Contact a company – $100 satisfaction guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Delta Auto Protect

Delta Auto Protect Logo

6.9

Delta Auto Protect

Delta Auto Protect offers a price match guarantee on their warranties.

Delta Auto Protect is an extended auto warranty company. It was founded in 2003 with the goal of providing exceptional service in giving comprehensive vehicle protection to drivers nationwide beyond a factory warranty. The company offers its customers extended auto warranty plans to help pay for expensive car repairs, and they include roadside assistance with all of their plans.

Delta shares a comprehensive list on the company's website of systems that are covered in their protection plans. This list assists consumers as they choose a warranty plan, especially as there are many exclusions.

autopom! Logo autopom! ›

7.8

Overall
Score

CARCHEX Logo CARCHEX ›

7.6

Overall
Score

Endurance Logo Endurance ›

7.6

Overall
Score

Delta Auto Protect Logo Delta Auto Protect ›

6.9

Overall
Score

The Good

• Basic Features of Service Plan
  • Other Features

Basic Features of Service Plan

Delta Auto Protect offers customers three coverage plans: Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Diamond Premier.

These extended warranty plans vary in the level of coverage. The month payment also varies depending on the warranty plan. The plans are cumulative, with higher-tiered plans adding additional coverage to the lower-tiered plans.

Instead of being separated into Basic (e.g. bumper-to-bumper), Corrosion, and Powertrain Warranties, Delta Auto Protect offers vehicle service contract options that cover different parts of the vehicle's systems.

Each extended service contract includes coverage of the engine, drive axle, transmission, cooling, brake, AWD, and electrical systems. Diamond Plus Plans add coverage of 4x4 systems and steering. The Diamond Premier Plan includes ABS brakes, seals and gaskets, air conditioning, GPS navigation, and suspension systems. Diamond Premier Plans also cover "Hi-Tech," but there is no expounding information about this coverage.

Other Features

All extended car warranty plans include roadside assistance with towing, car rental, flat tire assistance, and emergency fuel, etc. Car rentals are only available in the event of a breakdown. Towing is to the nearest ASE certified repair shop. Towing and rental car coverage are limited to one tow and one rental car per auto repair as well as once per seven day period for the same cause.

The Bad

• Cost of Service Plan
  • Basic Service Plan Length
  • Doesn't Cover Everything
  • Time in Business

Cost of Service Plan

Delta Auto Protect does not disclose their pricing for their extended service plans. These are priced based on several factors, including the vehicle's mileage, make/model, and geographic location of the vehicle. The plans are also priced with higher-tiered plans such as the Diamond Plus and Diamond Premier Plans being priced more expensively than the baseline Diamond Plan.

Basic Service Plan Length

Delta Auto Protect does not disclose the length of its extended service contracts online.

Doesn't Cover Everything

Delta Auto Protect does not offer corrosion coverage with any of its service plans.

Additionally, auto protection plans may only be valid if the car is properly maintained according to the warranty maintenance terms. Repairs necessary due to normal wear and tear are also not usually covered by an extended car warranty.

Time in Business

Delta Auto Protect was founded in 2003. Delta Auto Protect is relatively new to the business compared to some of its competitor warranty providers.

The Bottom Line

Delta Auto Protect does not offers, extended service plans to help cover the cost of expensive repairs. The company has gained significant market share in the few years of its operation. There are significant circumstances which may void a Delta service plan, so anyone purchasing a plan should be thoroughly aware of their personal responsibilities, particularly regarding maintenance and record keeping.

Delta Auto Protect might be a good option for those who regularly maintain their vehicles, keep immaculate records, and want coverage against unexpected repairs. If prospective customers are not able or willing to do these things, they should avoid the company, as they would find that they had purchased something which was not going to provide the auto protection that they expected when they experience car trouble.

View Best Car Warranty Companies

Cassy
November 2nd, 2018 Sheffield Lake, OH DETAILS

Delta Auto Protect has not only the best customer service but the most understanding and helpful staff I've ever had the pleasure to work with. I had such a hard time figuring out what to do when transmission went out. The great thing about the Delta reps is that they actually know cars themselves. They gave me great advice on what to do when I go to the garage to get my car repaired, and offered to even speak with the garage directly. My car was fixed quickly, but even during that time, Delta made provisions for m to get a rental car. Very grateful!

