- Program offerings
There are a handful of positive aspects of the ed2go Training Center.
- Cost. The prices vary, but some training courses are as little as a few hundred dollars, a figure comparable with other courses of similar makeup. Books and all other materials are included in the cost of tuition.
- Duration. Students will enjoy tremendous flexibility with the courses. Course length varies in hour increments, but students have six months to complete the course. Still, even if a student can’t complete a course during the six-moth window, they may apply for an extension free of charge.
- Program offerings. There are more than 100 courses to choose from in a number of fields, including Health care and fitness, Business and professional, IT software and development, Hospitality and service, Career online high school, Management and corporate, Media and design, Skilled trades and industrial, Sustainable energy and going green.
With an open enrollment, students can start the courses at any time. Plus, with all materials included, there are no extra costs beyond the tuition, making the courses affordable for just about any budget.
- Credits not transferable
- Career assistance options
- Lack of compatibility with Macs
The courses can be useful in one’s job, but don’t plan on using them to substitute for courses at major colleges or universities. The courses will not carry over into a degree-seeking student’s course load.
The career assistance options are minimal for course takers. There is an online chat option, but this is simply more for technical support and general questions. Course takers will be disappointed with the absence of career counseling or in obtaining advice on how ed2go courses can lead to job advancement.
Many courses only work on PCs. Mac users will be at a disadvantage and may not be able to take the courses in the convenience of their homes.