Turo Logo

6.2

Brandon Kopack Freehold, NJ

Great experience using turo twice both trips were in Los Angeles and both trips were smooth and easy. First trip we picked up the car at the turo lot right by the airport and dropped off in same location. Second trip we picked up the car from the car owners place also right by the airport and dropped off at the turo lot by LAX. Over all great experience using this app. Much better renting through Turo rather then a car rental at the airport because of how quick and easy the process is. Get the car keys, take pictures to document how the car looks when picking up, then drive away. Super easy and get to rent awesome cars. Thanks Turo!

Laura Williams Allen, TX

I recently used Turo to rent a vehicle from Boston L after my adult son told me about Turo and the good experience he had using it. I found the website to be easy to navigate. I was looking for a car that would be mechanically sound and older, as securing a low price for my 11 day rental was important. When I first used the Turo app expensive rentals showed up first, but I set a filter on the app for my price range and found several vehicles to chose from. I was happy with the vehicle I picked. It was a 2010 Toyota that ran fine, had fantastic A/C, and plenty of included miles. The owner that I rented from responded to messages quickly and was easy to work with. He was also courteous. I had no problems during my rental period, so there was no need to contact him then, as I returned the vehicle as arranged, washed and vacuumed, since I got sand in it. So, 5 stars from me: The app was easy to navigate, liability insurance is included at no extra cost, I found a vehicle that fit my budget, my expectations were reasonable for a vehicle 9 years old, and the owner was honest and the car was fine. Don’t hesitate! Try Turo!

Crystal Carrillo Seattle, WA

First time using Turo and so glad I went with Shamsulh's vehicle. He's very professional, organized and prompt with his responses. He asked for our flight info in order for them to track our flight for a smooth curbside pickup. Derek (Shamsulh's associate) picked us up outside of baggage claim within 10 minutes. We dropped Derek off at the pickup/dropoff location which was 5 minutes from the airport. We ended up renting two beach chairs and an umbrella from them which came in handy. The vehicle was clean, ran well and has AC! I would recommend renting a vehicle from Shamsulh to my family and friends.

Dale Columbus, OH

I had a decent first experience with Turo. The process of booking a car was straightforward. One thing I really liked that Turo offered was the ability for me to quickly modify the end time of the rental when I found out I needed the car for later in the day. Unfortunately, the car I rented turned out to have a strong burnt cigarette odor. I was running late so I didn't have time to speak with anyone. At the end of the day when I dropped off the car, I followed the instructions for ending the rental, which prompted me to leave feedback for both Turo and the owner of the car. I decided to leave private feedback for them since I had an excellent time independent of the unpleasant burnt cigarette odor. Within hours of leaving the feedback, I got a reply from the owner first and then Turo. The owner was apologetic and offered me to contact him personally before renting another car so he can ensure it is odor free. Turo was also apologetic and gave me credit for another rental. With that done, my only complaint is why was I given a car that had a bad cigarette odor in the first place? The owner shouldn't have had the car I rented available for rental if he knew, but I'm guessing he didn't have time to check the car before giving it to me? But it's water over the dam, I forgive him and plan to rent a car from him when I need a car rental. I'd like to thank both Turo and the owner of the car for providing friendly customer service.

Susan Simpson Albany, OR

I booked a car on TURO for the first time a few months ago in anticipation of the birth of our grandson this past month. The company and the app were both new to me and I installed the app with no issues and found it easy to navigate. There are many cars, many price points, from which to choose and I found a car I thought would be perfect for my use while I was in Washington State. The app offers secure messaging as well as secure payment. The process was seamless and the car was available to me just as promised with both the pickup and return easy and convenient . I highly recommend TURO and will use this service again.

Charles Griffiths Binghamton, NY

First time Turo user since rental service was not great at a smaller airport I flew in to. The experience was overwhelmingly positive. The biggest plus was the convenience. My car was waiting for me right outside the baggage claim area of the airport. Took 5 minutes to be on my way. Then, I dropped the car off at the departure entrance of the airport which took another 5 minutes max and I was on my way. The car, although a few years old, was immaculate, mechanically perfect and the owner was very easy to communicate with by text or phone. So,,,, I'm sold on Turo for convenience and the pricing beat the big name rental companies.

