Turo Logo

6.7

Alejandra Missouri City, TX

I was impressed on how streamlined the rental transaction was; unlike renting from a car rental company. Additionally, it was convenient (the owner picked us up at airport) and more economical than a regular rental. Have all good things to say about this.

Rosie Avery, CA

WILL NEVER GO BSCK TO A REGULAR RENTAL COMPANY-renting from a Tuto host was extremely easy and a very pleasant experience. I’m hooked!! Super friendly host, easy pick up, drop off, billing is easy. Great way to rent a car!

Mohamad N Alnaal Westborough, MA

Cool selection of cars and lots of variety. Disliked how the renter is responsible for cleaning the car, unlike normal car companies where you are not. Car was a little dirty when I received it and I returned it much cleaner than when I got it mostly due to me being worried about being blamed for a mess that wasn't mine. Found that a little unfair.

Gloria Martin

The experience was very excellent. We rented a tiny car while on vacation in the Denver, Colorado area. We even got up into the Rocky Mountains with it and had no problem with it. All of the customer service and pick up information was done online. Very nice person.

Harsh San Antonio, TX

I have rented my Car 7 times so far. I was having a good experience until one bad renter showed up. He damaged my rims and replaced my car tires with some cheap tires. I have submitted a claim. After 2 weeks of talking. They finally agreed to pay for the rims. But bad news is it is three weeks now and i am still waiting for there response on how to proceed. Everything works fine until something bad happens. Now I have to invest what i made so far and extra money from my pocket to get back my car to normal. The performance of my car is spoiled. Remember, Something happens like this. You will be hopeless. Uploading the pics prior and post the trips will help you sometimes. But its finally your car that you are risking. Just think if that lil extra dollars is really worth? If you really don't care about all this. Turo is a good platform surely to make those extra bucks and the customer service is helpful for small claims. EOD. It's your choice to make extra money or Enjoy your car?

Toni DiSalvo Redondo Beach, CA

Vehicle less expensive than rental car companies for a larger vehicle. Met when I came off the plane by the owner and was at my check in door when I arrived at the airport for my return flight. Excellent communication with the owner and Turo. Great experience.

Robert Drum Birmingham, AL

Picked the car up at the LAX Turo car lot. The employees were extremely friendly and busy. They did a good job of doing both. Same when I returned the car. The car was fun to drive and worked well. Looking forward to this service spreading across the USA

Leandro Fernandez San Diego, CA

This is the second time that I have rented a car through Turo. I was very happy with the performance of the John C Infinity Q50 except for the flat tire issue due to the uneven wearing of the tire which resulted in my losing 3 hours on my vacation. This type of incident can be prevented in the future.

Rondalyn Rodriguez Pocatello, ID

The process was easy as far as Eric, the car owner. The wait time on the phone for Turo was excessive. The limited capabilities at this point is frustrating. For instance, changing the primary driver. I was told to cancel the trip, which assesses fees, and reschedule. The customer service rep was friendly and tried to help. I will use this service in the future.

Eric Jennings Livermore, CA

This is the first time I used Turo and had a very positive experience. The car owner was on time when we arrived and was very pleasant. Same for the return. The owner met us at the departures terminal on time. I gave him the keys, pictures taken and off he went. I have already recommended Turo to other family and friends.

Muddassir Syed Houston, TX

Convenient and easy to book. Billing was straight forward with different options for insurance. Pick up and return were not complicated, had to extend my trip and it was done on the app with any wait time. Overall a 5* experiance for a first time user.

Jiro Sumada Honolulu, HI

Turo is BEST!!! I've used it only 3 times and each time has been the most convenient experience. I like that the renters were from our local community and are very accommodating as I learn the system and need to make changes to my rental of their cars.

Julee Ryan Portland, OR

I have been saving money on Turo car rentals for 3 years now. I always select airport pick up and drop off for the greatest convenience. No shuttle, no lines! On my most recent trip to Honolulu for 13 days, I saved 60% over using a traditional car rental company!

Robert Niedergerke Layton, UT

Easy to navigate and reserve a car. Fees differ for different days, not clear if that is being done by Turo or the car owner. App very efficient in managing end-to-end process. Should be fee assessed to owner, and credited to traveler, for reservations canceled by owner at the last minute. Very responsive support personnel, in the event you have a question not already covered in their extensive FAQs.

Santiago Milton, MA

So many great cars available for rent, makes it hard to settle on a utility one. Did it selecting a Mini Cooper with six standard gears that was a pleasure to drive. The rest of the Turo operation was a piece of cake! Everything easy at much better cost than the “old” car rentals!

Joshua San Francisco, CA

For the most part, Turo is a great concept and allows their users who don't have a need to drive in their everyday lives, to pick one up with ease. Where they fall short is service and operations. For example, I rented a car for a business trip and the when the car was pulled up to me in the lot with the windows down, I along with all the other customers, got a strong smell of cigarette and marijuana smoke. Let me remind you, this was rented for a business trip. The attendants at the lot said I need to get in touch with Turo. Phone calls provided no help so I left an email. Did not receive a response until 3 days later. My trip ended the next day. There was no attempt to make good on this or appease my terrible experience. Granted, this was one bad experience out of a handful of good experiences but nonetheless, a bad taste in my mouth (and bad smell in my clothes for that matter).