Lee
November 2nd, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

I found myself in a panic when the warranty on my car expired. I was nervous because I crossed my fingers and hoped that nothing went wrong with my car. I read about Delta Auto Protect and decided to give them a try. It was the best decision ever! I feel like my car is protected now and I don't have to be scared of issues with my car anymore. I am so very pleased with my policy, especially the roadside assistance component. I'm glad I don't need a secondary company to handle tows or lockout situations.

Nichita Lisenchin
October 29th, 2018 Tampa, FL DETAILS

SCAMMERS!! I'm fighting with them for 2 months and they still can't send me my refund $2000. They said 3 times my check was sent but it was never sent! You wait for 30 minutes in line and then they hang up!!!!!

Alicia
October 29th, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

I was offered a choice of extended warranties at the dealership when I purchased my car. I didn't go with any of the dealership options and instead decided to do research on a third party company. I chose Delta Auto Protect because I was not placed on hold for a long time, someone came to the line quickly and was very patient in explaining how extended warranties work. After speaking with the rep, I decided it would be beneficial to purchase with my used car. I hope to never have to use it but i hope the experience is just as positive if I should.

Michael Watts
October 29th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS

Delta Auto Protect is my pick for an extended warranty. I did a lot of research because I have a high-mileage vehicle and wanted to make sure I got the best policy to cover my vehicle. Extended car warranties have the most value for drivers with high-mileage vehicles because this is when the risk for breakdowns is at its highest. So, if you rely on your 245,000-mile truck for work, an extended car warranty from Delta Auto Protect has better value than if you drove a new car with just 40,000 miles. Most services don’t want to cover high-mileage vehicles, so they limit the mileage to minimize their risk of payouts. But Delta Auto Protect provides a lot of coverage options. In addition, Delta's quote process is above-average, and its average cost per mile covered is among the most affordable. I hope my review helps someone who is in the market for an extended warranty.

Chloe Kim
October 29th, 2018 Federal Way, WA DETAILS

I was on a road trip with some friends and my car broke down in the middle of a long highway with no reasonable stops in sight. They paid for alternative transportation to transport me and my vehicle to a nearby shop. I was able to have a certified tech figure out what was wrong with my car and get it fixed! They made what would have been a disaster into a little bump in the road. My car was fixed quickly and they did all they could to make sure me and my friends were taken care of. Thank goodness I had extended warranty with Delta.

Emily Rechard
October 22nd, 2018 Magee, MS DETAILS

I am happy customer of Delta Auto Protect. Recently I had repairs on my car because the air conditioner was not cooling. I called customer service and Barbara helped me to choose a local garage for service. I passed on the offer to tow as I just left the air off, but I did accept the offer for a rental car. When my car was ready, my AC worked great. I just paid my deductible and off I went. This company has great customer service. If anyone looking for a car warranty, you should go with Delta.

Adibe Francis
October 19th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS

I was on my way to a meeting last week when my car began running very hot. I called Delta Auto Protect and they sent a tow truck and towed my car to a local garage for repairs. They also rented a car for me to carry out my domestic needs. They were able to find the problem and fixed it within a short period of time. I was amazed by their quick response and the low deductible it cost me. If you buy a used car, you should get their extended warranty.

Annie Lambert
October 19th, 2018 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

I was having problems with my car air conditioning. When ever I turned it on, it would blow hot air. Delta offered a tow, but I just took it to the shop with the ac off. They did get me a rental car to use while mine was in for repair. And, when it was ready, all l I had to do was pay a low deductible. I'm extremely satisfied and the workers were friendly and efficient.

Veronica S
October 18th, 2018 Brooklyn, MD DETAILS

The busiest time of the day on highways is rush hour. Cars driving bumper to bumper and this is not the time for your car to just poop out. Well, it happen to me all a sudden my car cut off. Luckily, I was able to coast it to the side of the highway. I just thought it was a minor problem of overheating. I let it set for awhile and then tried to start it but it would not turn over. I grabbed my phone and called Delta Auto Protect. I had taken out a policy with them for auto repairs and the very polite representative helped me in my situation. A tow truck arrived within 30 minutes and towed me to my chose of repair shop. Upon evaluation my starter had dysfunction and was advice it would take several days to repair. DAP contacted me at the shop to see how everything worked out I told them the situation and they immediately arranged a rental car to come so I would have transportation. This company, Delta Auto Protect was a lifesaver so happy I took out a policy they saved me a ton of money and all I did was pay a small deductible. If you have automobiles and want to save on costly repairs I advise you to give DAP a call today

Sheron
October 17th, 2018 Somerset, PA DETAILS

I was on my way to work and then my car just stopped in the middle of the road. So I called Delta Auto Protect because I have a great warranty with them. I was amazed at how helpful the agent was with me, and very patient too. She arranged for a tow and a renter while mine was in the shop. When I picked up my car, I paid my deductible and drove off very happy. Thanks Delta!

