Turo Logo

6.7

Dale Columbus, OH

I had a decent first experience with Turo. The process of booking a car was straightforward. One thing I really liked that Turo offered was the ability for me to quickly modify the end time of the rental when I found out I needed the car for later in the day. Unfortunately, the car I rented turned out to have a strong burnt cigarette odor. I was running late so I didn't have time to speak with anyone. At the end of the day when I dropped off the car, I followed the instructions for ending the rental, which prompted me to leave feedback for both Turo and the owner of the car. I decided to leave private feedback for them since I had an excellent time independent of the unpleasant burnt cigarette odor. Within hours of leaving the feedback, I got a reply from the owner first and then Turo. The owner was apologetic and offered me to contact him personally before renting another car so he can ensure it is odor free. Turo was also apologetic and gave me credit for another rental. With that done, my only complaint is why was I given a car that had a bad cigarette odor in the first place? The owner shouldn't have had the car I rented available for rental if he knew, but I'm guessing he didn't have time to check the car before giving it to me? But it's water over the dam, I forgive him and plan to rent a car from him when I need a car rental. I'd like to thank both Turo and the owner of the car for providing friendly customer service.

Susan Simpson Albany, OR

I booked a car on TURO for the first time a few months ago in anticipation of the birth of our grandson this past month. The company and the app were both new to me and I installed the app with no issues and found it easy to navigate. There are many cars, many price points, from which to choose and I found a car I thought would be perfect for my use while I was in Washington State. The app offers secure messaging as well as secure payment. The process was seamless and the car was available to me just as promised with both the pickup and return easy and convenient . I highly recommend TURO and will use this service again.

Charles Griffiths Binghamton, NY

First time Turo user since rental service was not great at a smaller airport I flew in to. The experience was overwhelmingly positive. The biggest plus was the convenience. My car was waiting for me right outside the baggage claim area of the airport. Took 5 minutes to be on my way. Then, I dropped the car off at the departure entrance of the airport which took another 5 minutes max and I was on my way. The car, although a few years old, was immaculate, mechanically perfect and the owner was very easy to communicate with by text or phone. So,,,, I'm sold on Turo for convenience and the pricing beat the big name rental companies.

Marcelle Curtis Ft. Washington, MD

St first I was a bit skeptical having never heard or used Turo, but it was easier than expected. How often is it you can choose the exact ride you wane instead of a category or even choose a reasonable pickup and drop off date. That’s what sold me on Turo is that I needed a 4 wheel drive from a rental company and they told me they do not know if they would have one and to call back the day before I needed to rent. That was not comforting especially if I called just to find out they didn’t have a 4 wheel and everyone knows that the closer you reserve a rental, the pricier it gets. Turo is the complete opposite and that’s what I love about Turo. The price, the convenience, the process and the choice,

Brandon Nease

I had a guys trip planned for Tahoe and 1 of the people in our group rented from the airport. It was a mid sized SUV. after we did a head count and realized our luggage and oversized ski bags were needed, I checked Turo. I have used it with my wife in the past on trips with kids to Florida. We found a local SUV with more room and comfort, and the owner had a ski box for it which we didnt have an option for from the car rental place. The Turo owner was quick to respond , easy to coordinate with, and overall a really nice guy. We had a blast, used it to get to our rental, skied all week, then returned the vehicle to the owner at passenger pick up at the airport.

808 Girl Flowood, MS

This was my first Turo experience and when traveling in cities where it is available, I don't think I will ever get a conventional rental car again. The selection, price and ease of use (pickup/drop off) was amazing. There was a little confusion on my end when it came to documenting the pick up and drop off (car condition and mileage etc.) when picking up from an airport location things move pretty quickly and there wasn't much time to understand and go through the process - which I could foresee causing problems. I think that Turo needs to provide/point customers to instructions for the pick up and drop off documentation process at the time of rental confirmation so that they are aware of what is expected and how to get everything done.

