Turo, formerly Relay Rides, is a peer-to-peer car sharing company that started in San Francisco, CA in 2009. Similar to the Airbnb model, local car owners advertise and rent out their vehicles to drivers who would prefer to avoid the standard rental car experience.

The company launched nationally in March of 2012 and is currently available in over 4,500 cities and over 300 airports throughout the United States. Turo is supported by top-tier investors, including August Capital, Google Ventures, Shasta Ventures, Canaan Partners, and Trinity Ventures.

Keep reading for pros and cons, plus Turo reviews from real customers.

#2 Enterprise CarShare chevron_right
#3 Uber chevron_right

The Good

• Variety of Vehicles Available
  • Simple Sharing Process
  • Rental Prices and Fees
  • Insurance Coverage

Variety of Vehicles Available

To cater to individual preferences, the company offers over 800 different car models to choose from. Renters can choose from cars, SUVs, minivans, trucks, convertibles, hybrids and vans. One can also filter by rental period for long-term rentals, the vehicle make, features like all-wheel drives, and more.

Simple Sharing Process

Turo has an easy, user-friendly, and customizable rental sign up. In order to sign up for car sharing, create a Turo account by simply signing into your Facebook or email account.

The first time you sign up for a car, all you have to do is enter some general information, choose a car, rental date, and time. You can either decline additional insurance or purchase the Basic or Premium option, each with varying physical damage and liability protection.

In order to get the car and the keys, all the renter needs to do is meet the owner and show them their driver's license. Some owners will even deliver the car right to the renter. Returning the car is simple, as the renter just needs to return the car with a tank full of gas to where it was initially picked up.

Rental Prices and Fees

Turo rents vehicles priced approximately 35% lower than other car rental options. The price ranges depending on what car one gets. There is no membership fee and cars generally go for a flat rate of $40 a day.

In addition to rental fees, buyers may be charged fees for additional miles, parking tickets and cleaning fees. To get the car's trip price, one must multiply the relevant trip rate advertised on the vehicle by the duration. There are also the following fees:

• Trip Fee - 10% of trip price
  • Protection Fee - varies by if one chooses a premium (40% of car's rate), basic (15% of car's rate), or the decline option
  • Young Driver Fee-20% fee of the trip price for people under age 25
  • Delivery Fee-varies based on owner's settings
  • Airport Fee-10% fee of trip price if the rented vehicle is involved in the Turo Airport Lot program

It should also be noted that payment information, including debit card and credit card payments, are made through the Turo app or website, not the rental host.

Insurance Coverage

Owner Protection

With Turo, there are private and commercial hosts. When it comes to Turo’s insurance, owners can either use Turo’s policies or decline coverage to be eligible for a commercial, third-party insurance policy.

Declining coverage: Owners can decline Turo’s insurance coverage. This makes them considered a Commercial Host. As such, they must have their policy verified by Turo prior to renting out any of their vehicles.

Turo’s insurance offers three different tiers of protection for owners to choose from. All three plans come with $1 million in liability coverage and physical damage protection that covers the value of the car, up to $125,000. From there, the plans differ in host deductible, cost, and other amenities.

Premium Package:

• Host deductible for damage to the car: $0
  • Replacement vehicle provided during repairs: Up to $30/day for 10 days
  • Exterior wear and tear coverage
  • Loss of rental income coverage
  • Cost to owner: 35% of trip price

Standard Package:

• Host deductible for damage to the car: $0
  • Replacement vehicle provided during repairs: Up to $30/day for 10 days
  • Cost to owner: 25% of trip price

Basic Package:

• Host deductible for damage to car: Up to $3,000—Turo pays 20% for the first $3,750, then above that they pay up to the $125,000 limit
  • Cost to owner: 15% of trip price

Guest Protection

Just as you would when you rent a car with other rental car companies, before you complete your booking, you have to choose which protection plan you want for your trip.

If you choose a commercial host, then the host will provide you with options. None of the guest plans cover mechanical or interior damage.

If you already have personal insurance, Turo’s coverage will supplement your existing coverage. Policies differ in the amount of liability insurance, deductible payment required, and damage protection.

