Turo Logo

6.7

Angela Pierce Quincy, MA

Overall it’s been a great platform for car sharing. The app is easy to use. 99% of my renters love the service. I have received food support when I’ve needed it and have been properly reimbursed as needed. I enjoy being paid and having extra income frequently on a weekly basis. My biggest concern is being pushed out by larger companies that are growing as car rental companies. My second biggest concern is liability if something happens of course.

Todd Nelson Loomis, CA

Really easy to rent with Turo. I needed a car to take 6 people to Oregon and quickly found one that was in excellent condition and available the dates I needed. No wondering what it would look like or what model the agency would give me. Turo was able to give me a full inside and out clear idea of what I would be driving for the Christmas holidays.

Doug West Chester, OH

I used Turo for the first time. I've decided to try living without a personal car for awhile and use Lyft/Uber and rent a car whenever I need one. I found the Turo app very easy to use. I was able to find a reasonable car and had a very good experience with the car owner. I will use Turo again in the near future. The pickup, delivery and billing were all handled very well within the app. I liked the insurance options as well, although I carry my own liability insurance so would like one more option with just collision.

Christian Henderson Dallas, TX

First experience was convenient & fun! Would definitely use Turo again. Best part for me was the convenience of literally getting off the plane & being handed a set of keys. No shuttles, no rental car lines, and the car I chose. Dropoff was just as easy. The car was as-described, the app worked great for check-in/check-out and pictures, & the owner was great to work with. Overall extremely satisfied.

Fernando Carrero Pflugerville, TX

Turo is super convenient when you need a car quickly and in the location that best suits you. My experience was great and it gives you a personal touch with the car since you are meeting the owner. They know all about the car and let you know at the moment of pickup. It’s safe, convenient and saves you time on booking and waiting in line like at all those rental car companies.

Aaron M Hazleton, PA

Recently rented a car through Toro's service and had a great experience overall. The sign-up process took some time to enter all information and send necessary documentation, but once that was done the rest was easy as could be. The app makes much of it go smoothly and allows you to keep in touch with the vehicle's owner for arranging pickup and dropoff as well as any other questions. A large part of my excellent experience was the amazing car and the renter being very accommodating.

Bob Morton, MN

First time using Turo and not sure what my experience would be. Happy to report all went well. Convenience of being picked up curb side at airport without dealing with rental car service desk a big plus. Transfer of vehicle from owner to me took about 10 minutes and i was on my way. All charges were handled with Turo prior to my arrival. Fee half the price of lowest National car rental quotes i could get. Will use Turo's services in the future!

Patrick Hargrove Dundee, MI

Turo was a great experience for me at less than half the cost of a comparable vehicle from one of the major rental agencies. It was made even better by the fact Turo had an office in the San Francisco area which managed the pictures before and after, paid for our rides to and from the airport, and handled most of the other little details. I will definitely use Turo again in the future and hope I'll get another owner, car, and experience as good as my first experience.

Driver T Chapel Hill, NC

First time using Turo. Why not 5 stars? Even though they give you a price "estimate" before you commit, there are a BUNCH of add on's (Insurance, car cleaning) that basically double the daily cost. It's like Airbnb and other services like this. Seems like a good deal - in the end, it might have been cheaper or the same cost and less of an imposition (I felt a need to be extra careful because you do meet/talk with the owner) to rent from a regular car rental service. It's a community thing. If you're looking for a rental to beat on, go elsewhere. If you can take care of someone else's property like you would a friend who cares about their car, then go for it. The cars are more interesting than regular rentals but there is a price to pay in that you should be treating these vehicles with more than average care.

Lina Anahola, HI

The car I rented was super awesome, the person I rented from was really great and accommodating and the service itself was so easy to use, my initial rental got canceled and turo gave me a $25 dollar credit as an apology which was great and very appreciative, they also allowed me to get a refund for my initial rental and let me use my credit to pay the other rental

Stacy Sarasota, FL

I heard about Turo on Facebook the day I travelled to Madison, Wisconsin to visit my daughter. I had not reserved a car and decided at the last minute I wanted one. Turo was fantastic! I paid about half of what I otherwise would have and since I only needed a car for 2 out of the 4 days I was there - pick up and drop off was much easier. The car owner was professional and the car was emaculate. I will use Turo again and possibly rent my own car through the app.

JDN La Crescenta, CA

The whole process was easy from start to finish. Setting up my Turo account was effortless. Searching for a car in my area was a breeze. The owner wasn’t picky or with stipulations on washing the car or pre-approving me. Mostly everything can be done in the app. Help is always available. My first experience with an electric vehicle was definitely positive. I would do it again for sure!

