Turo Logo

6.7

Lhundup Thonden Toronto, ON

I give Turo no stars after I spend… I give Turo no stars after I spend hours texting them for the account issues. First they have information about my last year trip and now when I want to rent the vehicle I need to go through series of verification process over the internet. After providing my drivers license and photo they want my credit card info. I asked for the manager and agent refused and said she can send me an email so I can send my cc info but after end of the text, there was nothing from her. This company has no credibility. I give no stars and I am out!

Stetson Hohman Heber, UT

I booked my first trip with Turo last week and this week they emailed me saying that they took the liberty of canceling my trip without my consent and that I could use the money I had paid them to cover some of the cost of another car and then pay them more for a similar car. I would NOT recommend Turo. I have been on their call waiting for the last 45 minutes and am considering just hanging up. They are not trustworthy and have horrible customer service. I definitely will be reporting them to the BBB.

Chuck Pennington Indianapolis, IN

I have rented cars through Turo for more than 3 years. Over the last week my account was restricted due to no fault of my own and I emailed, chatted, and even found a hidden phone number to call in an attempt to get my issue resolved. For more than a week I was shuffled from one department to the next without any help or resolution. Each person promised that the issue would be resolved and to my dismay there never came any help. I asked for a call from someone in management, and again was promised one in "no more than 2 hours," which also never happened. As a business owner, if my employees treated my clients like this I would be out of business. This is sad that a company that could be so great has absolutely ZERO customer support when it is needed. Everything with the app is great until you need help and then you are left on your own.

Lance Davis Las Vegas, NV

My name is Lance Davis my wife and I we live in Las Vegas, NV. We chose to be a host, we listed our E550 Mercedes. On the second trip booking we received a message from the Customer the day before their last rental date saying the passenger seat wouldn't go all the way back. After the customer returned care, we took the car to the dealership they scheduled us an appointment for the car deep into the following week. We went to another repair shop who told us the seat track was bent and the repair would be $683.00 dollars. Once we got the estimate we followed Turo"s claim submittal process and gave documentation and images of the damaged seat. 24 hours later we received a call from Turo Claims associate who notified us they were denning our claim due to we did not provide enough proof that the customer damaged the power seat track. My response to the Turo associate was simple, when the customer took my car they did not complain nor make any mention of the passenger seat being a problem. Matter of fact Sir, the first thing anyone does when they get into car is adjust their seat. As I stated the customer made no mention of any problem when they drove off in my car until they bought it back. Now that you all know what happened let me give you the numbers: Money earned on Turo Trip $297 3 day discount -$29.50 Turo fees $106.92 Total from Turo Davis earned $160.38 Repair Guy Inspection $150.00 Repair to Power Seat $683.97 Total Out of Pocket to Us - $823.97 So here is an unseen problem that we came across that Turo has no solution, because it does not exist in their online matrix when making a claim. The Mercedes Dealership and some repair shop now want to charge an inspection fee which goes towards the repair bill. Fletcher Jones Mercedes charges $365.00 and as I mentioned the repair guy I went to for my seat wanted $150.00 just to tell us what was damaged on our car. Turo does not take in account for these out-pocket fees we the host will be charged when damage occurs to our vehicles. Right now we are feeling very unappreciated and taken advantage of because when it counted the Turo did not do enough to protect us from the harm we received by their customer. Like I said everyone immediately adjust their seat when they get into car, the customer made no mention of any problem when they drove off with my car. Bottom-line customer's do not take great care of other folks cars, like they would do their own!

Markham Caldwell Morgan, UT

I have rented my vehicle out 8 times. They do not back there vehicle owner. I have tried several times to get reimbursements from customers having animals in the car, binging the car back without fueling it up, effective dirt in the car, and vehicle scratches. They make it very difficult to get reimbursed. Even though they it is clear in the policy. First of all, you really have to dig to find the damage reimbursement form. You never win. They only care about the renter. I have clear fees for airport delivery and they did not charge the last customer for it. I also specified no discounts PERIOD. And they rented my car with a discount. They must have been changed with the last software posted. This platform is not to be trusted. I would give them “0” if I could. They do not deserve a “1” rating. Run from this platform!!! Do not trust Turo unless you are renting. DO NOT list you vehicle for rent with them.

