Omega Auto Care

9.0

Omega Auto Care is a car warranty provider. Mechanical car repairs can be costly and Omega aims to "take the stress out of auto repairs and surprise maintenance" for car owners with its quality car protection. Its vehicle service contract covers the repair bill, based on the level of coverage you choose.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Robert

"Each time I have needed them they have been there. It takes very little effort. The dealership contacts them in a timely manner and expedites the repairs on my vehicle. When I've had an issue they've been very responsive to my needs."

View Omega Auto Care Customer Reviews

Omega Auto Care provides car warranty plans which are different from a factory warranty because they can be purchased outside of the automotive company that the car was purchased from. Omega Auto Care strives to offer quality customer service and simple car warranty auto repair claims. Omega Auto Care also offers a maintenance benefit package that is complimentary during the first year. This repair offer makes Omega Auto Care stand out from other car warranty companies.

Omega Auto Care refunds the posted labor rates at repair facilities instead of refunding the national average, which can be lower than posted labor rates. This reimbursement method benefits Omega Auto Care clients by ensuring that they do not have to worry about paying the difference between the national average and the listed rates. Omega Auto Care is also a member of the Vehicle Protection Association.

The Good

• Provides a Variety of Warranty Plans
  • Roadside Assistance for All
  • Available in 46 States
  • Customer Service
  • Additional Maintenance Coverage

Provides a Variety of Plans

Omega Auto Care offers vehicle owners three different warranty coverage protection plans, common to the industry

• New Exclusionary
  • Used Stated Coverage
  • Powertrain Protection

The cost for each of these plans varies, but the extended auto warranty prices at Omega Auto Care start at $59.99.

New Exclusionary Plan

The New Exclusionary Plan is a vehicle warranty for models that are no older than seven years and have less than 100,000 odometer miles when the customer purchases the contract. This plan offers the company's highest level of coverage, out of all the vehicle service contracts offered by Omega Auto Care. It offers comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Used Stated Coverage

The Used Stated Coverage Plans are for vehicles that are no older than ten years and have less than 150,000 odometer miles. This plan offers slightly less coverage than the New Exclusionary plan. Still, it offers nearly comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Powertrain Protection Plan

The Powertrain Protection Plan is for car models that are less than 15 years old and have less than 250,000 odometer miles. The Powertrain coverage options have three different options; Powertrain Enhanced, Powertrain Plus, and Powertrain. The Powertrain Plan has the least amount of coverage, then Powertrain Plus, followed by Powertrain Enhanced.

All three Powertrain plans offer coverage on many components of the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axle, and more. However, they have limitations when it comes to the A/C, steering, brakes, suspension, and other areas of the car.

Roadside Assistance for All

Each contract with Omega Auto Care includes 24-hour roadside assistance, which consists of the following benefits:

• towing
  • jump starts
  • partial reimbursement for flat tire repairs
  • vehicle fluid delivery
  • lockout services
  • flat tire repair payment help
  • rental car reimbursement
  • trip interruption assistance

Available in 46 States

Omega Auto Care is available in 46 states in the United States, including Washington, D.C. Omega Auto Care’s wide range of coverage makes it possible for more cars to be covered.

FYI, Omega Auto Care does not currently offer warranty plans in the following four states:

• California
  • Minnesota
  • Rhode Island
  • Washington

Overall, according to the reviews found on Best Company, Omega Auto Care customers are fairly satisfied with their customer service experience. Many of the verified Omega Auto Care reviews mention Omega Auto Care’s customer service and claim filing system as a strong point. Customers report that its customer service is friendly, knowledgeable, and quick when it comes to their questions and car repairs.

Whenever customers experience a problem with their vehicles, Omega Auto Care advises that they immediately pull over and call the roadside assistance provider included in their warranty. The tow company will tow the customer's vehicle to a nearby repair facility. When it comes to filing a claim, the customer first needs to call Omega Auto Care to begin the claim process. From there, Omega Auto Care will make sure that the customer's car is diagnosed to determine where the car failure is occurring.

The customer can utilize the rental car option if the maintenance repair is approved. Omega Auto Care keeps the claim system as simple as possible by picking the customer up, towing the vehicle to the repair shop, providing a rental car, and paying the maintenance bill for the repair services. Omega Auto Care strives to make it easy to take advantage of its vehicle protection coverage.

Additional Maintenance Coverage

Omega Auto Care is one of the only providers that offer a free maintenance benefit package with their plans. The maintenance benefits include oil changes, a battery change, a brake pad replacement, cooling system maintenance and lube, and safety inspections. This maintenance package can be valued at up to $500.

