Turo Logo

6.2

Edwin Callard San Jose, CA

I have only rented two cars from Turo so far but I have definitely not been disappointed. The community is great. Both renters I've had the opportunity to rent from were very easy to deal with and were kind. What makes Turo so great is the fun selection of cars provided. Cars you wouldn't find at a usual car rental company. I'm looking forward to my next fun rental!

Q Kelly Hallandale, FL

I rented my 2019 vehicle with 60k miles on it. Turo will not enforce any rules you put for your vehicle. Also I charge a $75 smoking fee. Turo threatened to charge me and then only charged the renter $50. The customer service is a joke! RENT WITH A REAL RENTAL COMPANY DO NOT PUT YOUR VEHICLE ON THIS SITE!!!

Doug Foerch Libertyville, IL

Fast growing car rental organization. They sometimes have older cars and can charge extra if you need to pick up at airports.

Ajanaee x Tallahassee, FL

Turo is a great app that connects you to several rental vehicles in your area. The app is user-friendly but Turo should offer better rates for individuals who are under the typical rental age.

Brit Curry Ellicott City, MD

Absolutely Ridiculous. Horrible company. Rented a car (for 4 days) that broke down 3 hours after I got it leaving us stranded in the middle of nowhere for 5hours. Had to rent another car, then after all said and done they only refunded me back for 2 days. BS!!!!! Will never use again, and will definitely be telling everyone I meet to never use this service!

Eric Montreal, QC

Things might be good, unless you was caught in an accident, no matter you are at fault or not, EVEN IF you purchased a PROTECTION PLAN from Turo, as they states : "The primary Guest is financially responsible for ALL Physical Damage or theft to the Vehicle, as well as Related Costs. The primary Guest is financially responsible REGARDLESS of who is found to be at fault for the damage. "

Emilie Nault Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

An unresponsive host cancelled our reservation 2 days prior to our vacation. As the rates had dramatically increased since our booking 4 months prior, Turo offered to help with a compensation. We were told usual compensation was 80$, but they would release 140$ for our trouble (and the fact that we now had to pay triple the initial price). The compensation never came, the replacement booking was never made, I spent 7 hours on the phone with multiple agents and rude supervisors to be told they would perhaps get back to me by email within 24h. I received a compensation of 53$ - will never use them again. Disrespectful, not trustworthy! A big 0 for this company.

Bittermac Lawndale, CA

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! HORRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICES!!! I used the service about 3 times while visiting family in Oregon. Not issues. Worked as promised. Went to use it again and got an error that my account had been closed. Lifetime ban. Called their call center 4 times. Total of 71 minutes on hold. Finally called with my registered cell and got an email address to protest account closure. Emailed and 1 week later got a reply from Megan saying that my account was a dupe account by a car owner for fake reviews. I replied that I was not fake and what proof would she require. I got a reply several days later that she reviewed it and I am a liar. You truly find out who you are dealing with when there is a problem. Used Getaround.com and had no issues. Better customer service too.

Will Wray Johns Island, SC

A host flaked on me and canceled a reservation 45 minutes after it was supposed to start (so I was standing there and waiting). Then they canceled so I had to go to a rental car agency and pay extra for no advance reservation. All of this is arguably fair because Turo functions like a middleman. They can’t guarantee all cars (unlike rental car companies, which do). However, what concerned me here is that Turo did not permit me to write a review for the host, who still has a 5 star rating. Instead they left an automatic unrated note that doesn’t affect the host’s score. So don’t believe what you see on that app: they block and censor reviews.