Marcelle Curtis Ft. Washington, MD

St first I was a bit skeptical having never heard or used Turo, but it was easier than expected. How often is it you can choose the exact ride you wane instead of a category or even choose a reasonable pickup and drop off date. That’s what sold me on Turo is that I needed a 4 wheel drive from a rental company and they told me they do not know if they would have one and to call back the day before I needed to rent. That was not comforting especially if I called just to find out they didn’t have a 4 wheel and everyone knows that the closer you reserve a rental, the pricier it gets. Turo is the complete opposite and that’s what I love about Turo. The price, the convenience, the process and the choice,

Brandon Nease

I had a guys trip planned for Tahoe and 1 of the people in our group rented from the airport. It was a mid sized SUV. after we did a head count and realized our luggage and oversized ski bags were needed, I checked Turo. I have used it with my wife in the past on trips with kids to Florida. We found a local SUV with more room and comfort, and the owner had a ski box for it which we didnt have an option for from the car rental place. The Turo owner was quick to respond , easy to coordinate with, and overall a really nice guy. We had a blast, used it to get to our rental, skied all week, then returned the vehicle to the owner at passenger pick up at the airport.

808 Girl Flowood, MS

This was my first Turo experience and when traveling in cities where it is available, I don't think I will ever get a conventional rental car again. The selection, price and ease of use (pickup/drop off) was amazing. There was a little confusion on my end when it came to documenting the pick up and drop off (car condition and mileage etc.) when picking up from an airport location things move pretty quickly and there wasn't much time to understand and go through the process - which I could foresee causing problems. I think that Turo needs to provide/point customers to instructions for the pick up and drop off documentation process at the time of rental confirmation so that they are aware of what is expected and how to get everything done.

Brandy Babnaw Winter Haven, FL

This was our first time using the app and we were very leary of how it worked. We were so pleasantly surprised!! The process was easy there was no deposit and no credit card needed just my bank card. It takes a photo of your license and a photo of your face and it uploaded quickly. We added the basic insurance for the three days we rented at just $9 a day. We chose to have the car dropped off to us for just an extra $40 which also included them picking it up. It was extremely easy to communicate with the car owner with the messaging system in the app as well. When the car owner drops off the car they take photos and then before you drive it you also take and upload photos and the same at the end. It was a fantastic experience and we will be using it again! Thank you so much!

Carl Morris Savannah, GA

Turo is the greatest invention since Uber. The concept is brilliant and it works flawlessly. It was so easy and quick to use the website and or App. I rented on the website and checked in on the app. Unlike the major rental companies there is no extra amount held on my card, Payment process is the easiest and quickest. My hosts were the greatest and the cars were as good or better than I could have gotten anywhere else. I had to contact support for an issue and they were extremely responsive. I needed another reservation and Ron made all the arrangements and called me. I cannot say enough about the support, service, and relationships I built simply being a customer. My host delivered and retrieved the car at no extra charge and he was so accommodating and professional, I felt like I had made a new friend. Please don't change anything... It's perfect!

Nick Basiaga Boynton Beach, FL

It was my first time using Turo. I heard about it from a friend and wanted to try an alternative to the traditional car rental. Both the website and iPhone app were easy to use and Turo had a large selection of vehicles available. I rented a Mercedes SUV from Ade and I could not be happier that I did. The vehicle was clean and he provided more miles than I actually needed. Both pick up and drop off were a breeze and the whole rental cost was much less than any traditional rental company for the same type of vehicle. I plan to continue using Turo and I hope to rent from someone as professional as Ade.

Gabriel Perry Huntington Beach, CA

I was traveling to Tampa fl from HB Ca for a week to look at homes and I booked my trip including my car rental . The day of my trip I was notified my rental was canceled and they had no cars I was infuriated at how terrible the commercial car rental industry has become . If it was not for Turo I would of been Car less and could not of accomplished what I went to Tampa for . The car was a luxury vehicle and was cheaper then any traditional rental co . Turo is amazing and an awesome easy experience . Once they offer unlimited miles they are going to kill the commercial car rental industry . Thank you Turo I will use you for now on in my travels for a rental car

Diana Munds Park, AZ

This is such a different concept that I was nervous if my owner, for some reason, didn't show up, I'd be stuck with a high rental from an airport agency with exorbitant fees. Nothing like that happened! My owner, ANIL, in Honolulu, was exceptional. I texted him after I'd boarded my flight so he knew I was on my way. Called after I'd deplaned on way to luggage. He answered right away, saying that when I had my luggage to call back, we'd arrange a convenient meeting place and he'd immediatetly leave to get me. I waited, maybe, ten minutes! He loaded my luggage and we drove to his drop-off location. Fortunately, it was in direction of my lodging!! The car was REASONABLE and just fine for going to work and parking it all day. I will definitely use TURO everywhere I go!!

