Stratford Career Institute Logo

Stratford Career Institute

Is This Your Business?
LAST UPDATED: November 29th, 2020

Stratford Career Institute was founded in 1991 as a privately owned educational correspondence school. The Stratford founders saw the needs of busy adult students and the value of distance education. With more than one million students enrolled, Stratford focuses on providing hands-on training programs for those looking for more education.

The program is designed to give students an opportunity to complete a high school diploma or receive a certification in the area of study of their choice, all from the comforts of their own home, in their spare time.  The Stratford Career Institute is not an accredited educational institution offering diplomas, but rather a career school for those looking to learn introductory skills on a range of topics.

Stratford Course Down Payment Total Cost

Medical Billing Specialist $20 $789
Legal Assistant/Paralegal $20 $749
Natural Health Consultant $20 $689
Small Engine Repair $20 $749

Keep reading for pros and cons of using this career certification company, plus Stratford Career Institute reviews from consumers.

ed2go Logo
ed2go chevron_right
2.3
Penn Foster Logo
Penn Foster chevron_right
2.2

The Good

• Course Offerings
  • Location Flexibility
  • Course Completion Timeframe
  • Simple Application Process

Course Offerings

There is no shortage of distance learning courses you can take through the correspondence school. The list of 62+ courses can be found on the institution's website and includes studies in a number of useful disciplines and subjects. Anything from forensic science to plumbing and a host of areas in between is available. Whatever your interest is, you're likely to find a course of study that suits your desired knowledge and skillset. Categories include the following:

• Accounting
  • Auto mechanics
  • Business management
  • Computer training
  • Cooking and catering
  • Drug and alcohol treatment specialist
  • Early childhood education
  • Electrician
  • Funeral service education
  • Medical billing specialist
  • Legal assistant and paralegal services
  • Natural health consultant
  • Small engine repair

A notable omission from Stratford's course offerings is any certifications in the dental field.

Location Flexibility

Going back to school or finishing what you started but didn't complete for whatever reason is a noble endeavor. However, doing it isn't as easy as it may sound. Not everyone has the flexibility and resources to spend hours a day in a classroom. Work and family obligations are barriers to this. But with Stratford Career Institute, your classroom is your living room (or whatever location you choose). The institute allows you to complete coursework where you're comfortable without having to be confined to a schoolroom.

Course Completion Timeframe

A lot of online and distance learning programs are intense and super-condensed into tight time frames. Six-, four- and even two-week courses are not uncommon. With Stratford Career Institute, you can take your time if necessary. Likely, you have demanding job requirements and family commitments. So with Stratford, you can take a course of your choice and spend the time you need. Usually, you can take up to two years to complete the course. But, if you're a fast worker or simply want to get through the course quickly and move on to other things, that's fine too. Take the time that suits you best.

Simple Application Process

Enrolling in a course is simple. The application process can be done online and can be completed in minutes and with a down payment of $20 or less. Within no time, you can be taking the first module of the course of your choice.

Most notable with Stratford is its open entrance policy. The organization says that any adult who feels that they have the potential and capability to benefit from a program should be given the opportunity, so you don't have to worry about impressing admissions officers with your resume including past vocational training or a degree. As a general rule, though, students should have a minimum of eight years of formal schooling.

The Bad

• Cost
  • Not Accredited
  • May Be Too Flexible for Some Students

Cost

Most certifications and courses are costly despite not being accredited. If you figure at a college or university, a full load is typically three or four courses per semester, it's easy to see that the cost of Stratford courses can be considered pricey. Plus, Stratford does not participate in government-sponsored student loan programs so you can't finance your course with those. However, Stratford does offer monthly payment plans with 0% interest.

Not Accredited

Stratford has no accreditation from any certified national or regional accreditation body. Generally, this means that any college or university will not recognize your diploma or certification. So, essentially, your course certification can be for your own personal satisfaction or simply for additional knowledge that may help you forge your own path in your current field or future career.

Any credits will most likely not transfer to a college or university. Other distance learning institutions may accept transfer credits, but that is solely up to the institution's discretion. If you are looking for an accredited opportunity to further your education via traditional college admissions, Stratford is not the best choice.