Sue Collins Wakefield, MA

Don't walk away RUN....THEY NAILED US FOR $600 TOWING FEE NOT EVEN FOR THE CAR WE RENTED!!!!!! TURO was no help and sided with the scammer. We were just scammed in FL, got a different car than was listed but same model/make thought nothing of it. No one met us at delivery, cars left in car, car open, at end of the week we dropped car off at parking garage at airport, instructed to do the same, leave keys in car and unlocked, many hours later get a call from lady, where is my car, told her exactly where car was parked, more hours go by, she threatens to call police, so we immediately do and tell her so...moments later, states car was towed for illegally parked, then changes it to abandonment, then damage on rear light....next day, tries to stick us with a $600 towing charge, and then says car was towed mid week and we abandoned it!! We had car entire week, car towed was one we were suppose to receive and didn't, Tuto sided with her and changed our acct $600, we have videos of the car being driven different dash etc. They sided with her prior to us being able to deliver any pertinent information we had. DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR STICK WITH HERTZ, ALAMO ETC, they may be more money but won't scam you they are a reputable company unlike Turo!!! Top it off the lady we did get car from had good reviews, I suppose those were fake too! BEWARE things on TURU are not what they appear to be FAKE reviews, scam artist ETC. makes it tough or the legit ppl trying to rent their vehicles and customers. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE

jennifer bell West Yellowstone, MT

Please don't use this company. It is a scam. I was traveling to Hawaii and rented a truck and paid for my reservation in advance. One hour before I landed the host texted me " the car is broke". I called host and he said needed new tires and I need to cancel reservation and find new truck. I tried to find another truck but none was available. Turo offered to rent me the same truck but for $ 4,500. this was $ 3,100 more than I agreed and paid for. They offered to take 20% off the new amount but still $2,200.00 more than agreed upon amount. The company knew there were no more trucks andt ripped me off, ruined my vacation. Crooks!

101blacksails Jacksonville, FL

I received a confirmation for a rental, only to find out that the day I needed the rental at the airport, that it did not go through because Turo requires your driver's license, birthdate, etc. I didn't find out about this until the day of my rental need! I finally got verified after calling Turo for 2 hours. THEN, I go to look for other cars, and when I go to check out, they are all UNAVAILABLE. This happened on 8 different vehicles that were apparently 'AVAILABLE' for my dates/times, all up until I go to check out, and then Turo customer service tells me that they are 'WORKING' on the site glitches that allows cars to show up that ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR RENTAL. I will NEVER USE THEM AGAIN, it is not worth the hassle, and you don't save any money at all because they charge Turo Fees, you HAVE to buy INSURANCE, and then the taxes and FEES, and then there is NO GUARANTEE that you will actually get the car!! I don't have time to post this stuff but they wasted so much of my time, that I actually lost valuable WORK TIME. Don't waste your time on this, save your time and worth and just do the traditional auto rental until a GOOD SITE shows up that can actually be better than the traditional auto rental places. MAYBE START one yourself!

David Cheuk Edison, NJ

Rented a car through Turo for a 3 day weekend trip. Check engine light came on (during day 1). Turo/host offered no help. The host blamed me for check engine light failure, and told me it was my responsibility to return the car in it's original state (whatever that means). Meanwhile, I tried to have the car towed, but Turo's "Roadside Assistance" kept directing me to take the car to a dealership to have it repaired. As a result of the faulty check engine light, we wasted nearly a half a day, driving from dealership to dealership, to assess what was wrong with the car. Not only did Turo not give back any refund or concessions, they allowed owner to tack on an additional $54 at the end of trip in reported "excessive cleaning" fees, which is a complete joke. They also managed to take this from my credit card account without any prior approval. Host made up bogus claims that we left "sticky film" in the car, which is total BS. Our group of 4 adults only had bottled water in the car, and did not eat any food, drinks or snacks in the car besides our water. As evidence of the excessive dirtiness, Turo literally provided a picture of the floor carpet which had some dirt, some gum wrappers in a cup holder, and empty water bottle on the floor, and some dried grass which somehow wound up in the trunk space. Turo's own cleaning policy says you don't have to vacuum the carpets, unless it's excessively dirty. This company is a joke. Their prices are cheaper than more reputable car rentals, but steer clear and avoid the headache. They find anyway to nickel and dime you, and you get no support whatsoever if your car breaks down. It took us 9 hours to drive back from Virginia Beach because we had to take several breaks so that the car would not overheat. This will be my first and last time I use Turo to rent a vehicle, and I am disputing this entire transaction with my credit card. It should also be noted that I tried leaving the host (Jigar S) a one star review, with my honest opinion, on Turo's website. For some reason, the review is not showing up on their website, so I believe Turo may be manipulating the reviews by intentionally screening off the bad reviews.

