Turo Logo

6.7

Christina Lund El Cajon, CA

Never again!!! My host cancelled my reservation a week before my trip. Now all reasonably priced cars are gone everywhere AND I have to wait 7-10 days to get my original refund from Turo. I’m out a vacation and hundreds of dollars on flights. Absolutely not worth it.

Michelle Williams Hammond, IN

I had a horrible experience (last week) ! My host car broke down on me as well as would cut off while I was driving (I paid TURO $432) TURO consistently sent me emails apologizing but that was it! I will NEVER use this service again!

Francois Rousseau Montreal, QC

Support is useless if you don’t have proof. They don’t trust your word. You need to choose the option you have roadside urgency if you want to talk to someone, else, you’ll just go from app to website to phone to sms to chat to phone etc

Laura Faucon Newton, NH

RENTERS BE VERY WARY!! DO NOT RENT FROM TURO HOSTS USE THIS APP TO USE YOU TO FIX AND REPLACE THEIR OLD USED DAMAGED VEHICLES!! And you have little say!! They will stage damages AFTER you’ve dropped off your vehicle and you wouldn’t have gotten the photos to prove otherwise wise which makes you AUTOMATICALLY LIABLE!!!

Jack Troy, MI

Turo has zero accountability and allows vehicle owners to cancel and re-list their vehicles and near 5x the original price. All without and penalty to the host. Do not rent from them unless you have a back up plan/rental. Otherwise Turo will just collect the extra money when hosts cancel either last min or just to take advantage of you.

Stetson Hohman Heber, UT

I booked my first trip with Turo last week and this week they emailed me saying that they took the liberty of canceling my trip without my consent and that I could use the money I had paid them to cover some of the cost of another car and then pay them more for a similar car. I would NOT recommend Turo. I have been on their call waiting for the last 45 minutes and am considering just hanging up. They are not trustworthy and have horrible customer service. I definitely will be reporting them to the BBB.

Jenny K Sacramento, CA

Renter's beware. Not a great company to deal with overall and very limited customer support. All phone calls are routed overseas with the only other option of chat or email support which is minimal. Not ideal if trying to resolve a claim. Aside from that, renter's should be warned: prior to using the vehicle, make sure to inspect every inch, top to bottom with before and after photos and videos, or you will pay. Some hosts are out to scam! Never again will I use this company for a rental. Absolutely terrible.

Josh McCormic Wylie, TX

The only good thing I have to say about this company is it was easy to sign up for other than that it’s been a absolute horrible experience. This is my first attempt to rent from Turo and I say attempt because 5 times we booked and paid for a rental and the host canceled every time. If you choose to go through this app hopefully you have better luck than I did I will never use this app again

Ken Rogers Lake Forest, CA

I should have just rented from a real company! My Turo Experience was terrible. Got ripped off for a $200 fee by the Miami FL based renter Karina G. They listed my return at 10:00 PM. I told them that was wrong and my return time should be 4:00 PM. By 10:00 AM they charged my credit card a $200.00 fee. The airport pickup was a fail! I had to get an uber to get back to the airport on the return day. I felt like I was renting a car in Tia Juana Mexico. Not only will I never use them, I will never rent from Turo.

NEB Designs Brooklyn, NY

I was very disappointed and dissatisfied with Megan’s assistance. As a customer of Turo, I requested a copy of the ticket that I was reimbursing the host. She refused to request that of the host and did the bare minimum or nothing at all in retrieving it. The only thing that is uploaded is a copy of a receipt which isn’t the ticket. This is insufficient evidence for a ticket. Anyone can upload a copy of a receipt or photoshop a receipt but no can falsify an actual parking ticket. I highly recommend reviewing your required documents for reimbursement. It is very sketchy. I also did not authorize the payment because my Amex card was removed back in October 2020 from my account prior to being charged in February 2021 for reimbursement of a parking ticket -_-. In addition, they allowed the host to upload a ticket that was issued a month prior to us renting it and expected me to pay for it! This is unacceptable, unprofessional and unreliable. I will never use Turo again.

Tanya Rizzo Katy, TX

Horrible experience renting from Ryan L via Turo. The AC in the vehicle did not work which is a BIG deal in AZ on an 80 temp day. No disclaimer of this or credit provided. Also needed to cancel the trip after 30 minutes of use due to COVID exposure and frankly wanting to keep the car safe. Asked for a credit for the 3rd day (willing to still pay the 2-day minimum) and they refused. Horrible response time of these issues and unwilling to work on a solution for both parties. Strongly urge you to research the cars recently and the owners. Horrible experience and would not suggest this app to anyone. Worth the few extra $$ to rent a car from someone reliable and with better customer care.