The Bad

• No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles
  • Limited Coverage Plans

No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles

While Omega Auto Care covers most vehicle makes and models, it does not offer coverage for luxury brands such as Lamborghini, Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, etc.

Limited Coverage Plans

While Omega Auto Care offers three different extended warranty plans, there are other vehicle warranty companies that offer more warranty options. Furthermore, if a car is older than 15 years or has more miles than 250,000 odometer miles, there are no car warranty plans available through Omega Auto Care.

The Bottom Line

Choosing the right service contract for you from a trustworthy warranty company is essential. Omega Auto Care offers its clients plenty of coverage options to choose from to ensure they can get the amount of coverage right for them. Omega Auto Care is available almost everywhere in the United States, making it accessible for most people.

Omega Auto Care offers quality customer assistance to answer your questions quickly and process your claims promptly.

If Omega Auto Care interests you, call an Omega Auto Care representative to ensure the company offers coverage in your area and for your vehicle.

Eric Stanley Cheraw, SC

This company is a complete ponzi scheme that merely wants to collect your money and not fix your vehicle i paid in almost 2 grand and had a wheel bearing go out. It took them 2 months to mail the dealership a bearing and then i had to pay for rhe labor and i had the highest package. Now they wont fix my power steering pump because of a 2 dollar clamp thats not covered in my policy. This company will be hearing from my attorneys

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Mr. Stanley, As you may recall, the part arrived in 4 DAYS, but since you never updated your phone number with your dealership, they couldn't reach you to let you know it arrived. They also never reached out to us to let us know there was a problem, so as far as we knew, you had been well taken care of. Having said that, I reached out to your dealership in regard to the labor difference, and we will be more than happy to refund that. I tried calling you a few times today but was unable to get through. We need to speak to you to verify the address before sending it, so please reach out to us at your convenience. Please call 877-850-0443, choose customer service, and request ext 224. Have a great day!

Mar. 3rd, 2021

motown33 ,

I paid my money in good faith and they didn't honor there side of of the agreement. I had to replace my own transmission.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Hi, Since you didn't write the review with your name, I am unable to locate you, and therefore unable to look into your file and see if we made a mistake or if something else happened. I would love to know what took place with your claim since we most certainly always honor out contracts. Please reach out to our customer service at 877-850-0443 and request ext 224. Have a great day!!

Mar. 3rd, 2021

Joseph Chesapeake, VA

At first I thought it was a good coverage plan but it hasn’t turned out that way. I used it to get an oil change once and it took a really long time and they didn’t cover the parts that were specified over the phone.

Elliot

The service I needed covered isn't covered under their warranty. I ended up having to pay out of pocket after I took my car to the dealer.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Elliot, We can only cover the items listed in your contract. The level of coverage you purchase is based on the mileage on your vehicle at the time you purchase the policy. I could clarify things a little better if I know exactly what failed and what level of coverage you have. If you would like to discuss, please give us a call at 877-850-0443 ext 224.

Mar. 5th, 2021

Hector Guzman

You need to be honest with ur customers one person told me something and the other told me a way different price for the same thing. Makes no sense

Marian Whiting, NJ

They take too long to answer. I was at the car shop to get my car fixed and it took them almost two hours before I got them to approve it. It’s not worth it. Because of Covid-19 they want the price to go up an extra sixty dollars. They bait and switch.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Marian, We have not increased any prices due to Covid-19, so I am not sure what you are referring to. I think you are mistaking us for another company. Your rates with are are the same as they always have been. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to our office at 877-850-0443 ext 224

Mar. 5th, 2021

Heraldo Reyes

They don’t take care of the client and they make you wait more than normal

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Mr. Reyes, We requested photos from your shop on 7/31 but never received them. On 8/6 we were informed that you took the vehicle from the shop, and then we never heard back. We are more than happy to continue the claim once you bring the vehicle back to the repair facility. Sincerely, Omega Auto Care

Barbara

Not a good one. You definitely don't get what you are initially told of the coverage.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Barbara, We covered exactly what your policy called for, as we always do. I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding of some kind in regard to the coverage. If you ever need additional clarification on what's covered, please don't hesitate to call our office. Our reps are standing by and are more than happy to go over things with you.

Sep. 4th, 2020

Horrible, they nit pick every single claim and take forever to get any type of repair done. You'll have a rental for at least 1 week and they only reimburse you for the amount of time actually spent on the labor. You will be on hold for an average of 1hr everytime you call them.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Good Morning, I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, but unfortunately we were affected by the pandemic just like everyone else, and were short staffed. I can assure you that we were all working VERY hard to make sure that everyone was taken care of. We implemented new procedures to be as efficient as possible, and we are getting back on track. I hope that you will give us another chance to show you that we are worth more than 1 star. Thank you for your understanding.