May Be Too Flexible For Some Students

The flexibility Stratford offers can easily be considered a negative, too. Unless you are a go-getter, self-starter, and self-motivator, the lax completion time guidelines can make it difficult to finish the work. It would be so easy for the average person to procrastinate or even completely set aside the work until it is too late. Distance educational programs aren't for everyone, so before enrolling make sure it will be worth it for you.

The Bottom Line

For the most part, Stratford Career Institute offers distance education programs to meet the vocational and intellectual needs of adult students.  Perhaps you weren't the most studious person in high school, or maybe life's circumstances didn't allow you to complete your high school studies. Or, perhaps you are looking for a certificate in an area of study in an effort to improve your job outlook or switch careers in your current industry or a completely new one. Stratford Career Institute offers a number of excellent ways to help you achieve your goals.

Be aware when selecting a distance learning course or attaining a certificate with Stratford that the organization does not guarantee employment after course completion.

Finally, past and current Stratford students give mixed reviews regarding the quality of Stratford Career Institute courses and customer care: read the reviews below to learn about specific experiences with the e-learning company, both good and bad.

2.5

Wendy Ghannam Aldie, VA

I am currently about half-way through Stratford’s Art Course, and I am very happy with what I have learned thus far. Being 70 years of age and after retiring out from the admin field after nearly 40 years of work experience, I found my beloved niche in teaching children how to draw about 10 years ago. Thus, I wanted to find a degree program that was affordable and expedient— I found it in Stratford and have never looked back. I have found their art instructors engaging and open in their critique of my submitted artwork. The fact that the school is not accredited never bothered me, because my aim is to start art schools across America for children who are sorely lacking in art programs—making it affordable for them as well. You need the desire and dream, as well as the Chutzpah to promote yourself in life—Stratford can only give you the rudimentary perimeters!! Thanks SCI.

Melanie Demers

I just completed my final exam in the Drug and Alcohol Treatment Specialist coarse and am now just waiting for my certificate. I am so impressed with this program. Although it took me a while to complete I am very content with the process and the results. I was well aware of the fact that it is not an accredited diploma but it definitely looks good on a resume and contributes to my other cegep diplomas. I am currently working in the field of addiction and I must say the material Stratford sent me was so helpful and detailed and gave me the extra knowledge I needed to be more successful at my job. They were so organized by sending me the material before submitting my final exam of each module so I NEVER had to wait. They sent me mail asking if I was ok when I had taken a bit longer with a module. The payments were automatic which made it convenient and so affordable. Overall I am very pleased and am looking forward to receiving my certificate :)

Alisha Lansing, MI

I took the Funeral Service Education course with Stratford Career Institute. I was fully aware prior to enrolling that the institute was not accredited. It is stated on their website that they do not claim, nor have they ever claimed, any academic accreditation. It is also states on their website that the courses they offer are introductory courses. I took the Funeral Service Education course to (1) make sure the funeral industry was the right field for me (2) to be able to go into mortuary college with a basic understanding in funeral services. I loved the modules and the materials. I was so addicted to learning that I was flying through the course faster than they could keep up with sending my books out. They made my books available online so that I could keep working before the materials even arrived to my house. I received an email stating that because I had already completed certain modules with the e-books, I would not be getting the paperback books sent to me in the mail for the modules that I had already completed. I like having physical books though and I felt like because I had paid for the materials already then I should still get them sent to me. I expressed that nicely to them in a response email and they agreed to send me the materials in the mail, so I was happy with their customer service. The diploma I received for completing the course was really nice. It came in respectful packaging to not get bent during shipment and it did acknowledge me for highest honors, as promised. I am now a mortuary student at Mid-America College of Funeral Service and will be graduating next fall with my associates in applied science. Stratford Career Institute equipped me with the basic knowledge I needed to feel confident with myself entering a highly respected mortuary school and played a big role in my decision to apply myself to the funeral industry.

Suyuli Miami, FL

Cheers to furthering my knowledge with critical information that is organized and beneficial for what I am passionated about. It is sad that this school that is less than half of the price of others had such a low rating from people who did not read the guidelines. They state very clearly that it is NOT accredited and that it is solely for the purpose of expanding your knowledge or providing you with new knowledge. Be mature people and own up to your misunderstanding. This school deserves good ratings so that people that do look forward to an inexpensive school to expand their knowledge will not be discouraged. Peace and love to all.