Chris Frazier Gainesville, GA

Turo works very well. Of course, it depends on how your host responds to your reservation and services your needs. I was lucky that my first experience was great and now I rent cars from only one person who has multiple vehicles. That way, the pick up / drop off location is the same and I know the person who brings the car. So, Turo is a wonderful service offering for those who do not want to pay all of the fees that are applied with rental car companies. The app is good because it sends you reminders about your reservation and offers to extend your trip. Customer service is good with Turo when you are having an issue.

Linda L. Chappo El Cerrito, CA

My experience with Turo was really good. I saw something about it on TV one night and thought I would look into it. I knew I needed a car for my upcoming trip to San Diego so I did some research to find a better deal than what is offered by regular rental car agencies, which is no deal at all. I figured out a strategy and then found a Turo car owner near the airport that made my trip easy and affordable. I could take care of everything online, and the car owner was helpful, patient and responsive. Great customer service, it was so good that I booked Turo again for my trip in September. I highly recommend Turo, and I have told my family and friends.

Karen Mellman-Smith Chicago, IL

We had a bit of a "bumpy" ride initially with Turo, but their Customer Service and Reservations team really took care of us. And so overall, I was very pleased. The 1st day of our travel, our initial host messaged me that his previous renters cracked his windshield. He did the right thing by telling me right away. We landed in Boston without a car and were a bit freaked out. Fortunately, our customer service rep (through live chat) stayed with our case until we connected with Reservations, and our Reservations person found other options for us immediately. She too stayed on the phone with me until the situation was resolved. Fortunately, another local host offered us immediate availability and we were on our way. The reservations team really took care of us, especially given the unfortunate experience, and because of that, I have to give them full stars.

Loche Kline Ashville, OH

All was fine and as expected other than one thing, which should be worth your attention. I had been warned, in advance, by other relatives who experienced the same thing with TURO rentals at other locations. My confirmation intentionally specified CURBSIDE pick up and drop off. My vehicle owner texted me the day of my late night arrival that he'd leave the car in short term parking with the keys and money for the parking fee. I insisted that CURBSIDE was necessary. I explained that I am a female, senior citizen, traveling along, who has mobility issues, and who prefers to not be wandering thru an airport parking lot late at night looking for my rental! Plus, I pointed out that I'd chosen his vehicle BECAUSE of the CURBSIDE option! Jeremy agreed (he said he only lived 5 minutes away and for me to text when the airplane landed, which I did). The pick up was rushed and not at all pleasant, but the airport was very crowded so I was ok with the way that it worked out. The morning of drop off, the owner texted that he knew that I wanted CURBSIDE (as was agreed upon and confirmed!) rather than leaving the vehicle in short-term parking, however he said that I'd need arrive by 11am or before (instead of the 11:30am the prior time commitment) since he had another appointment. I had thought about and was prepared to go early, so it was not a problem and I did so. AGAIN, other TURO customers have experienced the same "switch" type thing at locations in Calif., VA and other places, so it might be worth addressing on your corporate end. Also, because I was somewhat prepared for it, and my vehicle owner was fine, this is not a complaint against him. Sincerely, Loche Kline

ANNA Christina Antioch, CA

It has been a dream, having the opportunity to rent practically any vehicle by reserving online. Turo makes doing this both, streamline and very convenient. The prices are absolutely fair, perhaps slightly better than competitors. I'm pleased because of transparency regarding the entire booking process. Turo is amazing as well as their variety of cars offered. The quality is consistent, meanwhile the choices are linear and depends on individual preference. The website displays a range that could cater to any consumer, spanning between the average commuter automobile and towards the luxury, performance and/or exotic ranked class. The personalized transaction simply is not plausible at the outdated rental counter managed by corporations with their fluctuating fleet, erratic authorizations, varied policies based on location, weekend hours and with only a guarantee of waiting in line. As my familiarity grows with Turo, I now have a few owners who I frequent and this is refreshing to further elimate potential stress. I feel the peer to peer platform is professional when using Turo. Stellar service and it is impressive that my needs are accommodated, especially on occasions where I have scheduled at the last minute. Thank you.