Jeyk Janish Anaheim, CA

I have been an all star host with Turo for three years. I had my Scion tC, and recently my Tesla on there. I really had a good experience with them, up until recently. The last trip, the guest took my car, caused an incredible amount of damage to the vehicle, and took it to Los Vegas where they were involved in a hit and run accident. You would think a company like this would take care of its hosts, and do everything in its power to make them whole again? Wrong! They put a cap on the amount that I can request from the renter on supercharging costs (of $200) which I sent them proof of the actual costs being much more than that. The renter had smoked and had his dog in the vehicle which was against my hosting policy... which I have video proof of and they still refuse to compensate, and my center console is broken, but since they didn’t have “before” pictures of the latch, are refusing to fix it. How can they expect a user to take a picture of a latch? So I lost money, and am being refused a copy of my police report since I was not actually in the vehicle... but I own it? Also when you call, everyone is outsourced, and reading off a script, and doesn’t feel like they are genuinely trying to help. Some departments you can’t even reach via phone, (which is a long process) and have to talk to via email. I wouldn’t put your car on here unless you don’t care about it.

John Atlanta, GA

Stay away from this app! We used it once and swear by God that we will never use it again. Everything went super well for us at the beginning. The host seemed very nice and accommodating. It was our first time using Turo so we made sure that the car was thoroughly cleaned and returned in the same condition when it was delivered. We met with the host when she came to pick up the car and waited for her to check everything before we gave her back the keys. There was a charge of $40 for not refueling. We gladly paid for it because it was our fault. The story should have ended right there. But the nightmare began two days later. We received an email from Turo that the host submitted an interior damage claim without specifying the damage. I asked for the specifics but Turo rep simply said that they are investigating. What was really crazy was that Turo rep said the damage coverage we paid for will not cover this damage and I have to deposit $500. How can a damage coverage not cover interior damage? Also, why should I deposit $500 when Turo is "investigating" the claim and has not been able to determine the cause of the damage? At this point, Turo is behaving more like a mafia trying to extract money by making bogus claims and using predatory tactics. So I decided to reach out to the host and found that the "problem" was simply minor scratches near the ignition. These scratches can easily be repaired for a fraction of what Turo tried to charge me. Turo is clearly overcharging the renter for these so-called "claims" and keeping the majority of the payment. The host ends up with a fraction of the payment.

IEllner Daytona Beach, FL

Turo can not help you if the vehicle you rent breaks down. You end up stranded to figure out your own transportation. You will no longer be near a rental agency and will have to pay more to rent with separate drop off and pickup locations. Turo will not let you rent another vehicle untill the breakdown vehicle is returned. They do not talk to you everything is chat box. The owner chatted with them that he was taking possession of vehicle and I have not been released to rent a new one. So the chat ended with Estaban chatting he will elevate to a supervisor. That does not help me get to my destination tomorrow. Trapped with no transportation because the owners car has a breakdown. No service just a chat bubble to nowhere

Don't Rent w Turo Owosso, MI

Scam!I had to meet in a lady called MUSIC in a vacant lot at night. Not a good experience at all. Owner of vehicle was ok with a 5 hour extention in messages but she did not do the change request or answer any of text ALL DAY. So I returned the car asap. She was not a good communicator. The car was dirty. Again, she was ok with the extention in messages but then didn't respond to request to change. I picked up car at 1030pm at night and returned it way before a 48 hr period. After not returning any messages ALL DAY she requested an 144.00 for an extra day. Turo deducted it from my account. I disputed. Then ended up settling on half. Scammed for an extra $$$. I hear this is common with Turo. They don't hold owners accountable. Don't rent with them.