Brad Gallagher Edmond, OK

Had a terrible experience with TURO.com. Wife and I booked a JEEP months in advance for a trip to the Grand Canyon. Found out only the day before the trip that the reservation had been cancelled due to some technicality with her license (she had booked on her account but used my name and license since I was to be the driver). ZERO warning or communication from TURO, which really left us in a bind heading out of town. Customer service was not helpful, only offering to correct the license situation but not find an alternate vehicle. At that point there were only some very high-priced sports cars available that were waaay out of our budget. However, we were offered a $55 voucher for the high-priced sports car option...lol. This entire thing was a bait-n-switch scam that should be avoided. We managed to salvage our vacation with at traditional car rental company. Would advise to have something reserved on back-up with a traditional rental company in case TURO tries something like this with you. We were forced to rent something very expensive at the last minute and there is no acknowledgment or recourse with this company.

Brookie Gold Ypsilanti, MI

Turo never sent a tow truck when I got a flat tire because of a small nail during my trip even though a turo employee said they would send one. Customer service is non existent. They charge you unnecessarily even after the situation is explained. Terrible communication. Turo caused my host and I an immense amount of stress and inconvenience during my trip and still when I got back home. I would advise to never use this service. The car was a great ride though for the time being. And if Turo would've been caring towards their customers and understanding in a way to help support their customers, maybe this review would be different. Half the time I was on the phone with Turo, they hung up.

leah white Emory, TX

I’m on a business trip and my flight is delayed. My host has zero flexibility because she runs this as a business with sketchy drivers. I have to turn in the car 4 hours before my delayed flight. The car was available for extension the night before but it was not denied until the morning of the flight. Now the car is reserved. Just know that you don’t have good flexibility with Turo and you’d better get your incoming and outgoing flights right in advance and pray you have no delays. The host sent her two male drivers to receive the dropped off car(she was not present) and as a female traveling alone this was not safe. I contracted through a Turo host and not two random males. They left me in the cell phone parking lot 5 hours before my flight and I had to Uber to the airport. The host unprofessionally told me I “panicked” her with my situation and to me to meet her in a post office or cell lot near airport 6 min before 9am arrival. I’m not from Tampa and I had to quickly tell her the cell lot (not having a clue where it was). She told me if not there at 9am I would just incur Turo late fees. I was there at 9am thankfully. She blamed the Turo app from start to finish about its problems and rigidity in flexibility to change times. Her messages were in broken English. It was a terrible, unsafe experience with this host. I will for sure give the app another try because I’ve heard good things about Turo. I think that her running this as a business with many drivers is not the way Turo intended app use. I will be extremely careful in which host I use in the future. She had good reviews, too, which makes it difficult for me to trust. Please note, I’m not a complainer! I’m a super host with Airbnb. I have 5 star reviews with Uber, Lyft, Airbnb as a guest. I have reasonable expectations for good service . I give 5 stars all the time for good, hardworking people. This is my first 1 star and bad review. People just need to be careful.

NEB Designs Brooklyn, NY

I was very disappointed and dissatisfied with Megan’s assistance. As a customer of Turo, I requested a copy of the ticket that I was reimbursing the host. She refused to request that of the host and did the bare minimum or nothing at all in retrieving it. The only thing that is uploaded is a copy of a receipt which isn’t the ticket. This is insufficient evidence for a ticket. Anyone can upload a copy of a receipt or photoshop a receipt but no can falsify an actual parking ticket. I highly recommend reviewing your required documents for reimbursement. It is very sketchy. I also did not authorize the payment because my Amex card was removed back in October 2020 from my account prior to being charged in February 2021 for reimbursement of a parking ticket -_-. In addition, they allowed the host to upload a ticket that was issued a month prior to us renting it and expected me to pay for it! This is unacceptable, unprofessional and unreliable. I will never use Turo again.

Roman Casey Denver, CO

The host charged a $150.00 cleaning charge for a pet. I don’t own a pet. Turo customer service is a joke. Would never recommend Turo to anyone.

Chevalisa Bruzzone Santa Cruz, CA

I worked with Mike and Melissa in the Boulder, CO area and I found them to be friendly, caring and professional. And the car was almost-new tidy, smell free and one tank took me seven hours at 70 MPG to deplete! Would absolutely recommend these folks.

