Lyft Logo

Lyft

5.0

LAST UPDATED: September 27th, 2021

Lyft is a transportation network that facilitates peer-to-peer ride-hailing. Using mobile apps, riders can locate drivers in their area and even request a specific driver. When the company first began in 2012, they stood out by putting bright pink, furry mustaches on the grill of their cars. Today, the large fury mustaches have been replaced with official window emblems.

Rideshare companies like Lyft beat public transit when it comes to personal comfort and convenience. It also beats the traditional taxi industry when it comes to average trip price.

The Lyft coverage area now includes 600 US cities, with at least 2 cities covered in all 50 states. Service is available for use 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Keep reading for pros and cons, plus Lyft reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Increased Availability
  • Driver Requirements
  • Economical Pricing
  • User-Friendly Platform & Experience
  • Vehicle Options

Increased Availability

All major cities across the United States are covered by Lyft. So, whether you live in one of these areas or you're visiting, you should always be able to find a ride, even late nights.

Lyft has at least some coverage in all 50 states and Washington D.C. Keep in mind that drivers are available in over 600 cities, but mainly urban areas are covered.

Driver Requirements

Lyft strives to provide quality drivers for its rideshare services.

To work with this company, drivers must have a clean driving record and be 21 years old and pass online background and DMV checks. They must have had a US driver's license for one year and provide proof of insurance.

Background checks go back a minimum of seven years. The following will disqualify applicants:

• Violent crime
  • Sexual offense
  • Disqualifying felony
  • Disqualifying drug-related offense
  • Disqualifying theft or property damage

Lyft added a feature to their app that shows general information on drivers, the number of rides they've given, and a rating. The feature is designed to make users feel more comfortable with drivers. Recently, both Lyft and Uber drivers have been legally seeking to be treated as employees rather than independent contractors.

If you want to start driving for Lyft to make extra money, but you don’t own a car, the company offers a program called Express Drive, with access to short or long term rental cars from Hertz, Flexdrive, and Avis. Renting a car from one of these programs can help you start your new job ASAP.

Economical Pricing

There is no question, ride-sharing saves you money. The Lyft price is less expansive than a traditional taxi service. Lyft has a policy of charging a minimum rate of $1.13 for the use of its services.

Your ride rate isn’t the same every hour of the day. There is a base charge, plus an additional cost per mile. If you get picked up during Prime Time, there is an additional surge pricing percentage charged on top of your city’s base ride amount. Prime Time is similar to rush hour. It is added when there is a surge in demand for rides. It is also dependent on your passenger pickup location. On the plus side, Prime Time is a way to entice more drivers to be on the road to pick up passengers during peak hours, when demand is high.

While Lyft does offer a few different subscription plans, most of them are invitation-only, users can now proactively sign up for the All Access plan.

What is the Lyft All Access subscription plan?

• A $299 subscription pass for 30 rides per month, as long as rides cost less than $15
  • If a ride costs more than $15, the rider pays the difference
  • Starting with the 31st ride of the month, members get a 5% discount

In most cities, there is a $10 fee to pay for canceling a ride. Riders aren't required to leave tips, but it is appreciated and can be paid in the mobile app. In most cities, there is a $10 fee to pay for canceling a ride. Riders aren't required to leave tips, but it is appreciated.

User-Friendly Platform & Experience

Lyft is extremely easy to use. Users can download the app on their mobile device and set up a quick profile. When you want a ride, you open the app and it pulls up your exact location. Next, you enter your destination, and it pulls up drivers in your area that you can choose from. Using the app lets you track your driver's ETA and shows you a picture of their car. When your ride is over, you simply tap to pay. The app saves your credit card information for easy payments.

Another reason why we like the Lyft app for passengers is that you can leave a review for your driver. So if you had a wonderful experience with a driver, you can leave them a good review so others will want to work with him or her. Likewise, if you have a driver who was rude or made you feel uncomfortable, you can let others know.

Lyft is available for use 24/7, in an instant. Because you can immediately schedule a ride, the company does not allow you to reserve drivers in advance.

Vehicle Options

Lyft offers a lot of different vehicle options for you to customize your ride experience. Check out this list:

• Lyft: Standard Lyft ride with a 4 passenger max
  • Shared: Get a discount to share your ride and split the cost with people going in the same direction. Shared rides are similar to a carpool. Previously Lyft Line.
  • Lux: Luxury Lyft ride with a 4 passenger max
  • Lux Black: Premium black car service with leather seats for up to 4 riders
  • Lyft XL: SUV for up to 6 riders
  • Lux Black XL: Premium black SUV with leather seats for up to 6 passengers
  • Car Seat: Vehicle fitted with a child’s car seat
  • Wheelchair Accessible: Set your app to enable accessibility needs

In addition to all of these options, Lyft is working to integrate self-driving cars into its service fleet. As the company is adding self-driving rides in phases, they are currently only available for riders in Las Vegas.