Annie Eliot, ME

We never realized how expensive car rentals can be. But after I found turo the prices were way more reasonable and I still had options to choose from! I have already told so many people it’s worth looking into if you need a car!

Joe Nishanian Naples, FL

The car was an upgrade to what was offered by the big rental companies and $115 less. I was picked up and dropped off at the airport and I was in easy communication with the owner. I would use Truro again and have recommended it to my family and friends.

Lionel William Valley Chico, CA

The program has worked very well for me, most recently renting a Toyota Prius out of Minneapolis Airport. The owners have been very co-operative and helpful with follow ups to confirm all is ok. The cost is definitely better than regular rentals and there is no hassle at the counters, etc.

Cori McGlynn Burlingame, CA

Loved Turo and wish I had known about it sooner. I only stumbled across your company when I did a google search for jeep rentals in DC. I couldn't find what I needed through the regular rental services and your company popped up. Lucky me. I won't go back after using your service. Thank you!

Alicia Carr Killeen, TX

I enjoyed turo because it is simple. if you have any issues they resolve them quick and simple. It feels safe and secure. They are nice to the renters and the ones renting out there cars. Overall I would use it again and refer to friends and family.

JR Philadelphia, PA

There are no guarantees of your experience with Turo. Your car may be amazing, or full of trash and wobbly at highway speed. Your host might even decide to cancel on you at the last minute and you'll be stuck struggling to find a reservation when it would have been easy days earlier. However, if you cancel last minute, they keep all your money. The only thing that makes these troubles tolerable is that if you are in a city that is well served, you can find a car close to where you are at a reasonable price instead of going to one of the major rental agencies farther away. Also, when you have issues, if you complain enough you can get a $30 travel credit. I think they are still working the kinks out at Turo.

Ka Atlanta, GA

Turo is a great concept. I don't think all of it's users understand the concept of a community sharing service however. Turo still has work to do with it's booking system as well. I've had several experiences where I booked a vehicle and it wasn't actually available and had to be refunded. All of the vehicles aren't clean when you pick them up either unlike a traditional rental car services.

Baker Ellett Richmond, VA

Everything about my experience with TURO and Aldin S. (the care owner) was seamless and worry free. I couldn't have had a better experience and vehicle for my week long trip to the Bay area. Would definitely use TURO again and recommend it to anyone needing that extra special rental vehicle.

Robin Wareham, MA

I've been thrilled with with every rental experience I've had with Turo! To heck with those big rental companies and all the hoops they make you jump through! Turo is a great service that's helped me about 10 times and I tell others about them often and I look forward to planning more trips in the future!

Darrell Bryan Brooklyn, NY

My experience with Turo was amazing and I wouldn't mind using them again. Everything was hassle free, straight forward, and easy to understand. From check-in to Check-out i've had clear communication from who I rented from and was also assisted with additional options from rentee that was easily billed later on.

Alejandro Austin, TX

We used Turo on a recent trip out of state and had a great experience. We were able to get a car that was great on gas and practical for less than we would've had to pay traditionally. The interaction was seamless from start to finish.

Asie Spring Valley, NY

Simply Amazing! I would definitely recommend this to anyone trying to rent a car without the stress. It was a smooth experience with no hassle. My Andrea was responsive and made sure everything was well. The car was just as described and looked exactly like the images provided. Thank You Turo for an Amazing experience!

Gabrielle Sorapuru Orlando, FL

I love using Turo to get rental cars. You don’t have to go through all the hassle that you would with a normal rental car service as well there’s not a whole bunch of hidden fees. Very easy for a young driver (under the age of 25) to rent a vechile without a credit card or a $200 or more deposit.

Smitesh Long Beach, CA

Amazingly simple and reliable way to rent cars. No hassles of signing a number of documents or keeping a deposit. The cars displayed in the list are nicely ordered according to the relevance and I normally do not need to scroll a lot to find the perfect match.

Mike Cove Phoenix, AZ

I have to admit that the concept had me skeptical in the beginning, regular people renting their to other individuals? However, the trip was great, the app incredibly easy to use, and my host was exceptional! I can’t honestly imagine renting the traditional way ever again and I highly recommend giving Turo a shot!

Alejandro Velazquez Los Angeles, CA

The death of Enterprise, Hertz and all those other rental agencies is upon us. Turo is an amazing, affordable service with a great selection of cars. Absolutely genius, can't wait for my next rental. No need to buy a luxury car, I'll just rent a Benz from Turo every special occasion from now on.

Elizabeth Kuhn Norfolk, VA

I am really pleased with Turo except for one thing. .. Before my first trip, I went to the website to use the $25 code, but was unable to. I called customer service, told them the website would not allow me to use the promo, and asked if maybe I could use it now. I was told no, it had to be before the first trip. I'm a satisfied customer, but would have been an EXTREMELY satisfied customer if I were able to get the $25 credit.

