PayPal Logo
PayPal was founded in 1998 and has grown to become one of the most recognizable e-commerce companies. As of this writing PayPal is owned by eBay but soon they will be divided into two independent companies. In 2014 PayPal's revenue was $7.9 billion. Paypal is a global company that allows users to get paid in more than 100 currencies.

The Good

• Setup
  • Pricing
  • Access to funds
In order to start using the PayPal Here mobile credit card reader you need a PayPal Business or Premier account but once that is set up getting started is only a matter of receiving the reader in the mail for free and then downloading the app. Once all of that is done you are set to start processing. Paypal has comparable prices and the design of the actual reader makes processing easier than trying to swipe a card through a flimsy reader. When you have to swipe a card more than once customers get uneasy and might think that you are charging them twice. Having a stable reader that only needs one swipe mitigates that problem and helps you to grow your business faster. Users also have access to their funds almost instantly. Anybody running a business would find that feature extremely useful but on top of that PayPal has their own debit card which allows you to use your money and get 1% cash back on signed purchases.

The Bad

• Swipe fees
The swipe fees for PayPal Here are slightly higher than other companies but they offer certain features that other companies do not so using PayPal Here is a tradeoff. The reader works great for small businesses but it works better for small businesses that are growing and anticipate doing a high volume of credit card transaction each month.

The Bottom Line

PayPal Here has proven that they are not just trying to keep up with the competition. They're mobile reader comes with features that make them a formidable force in the mobile reader world. No long term commitments are needed to start using PayPal Here and they have live customer support which makes it easier for you to figure out how to most effectively use your reader.

Tiffany Vollmer Midvale, UT

I love PayPal for online shopping. I really love the guarantee and ease it gives you when purchasing from unknown sellers. I love knowing that if a product isn't as described and the seller doesn't respond, PayPal will help resolve any issues. They are an amazing company!

Abby Ashby Provo, UT

PayPal oh PayPal! You making internet shopping far too easy! Thanks for the convenience! My bank account is probably not as happy though haha

Crystal Logan, UT

This payment option had been convenient to feel safe when using websites like ebay. I have had a good experience with my account and feel it is a safe way to make online transactions

Lottielyn Schwenke Orlando, FL

PayPal is great! Using their card reader for my mom's side business at craft fairs and it works like a dream. Easy to integrate to my phone for tracking inventory as well. The app and payment reader is highly recommended.

Jaci Rhoades Irving, TX

I have used PayPal for the last 10 years. I feal safe that my money will not be stolen. Over the past years, I made a couple purchases that did not honor their delivery and PayPal IMMEDIATELY refunded my accouunt.

Kenneth Okerlund Orem, UT

I finally made a PayPal account at the beginning of the year and I wish I had done it earlier. I love how easy it is to make payments through them and I have never had an issue with sending/receiving a payment. Very easy to make your account as well!

Breanna Jones Salt Lake City, UT

PayPal is great! You can pay almost anywhere with PayPal. They offer purchase guarantees. They don't just allow you to pay online, they offer a lot more guarantees. They want to make sure the customer is happy with their purchase. It was very easy to link up with my bank account and get going with PayPal.

Lindsey American Fork, UT

I've used PayPal for some of my business transactions and it definitely gets the job done! I think it's pretty easy and user friendly. If you are a small-business owner, this is a good option for you, especially if you're making transactions with someone who doesn't have their card or cash on hand (they use their email to pay)

Alejandro Perez Corpus Christi, TX

Easy way to safely pay online and the chase freedom flex card has 5% cash back with paypal for this quarter.

Jma55 Smithfield, UT

PayPal has been great to use along with my eBay sales. I love the immediate access to my money, and the security they offer.

Leisha Logan, UT

As a shop owner it’s great to have the PayPal standard to back me up!! I’m happy to offer my customers PayPal as a payment option.

Kate Lillywhite American Fork, UT

What did we do before PayPal? Such an amazing company that allows you a safe way to pay for goods in an easy to use way!

Sandra Dubas Salt Lake City, UT

I use PayPal to pay others and receive payments from the customers who use my business online. Most of the time I do not have problems with therm, however it is a little difficult to recognize if the emails I get from PayPals are spam emails or not.

Vikti Mehta Frisco, TX

PayPal makes it easy to receive and transfer money. This has been helpful for club dues and expenses.

Amy Barrus Sandy, UT

PayPal is easy to use and a great way to avoid spending a lot of time putting info into the computer. I have not had problems with using it.

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

We've used PayPal for years. The app, and service is great, and user friendly! We love it for online purhcase, for added security.

Natalia Correa MDTribe Tallahassee, FL

Paypal is a great option for payments. Very reliable and trustworthy. Highly recommend using it especially for business transactions!

Anne Starley Mukilteo, WA

I love using PayPal. It's so quick and so easy. Nothing better than getting to the end of a purchasing process and realizing I can use PayPal as my payment method!

Olivia Davis Smithfield, UT

PayPal is so convenient! I can always trust that my money is safe! It is also super user friendly!

Jadon Barre Dallas, TX

Paypal is easy to format and easy to use. I use PayPal rover pay for all of my online shopping with no problems.

MaryAnn Hagblom West Jordan, UT

Love PayPal! Knowing I don’t have to give out my credit cards to random business, has help me to buy online more.

Beverly Schacher Long Beach, MS

Works well and easy to use. Good customer service. Reasonable fees. I would recommend for a small business.

Maile Curtis Salt Lake City, UT

I have been using PayPal for my business for a couples of years now. I have never had a problem and all of my payments always come through.

Kristi Logan, UT

Love the ease of use with this site. I would recommend this site to others. Thank you!

Stephen Veal

PayPal has great customer service and is security conscious.