Delta Auto Protect

Delta Auto Protect Logo

5.4

Delta Auto Protect

Delta Auto Protect offers a price match guarantee on their warranties.

Delta Auto Protect was founded in 2003 with the goal of providing exceptional service as they give comprehesive coverage to drivers nationwide. The company offers its customers extended service plans to help pay for expensive car repairs, and they include roadside assistance with all of ther plans. Delta shares a comprehensive list online of systems which are covered, which assists clients as they choose their plan, especially as there are many exclusions.

The Good

• Basic Features of Service Plan
  • Other Features

Basic Features of Service Plan

Delta Auto Protect offers customer three plans: Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Diamond Premier. These plans vary in the different features that they offer as well as in the pricing. The plans are cumulative, with higher-tiered plans adding additional coverage to the lower-tiered plans. Rather than being separated as are new car warranties into Basic (e.g. bumper-to-bumper), Corrosion, and Powertrain Warranties, Delta Auto Protect is an extended service plan and not a warranty and covers different parts of the vehicle's systems. All plans include coverage of the engine, drive axle, transmission, cooling, brake, AWD, and electrical systems. Diamond Plus Plans add coverage of 4x4 systems and steering. The Diamond Premier Plan includes ABS brakes, seals and gaskets, air conditioning, GPS navigation, and suspension systems. Diamond Premier Plans also cover "Hi-Tech," but there is no expounding information about this coverage.

Other Features

All plans include roadside assistance with towing, car rental, flat tire assistance, and emergency fuel, etc. Car rentals are only available in the event of a breakdown and towing is to the nearest ASE certified repair shop. Towing and rental car coverage are limited to one tow/rental car per repair as well as once per seven day period for the same cause.

The Bad

• Cost of Service Plan
  • Basic Service Plan Length
  • Time in Business
  • What Customers are Saying

Cost of Service Plan

Delta Auto Protect does not disclose their pricing for their extended service plans. These are priced based on several factors, including the vehicle's mileage, make/model, and geographic location of the vehicle. The plans are also priced with higher-tiered plans such as the Diamond Plus and Diamond Premier Plans being priced more expensively than the baseline Diamond Plan.

Basic Service Plan Length

Delta Auto Protect does not disclose the length of its extended service contracts online.

Corrosion Coverage with Service Plan

Delta Auto Protect does not offer corrosion coverage with any of its service plans.

Time in Business

Delta Auto Protect was founded in 2013. As such, compared to many of its competitors, the company is not as experienced. In an article recently published on its site titled, "Don't Worry About a Delta Auto Protect Scam," the company accused its competitors of "Black Hat" SEO (search engine optimization) techniques and flooding the market with false and negative reviews about the company. Conversely, there are many positive reviews on reputable sites which are strikingly similar in their text, timeframe and the names of customers or representatives, leaving some question as to whether the company is attempting to offset these reviews with a plethora of positive reviews using the same method which it has accused others of using. While not definitive, it is certainly suspicious.

What Customers Are Saying

There are many reports from customers who state that their claims were not paid or that the process to get claims paid was extensive and troublesome. This may be in part to the number of requirements that the company publishes for the service plan to be honored and maintained. In effect, if customers do not follow each of the requirements that the company has set forth, they may have unknowingly voided their service plan, even though they continue to pay for it. For example, to maintain coverage, customers must perform all recommended maintenance and keep all records for their vehicle. A thrown-away receipt for an oil change can result in a costly repair which should be covered under the service plan, but will not be because the customer cannot show proof that they have maintained their car properly. For more information about what Delta Auto Protect requires for maintaining coverage, BestCompany.com recommends thoroughly examining Delta Auto Protect's Sample Contract. View the Top Car Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

Delta Auto Protect does not offer traditional warranties, but rather, extended service plans to help cover the cost of expensive repairs. The company has gained significant market share in the few years of its operation. There are significant circumstances which may void a Delta service plan, so anyone purchasing a plan should be thoroughly aware of their personal responsibilities, particularly to maintenance and record keeping. Delta Auto Protect might be a good option for those who regularly maintain their vehicles, keep immaculate records, and want coverage against unexpected repairs. If prospective customers are not able or willing to do these things, they should avoid the company, as they would find that they had purchased something which was not going to provide the coverage that they expected when they experience car trouble. View Other Car Warranty Companies