Dmitry B Arlington, VA

I like Turo. All was smoothly and convenient. But the only thing was dissapointed to me, After my first car booking "Turo support" starting ask me to send them ID photo and credt card photo. For understanding, I already did it right after registration before my first booking. So I almost sure that was SCAM. Be careful! They writes from toro.com domain and it seems very fishily and suspicious.

Sara Ramirez Montes ,

It was perfect!. Nathan was great!. He answered all my questions right away and made it super easy for me!. I will for sure rent from him again next month when in Minnesota. Make sure to check all the car options he has!. He has all sorts of options!

Kelly West Bloomfield, MI

It was my First time using Turo and I was more than pleased with the ease of the process, The friendliness of Ryan, and the cleanliness of the vehicle. It was honestly, a better Experience than other car rentals used in the past. Thank you Ryan!!

Mallory_B Bedford, TX

Easy check in and out, and a nice clean vehicle. My only complaint is that when booking the vehicle months in advance it was supposed to be for pick up/drop off at the airport...I messaged the owner days before to let him know the flight changed by 30 min and he informed me that I made reservations before they changed it to an extra $120 for airport drop off? I think I should have been told about this, the Uber ride there and back was $60...I would have chosen a different vehicle. Oh well, something to look out for next time.

Dashawniese Rainey Miami, FL

This was my first time using Turo when I had questions the owner of the vehicle respond very quickly. There was some misunderstanding on my end and the issue was resolved quickly. I would definitely rent from Turo again now that I understand the process.

jari56ify ,

When you do have a problem with Turo it is monumental because you can't really talk with anyone. Like so many companies nowadays, they cut costs by trying to make too many things automated. When Turo works like it is supposed to, it is great! If there were an easier way to speak with someone, it would easily get 5 stars. Due to a lowsy chat feature being your only outlet for contact, it doesn't get that just yet.

Derek Jones Washington, DC

This is a great way to rent vehicles. My car had to he put in the shop for emergency repairs and I would not have been able to get around without a car. Turo provided a way to get myself and my family around while the car was repaired

yuli San Francisco, CA

it was good, but very precarious - the hosts are not fully committed to the time frame: one host cancelled on us an hour before, claiming they actually need the car; the second host said it might not be ready on time, though eventually it was. this almost disrupted our entire plans and it seems like there is no penalty for a host to do that, whereas I would have had to pay more had I brought the car back later than agreed. Also, booking fees are very high.

Dan Doyle Los Angeles, CA

My experience with Cheryl has been nothing but positive. Without Toro we would not have been able to vacation as we did. What a wonderful alternative to the status quo of rental car agencies. I'd much rather give my hard earned money to individuals rather than faceless corporations! Thank you Turo!

Laynehorvath Los Angeles, CA

Would use again, but slightly dissapointed. I paid for 3 days for a car rental and mistakingly only put in a 51 hour time slot which is just barely over a 2 day rental to where i paid for the full 3 days/72 hours. To start off i rented the car 2 weeks previous from the trip. So the next day when i realised my mistake, i go onto the turo app and try to change/modify the trip. When i try clicking on any of the links to modify trip it pops up loading like its trying to load and then an "oops, something went wrong" notice popped up. I had a buddy acrost country try on multiple units and it relayed the same message. So at that point i email turo about the situation, which they were very polite but they said they would not be able to edit the trip on their end and i would have to do it through the app or call the number that they had. I was very busy so i waited a few days and called the number for turo and it constantly rang with no pick up or voicemail! So at that point i was kind of dissapointed and figured i would just talk to the owner day of pick up and see if there was anything he would be able to do. Vern the owner was extremely nice but inevidably was not able to modify the trip on his end as its all done through the app! The app that was not working correctly for multiple parties to edit the trip. In the end i do realise it was my mistake to start but i feel like i put sufficiant effort into editing my trip without much feedback/help on the turo side! In the end for a 200$ a day car rental i would say 100% i didnt get the full use of the car for that day and only used 270 of the 450 miles total because of it... just seeing if maybe there is something you could do on your guys end to credit the partial/full day.... once again it was an extremely fun car to drive and everyone was nice to talk to but the small glitches on turos end made it so my full 3 day rental was not fulfilled

André Mayo Lebanon, TN

Way easier than renting from a traditional car rental place—and way better selection/rates. Definitely using Turo more moving forward. My host was great and the trip was nothing short of amazing (rented a Tesla for the first time)!

