Cleartalk Wireless, formerly Flat Wireless, LLC, started in November of 2007. They believed that wireless service providers and services should be simple. Cleartalk Wireless’s motto is “to provide the best value in wireless with flat-rate, no-contract, unlimited plans on a nationwide network, all for one low monthly price … it’s wireless made simple!” They offer a family plan with 4 users for $100 a month. They currently cover 275 million people across Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico and Texas. They rely on agreements with other national carriers, like Leap Wireless, Metro PCS, and Sprint, for some of their network.
- Straight forward service
- Great prices
- No long-term contract
Cleartalk Wireless is well-known for their straight-forward service and pricing platform. Their customers know what services they are getting and exactly what their monthly payment will be for those services. Cleartalk offers individual, multi-line, and mobile plans for their customer-base to choose from.
Cleartalk offers great prices for their unlimited plans, with an unlimited data, talk and text plan for $45 dollars. For a family plan, they have one of the lowest prices in the game, with 4 lines being under $100 a month. They offer customer service from 6 AM until 12 AM and offer many brand name smartphones, including Samsung and LG smartphones.
Cleartalk Wireless services do not require a long-term contract, and are flat rate-meaning that there are no surprise additional fees. Because they pair with some national carriers for their coverage, you can be assured that their coverage is decent coverage. Cleartalk also emphasizes that there are no data caps for their unlimited data on Cleartalk's 4G LTE network. They also have a current promotion that includes bringing phones from Sprint, Verizon, Boost, or US Cellular, with the ability to cut your bill in half.
Cleartalk Wireless offers several unlimited features as part of their flat-rate cellular services. These include:
- Unlimited local calling (all plans)
- Unlimited nationwide long distance (all plans)
- Unlimited text messaging (all plans)
- Unlimited picture messaging (all plans)
- Unlimited web surfing (all plans)
- Unlimited email access ($40 and $45 flat-rate packages)
- Unlimited instant messaging ($40 and $45 flat-rate packages)
- Unlimited 3G data for smartphones ($45 flat-rate package only)
- Limited device selection
- Quality of coverage
While Cleartalk Wireless utilizes a simple business model, there are parts of their service that do not measure up to the "larger" carriers. For instance, their device selection is very limited compared to the big name cell phone providers. Current customers have also complained about the quality of coverage. The best advice with this information would be to ask neighbors or co-workers who use Cleartalk Wireless how their service measures up prior to enrolling in their service. The key with coverage is to make sure that the areas you will use your phone in the most can get a quality level of service.
Here are a few things found that is not so good about Cleartalk Wireless:
- For their coverage, their coverage is spotty throughout the country, with most states only having a little bit of coverage. Their coverage is very limited on the west coast, with the east coast having a bit more coverage.
- Though they have a good selection of android phones, and even a couple of flip phones, there are no apple products available through Cleartalk Wireless.