Omega Auto Care

9.1

Omega Auto Care is a car warranty provider. Mechanical car repairs can be costly and Omega aims to "take the stress out of auto repairs and surprise maintenance" for car owners with its quality car protection. Its vehicle service contract covers the repair bill, based on the level of coverage you choose.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Robert

"Each time I have needed them they have been there. It takes very little effort. The dealership contacts them in a timely manner and expedites the repairs on my vehicle. When I've had an issue they've been very responsive to my needs."

View Omega Auto Care Customer Reviews

Omega Auto Care provides car warranty plans which are different from a factory warranty because they can be purchased outside of the automotive company that the car was purchased from. Omega Auto Care strives to offer quality customer service and simple car warranty auto repair claims. Omega Auto Care also offers a maintenance benefit package that is complimentary during the first year. This repair offer makes Omega Auto Care stand out from other car warranty companies.

Omega Auto Care refunds the posted labor rates at repair facilities instead of refunding the national average, which can be lower than posted labor rates. This reimbursement method benefits Omega Auto Care clients by ensuring that they do not have to worry about paying the difference between the national average and the listed rates. Omega Auto Care is also a member of the Vehicle Protection Association.

The Good

• Provides a Variety of Warranty Plans
  • Roadside Assistance for All
  • Available in 46 States
  • Customer Service
  • Additional Maintenance Coverage

Provides a Variety of Plans

Omega Auto Care offers vehicle owners three different warranty coverage protection plans, common to the industry

• New Exclusionary
  • Used Stated Coverage
  • Powertrain Protection

The cost for each of these plans varies, but the extended auto warranty prices at Omega Auto Care start at $59.99.

New Exclusionary Plan

The New Exclusionary Plan is a vehicle warranty for models that are no older than seven years and have less than 100,000 odometer miles when the customer purchases the contract. This plan offers the company's highest level of coverage, out of all the vehicle service contracts offered by Omega Auto Care. It offers comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Used Stated Coverage

The Used Stated Coverage Plans are for vehicles that are no older than ten years and have less than 150,000 odometer miles. This plan offers slightly less coverage than the New Exclusionary plan. Still, it offers nearly comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Powertrain Protection Plan

The Powertrain Protection Plan is for car models that are less than 15 years old and have less than 250,000 odometer miles. The Powertrain coverage options have three different options; Powertrain Enhanced, Powertrain Plus, and Powertrain. The Powertrain Plan has the least amount of coverage, then Powertrain Plus, followed by Powertrain Enhanced.

All three Powertrain plans offer coverage on many components of the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axle, and more. However, they have limitations when it comes to the A/C, steering, brakes, suspension, and other areas of the car.

Roadside Assistance for All

Each contract with Omega Auto Care includes 24-hour roadside assistance, which consists of the following benefits:

• towing
  • jump starts
  • partial reimbursement for flat tire repairs
  • vehicle fluid delivery
  • lockout services
  • flat tire repair payment help
  • rental car reimbursement
  • trip interruption assistance

Available in 46 States

Omega Auto Care is available in 46 states in the United States, including Washington, D.C. Omega Auto Care’s wide range of coverage makes it possible for more cars to be covered.

FYI, Omega Auto Care does not currently offer warranty plans in the following four states:

• California
  • Minnesota
  • Rhode Island
  • Washington

Overall, according to the reviews found on Best Company, Omega Auto Care customers are fairly satisfied with their customer service experience. Many of the verified Omega Auto Care reviews mention Omega Auto Care’s customer service and claim filing system as a strong point. Customers report that its customer service is friendly, knowledgeable, and quick when it comes to their questions and car repairs.

Whenever customers experience a problem with their vehicles, Omega Auto Care advises that they immediately pull over and call the roadside assistance provider included in their warranty. The tow company will tow the customer's vehicle to a nearby repair facility. When it comes to filing a claim, the customer first needs to call Omega Auto Care to begin the claim process. From there, Omega Auto Care will make sure that the customer's car is diagnosed to determine where the car failure is occurring.

The customer can utilize the rental car option if the maintenance repair is approved. Omega Auto Care keeps the claim system as simple as possible by picking the customer up, towing the vehicle to the repair shop, providing a rental car, and paying the maintenance bill for the repair services. Omega Auto Care strives to make it easy to take advantage of its vehicle protection coverage.

Additional Maintenance Coverage

Omega Auto Care is one of the only providers that offer a free maintenance benefit package with their plans. The maintenance benefits include oil changes, a battery change, a brake pad replacement, cooling system maintenance and lube, and safety inspections. This maintenance package can be valued at up to $500.

The Bad

• No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles
  • Limited Coverage Plans

No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles

While Omega Auto Care covers most vehicle makes and models, it does not offer coverage for luxury brands such as Lamborghini, Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, etc.

Limited Coverage Plans

While Omega Auto Care offers three different extended warranty plans, there are other vehicle warranty companies that offer more warranty options. Furthermore, if a car is older than 15 years or has more miles than 250,000 odometer miles, there are no car warranty plans available through Omega Auto Care.

The Bottom Line

Choosing the right service contract for you from a trustworthy warranty company is essential. Omega Auto Care offers its clients plenty of coverage options to choose from to ensure they can get the amount of coverage right for them. Omega Auto Care is available almost everywhere in the United States, making it accessible for most people.