Camille Besser Miami, FL

I love Turo. I’ve always been a city girl so I haven’t owned a car in ages. However, sometimes you need one. Turo is perfect for this! I found out about it through a Google search while I was trying to find an affordable rental car. All of the jig companies were just so expensive and had a LOT of paperwork. Turo is easy. As long as you provide your license and a pic of yourself to verify identity, you are set. When you drive you are under insurance. You take beginning trip pics and end of trip pics to show mileage and gas as well as the condition of the car. I’ve had to contact Turo Support when I didn’t hear back from the renter in the alloted time- and they always helped to get me on the road- wether it be them reaching out to the renter, or finding me another car ASAP. All of the renters I’ve worked with have been great and so has Turo as a company. I tell everyone about this! It’s so easy! And you can find REALLY affordable cars and even some fancy scmancy cars if you want to impress someone :) Billing is easy- you have your info in your profile and Turo takes care of the rest. Everyone should use Turo! For when you need a car or want to rent out your own car!

Mariah Christine Baltimore, MD

I am in owner of multiple vehicles I rent out in the Baltimore area. I use multiple platforms but Turo is the best. They are fast when it comes to claims, which I have had to use twice. They are helpful on the emergency line. They get back to your emails within 2 days. The only thing that I don't like is there is not enough notice and dissemination of policy changes! I pay close attention to my money and I rent out cars multiple times per week and sometimes multiple times per day. Therefore, I know immediately when something has changed. I'll go on facebook or twitter and check my email and there will be no mention of the change. Then when I reach out to customer service, they will act like idk what I'm talking about until I press the issue and show them proof that policies have changed that affect my bottom line. If they make that small change and stay the way they are otherwise, I would give them a 10 rating. I felt compelled to write because I'm seeing a lot of disgruntled drivers (not owners) giving bad reviews. If you treat the car the way you would want your car to be treated, you would most likely not have any issues. Now if you do have issues because I'm sure not all owners are truthful or care about customer service, your problem still would have most likely be resolved with adequate documentation on your part such as taking pictures on your own, recording mileage, keeping track of how much you drive, communicating within the app, etc.

Rose Chevelon Tallahassee, FL

I found out about turo from a friend and it was amazing. It is cheap and efficient and I had a blast using them for my birthday weekend.

Scale Life Farmington, MI

Unethical scam artist! They’ll lie to you and anything else to get you to pay their INFLATED fees then leave you stranded! We were taken advantage of by a seller who wanted new tires, they canceled our insurance on the car & charged us double what they’ll cost and closed the amount until we paid it. We then paid it after personally getting confirmation that our account we gain full access again after payment and they closed the account soon as we paid. Nobody can be trusted, they’re all pawns used to lie to you for a single person behind a computer to screw anyone who expects fairness. I wouldn’t recommend them if it was FREE

Ronald Moore Tacoma, WA

I’m done with Turo. The first time I booked a Yukon and rented this specific vehicle so my 3 and 5 year old could watch their Disney DVDs during the long road trip. When I picked the car up, “it didn’t have one” for some reason. The photos of the vehicle were of another vehicle. The second time I used Turo I booked a 2010 Ford Escape with “Amjad” in Columbus, OH. The car was a piece of crap! When I started it, warning lights flashed, the fan belt whined LOUDLY, it had dents, it had rust spots, bald tires and STAINS inside!!! When I asked for another vehicle I was told there weren’t any (it was a used car lot). The vehicle didn’t even have a permanent license plate. It had “temporary tabs” taped inside the tinted rear window. I drove the car a couple of times and returned it TWO FULL days before I was planning on returning my Turo rental. However, Turo kept ONE FULL day of my rental payment with no explanation as to why!! TERRIBLE COMPANY!! DO NOT USE THEM!!

A Zand Mission Viejo, CA

I rented my Tesla Model 3 on Turo. Had a renter who did not return it, ran it until there was 1 mile left on it without charging, didn’t answer my messages. Turo tried to contact them and they used a fake license and phone number. They told me I need to wait 48-hours. They do nothing to get your car back. Police do nothing because they say you voluntarily rented your car out. Renters beware if someone chooses not to return your car Turo does nothing about it. Oh the worst part, the person didn’t even get their account suspended after Turo customer service admitted to me they used a fake ID and phone number.

Dan S

This was my first time using Turo and I’ll never use Turo again. The host canceled my reservation 2 days before my trip. I understand things happen BUT it was the third time this host has canceled reservations. According to Turo’s own review the host had canceled the previous reservation just 2 hours before pick up time. When I called Turo all they said was, “Sorry for the inconvenience.” Then Turo’s representative proceeded to tell me it could take up to 10 days to get my refund. I would not recommend the service to anyone. Very unreliable. Stick with rental companies that actually have backup vehicles if needed.