2.6

Jonathan Moses
May 23rd, 2018 Rockville, MD DETAILS

Runaround and blatant lies. Do not give them your money. I purchased a third-party extended warranty from Delta Auto Protect. Recently I created a claim due to a loud high-pitched noise my engine began making. I took my car to a garage meeting Delta's requirements, and the garage determined that the noise was caused by my alternator belt tensioner, tensioner pulley, and idler pulley, which had been damaged by a major oil leak caused by a failure of the oil filter housing profile gasket. Delta told the garage that they would cover the cost of the gasket, but that the other parts do not fall into the category of "Covered Parts" in my contract. I reviewed my contract, which states: "WE will arrange for the repair or replacement of COVERED PARTS, and any component damaged by a COVERED PARTS." I contacted Delta brought the last half of that sentence to their attention and was faced with a barrage of shifting excuses for why the parts weren't covered. This all took place over at least a dozen calls where I had to leave a message with a promise of a call back which never took place. I had to call over and over and over and insist upon speaking to someone about the issue. When I pointed out that the garage had determined that the parts had been damaged by the covered part, Delta claimed that the oil filter housing gasket was not a covered part, and that they had agreed to cover it only as a gesture of goodwill. So I pointed them to the provision of the contract that explicitly covered the gasket. I was told that it would be reviewed and someone would call me back. Many calls later, when I finally was connected with someone, I was told that Delta had reviewed a recording of the call from the garage, and the garage had made no connection between the oil leak and the failed alternator components. I know that this isn't true for multiple reasons. 1- I have the garage's write-up on the diagnosis which explicitly states the cause of failure as the parts being "contaminated with engine oil". 2- Before taking your car to a mechanic, you are required to first make a claim with Delta. Issues found that are unrelated to the claim are not covered. 3- I asked for a copy of this supposed audio recording, at which point the floor manager to whom I had been escalated said, "I don't actually have an audio recording, but I don't need one because I'm the one who took the call from the garage." I asked why he said that he had reviewed an audio recording and he said, "I meant that I have notes from my call with them." I asked why a floor manager would have taken a standard call from a garage and he said, "That's just how things work here." He refused to escalate the call to his supervisor. This is one of the worst experiences dealing with a company that I have ever had in my entire life. Delta is a horrible, dishonest company. I recommend not giving them your money.

Debra
May 22nd, 2018 Rochester, NY

I was looking for extended warranty thru Nissan Motors. Somehow I got this company thru a website that looked like Nissan Motors and their logo. I requested quote to be sent to me via email, and discovered they were not them, but scamming to be them. I had given my work number as a call back and after numerous attempts to stop contacting me that I wasn’t interested, I am now getting almost daily robo and live fake after market scam companies like them soliciting their unwanted services! Stay away from them, and protect your phone number.

Josh
May 7th, 2018 Buena Park, CA DETAILS

BUYER BEWARE!! Worst experience I've ever had. This company is a total scam. DO NOT BUY THEIR WARRANTY!! BEWARE!! This warranty does not cover most of the parts that will fail in a normal car, and they will not pay for the service. After making over 50 phone calls in the last 3 months, I still have not received my money back with their "guaranteed money back guarantee" All the positive reviews are FAKE!! PLEASE BEWARE. I have to hide my real name because they made me sign a document stating that I must remove all negative reviews or they will not refund money along with other ridiculous terms. That is how crooked they are

Priscilla Perez Guzman
May 3rd, 2018 Charleroi, PA DETAILS

I purchased an extended warranty from Delta Auto Protect. I am one of those people who are never sold on extended warranty or coverage products because they never seem to cover anything I actually need repaired. However, when the Delta sales guys explained to me the amount of repairs covered in their policies, I was sold. Luckily, I purchased the extended warranty right on time. The manufacturer's warranty on my Mini Cooper expired just weeks before I began having an issue with my gas pedal. I brought it into the service garage thinking that my manufacturer's warranty was still intact, but it wasn't. I sadly went home because I knew I couldn't afford to fix it at that time. I took some time to consider what options I had because I desperately needed my vehicle. I then remembered that I had purchased an extended warranty, and I called Delta that night to confirm that it was active and ready to be used. The next day, I visited my local mechanic. He shared that he had worked with clients who have Delta Auto Protect warranties and that I should not worry at all. My car was fixed in a day and my claim was fully covered. I'm so happy I gave in to purchasing an extended warranty. I recommend it to anyone with a car!

Cole Marshall
May 3rd, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

I had a couple issues with my car recently but didn't think it was that serious until I was out shopping with my family and all of a sudden my car broke down. I decided to call a towing company since the extended warranty I purchased through Delta covers towing. The towing company was able to come out fast and tow my car. When I went to pick my car up, I found out the reason it had broken down was because my brake system was not working properly. I made a quick call to Delta and luckily, found out that my extended warranty also covered claims for brake systems. I was able to get my car up and running in two days, and Delta covered the majority of the bill. I am so happy I made the purchase! Thanks Delta!