Myechia
October 15th, 2018 Chester, PA DETAILS

I bought the Delta Auto Protect when I got my used car. It paid off when my car died in the church parking lot. Unfortunately a jump did not start the car, so I called DAP for help. They arranged for a tow and a rental car until mine was fixed. A few days later my car was ready and I only had to pay the deductible. DAP is great!

Ashley Donohoe
October 15th, 2018 Milford, OH DETAILS

Back in August, my Volkswagen Beetle had a transmission problem that left me stranded on my drive home from work. The car could not gain enough acceleration to make it up a hill to my house, so I had to pull over for my own safety. I reached out to Delta Auto Protect and explained where I was stranded and what happened when I was driving. The associate I spoke with empathized with my situation and quickly got a tow truck out to me within half an hour. The tow truck driver took my Beetle to the local Volkswagen dealership, where I found out I’d need an expensive transmission replacement. However, my Delta Auto Protect plan saved me money since I was only liable for a small deductible instead of the thousands for the transmission replacement. I’d recommend the company to anybody who has an out-of-warranty vehicle and wants some protection for major car repairs.

Felicia Muncy
October 15th, 2018 Jeffersonville, IN DETAILS

When I bough my used car I also got an extended warranty from Delta Auto Protect. This came in handy when my car started smoking is the grocery store parking lot. I called Delta for help and they arranged for a tow to a local shop and a rental car to use while it was being repaired. The radiator had developed a hole in it, which was repaired. When I checked out, I only had to pay my deductible. Thanks Delta!

Whitney genther
October 12th, 2018 Coloma, MI DETAILS

I purchased a used vehicle and decided to get a warranty since I bought the car used. A little later I was on the side of the road with a broke down car. I called Delta Auto Protect for my warranty and they had someone out to tow it to a shop. They even had a rental for me to use while my car was getting fixed. And having a fixed income it was great that all I had to do was pay my deductible. They have a great extended auto warranty.

Takarah r
October 9th, 2018 Windsor, CT DETAILS

A few weeks ago my car wasn't running like it should, so I took it to a local shop and it turned out to be a suspension problem. Thank God I had the extended warranty with Delta because this would have cost me a fortune. Instead, I only had to pay my deductible. The claims service was so fast on the phone. Barbara, at Delta, also arranged for a rental car for me to use while mine was in the shop. I would recommend them to anyone who buys a used car. Thank you.

Brian Slafter
October 8th, 2018 Centralia, IL DETAILS

I contacted customer service at Delta Auto Protect about requesting a tow for my vehicle to the nearest ASE service center because my electric power steering system had went out. Lawrence in customer service not only arranged for a tow, but also a rental car too. When my car was ready, all I had to do was pay my out of pocket deductible. I am definitely renewing my policy.

Saad D
October 5th, 2018 Irvine, CA DETAILS

Delta Auto Protect is a lifesaver. In emergencies, this is the best roadside assistance you can get. On my recent trip to San Diego from Orange County, the car overheated. One call to the Delta toll-free helpline and help arrived within the hour. I only had to take care of a reasonable deductible which is worth considering the awesome help I got from Delta. They arranged for a tow for my car to a near by shop, who were able to add coolant. They assured me that that was all I needed and the car is running fine now. Thank you Delta!

Gaayathry Subramaniyan
October 4th, 2018 Plano, TX DETAILS

I am very happy with the service I received from Delta Auto Protect. When my car broke down, I called Delta Auto Protect for help. A truck was arranged to move my car, as well as a rental car to use while my car was under repair. When I contacted customer service, they were nice and walked me through the claim process. I only had to pay my deductible which was a bargain. This is the best service and warranty that I could say ever. Thanks.

Joyce Persson
October 1st, 2018 Odessa, TX DETAILS

We recently had a thunderstorm that drenched us all, including my car. Somehow, some water ran into the back floorboard through the window. I called Delta Auto Protect and they found a place that specialized in cleaning water out of a car. I took it over to the shop and they totally cleaned the inside of my car. It is like new. I paid my deductible and was on my way. I absolutely love the customer service. Very friendly and professional representatives. I will be recommending them to every one I know.