Sep. 4th, 2020

Mitchel

It's a nightmare for the company that is always working on my vehicle to get in contact with you guys and have Omega call back to pay. My car is at a dealership for 3 days for AC condenser. Three days.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Mitchel, I am sorry you were having trouble getting through, but unfortunately we were short handed due to Covid. There was a large number of employees not being able to come to work because of it. We were aware of the delays, and we were working diligently to get everyone taken care of. We are truly sorry for the delay , and we are working to have order restored for future claims. We hope that you will allow us to show you our normal claims process and just how efficient it normally is. Thank you for sharing! Sincerely, Omega Auto Care

Michele

I have not had adequate service from them and I end up coming out of pocket significantly. I used my warranty two months ago on my air conditioner in my car. This is something that has been replaced by Omega Auto Care before. The first time they paid it in full. This time they did not and I had to come out of pocket close to four hundred dollars.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Michele, Please give us a call so that we can look into this, as you should NOT have to pay if it was the same repair. Request ext 224 when you call. Have a great day! Regards, Omega Auto Care

Jul. 9th, 2020

Jacki Bradford

Not very interested in helping. Been with them for over 1/12 and still haven’t received anything showing my policy or card

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Jacki, I am rather confused by the negative review, as we have paid out $3,625.46 in claims for you in quite an expeditious manner, and you never had to pay more than your deductible. In addition to that, Omega Auto Care doesn't provide paperwork, as it is generated and mailed out automatically by a fulfillment company with your seller. We would love to hear what it is that has made your experience so unpleasant, so I will send you an email in addition to this response, and would love to hear back from you. Sincerely, Omega Auto Care

Lisa San Antonio, TX

It is confusing and takes a lot to get information from customer support.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Lisa, You have been a customer of ours for 2 years, and have had 6 claims totaling $9,677.06 during that time. You've used rental reimbursements, made payments over the phone, and been through our claims process on multiple occasions, so I am beyond confused about not just the 1-star rating, but that you state that it's hard to get information. I can only hope that you confused us with another company when you left this review since it has paid you 3x the contract price in just the first two years. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions, as our staff are all here ready to answer any questions you may have. Regards, Omega Auto Care 877-850-0443

Jul. 8th, 2020

Lashanna Daytona Beach, FL

It just sucks. I used my warranty at the end of March and got duped out of my money and I tried to cancel and I have not been able to cancel because everybody wants to beat me. When a person calls to cancel, they should be allowed to cancel. I do not like their services whatsoever.

Dianne

I had a problem with my vehicle on November 5th and put in to get help and I did not get my car out until after Christmas. It was a miserable experience. I kept getting feedback saying that it was the insurance not coming through and they just bickered back and forth.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Dianne, I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. I was able to locate your account and I did see that there were some delays, but the biggest issue was that your cylinder head was on back order. Unfortunately there wasn't anything we could do to change that since were not the ones supplying the part. The good news is that we paid $3116.45 to get your vehicle back on the road. I hope you can understand why this was. We look forward to serving you in the future. Regards, Omega Auto Care

May. 22nd, 2020

Cory Windelspecht Glens Falls, NY

DO NOT BUY. They will literally find a way to not pay for anything that breaks down. I paid $3200 for coverage and throughout the life of the contract they’ve only covered about $700 for things that broke. They will find someway to say they’re not covering something that breaks. Do not gamble your money with them, they are snakes and they will turn on you. they talk a great game when they’re selling you in the moment they have your money they never cover anything.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Cory, It is unfortunate that you felt as though we tried to get out of paying your claims. We did pay $1300 in claims for you, but there were two items that weren't eligible. Your contract has a list of covered items, and the two we denied weren't on that list. You were essentially asking for coverage outside of your policy. I hope this clarifies things a bit, but if not, please don't hesitate to give our office a call. Sincerely, Omega Auto Care