Andrew Eureka, CA

I really enjoyed the experience it was way easier than renting a car. Sign up was instant, I was already verified cuz I had an account in the past. Didn't have to talk to anyone, got my car remotely rented. Literally sign up with my phone at 1 a.m., and open the car at 7 a.m. remotely. The person who rented it was absolutely wonderful work with me well, it was one of the best. Picking up the car with a little hard cuz I never gone to a car park but they all seemed like they knew kind of what was going on.

Joe Fort Worth, TX

I was initially skeptical about using Turo but my recent first experience was highly impressive. I believe you have to look through each Turo profile thoroughly and choose the owner that will fit your rental to your needs. Each Turo lenders rules and guidelines may differ so you have to be sure you understand the terms of rental. However once you understand and agree to guidelines it is a smooth process.

Laurie Hoff Columbia, MO

I worked with Ride & Save through Turo and they were wonderful. They communicated and there were no problems whatsoever. Robert went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied with the service. I felt like the billing and the paying of tolls, was all very user-friendly. I will totally use Turo again in the future. It is the best car rental experience I have ever had

Jill St Louis, MO

I was very skeptical of using Turo initially but it worked beautifully and was cheaper and easier than traditional rental companies. My car was ready when I arrived at the airport and was parked conveniently in the lot, no shuttle necessary. It was clean and as pictured. After pick-up, I realized I needed an extra day. I contacted the owner and he approved it and Turo immediately re-calculated my new rate. Drop off was a breeze and the vehicle owner even helped me with my bags. I could not have been more pleased!

Karla Sumner, WA

Great, easy, convenient and inexpensive !!!!! Jim the person we rented the car was great, he answered all our questions at a timely manner. The Turo valet near LAX was amazing they refunded us for the lift we took from the airport to the valet. They were really fast and nice! Then when taking the car back they called us an Uber on them and once again super easy!!! I have little kids, so for me having it go smooth and fast, it’s amazing! I’m never going back to other car rental companies, Turo is my for sure go to on my trips from now on!!!

Manuel STEPHEN Monette Cicero, IL

This was my first experience with utilizing Turo. I first viewed the commercial at home for your services. Realizing I was preparing for a trip to AZ that I usually rent at the airport I decided to research your offerings. I am so pleased that I did as it acquainted me with Tyler B who I will utilize moving forward on my trips to visit family in Mesa, AZ. Tyler was articulate, professional and personable. I look forward to doing business with him in May of 2019 when I return for my Great Nephew's Graduation.

JonPaul Jones Sacramento, CA

I have been a member of Turo since before it was Turo. This was the first time I had rented long distance. The woman I rented from met us curbside at the airport both coming and going. I was without question the smoothest transition I have ever had in all my travels. My experience with Sabine (the owner of the car) made my whole trip better. If you are going to Orlando, see if one of her cars is available, she is phenomenal to work with. The Turo app... well, lets just say that if not for the amazing experience I had with Sabine, this would be a much different review. There were several glitches in the app that i have already reported, the worst was after we returned the car, I tried to view some of the pictures that she had uploaded to the site. It took 15 min just to get two pics to come up so I could view them (at the time I had full signal bars and an LTE signal, it's not like I was in a hole somewhere. I signed onto a wifi signal and it wasn't any better. The IOS version of the app needs some serious attention. Overall, after the experience I had, I have already recommended to several of my friends that are traveling to Orlando to use Turo if at all possible.

B Rogers, MN

Overall, I did like it. There was an issue with the cab company/driver from LAX and their use of the Curb app. Essentially Curb short-changed the driver because of an apparent $19/minimum charge. The driver was just short of irate about the situation, but I had no further information than that of what’s a Curb had provided. Once I arrived, the customer service was maybe a 3. I’m sure it’s not the greatest job and I assume Turo doesn’t pay the lot attendants enough to go above and beyond. People trying to drop off were stuck at the bottom of the gates ramp and there was no acknowledgement that the lot attendants even noticed you. I experienced the same thing upon return. The drop off, aside from the aforementioned acknowledgement was pretty effortless although I almost missed my Uber. The Uber went to the Custom Hotel valet and not the Turo area. Maybe that’s what they are supposed to do, but it wasn’t communicated to me. Overall, I like the service and it was pretty cool. I will definitely use again, although I’m not sure I’d use the valet lot again. I was hoping it was more like the Hertz Gold lane, but overall a good weekend.