Omega Auto Care offers quality customer assistance to answer your questions quickly and process your claims promptly.

If Omega Auto Care interests you, call an Omega Auto Care representative to ensure the company offers coverage in your area and for your vehicle.

Barb carstens Cincinnati, OH

After the dealer ship dealt with this company they told me how much the appreciated the ease of working with this company to get their payment for the oil change.

Gary

It takes a while to get ahold of someone in their customer service. They got my car fixed when it needed service done. I don't like that after you pay a premium each month that you have to pay more on top of that if you need something fixed.

Samantha Cookeville, TN

I would like to see more things covered and it has been difficult to reach someone in a timely manner. The last three times I’ve tried to use it, everything hasn’t been covered that I expected to be covered so I had to pay nearly a thousand dollars. They only covered half of it. Everyone is polite but it takes fifteen to twenty minutes to get through to someone.

Jeremy

I went with Omega because they include maintenance in their warranty. One time I got my battery replaced and they reimbursed me. It was a very easy process. They are harder to contact, and it is an expensive service.

case lynch

Much room for improvement. The advertising suggests that bringing ones vehicle to a dealership is best, however i was faced with reconditioned parts and the insurer would only cover a portion of the labor expense. Not what i expected. I needed to cover almost 50% of the total expense for the repair, out of pocket.

Gulam Douglasville, GA

My car was making some noise and I got it checked with my mechanic and the bill cycle wouldn't be linked up and it gave me a really hard time getting all those things but I'm glad they were able to take care of it. Time processing was a long time but I'm glad they were able to take care of it.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

I'm sorry that the process felt lengthy for you. Hopefully it'll be much faster next time. Thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care!

Oct. 29th, 2019

Andrea

Someone called about an extended warranty for my car, which is why I went with this company. I've enjoyed using the warranty for maintenance

Trina Philadelphia, PA

I'm just not thrilled. I've been paying a hundred an thirty dollars a month do almost two years now and all I've needed was a hundred dollars. I get different information from different people when I call customer service.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for being part of the Omega Auto Care family!

Nov. 11th, 2019

zelda cox Houston, TX

The verdict is out! Due to a huge oversight on my part, i ended up purchasing two extended warrant plans. Per the advice of the Omega Auto Care company, who recommended I wait for their plan to arrive in the mail so that I could compare "apples to apples", I then made my educated decision. After comparing the plan I purchased and financed through buying my used care...and the plan from Omega Care i chose to cancel the Omega Plan. I followed the guidance of the sales representative to fill out the enclosed cancellation form and mail it to the Florida office certified. I have followed all the guidelines and advice to have my policy cancelled and my investment (payment) returned in full because it was with in the 30 day allowance. Time will tell. So far I have not heard from them but I acted in good faith, and I trust that they will stand behind their word in a timely manner so that I can clear up the charge that I made for the purchase. I will rank the experience when I have closure to the transaction. I am giving 3 stars until I receive my cancelation reenbursment settlement. Good faith agreement. I have the word "amazing" which has popped up in the corner of my comments. I am not at the point of assessing this company. I did not write "Amazing"

Elias Maroun Orlando, FL

Expensive monthly rates. Competitors are offering much lower rates for my two vehicles

Adrienne Chester, PA

It's a little pricey and I don’t like that I have to pay up front and then get reimbursed. There are a lot of improvements they can make.

Anonymous Lewiston, ME

Omega Auto Care is convenient for me but one time I thought they would cover my windshield but I had to pay out of pocket.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Windshields are not covered since they aren't mechanical or electrical in nature, and can only be damaged through physical damage. Physical damage claims falls under the umbrella of collision insurance . I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Sep. 4th, 2020

Joan

My auto specialist had to fight for me to get you to approve my repairs. I ended up having to pay something for my air conditioning compressor over the $100.00

Charles Goldsboro, PA

Everything I do, there is always a delay. It is a convenient service but it took two week for my vehicle to get fixed where I was paying for a rental car.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care!

Oct. 29th, 2019

Deidre Makowski Bridgeville, PA

Used part of my maintenance agreement fir an oil change. Disappointed it took more than 1 month to be reimbursed

Reply from Omega Auto Care

I apologize for the delay in your reimbursement. We were running a little behind after the holidays, and that is not our normal processing time. We appreciate your business, and thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care.

Mar. 9th, 2020

Pete

too slow to send the check, it took them 4 weeks

Mary

I gave the warranty to the sales clerk and it was confirmed and I got my discount.

Thank you for sharing!

Sep. 4th, 2020

Lylla Garraway

Weekends you can forget about getting assistance over the phone with a new claim

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Lylla, Our claims department is open from 7:30am-1pm cst on Saturdays. I am sorry to hear that you had a hard time getting through, but we do have people available to help you.

Nov. 21st, 2019

Chris Marshand

So-so though they would be alone better, easier to deal with

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Unfortunately all of your claims took place at the beginning of the pandemic, and we were short handed. I am very sorry that you had issues and felt like we weren't the easiest to deal with, but I hope you will give us a chance in the future to do better. We appreciate you business, and thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care!

Sep. 3rd, 2020

Amanda

The process of getting vehicle fixed is to long

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Amanda, I am sorry to hear that you felt the process was too long. If you ever have that issue in the future, please reach out to our office so that we can assist in expediting things for you. Regards, Omega Auto Care 877-850-0443

Nov. 11th, 2019