PayPal

9.3

PayPal was founded in 1998 and has grown to become one of the most recognizable e-commerce companies. As of this writing PayPal is owned by eBay but soon they will be divided into two independent companies. In 2014 PayPal's revenue was $7.9 billion. Paypal is a global company that allows users to get paid in more than 100 currencies.

The Good

• Setup
  • Pricing
  • Access to funds

In order to start using the PayPal Here mobile credit card reader you need a PayPal Business or Premier account but once that is set up getting started is only a matter of receiving the reader in the mail for free and then downloading the app. Once all of that is done you are set to start processing.

Paypal has comparable prices and the design of the actual reader makes processing easier than trying to swipe a card through a flimsy reader. When you have to swipe a card more than once customers get uneasy and might think that you are charging them twice. Having a stable reader that only needs one swipe mitigates that problem and helps you to grow your business faster.

Users also have access to their funds almost instantly. Anybody running a business would find that feature extremely useful but on top of that PayPal has their own debit card which allows you to use your money and get 1% cash back on signed purchases.

The Bad

• Swipe fees

The swipe fees for PayPal Here are slightly higher than other companies but they offer certain features that other companies do not so using PayPal Here is a tradeoff. The reader works great for small businesses but it works better for small businesses that are growing and anticipate doing a high volume of credit card transaction each month.

The Bottom Line

PayPal Here has proven that they are not just trying to keep up with the competition. They're mobile reader comes with features that make them a formidable force in the mobile reader world. No long term commitments are needed to start using PayPal Here and they have live customer support which makes it easier for you to figure out how to most effectively use your reader.

Lindsey

December 5th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I've used PayPal for some of my business transactions and it definitely gets the job done! I think it's pretty easy and user friendly. If you are a small-business owner, this is a good option for you, especially if you're making transactions with someone who doesn't have their card or cash on hand (they use their email to pay)

Sandra Dubas

June 12th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I use PayPal to pay others and receive payments from the customers who use my business online. Most of the time I do not have problems with therm, however it is a little difficult to recognize if the emails I get from PayPals are spam emails or not.

Kenneth Okerlund

June 6th, 2017 Orem, UT

I finally made a PayPal account at the beginning of the year and I wish I had done it earlier. I love how easy it is to make payments through them and I have never had an issue with sending/receiving a payment. Very easy to make your account as well!

Maile Curtis

June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I have been using PayPal for my business for a couples of years now. I have never had a problem and all of my payments always come through.

Breanna Jones

June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

PayPal is great! You can pay almost anywhere with PayPal. They offer purchase guarantees. They don't just allow you to pay online, they offer a lot more guarantees. They want to make sure the customer is happy with their purchase. It was very easy to link up with my bank account and get going with PayPal.

Stephen Veal

December 24th, 2016

PayPal has great customer service and is security conscious.