Melron Estes South Jordan, UT

DO NOT RENT FROM TURO! I used Turo as my car rental company because pricing was much cheaper. However after the first day I called to add me as a driver and maybe not have my wife as a driver. After 6 hours and talking to five departments and several managers in a different country Turo ended up cancelling my reservations and then charging me an additional $790.00 to get back the original reservation. They then blamed me for the error stating it was I who called them and requested the cancellation. Aside from costing me an unwanted $800 it also made me miss the activities we had planned on Sunday and put me in a foul mood for my vacation. What I found out from this experience (aside from never use Turo) is that the way they have structured their company is that they have all customer service and account management handled in a foreign country where they are poorly trained in how to run and navigate their systems and the managers are only authorized to offer a maximum of $30.00 to correct problems or errors and cannot make changes outside a set perimeters of the programming. Hopefully this will save others from having to deal with the same expensive frustration I did.

Paul Donovan Windermere, FL

I will never rent through Turo again and I encourage you to never do so either. For the first time ever, I rented a car through Turo for a week in Arizona. We had plans to see Sedona, Flagstaff etc during our time there. The third day we had the car we were driving from Phoenix to Sedona when we had a tire blow out on the highway. Pull over to the side of the road prepared to change the tire and there is no spare tire in the car. A little more inconvenient but no huge problem because we will call for Turo roadside assistance. Unfortunately, where the tire blew out has no cell service whatsoever. We tried my phone with no service, my wife's phone (different carrier) which had no service. So , now we are out in the middle of the desert where it is 101 degrees with no way to contact anybody for assistance. I get out of the car and after about 5 minutes am able to wave somebody down to hopefully assist. Of course, they have no cell service but they promise to call the highway patrol as soon as they do. A guy with an 18 wheeler also stops. Again, no cell phone service and his CB radio is non operational. Just as we were preparing to take a ride into the next town (Black Canyon City) to try to get a wrecker the highway patrol showed up. Of course, he has no cell service and his computer can't connect to the internet. However, he did have a radio and did call a wrecker for us. We had to pay $215.00 to tow the car to the nearest tire store and then another $133 for a new tire. Turo refuses to reimburse us anything for this added expense saying I was at fault! Somehow, I am at fault because a fairly new tire (4 months old) must have been defective and blew out the sidewall while I was driving on the highway. Somehow, I am at fault because there was no spare tire in the car. Somehow, I was at fault because I had no cell phone service and had to wave down help in the middle of a 101 degree desert. Somehow I am at fault because I had the car towed without contacting Turo ! This is the kind of risk you are taking when you rent through Turo. Never agsin!

mohamed farhadaa Mississauga, ON

I booked a car with 7 seats to pick up my friend and his wife and 2 kids and 6 luggage at 7am. I booked it a month in advance to make sure I have it ready. On the day before the booking at 11 pm I got a call that this car is not available. I could not find any other 7 seaters on that day as it was very short notice. I booked a smaller car and had many trouble of going the trip back and forth and I called other friend to help us out. After all this trouble, support did not do anything except giving me 20$ back saying this is the maximum out of 150$. Moreover, they did not allow me to speak to their manager as the case is not "that serious". Please think many times before booking with them.

Tiera Henry Saint Augustine, FL

In July we rented a vehicle through Turo while visiting Colorado. At first the experience was great, we met with the owner’s son at the airport and went on our way towards Estes Park. The next afternoon we drove the vehicle to Bear’s Lake and after walking around we went to return to the vehicle and we’re unable to get it started. We first thought the key fob had died but after a few short minutes the entire vehicle was dead. We were able to have someone jump us. Upon doing so warning lights came on to “check engine”, “check all wheel drive” and to contact a dealership. Given our location we were forced to drive the vehicle to the entrance of the park so that we would have service to contact the owner. Upon driving the vehicle it began to lurch violently so we pulled off at the first point we could do so safely (not even 1/4 of a mile from our original parking lot). We were able to contact the owner and the owners son regarding the situation and it was decided that the vehicle would be towed. We were guaranteed a full refund of our costs with the agreement that we’d pay what we had used in gas. We were then left in a National Park, with three young children, with a thunderstorm coming and no means of transportation. Luckily we were able to get transportation from the park to our condo and the next day had to find transportation to Boulder to obtain a new rental car. After our trip we received a refund of not even 1/3 of our total costs. When we inquired with the owner he stated he had told Turo what had happened and it should’ve been a full refund. When we contacted Turo regarding such we were informed that because the owner of the vehicle chose not to profit from our trip we were limited in what could be refunded. When I explained the situation leading up to and the difficulties it caused us they then stated that they would reduce the “trip cost” as we benefited from a full day use and their investigation resulted in that the vehicle was safe to operate and we could have done so. Their price reduction was then what they would normally charge for a “day trip”. I then sent videos of the vehicle’s condition showing that it was in no condition to drive and stated I would pay 1/5 of our total original fee (given the one day use and ignoring the fact we ended up having to pay more for another rental car) but they have been unwilling to assist. In response they stated that they’d provide us with a $30 credit to be used for the future. Not only am I disappointed in the way this was handled by the owner and Turo I’m concerned with that Turo allowed the vehicle to be operated and attempted to state that it was safe for us to continue driving that day.