Pedro Pablo Fernández Pompano Beach, FL

I have rented cars from TURO many times as my records demonstrate and I have never had any problems until the last time. On my last reservation I was scammed and it has been impossible to contact TURO for an answer. When I arrived to pick up the car, the host told me that I had to pay for an insurance that was not included in any part of my reservation. My own insurance covers me when I rent a car. Typically, I just have to inform the insurance company in advance and give them the car information. I asked the host to provide proof that the insurance was required by law and he answered: "If you are not going to pay the insurance you can leave the office now." He was just trying to rob me. It took me an hour to get to the pick up place only to leave without the car, which ruined my plans for Christmas with my family. TURO send me this message: “You cancelled this trip. Your original trip cost was $60.00. Based on our cancellation policy, your refund of $30.00 was initiated on Dec 24. It typically takes 3-5 business days to show up on your payment method. Travel credit is refunded immediately. Our support team will reach out about the issue with your host”. According to TURO’s cancellation policy, I was refunded in the form of travel credit 50% of my trip. My trip wouldn’t have been cancelled if it weren’t for the host’s lack of proper customer service. I should have not been charged any amount of money and would like the entirety of my $60 refunded. TURO´s host attempted to scam me. I would like to know what TURO is going to do about it. The person who rents the car calls herself Karina. It is actually an agency that rents many cars next to the Miami International Airport. The host of this location should be banned from dealing with TURO’s customers given that he only attempts to scam them for his own benefit. I want an immediate answer from TURO.

Alexey Galetskiy Flushing, NY

Didnt expect Turo to be this good! Heard about this app from my friend and downloaded it for an upcoming trip! Great prices!! And many vehicles to choose from. Totally recommend!

Bryce Woosley Elizabethtown, KY

Enjoyed the car, it was a great rental and smooth and easy, came into town and had no issues. Really enjoyed the experience. I highly recommend the pick up and drop off for DFW. Easy to communicate with owners and very accommodating

Anescia Hamilton Atlanta, GA

This was my first time renting from Turo and I'm extremely pleased with the service, the car was clean, the instructions to access the vehicle were clear and precise. Overall I'm pleased with the service 😀

Vickie Moore Dalhart, TX

My host met us at the airport and helped us load in our carseats and luggage. He was terrific and so kind. We had a misunderstanding about our return trip that caused me a lot of stress, but he was apologetic and took care of the car cleaning for me. Otherwise, the entire experience was really fantastic

Juantez Hollins Aliquippa, PA

What I like about Turo is that I didn’t need a credit card to rent from Turo. Being someone trying to get my credit together. Im not able to rent cars from the airport or anywhere else. So I really appreciate Turo.

Rozken Brown Loma Linda, CA

The turo app made it easy to connect with vehicles owner the owner was precise on directions on how to obtain the vehicle and how to return it look forward to my next turo experiences.

Bahiyyah Abdul Philadelphia, PA

It has overall been a very good experience. Very convenient and hassle free. Traditional Car rental places have changed so much and not for the good so turo has been a blessing.

Jose Alvarez Walnut Creek, CA

This was my first time and had a great experience. My host made everything so easy and the van was clean and made me feel safe to be getting a rental with everything that’s been going on.

Mike D Detroit, MI

Feels like if I used turo frequently it would only be a matter of time before turo or a vehicle owner would hold me responsible for a vehicle issue or charge me more than the agreed upon amount. The experience is far from confidence inspiring. And the whole process of getting transport to and from a rental vehicle just adds hassle, time, and more costs to the whole process. I think Il probably stick to real car rentals and save myself the trouble before it happens.

tamrat beza Rowlett, TX

It’s very convenient. I was so frustrated by Car rental places. There are tones of choices. May be in my opinion, if hosts reveal the mileages of their cars as they do the model years, it would be great.

Jeff Bennett Lewisville, TX

Working with Ke, the owner of the car for pick up, drop off, and changing plans was much easier and more convenient than going through a rental car company. This is a great concept. I will do this every time I need a car.

Ana Cambridge, MA

Had to cancel first ride due to the driver not responding nor cancelling it. But I called customer service who were very helpful and booked my first official ride very worth it!

Bella Bernazzani Denver, CO

I had a wonderful experience using Turo. I love that I was able to skip having to check in at a desk and I was able to find my car and retrieve the key from a lock box on the car. I highly recommend using turo!

Cristian Rubio Alexandria, VA

Great experience. Loved knowing exactly the car I was getting. The cars vary and you can go with an exotic car or a 4x4 or a sedan depending on the situation. Love the service and the app!