Fortunate Mojapelo
September 28th, 2018 Bowie, MD DETAILS

I have had a car problem for little over a year now , my car engine would just stop running whenever it feels like it and i would have to restart it again. On Saturday things were different because it stopped working as I was on my way from work. I have an extended warranty with Delta Auto Protect, so called for help. They towed my car and rented a car for me to get home. Everyone was very friendly and they provided a very good, professional service. I'm a very happy client. All it cost me was my deductible.

Stella Smith
September 27th, 2018 Adrian, MI DETAILS

Delta Auto Protect saved me a ton of money on my transmission which was slipping. I am a single mother of 4 school aged children so my vehicle is very important to us. I called Delta Auto Protect as soon as I realized the problem. Their customer service is available 24 hours a day which is very helpful and they arranged for my vehicle to be towed the next morning. They also got me a rental car to use while mine was in the shop. When they were finished all I paid was my deductible and I was back on the road again. Pick Delta Auto Protect its worth it.

Abby
September 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Delta Auto Protect has probably provided me with more useful service than any other company I'm with. I use my car on a daily basis so when it began making weird noises, I had to take it in to a repair shop on my lunch break and I was so nervous it would take me forever to get through to a Delta rep. Thankfully, it didn't and the whole process was completed within the hour. My car is currently being repaired (engine issues, yikes) as we speak and I will be picking it up today! Looking forward to seeing how the process completes.'

Deijah McClain
September 26th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I received a call from an agent working with Delta and I decided to hear him out, he told me about the benefits of having a warranty for your car and explained to me all about the coverage I would get and how they would work with my budget , he was very knowledgeable and friendly I bought the warranty that same day and I’ve had a few issues with my car since but Delta was there for me every step of the way.

[email protected]
September 24th, 2018 DETAILS

I went grocery shopping and realized that I lost my keys! I called the customer service line at Delta Auto Protect and inquired if they could assist because I have an extended warranty with them. Customer service was knowledgeable and offered to send a locksmith out to my location. Within an hour a mobile locksmith showed up and unlocked the door. There were my keys on the floor board - Whew! I was so relieved that all I had to pay was my deductible. I'm very impressed. Thanks!

Jalynn
September 24th, 2018 Canton, OH DETAILS

I would recommend a Delta Auto Protect extended warranty to anyone who buys a used car. My car was acting funny on the highway so I pulled over to see if I could figure out the issue. I couldn’t seem to figure out what was wrong, so I got back in and my car wouldn’t even start. I called Delta Auto Protect to use mt warranty and they arranged a tow truck arrive quickly. My car was taken to a local garage for repairs. Delta also provided me with a rental while my car was in the shop. I only had to pay the deductible, which was very low!

TJ
September 21st, 2018 Littleton, CO DETAILS

What a lousy company, poor service, on hold for hours, Do not but from this company,there are so many better companies out there. They are the worst company on the planet. Save your money.

Patricia Savina
September 21st, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

My husband was driving from home to work on the highway, when suddenly the car in front of him was swerving left and right uncontrollably. He tapped the brake gently but the car wasn’t slowing down. He had to press down really hard to slow the vehicle. It was a scary moment for him. He exited the highway and pulled over to make a phone call to Delta. We have had Delta extended auto coverage since buying my used car. Barbara in customer service arranged for a tow truck to take the car to a local garage. The problem was the vacuum on his brake. They immediately took care of his problem. All he had to pay was a low deductible to cover all the work they did. Thank you Delta for being there when we needed you.

Takesha Williams
September 21st, 2018 Clarksdale, MS DETAILS

Delta Auto Protection is a very dependable company there is. My car had died in the grocery store parking lot and did not respond to a jump, so I called them for help. I told them what happened, and they immediately called someone to come and tow my car. I also got a rental car until my car was fixed and when it was ready I only had to pay was my deductible. Thanks!

Shaneisha Dodson
September 18th, 2018 Spring, TX DETAILS

A few days ago, I started to hear a squeaking noise every time I pushed on my brakes. I took my car to the shop. The mechanic said that I needed to replace my front brakes. I drove back home and read my warranty. My brakes were covered. I didn't have to pay much money out of pocket. I'm so thankful for my extended warranty. It has been a life saver whenever I've had car trouble.