Deb Harvey Waterford, WI

I have been trying to rent a vehicle in Anchorage, AK for next summer (2022). My first reservation cancelled on me as they indicated the price I reserved was too low and they weren't taking bookings until next year. So, why did their website indicate differently. My second attempt and the host never responded to my request. The third and fourth requests cancelled for personal reasons (going on vacation and selling car at the end of summer). I contacted Turo and they indicated hosts should be honoring their pricing/availability. I tried one more time and booked a reservation only to have it cancelled within hours. The host indicated "Too soon to book, I haven't set prices to match likely demand." I suggested they updated their website so others won't be able to make any reservations and I also indicated I had 4 previous cancellations. His response - "When four different people tell you the same thing, it might be an indication you're the one who's being unreasonable, not them." I will tell all my friends to stay far away from Turo.

Hayley Coppola Hoboken, NJ

I had my first experience with Turo this past weekend. When I went to pickup the car, the host was not there for me to ask any questions on the 2011 Nissan Maxima, instead I had to get the keys from a coworker. Upon turning the car on there were lights on the dashboard (traction control and no air bags). Not knowing if this was faulty since there was no host and I had to get on the road I proceeded with the trip. About an hour into the trip water from the air conditioning started leaking into the footwells to the point where if you stomped your foot you could visibly see splashing. On the way back from the trip, low tire pressure notifications kept popping up from a cracked rim every hour after refilling with air. Eventually, I was stuck in the middle of nowhere in Ohio far away from tire shops and civilization to get this issue fixed. There was no towing nearby, and this cracked rim issue caused a delay of 5 hours in the trip. It turns out the rim was an awkward size and different local tire shops would need a replacement order that wouldn't come for a couple of days. What I ended up having to do is go to a local welder and WELD the rim back shut, then proceed to get a new tire as well since the cracked rim was ripping up the tires inside. Once the wheel was repaired, the stability control light had gotten turned off, meaning the car was given with a wheel that was causing the light to turn on in the first place. This 5 hour delay in the trip caused me to have to take an additional day off of work as well as push the ""return date"" for the car (an additional item I was charged). Eventually I made it back home to NJ and dropped off the car (once again the host was not here for the drop off). Thinking at the bare minimum it would be reasonable for Turo to refund the unexpected costs due to the unsafe car they rented me, I reached out to Customer Support multiple times on the matter. Their response is that the refund is up to the discretion of the host, who clearly wasn't acting in good faith since the beginning of my trip. So why would he refund me in the first place? This is a situation Turo needs to take into their own hands and they are refusing to do so. I am extremely concerned that they are ok with this car continuing to be listed on their site due to the level of seriousness they took my inquiry - they gave me a $50 credit to use on my next Turo trip thinking that would resolve the matter. The responses were also copied and pasted canned statements, with broken english sprinkled in (they refuse to get on the phone with you, they only let you talk to them through chat and email). That credit is going to go to waste, and I highly recommend anyone reading this to stick with a proper Enterprise, Avis, anyone else who takes full ownership of the maintenance policies they have in place.

Heather Goetz Peoria, AZ

We had a terrible experience. Car was not as advertised and we drove around for a week with air that did not work. Furthermore after we left possession of car we were told no matter what happens we are responsible for damage for 24 hrs later. So if they total it after we leave it with them. We are liable. There was a scratch after they moved it and even though we had pics proving it wasn't there they charged us over 1100 dollars. Big scam and they won't even respond to concerns etc. Waiting on the day they lose in court when they try blaming someone for something when they aren't even in the same state at the time it happens. Use a reputable company. Even if your cc company covers rentals. They even know better and won't cover turo due to the shady business practices. Buyer beware.

Sophia Tristan Sacramento, CA

I rented a vehicle from Turo only once because after my first rental, the company ran a background check on me that I apparently didn’t pass. They do this after you agree to things that you click on to process the rental. That was the reason given to me after I contacted customer service to inquire as to why I could not login again to my account to shop for a second rental. Are people who have records but have paid for their crimes to society still going to be punished forever? This company is too judgmental and frankly want to be picky about whose money they are willing to accept. That’s the truth.