Brandy Babnaw Winter Haven, FL

This was our first time using the app and we were very leary of how it worked. We were so pleasantly surprised!! The process was easy there was no deposit and no credit card needed just my bank card. It takes a photo of your license and a photo of your face and it uploaded quickly. We added the basic insurance for the three days we rented at just $9 a day. We chose to have the car dropped off to us for just an extra $40 which also included them picking it up. It was extremely easy to communicate with the car owner with the messaging system in the app as well. When the car owner drops off the car they take photos and then before you drive it you also take and upload photos and the same at the end. It was a fantastic experience and we will be using it again! Thank you so much!

Carl Morris Savannah, GA

Turo is the greatest invention since Uber. The concept is brilliant and it works flawlessly. It was so easy and quick to use the website and or App. I rented on the website and checked in on the app. Unlike the major rental companies there is no extra amount held on my card, Payment process is the easiest and quickest. My hosts were the greatest and the cars were as good or better than I could have gotten anywhere else. I had to contact support for an issue and they were extremely responsive. I needed another reservation and Ron made all the arrangements and called me. I cannot say enough about the support, service, and relationships I built simply being a customer. My host delivered and retrieved the car at no extra charge and he was so accommodating and professional, I felt like I had made a new friend. Please don't change anything... It's perfect!

Nick Basiaga Boynton Beach, FL

It was my first time using Turo. I heard about it from a friend and wanted to try an alternative to the traditional car rental. Both the website and iPhone app were easy to use and Turo had a large selection of vehicles available. I rented a Mercedes SUV from Ade and I could not be happier that I did. The vehicle was clean and he provided more miles than I actually needed. Both pick up and drop off were a breeze and the whole rental cost was much less than any traditional rental company for the same type of vehicle. I plan to continue using Turo and I hope to rent from someone as professional as Ade.

Gabriel Perry Huntington Beach, CA

I was traveling to Tampa fl from HB Ca for a week to look at homes and I booked my trip including my car rental . The day of my trip I was notified my rental was canceled and they had no cars I was infuriated at how terrible the commercial car rental industry has become . If it was not for Turo I would of been Car less and could not of accomplished what I went to Tampa for . The car was a luxury vehicle and was cheaper then any traditional rental co . Turo is amazing and an awesome easy experience . Once they offer unlimited miles they are going to kill the commercial car rental industry . Thank you Turo I will use you for now on in my travels for a rental car

Diana Munds Park, AZ

This is such a different concept that I was nervous if my owner, for some reason, didn't show up, I'd be stuck with a high rental from an airport agency with exorbitant fees. Nothing like that happened! My owner, ANIL, in Honolulu, was exceptional. I texted him after I'd boarded my flight so he knew I was on my way. Called after I'd deplaned on way to luggage. He answered right away, saying that when I had my luggage to call back, we'd arrange a convenient meeting place and he'd immediatetly leave to get me. I waited, maybe, ten minutes! He loaded my luggage and we drove to his drop-off location. Fortunately, it was in direction of my lodging!! The car was REASONABLE and just fine for going to work and parking it all day. I will definitely use TURO everywhere I go!!

Chris Frazier Gainesville, GA

Turo works very well. Of course, it depends on how your host responds to your reservation and services your needs. I was lucky that my first experience was great and now I rent cars from only one person who has multiple vehicles. That way, the pick up / drop off location is the same and I know the person who brings the car. So, Turo is a wonderful service offering for those who do not want to pay all of the fees that are applied with rental car companies. The app is good because it sends you reminders about your reservation and offers to extend your trip. Customer service is good with Turo when you are having an issue.

Linda L. Chappo El Cerrito, CA

My experience with Turo was really good. I saw something about it on TV one night and thought I would look into it. I knew I needed a car for my upcoming trip to San Diego so I did some research to find a better deal than what is offered by regular rental car agencies, which is no deal at all. I figured out a strategy and then found a Turo car owner near the airport that made my trip easy and affordable. I could take care of everything online, and the car owner was helpful, patient and responsive. Great customer service, it was so good that I booked Turo again for my trip in September. I highly recommend Turo, and I have told my family and friends.

