Turo Logo

6.2

Jennie Rosio

I could not even get a question answered. All I wanted to know was: Can you rent a car in one location, and return it to a different one? They emailed back 6 hours later with three unrelated articles to sit down and read (e.g., "Cleaning your car before you return it," and two others). These articles were followed by a question. "Does this answer your question?" Hitting reply generated a return email. In a chipper and upbeat tone, the letter informed me that there is basically no easy way to reach any human being with Turo.

Alex Bilbao

I have used this app 3 times and it has never convinced me. - The customer service is very inconsistent and does not resolve anything. - The communications with the owners can be difficult and the service is too informal. When evrything goes ok no problem...when you have any issue good luck: you are on your own. - I thought the service was a good deal in the market but after done a better research I've realized that more serious and traditional rental car services have same or even better prices. - That said I dont see a real benefit using this app, I am very dissapointed

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

Love this! AirBnb for cars! We used this service on a recent trip, and the car was clean and worked great! owner of the car even got me a drink. Will definitely use this service again!

Keron Grey Tallahassee, FL

We rented a Porsche for prom and it was beautiful, in great condition, and our pictures came out great, I would definitely use this as my source for all rentals.

Dwhoush Slidell, LA

Turo is very easy to use! I love the fact that they have budget friendly vehicles to rent all the way to expensive vehicles to rent. The process is so easy as well!

Cole Colombo La Verne, CA

Turo is an amazing app For car owners and people seeking a car to drive for a couple of days. I have used it numerous times and I am satisfied every time.

Jon Posey Riverton, UT

I think Turo is great. Used it for a trip, had a great experience, the host was amazing. Word of caution, get their insurance, you will regret it if you don't

Teresa Fletcher Sandy, UT

There are many options to choose from and the rates are much lower than a normal car rental agency. Read the reviews of the cars and owners to be sure to get the best experience.

Sophie Schmalz Saratoga Springs, UT

Having Turo as an option for my trip to Hawaii was a lifesaver! It was a quick and easy process to find a car and be able to make it around the island with no trouble.

Angela Pyrah Willard, MO

Great idea to rent cool cars. When I looked on the app to see what I could get, there was no good cars. All were much older and looked like crap. Its just another lame business for poor people to try and get more money for doing nothing other than offering their crap cars.

Melanie Curtis Pleasant Grove, UT

I'm glad we learned about this company about 2 months ago. My husband and I used it to rent a sweet convertible for a day for a nice price. Had a lot of fun!

Gavin Schmalz Saratoga Springs, UT

This service is an absolute life saver and has saved me a ton of time and money. Easy to use app and website. I’ve used it multiple time while on vacation and it has never failed.

Roman Casey Denver, CO

The host charged a $150.00 cleaning charge for a pet. I don’t own a pet. Turo customer service is a joke. Would never recommend Turo to anyone.

Feliks Nerkararian Buenos Aires, C

Avoid this company. Rental companies have specialists, checking the car. Taking a car there you are risking your life and others, including your love ones, who traveling with you.

John Harrow, HRW

Beware. In case of claims for damage or accident Turo will charge unreal fees and send immediately to collection agents damaging your credit score. I have been charged $800 for roadside recovery in the city. Now they ask for 2000 more. Nightmare and lots of legal expenses. Not worth.

Jax0924 Fort Lauderdale, FL

The worst ever! Over charged and was charged a young driver fee even though I’m 41 and when I requesting a refund they gave me a ridiculous excuse for not refunding me. Customer service was not helpful at all. I was also charged $40 for being slightly under in the gas upon returning vehicle. Super unhappy. First and last time.

Asiia ,

Turo SUCKS. Their customer representatives are ridiculous. Unprofessional. They’re not fair, and they all seem to be slow. Every time I call, I get the run around. They don’t know how to do their job. They can’t help with anything. I WOULD GIVE THEM ZERO STARS IF I COULD.

Sabrina Orama Sanford, FL

This company doesn't even deserve a star. Rented 2 months ago, host rented me a vehicle with 2 damaged tires, knowingnly. Was stranded had to rent a room and spent $200.00 + con tires. And am tired of calling and writing with no response or refund. HORRIBLE customer service and will be filing with BBB.

Manuel Morera Franklinton, LA

Do not do it. We were left on the middle of the road. They town the van due to a gas leak. No give us new car, costumer services were less the pleasant. We spend much more money and a horrible experience. They did not even care to put our lives at risk. Just stay away!

BJ K Salt Lake City, UT

The only reason I gave it a one star is because I didn't have an option to give 0. I picked up a car drove 1 hour open the sliding door of the Van for the 1st time it broke off we spent the next 5 hours trying to get at throat towed through turo the owner was extremely rude turl wasn't much better. Will never use this service again

Crissy Moreland Austin, TX

Great experience with Turo! Fast, efficient, and very user friendly. Recommended for younger drivers.

Bill Hart Pensacola, FL

Great Experience. the car was just as good as i thought it would be. Super easy to deal with Rentor.