Don’t worry. Users don’t have to use this type of ride. If a customer would prefer to try the experience, they can opt-in through the Lyft app or website. Additionally, self-driving cars will have a well-trained pilot and copilot, both human, at this stage in the process.

The Bad

• Hiring Requirements
  • Availability in Rural Areas

Hiring Requirements

The hiring requirements for Lyft seem to be a little loose. Generally, the background check goes back seven years. The company policy may allow hiring drivers who have DUIs or other major traffic violations on their driving record after seven years. The seven-year policy also applies to those convicted of violent crimes and sexual assault. While we understand that people make mistakes, it seems a little lax to let people who have had a DUI drive you around.

Each Lyft driver uses his or her own car for driving clients, which can limit car make/model options. In most cities, the car must be newer than 10 years old. Other cities have more strict regulations.

Availability in Rural Areas

Like most taxi or peer-to-peer transportation network companies, Lyft is only available in a limited area. It's great if you need to go somewhere in a big city, but isn't a viable option for people living in many small cities.

The Bottom Line

If you live or work in the Lyft coverage area and need a one-time pickup or recurring ride, this is an excellent choice. The mobile app is easy to use. We like that the service shows you how many minutes you have to wait for pickup, and allows users to select a driver. This is especially helpful because you can see each driver's rating. As a Lyft passenger, you are in control of who will be driving you, adding a little more peace of mind.

We also love Lyft's low cost. Although cost changes from city to city, on average, a rider will pay less money for your Lyft than you would for a taxi fare.

View Best Car Sharing Companies

4.0

LiveWithCat Clementon, NJ

I take quite a lot of Lyft rides to get where I have to go. The prices, depending on how far you want to go, are decent and much better then Uber. I never had a very bad experience with Lyft, but I will say there are a few things that I dislike. Some drivers have attitudes, their GPS stops working sometimes, dirty or smelly vehicles, which is rarely, they stop at wrong locations and canceling last minute. The things I appreciate about Lyft are the friendly drivers who talk to you, help you put stuff away such as groceries away in their trunk, clean cars, and safe driving. The rules for Lyft since Covid started are understandable. No more shared rides, which I think should stay that way for good, and wearing masks. The Lyft app focuses a lot on safety which is a big plus! Lyft provides customers to see the make of the car and license plate number, a long with a picture of the driver. Also, they provide employees with stickers to put on their car with a bar code to scan stating that is your driver. A new feature they added is sharing your location with a friend or family member, that way you can keep yourself protected. Apparently there are a lot of stories about drivers pretending to be Lyft drivers to kidnap you, that's why it's important to keep an eye out for yourself. Lyft could improve on accuracy of driver pick up location. Drivers should make sure they invest in a good reliable GPS. Overall Lyft is a very usefull service for me. It beats having to over pay for the old cab rides by minute.

EJE Saint Paul, MN

The LYFT app does not allow the ability to add a NOTE for SCHEDULED rides, which is critical to inform the drivers of my exact pickup location (despite pinpointing the exact pickup spot when scheduling), which results in drivers taking off, leaving me stranded and inflicting a cancellation fee on me. I have severe mobility issues and when drivers don't pick me up at the correct designated location -- I can't "run" to the front of the apt building when they should be picking me up in back. Getting to my medical appts is critical to my health -- after so many last minute cancellations (for which, ironically, I can't charge LYFT a cancellation fee), I now have to reserve rides a minimum of 1-2 hour prior to my appt so there is a cushion period for when LYFT cancels at the last minute and I then have to reserve a new ride. SCHEDULING rides ahead of time is no better than reserving rides at the time of departure, as the rider is not notified until minutes before your departure time whether or not a ride is available. And there are no consequences when the scheduled reservations are cancelled last minute. And, the SCHEDULING option is generally much more expensive. Since there are no guarantees for your rides, this can only be considered a money-making scheme on behalf of LYFT! Very poor business practice, LYFT!

Sydney Charleston South Jordan, UT

Lyft is a great. The drivers are friendly, the rates are great and the support team is awesome. Although it's my responsible for making sure I have all of my things when I exit the vehicle, on several occasions I have left things in the car and my Lyft driver always returns them to me. Lyft is a good price and is always easy to use!