Brandy B Kosciusko, MS

First experience was great! Sarolta was an amazing host. She was so accommodating. We had to book with her at the last minute because our other Turo reservation was canceled. She was so sweet and the van was everything we needed.

Brian Smith Lakeland, FL

Turo trip was great. The convenience is so nice. The Van we rented was perfect Gabriel ( Van Owner). Was very nice and Answered all my questions We will definitely use Turo again and Suggest to friends Thank You Bryan Smith

Brittney Copeland Ocala, FL

The vehicles and owner on turo are great love the service and stress free booking. However lately turo has recently went up on their fees making the fees almost the same amount of the car which is unfair to the owners and us as renters. This fee is daily which almost makes you not wanting to rent and this was just a recent thing. If they get that figured out then it will then be a excellent service all over again

Sharita Wright Aubrey, TX

With skepticism I rented a car! After my experience, I’ll only rent from Turo from here on out! Very satisfied with the process and how seamless the entire rental experience was! The car was great and I’ll probably re-rent that same vehicle!

Tyrone Van Buren Houston, TX

Host are always amazing and accommodating except for one bad experience, but other than that I have no complaints, I just wish there were more options and maybe less fees on top of the rental rates, this makes some rentals unaffordable

Michael Carroll Las Vegas, NV

Turo was great.. it took me a long time to use it.. but now that I have I would never rent a car any other way.. I’m a officially done with rent a car companies... I would only use Turo when renting a car.. A simple, easy, hassle free way to rent a car...

Amy Harris Orlando, FL

My host was in constant contact with me. The car was delivered clean & had a full tank of gas. The reservation process was smooth & easy. Turo is easier to use than a typical rental car agency. I will continue to use Turo over other rental agencies. Great job, app & program Turo!!

Leo Chin South San Francisco, CA

Renting JC FIrecraker Red Mustang was an enjoyable Smooth experience. JC our host was excellent he delivered a flawlessly detailed vehicle upon pickup, courteous and easy to work with demonstrated all key features of his Firecracker Red Mustang Convertible all contributing to an awesome experience. 5 Stars

Douglas Jasken Saint Cloud, MN

I have used the app 3 times. One time I did have to cancel a trip because a family member got sick and it was easy to cancel and we got all of our money back. The other 2 times both renters were very accommodating and everything ran smooth as can be. I can't wait for my next trip.

Anna Ramirez Burbank, CA

Very convenient, I loved that I could use my bank card. Pick up and drop off at any time was super convenient. Did not like that first car was cancelled almost immediately, I had to scramble to find a new one. Other than that, very satisfied.

Paolo Frezza Brooklyn, NY

I have to say this has been the best rental experience I have had so far. Great communication with the host, I landed a bit earlier and the host was already there. I mean literally so far I cant say anything bad even if I wanted too. Literally no issues at all...

Daniel Bundy Chelsea, KEC

Very useful company! Many occasions car hire companies can much more expensive or you get very bad car with money you can afford. This company allow you to hire better car with great price range also with no headache. Highly recommend it.

Chaz Kelly Miami, FL

So I love the whole concept with Turo. It was quick easy and very efficient. The major problem I had with them was my host. My host I think tried to scam me by letting me rent a defective car. The car was falling apart already (typical wear and tear) and he tried to blame me for it. First off I thought I was renting from a female, not that it mattered but it was very misleading to see a guy pull up that wasn’t in the picture with the car. Second, he started to try and solicit another business to me with renting/ buying furniture through him. I just wanted to rent a car not get pulled into another scam or business venture. Third, the car was falling apart and he said I did it when I didn’t even notice it. He started taking pics of the car then started taking the car apart and couldn’t put it back together. Even in his before pics you could see there were things wrong with the car. I didn’t notice it until he made me look at the before pics to try and convince me that I did it but I caught him. I have pictures and everything. We ended up arguing for about 30 minutes about it all. One tire was going flat, the gas cap was loose and kept setting the sensor off on the dashboard, the front bumper was popping out, detailing on the front bumper were messed up, and the car needed to be serviced altogether says the dashboard. Lastly, The guy also made me give him a good report at first before he said anything was wrong with the car which also made me very suspicious. I didn’t like the experience of it all by the end of it because I felt played... especially since I spent over $800 renting the car.