Monica Jaramillo Austin, TX

Turo offers innovative transportation solutions exactly when you need them and their inventory partners. My host was most pleasant to work with and offered great service and reliability so I could confidently meet my business appointments in N Austin, in style. I hope to see the popularity of this app grow quickly and soon. It would be nice to create collaborative projects with Turo and other popular transportation solution providers to maximize profit margins and market shares in the popular " think global, shop local" business environment of 2018.

Rande H Atlanta, GA

This rental experience couldn't have been more seamless and perfect. The vehicle exceeded my expectations and William was a thorough and communicative renter. When I had a billing question and the queue to await a live agent was more than 15 minutes, I was given the call-back service to use. As a consumer, you always take note of when the vendor values your time. My question was easily answered and I went about my Sunday afternoon. I will happily rent through Turo again!

kirsten chong Houston, TX

My overall experience was positive. It was a little time-consuming getting around the website and making sure I understood and everything was in order for a first time user. My turo vehicle's owner was responsive and timely and the car was as described. Pickup and delivery went well with great flexibility on the part of my car owner which I appreciated. All in all a good experience and I will use turo again.

ray LHeureux Newark, CA

Turo has been great. Enabling me to generate some extra income, as well as providing a good service to me when i also need to get a car. Customer service has been quick in answering any questions i have as well as keeping a thorough faq area that i can also look up any questions that may come up. Best option so far is the flexibility in pick up and returns.

Sharon Houston, TX

I really enjoyed the process of renting a car from an individual rather than a corporate entity. It was very easy to do and it was a simple process. The only thing I did not like is the requirement to have the car washed and the interior serviced at the car wash prior to returning it. I felt that the extra time I took to do that was time I paid for.

Andrea Roberson Huntington Beach, CA

It's definitely very different from the mainstream car rental companies I'm used to dealing with, that's for sure! Customer service representatives I dealt with, Ray & Larissa, were, VERY professional, patient and communicative. I rented an older model Lexus ES 330 (I owned exact same car!!) and it definitely had obvious wear and tear scratches and dents. So, out of habit, I took photos before and after to protect myself. I did buy basic insurance through Turo, for my own peace of mind. I never saw an actual person nor did I sign any semblance of a contract. You pick up and leave the vehicle in a designated area, car unlocked with key under driver's sidemat. Works for me!! I liked the process and would definitely use them again! Mahalo-Andrea Roberson

Jianico Navarro Fremont, CA

I was very satisfied with my rental experience through Turo. I was able to get the car I wanted even if I booked it a few hours before I had to pick it up. It was a very easy process to rent and the prices are priced more adequately than bigger commercial rental companies. I highly recommend this company because it is more sensible to rent a car that you want rather than giving something random off of a rental lot. Some of these private renters deliver the car for free at your destined airport of arrival, which is very convenient.

Kelly Neal Odessa, FL

I was hesitant to use Turo for the first time. I wasn't sure it was reliable. But one friend had used Turo before on vacation and said all went well. Turn is far less expensive than a rental car company and the people you come into contact with are friendly, on time, and so helpful. Terms are laid out clearly, options are available (like renting snorkeling gear or bikes) and drop/off pick up times are flexible and convenient. The option of additional coverage was also reassuring. I'd highly recommend Turo's service to my friends and family.

Marc S Messiha Middletown, NJ

I used Turo to rent for the first time this past weekend. I was a bit nervous at first but the app on phone worked perfectly. The car I rented was exactly as described and the person I rented from was super nice. Now, renters may be different from one another but the application worked very well and was easy to use. Made me feel comfortable as well giving me the ability to take pictures and have my own side to the rental agreement...just in case.

JIM Ford West Boylston, MA

Turo is amazing. I am a giant fan of this service. Owning 2 cars and a boat its hard to own a dream sports car. But with turo i'm able to rent cars ive never driven and olny dreamed about owning. It really is a cool business. Its like the airbnb of sports cars. I will say its not perfect. Much like zip car if an owner is late returning his rental, although he pays a fine, it still eats into your current slot. Many times you are not aware of this until he is late, so you are already at the locations waiting. Also it seems like a lot people in Manhattan dont own there car but rather have gone into it with someone else as buisness rental venture, so the calender system is not perfect. Many people advertise "delivery" but then decide they wont do it for one day rentals. Many people are not there to show you the car they have a delivery guy... i dont know, there could be imporvements but it is a great service all together. I also think the insurance is a little high. I do love the company and hope they continue to make improvements and I cant wait until my next sports car rental . -JIM

Jamaul Bannerman Manor, TX

This service has been the best thing since Air Bnb. I have not been more pleased to use this service than one else. Although I have not used it much I have been a great advocate for this company and have had many friends take advantage of what Turo has to offer. I have met great people, easy service, communication, and unbelievable prices that could easily shut some car rental spots down. Delivery has been great and just the sure ease and efficiency of this app has been the best.