KimDugan Kailua, HI

Of all of the ride sharing services I have used, Lyft was probably the best. That being said, I haven't had fantastic experiences across the board. First off, Lyft has probably come through for me the most often - particularly in the more remote places where it's harder to find a ride sharing partner. (Boone, N.C., to be specific.) Second, Lyft has a responsive customer service team. They responded within 5 minutes of my reporting a dangerous driver and within 10 minutes of me forgetting my phone in the Lyft and reporting it missing. The customer service team was always very friendly (and didn't judge me for leaving my phone...which is awesome, because I'm a derp and do that sort of thing pretty often.) My only issue here (other than the normal concerns that plague ride sharing companies - fear of being abducted or putting lotion on the skin) is that the app does need some work. I think there are a couple of controls on the app that are hard to find and their menu is a little clunky. This is a small drawback when compared to the usefulness of the actual service, but if you are helping an older passenger who is not as used to using a smartphone, it is something to consider.

The Bean Spiller Provo, UT

I like the pricing and availability of Lyft. Their prices without promotions are comparable to other companies with promotions, but their app design and usability isn't quite as good.

George Ballentine Severn, MD

I called “Lyft for a ride to work . When the driver got there I was charged $8.65 before I went anywhere. I DID NOT NEED A RIDE TO WHERE I ALREADY WAS. They don’t seem to care that the route shows I went nowhere! I keep trying to get my money back and I have had no success. BEWARE,,,,This company is not run very well!

Jamie Virostko Ellicott City, MD

Deleted the app. Drivers are not reliable in Chatlottesville (Choudry specifically). I planned a day ahead. Left us stranded at the airport. Drivers act like they are doing you a favor. No customer service. Could not get help. Took a cab. Was not that much more and was at least reliable.

asal bahrami Laguna Niguel, CA

I recently took a Lyft home from the airport. My driver picked us up, put our suitcases into her trunk. My roommate and I went to the back seats of the car. Sat quietly until we arrived at our destination. The driver then took the suitcases out of her vehicle. Said goodbye to us and went on her way. The next day I get an email with an additional $150 charge on top of my ride fee with the driver complaining of vehicle damage. I strongly believe these were prior marks and she is trying to get money out of it. There was no chance of damages to the exterior of her vehicle being from my ride.

MzFab *2 Fort Worth, TX

I recently started using Lyft. The app was giving the drivers incorrect location of where I was ready to be picked up. But the worst was when my daughter dropped melted ice cream on the side of the vehicle that could be easily wiped off. We told the driver and he asked for $20 to clean it. So, I authorized a $29 tip for his inconvenience. Then, he turns around and files a damage claim with Lyft, who then charges me $80 for the DAMAGE! The vehicle was not damaged. I disputed the charge with Lyft but they said they pay their drivers $80. I told them that it was a shake down because the driver asked for money and he turns around and asks them for money too. I asked them to provide me a copy of the agreement I signed in agreement with this overcharge, but they couldn’t because they don’t have one. I’m now disputing it through my credit card. I’m fine with paying $20 for his inconvenience, but $80 is ridiculous! Plus, to have drivers that think it’s ok to take advantage of you is just dishonest! We were honest when we told him about the small spill and now they took advantage of it! Use another service! This one is all about what mistakes you can make on the ride to fault you for it! This company is not about the customer! It’s about how they can fill their pockets with your hard earned money,

Frank L Navarre, FL

This company should not be in… This company should not be in business!!!! They don’t even deserve one star! Their customer service is full of excuses on why they they operate the way they do. I know not all have had a bad experience, but ours was the worst! When you plan a pick up with lyft a couple days in advance, pay 150.00 for seating at an event, all packed and ready to be picked up, and as the app sends texts “driver on the way” excited about your first lyft experience and event you had planned weeks in advance, and then nobody shows up,,,, well thats why ours was the worst fail from a company. And like I said, the company was full of excuses of why it all happened, and even tried to put it on us, saying, “we sent you a cancellation”. Ya they sure did, 50 minutes after our scheduled pick up time. If you don’t have more control on how you operate and service your customers, you need not be in business! Never again!

Makayla Holland Gaithersburg, MD

You can easily get your to your destination, when you pay you automatically get a location of your drive and when they’re coming. The app is easy to use, the trust the app and the people driving me.