Donna H. Bakersfield, CA

I took the Bookkeeping course. I had taken an Accounting class at a community college prior 10 years ago and wanted to have an understanding of the entire bookkeeping cycle. Compared to the cost of the college(one book costing $300 for one semester, plus tuition and fees), this course was well worth the money. They do state at the bottom that they are not accredited. They are upfront with that, so I don't understand all the bad reviews about it. I can say that I was absolutely impressed with the introduction of the bookkeeping material, and all of the course work following. Everything was right on. The course was very explanitory throughout, as if talking directly with the instructor. The material was very easy to learn. I gained a complete and thorough knowledge of the entire bookkeeping cycle. If you choose books instead of the computer program, they do not charge more. The books were high quality. They were always sent out on time. They do send reminders in the mail to you if you haven't submitted an exam in a certain time frame, just to make sure you are coming along okay in the course. Never did I have a problem with this school. I am very happy with my education that I received. I am now self employed and know exactly how to handle my own books. Thank you Stratford Career Institute. Also, I received my diploma in the mail immediately after paying off the tuition.

Elaine Henderson Littleton, CO

I love Strattford Career. This is my second certificate, i took psychology and medical transcription, i received high honors with the medical transcriptionist course. I already have my medical coding certificate and i have been working in the medical field for over 15years, so, the reason I took the medical transcription course was to learn something different, I certainly did too!!. Strattford is not a SCAM or out to get your money, actually, they offer almost half of what an accreditation school or university would offer. I love the flexible monthly payment plans and you can take your time with the course without any pressure. I agree, that this school isnt for everyone, but it is based on your motivation to want to learn, pick up a new skill, enhance your resume, make you feel good about yourself, it doesn't matter if those places do not accept it, you shouldn't feel LIKE you wasted your time, you WORKED hard on passing and my advice would be to look up to the stars, you can do anything if you want to succeed!!!????. Good luck to your future endeavors and quit bashing this school, i think it is great!!!

Hadi Los Angeles, CA

This is a great place for someone who is a self motivator and wants to expand their knowledge in a particular field. Knowledge is power regardless of any documentation. You know you have learned something you can put to use regardless. The materials are very informative, from well known authors and arrive on time every time. Payment plan is flexible too and they work with you if you fall back. I have had no troubles so far. Adding to my knowledge in computer repair has made me become more successful in what I do. To be honest, I would do it all over again with or without diploma. The information is solid, you will learn and that is the bottom line for what you sign up for. I already have a bachelors degree and I still learned in addition to what I already know! So, 2 thumbs up for me.

Kevin Jeansonne Springtown, TX

It's okay for self learning....I put it this way... You could probably find info. around the internet/library/etc. that would be similar to sci coursework...but that takes time/energy...and how would u know what basic learning material is needed before the intermediate and advanced courses if you're clueless about the subject u wanna learn...they do it for you....progressing from newbie onward. I finished the small engines repair course...and glad i did. I did learn new things throughout the entire course...even though i've been working on small engines for 30 years before taking the course. This was intended from the get go to be my own personal learning thing. I'm self employed and would never think to apply for a job with this training alone....that applies to any other course as well....do it for your own satisfaction...and u idiots out there need to stop being dumbasses...thinking youre getting college education at sci for 500 bucks...instead of 100K and up for these rip off colleges that no one can afford, and most graduates can't find a job...while still in 200,000 dollar debt. yes....i think 500 may be a little overpriced....250 dollars would be more reasonable course cost.

Jacinda Marion, OH

I was Homeschooled through Stratford. I also was accepted into College with the diploma I received. Stratford clearly states that they are not a accredited school, so maybe everyone is misunderstanding. There are colleges that will accept the diploma you just have to do your research. They are a great school! And I have recommend Stratford to others.

Angie Tomball, TX

I love Stratford Career Institute! I have completed the natural health consultant course and it was amazing so detailed! I have learned so much from this course! I have also I enrolled into the relaxation therapist course and I think I love this one more than the first one! It is so relevant to the society that we live in right now! Stressed out! You have to be a go getter self disciplined and motivated to get anything out of these courses! Definitely not a waste of my time or money!

Tonya Newell Ellenwood, GA

I took the high school course, the medical assistant course and the business management course though Stratford career institute thank to thses couses i have gotten into college twice unfortunately life got in the way both times.im working on going back to college for the third time. I know with the coures from straford i will be way ahead of the other students.i will graduate with high scores.