Fred Allison Park, PA

We rented with Turo because we found a better deal than with the main airport rentals. A second driver could be added at no additional cost and there were no lines to pick up car. Return was right at curbside which was great. The car was clean and equipped nicely. The owner was very helpful with arrangements for pickup and return. Everything went smoothly.

Aaron Walters Randallstown, MD

I found the Turo app while searching for luxury vehicle rentals. I found the app just in time for a special occasion. Signing up and interacting with vehicle providers was super easy. I was able to communicate with the vehicles owner through the app, it was as simple as text messaging. Turo provided location, vehicle owners contact info and ratings from other users who’d done business with the vehicle owner.

Jim Dustrude Mound, MN

This was my first Turo (or similar) experience, and if others do as spectacularly as Michael did, Hertz et al are going to have to make a lot of changes to compete with this most customer-centric car rental I’ve ever experienced. Michael accommodated me when my train was 2 hours late, on a Friday night, no less, and that was just the start. He not only delivered the car to me, but was flexible and super creative in making my drop off and trip to the airport as smooth as it possibly could have been. Thanks and congrats, Michael and Turo!!

Jon R. Newport Beach, CA

I really enjoyed using Turo - I was able to rent a car model that the rental companies don't usually offer & at a very good price. The car was delivered to the airport and I dropped it back off there on the way home - simple. I plan to always check Turo when renting cars in the future. You can rent almost any make and model of car you want - which I really like.

Judith San Francisco, CA

The prices for renting a small car on the island of Kauai were outrageous. Then I discovered Turo! I easily found a car and the rest so simple. I got picked up at the airport curb as planned, used a new clean car for 4 days, and met the owner at the aiport as planned. It could not have been easier. Turo is amazing. The only way to go when renting a car.

Charity Mott-Cooper

Everything was a cinch from the minute I downloaded the app. We were having 3 of my son’s 15-year-old friends for the weekend and needed s bigger car. The process was simple, I picked up the car and was back on the road within 15 min, and even extended the trip because we loved driving the car!!! Now I’m just looking at different cars to “Turo”!!! Do yourself a favor-don’t rent-TURO!!!

Robby Brabham Philadelphia, PA

Go overall company, total engaged and communicative with both owner and renter; protects both interests. Possesses intuitive app that is detail oriented and user friendly. Wished prices and deals were sometimes more reasonable and available as better deals still exist in traditional rental car services. Many turo rentals are overpriced with limitations compared to the offerings of larger rental car agencies.

Sierra Denver, CO

I love renting with Turo. All the fees are laid out for you, the photos are accurate, and I especially like the convenience for pick up and drop off. For me to rent from a standard company, I have to pay more to rent close, or spend an hour shuttling to the airport. With Turo, I can usually find a close convenient pick up for no additional cost. The only complaint I have is about payment collection. With Turo, you never know when Turo will take the payment for your rental. It states in the policy that payment is taken upon booking, but I have booked up to a month in advance at times, and have had payment taken anywhere from the time of booking up until 2 days after my trip started. Minor, but can be annoying to people depending on how they manage their accounts. I love renting from Turo because the owners really know what to expect from the car, and are open about stating if a car is great for snow, better for the city, and the full functionality of the vehicle. Owners are always helpful and usually easy to get a hold of. I rent just about every weekend instead of owning a car and I love it!

Edwin Callard San Jose, CA

I have only rented two cars from Turo so far but I have definitely not been disappointed. The community is great. Both renters I've had the opportunity to rent from were very easy to deal with and were kind. What makes Turo so great is the fun selection of cars provided. Cars you wouldn't find at a usual car rental company. I'm looking forward to my next fun rental!