Supreme Package:

Decline coverage:

• Liability coverage: Minimum for the state where the car is registered
  • Deductible: The full cost of damage
  • No physical damage protection

Roadside assistance is available 24/7 for guests driving a vehicle covered by a Turo protection plan; however, depending on your plan, you may be charged.

Turo will pay for the dispatch fee and there is no charge for tows shorter than 15 miles in the US.

Beyond that, the party that caused the need for a tow will have to pay. Basically, if the car you are renting has a mechanical problem or an issue due to improper maintenance, the owner will have to pay, while locking the keys out or killing the battery by leaving the lights on will leave you, the renter, at fault.

The Bad

• Car Retrieval
  • Restrictions Are Variable
  • Availability Limitations
  • Caring for the Car

Car Retrieval

Since Turo does not operate with clients out of a specific agency, it utilizes car owners that do not use their cars on an everyday basis. Renters must meet the car owner personally in order to pick up the car. Renters may have to go out of their way to retrieve the car if there is not a Turo already at the airport.

Additionally, each renter must show the car owner his or her driver's license, which does have personal information that people may not feel comfortable sharing with a random person.

Restrictions Are Variable

Since Turo does not own the cars, rules and regulations are inconsistent. Some owners allow renters to drive 200 miles a day, while others allow only 100.

Each owner has his or her own set of restrictions, so Turo does not have an overall list of rules for the available cars.

Availability Limitations

Turo does not offer cars in New York. People under 21 years of age cannot rent a car, and people under age 25 have to pay additional fees.

In fact, people under 25 may need to demonstrate at least two years of current US licensed driving history, and potentially can only rent out certain cars because they are considered "high-risk."

Caring for the Car

One thing that is different about the Turo experience is that guests are expected to care for the car as if it were their own. So, if the exterior of the car is significantly dirtier or if it has junk food crumbles inside from a road trip, you have to take it through a car wash and vacuum it out before returning it. If not, you may be charged a cleaning fee between $30 and $250. This is a big differentiator between standard car rental companies and renting a car with Turo.

The Bottom Line

Travelers who want a cheap or out of the ordinary rental vehicle will be satisfied with Turo's offerings. Users can choose the car model, location, and owner.

Finding a unique rental vehicle, on the low or high-end is made easier through Turo's growing community, where owners can use this portal to the sharing economy to make some extra money.

However, keep in mind that service is not available in New York or to potential customers under age 21, and people under age 25 must pay extra fees while renting.

View Best Car Sharing Companies

4.1

Michael Carrela

November 13th, 2019 Aberdeen, SD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Seamless experience for this first timer in Phoenix with Chris. Great value on 2018 Jaguar.

Keisha Adams

November 13th, 2019 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Turo has been unresponsive to my complaint and that is unacceptable if a company is trying to increase its business exposure.

SJ

November 12th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A tiny crack in the windshield cost me $250. My complaints are: 1) Turo makes the person renting the car guilty unless they can prove innocence. The photos I took at drop off of the car don’t show one way or another whether there is a crack, and likewise I can’t tell you whether or not it was there when we picked up the car. But Turo’s logic is that since the pictures I took don’t definitively show the absence of the crack I’m responsible for it despite the fact that the car sat in a public open air parking lot where I was asked to drop it off. Presumably any damage that happened while it sat there if i could not 100% prove with my photos I didn’t do it I would be liable. I took a bunch of pictures of the car when I dropped it off but glare and other markings (like bug splatter) make it extremely difficult to “prove” anything (outside of extreme damage) to Turo’s satisfaction. 2. In the case of this windshield crack I took it on good faith that it did happen while I was driving even though neither I or my passenger heard or saw it occur. I figured it would be under $100 to fix as that is my experience with fixing very small windshield cracks. The car owner too said hopefully it will be cheap because it’s so small. Cheap is relative but I got a bill from the owner through Turo that said the parts to fix the crack were $8 but the labor and a $20 mobile fee (I assume to come to his house) brought the total to $168 and change. Also Turo charges both an appraisal fee (which I wasn’t charged in this case bc there was no appraisal) and up to $150 for a "processing fee" for any claim filed against you. I was charged $75. Thats what brings my total to $250. Keep in mind that even if insurance covers some portion - they won’t cover the Turo fees. Turo’s customer service is also abysmal - they encourage you to communicate with them through email and the rep assigned to me doesn’t respond for days at a time. If you want to talk on the phone with someone like I did you’ll have to schedule it days out and even then they give you only a 15 minute slot for the conversation. Ridiculous. The rep also repeats the party line for the company and is not there to help at all. 3. Lastly, when I told the car owner I was angry with the situation his message back included passive aggressive comments aimed at me as a person rather than the situation. I will never use the app again.