Jea El Paso, TX

I am taking the bookkeeping course as a refresher after being out of the field for over six years and it had helped. As far as reviews of those expecting refunds and want to sue, good luck cause paperwork clearly states the policy of refunding, all b4 you sign anything. Thus, that would be your fault and not the schools which also clearly stated they were uncredited. I know people who went to University of Phoenix and Kaplan, both online, and had employment issues same as reports stating those schools were bogus. So, to me, it depends on the employer. Big named schools do not mean much either if you do not do your part in studying, taking notes, and reading. You make your education, not the school or university.

James Deagle

Greetings! The Stratford Career Institute offered an excellent Funeral Services Diploma. The textbooks were most professional. This course helped me discern about entering the funeral profession. Later I was accepted into Funeral Services Education at Humber College in Toronto. The Stratford Diploma itself did not get recognized by Humber, but I needed to discern first ... that is what Stratford did. James Deagle (Retired Ontario Teacher)

John Stematz Chicago, IL

I love Stratford Career Institutes Psychology/Social Work Program because it's a home study course, but I wish it was accredited. My friend told me if I receive additional mental health training, I could be a Certified Peer Specialist. I have a High School Diploma also. Stratford's program was reasonable price also. I give SCI a 5 star rating. 😁

Pearl Gaither ,

I was told by the Counselor at Stratford Career Institute to stick my neck out , and I since receiving my Diploma in Psychology/ Social work, have landed a nice job, and have had a School District offer me a job. Thank you Scitraining

john s Staten Island, NY

I took the Private Investigators course and Auto Mechanics course. First the auto mechanics course gave me the knowlege and confidence to repair my own vehicle. Second the Private Investigators course was great , informative and furthered enhanced my skills and Bachelors of Science degree in Criminal Justice.

Casey Bombach Farmington, MN

Well I can say I recieved my diploma from Stratford and it was accepted in a university! Also I took a class for a certification- the knowledge I gained land me a apprenticeship. Which now I'm at $40 an hour. Knowledge is power it doesn't matter where you attend but where you begin and decide to do with what you learned!

Virjivia Britt Tampa, FL

I have received my NATURAL HEALTH certification from Stratford. The books and material are very informative. I loved the feedback on line was accessible. I enjoyed Stratford. It was very affordable. I wish more funding was available per se the government willingness to help.

shay stern Lansing, IL

Don't be fooled. you cannot complete anything with them on your time frame. you must do it within THEIR time frame. they decide when to send YOU material, and it can take weeks. THEY decide when to credit your account. THEY decide when to grade your tests, and that can also take WEEKS. the fact that the whole course is NOT online is disappointing also. the 1st module was, and it was good. the rest of the course has to be mailed to you WHEN they decide to. and don't expect anyone to to aswer the phone.

Kristin Prosser Belleville, ON

I wish I could give a 0 star rating but they don’t have that option. I enrolled in a course that was supposed to be online learning software. They kept sending me books, I didn’t want books I wanted to do my work on my computer. I even paid to download Microsoft Office 360. But all I got were books full of useless crap so I cancelled the course and they stopped sending books. Done right?! Nope...they still want the full payment of the remainder of the course that I never got...$757.00 Don’t use this school they suck!

Mary Marsh Granada Hills, CA

I enrolled in this school because I wanted to get more in depth Art Instruction. The Art program was well rounded seemed to meet my needs. I understand they are not accredited which is okay for me and the tuition was reasonable. I also study well on my own. My concern with this school is they only care about enrollments. Once you are enrolled, there is no attention or concern for the student. I emailed their instructors 3 times with no reply and when I called them to follow up on my questions (after being on hold a long time, the women who answered my call was rude and gave me attitude and acted like she was doing me a favor to help me. This is not acceptable.

Tasha Matt Los Angeles, CA

Go here if you want to pay for an unrecognized piece of paper called a HS diploma. Also they come after you one way or another after you cancel if you owe a dime they go for your taxes No matter how unsatisfied you are. No way out. I am very reasonable when giving reviews. I have been in programs I love learning but this one is a bad one. It NOT being accredited is not even the main reason I give them negative 100 stars! yes, negative stars! They have been in a couple of lawsuits, they are not accredited, they are not professional and they have a very weird and (should be illegal) agreement/contract for you to sign about their cancellation policy. ! Look at the small print if you sign up for this program and do one lesson you're going to pay the deposit plus about $120 more just to cancel. Even if it's within the first 5 days. Its definitely for profit. Be careful. Every state now offers HISET or GED it's nationally accredited and it's $200 save your time and money and be smart get your GED or HISET.