Gabe Burton Riverton, UT

I think Lyft usually has cheaper prices than Uber, and more drivers nowadays. I only wish it didn't take so long to get a ride :/

Emily W New Orleans, LA

Scam. Watch out if you use Lyft they charged my 96 year old Granny who has a nurse 24/7 to help her and is in a wheelchair 80.00! Why? For getting her seats wet while it was raining in New Orleans when she was trying to get out of the car. You would think that people would have some compassion for a 96 year old woman who can’t move very fast but apparently not. I mean it’s water and dries. It is amazing how some people are so heartless. I mean really your seats got wet because my grandmother can’t move fast enough. Be aware!!!!! Complete BS.

Veronica A New Orleans, LA

I normally use Lyft when we travel to other states because I earn Delta Skymiles, however, more than often the cost is more than what was presented to me online. There need to be governmental regulations enforced on this practice.

Iryna Lymar Kremenchug, 53

I requested a ride and I informed a driver in advance about having a pet. Upon arrival I asked permission again to have pet, the driver agreed. I kept a pet in the leg area during the whole ride and tipped the driver at the end. It turned out there were a few pieces of fur and I was charged $20 extra… It was really disappointing experience. I consider deleting my account.

Amyserianni Serianni Brooklyn, NY

NEVER EVER again will I use this company I booked a lyft a few days ago and added a stop I even asked the driver if it's okay that I added a stop just to make sure he wasn't in a rush he said absolutely when I got out of the store to get back in the Lyft to go home it was gone not only was it gone and he didn't even have the decency to tell me I had belongings in that car I reached out right away and of course I never got any response from my Lyft driver I had keys to my home and Business in that car so I was locked out of my house and my business and the driver also knows the location of my home in business because he picked me up my business and was dropping me off at my home now I'm locked out of my home and the customer service rep told me it'll be okay call a locksmith and message him through the app so now a stranger who's a thief has keys to my business and home now it's been days I mean it's obvious this driver has no intentions of giving me back my belongings or he would have reached out to me by now I've gone back and forth with Lyft and and they could care less they have the worst customer service I've ever ever experienced anybody who works for that company should be ashamed of themselves today I spoke with somebody who said that they were going to forward my number to this mysterious driver that nobody can get a hold of that was hours ago like he stole my stuff if he would have came in and said he had an emergency and had to go it wouldn't have been a problem and they won't refund me my money for the ride where their driver stole from me keep referring to my stuff as lost items I didn't lose those items I knew exactly where they were your driver left with them when he wasn't supposed to it wasn't time for the ride to end that wasn't the end address so they are totally fine with their drivers blatantly stealing from their customers who spend hundreds of dollars a week using them so if anybody out there gets a lift in Pennsylvania and gets Greg in a black Jeep Cherokee do not get in the car cuz he'll probably steal from you too and Lyft won't care they'll tell you to use the app if you can even get an actual person on the phone that is absolute worst customer service so bad I'm devoting every free minute I have to write reviews and tell anybody and everybody I come into contact with about Lyft I'm very active in my community and I tell multiple people a day about this incident how lift doesn't care that they steal from their customers and then don't even have the decency to refund them for the money that they spent to get stolen from how ridiculous is this

Althea Alexander Kingston, 01

The worst app I've used in all my life! So I've booked my trip to be picked up from the airport for tomorrow. The only info they asked for is pick-up destination and drop-off destination then unto payment. Waiting for another page to ask me date and time of pick-up. None. In 2 seconds I received a text message that my driver will be there in 8mins. I was so taken aback that I tried assiduously to contact someone without avail. Apparently no one is available on weekends to speak to. I canceled the ride and I was charged almost $7. Total waste of my time, energy, and money. I need a refund and I'm totally passed.

Rhonda Homan Fort Worth, TX

I used Lyft for the first and last time today. It was suppose to be a round trip, instead I got left at my 1st stop the bank. I then had to wait for another ride for about 30 minutes. I told that driver when I got in that I needed to make 2 quick stops before returning home. She said she couldn't do that and I should have entered the stops when I requested the ride. Well all I saw was pick up and destination, nowhere to enter multiple stops. I requested to be let out at my 2nd stop and ended up walking the rest of the way home. I'm close to 50 and I can't believe that you have drivers leaving a paying customer with no care or concern for there well being. Never again will I use your service.

jscharm7 Cherry Hill, NJ

Lyft has some of the cleanest cars and nicest drivers. Lyft is also much cheaper than other transportation options. I have never had a bad ride with Lyft since they always help me find a ride so quickly.

