Carvana Logo

7.0

thomas pinkerton Redding, CA

So far I have nothing but issues with the service. The car has damage that was not reported when I bought the car. I had to pay hundreds of dollars to have the car delivered to my home and then the driver they hired refused to deliver the car to my home and I'm getting no type of resinable compensation for the treatment from the driver they hired (the driver they hired told me he owns the transport company so he will deliver my car when he wants to and told me to f off then hung up on me he was also in violation per carvanas employee of his contract with me and them but nothing comes of it to make things right with the customer.) Now they are telling me I have to go get a bunch of extra things done to the car to complete the registration. No one has ever said anything about any of this to me. Then I call to ask questions on the paperwork and get told less then 5 minutes wait time we'll 25 minutes later and I get put back on hold to revive no help because the person who is answering the line for the registration help dose not know the answer and can't get the answer for me.

Kane Kenworthy Indianapolis, IN

They are very specific with what they will repair on your vehicle. I had a significant amount of rust on the frame and requested help with paying for repair and prevention, but they declined. They also automatically charge $350 for title and registration. My fees totaled $182. I requested to have my specialty plates transferred and they never communicated that they couldn't, and after talking to a rep for a while, he explained that they won't cover the $40 specialty cost, which is still significantly less than $350. They went ahead and sent me registration for normal plates but never communicated that they didn't do the transfer. Overall, I got what I wanted, but with lots of red tape, and little explanation.

Judith Everts Celina, OH

I love my new car and believe I got a fair trade in value for my old one, however I did experience some problems with Carvana. I was told that in Indiana a new plate/registration would take about 2 weeks. I got my new registration after 7 weeks, three days after my temporary plates expired. No new plate came with it. I contacted Carvana and they said I was supposed to keep my old plate. The driver that delivered my new car and took my old one said no trip to the BMV was required, that they handled all of that. He made no mention of removing my old plates. So here I am off the the BMV to find out how much it will cost me for a replacement plate. I'm not very happy about all this, however, everything else went smoothly and I got exactly the car I wanted.

Tom S

I was in the process of purchasing a vehicle and had my delivery date scheduled. During Carvana's prep of the vehicle, they identified a potentially critical engine issue. They immediately contacted me, advised they were bringing the vehicle to the dealer for diagnosis and repair and offered ne the options of waiting to see the outcome of the dealer findings or I could go back into their website and if I located an alternate vehicle, they would handle all charges and contact updates. I have since found another vehicle and it is scheduled to be delivered next week.

Giovanni hernandez Brooklyn, NY

I love carvana. I had bought a car before hand and its was a great experience , got it the day i was suppose to ,great car , but as of recent they have been slacking , ordered a car and suppose to come on sept 2 , got an email a day before and had the delicery delayed. Then again delayed , then was reccomended to a diferent car, so i did, and same thing. Was suppose to get it on the 16 of september, and it got delayed till sept 30 , and thats if it ready by then, what im trying to say is they should really keep the delivery date as how one is suppose to get it delivered , i sold my other car thinking it would be coming, now i have no car at all ,still waiting for my new one to come by

Linda Indianapolis, IN

I recently sold my Mazda Miata. All the other avenues to sell a pristine car were awful. Low balling me. Condescending. Arrogant. Dismissive. Enter Carvana! The process was simple, painless and fun! Yes fun! I got $2000 more than anyone else I went to without a hassle. From drop off to home with check in hand took 25 minutes. 💜 Carvana!

Jacque Payson, AZ

The process of purchasing the vehicle was easy and enjoyed the vending machine experience with no haggle dealing. However, when we got it home, we were sad to see the oil was filthy and had to have an oil change and there was no fluid in the windshield wiper tank which caused our first warning light to go on. Grateful it was just wiper fluid. I would have thought all the fluids would have been checked and oil changes made if needed before selling the vehicle.

Debbie K

I got a great deal on my car, it was delivered promptly, and the experience had been great until my temporary registration was due to expire. I called today to find out that my car's permanent registration will not be completed until a week after the 45 day temporary plate expires. I was on the phone with them for almost an hour and all they could do was offer to reimburse me for an Uber or a rental during the period my car would be unregistered. Why would it take more than 45 days to register a car in CT? It's ridiculous and it has adversely affected my opinion of the Carvana buying process. I am not happy and would no longer recommend Carvana for CT buyers.

Naya Tallahassee, FL

Carvana is a nice website because it allows you to view various cars within certain criteria and buy that vehicle if you like it. I think another great part of this website would be the fact that they ship the vehicle to you and if you are unhappy they will also help with that. I think a downside would be not being able to see the vehicle in person.

Morgan Tennant Shelley, ID

Carvana is a great resource to look for cars, however, there is often a very large fee to get the car delivered if you don't live near a dealership.

Matthew Wolfe Morganton, NC

over 180 days now since they delivered the car and I paid for it and still no title or state registration. They have lost and misplaced so much paperwork. They only make excuses. And customer service takes forever to get ahold of.