Karen Mellman-Smith Chicago, IL

We had a bit of a "bumpy" ride initially with Turo, but their Customer Service and Reservations team really took care of us. And so overall, I was very pleased. The 1st day of our travel, our initial host messaged me that his previous renters cracked his windshield. He did the right thing by telling me right away. We landed in Boston without a car and were a bit freaked out. Fortunately, our customer service rep (through live chat) stayed with our case until we connected with Reservations, and our Reservations person found other options for us immediately. She too stayed on the phone with me until the situation was resolved. Fortunately, another local host offered us immediate availability and we were on our way. The reservations team really took care of us, especially given the unfortunate experience, and because of that, I have to give them full stars.

Loche Kline Ashville, OH

All was fine and as expected other than one thing, which should be worth your attention. I had been warned, in advance, by other relatives who experienced the same thing with TURO rentals at other locations. My confirmation intentionally specified CURBSIDE pick up and drop off. My vehicle owner texted me the day of my late night arrival that he'd leave the car in short term parking with the keys and money for the parking fee. I insisted that CURBSIDE was necessary. I explained that I am a female, senior citizen, traveling along, who has mobility issues, and who prefers to not be wandering thru an airport parking lot late at night looking for my rental! Plus, I pointed out that I'd chosen his vehicle BECAUSE of the CURBSIDE option! Jeremy agreed (he said he only lived 5 minutes away and for me to text when the airplane landed, which I did). The pick up was rushed and not at all pleasant, but the airport was very crowded so I was ok with the way that it worked out. The morning of drop off, the owner texted that he knew that I wanted CURBSIDE (as was agreed upon and confirmed!) rather than leaving the vehicle in short-term parking, however he said that I'd need arrive by 11am or before (instead of the 11:30am the prior time commitment) since he had another appointment. I had thought about and was prepared to go early, so it was not a problem and I did so. AGAIN, other TURO customers have experienced the same "switch" type thing at locations in Calif., VA and other places, so it might be worth addressing on your corporate end. Also, because I was somewhat prepared for it, and my vehicle owner was fine, this is not a complaint against him. Sincerely, Loche Kline

ANNA Christina Antioch, CA

It has been a dream, having the opportunity to rent practically any vehicle by reserving online. Turo makes doing this both, streamline and very convenient. The prices are absolutely fair, perhaps slightly better than competitors. I'm pleased because of transparency regarding the entire booking process. Turo is amazing as well as their variety of cars offered. The quality is consistent, meanwhile the choices are linear and depends on individual preference. The website displays a range that could cater to any consumer, spanning between the average commuter automobile and towards the luxury, performance and/or exotic ranked class. The personalized transaction simply is not plausible at the outdated rental counter managed by corporations with their fluctuating fleet, erratic authorizations, varied policies based on location, weekend hours and with only a guarantee of waiting in line. As my familiarity grows with Turo, I now have a few owners who I frequent and this is refreshing to further elimate potential stress. I feel the peer to peer platform is professional when using Turo. Stellar service and it is impressive that my needs are accommodated, especially on occasions where I have scheduled at the last minute. Thank you.

Camille Besser Miami, FL

I love Turo. I’ve always been a city girl so I haven’t owned a car in ages. However, sometimes you need one. Turo is perfect for this! I found out about it through a Google search while I was trying to find an affordable rental car. All of the jig companies were just so expensive and had a LOT of paperwork. Turo is easy. As long as you provide your license and a pic of yourself to verify identity, you are set. When you drive you are under insurance. You take beginning trip pics and end of trip pics to show mileage and gas as well as the condition of the car. I’ve had to contact Turo Support when I didn’t hear back from the renter in the alloted time- and they always helped to get me on the road- wether it be them reaching out to the renter, or finding me another car ASAP. All of the renters I’ve worked with have been great and so has Turo as a company. I tell everyone about this! It’s so easy! And you can find REALLY affordable cars and even some fancy scmancy cars if you want to impress someone :) Billing is easy- you have your info in your profile and Turo takes care of the rest. Everyone should use Turo! For when you need a car or want to rent out your own car!