Kibsaim Rebollar Austin, TX

I think rideshare is an excellent option and I use lyft from time to time.

G. Goodrich

I love Lyft. The drivers have been great and very attentive to my comfort and safety. On a rare occasion where I was not picked up by a driver, Lyft made it right with a very generous credit to my account immediately and an apology. I had an over-billing issue with a competing ride-share company and it took several days of frustration and emails to finally get the issue resolved. Lyft is always my first choice.

Cris Balmanno Riverton, UT

Pricing is much higher than other ride-sharing services, and it isn't clear what you're getting for the extra $$$ they charge.

Derrian Tallahassee, FL

I have always felt safe with Lyft and this is the only ride sharing comapny I use. I recently went on a trip to Las Vegas and the drivers were very polite and very organized when they were trying to pick us up from the resort we were staying at. Lyft takes alot of precaution with their drivers and looks into the background of them so the passengers are able to feel as comfortable as possible. With all of the recent events in the world, I wouldn't recommend any other company but Lyft! They also have promo codes frequently for new riders, and on holidays, which is great for riders to save a little money.

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

Everytime we've used the Lyft service they have been timely and showed up in clean and comfortable cars with adequate space for our people and luggage.

Steve Ashby Portland, OR

Only had great experiences with Lyft and I've been using them a lot more lately. Especially when I have to pay out of my own pocket. Drivers seem happier with the company than other rideshare companies.

Ann Choi New York, NY

I have been using Lyft for about 5 years now in New York City and San Francisco. I cannot recall any issues with the driver, car, or the driver's driving skills. Never had any unsafe encounters either (I am female in her 30's).

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Lyft is great at getting you where you want to be. Their drivers are courteous, they drive safely and the whole experience is top notch. I love the app and its so easy to navigate all the options. Payments are simple and service is always their first priority. Would definitely recommend Lyft to any daily ride share person.

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

I am a driver and rider with Lyft. I enjoy driving for the company to help put some extra change in my pocket, but they are also easy to ride with when you're in a big city like New Orleans and don't want to drive all over to get to certain destinations or when you are out of town and do not have a car. I recommend it to both riders and drivers!

debbie Pleasant Grove, UT

We really enjoy using Lyft. When it is available, we tend to use it more than other services because cars are generally more available. It is fun to talk to the drivers and get to meet people from all over. I have never felt unsafe, and the service has always been positive.

Suzanne Long Beach, CA

Sometimes mistakes happen. Lyft is very good about trying to make things right for their customers. There’s another problem though: Most people don’t like having to complain at all. Some people don’t know how to complain about a problem with the ride. Most millennial’s will not complain because they have better things to do than complain. With that being said, most experienced drivers are very nice very friendly very helpful and experiences are great but there are new drivers that don’t know what they’re doing they are people that are unsafe drivers in general and then you have them doing a Lyft and they’re even more dangerous these are things that all of us worry about and that’s just what we have to worry about when we get in a ride with a stranger. I don’t know if I should say this is a good thing or a bad thing it’s just your luck.

Travis Burroughs Salt Lake City, UT

I love Lyft! I have never waited more than a few short minutes, the drivers have all been great, super fun people to talk to. you can tell that they are happy and excited about what they are doing. not to mention Lyft is all about community I love that about them!

Destini Ferguson

Lyft is very helpful if transportation is limited for you. The pricing is also reasonable and much cheaper in comparison to other car share companies. I feel safe with all my drivers because i am able to see who is driving, the car, the license plate, and the route the driver is following. Riders are also able to rate the drivers, and you can change drivers if you feel the need too.

ave Pleasant Grove, UT

I have loved my experience with Lyft. They offer discount every once in awhile so I don't have to pay full price every time I catch a ride with one of their drivers. They also are reliable and the drivers are close by, so I haven't had to wait very long for a ride. I love the app and how it shows where the driver is and who it is, so you can feel reassured of who you are getting a ride from.

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

The best part using Lyft is the confidence to know that all their drivers are given a background check. I used Lyft for the first time in Atlanta, Georgia. I like Lyft because the app is easy to use and you actually see the cars driving around close to you and you get to pick which kind of car you want to use. It has changed how people get around big cities. I feel safe and confident in recommending Lyft to all my friends.