T Robinson Nashville, TN

Allan was a Great host. The process is very easy. Allen was the best in booking this rental. Turo is the best

Robert Reid Springfield, MA

Awful. Car was littered with debris upon check-in. I paid in full for the rental in advance yet I was charged an additional $250 because allegedly the rental was returned late. This was an unauthorized charge by the way. Save your money and stress!

Camille Jensen Maple Lake, MN

The holds on my account have gotten very inconvenient and confusing. I don't have any emails or phone calls from anyone explaining what is going on and how to resolve it.

Alex S New York, NY

The worst experience as a host. Turo refuses to fix damage caused by guest despite the claim that every trip is insured. Claims processing is dragging the process. Ignore complaints. Deceptive practices to avoid full remediation.

Rami San Francisco, CA

Better value, convenience, experience, and selection than any car rental / sharing company out there.

M Brewster, MA

Terrible service. Total scam, and when you run into issues with the car owners, Turo treats you like you are the problem. They base everything off of a photo that could be completely doctored. Do not trust this service, the car owners can be sketchy. Do yourself a favor and just rent from commercial brand. It is safer.

Tanya Herrera San Marcos, TX

Fast and simple. Not like your other rental places.it was a great experience app was very well maintained

Rudolph Glattes Nashville, TN

Turo and our host did an excellent job. Beautiful car and top notch service. I won't rent anywhere else.

hellen gooden Southfield, MI

Scammers! they charged my account $1,383.00 for a $289 ONE day rental. I'm now a process of having to fight it now thru my bank. I will not book again and i will delete the app once i finish with the process of recouping my money.

John ,

Fabulous service for renting vehicles. Easy to locate and rent specific vehicles of interest close to your location.

Jewel Pikesville, MD

They have charged my twice in addition to the agreed amount. Then they disabled my account without any notice. I can’t contact customer service at all about the over charges. It basically scammed me for kore money and theirs nothing I can do! Smh terribly morally wrong.

Becky Tampa, FL

My ride was canceled maybe 12 hours before my trip, so I had to find a new one so my dad could celebrate his birthday like he should. I booked the new one for $115 and the old one was $133, never received my $17 back. And my Turo driver was really late to the arrival time said she would discount but never received anything again.

Meghan Keller New York, NY

last experience was not great due to safety and cleanliness issues with the vehicle. Great idea for a company, but needs to be better regulation of hosts and vehicles.

Ken From Alexandria, LA

Everything went great. Communication with the company and my host was quick and accurate. I really have no complaints.

Robert P. Lynnwood, WA

Easy quick and cost effective. The only complaint is I feel the insurance charges are a little high.

Positive Walt Santa Clara, CA

I like the website the best for looking for a rental . The filtering works well. I'm good with the checkout and all the alerts/notifications.

Rich Ryder Sarasota, FL

First time I was going to use this. Made a reservation a month ago with Edward C and he just cancelled my res two days before my trip... i inquired about changing the drop off and he quickly got preturbed in the text and cancelled my rental.. two days before my ig trip... IDIOT LOSER..

Kyle B ,

Turo is great and easy. Love the different vehicle options and delivery to airports without the wait!

Corey Hauer Las Vegas, NV

Perfect host. Way faster than the rental counter. Will rent again, and in fact I just booked for next week :-)

Tech Master Bentonville, AR

Administration process is very poor and fees are too high even though they don’t own the vehicles. I suggest don’t take rental from this app. Also the miles is 100 per day. I suggest please use the enterprise cars so that at least you will have good offers.

Jim Mission Viejo, CA

Dont put your car up for rent! Mine has been wrecked by a renter and TURO is nowhere to be found. Both the renter and I paid to have insurance through Lib Mutual and we have no access to the ins. company. My car is undrivable. I call, email and text TURO daily--Nothing It's a SCAM!

Raymond Theobald Arlington, MA

Turo is great I just want to be picked up at the airport with no paper work. Quick and easy should be the turo motto

armando ledesma Phoenix, AZ

The people were amazing 0 complaints about them. Issues for me was having to pay a whole extra day which was not cheap because I did not change the drop off time. Doesn’t seem like a fair policy to have at all very upset may never use turo again.

dannyt720 Houston, TX

Excellent car sharing service that is customer friendly, ease of use, and importantly cost friendly!

Greg J Phoenix, AZ

Super easy and convenient. Makes me think twice about renting a car from a rental company . Would recommend to others!

Stephanie Stabile New York, NY

I really enjoy it, convenient and a lot more affordable than car rental companies. Very pleased :)))))

bonnitabell New York, NY

Service idea is very well, the car selection is very nice and the employees with a friend as well as the host

Yulia Ruocco Hallandale, FL

A lot of hidden fees, unprofessional and unknowledgeable claim representative, who just trying to get rid off you. Rented out my car ,and it was returned with scratches and mechanical damage , even the report made by professionals didn’t convince them that car was misused. Be aware!