Mariah Christine Baltimore, MD

I am in owner of multiple vehicles I rent out in the Baltimore area. I use multiple platforms but Turo is the best. They are fast when it comes to claims, which I have had to use twice. They are helpful on the emergency line. They get back to your emails within 2 days. The only thing that I don't like is there is not enough notice and dissemination of policy changes! I pay close attention to my money and I rent out cars multiple times per week and sometimes multiple times per day. Therefore, I know immediately when something has changed. I'll go on facebook or twitter and check my email and there will be no mention of the change. Then when I reach out to customer service, they will act like idk what I'm talking about until I press the issue and show them proof that policies have changed that affect my bottom line. If they make that small change and stay the way they are otherwise, I would give them a 10 rating. I felt compelled to write because I'm seeing a lot of disgruntled drivers (not owners) giving bad reviews. If you treat the car the way you would want your car to be treated, you would most likely not have any issues. Now if you do have issues because I'm sure not all owners are truthful or care about customer service, your problem still would have most likely be resolved with adequate documentation on your part such as taking pictures on your own, recording mileage, keeping track of how much you drive, communicating within the app, etc.

Ajanaee x Tallahassee, FL

Turo is a great app that connects you to several rental vehicles in your area. The app is user-friendly but Turo should offer better rates for individuals who are under the typical rental age.

Brit Curry Ellicott City, MD

Absolutely Ridiculous. Horrible company. Rented a car (for 4 days) that broke down 3 hours after I got it leaving us stranded in the middle of nowhere for 5hours. Had to rent another car, then after all said and done they only refunded me back for 2 days. BS!!!!! Will never use again, and will definitely be telling everyone I meet to never use this service!

Eric Montreal, QC

Things might be good, unless you was caught in an accident, no matter you are at fault or not, EVEN IF you purchased a PROTECTION PLAN from Turo, as they states : "The primary Guest is financially responsible for ALL Physical Damage or theft to the Vehicle, as well as Related Costs. The primary Guest is financially responsible REGARDLESS of who is found to be at fault for the damage. "

Mrs Nurse Honolulu, HI

First of all, I want you, readers, to know that I started my trip with an open mind and happy about my vacation in Honolulu. Let start by saying that the price was very low, but not without its problems. The first problem was that I had to pay $70 for the car to be dropped at the airport. A friend recently put her car on this site, and she said that the vehicle is left in the airport garage, and she leaves money for her customers to pay for the parking when they leave the parking site. Anyways, I started walking towards where the car was supposed to be, but I hit the freeway and walking with three children at 11 pm probably not a great idea, so I called a cab that charged me $10 to get me to the rental, which was in a very dark street in the middle of nowhere. I was exhausted, so I drove to my Airbnb in a car that was very almost asphyxiating due to the smell of gas. The next day we visited museums with the windows open; I barely used the car all day. The following day, we took a more extended trip to the beach, and we saw cockroaches. There were coming from everywhere in the car. I communicated with the owner because in the Turo website is the first thing they ask you to do. Well, I sent him this "I'm disappointed with the state of the car. First, there is a strong smell of gas or similar that is overpowering, and we have to travel with open windows, and second, your car has cockroaches. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but it is very ..." (disgusting, sickening, unsanitary, well add your adjective). " It is too late for me to find another car, but I'm not happy about all these problems." He said he would exchange it and asked someone to bring a car and take the filthy one. The friend said, "I'll be there at 8:30 pm," but at 8:30 pm, she said she'll be late. I didn't make a big deal about it; besides, I just wanted for the car to be gone. During the day, two big cockroaches walked through my legs, and another one fell practically on my daughter's mouth when she was drinking water, but that is not all; my son killed around ten cockroaches in 20 minutes. She called and said that she was downstairs waiting; when I drove the car, the tire was flat, and when I went to get the spare instead of a tire, there was garbage. I asked her for her spare, and she said she didn't have one, so I communicated with the owner, who said to call Turo. I was not in any rush, and I could have waited until the next day to change the tire, but he told me to call Turo's roadside assistant. I waited until 1 am for the car to get picked up, and I could not move. To make this story shorter. I called Turo, but they said that they could not talk to me and just text with me about any problem. I texted them, and I told them about the cockroaches. I sent them the pictures. I told them about the state of the car and all the bad things that happened. They said I am sorry we can't help you. You didn't call us the first day. I said I got to the car almost at midnight, and the only thing in my mind was to sleep. Besides, in your rules, it says contact your host, and that is what I did, and they said "Well, we are sorry, we can't help you" I have been without a car for two days. Turo billed me for over $200 for towing that was not my idea, and denied me my money back because they don't know how long the cockroaches were there. The cheated rises dearly, and now I have to rent a real car for double what I paid in Turo and pay Turo's roadside fees. This company doesn't care about the guest; it just looks out for the host, so be aware. They don't look for solutions; they just give you the runaround, and then there are the car owners who rent trash in bad tires.