Julia Duong

I have to give them zero star becoz of their solution with student worst and rude. I registered for a beauty course, then they send me one document includes 3 pages for reading. After reading, they will send an exam . I wasn’t interested in that boring document. I paid for them $100 for first month. Then I gave up. No body called me to ask abt exam. I did cancellation with them 3 months later, and they answered me can’t cancel becoz my studying in the process. When I called, the person replied me very rude then I didn’t want to talk with them again. Now collection agency called to inform me to pay $800 from that school. I don’t know what is going on in life when I did everything to explain, but they still want to charge me money. I think this school should get out from school list of the government. I don’t know how comes they are still exist

Vivian Baltimore, MD

I enrolled in their "Cooking & Catering" program after hearing a few good things about it from a friend. While I learned new things from the material I was given, I began to have difficulties keeping up with payments. Stratford Career Institute wasted no time in sending creditors in my direction to receive their payments, as well as stating I'd no longer be able to enroll in anymore of their courses due to the lack of payments and creditor experience. Now, more than 5 years after receiving a "diploma" in the course I was taking, my credit score is still marked with Stratford Career & the creditor disaster. Before this entire thing, my credit was spotless and I take responsibility for my wrong in the situation. However, receiving a piece of paper of completion from this company has, like others, done nothing for me. If I am applying for a job and they ask what college I attended, when I say "Stratford" they automatically think I'm referring to Stratford University. As they've never heard of Stratford Career Institute. This "diploma" hasn't helped me achieve any jobs in the culinary department. Just today I received a letter in the mail from Stratford Institute with a limited time offer to sign up for any course of my choice for only, $499. I have been getting letters like this every other month and I find it comical because I was the same person they said wouldn't be able to enroll in their courses anymore. They've already gotten the money that I owed them, I won't be giving them another dime.

Adrian Fisher Benson, NC

Complete scam. Do not waste your time. I enrolled in the electrician training program they offer. They advertise that in 4 months up to a year that I can earn a certificate that can potentially, but not certainly prepare me for entry level electrician work and for $10 down, $35 a month. I was skeptical at first, but wanted a career change and was willing to give it a chance. I was able to complete my first module and was awaiting my second module in the mail. They are supposed to mail them to you once you complete the previous. I look and notice it takes about 10 business days to arrive. No problem. I then get 2 letters in the mail saying that my payment was declined and that I have been dropped from the program. To apply and enroll , I had to give information about myself such as my telephone number and e-mail. Not once was I called or e-mailed about problems with my payment (which was only $10) Instead they sent 2 letters on the same time: one saying to please correct my payments, which involved paying more than the initial $10 minimum, and the other saying I already been dropped from the program and I was to be charged more money for a declined payment and cancellation. How they plan on charging that money when they weren't able to get my initial payment is beyond me. I believe it to be scare tactics and baiting to get money out of me. They lure people in with cheap prices and send demanding letters and withhold your course materials to get money. It's completely ridiculous. It's like the old saying, if it sounds too good to be true, it likely is. There are better ways to earn a degree online I'm sure. Stay far away from these con-artists.

Shana

I enrolled in the aesthetics course. It is roughly $1000 I knew once I opened it and read the literature that it doesn’t actually teach you how to do any aesthetic procedures. It simply explains what the procedures are, and then explains that you will need further training. I called and spoke to Jeff the day after receiving the first module, I told him I would like to cancel. He did not cancel my course and just kept sending me bills. I called him again today to cancel and he told me I will be cancelled from the program but I still have to pay him the $1000 tuition. This is a scam!! I will be taking this to court. If you have experienced this, let’s file a class action suit.

Charla Oak Ridge, TN

They claimed my diploma would be accepted once I received it. Which was false some people never heard of them and they didn’t tell me there was no credits towards it so I basically paid hundreds of dollars for tests so what so I can practice my education? I loved receiving the books at home and tests online. I worked every night on it after work just so I can get it done and actually start the career I wanted but turns out it was a waste of my time and money. Thank you for the training but no thanks for wasting my money.