Michael Merolla Hawthorne, NJ

I am a host on Turo with 2 cars and >20 trips for the past few years. It's clear in several ways that Turo only looks to minimize their costs and risk at the expensive of their guests and hosts, particularly the hosts. They boast a few different insurance options for damage to the interior and exterior. I don't have experience with this. However, mechanical damage is much less secure. If the vehicle is a manual 'stick' transmission and a guest ruins a clutch (this happened), there are two options. All damage has to be declared within 24h of the trip. That means you have to take it to tow it to a mechanic and have them demonstrate that the last driver is at fault for the clutch failure, and then send this to Turo for them to approve the repair. They do *not* pay for the *whole* repair. They prorate their reimbursement based on miles on the clutch divided by 75 thousand miles, an arbitrary life they selected for the clutch. My car was about 35k so they would have paid half, at most, if I was lucky. If the clutch is > 5 years old, they don't pay *nothing*. I cannot post the link, however it's at the top when googling 'Turo clutch policy'. I fortunately dealt with someone that was responsible and offered to pay for the job on their own. I expect most individuals to be less decent about accepting responsibility for their damages. If other mechanical issues arise, there is little way to demonstrate that a guest directly caused the issue. Their insurance policies do not cover your mechanical issues. You will foot the bill. Their insurance policies are shady. The host can select any level of coverage, let's say a 'standard' policy, pays a 25% fee, has a $500 deductible and otherwise no out of pocket for interior / exterior collision damage. The guest also selects their level of coverage, (premium, standard, basic, or none). They may select none, which Turo suggests they have their own insurance. They do not need to demonstrate proof that they have valid car insurance, let alone one that covers damages for driving another vehicle. Additionally, the cost is much more expensive when selecting any insurance for the guest. Turo collects takes anywhere from 20-35% from the host and charges up to double to the guest for taking the highest insurance. I spoke with several people at Turo about this confusion in how hosts can choose one level and guests choose another, or none. They had no way of explaining the mixed liability of damages. They had no explanation for how they would hold someone responsible for damages in the event of a collision and they don't actually have car insurance, and much less the subsequent burden to the host. If you let your guest use your E-Zpass and submit the screenshot of your E-Zpass log as the proof to request reimbursement, they do not accept this. The proof needs to include the license plate, and not the E-Zpass tag which is what's listed on the E-Zpass log. You will get wronged out of toll reimbursements. Many other reviews include instances where damages were assessed based on a much lower vehicle value than KBB or other fair pricing, and thus reimbursement was a fraction of what was owed to the owner. There are several other reviews where drivers and hosts describe being wronged by Turo and losing significant amounts of money. If you are a host, you are taking on significant risk lending your vehicle. They attempt to cover most bases, but there are plenty of ways things go wrong and shirk responsibility and costs. When they know their acting according to their policy, they make no exceptions nor apologies for shifting the costs onto the owner.

georgesantiago1 Fairfield, CT

Getting a car through Turo is a great experience. The App is well thought out and easy to navigate. I've use Turo several times and the car owners have always been responsive and easy to work with.

Chelsey Washington Dallas, TX

It was quick, simple, and convenient. I loved it. I will b using again guaranteed. I had a terrific accommodating host in texas! This is a great idea guys im hoping to become a host myself one day!

Ben Trawnik New York, NY

Way better than a rental car company. Easy to use, great service, easy customer service. Don't have to hassle with picking up a car in some rental lot 20 minutes away from the airport - They'll come to you!

Matthew Gwin Santa Fe, NM

I like Turo and ultimately had a good experience. The app was buggy for me, I wasn't able to pay with the credit card I wanted to use due to vague errors that provided no information as to what was wrong. Eventually I just used the card I already had on file and it worked.

Kelly Clark Dallas, TX

I think that if the owner has a toll tag account and the driver takes the toll road that should be allocated in with the fee for the car. Other exotic car rental agencies do this and so should Turo. I also think that the tires should be inspected and they should be not heavily worn down when you’re renting an exotic vehicle. This definitely makes the handling of the car much rougher as well as dangerous.

Patrick Johnson Alabaster, AL

My first use of Turo was a very good experience. I found the app and technology very easy to use for the transaction. The owner of the vehicle was also excellent making the whole process great. I will be using Turo again.

jonathan Kimmel Coralville, IA

Love Turo. Excellent deals. Much cooler cars, for same or less cost them from rental chains. Super convenient. No waiting in lines after a flight, simply walk out of airport and into your car. Fantastic!

