- Easy three-step process
- Great coverage in Pennsylvania
- Great Android selection
Indigo Wireless has a simple business model that makes it easy for prospective consumers to enroll and activate their new phones. Each customer follows this easy three-step process:
- Choose a phone: Customers can choose between basic or smartphones. The basic phone service starts at $29.00 a month while the smartphone smart share plan starts at $39.00/month.
- Choose a data plan: There are three different data plans for customers to choose from. All of this data can be shared through the “smart share plan.” For 1 GB it is $39.00, for 2 GB it is $59.00, and lastly for 4 GB it is $79.00. It is important to accurately estimate how much data you will need prior to signing up.
- Unlimited Calling and Shared Data: Customers get to enjoy unlimited minutes and text messaging as part of their share service plan.
Indigo Wireless has amazing coverage throughout northern Pennsylvania, with varying prices for individuals and families. Their individual plans are relatively standard, but their family plans, involving 2 GB of shared data, are a great value including unlimited calling and messaging. Customers can add a line if they currently have 4 or more lines for $10 more a month.
Indigo Wireless offers top-notch Android smartphones, including a Samsung Galaxy, and a Samsung Note. If you choose to pay for your phone upfront, a two-year contract isn’t required. Because Indigo Wireless pairs with AT&T and T-Mobile, their service is guaranteed throughout the nation. Their Smart Senior plan is the best bet for anyone over 60 who would like unlimited calling and messaging.
- Many fees
- Steep data charges
- Limited service area
Indigo Wireless has quite a few fees included, and they don’t offer any amount of unlimited data. Their website doesn’t include the chance to purchase a phone and a plan online either. To sign up for an account customers will have to call in to one of the stores, or their customer service. In addition, prospective customers should be aware of the following:
- Steep Data Charges: Since there is no unlimited data plan, if you go over on your data, steep fees will be applied
- No contract restrictions: If customers want to avoid singing a contract, they will have to buy their phone. Phone prices can be expensive since they will not be subsidized by the contract agreement.
- Limited Service Area: Indigo Wireless will not work for anyone. You have to live within the service regions.
Prospective customers are also required to sign a two-year contract unless you buy your phone outright. You also need great credit to be qualified for a two year commitment.
- They offer the Smartshare plan, which is a plan tailored to you.
- It is $39.00/mo per smartphone, and $29/mo per basic phone.
- Data is $39/1 GB, $59/2 GB, and $79/4 GB
- All plans include unlimited calling and messaging with a shared data plan.
- For plans with 4 or more lines, you can add a basic line for just $10/mo.
- They also offer a Smart Senior plan for Seniors 60 and over–$29.00 gets you unlimited calling and messaging. An additional $8.00 can add a spouse, and an additional $10/mo can add 200 MB to the plan as well.
Fees. Data overage fees are $19 per GB for the regular family plans. Data overage fees are $10.00 per 200 MB for the Smart Senior plan. There is a prorated fee for early termination.
Additional Services Prices They also offer home phones for $24 monthly, and you can save $10 per month when you add a home phone to your existing cellular or internet plan.
Contract Length—“Indigo offers a discounted price for the phone if the customer signs a 2-year contract agreement for service. If the customer chooses to pay the full price for the phone, then a contract is not required.”
Business started 1991
Company Selling Points They pride themselves on being the only GSM wireless phone provider in northern Pennsylvania. They also have nationwide roaming through AT&T and T-Mobile to provide national service to its subscribers wherever they travel.
Phone Selection (just a breakdown of what operating systems they work with):
- They offer Samsung phones (including Galaxy S5 and Note 3), as well as Motorola phones, Sony, Snapfon, Blu-Life, and CAT.
Ease of Use
For the website, you are not able to purchase plans and phones online, but are required to either call in, or go to one of their stores, located in Pennsylvania. The website is relatively straightforward, with good information, but the inability to sign up for an account online, unless you contact one of their locations.
Customer Support types You can either email them at [email protected], or call toll free at 877-662-3600. We were unable to get through to their customer service, but we were able to leave a message, and they got back to us that same day, and were able to answer all of our questions.
Their coverage map is located below. For coverage in Pennsylvania, they boast that they have twice the number of towers in Tioga County than their competitors, as well as when you travel, as Indigo is partnered with AT&T and T-Mobile for sites across the country.
Additional Features and services
Company contact information (Address, phone number, email)
64 Main St, Wellsboro, PA 16901
Phone: (877) 662-3600