Gabe Burton Riverton, UT

The people who I rented the car from charged me extra for mileage. I don't have a problem with that, but the mileage was too short of a distance. I live in Southern California and rented the car for a weekend trip. Unless you stay 1 hour away, it's pretty much impossible to keep the car under a certain mileage.

Keri Christensen Washington, DC

Extremely poor customer experience from phone support and host. Hosts car was damaged prior to our rental date and they asked us to swap to another car. Ended up costing us over 60 dollars more which wasn’t disclosed up front. They did the run around of ‘the host needs to fix it call them’ and ‘turo needs to fix it call them’. After over three hours of trying we gave up but we’ll never rent from this company or host again-buyer beware. After over a year of successfully renting from them multiple times they didn’t even offer a good faith credit for a future rental. We’ll use Getaround from now on.

Mimi Columbus, OH

I booked a car through Turo about 4 weeks ago. I planned on extending the stay, but was unable to because my bank froze my card. I wasn’t able to return the car that night and did not expect my bank to freeze my car cause me to not be able to extended the trip, so I contacted the host and told them the situation and that I would would fix the card issue first thing in the morning when I spoke with my bank and pay for the extended time. The host said it was fine. They then report the vehicle as late the next morning which is fine they were just doing what they were supposed to do and following Turo regulations. My account was then suspended while they investigate or whatever they needed to do to verify everything. I did everything that was needed of me from Turo to clear my account to be able to book again with them. A few weeks ago I tried to login and my account went from restricted to terminated. I have called their customer service and chatted with various of their verification team members multiple times through the day throughout the week for about a month now and nothing have been resolved or nobody has got back with me on fixing the issue like they said they would. I keep getting told that my case was recommended to their special team and someone from that department would get in touch with me via email and nobody has for the last 4 weeks. So, I am not sure when or if I will ever be getting my account back. It was an overall good experience as far as booking and car rental goes. Just don’t encounter any problems with them because it will never get fix.

Chevalisa Bruzzone Santa Cruz, CA

I worked with Mike and Melissa in the Boulder, CO area and I found them to be friendly, caring and professional. And the car was almost-new tidy, smell free and one tank took me seven hours at 70 MPG to deplete! Would absolutely recommend these folks.

Dmitry B Arlington, VA

I like Turo. All was smoothly and convenient. But the only thing was dissapointed to me, After my first car booking "Turo support" starting ask me to send them ID photo and credt card photo. For understanding, I already did it right after registration before my first booking. So I almost sure that was SCAM. Be careful! They writes from toro.com domain and it seems very fishily and suspicious.

Sara Ramirez Montes ,

It was perfect!. Nathan was great!. He answered all my questions right away and made it super easy for me!. I will for sure rent from him again next month when in Minnesota. Make sure to check all the car options he has!. He has all sorts of options!

Kelly West Bloomfield, MI

It was my First time using Turo and I was more than pleased with the ease of the process, The friendliness of Ryan, and the cleanliness of the vehicle. It was honestly, a better Experience than other car rentals used in the past. Thank you Ryan!!

Mallory_B Bedford, TX

Easy check in and out, and a nice clean vehicle. My only complaint is that when booking the vehicle months in advance it was supposed to be for pick up/drop off at the airport...I messaged the owner days before to let him know the flight changed by 30 min and he informed me that I made reservations before they changed it to an extra $120 for airport drop off? I think I should have been told about this, the Uber ride there and back was $60...I would have chosen a different vehicle. Oh well, something to look out for next time.

Dashawniese Rainey Miami, FL

This was my first time using Turo when I had questions the owner of the vehicle respond very quickly. There was some misunderstanding on my end and the issue was resolved quickly. I would definitely rent from Turo again now that I understand the process.

jari56ify ,

When you do have a problem with Turo it is monumental because you can't really talk with anyone. Like so many companies nowadays, they cut costs by trying to make too many things automated. When Turo works like it is supposed to, it is great! If there were an easier way to speak with someone, it would easily get 5 stars. Due to a lowsy chat feature being your only outlet for contact, it doesn't get that just yet.