Elliot Hardin Madison, OH

Had such a great experience with Turo! It was so easy to book the car and communicate with the owner through the whole trip. Would highly recommend to anyone traveling who wants to pay a reasonable price to rent a car of their choice!

Eric G Troy, MI

Loved being able to get a "non-traditional" rental car (e.g. Chevy Bolt). Car was also personally cared for so it was very clean and nice. As far as drawbacks, it isn't necessarily as flexible as a traditional rental car with multiple drop-off points and possibilities to change rental length.

Ryan Hewitt Lynnwood, WA

This was my first experience using Turo and it was awesome. I would highly recommend for someone looking for a short term rental. Very seamless and easy to use and the communication with the vendor was prompt and clear. Great option for car rental.

Denise strachon Pittsburgh, PA

This was the best experience I had renting a car ever !! From start to finish everything was well informed and the person was ready and waiting for me . I’ll recommend this to everyone it definitely worked well for me !! Will use it again !

Justin R Smithers, BC

I was only familiar with dealing directly with car rental companies, and never thought to research other options, until I came across Turo. My first experience with Turo was flawless. The prices were more competitive and the process for picking up and dropping off my rental vehicle was simple, and infact, more convenient. Regards, Justin

Karen Wilkinson Brandon, FL

I had a great experience with Turo! The owner Maria was easy to work with and I absolutely loved the convenience of having the vehicle delivered, as well as picked up from my home. If you want to trial a vehicle that pre-purchase or just treat yourself for the weekend, you can’t go wrong using Turo.

Ann Aut Jersey City, NJ

So thankful for Turo! Been having car troubles and needed to get to an interview and was able to rent a car for 24 hours. The app is very user friendly and I felt good knowing the cost unlike renting from an agency where it costs you for every little thing.

Tiffany Collingswood, NJ

Ernest was very helpful and made things super easy! Communication was perfect and my ride was perfect. Driving with a convertible was incredible with the top down. Had a great trip and this car was the cherry on top. Thank you so much!

Practice with DeLight Aurora, CO

This was my first experience with Turo and I loved it! It was way more afforable and convenient than renting a car. My host texted me and made sure I was comfortable the whole. I would love to use Turo again. #betterthanenterprise

Mia Rickman Denver, CO

This was my first time using Turo and it was a life saver. Way less painful than renting from major rental services and requires no deposit and no hidden fees. My host was professional and provided me with a reliable clean car. It was super easy to check in and check out. Definitely recommend and will be using again! Thank you!!!

Tim Pasadena, MD

Very efficient platform that I would recommend to anyone and everyone from now on. This was my first time using it and it turned out to be an amazing experience. More specifically, my host met me at the airport when I arrived as well as when I departed --- can't ask for more than that.

Damon Kirchmeier Salt Lake City, UT

Turo is fantastic! This is so much more convenient than a rental company it would be a no-brainer at the same price but it usually costs less too. I have been able to rent some really fun cars that are just not available or prohibitively expensive from rental companies.

ckimpel2 Amherst, OH

We had a great Turo experience! We were nervous to try it, but after the airport ran out of rental cars, we had no choice. Thankfully, our host lent us a great car at a good price. We would definitely check Turo again for our next car rental.

Walter Asheville, NC

As a host with more than 80 rentals I was a big fan of Turo. Lately however I lost my "All Star" status due to necessary cancellations which were caused by major repairs (engine replacement). Not only was my profile downgraded, but I had to pay penalties for cancelling reservations. So I paid over $4000 for repairs, lost $500+ in rental fees, lost All Star rating and paid penalties for cancelling reservations which were explained to all renters as soon in advance as I could under the circumstances. I have been emailing Turo Support for months to get my good rating restored to no avail.

Thomas Stark Willis, TX

I was both worried and skeptical as it was my first Turo experience. But everything went well, and I got a great deal on an all-wheel drive Outback for snowy Oregon. Could not rent anything similar through big airport rental agencies