Keziah Clark
September 18th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

My check engine light had been on for a bit and as I was driving home on the highway my car died on me. I pulled over to the shoulder, but I couldn't start it up again. I am so glad my phone was charged because I immediately called Delta Auto Protect because I had an emergency. When I told the agent what my problem was, she called for a tow and within an hour the tow came to my rescue. Sarah also arranged for a rental car for me to use while the car was under repair. When I got my car back a few days later, I only had to pay my deductible, and the check engine light was off. Awesome service Delta Auto Protect!

Isaiah Petty
September 17th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

I was headed north on I95 20 miles from home to go to work. Right before arrival, I stopped at the gas station and experienced car trouble when I tried to crank the vehicle back up and it was unsuccessful. I spoke with a rep from company to come up with a solution. The company directed me to a few mechanics to diagnose the issue. Turns out the starter was not very functional. Fortunately, I was able to get the car towed to a nearby shop for minor repair to that issue, as well as given a ride to work minutes within expected arrival time.

Caira Searles
September 17th, 2018 Paterson, NJ DETAILS

When my car started dripping water onto the passenger floorboard, I became very concerned. I called Delta Auto Protect for help using my extended warranty. James helped me select a local garage, where I took my car for service. He also arranged for a rental car to use during repairs. The AC line had a plug in it and was dripping back into the car. They fixed that and after a couple of days, I paid my deductible and was off in my car. Thanks Delta!

Erin
September 13th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS

Delta Auto Protect really helped me in a sticky situation. I need my car to get to and from work, so when it broke down, I was horrified. I am grateful that my policy has provisions to handle situations like this. I was able to get towed to a shop and only had to pay a portion of the cost of repairing my alternator. An extended warranty sounds like something you'll never use but it's been a worthy investment to me.

Joseph Petty
September 12th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

At the time there were problems with my hear and air conditioning system in my car. I went days and days at a time without heat and this was around the winter time when the heater was most needed, and Delta Auto Protect was more than helpful. They were quick in filing my claim, and communicated better than most companies I've worked with. The repair shop where I got my repairs done said that they did not have to chase Delta down to be paid. Really happy with this service.

Kaleema folk
September 12th, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

Delta auto protect is a good company if your looking for good coverage on your car. I have good coverage on my car at a great cost. Fair pricing. They have outstanding customer service. I couldn’t have asked for any better. They thoroughly explain everything to you beginning to end. The service agreement is totally worth it and I recommend it.

Travis
September 10th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

The blower went out in my car and dropped it off on Tuesday 9/4/19. My claim was approved and was given a call on Wednesday 9/5/18 that the work was done, but the shop was waiting to be compensated before they would release my vehicle. Here it is Saturday afternoon, the bill has not been settled, and I still dont have my car! I have called twice and still no one has bothered to get back to me or paid the claim they approved before the work began. I am leaving out of town tomorrow for a family reunion and since my car is being held hostage I have to rearrange my travel plans because of Delta Auto Protect. Monday 9/10/18 I am still without my car and have not been contacted by anyone from Delta. Tomorrow will be a week since I dropped off my car. It’s been ready for pick up since Wednesday the 5th. I may have to consider paying the bill myself. I cannot recommend anyone do business with these guys. I can only imagine how difficult it will be to cancel the the policy, if these yahoos can not manage to pay a $545 bill that they approved in the first place

Dashiell M Finley
September 10th, 2018 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS

I have had an excellent experience with this company. I opted to purchase this extended warranty mostly because it includes extensive coverage, including transmissions, brake systems, and engines for a fraction of the price of competitors. This warranty additionally covers services like towing for out-of-gas emergencies, rental cars, dead battery replacements, and locksmiths— all features I've paid for out of pocket for at one point. I certainly will not be making such an error again. Essentially, this extended warranty has been a really good purchase that has ended saving me a substantial sum of money. I would highly recommend it!

Tim
September 7th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Every ASE certified mechanic I've taken my vehicle to has been happy to service it using my extended warranty. They've found that the customer service representatives were very helpful and courteous, and always processed claims in a timely manner. I'm most impressed by the company because they made my policy make sense so I know that it fits my needs. I would definitely recommend them.

Carmaletta Street
September 7th, 2018 Detroit, TX DETAILS

I made the best decision in my life buying their Warranty. Delta Auto Protect is a very honest company. I bought the Premium warranty package and had my car in the shop for repair, the service mechanic was very knowledgeable and worked very well with the Delta claims department to get my car fixed under the warranty. My car needed way more work than expected but the price for the estimation was efficient for my claim.