Toya Haskins

November 12th, 2019 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Simple, convenient and personal way of renting a car.

Jessica T Jordan

November 12th, 2019 Augusta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really loved this app and I cannot wait to use it again. This Turo would have saved me a lot and helped me more....a long time ago if I would have known about it.

Todd M Hertner

November 12th, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Loved the Tesla, loved our vacation, loved the looks we got when kids popped out the back seat. Did not like the reception we were met with at Turo pickup in an obscure location. A better topical map defining area, taxi pickup, etc would have helped with our maiden voyage. Did not get any direction with first time Tesla driving nor did they want to show me. I had to figure out how to put car in drive. The rest is history.

Haley

November 12th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Turo made getting a car on our trip so much easier! The check-in / check-out process was so simple & fast, would definitely use again.

Jonathan

November 12th, 2019 Troy, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The pickup and drop off went smooth. Owner was friendly. Very satisfied with the experience.

Brian Devany

November 8th, 2019 Austin, TX

I signed up and submitted all documents, but was declined because my insurance score was too low?? I haven't had a speeding ticket in 8 years and have never had an accident with over 35 years of driving experience. I reached out to customer service and they could give me no details (a pattern of "secrets"). They asked me to provide a host of new documentation including holding my driver's license up to my face and take a selfie. My complete driving record for the past 7 years (sure, everyone carries that in their hip pocket), the front and back of my driver's license and they had to be able to see the corners of both pictures, same thing with my credit card, and a scanned in copy of my insurance ID (despite Turo supposedly insuring themselves). I seriously felt like I was on candid camera. They then told me to expect a response within an hour and the rep said she'd do everything she could to expedite. I explained that I had an urgent business trip the following morning, so if they aren't going to be done within the hour to let me know so I could rent a car through an agency. She said it would be 1 hour but could take up to 24 although that was not likely. I didn't hear anything in the first 4 hours so I wrote back to follow up. Again, they'd put a rush on it and they had people working 24/7 so at the very least it should be done by the time I wake up. Nothing in the morning so I reached out again. I was told they were still "working on it" but they would expedite and they told me they'd send me an email right away to stay in touch that way. 2 hours later, no email, no update. I reach out again. This time I was told right away that they'd transition the communication to email. I asked for a phone number so I could speak to a human being. They don't provide a phone number. No email again, so I reached out again. I started out by telling them I'm beyond frustrated and wanted to chat with a supervisor. After waiting 5 minutes, the rep said, "I'm sorry, my supervisor is getting many requests, he can't chat with you right now." I said I'd wait. Then, he said, "He's not going to chat with you, but he'd email." fine. 2 hours later, no email. I reach out again and asked for the supervisors name. They don't give out "personal information". Personal information? I don't want his cell number, I want his name. Nope. Once again, they'd email. An hour later after no email, I reach out again. The rep said, "I can see this is taking a long time". I asked why. She said, because they have to review my documents. Seriously???? It would take a 5 year old 5 minutes to review the documents. Let's get the show on the road. Can someone please start a competitor to these yahoos? Seriously, all you'd have to do is treat your customers like human beings and you'd absolutely own this market! Really pathetic customer service.

Adam N. Rosenberg

November 8th, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Flying by airline into Vancouver or Venice I suspect there are easier ways to rent a car, but in places like Bryce Canyon Turo is a godsend. It connects somebody like Cary D. with cars to rent with pilots like me who want to rent them. After a few years of me renting his cars, Cary and I have a nice relationship even though he leaves the car at the airport and we haven't met. The folks at the airport make it work well.