Derek Jones Washington, DC

This is a great way to rent vehicles. My car had to he put in the shop for emergency repairs and I would not have been able to get around without a car. Turo provided a way to get myself and my family around while the car was repaired

yuli San Francisco, CA

it was good, but very precarious - the hosts are not fully committed to the time frame: one host cancelled on us an hour before, claiming they actually need the car; the second host said it might not be ready on time, though eventually it was. this almost disrupted our entire plans and it seems like there is no penalty for a host to do that, whereas I would have had to pay more had I brought the car back later than agreed. Also, booking fees are very high.

Dan Doyle Los Angeles, CA

My experience with Cheryl has been nothing but positive. Without Toro we would not have been able to vacation as we did. What a wonderful alternative to the status quo of rental car agencies. I'd much rather give my hard earned money to individuals rather than faceless corporations! Thank you Turo!

Laynehorvath Los Angeles, CA

Would use again, but slightly dissapointed. I paid for 3 days for a car rental and mistakingly only put in a 51 hour time slot which is just barely over a 2 day rental to where i paid for the full 3 days/72 hours. To start off i rented the car 2 weeks previous from the trip. So the next day when i realised my mistake, i go onto the turo app and try to change/modify the trip. When i try clicking on any of the links to modify trip it pops up loading like its trying to load and then an "oops, something went wrong" notice popped up. I had a buddy acrost country try on multiple units and it relayed the same message. So at that point i email turo about the situation, which they were very polite but they said they would not be able to edit the trip on their end and i would have to do it through the app or call the number that they had. I was very busy so i waited a few days and called the number for turo and it constantly rang with no pick up or voicemail! So at that point i was kind of dissapointed and figured i would just talk to the owner day of pick up and see if there was anything he would be able to do. Vern the owner was extremely nice but inevidably was not able to modify the trip on his end as its all done through the app! The app that was not working correctly for multiple parties to edit the trip. In the end i do realise it was my mistake to start but i feel like i put sufficiant effort into editing my trip without much feedback/help on the turo side! In the end for a 200$ a day car rental i would say 100% i didnt get the full use of the car for that day and only used 270 of the 450 miles total because of it... just seeing if maybe there is something you could do on your guys end to credit the partial/full day.... once again it was an extremely fun car to drive and everyone was nice to talk to but the small glitches on turos end made it so my full 3 day rental was not fulfilled

André Mayo Lebanon, TN

Way easier than renting from a traditional car rental place—and way better selection/rates. Definitely using Turo more moving forward. My host was great and the trip was nothing short of amazing (rented a Tesla for the first time)!

Brandy B Kosciusko, MS

First experience was great! Sarolta was an amazing host. She was so accommodating. We had to book with her at the last minute because our other Turo reservation was canceled. She was so sweet and the van was everything we needed.

Brian Smith Lakeland, FL

Turo trip was great. The convenience is so nice. The Van we rented was perfect Gabriel ( Van Owner). Was very nice and Answered all my questions We will definitely use Turo again and Suggest to friends Thank You Bryan Smith

Brittney Copeland Ocala, FL

The vehicles and owner on turo are great love the service and stress free booking. However lately turo has recently went up on their fees making the fees almost the same amount of the car which is unfair to the owners and us as renters. This fee is daily which almost makes you not wanting to rent and this was just a recent thing. If they get that figured out then it will then be a excellent service all over again

Sharita Wright Aubrey, TX

With skepticism I rented a car! After my experience, I’ll only rent from Turo from here on out! Very satisfied with the process and how seamless the entire rental experience was! The car was great and I’ll probably re-rent that same vehicle!

Tyrone Van Buren Houston, TX

Host are always amazing and accommodating except for one bad experience, but other than that I have no complaints, I just wish there were more options and maybe less fees on top of the rental rates, this makes some rentals unaffordable

Michael Carroll Las Vegas, NV

Turo was great.. it took me a long time to use it.. but now that I have I would never rent a car any other way.. I’m a officially done with rent a car companies... I would only use Turo when renting a car.. A simple, easy, hassle free way to rent a car...