LeeLee
April 10th, 2018 Orlando, FL DETAILS

Customer service is not that great. Transfer you from one extension to another extension.

Mark
March 23rd, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

horrible company to deal with and forcing customers to pay and seek reimbursement from them since they don't pay the repair shops! Its been three months and still waiting on payment!!!!

C. Jenkins
March 21st, 2018 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Delta Auto Protect will rip you off. Please do not buy from these people. They lie to get you to buy and they do not pay on claims. They do not even deserve any star. They are a big fat zero. I am going to keep writing bad reviews until they are out of business.

Candida Cole
March 16th, 2018 Shreveport, LA DETAILS

My car wouldn’t start when I stopped to get gas. I had to wait a while for someone to get to me. The customer service was great. The guy that came out was super nice though so that made up for the wait time. All in all I would recommend the service.

Ilia Hernandez
March 16th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Delta Auto is seriously the best! I am a new driver and I always fear the unexpected. This company has not only saved me tons of money on my automobile in repairs but also saved me in situations I got stuck in. Literally. Break downs, car locked in keys or a flat tire... they’ll be there and with great customer service!

Robert DeLuca
March 8th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

I've been a customer of Delta Auto Protect for about 8 months. So far, they have honored all of my claims which were 2. The first was a problem with the fuel pump and the 2nd was my steering went off. The shop fixed both and were paid promptly. I high recommend.

Robin Gant
December 29th, 2017 North Aurora, IL DETAILS

Joshua A. was very nice when I spoke with the first time on the phone very helpful. When contacted him to explain to him they the reviews online was not good their rating was 2.6 he became very rude he said the would refund me back my $100 but my down payment was $200 he hung up the phone on me. I would not do business with anyone that do not have common courtesy.

Michael Grivon/Swiss Garage
November 22nd, 2017 Houston, TX DETAILS

Absolutely the worst extended warranty company that I have ever dealt with. As an auto repair shop owner in Houston with 37 years in the industry , I work with extended warranties everyday. This company has yet to pay me for repairs that were approved and completed weeks ago. They constantly lie about my payment status and place me on hold until a recording comes up to leave a message. I have never had a message returned and have never had anything but lies and excuses given to me. I will never deal with this company again and would advise anyone reading this review to stay away from this dishonest company. Additionally their parts reimbursement was well below what should have been approved for my customer. One star is way too much to give this disgusting company.

Neil McHugh
November 8th, 2017 Houston, TX DETAILS

It took three weeks for Delta to approve my repair.

Neil McHugh
October 30th, 2017 Houston, TX DETAILS

Not Impressed at all. I purchased the Diamond Premier policy in August 2015 at the cost of $5118. I have never made a claim until two weeks ago. I had three issues with my car. 1) The convertible roof would not latch down. 2) the trunk micro-switch was broken 3) The steering rack was leaking. They refused to cover the roof and truck and now they are telling the garage they will only cover 15% of the steering rack cost. Meanwhile they lie to me every time I call by telling me the part has been ordered and would be delivered in 24 hours. My car has now been in the shop for 10 days and no sign of resolution. I have now reached out to an Attorney, the BBB and an SEO company to spread my experience as wide as possible across the net.

Dave B
October 18th, 2017 Beaumont, TX

Can't even get them to answer the phone with a legitimate claim. Paid them $3000 for their Diamond Premier plan which now seems like I got ripped off. What good is a warranty from these people if they won't answer a claim call much less pay anything towards a repair. They haven't heard the end of this. Buyer Beware

PAULA AEDO
October 4th, 2017 Hollywood, FL

DEALERS BEWARE!!!!!THEY DO NOT PAY THE DEALERS FOR THE REPAIRS AUTHORIZED!!! BEWARE!!!!

wayne stone
January 16th, 2017

2 months and have not received payment for an authorized repair

Charles Parkin
November 8th, 2016 Las Vegas, NV

Outstanding customer service, repairs always with new parts.

KING D NICE
September 9th, 2016 Oklahoma City, OK

Domonic W. Oklahoma City I purchased a warranty though Delta Auto Protect and was a little skeptical because the price was so much cheaper than their competitors by almost 50%. That along with all there positive reviews.. So I got cold feet and ask for a refund... They simply ask why and gave me my money back within 48hrs..

Ashley
January 31st, 2016 Orlando, FL

I'm very happy with the services. I had 2 claims with Delta Auto and basically saved myself a boat load of money :)

Ashley
October 5th, 2015 Brooklyn, NY

I recently filed my first claim. The delta auto protect staff is very knowledgable in the automotive field and a pleasure to work with. I'm very satisfied with their services and would definitely recommend to my friends and family.