Emilie Nault Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

An unresponsive host cancelled our reservation 2 days prior to our vacation. As the rates had dramatically increased since our booking 4 months prior, Turo offered to help with a compensation. We were told usual compensation was 80$, but they would release 140$ for our trouble (and the fact that we now had to pay triple the initial price). The compensation never came, the replacement booking was never made, I spent 7 hours on the phone with multiple agents and rude supervisors to be told they would perhaps get back to me by email within 24h. I received a compensation of 53$ - will never use them again. Disrespectful, not trustworthy! A big 0 for this company.

Bittermac Lawndale, CA

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! HORRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICES!!! I used the service about 3 times while visiting family in Oregon. Not issues. Worked as promised. Went to use it again and got an error that my account had been closed. Lifetime ban. Called their call center 4 times. Total of 71 minutes on hold. Finally called with my registered cell and got an email address to protest account closure. Emailed and 1 week later got a reply from Megan saying that my account was a dupe account by a car owner for fake reviews. I replied that I was not fake and what proof would she require. I got a reply several days later that she reviewed it and I am a liar. You truly find out who you are dealing with when there is a problem. Used Getaround.com and had no issues. Better customer service too.

Will Wray Johns Island, SC

A host flaked on me and canceled a reservation 45 minutes after it was supposed to start (so I was standing there and waiting). Then they canceled so I had to go to a rental car agency and pay extra for no advance reservation. All of this is arguably fair because Turo functions like a middleman. They can’t guarantee all cars (unlike rental car companies, which do). However, what concerned me here is that Turo did not permit me to write a review for the host, who still has a 5 star rating. Instead they left an automatic unrated note that doesn’t affect the host’s score. So don’t believe what you see on that app: they block and censor reviews.

Sue Collins Wakefield, MA

Don't walk away RUN....THEY NAILED US FOR $600 TOWING FEE NOT EVEN FOR THE CAR WE RENTED!!!!!! TURO was no help and sided with the scammer. We were just scammed in FL, got a different car than was listed but same model/make thought nothing of it. No one met us at delivery, cars left in car, car open, at end of the week we dropped car off at parking garage at airport, instructed to do the same, leave keys in car and unlocked, many hours later get a call from lady, where is my car, told her exactly where car was parked, more hours go by, she threatens to call police, so we immediately do and tell her so...moments later, states car was towed for illegally parked, then changes it to abandonment, then damage on rear light....next day, tries to stick us with a $600 towing charge, and then says car was towed mid week and we abandoned it!! We had car entire week, car towed was one we were suppose to receive and didn't, Tuto sided with her and changed our acct $600, we have videos of the car being driven different dash etc. They sided with her prior to us being able to deliver any pertinent information we had. DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR STICK WITH HERTZ, ALAMO ETC, they may be more money but won't scam you they are a reputable company unlike Turo!!! Top it off the lady we did get car from had good reviews, I suppose those were fake too! BEWARE things on TURU are not what they appear to be FAKE reviews, scam artist ETC. makes it tough or the legit ppl trying to rent their vehicles and customers. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE

jennifer bell West Yellowstone, MT

Please don't use this company. It is a scam. I was traveling to Hawaii and rented a truck and paid for my reservation in advance. One hour before I landed the host texted me " the car is broke". I called host and he said needed new tires and I need to cancel reservation and find new truck. I tried to find another truck but none was available. Turo offered to rent me the same truck but for $ 4,500. this was $ 3,100 more than I agreed and paid for. They offered to take 20% off the new amount but still $2,200.00 more than agreed upon amount. The company knew there were no more trucks andt ripped me off, ruined my vacation. Crooks!