Amy Harris Orlando, FL

My host was in constant contact with me. The car was delivered clean & had a full tank of gas. The reservation process was smooth & easy. Turo is easier to use than a typical rental car agency. I will continue to use Turo over other rental agencies. Great job, app & program Turo!!

Leo Chin South San Francisco, CA

Renting JC FIrecraker Red Mustang was an enjoyable Smooth experience. JC our host was excellent he delivered a flawlessly detailed vehicle upon pickup, courteous and easy to work with demonstrated all key features of his Firecracker Red Mustang Convertible all contributing to an awesome experience. 5 Stars

Douglas Jasken Saint Cloud, MN

I have used the app 3 times. One time I did have to cancel a trip because a family member got sick and it was easy to cancel and we got all of our money back. The other 2 times both renters were very accommodating and everything ran smooth as can be. I can't wait for my next trip.

Anna Ramirez Burbank, CA

Very convenient, I loved that I could use my bank card. Pick up and drop off at any time was super convenient. Did not like that first car was cancelled almost immediately, I had to scramble to find a new one. Other than that, very satisfied.

Paolo Frezza Brooklyn, NY

I have to say this has been the best rental experience I have had so far. Great communication with the host, I landed a bit earlier and the host was already there. I mean literally so far I cant say anything bad even if I wanted too. Literally no issues at all...

Daniel Bundy Chelsea, KEC

Very useful company! Many occasions car hire companies can much more expensive or you get very bad car with money you can afford. This company allow you to hire better car with great price range also with no headache. Highly recommend it.

Chaz Kelly Miami, FL

So I love the whole concept with Turo. It was quick easy and very efficient. The major problem I had with them was my host. My host I think tried to scam me by letting me rent a defective car. The car was falling apart already (typical wear and tear) and he tried to blame me for it. First off I thought I was renting from a female, not that it mattered but it was very misleading to see a guy pull up that wasn’t in the picture with the car. Second, he started to try and solicit another business to me with renting/ buying furniture through him. I just wanted to rent a car not get pulled into another scam or business venture. Third, the car was falling apart and he said I did it when I didn’t even notice it. He started taking pics of the car then started taking the car apart and couldn’t put it back together. Even in his before pics you could see there were things wrong with the car. I didn’t notice it until he made me look at the before pics to try and convince me that I did it but I caught him. I have pictures and everything. We ended up arguing for about 30 minutes about it all. One tire was going flat, the gas cap was loose and kept setting the sensor off on the dashboard, the front bumper was popping out, detailing on the front bumper were messed up, and the car needed to be serviced altogether says the dashboard. Lastly, The guy also made me give him a good report at first before he said anything was wrong with the car which also made me very suspicious. I didn’t like the experience of it all by the end of it because I felt played... especially since I spent over $800 renting the car.

Elliot Hardin Madison, OH

Had such a great experience with Turo! It was so easy to book the car and communicate with the owner through the whole trip. Would highly recommend to anyone traveling who wants to pay a reasonable price to rent a car of their choice!

Eric G Troy, MI

Loved being able to get a "non-traditional" rental car (e.g. Chevy Bolt). Car was also personally cared for so it was very clean and nice. As far as drawbacks, it isn't necessarily as flexible as a traditional rental car with multiple drop-off points and possibilities to change rental length.

Ryan Hewitt Lynnwood, WA

This was my first experience using Turo and it was awesome. I would highly recommend for someone looking for a short term rental. Very seamless and easy to use and the communication with the vendor was prompt and clear. Great option for car rental.

Denise strachon Pittsburgh, PA

This was the best experience I had renting a car ever !! From start to finish everything was well informed and the person was ready and waiting for me . I’ll recommend this to everyone it definitely worked well for me !! Will use it again !

Justin R Smithers, BC

I was only familiar with dealing directly with car rental companies, and never thought to research other options, until I came across Turo. My first experience with Turo was flawless. The prices were more competitive and the process for picking up and dropping off my rental vehicle was simple, and infact, more convenient. Regards, Justin