ed2go

ed2go

Part of Cengage learning, which was founded in 2007 in Boston, Massachusetts, is a provider of online certification courses and corporate training. Ed2go serves more than 2,100 colleges and universities and has been used by more than 2 million students. Students take the courses online at their convenience.

The Good

• Cost
  • Duration
  • Program offerings

There are a handful of positive aspects of the ed2go Training Center.

• Cost. The prices vary, but some training courses are as little as a few hundred dollars, a figure comparable with other courses of similar makeup. Books and all other materials are included in the cost of tuition.
  • Duration. Students will enjoy tremendous flexibility with the courses. Course length varies in hour increments, but students have six months to complete the course. Still, even if a student can't complete a course during the six-moth window, they may apply for an extension free of charge.
  • Program offerings. There are more than 100 courses to choose from in a number of fields, including Health care and fitness, Business and professional, IT software and development, Hospitality and service, Career online high school, Management and corporate, Media and design, Skilled trades and industrial, Sustainable energy and going green.

With an open enrollment, students can start the courses at any time. Plus, with all materials included, there are no extra costs beyond the tuition, making the courses affordable for just about any budget.

The Bad

• Credits not transferable
  • Career assistance options
  • Lack of compatibility with Macs

The courses can be useful in one's job, but don't plan on using them to substitute for courses at major colleges or universities. The courses will not carry over into a degree-seeking student's course load.

The career assistance options are minimal for course takers. There is an online chat option, but this is simply more for technical support and general questions. Course takers will be disappointed with the absence of career counseling or in obtaining advice on how ed2go courses can lead to job advancement.

Many courses only work on PCs. Mac users will be at a disadvantage and may not be able to take the courses in the convenience of their homes.

The Bottom Line

If a student is simply hoping to gain some additional skills in a given field or area of interest, ed2go can provide useful courses that are certain to be enriching and educational. But if one is banking on the courses to fit right into one's major at college, ed2go is not the right option.

5 ed2go Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

September 11th, 2017 Newton, KS

Medical Coding Class is not sufficient, nor do they issue the correct coding books for use in the certification exam. Unless something changes, beware. Check before taking this course. You should only take it through AAPC. Trust me, I learned the hard way.... :(

2 0

May 3rd, 2017 Brooklyn, NY

I had taken a course in 2015, I have completed this course in 2015, I have paid in full, it is now 2017 and I still haven't received my certificate, I have contacted them numerous times, each and every time they tell me I should receive it within 6 weeks, its Been two years!! Apparently no one can help me, I do not recommend them, I will be taking legal action!!!

6 0

November 26th, 2016

I enrolled in Medical Billing/Coding + Medical Terminology. It needs to be understood that this is really just an expensive study guide. Exams are not difficult, and I don't believe they are meant to be. The course was perfect for self study. People that have good study habits, but needed an outline of information to get the ball rolling, textbooks included. The "professors" are a bit of a joke, but at least quick with a response (even if its not very helpful). Google is your friend. No issues with financial side of things. Got the certificate and am currently interviewing for jobs in the field. On the job training is still necessary for me, but now i feel I have a decent head start in the industry.

11 0

October 24th, 2016 Boston, MA

Medical Transcription course was listed online at the website for my local accredited state university. Upon attempting to convince Cengage (who apparently services Ed2go accounts) to produce a letter stating I was enrolled in courses, they declined. Upon additional request for either this documentation or a refund of course fees paid in advance and cancellation of enrollment, they declined again, citing exemptions under federal tax law and that their refund policy precludes refunds after online course materials have been accessed. Further investigation revealed they have no actual connection with any of the accredited programs available at the state university, and that the entire program was misrepresented. As they refused to provide any acceptable resolution over several contact attempts, I have simply issued a chargeback via my bank.

5 0

May 31st, 2016 Ocoee, FL

Finished the ICD 10 Coding Course 10 weeks ago with ed2go through Valencia College. No one seem to know who is responsible for getting my Completion Certificate to me, even the person that sent payment confirmation email to me is now claiming she is not the one. It this some sort of scam?

7 0