Part of Cengage learning, which was founded in 2007 in Boston, Massachusetts, Ed2go is a provider of online education certification courses and corporate training. Ed2go serves more than 2,100 colleges and universities and has been used by more than 2 million students. The web-based learning platform allows students take the courses online at their convenience.

Stratford Career Institute chevron_right
2.3
Project Management Institute (PMI) chevron_right
1.4
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Cost
  • Duration
  • Program offerings

There are a handful of positive aspects of the ed2go Training Center.

• Cost. The prices vary, but some training courses are as little as a few hundred dollars, a figure comparable with other courses of similar makeup. Books and all other materials are included in the cost of tuition.
  • Duration. Students will enjoy tremendous flexibility with the courses. Course length varies in hour increments, but students have six months to complete the course. Still, even if a student can't complete a course during the six-month window, they may apply for an extension free of charge.
  • Program offerings. There are more than 100 courses to choose from in a number of fields, including healthcare and fitness, business and professional, IT software and development, Hospitality and service, career online high school, management and corporate, media and design, skilled trades and industrial, sustainable energy and going green.
    • Courses and certificates are especially useful for those with in-demand occupations or career fields such as medical coding, pharmacy technicians, coding professionals, or anything needing some medical anatomy and physiology knowledge. Skills that may be learned include medical billing and coding, online medical billing, medical terminology coding, human anatomy, and ti-nspire cas / ti-nspire cx proficiency.

With an open enrollment, students can start the courses at any time. Physical locations, often a local community college, can be found on the website. Plus, with all materials included, there are no extra costs beyond the tuition, making the courses affordable for just about any budget. Financial aid is also available.

The Bad

• Credits not transferable
  • Career assistance options
  • Lack of compatibility with Macs

The courses can be useful in one's job, but don't plan on using them to substitute for courses at major colleges or universities. Being majorly non-credit courses, the courses will not carry over into a degree-seeking student's course load. Rather, Ed2go serves mostly as an online certificate program.

The career assistance options are minimal for course takers. There is an online chat option, but this is simply more for technical support and general questions. Course takers will be disappointed with the absence of career counseling or in obtaining advice on how Ed2go courses can lead to job advancement. Ed2go does offer externship programs for a hands-on experience, but the options are extremely limited. Our limited Ed2go reviews also indicate some difficulty in actually receiving their certificates.

Many courses only work on PCs. Mac users will be at a disadvantage and may not be able to take the courses in the convenience of their homes.

The Bottom Line

The online learning platform is a great certificate program if you'd like to take a career step. If a student is simply hoping to gain some additional skills in continuing education in a given field or area of interest, Ed2go can provide useful courses that are certain to be enriching and educational. But if one is banking on the courses to fit right into one's major at college, Ed2go is not the right option.

2.1

D. C.
November 7th, 2019 DeBary, FL DETAILS

I’ve been studying on ed2go for Administrative Assistant certificate through Valdosta State University. On my last class and I’ve really enjoyed it and learned a lot. Very reasonably priced compared to taking classes on campus. Don’t really understand negative reviews. Certificates for each completed course can be printed out from home. There is a link next to each completed course to do so. Valdosta State also sends a certificate as well. Overall, I am very happy and highly recommended taking the ed2go classes through VSU. The office staff there has been so friendly and helpful anytime I had a question.

Fiorella Rodriguez
October 4th, 2019 Los Gatos, CA DETAILS

Ed2go please don’t spend your money this is a big lie company!!! I finish the course as a administrative dental assistance spend 1,795 in December 12,2018..I make the assignments and the last exam with a good grade and I am Still waiting the certification..I contact on December and answer sometimes delay for the certification..Well is October 01 and I am still waiting..this company is horrible also all the information for the course is online for free!!