Ann kerr

Frank, Heavy Tongue, Christina, and another old lady I did not quite get her name, I think Sarah, after hanging up the calls on them for being a bunch of white collar criminals, took my name to collection for their stupid course that I did not even take. after they took full payment for one course that did not make sense to me (accounting.) I received the book the and think this is the furthest thing from accounting . so I decided to try another course which was supposed to be PSYCHOLOGY AND SOCIAL WORK!!! I was also disappointed I paid for the books and then to my knowledge they took me to collection for a course I did not take, but still I also paid for another course that they collected full payment and they didn't send any materials for me to completed the course . these folks only go into bushiness to rob the poor so they can benefit. I pray that every unfair and wickedness that they had done will back fire on them in their personal life.

Shanta Hill Bay Minette, AL

Paid over$600 for a diploma that no schools will accept!! And I stop making payments half way through the course and they put this crap on my credit,so I was forced to pay for something that I can't even use!!! And they told me that I could use the diploma to attain jobs or college before I started taking the course, I found out years after I was done through a letter and a refund check for $26 that my diploma was no good!!!(I didn't cash the check because I'm getting a lawyer and getting every dime I spent on this bootleg school back)!!! I was a single mom of 5 while I was wasting money on the crap!!!

Rodolfo Nunez Jr San Benito, TX

Initial verbal communication with a counselor lied about requirements needed to comlpete language course. You have yo have WIFI connection to be able to stream audio lessons. I enrolled but did not find out about the WIFI connection until I received the 2nd module a month later and unfortunately could not cancel the entire course, was charged $225 which incluted 20% of tuition. Was told that they would have to confirm the telephone conversation confirming the counselors wrong information and surprisingly they could not locate the recorded conversation and was told I had to pay $225. Save your money, the meterial received for these courses is very poor. The books are very small and looks like they were assembled by stapling several sheets. The counslers give out false information and very mis-leading which turn out to be very costly.

Adina

I'm very responsible for my decisions and what I want. I've made my choices with this company and haven't had any bad experience. [The waiting time with costumer service could be better.] The material is good to keep for reference. If you manage to stay committed to the work, you won't have any problems and will feel good in the end. If you want to further in your knowledge of some profession and to study at home than its for you. When applying for this or any other kind of service, ALWAYS read the fine print and give it much needed thought.

Billy Spellings Bakersfield, CA

Stratford states they "Evaluate and obtain the latest and best textbooks, produced by leading publisher in order to keep their programs up to date. It is obvious EVALUATION is not in the review due to ACCURACY in the material. As far as priority response time goes after requesting a review of a question and waiting a few days I never did receive a response, so that is a negative as well. As far as speedy telephone response, if you do not like being on hold for as much as 30 minutes, then again negative. Once you get a representative generally a young person who is already on the offensive with a bad attitude who already knows more than the rest of the world. So Save your money or light cigars with it. It will be just as useful.

Jo Williams Russellville, AR

Stratford Career Institute is a diploma mill & issues false credentials using outdated booklets. The books issued can be found on Amazon for less than $20. You're paying 700 for $100 worth of books, a few tests, & fake diploma. IF you ask ask about this, you are blocked from contacting them on facebook. They refuse to answer if you contact them via their website. I have filed a complaint with the BBB regarding this company. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!! THEY ARE A SCAM. I urge"students" to default on ALL payments still owed to this company. A class action lawsuit should be filed to have them closed down.

Faithful Toronto, ON

I never had a pleasant experience with Stratford. I started with the school and stopped midway for a tasking job. Instead of the school to reach out to me, they reported me to debt collectors who reported to credit bureau and destroying my credit for 6 years knowing fully well that credit is key in Canada. It is the height of wickedness and they still have the guts to send me offers for another certification. Jokers.

Judi Reno, NV

I decided I would take the art course because I took the funeral a Service education course in 2002.so now in 2019 I took the art course I have called and written then a letter asking for my diploma.Because I finished the course in July they first said I needed to send in one more test.Then it was because I needed to pay the remainder of my bill.I paid my bill the remainder last week .And I’m still waiting for my diploma for Art.I am never taking a course from Stratford ever again .They need to be put out of business.I never knew they weren’t Accredited.