101blacksails Jacksonville, FL

I received a confirmation for a rental, only to find out that the day I needed the rental at the airport, that it did not go through because Turo requires your driver's license, birthdate, etc. I didn't find out about this until the day of my rental need! I finally got verified after calling Turo for 2 hours. THEN, I go to look for other cars, and when I go to check out, they are all UNAVAILABLE. This happened on 8 different vehicles that were apparently 'AVAILABLE' for my dates/times, all up until I go to check out, and then Turo customer service tells me that they are 'WORKING' on the site glitches that allows cars to show up that ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR RENTAL. I will NEVER USE THEM AGAIN, it is not worth the hassle, and you don't save any money at all because they charge Turo Fees, you HAVE to buy INSURANCE, and then the taxes and FEES, and then there is NO GUARANTEE that you will actually get the car!! I don't have time to post this stuff but they wasted so much of my time, that I actually lost valuable WORK TIME. Don't waste your time on this, save your time and worth and just do the traditional auto rental until a GOOD SITE shows up that can actually be better than the traditional auto rental places. MAYBE START one yourself!

wendy reategui Burbank, CA

Adam was an AWESOME host! He explained everything I needed to know about his Explorer, that was so clean & with all features make our trip easy and Fun. Adam was quite efficient vis text answering my questions and responded right away. It was a pleasure renting Adam’s Explorer. I will be definitely be renting it for our next trip camping or weekend get away!

Vianca Potts Hialeah, FL

I loved my experience of being able to tour the city with my own vehicle. The drop off and pick up was smooth! The woman I rented from personally said I can request for locations to visit if needed. She was so nice and it was nearly half the price from the huge rental companies! I also felt very safe! The lady I rented from gave me a bottle of hand sanitizer. I’ll be using turo in the future!

Pamela Shanks Springfield, OH

I was hesitant about using Turo in regards to legitimacy but took a chance. I'm glad I did because it was extremely easy, and cost so much less than a car from a rental company. The car we rented was clean, comfortable and in great shape. We rented from a great gentleman who was very friendly, accommodating and punctual. Customer service was very helpful when I called for information. I will definitely use Turo in the future.

Dave Macey Newtown, CT

TURO was awesome to use as an affordable and fun alternative! It was easy to use, to learn and to coordinate with the vehicle owner! Nick's Mercedes Benz 300 in CT was fabulous and he was so accommodating! I would recommend this service to EVERYONE interested in renting a car! The family loved the vacation that much more! Thank you all, esp Nick and his wife!!

AJ Veldusea Beaumont, CA

Our host, James, was great. He bent over backwards to make our trip feel full and awesome! Soon before starting the trip, the communication was great and plans had been solidified for a great start. The vehicle was perfect for our vacation and we hope to call up James for our visit next year. I will add, that we have become so found of Turo that we do not use rental car companies anymore. It's fun to pick from rentals that are more tailored to our needs without any bait & switch. Thank you

Mark B Pearland, TX

I wish they extend the Mileage the customers can take without having to pay extra. Also in the insurance part, if they could clarify things further. I know with other Rental Companies, i don’t have to add extra protection since i’m already covered from my own car insurance. Also using certain types of credit cards has advantage of the other. I wish they just show all of these, for the customer and the host just so everything is clear! If the Turo does this, i wouldn’t hesitate to give it a 5star, and this App has the potential to be the Airbnb on cars 😉. Think about it, to the developers, directors and CEO of the company. Take note

Kathy Ross Chicago, IL

I like the fact that a person have wide range of car's to choose from. The prices range from high to low depending on what a person can afford. I like the fact that you can pick different area's to pick up the vehicle. I didn't no how or if the back windows let down. I searched for button and finally figured out back windows didn't let down. Know way to find out anything about the car.