Gino Riggi Goldsboro, NC

It's the AirBnB of cars! Everything is insured, so there's no loss of Peace of mind. The app and website are very intuitive. It's very easy to see what's for rent within walking distance. Payment is smooth and easy. Reviews of renter's and drivers gives both parties peace of mind.

Alec Julian Minneapolis, MN

Of the three times that I have rented a car using Turo, each experience was spectacular. I would never rent a car from another big company again, this is much more competitive, and in turn cheaper. I recommend this app to all of my friends that ever need to rent a car! (everyone!)

Kim N Reston, VA

Easy peer-to-peer car rental/sharing service! Beats traditional car rentals and also the prices are very comparable! Schedule pickup/drop-offs are very flexible compared to traditional car rentals as well, so that is a definite plus.

Tim Hoekstra

Turo is the best...give your money, and not much of it...to a person like you who's willing to share. Buy more luxury with your money and find a car with some character. Do you want to drive a mundane rental? Or, something with a personality. I think Turo is the best and i will ALWAYS check the listings from Turo before I travel anywhere.

Karen Walburn Sultan, WA

We rented our car in Phoenix, AZ. The pickup at the airport was quick and easy, as was the short drive to the office. The same was true on our return. Fast, friendly service. The only reason I am not giving a 5 star rating is because the car itself was a bit sluggish going through the hills between Phoenix and Flagstaff. The ease of rental and staff were excellent.

Randy McKinley South Charleston, OH

I like dealing with actual people rather than big businesses. Turo allows me to do just that. The convenience of having someone drop off the car to me & pick it up when I'm done is a game changer when visiting a city that I've never been to. I don't want to waste time getting to my journey. I want it to begin right away.

Jacquelyn Son

Very bad first impression! Booked a car, owner did not respond in a timely manner so we had to cancel. A refund was received but was over $70 short because of the difference in exchange rate. We paid with a Canadian card and the amount was in USD. However, no mention in the policies about not accounting for differences in exchange rates or else we could have acted differently (paid with a USD card). Customer service couldn't do anything, offered credit but we will not be using site again. They offered to talk to someone to put policy on site but didn't help our current situation. Very disappointed.

Andria King Jacksonville, FL

Everyone i came across has very nice customer service and was respectful.

Queen Nene Omaha, NE

Worst experience ever!!!!!! I rented a vehicle from them for one day. They charge me $400 with hidden fee once I returned the vehicle. Scammers alert they are the true definition of scammers and rip-off don’t ever use them

Derrian Tallahassee, FL

I am so happy that someone came up with this car rental idea. My first experience with Turo was to my trip to Las Vegas! It was my 21st birthday and I wanted to ride out in style. I was able to rent a 2018 range rover for 38$ a day! It has cars all the way from kia optimas to mercedes G wagon! I like this company so much because you literally get to choose the exact car that you want to rent, and the people who cars you are renting will meet you wherever you're at to ensure the best experience!

James Shelby, NC

BEWARE!!!!Turo charged me double what the total was supposed to be. They also charged me $100 extra for picking the vehicle up 12 min early and they always find a rwason to keep your deposit. You WON'T ever get tour deposit back and there is nobody you can talk to. Support will only email you but wint work out anything. STAY AWAY...

Mike G Richmond Hill, ON

Dont waste your money and time. SCAM SCAM Company!!!! Charge double my VISA for the same booking. On the phone with Turo over 1 hr, no one can tell me why I get charge double. You can found cheaper prices for the same type of cars on another rental company's with no any surprises with additional charges and fees like on TURO.

Chris Kennedy Roslindale, MA

Extreme issues with the Turo host’s canceling at the last minute! You think you have a car booked and then NO CAR when you go to pick it up. I complained, customer service was horrible and disrespectful to me. After hours on hold and weeks worth of being on hold they decided I was out of line and canceled my membership 😳! WHAT?!?!?

Alan Dickman Denver, CO

I rented a car through Turo. The owner/host was great but Turo - not great. In stop-and-go traffic, we were rear-ended by another driver. Rather than resolve the claim with the responsible driver, they are charging me for the repair.

Christina Lund El Cajon, CA

Never again!!! My host cancelled my reservation a week before my trip. Now all reasonably priced cars are gone everywhere AND I have to wait 7-10 days to get my original refund from Turo. I’m out a vacation and hundreds of dollars on flights. Absolutely not worth it.

Michelle Williams Hammond, IN

I had a horrible experience (last week) ! My host car broke down on me as well as would cut off while I was driving (I paid TURO $432) TURO consistently sent me emails apologizing but that was it! I will NEVER use this service again!

Francois Rousseau Montreal, QC

Support is useless if you don’t have proof. They don’t trust your word. You need to choose the option you have roadside urgency if you want to talk to someone, else, you’ll just go from app to website to phone to sms to chat to phone etc