Cindy D
August 14th, 2019 Springfield, NE DETAILS

I signed up for a program to prepare for the SPHR certification test and paid over $1700. Received my link to the online classroom and was assigned an instructor. Started the program and with lesson 2 noticed the textbook pages in the assignments did not match the syllabus assignments. I contacted the instructor and was told they need to update the syllabus and she sent me the correct information. I found this a little strange especially for the cost of the program. After reading the pages given, I took the next assigned quiz and there where questions on the quiz that did not match the reading assignment. Then I tried to do the written assignment and could not find the material in the assigned reading. Extremely frustrated after wasting my time I contacted the instructor again. She had given me the reading assignment for the wrong program! After wasting over 2 weeks of my time on this and evaluating how much money I spent I decided to drop the program. I contacted the advisor and was told it was past the 10 day refund period. Since it took me longer than that working on the wrong assignments there is no way I knew within the 10 days this was a waste of money. After complaining my request was escalated. Then I was told they would make an exception and refund all but $412. I thought that was ridiculous to be charge that much for a waste of my time and asked for a breakdown of what I was being charged. The email response was they do not have a breakdown, a formula is followed. I have contacted ed2go multiple times saying this is not right and all I get back is we are making an exception for and one of the best responses was "even with the wrong info I was able to learn"! I asked for a phone number today since this going back and forth via email is getting nowhere and was told there is not one to contact, they do everything by email so there is a record of it. The emails back and forth have been going on for days and I am told I have to accept the offer by the 15th. I checked the online syllabus again just to see how much they care about proving wrong information and it is still NOT corrected. This company made the error both in the portal and the instructor and I am being penalized for this which is not right. BEWARE! Do not waste your money!

Caroline L Brooks
April 17th, 2019 South Burlington, VT DETAILS

I took a 6 months class (Certified Medical Administrative Assistant) and really enjoyed it. I learned a lot, the instructor was helpful and always available if I had question. I received my certificate within three weeks after completion.

Sarah R
February 26th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

If I could give extra blank stars, I would. The course was $2,300 for the Medical Transcription course. They required that I took Medical Terminology, even though I had just passed that course with my actual college (of which they supposedly worked with.). I was very upfront with the "advisors" that I was doing this in addition to my current schoolwork with my College. When it came time to actually help me extending/dropping, there was nothing to be done... Funny how they were all gungho to help and were so open to adjusting things when I was signing up... Now, I have not finished the courses, get no certificate out of it, and I am stuck paying $2300. SCAM AND NOT WORTH IT. STAY AWAY.

CT
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

I think the courses are great. So far I have taken some on C# and XML. I'm currently taking some on Project Management. This is the the place I always go when I want to learn something new or become more knowledgeable on a certain subject.

theresa
January 22nd, 2019 Oxnard, CA DETAILS

I absolutely love ed2go. I do not get the negative comments at all. It sounds to me like people didn't read the fine print nor ask the correct questions before registering for courses. This really helped to enhance my knowledge and skills as a licensed nurse. The medical terminology course served as a great refresher. I plan to take many more courses with ed2go as they were very helpful with helping me register for courses and obtain books. It's not too demanding at all which is great considering my current work schedule. You have a log on, do exercises in you book, online test, read a chapter once a week .I highly recommend and its convenient.

Unhappy customer
January 3rd, 2019 Erin, TN DETAILS

1 only because 0 was not an option. They are a rip off. Their “accidental” over charge will go thru in 7 hours. When you contact them to reverse it they dwadle around. They should have charged me $99 and charged me $1795.......

Janet
November 15th, 2018 Irving, TX DETAILS

Minus 1 star was not an option. It is NOT instructor lead lectures and my course was $2,295. Search ed2go Reviews. It's just outdated articles going back to the 90s along with 3 flimsy books and YOU are to read about 300 hrs of it instead of having a professor giving video lectures and then the books as supplements. I just started and I am pointing out errors to them, not typos. They are links to these articles that are no longer working because the lecture material is so old. There is only a 3 to 5 minute blurb by a 'so called' instructor before they expect you to read excerpts from old articles as their lecture. DO NOT DO IT! - IT'S A RIPOFF!