Life with D&A Anaheim, CA

Turo was great to work with. The process was very easy and timely. I actually booked a car as I was on my way to the airport. I will definitely be using Turo again and referring to friends!

Pack Unlimited Fort Myers, FL

My first time was absolutely wonderful! In fact my TURO was the only plan on my trip that did not get scrapped! Already planning next adventure for TURO ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Ben Sebring, FL

I like turo, I think it’s somewhat cheaper to rent directly from people rather than Vehicle rental chains. But I give it a 3 because I’ve tried to contact the turo 24/7 support and I couldn’t get a hold of them. I had some small questions that I couldn’t get answered. I’d like some promo codes sent to my email more often too to save money. I’d also would like the advertising price not be at the week rate if I’m planning to just rent for a few days. The day rate and week rate have a big difference.

Ray Figueroa Cartersville, GA

customer service was very helpful the only thing that I was upset about was on the way in picking up the rental the owner give an address the she changed the location so had to go to that location but other than that it was good

Shawna Granger Elkridge, MD

It was great I loved it. The car was easy to get to and clean. It was not hard to use the app and it was very simple. My host was always available when needed, if not always called in a timely manner.

Justin Tinker Wickenburg, AZ

Good rental experience, mostly well laid out. Point of improvement:. Push a notification to users day before rental return, reminding them to complete return using the app and take pictures, as I was unaware of the rental closing procedure.

Lakisha M Ceasar ,

It was so simple and affordable. I needed a vehicle for a conference and retail companies were either out at the airport, charging too much or only had SUV vehicles left. This was perfect.

Guillaume Pierre Boston, MA

The five stars go to the second technically first host Darren that didn’t cancel last second on me unlike the first technically never host Megan who should be held accountable for her unprofessional tactics.

Jeffrey Cogan Las Vegas, NV

1st time. Because all the info is completed on the Turo website, to pick up the car, you just get the keys rather than taking 20 minutes at the rental counter to complete the contract. Easy return as well.

Solomon Arroyo McKinney, TX

I would recomend Turo for out of the ordinary cars and trucks. Some rules are unclear such as who pays for gas and what would happen if renters use toll roads. Overall my experience was seamless and my Turo host was 5 stars.

Matt Prudhomme Denver, CO

Fantastic tool in Arizona! Easy and fun. Instructions were easy glad that it worked out. Kinda cool researching the cars and the mileage allowance. Going to use this on every vacay!

Dan Whitemore Half Moon Bay, CA

This was a great experience. The car was dropped off for us curbside at the airport and then we dropped it back off at the curb and flew home. I was very impressed with the service.

Laurie Morrison Providence, RI

Turo was easy to deal with, no hassle. The car was great, and I was able to zip through LA like a native. When I had to leave early, they refunded me with no problem. Yes, I will do it again!

KPT Irving, TX

Given that this was my first experience with Turo, I can’t compare it to much, but it was a terrible first experience. I left a review for the owner, and, I thought, a separate review for Turo, but here I go again in the hopes that someone will reach out to me this time. In short, here were my biggest issues: 1) The car was not ready when I arrived. Not only was it not ready, but it took 20 minutes to even get the owner to respond to me when I called/messaged that I was at the pickup spot. Pickup ended up being 40 minutes late because the car wasn’t clean (spoiler, it still wasn’t clean when I picked it up). 2) The car was dirty, and smelled like marijuana. Gross, and very uncool. 3) There were a few warning lights on in the vehicle. This gave the impression that the vehicle needed work or at least maintenance, and was potentially unsafe to drive. 4) When I arrived early for drop off (after being assured the owner would be home all evening), I once again COULD NOT GET AHOLD OF THE OWNER. My goodness. I called, I messaged, but nothing. In a final effort, my husband knocked on the door and delivered the keys. Overall, this was a very negative experience. The car was in bad shape, even had it not been dirty and smelly and maybe broken. It was not as pictured. More than that, the pickup and drop off experience was terrible. With the car not even being ready on time, I believe I should be entitled to a partial refund. The owner told me that would be up to Turo, so I’m hoping that someone will reach out to me before these owners receive all of the money for only doing part of the work on their end.

Carter Malouf Dallas, TX

Love using turo. I had a credit with you but then it disappeared on me. That I was not pleased with. Also the referral program was beneficial to introduce your company to others. Certainly more of an incentive to do so. What happened to that?

Jody Brunswick, OH

I absolutely love the Turo experience! Having your car waiting for you at the gate when you get off your airplane is a replaceable. Every host I have met so far has been genuine and has provided a great service.