Karl Richter

November 8th, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service and ease of use are paramount to using an app or a service. TURO has always provided both of those things.

Pavel

November 7th, 2019 Boston, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Greatly dislike - no transparency on the pricing upfront Price shown is never the price you get, as there are things of top Any price filter is useless them, as I have to go and check each option to get real price, and not fake one Also the sign up process was not smooth - I as marked as approved, but once I actually clicked "rent" I was said "oh, wait, we decided to verify you _now_", even thought I was clearly shown as Approved already That's also kind of cheating.

C. Harris

November 7th, 2019 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely terrible. They don't qualify the quality of the vehicles or that the license plates match or aren't expired. Will never use again.

Shaquana Foreman

November 7th, 2019 Richmond, VA

Quality car, affordable, and an easy sight to navigate.

Rj

November 7th, 2019 Schenectady, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quick and easy to book. It has an extensive selection of vehicles on major cities.

Jerry Rittgarn

November 7th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Being able to choose a vehicle, the price you can afford and also choose the pick up location makes Turo a great rental option.

Jon Posey

November 7th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think Turo is great. Used it for a trip, had a great experience, the host was amazing. Word of caution, get their insurance, you will regret it if you don't

Margie colunga

November 6th, 2019 Kyle, TX

Great first time experience I really enjoyed this app and to the people who trust us with there vehicles so we can visit family or take a trip. Thank you to all

Darrell

November 6th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very easy to rent and return. Do not hesitate renting through Turo

Bullock

November 4th, 2019 Lompoc, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give zero I would. Stick with well known or National Co. Once Turo gets ahold of yr CC # you are screwed. The ONLY responsibility for host people is to drop off their car. You are on your own. They boldly advertise "Free Cancellation" within 24 hrs. Little do you know the hosts Only responsibility is to drop car off. They DO NOT notifyTuro of cancellation, but collect ALL $$$ including anytime that was cancelled. They tell you to contact Turos app. It is Horrible, no contact info, crashes or unable to access entirely. Even though owner has collected ALL yr $$$ they still will charge you for gas & whatever else they want. But then say it's all up to Company. Especially look out for those who rent their cars out at airports particularly Milwaukee, WI, Logan is his name. And Turos Customer Service if you can get it is via email. If you have poor reception you are out of luck. Won't recommend this Co to my worst enemy.

BAYLEN MORSE

November 4th, 2019 Lafayette, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Turo is scam. As a host, I purchased the highest tier insurance to cover my car (BMW M4). During the rental, apparently 5 lug bolts become untorqued and backed their selves out. The rim and tire come off of the vehicle while driving. Turo blamed me for not maintaining the vehicle. This is after the renter had the vehicle for 4 days and drove over 300 miles on rims and tires I had been using the past year. BMW stated lug bolts are not a maintable part.

Mauricio

November 4th, 2019 Sherwood, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This was my second time using Turo for vacation car rental. The process is fast, reliable, and you are in contact with real people that want to help make vacation enjoyable!

Allison

November 1st, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible! I paid for a car for one week turo canceled at the last minute and said I needed to do a verification. I had to send in pictures of myself and my aunt holding the credit card and DL since it was her card from 09:00 until now 11:16 pm I went back and forth with different people on a chat and kept giving me the run around my first and last time ever using them!

Edward Wilson

October 31st, 2019

Thank you for your service. I will use your service again. When my reservation was cancelled, your group help me get another reservation using the funds that were already dedicated to my original reservation. That was very helpful to not have those funds tied up for 2-3 bank days. Thank you.

Jason Sandalls

October 31st, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent! Can't ask for a better service!

Alyssa Tracey

October 30th, 2019 Chula Vista, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've literally been trying to get ahold of customer service for almost a week and no one's getting back to me. I had a completely unsafe rental

Andrew

October 30th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy and a Great alternative to going to a rental car location.