Mrs Nurse Honolulu, HI

First of all, I want you, readers, to know that I started my trip with an open mind and happy about my vacation in Honolulu. Let start by saying that the price was very low, but not without its problems. The first problem was that I had to pay $70 for the car to be dropped at the airport. A friend recently put her car on this site, and she said that the vehicle is left in the airport garage, and she leaves money for her customers to pay for the parking when they leave the parking site. Anyways, I started walking towards where the car was supposed to be, but I hit the freeway and walking with three children at 11 pm probably not a great idea, so I called a cab that charged me $10 to get me to the rental, which was in a very dark street in the middle of nowhere. I was exhausted, so I drove to my Airbnb in a car that was very almost asphyxiating due to the smell of gas. The next day we visited museums with the windows open; I barely used the car all day. The following day, we took a more extended trip to the beach, and we saw cockroaches. There were coming from everywhere in the car. I communicated with the owner because in the Turo website is the first thing they ask you to do. Well, I sent him this "I'm disappointed with the state of the car. First, there is a strong smell of gas or similar that is overpowering, and we have to travel with open windows, and second, your car has cockroaches. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but it is very ..." (disgusting, sickening, unsanitary, well add your adjective). " It is too late for me to find another car, but I'm not happy about all these problems." He said he would exchange it and asked someone to bring a car and take the filthy one. The friend said, "I'll be there at 8:30 pm," but at 8:30 pm, she said she'll be late. I didn't make a big deal about it; besides, I just wanted for the car to be gone. During the day, two big cockroaches walked through my legs, and another one fell practically on my daughter's mouth when she was drinking water, but that is not all; my son killed around ten cockroaches in 20 minutes. She called and said that she was downstairs waiting; when I drove the car, the tire was flat, and when I went to get the spare instead of a tire, there was garbage. I asked her for her spare, and she said she didn't have one, so I communicated with the owner, who said to call Turo. I was not in any rush, and I could have waited until the next day to change the tire, but he told me to call Turo's roadside assistant. I waited until 1 am for the car to get picked up, and I could not move. To make this story shorter. I called Turo, but they said that they could not talk to me and just text with me about any problem. I texted them, and I told them about the cockroaches. I sent them the pictures. I told them about the state of the car and all the bad things that happened. They said I am sorry we can't help you. You didn't call us the first day. I said I got to the car almost at midnight, and the only thing in my mind was to sleep. Besides, in your rules, it says contact your host, and that is what I did, and they said "Well, we are sorry, we can't help you" I have been without a car for two days. Turo billed me for over $200 for towing that was not my idea, and denied me my money back because they don't know how long the cockroaches were there. The cheated rises dearly, and now I have to rent a real car for double what I paid in Turo and pay Turo's roadside fees. This company doesn't care about the guest; it just looks out for the host, so be aware. They don't look for solutions; they just give you the runaround, and then there are the car owners who rent trash in bad tires.

porter Davis, CA

I had an issue telling the app I was returning a car early. After speaking to a rep on the phone who assured me I would get my 110$ refund, I found no such refund had arrived. After getting in touch with multiple chat reps, none of whom had any knowledge of what I had told another, they informed me that I was not going to get a refund because my host had denied that I returned early. When I left a review for my trip explaining all of this on the Turo site, it stayed up for about a day before the company deleted it. So beware if a driver has more "trips" than reviews, it could be that the company just deleted any bad ones to save face

Kelly Stanley Herriman, UT

Turo is so nice because it is cheaper than renting a car. Sometimes it’s inconvenient to go to the car and it can cost a lot to have it delivered. But it’s mostly just great

Michael Hitrinov Brooklyn, NY

REAL FRAUD Fraud . Stay away . Better run away . Carew not registered . Not drivable . Steal your money . Refuse to talk to your . All service in Philippines REAL FRAUD

wendy reategui Burbank, CA

Adam was an AWESOME host! He explained everything I needed to know about his Explorer, that was so clean & with all features make our trip easy and Fun. Adam was quite efficient vis text answering my questions and responded right away. It was a pleasure renting Adam’s Explorer. I will be definitely be renting it for our next trip camping or weekend get away!

Vianca Potts Hialeah, FL

I loved my experience of being able to tour the city with my own vehicle. The drop off and pick up was smooth! The woman I rented from personally said I can request for locations to visit if needed. She was so nice and it was nearly half the price from the huge rental companies! I also felt very safe! The lady I rented from gave me a bottle of hand sanitizer. I’ll be using turo in the future!