MMcM

Stratford did not deliver. After several phone calls and emails to them my many issues were not resolved. Even though I didn’t sign their contract because the amount was not as promised, they have still put me into collections for cancelling . I returned all of their books and never did the course. The last phone conversation I had with them around the beginning of July, they agreed they would not charge me any more. Yesterday I received the collection notice from a collection agency. Just a warning .......Don’t do it!

Victoria Neuman Wahpeton, ND

Very frustrating. They don't reply for 3 days or more when you call. They are very nonchalant about your issues with the school. If you pay off your schooling they wont send your books right away. It takes forever to get your books after the first one.This school is a joke. I would not recommend this school to anyone. Don't waste your time or money.

Trintiy Garretson, SD

Should NOT even get one star! This is NOT an accredited "school". If you would like to waste your time and money on something, this is the place for you. If you would like to watch your hopes and dreams shatter, this is the place for you. Luckily, I looked into the reviews and read them about SCI and only paid the "down payment". I hope everyone reads the reviews first, before entering this place.

Destiny Haskins Spring Valley, CA

This school is a scam!!!! READ ALL YOUR CONTRACT IF YOU DEAR TO ENROLL!!!!! THEY WILL GET YOU FOR A $170.00 IF YOU DO NOT CANCEL IN FIVE DAYS!!! THE MATERIAL IS POINTLESS BECAUSE ALL YOU DO IS READ!!! ITS A WASTE OF TIME!!! IT IS NOT ACCREDITED WHICH MEANS YOUR DIPLOMA WILL NOT BE RECOGNIZED WITH EMPLOYERS AND THE CREDITS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE! I AM NOT HAPPY!!!????????????????????????????????? HORRIBLE SCHOOL!!!!! ???????????????????????

Sandra Calizaire Worcester, MA

My experience is Stratford is not a accredited school. They have lied, and that effected me because it cost me funds to actually pay for the classes that I took. Its all a scam big time. I regret even attending classes and later I had a bill for more than $4,000 to pay which i didnt even take the classes to pay for that much....

April Jackson, GA

I sign up and paid over $800 that I didn't have, to get my high school diploma and found out that nobody takes there diploma because they are not a school that the state recognize. So now I'm out of $800. Don't believe them at all it's nothing but a scam. Very unhappy with them. Can't even get my money or time back.

C Pittston, PA

I took the Psychology/Social work course 17 years ago. Waste of time and money. I cant do anything in this field with my diploma and its done nothing for me. I've gotten tons of solicitation mailings for years from this company and its nothing but a joke. The diploma is useless.

FRANK C Schipani White Lake, MI

Stratford is an unaccredited degree mill. They do not stand behind their work. They have a 5 day return policy so that by the time you receive the material you can't return it without paying a hefty fee. They are crooked and I would recommend awoiding them and finding and accredited program.

Bub Cumberland, VA

I did the home inspection course found put nobody would accept it and paid 700 for the full course I was stupid I wish I would have read the reviews and I hope other people see these reviews they are SCAMMERS WATCH OUT FOR THIS SO CALLED COLLEDGE THEY SCAMED ME AND THEY WILL SCAN ANYBODY WHO FALLS FOR IT

Jordan

Tried to cancel my enrollment and they don't want to let me. They kept transferring me too student services but it was a dead end call saying our system is enduring technical difficulties then would hang up. Super rude on the phone and are a bunch of scammers. Don't even think about putting your money towards this junk of a school.

jennifer miller Romulus, MI

Why are they even still open they are worthless they are not accredited and you can't use there service any where it makes no sense they need to be shut down how is this legal no one accept them your turned down every where you go I wish they could be sued. I hope they close getting people money for nothing

Michael

This place is a scam. They state the are accredited but the certificate I would have received is not recognized by my state and would not be sufficient for me to take the State exam. Wasted time and money. The is is a very shady place that takes advantage of people trying to better themselves . Deceptive place.

Anon Norcross, GA

I never did anything with them, only signed up. Never even turned in my first exam and they still expect me to pay $700. It's sad that they aren't accredited and they still decide to take people's hard earned money.

Megan Martin

Absolute joke. I cancelled the course with three months written notice. Received no feedback from Stratford until this morning when I received a call from Collections. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THESE CHARLATANS!

Michael Wilson

There seem to be little or no bang for the buck. I would pay more for an accreditation and accreditation