Gaige

October 29th, 2019 Eufaula, AL

It was very convenient for me. The app was easy and i had no troubles with turo at all. To be my first time using turo, i had an awesome experience.

Ryan King

October 29th, 2019 Pacific Palisades, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy and way more fun renting a Porsche than a standard car.

Coleman Kenimer

October 28th, 2019 Ball Ground, GA

The person I rented the car from was great. Very helpful, and knew what he was doing. The fact that there is a charge after 100 miles is ridiculous. I will not rent a car through Turo again, do to that I will not rent from Turo again. I had to drive the car from Atlanta to my house, which ate up most of my 100 miles.

Fares Banjar

October 28th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had some issues with the host and the turo support helped me but not enough. The host promised me a $60 back due to the late pick up and while using the car the windshield wiper took off on our road and we bought a new one for him. After that when i returned the car back the host charged us with extra miles usage and that acceptable. But the thing is he rejected to give me the $60 with the windshield wiper cost $13. So i reached out to the turo support and he said i did not promise him with $60! In the end we came up with a refund of $60 without the windshield wiper cost but i paid after all.

Tanya

October 28th, 2019 Los Altos, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to use website, answered all my questions Readily. Would definitely recommend it to a friend. Will be using it again in the future.

KELLY

October 28th, 2019 Tampa, FL

Easy process. Reliable car. Easy communication.

Beth Shanks

October 25th, 2019 Argyle, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Oh my gosh it was awesome to find someone you can rent a vehicle from without all the red tape and fees of a National Car Rental agency! Absolutely love the fact that you can pick the car you want to drive or truck and a lot of times it's the same price for car or truck I think it's a great invention who ever thought it up!

Nicholas

October 25th, 2019 Columbia, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst experience ever I don’t recommend turbo for anyone. Got charged over 700 dollars and miles charges and I already paid over 600 to rent car I should’ve just put a down payment on a vechile I do not recommend this finesse app.

Jared

October 25th, 2019 Wolfe City, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Pick up and return were hassle free. The car was exceptional and exactly what I expected! Definitely going to be a repeat customer!!

Adam Jensen

October 23rd, 2019 Farmington, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The platform is good until something goes wrong. As an owner of a small fleet I liked the idea of having the peace of mind of having a large company (Turo and Liberty Mutual) backing me up. Then I experienced my first claim with a total loss of a car and that peace of mind was gone. Turo passes things off to DMA and then you're on your own. After months of trying to settle the claim, no support from DMA, and Turo passing the buck back to DMA each time I ask for help, I still have no resolution in sight...

Kevin Bearden

October 23rd, 2019 Homosassa, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This was my first experience with Turo. It shall not be my last. From stepping into it the first time, to stepping out of it for the last time, I couldn't be more pleased. Karl was very accommodating and very professional. The vehicle was top notch all the way. I left Seattle with a smile on face, partly because of Turo. Thanks Karl!

Eugene S.

October 22nd, 2019 Farmington, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!! This must be the WORST customer service I’ve ever experienced. A lugnut snapped off while I was changing a flat tire on a rental. I was more than happy to pay for a replacement. I received a bill one month later for $2,000 with no notice or explanation from one of their agents. I immediately replied twice within 24 hours attempting to dispute this claim. I was instead ignored for OVER A MONTH, as no one from their company ever replied to me. INSTEAD, one month later they charged my account for the full price with no notice again. I was immediately frustrated and furious and tried to contact their customer support. I was told a manager would get in touch with me as soon as possible. INSTEAD, a whole week went by with no one contacting me, so again I had to be the one to reach out to them and ask why no one was responding. A supervisor finally replied back. I explained to him why I was frustrated, and once again I hear no reply from them to this day. They completely ignored me, took my money, and still continue to ignore me even after I’ve reached out to them several times in attempt to dispute. God forbid something happens to you while you are using their app and you have to go through customer service because it will be impossible for you to get in contact with anyone.

