Big River

Big River

Big River is a small, local company located in southeastern Missouri, and that services the mid-west area for internet services, as well as home-phone services and business communications services. Their motto is “making technology simple.” They’ve been in business for over 30 years and because they own and operate their own network, they provide best connections over the most advanced technology available. Big River focuses on providing customized solutions for telecommunication needs for your home and business.

The Good

• Affordable pricing
  • Great features

Big River offers a very low cost unlimited local plan that is perfect for those who only need a simple home phone service. They offer a few different communications plans, including internet, if you are looking for both as well. For their broadband phone customers, all of their plans include call waiting, call forwarding, 3-way calling, SIM Ring, Voicemail, Call Return, Call Block, and Caller ID.

The Bad

• Satisfaction guarantee for internet service only
  • One-year commitment
  • Expensive plans

Big River only offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee for their high-speed Internet service, not their phone service, and requires a one-year commitment as well. Their unlimited long-distance and local calling plan is quite a bit more expensive than its competitors, and there is also a fee for not setting up your account with an auto-pay account. Because they are a mid-west company, they only offer services in certain states: Washington, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania.

The Bottom Line

Big River is a great option for those who want to stick with a house phone plan. They have a very inexpensive local plan, and you can also bundle your Internet with them. They do not offer cell services, and are only located in the mid-west.

3 Big River Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

July 19th, 2017 Ballwin, MO

I recently received Big River's broadband service and thought I had an issue. Called Customer Support and worked with one of the technicians. Did not know until he reviewed my computer that I had a virus that was impacting my computer. I am not a computer expert but he worked with me and do not make me feel like an idiot. I appreciate that level of service. Great price but better support.

July 12th, 2017 Ballwin, MO

Service is excellent and they go places where other providers will not.

September 8th, 2016

The internet down right sucks. Constantly going out, running slow, or getting the "no internet access" message on ALL devices, so it's not just a problem with a laptop or phone. We are lucky to get a few good days a month with it. The phone service is terrible too. Have not had a dial tone in weeks! We don't use our landline, but it's nice to have, yet it doesn't work and we are still paying for it. After having dial up most of my life, I would take that over this "internet" any day! And it has nothing to do with a tower being too far away or anything either. The tower is literally on our farm property (technically my uncle's property) but it's about 1/5 of a mile away if that.