything else I needed to do to terminate, they said no. Hence, 2 months later, I received a two invoices totaling $900.00. I did not receive any guidance from them, even when I asked. It felt like I was dealing with a Used Car sales company rather than a reputable Cell phone carrier. Be careful what they promise vs. what they deliver.

RossA Columbus, OH

Local store people are great--company is terrible. We traded in my wife's iPhone8Plus that had always had a Zagg screen protector on--LCD was in mint condition, no lost pixel, working perfectly, no touch issues at all. Local assistant manager, Roh (who gave us fantastic, above and beyond service), said it was in mint shape. When we shipped the phones in for exchange for the promotional $830 back--at first it said it was all good. The only reason we traded in and switched is because we anticipated that our 4 iPhone 8's would drop in trade-in value significantly when the iPhone 13 comes out in the fall since the 8's were the lowest model that got the highest value trade in amount. So it was financially better, supposedly, for us to trade now even though all the phones were working great. Then the receiving depot for trade-in phones said there was a problem with the LCD and we weren't going to get the money. But they don't have any proof of the display being bad just a generic statement in a database, no pictures of a problem, no nothing, no proof. T-Mobile verified to me that the package got there in good shape. We shipped the phone in the bubble wrap provided by T-Mobile with extra cushioning inside the box and we left the screen protector on and the case still on just to be sure it was not going to be damaged in shipping (which it wasn't, and which T-Mobile agreed that it wasn't damaged in shipping). Then after objecting to the removal of the promotion with no proof and an assistant manager of our local store who said it was in great shape, they said that the promotion would be reactivated. Then a week later they said it wouldn't. And then they said, after re-objecting that they could get the promotion applied again. And then a couple weeks later finally they said it wouldn't and they couldn't and there was nothing else to appeal. I insisted on talking to the phone bank customer service manager who simply said, I'm not going to dispute your story of the LCD or what the assistant manager of the local store said or even that the LCD was in good shape, but, he said, there is nothing we can do about it. Then he tried to give me the line others had--"it must have been something you couldn't see on the screen that was bad." I've been working with computers for 35 years. I've never seen an internal issue with a screen that didn't cause a problem you could see. Really! The whole process took long enough that we were past the buyers remorse time period and besides, we can't get our old trade-in phones back anyway to trade in with some other provider, so we screwed and stuck being in a two year contract. We had already switched my mother-in-law to a T-Mobile hotspot and have consistently experienced in accurate billing and terrible wait times and terrible support when we call in for support for us and for her. For example, the limit on the hotspot we got her is 100GB a month. They said the first month she went over, so they slowed her down to 3G speed for the last 4 days of the cycle. But when we got the bill, the bill said she only used 93GB the whole month--so why did they slow here down when she didn't actually go over the limit? We've had that same problem 3 months in a row with her. I've had to wait hours on hold to get through--40 to 60 plus minute hold times each time I called in for billing or tech support for us or for my mother-in-law. We were going to switch my mother-in-law's phone service to T-Mobile, but we won't now and we can hardly wait for two years to be up so we can leave them and never come back. We've been with ATT on and off for 16 years and Verizon for about 6 years in the last 22 years. We'll stick with the companies who stand behind their promises and actually provide customer service. Too bad, Roh and the local team at the store I went to would get a 5 star rating from me. But if I could give the company a zero, I would. Their coverage, even where they say they have strong coverage and fast speeds is hit or miss. We live in an area of "strong 5G signal" an no gaps in service on their maps. But we've had more dropped calls with T-Mobile in the first 6 weeks than we've had in 10 years with ATT and Verizon. So don't believe their coverage maps either.

Karl Mickelson Colorado Springs, CO

T-mobile speeds are pretty good, when you can get any connection at all. Live in a well covered 5G area, and get 3 or 4 bars on a new iPhone, but can only get data about 50% of the time, or less. Phone calls go through, but DO NOT rely on any data service from T-mobile, even with a strong signal. They used to be quite good, but for last 6 months it's been abysmal. And I'm not a heavy mobile data user; generally less than 1GB/month, mostly well under. Ironically, I get the best data throughput when I'm in more rural areas, in this medium sized city, forget using your smart phone for anything other than a phone. You won't get your Uber ride, you won't find the best directions to your destination (unless you load it before leaving the house using your wi-fi), you won't find the nearest coffee shop, you can't even ope a lot of apps that require a data connection to even open, no weather forecast away from home, etc. They are cheap, but also in the sense that they do not provide good value for the money, low quality, etc. They are cheap because really mostly what you are getting is a phone service, so unless you still use a flip-phone, you are not getting a good deal.

Charles Lavery Hickory, NC

Poor signal and customer care service. I always felt I was being over charged for poor service each month. That's why I now have consumer services phone service.

Mechel Nixon Aledo, TX

I wouldn't recommend this company. !! Its too much to write down and I've been with them since they opened up. I've had my phone number for 21yrs . HATE it! They give you no respect for the amount of years .

Happyharpy San Antonio, TX

Had sprint, t mobile made us change our SIM cards. Now calls are dropped within 1 to 3 minutes. I’m in San Antonio, plenty of towers and only get 2 bars and bad connections.

Ljubisa Jakovljevic Sterling Heights, MI

Didn't have service with T mobile, just open account ,and cancelled couple days after, and T mobile charging me since. We called 10-15 times and all EXPERTS(????) promise that they closed account and they will not charge us .Today we received letter from collection agency ???!!!!