Farinaz Vafai Alameda, CA

horrible service! they took my money and never gave it back to me after the car had dead battery and I had to return it the host. basically they never gave back my money for the last 4 days that I didn't have the car due to dead battery. never trust this company, there would be zero customer service and support in middle of your vacation!

elona ganchenko Honolulu, HI

Horrible customer service. Their insurance is a scam. I rented a car and as I was driving a rock flew out and cracked the windshield. So I had to pay: 145 insurance 575 deductible And then 740 for the “damages” So stupid! Their protection plan is a scam!

tim forrest Nashville, TN

Horrible company, terrible customer service and unfriendly hosts. I rented a Jeep for 4 days and returned it 4 hours early. They charged me foran extra day and a $20 late fee! A very terrible experience to say the least. Consumers - stay away, you have many other more reasonable alternatives.

James Shelby, NC

BEWARE!!!!Turo charged me double what the total was supposed to be. They also charged me $100 extra for picking the vehicle up 12 min early and they always find a rwason to keep your deposit. You WON'T ever get tour deposit back and there is nobody you can talk to. Support will only email you but wint work out anything. STAY AWAY...

Beverly Taylor Tallahassee, FL

BEWARE! Turo requires an absurd amount of money on top of your host fees and deposit. The trip fee is ridiculous and this makes renting with Turo very expensive. There is no way to speak to anyone on the phone. All billing questions are done by chatting messages. If your host cancels hours before then you out that money until its refunded up to 80 hours later. This is a horrible company.

Vic Cast Spring, TX

DO NOT RENT FROM TURO!! I rented a car in Florida.. 3hours into 3 day trip back wheel tire blew and shreeded! NO ONE would touch car or had tire to replace it.. due to Maserati GrandTourismo... it was towed back to host. They had the nerve to charge me a full days fee 230.00+.. it cost me more to get a replacement car and ride near Key Largo!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNDED! AND THEY WANT ME TO PAY 220.00+ FOR REPLACEMENT TIRE!

Rebecca Phillips Raleigh, NC

Watch out folks, Turo is a scam waiting to happen. Don’t even think they will follow their own policies and procedures, beware beware beware!! There is a reason the Better Business Bureau has rated them an F. They will try to charge you for a ledge damage to the car no matter how many pictures you take that show that there was no damage. I will never rent from this car company again and would advise you all to do the same.

jen vertone Jackson, WY

For a short time I was a host on Turo. Had a bad experience with a renter whom returned my vehicle in horrible condition. I’d reached out to Turo to have the renter pay an additional $30 cleaning fee and follow their requests with providing over 60 clear before and after pictures depicting the issue. They denied saying I did not provide any evidence of the issue.

Lhundup Thonden Toronto, ON

I give Turo no stars after I spend… I give Turo no stars after I spend hours texting them for the account issues. First they have information about my last year trip and now when I want to rent the vehicle I need to go through series of verification process over the internet. After providing my drivers license and photo they want my credit card info. I asked for the manager and agent refused and said she can send me an email so I can send my cc info but after end of the text, there was nothing from her. This company has no credibility. I give no stars and I am out!

David Cheuk Edison, NJ

Rented a car through Turo for a 3 day weekend trip. Check engine light came on (during day 1). Turo/host offered no help. The host blamed me for check engine light failure, and told me it was my responsibility to return the car in it's original state (whatever that means). Meanwhile, I tried to have the car towed, but Turo's "Roadside Assistance" kept directing me to take the car to a dealership to have it repaired. As a result of the faulty check engine light, we wasted nearly a half a day, driving from dealership to dealership, to assess what was wrong with the car. Not only did Turo not give back any refund or concessions, they allowed owner to tack on an additional $54 at the end of trip in reported "excessive cleaning" fees, which is a complete joke. They also managed to take this from my credit card account without any prior approval. Host made up bogus claims that we left "sticky film" in the car, which is total BS. Our group of 4 adults only had bottled water in the car, and did not eat any food, drinks or snacks in the car besides our water. As evidence of the excessive dirtiness, Turo literally provided a picture of the floor carpet which had some dirt, some gum wrappers in a cup holder, and empty water bottle on the floor, and some dried grass which somehow wound up in the trunk space. Turo's own cleaning policy says you don't have to vacuum the carpets, unless it's excessively dirty. This company is a joke. Their prices are cheaper than more reputable car rentals, but steer clear and avoid the headache. They find anyway to nickel and dime you, and you get no support whatsoever if your car breaks down. It took us 9 hours to drive back from Virginia Beach because we had to take several breaks so that the car would not overheat. This will be my first and last time I use Turo to rent a vehicle, and I am disputing this entire transaction with my credit card. It should also be noted that I tried leaving the host (Jigar S) a one star review, with my honest opinion, on Turo's website. For some reason, the review is not showing up on their website, so I believe Turo may be manipulating the reviews by intentionally screening off the bad reviews.