Pamela Shanks Springfield, OH

I was hesitant about using Turo in regards to legitimacy but took a chance. I'm glad I did because it was extremely easy, and cost so much less than a car from a rental company. The car we rented was clean, comfortable and in great shape. We rented from a great gentleman who was very friendly, accommodating and punctual. Customer service was very helpful when I called for information. I will definitely use Turo in the future.

Dave Macey Newtown, CT

TURO was awesome to use as an affordable and fun alternative! It was easy to use, to learn and to coordinate with the vehicle owner! Nick's Mercedes Benz 300 in CT was fabulous and he was so accommodating! I would recommend this service to EVERYONE interested in renting a car! The family loved the vacation that much more! Thank you all, esp Nick and his wife!!

AJ Veldusea Beaumont, CA

Our host, James, was great. He bent over backwards to make our trip feel full and awesome! Soon before starting the trip, the communication was great and plans had been solidified for a great start. The vehicle was perfect for our vacation and we hope to call up James for our visit next year. I will add, that we have become so found of Turo that we do not use rental car companies anymore. It's fun to pick from rentals that are more tailored to our needs without any bait & switch. Thank you

Mark B Pearland, TX

I wish they extend the Mileage the customers can take without having to pay extra. Also in the insurance part, if they could clarify things further. I know with other Rental Companies, i don’t have to add extra protection since i’m already covered from my own car insurance. Also using certain types of credit cards has advantage of the other. I wish they just show all of these, for the customer and the host just so everything is clear! If the Turo does this, i wouldn’t hesitate to give it a 5star, and this App has the potential to be the Airbnb on cars 😉. Think about it, to the developers, directors and CEO of the company. Take note

Kathy Ross Chicago, IL

I like the fact that a person have wide range of car's to choose from. The prices range from high to low depending on what a person can afford. I like the fact that you can pick different area's to pick up the vehicle. I didn't no how or if the back windows let down. I searched for button and finally figured out back windows didn't let down. Know way to find out anything about the car.

Oscar Benavides Tampa, FL

I been renting from Enterprise for the last 10 years, from convertibles, luxury, SUVs, and even vans. I been loyal to them until I found Turo. If the vehicle owners can keep their numbers low, clean vehicles and able to deliver the cars at renters convenience. I think this will impact greatly my decisions on renting cars... My experience with my first rental was quite wonderful, very convenient... I selected the car-paid-owner dropped it at my door and when done he picked it up.. extremely convenient.. I will not pay for delivery or pick up, if I had to do that I go to Enterprise...

Tammy McIntosh , OK

All was good until I went to use the windshield wipers on david Hyundai eleantra. They were very worn and didn't wipe the windshield and also the passenger side wasnt even big enough or meant for that car. So I could hardly see in the rain. Also his wife was about 10 to 15 mins late and the car sat there running cause it to go down one bar on the gas gauge. 2 days after the trip eneded David try to request payment of $30 from me for the gas gauge claiming it was under by more than 1/4. He uploaded a picture 22 minutes after the car was picked up. And was picked up late, causing a delay of me getting onto my flight on time. All was well and I forgave her being late and the windshield wiper issues. But trying to charge me $30 2 days later for 1 bar of gas missing because they were late picking up the car is insane. I won't use them again!

Nicole Schloss Tallahassee, FL

This was my first experience using Turo. I was able to book my rental quite easily. I provided all information requested of me and I was approved for my first rental within 24 hours. The host was Brandon was very communicative, as well as an all star host who had over 1,000 trips, so I felt comfortable and confident when booking. Will be using them again to rent.

Dana Smith Chicago, IL

Turo was amazing for me and my girls❤️ We booked a flight and forgot last minute to get a car, since everything in Cali was far. A friend told us about Turo and we used it immediately! AMS was our host and he was so sweet to allow us to use his car as a first time member and keep it all week😍. It was very convenient, inexpensive, and stylish. I would definitely recommend Turo to anyone who needs a car.

Xander Underwood's Nashville, TN

Overall I like how much easier it is to use this app then it is to use the car rental agencies. What I liked most was the guy I ended up renting from, Ben, was genuinely professional and helpful when it came to accommodating my needs. Excellent guy. What I dislike most was the fact that the first person I tried to rent from canceled, and also that the prices listed on the vehicles are not exactly accurate when you account for insurance, mileage, and taxes. I do wish that was more transparent. However overall I would say that the app is an excellent value for the money.