Jaylene Holcomb, NY

My experience with Lyft has been slightly above average. Living in a college town as a student with no car, it’s oftentimes difficult to travel. I have oftentimes turned around Lyft when I need to go somewhere fast. Although the app is sometimes difficult to navigate, it get’s the job done. My drivers have always been kind and courteous, and they always arrive within minutes. I am always impressed with the efficiency of this app!!! One time, I ordered a Lyft driver to come pick me up, but then I changed my mind and didn’t need a ride anymore. It was very simple and easy to cancel the request, and at no extra charge.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

My first experience using Lyft was from the airport in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It was a stress free easy way to see which vehicle I needed for my luggage and what kind of car I wanted. Being a first time user I even got a $5 discount for the first 2 times using Lyft. I would highly recommend using this service instead of going through the hassle of renting a car. I am a Lyft fan forever!

Starski Cene Vienna, VA

Keeping it simple is sometimes best, and Lyft has done that! Pros: - The app is clean and simple to use (no overabundance of ads and self-promotion) - Surge pricing is usually better than Uber - Customer service is top notch, and its a small sample size but in my opinion their drivers are a lot happier than Ubers Cons: - Not as many drivers as Uber so in rural areas, Lyft might not be available

Anne Kimball Salt Lake City, UT

We used Lyft especially when we are in the city. Often times we will want to avoid dealing with parking so we will all Lyft into the city together and it just makes the evening seamless. And we end up having a lot more time because we get dropped exactly where we need to be! The drivers have always been super good and helpful and will call if we are having trouble connecting. It's a great service.

James Pickard Murfreesboro, TN

Lyft are bottom feeding hacks that cheat their drivers by not providing transparency in their business model. They charge premium rates during peak times and busy locations but they don’t disclose to the driver the amount paid to them by the passenger…instead they pay the driver a base rate that is only 10% to 30% of the total fare.

Nia Beachwood, OH

I use to be a driver for lyft. I have a lot of issues with the app. They kept deactivating my account even tho I submitted all the proper documents and met all the requirements. I sent my pictures of my license and a selfie and they would not activate my account. I am a black young woman and have been discriminated against. Lyft is racist!! and I have friends who this has also happened too. I am very disappointed in the entire lyft staff. especially matt in support. God will take care of Lyft :-)

Ted Rock Island, IL

I use Lyft whenever I am in a big city. It is convenient and the app is super easy to use. Every ride has been good. The drivers have always been friendly.

AF ,

I've been happy with my experiences with Lyft. The cars have been clean and the drivers have been nice. I also think the app is easy to use and helpful. The only reason I like Uber more is that it feels like the Lyft drivers push you to tip. Whether I tip or don't tip... I just don't want to feel pressured to do it.

Matthew Wadley San Diego, CA

I love using Lyft when going out for dinner or drinks with my wife. Super easy to use and drivers are normally just 5 minutes away. For the most part, every driver is friendly and knows where they are going. Although the cost for a normal ride continues to go up we will still use them to go back and forth to our favorite restaurant and bars. I love getting reduced rates in my email from them and special promo's to keep using them. I recommend Lyft to all of my friends

Jadon Barre Dallas, TX

Lyft is a cheap and easy way to get place to place. The app is easy to navigate and I connected to my driver on an emotional level. I consider my driver Matt now as one of my close and personal friends.

Mandi Smith American Fork, UT

Lyft is very reliable and very safe. The drivers always get me where I need to go and never let me down. Lyft is comfortable and the drivers are always very nice and welcoming.

Cade Boudreaux , FL

I used Lyft once in New Orleans last year. My driver was late and I didn’t get to where I needed to get to in time. I personally would choose another driving service if I needed a ride.

Chris Plato

My phone was stolen and the thieves ordered car service for themselves and friends. I reported the fraudulent charges and had them close my account. But when I asked Lyft, to whom I was loyal, to reverse the charges they told me "tough luck" and that I should be more careful. I tried for weeks to get escalated to a manager but they refused. My emails were never read in their entirety and I was rudely responded to. Even when I had my credit card reverse the charges, Lyft fought back and insisted they be honored. I've become a valued Uber rider now.

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

Lyft has been an amazing car service to turn to. I’ve only had great experiences while using Lyft! Great drivers, clean cars, my husband decided to drive for them because they are a great company!

Ann Riverview, FL

Overall they had provided excellent service. Only one occasion, while in New York, had one guy for some reasons, refused to give me and my family a ride??! Do not know what's going on, oh then still charging me for that ride, on top of the penalty fee for not using him. It's weird.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

Recently used Lyft and was impressed with their pricing. It was cheaper than their other competitors so when I was in a big city like San Francisco, I used Lyft services most of the time. I highly recommend Lyft! Drivers were friendly and prompt with picking me up and dropping me off.