Michael Czeiszperger
November 9th, 2018 Greensboro, NC DETAILS

I signed up for an instructor led course to study for the Project Management Professional certification. Unfortunately, the course material was riddled with errors, and the instructor was MIA. For example, the answer to the question of how to show leadership on a project was to "buy everyone t-shirts". That is obviously ridiculous, and the instructor would make up excuses as why the wrong answers were actually correct. Unfortunately I had purchased more than one class, and after the disaster the first class turned out to be, I asked for a refund on the other classes I hadn't taken. They refused.

Faith Cass
September 7th, 2018 Lagrangeville, NY DETAILS

I'm currently taking a medical assistant course. I just finished the medical terminology portion of it. I have had no issues or complaints so far and I've been doing this since January. I'm finishing at the end of January 2019. I even had to ask for an extension my advisor was extremely knowledgeable and was ready for me at any moment. I definitely suggest anyone who's looking to continue education or someone is looking to further their education in a field that this is the way to go.

Hec Media
May 31st, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS

They were very eager to sign me up and after I paid my $3k tuition I never heard from the recruitment guy again. Their log in system is convoluted and frustrating at best. I was never able to even get started on my HVAC certification because my mom's Parkinson's Disease took a turn for the worse and I was forced to take care of her full time. I suppose it was mostly my fault for trying to tackle both and granted they did extend my learning time but it would've been nice for them to at least grant me a partial refund considering how nearly impossible it was to commit in light of my moms illness. Goodbye $3k and goodbye learning HVAC.

Tecia
October 17th, 2017

I am taking the administrative assistant proram accredited by my local university. For the first two days I studied two chapters of gruesome medical terminology and was preparing myself to take the graded quiz. It was very appreciated to have two practice quizzes and I was so glad I took them because they helpe me understand that the quizzes were an absolute joke. The free response answers have some weird format of how you’re supposed to answer the question but there is no way to understand it! Because you don’t put your answer in their complicated way, it counts your answer wrong, even though you put the correct word! I emailed my student advisor yesterday and have yet to hear anything back. this problem alone might cause me to fail!

Karla Winslow
September 11th, 2017 Newton, KS

Medical Coding Class is not sufficient, nor do they issue the correct coding books for use in the certification exam. Unless something changes, beware. Check before taking this course. You should only take it through AAPC. Trust me, I learned the hard way.... :(

esin ozildiz
May 4th, 2017 Brooklyn, NY

I had taken a course in 2015, I have completed this course in 2015, I have paid in full, it is now 2017 and I still haven't received my certificate, I have contacted them numerous times, each and every time they tell me I should receive it within 6 weeks, its Been two years!! Apparently no one can help me, I do not recommend them, I will be taking legal action!!!

Jessie bestco Nutter
January 16th, 2017

I enrolled in Medical Billing/Coding + Medical Terminology. It needs to be understood that this is really just an expensive study guide. Exams are not difficult, and I don't believe they are meant to be. The course was perfect for self study. People that have good study habits, but needed an outline of information to get the ball rolling, textbooks included. The "professors" are a bit of a joke, but at least quick with a response (even if its not very helpful). Google is your friend. No issues with financial side of things. Got the certificate and am currently interviewing for jobs in the field. On the job training is still necessary for me, but now i feel I have a decent head start in the industry.

Dissatisfied Customer
October 24th, 2016 Boston, MA

Medical Transcription course was listed online at the website for my local accredited state university. Upon attempting to convince Cengage (who apparently services Ed2go accounts) to produce a letter stating I was enrolled in courses, they declined. Upon additional request for either this documentation or a refund of course fees paid in advance and cancellation of enrollment, they declined again, citing exemptions under federal tax law and that their refund policy precludes refunds after online course materials have been accessed. Further investigation revealed they have no actual connection with any of the accredited programs available at the state university, and that the entire program was misrepresented. As they refused to provide any acceptable resolution over several contact attempts, I have simply issued a chargeback via my bank.

student
May 31st, 2016 Ocoee, FL

Finished the ICD 10 Coding Course 10 weeks ago with ed2go through Valencia College. No one seem to know who is responsible for getting my Completion Certificate to me, even the person that sent payment confirmation email to me is now claiming she is not the one. It this some sort of scam?