Bla Bla Bla Car is an international ride-sharing service which provides a trusted community marketplace. This community connects drivers with empty seats to passengers looking for a ride to specified destination. There are currently more than ten million people using the Bla Bla Car platform each quarter which results in a fresh, people-powered transport network. The Bla Bla Car staff provides quality customer service along with a number of other impressive services/features to both drivers and riders.
- Benefits for drivers and passengers
- Simple process
- Company metrics
- Reviews and rating system
Bla Bla Car has created a unique ride-sharing service that benefits both the driver/car owner and the passenger. If a driver is heading to a certain area and has an opening in their vehicle, they can help a traveler in need while also making a little bit of extra cash. The passenger, on the other hand, will be able to save time and money by utilizing this affordable option.
Those who wish to be a passenger in a vehicle will find that signing up and getting in the car is easier than expected. Passengers simply follow three easy steps which include:
- Finding a ride: Passengers enter their departure and arrival points on the Bla Bla Car site and then select a driver heading that same direction. If there is a question, passengers can directly communicate with drivers prior to booking.
- Book and Pay: Riders are then able to book and pay the ride fare all online. Passengers will receive the driver's contact information and they together can work out any final arrangements.
- Travel: After receiving the "booking code," passengers will provide this to the driver and then set off to the desired destination.
As a driver/owner of a car, Bla Bla Car also makes it easy to earn some extra money by helping out those in need of an inexpensive way to travel. For drivers, the process is equally simple. The four step process is broken down as follows:
- Offer a ride: Driver will need to enter the date and time, pick-up and drop-off points and include the desired price per passenger.
- Passengers will book and pay online: Once a passenger decides to book a seat in the car, the driver will automatically receive their phone number to arrange final details.
- Travel: Ask for the passengers' booking codes so that the payment transfer can take place after the ride.
- Request to transfer your funds: Drivers will simply enter the booking codes and request the money via the driver's preferred transfer method.
There have been questions regarding the Bla Bla Car network. Some are concerned that there will not be available rides/seats traveling to their desired general area. However, Bla Bla Car may be a much larger platform than most realize. Their company metric boast of the following facts:
- 30+ million members
- Operating in 22 countries
- 2+ million trips available at any given time
- Over 3 billion miles shared
- Millions of dollars in savings each year
- Estimated 1,000,000 tons of CO2 saved over last 12 months
- Over 15 million app downloads (on both Android and iPhone)
To prevent riders from having to sit through a road trip with a poor driver and vice versa, there is a review and ratings system available both through the app and the website. These ratings allow drivers and passengers to exchange ratings and keep the network from receiving a flood of poor drivers/riders.
- Not available in the U.S.
- Stranger danger
As of right now, Bla Bla Car is not available in the United States. It designed to service those internationally. More specifically, it is in place for travelers looking to save on transportation costs. Prior to getting started, users will notice that they need to select the country they are going to be traveling in. Countries in which Bla Bla Car can be found include:
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
While there is a ratings and screening system put in place, passengers will be traveling with complete strangers. While this can be a rewarding experience, there can also be dangers in that as well. Passengers need to make sure to be cautious as they plan their trips.