Oscar Benavides Tampa, FL

I been renting from Enterprise for the last 10 years, from convertibles, luxury, SUVs, and even vans. I been loyal to them until I found Turo. If the vehicle owners can keep their numbers low, clean vehicles and able to deliver the cars at renters convenience. I think this will impact greatly my decisions on renting cars... My experience with my first rental was quite wonderful, very convenient... I selected the car-paid-owner dropped it at my door and when done he picked it up.. extremely convenient.. I will not pay for delivery or pick up, if I had to do that I go to Enterprise...

Tammy McIntosh , OK

All was good until I went to use the windshield wipers on david Hyundai eleantra. They were very worn and didn't wipe the windshield and also the passenger side wasnt even big enough or meant for that car. So I could hardly see in the rain. Also his wife was about 10 to 15 mins late and the car sat there running cause it to go down one bar on the gas gauge. 2 days after the trip eneded David try to request payment of $30 from me for the gas gauge claiming it was under by more than 1/4. He uploaded a picture 22 minutes after the car was picked up. And was picked up late, causing a delay of me getting onto my flight on time. All was well and I forgave her being late and the windshield wiper issues. But trying to charge me $30 2 days later for 1 bar of gas missing because they were late picking up the car is insane. I won't use them again!

Nicole Schloss Tallahassee, FL

This was my first experience using Turo. I was able to book my rental quite easily. I provided all information requested of me and I was approved for my first rental within 24 hours. The host was Brandon was very communicative, as well as an all star host who had over 1,000 trips, so I felt comfortable and confident when booking. Will be using them again to rent.

Dana Smith Chicago, IL

Turo was amazing for me and my girls❤️ We booked a flight and forgot last minute to get a car, since everything in Cali was far. A friend told us about Turo and we used it immediately! AMS was our host and he was so sweet to allow us to use his car as a first time member and keep it all week😍. It was very convenient, inexpensive, and stylish. I would definitely recommend Turo to anyone who needs a car.

Xander Underwood's Nashville, TN

Overall I like how much easier it is to use this app then it is to use the car rental agencies. What I liked most was the guy I ended up renting from, Ben, was genuinely professional and helpful when it came to accommodating my needs. Excellent guy. What I dislike most was the fact that the first person I tried to rent from canceled, and also that the prices listed on the vehicles are not exactly accurate when you account for insurance, mileage, and taxes. I do wish that was more transparent. However overall I would say that the app is an excellent value for the money.

Travis Fletcher Dayton, OH

This was my first experience directly with Turo and I was very pleased with it. My host was communicative and the process was fairly simple. Turo support was clear and thorough as well as being prompt. Overall the use of Turo really enhanced my trip. I didn’t have to go to a rental car counter or wait around for Uber or Lyft drivers to pick me up. The selection of cars available had a lot of variety and the car I chose was clean and smooth to drive. I will use the app again on my next trip.

Mark Reed Albuquerque, NM

Turo seemed to have an almost limitlessness selection of options available for the time frame of our trip to LV. We ended up renting a Polaris Slingshot from a gentleman named Hector and we had a fantastic time with it .We ultimately ended up extending our trip by an extra day and it was easy and painless. As a matter of fact we have decided to stop renting from the big car rental places and only use Turo from now on.

David Stonebraker-Martinez Oberlin, OH

I love how easy it is to find the exact car you're looking for—no hassle, no crossing fingers. When you rent, what you see is what you get. The hosts are some of the most understanding and flexible people to work with, too. You can tell that their motivation is not strictly about how to squeeze every penny out of their customers. They seem to genuinely want you to have the most carefree trip experience possible.