JAG

October 21st, 2019 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have hidden fees. All the host are not required to display the same information about their rentals. A $24/day rental, for 1 day, ended up costing me $241 because the owner was misleading on the details of the rental and milage. The car was a 2012 Hyundai Accent. It was dirty at pickup and the charger port for the car charger did not work but was not mentioned in the listing. Imagine going on a road trip and not being able to charge your phone while on the road. I disputed the claim however it was process for the additional $203 plus a $5+ processing fee and the owner submitted fraudulent pictures of the milage, they didn’t match the pictures I had. I could have just rented from a major brand and it still would have been cheaper than this. Check the reviews of the company before you rent.

Veronica C.

October 21st, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just learned of Turo recently when I was in a bind trying to find a rental car. So far have rented on two different occasions. It was so easy! I would highly recommend it to everyone!

Daniel

October 21st, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cancelled my rental a week before my vacation (something was wrong with the host apparently), forcing me to pay $200 more for a worse car. They made up part of the difference, which was nice, but then the new host charged me an extra $40 in random fees when the rental was over. I would rate this experience zero stars if I could.

Mary Hollihan

October 21st, 2019 Boynton Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rented now with Turo twice, and both times have had excellent experiences! It's a great, affordable and easy service to rent ANY kind of automobile that you may need!

Stella

October 21st, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Your website is easy to find the kind of car and to schedule. I am satisfied. The host is not complicated to transact business, I am satisfied. My only concern is the car I rented was messy, seats are dirty, trunk, dirty and smells cigarette inside. One tail light is busted, wheel alignment is scary, when I hit a pothole, it wiggles. kinda dangerous. The amount I paid for is affordable $23/day and rented for 5 days. Used only for Dr's appointments and errands. That is the only negative about my trip. Thanks.

Tim Johnston

October 21st, 2019 Tacoma, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service. No line! Great car. Great price! Awesome customer service. I’d do it again!

Larry

October 18th, 2019 Schenectady, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was on a chat for almost an hour and it took 3 agents and they didn't even take care of the problem! They blamed my credit card co for declining ,which they did at 1 st but after speaking w CC co and making sure it was approved Turo kept declining it . I resolved the issue by using another credit card . Customer service was OF NO HELP ! Was offered no compensation for my (as the agent described it) "huge inconvience". They assumed NO responsibility !

Obed Rodriguez

October 18th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got scammed by my host when I requested to have my trip cut short. He assured me that he would approve the trip modifications. When I realized that he hadn't, I trusted that Turo Support would be able to handle it. I ended up calling on 2 separate occasions and given the same sympathetic responses with them reassuring me that they would look into it. I called a third time for a refund request to no avail. I have begun an email chain with Turo Support demanding a refund and they simply stated that they spoke with the host and didn't find "sufficient evidence". I recently have emailed them again sending them a screenshot of my Lyft ride picking me up from the host's house and therefore proving that I met with the host and had dropped off the vehicle 2 days before my trip had ended. Overall, I have been scammed by a host and Turo Support is utterly and completely useless. Furthermore they make it very difficult to reach them by phone with all the diversions made by the answering machine to 'check the website' for more detail.

MesaFam

October 18th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have used Turo several times all with good experiences until our most recent last week. We rented a van for a quick weekend trip to San Diego, which I immediately communicated to the host Thomas A. In Tempe AZ. One tire separated 40 minutes into the trip. Host NEVER answered numerous texts, even though he has a 1 minute response time noted on his profile. Long story short we bought a brand new tire and he has yet to reply. Brakes/rotors were a concern driving in hills. I feel he knowingly put my families safety in jeopardy. Very shady host. I encourage renters review all profiles closely. With this host he had hundreds of trips but several negative reviews ifor several cars in recent weeks. Turo should actively research all safety concerns and suspend vehicle rentals until they are rectified.

John Smith

October 17th, 2019 Tarzana, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As a host, Turo will NOT support issues/damages done to your vehicle during a trip. They will most likely wear you out with back and forth to "customer service", which 3rd rated be considered a compliment to their service. On top of that, here and there you'll see deductions from your account w/o any explanation nor valid reason.

Teresa

October 17th, 2019 Lake Jackson, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Super easy to use the Turo app and the car was everything it was supposed to be! I will definitely be using Turo again in the future.