Keith Redondo Beach, CA

My experience with Omega Auto Care was and has been horrible!!! after almost a year paying into a plan for coverage AND optional coverage, they wouldn't cover part of my AC/Heating for a re-seal of a part. I called ahead of time to get authorization and they approved the repair, but once the car was left at the dealership and I got a loaner, Omega denied coverage for the re-seal. I called and spoke with "Amy" and after some debate, she again approved the repair. So, again I take the car back up there, get another loaner and after 3 days, the dealership calls me saying that Omega denied coverage! I litteraly had approval just 3 days prior. Then I tried to get to get my Nav System fixed and that is the optional coverage, and again, before I took it to the dealership, I was approved by the representative....so, I take the vehicle to the dealership, get a loaner and told them to contact Omega for payment. After two days, the dealership contacts me and tells me Omega will only approve fixing the Radio, however, the radio is not brocken. So, I contact Omega and explain that its the Nav System, not the radio, and again, it's approved. So I contact the dealer and explain that just send the Nav System part number and they will approve it. 3 days later, again Omega denies coverage saying lights on the motherboard is not covered. So I speak with a manager who I point out clearly in their policy that it says ALL compenents are coverved. He then says lights that fail in those components are Wear and Tear, for which i explain that these parts are not accessible to wear and tear because you cannot wear them out or tear them, they are part of an electronic motherboard within the system.... needless to say Omega gladly takes your money, but refuses to honor its own policy.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Good Morning, This is so absolutely ridiculous that I shouldn't even dignify it with a response, but since this is a public forum, I have to, and cannot allow the public to believe that any of this is true. I have personally spoken to you, and not only were you rude and condescending, but you were also completely irrational. Everyone was wrong but you, including YOUR mechanic, that YOU chose. You did NOT have a failure to a covered part. There was simply a burned out light bulb on a knob. Your claims were NEVER approved, and you did not need a reseal. You needed a part called a "valley plate", which is NOT a seal, even thought you keep insisting it is. You disagreed about FACTS, which isn't something you can even do. A fact is a fact. Although I personally disagreed with the decision, our claims manager did in fact make a judgement call and promised you a FULL refund. Online reviews are great, but it is quite unfortunate when consumers like you write blatant lies like this. I realize that this response is a little unorthodox, and probably not the most professional, but you didn't leave us much choice. We are always open to being transparent, fair, and compliant, but it is incredibly unfortunate when someone like you takes advantage of the system and is allowed to file a completely erroneous complaint such as this, and permanently harm our reputation. Sincerely, Omega Auto Care

Mar. 9th, 2020

James Manning Virginia Beach, VA

If I could I would give them no stars but I guess I had to give them one in order to leave a comment I cancel my contract within 30 days and they still stole my down payment very fraudulent to me i will leave it in God's hand and i pray to god that there business wont prosper thanks for notheing

Kyle L Anderson

You guys suck, You all took my money and could not repair anything that was wrong with my vehicle $200 a month for nothing. I feel like I was raped I'm a rape victim. I would never ever recommend this company to another person. And you don't even register on the star scale. That's that that's why I am not putting a star on the second question. You don't register plus you didn't even pay me back my oil change money from when I have my oil change in a timely manner told me a lie saying checks don't come out until later this year of some bull crap. You all are a sham..

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Good Morning, This is so absolutely ridiculous that I shouldn't even dignify it with a response, but since this is a public forum, I have to, and cannot allow the public to believe that any of this is true. I have personally spoken to you, and not only were you rude and condescending, but you were also completely irrational. Everyone was wrong but you, including YOUR mechanic, that YOU chose. You disagreed about FACTS, which isn't something you can even do. A fact is a fact. Although I personally disagreed with the decision, our claims manager did in fact make a judgement call and promised you a FULL refund. Online reviews are great, but it is quite unfortunate when consumers like you write blatant lies like this. I realize that this response is a little unorthodox, and probably not the most professional, but you didn't leave us much choice. We are always open to being transparent, fair, and compliant, but it is incredibly unfortunate when someone like you takes advantage of the system and is allowed to file a completely erroneous complaint such as this, and permanently harm our reputation. You did NOT have a failure to a covered part. There was simply a burned out light bulb on a knob. Sincerely, Omega Auto Care

Mar. 9th, 2020

Richard Wade Columbia, SC

I was charged 148.00 a month. When it was time to repair my car transmission i received the worst treatment that i had never seen. The take charge communication from the company was flat . I have mobile driving job. It took forever to finalize the contract. I stll had to go to work. When the intial service was rendered i was told it was less than a eight hour job. they would not grant me a payment coverage for a rental car. I had to have acar for 21/2 weeks

Erik Pensacola, FL

Worst company ever!! Tried to cancel my policy and I got the run around and called stupid.

Kevin Hilton

Extremely Dissatisfied. You did not pay for the full amount AS STATED IN THE CONTRACT!!! I should have believed the reviews.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Kevin, We DID pay the full amount "as stated in the contract" for your repair. You chose to have additional non-covered maintenance performed on your vehicle a the time of repair. As I am sure you can understand, we are not responsible for the regular maintenance on the vehicle. I f you take a look at your final invoice so will see it as well. Also, Caitlin took time out to go over everything with you in great detail, and even called you back after this review to make sure that you had a clear understanding of everything on the invoice. If you have any additional questions or require clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out to our office. Sincerely, Omega Auto Care 877-850-0443

Aug. 16th, 2019