Kim Priebe San Diego, CA

This is the first time I used Turo but it won't be the last because it's the only way to rent a Tesla Model 3, which I have an extreme bias for because it's my car at home. For that reason I am grateful the company exists but I did not give the platform 5 stars for 2 reasons. First, it does not operate in Australia or New Zealand, the other places I have needed rental cars in the last couple of years. I can't really hold it responsible for that but I was really (very...) dissapointed none the less. But more so because I felt the check in/check out process was completely out of touch and needlessly sloppy. My main complaint is that the app never even texted me a reminder (much less required me) to search the car for damages, or to do anything at the time of acceptance. We arrived at night with the car parked on a public street and the owner unlocked the car remotely so there existed a chance that neither party would have known if the car had been hit right before I picked it up. The first time it occurred to me that I had neglected to check for damages was when I was walking back to the parked car the next day and I saw it had been freshly side swiped on the rear corner. It wasn't a big damage but I knew it would be very expensive to fix because I have the same color and am aware it's a 3-step paint job which costs a lot more money to fix than the other colors. I had a mini 'hear-attack' before quickly remembering Tesla cameras record everything. So I spent 30 minutes checking the car's video clips to make sure the damage didn't happen since I got it before I could relax. Later when I texted the owner about it he volunteered that the damage had occurred the day prior to my rental. Eventually when all cars are made to record their surroundings, then the renter won't be so vulnerable but had I rented anything else on the market today, I could see this as having completely ruined my vacation. That being said, I will continue using Turo in whatever locations they operate but will know to set an alarm to remind myself to check for damages before driving away.

TokyoDuke Houston, TX

This was my first time using Turo and it was easier then I thought . My host had the pickup set up pretty straight forward . The car was amazing and pretty fuel efficient . Drop off was exactly the same as pick up which made the process overall painstakingly easy . I will definitely use turo again when traveling & I will also tell friends and family to come on over to TURO and leave those big rental car places in the PAST .

Dale Heady Ashburn, VA

A colleague told me about Turo, he is renting one of his cars while his wife is out of the country for a year. I hadn't heard of it before. I downloaded the app before I went to Chicago, looked up a car, choose an Acura MDX for $57/day. This cost was less expensive than the discount rental car agency's for the same type of vehicle. It is a great service. No waiting in lines, no paperwork to fill in, just pickup the vehicle and go! It was literally that simple. I will certainly use this service again!

Robin Wilder Martinsburg, WV

I am simply amazed at the efficiency and simpleness of the Turo App. Sign up was easy and getting verified was a snap. The app itself was very user friendly and I have recommended Turo to all my friends who are looking for a better alternative to the traditional car rental agencies. The vendor that I rented from was friendly and kept an open line of communication. Turo will definitely be my go-to for vehicle rental from here on out.

Daniel Feltz Wasilla, AK

I really that you can choose the car you want to drive, a sports car or a Jeep or a Tesla, you choose your poison and enjoy the ride. We rented a 2019 Mazda Mx 5 with a retractable hard top in Maui. What thrill to drive on the Twisty road to Hana. Your imagination is your limit What are you waiting for! Gonna buy a car, go rent it first. TURO is a game changer for this car driver. Daniel From Alaska

Lasty Kaikhoune Los Angeles, CA

It was great! I just wished the app would have allowed me to still drive the car and deliver it, even though I was running late (Turo GO). I know it's no one's fault but my own- I had requested an extension, owner didn't reply or accept the extension. I tried using the app to drop the car off, but it wouldn't allow me to. Had to re-book the car over so I could get into it and drive. Other than that, the Turo App itself has been wonderful. This goes for the support as well. As I talked to an agent to assist me with the return. From start to finish, Turo is awesome!

AlaskaGal Gold Hill, OR

Turo has been a wonderful discovery! I love that the prices are generally lower than those of a traditional rental company. I love being able to pick out the exact car I wish to rent. And the ability for airport door service? Awesome! No crazy shuttles or rental car lines! Every person I've rented from has been professional, communication has been prompt and clear, and the cars have been as advertised! I'd highly recommend Turo!