Stacey Schuler San Antonio, TX

Buyer beware! Promises were made during the 7 day "try out" period, but once the car was mine, I didn't have any luck getting those promises taken care of. My car allegedly went through an inspection before I took ownership of it, but that obviously wasn't done. On the first day I drove the car, the oil light went on and I smelled burning rubber. I had to take it to a dealership where the back tires were found to be terribly worn and had 2 screws in one tire. I was told the car was too dangerous to drive because the tire could blow out. Since it is a foreign car that I purchased, it could not be serviced at the dealerships that Silver Rock provided, so I had to pay deductibles each time I brought it in because it was out of network. I was going to turn the car in but was promised the problems would be resolved so I kept it. The endless calls and long waits to get someone to help you is anything but convenient, quite the misnomer. To make things worse, the communication between Carvana and Silver Rock is horrible. Despite having a recent text message from Silver Rock stating that one of my car issues was approved, they reneged on it when I scheduled with the dealership and will end up having to pay out of pocket for it (around $450 total). It's so disappointing and frustrating. I have had the car for four months and am still trying to get the things that were promised to me resolved, to no avail. I cannot recommend this company and plan to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

S McC Old Fort, NC

Purchased a car (2014 BMW) from Carvana two weeks ago. The process was long, but expected that. When dealing with customer service reps, everyone was helpful and polite. However, when the car was dropped off, my husband tried to adjust the mirrors and the back windows kept going up and down, he asked the Carvana driver about it, but he said all he could do was make a note of it and we could try to take it to a certified mechanic to get fixed. The mirrors didn’t work either. Of course, a certified mechanic was 100 miles away, then we realize that the change oil light was on, saying it was due for an oil change in October 2020! So, obviously no true inspection occurred on this car like they said it did. We’re within the 7 days and they’re coming to pick it up on Monday. A complete racquet. Too much trouble and not worth the time and money. Do not use Carvana! They will screw you over!!

Sherry Maloney Aurora, CO

Purchased a car 2 years ago-best experience ever! So much so, we returned to purchase a truck! Worst experience ever! Deceived on repairs truck their website said had been done, never was! Delivered with no emissions which requires a weight also dumped on us. They covered the repairs thru warranty, again a hassle in itself. Now won't pass emissions because warranty repair left computer unhooked & can't connect to emissions machine. Now have to wait for another appointment to take for computer reset then back to emissions & hope it passes next time. All during Covid with an at-risk family member at home! My advice, don't do it!

Sharinda Hunter Waterbury, CT

I was so happy to be referred to Carvana by my friends daughter. My happiness turned to frustration and aggravation. 12/18 I purchased a 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage with 5414mi which broke down within 3 and 1/2 hours of me purchasing it. All Carvana could say is "I'm sorry that happened to you!" I could've been driving on the highway! l replied and all I got was crickets! Oh the Country behind Silver Rock Associate instead of sending the car to Carvana Windsor CT she gives the Eastwood Tow driver Carmax address! SMH!! I was extremely disappointed in this Company but... I needed a car so I was up a creek. Round 2 I2/24 Christmas Eve my 2nd car arrives a 2017 Hyundai Accent with 52233mi its a beauty!! It drives wonderfully and everything works..now comes time to register. I thought Caravana was supposed to handle this process! Not so apparently if your in the State of CT and you have an out of state car you have to get a VIN INSPECTION done by law enforcement! This is such an inconvenience especially since in the City of Waterbury our police officers are so [email protected]@#backwards!!Ughh! Everything is blamed on the COV-ID 19!! C'mon Carvana if your going to be sending cars from Georgia you guys need to have your Dealers License!! So this does'nt slow down the registration process.

Jeffrey Doxsee Orlando, FL

I’d give it a zero if I could. Avoid at all cost, George W who runs Orlando and Carvana in general are dishonest, poor customer service and could car less about you. I Ordered a car from Carvana, Delivered Dec 29. On Dec 30 I placed a. Order to swap the car out due to it not being as described and running rough. I have yet to be able to return the car or get the new one. The replacement was supposed to be here almost a week ago. However when it arrived to the hub it was broke and not running, so rather than bring it to the dealer it went to pep boys. Who “fixed” it, well the wrong issue because appraisal it was never actually fixed. So it was sent to the dealer, George W has said for the last several days I’ll get a ETA. Still nothing. Best of all I cannot get anyone to set up a return on the first car, inside sales was supposed to call me and noting for days, so now I have a car in the driveway with no insurance on it that Carvana won’t take back and their “management “ refuses to help facilitate it, a car on my insurance that George and Carvana cannot even tell me when I could even see the car and no custom service to even help rectify it. Best of all, Was George Wright response basically stating if I don’t want to sit and wait for the Second car, they would force me to keep the first broke car even though I have already signed the contract on the new car and put insurance on it and contacted him, customer service and Management to get the car. I’ve never seen such lack of customer service and overall care so much before in my life. The best part is, there is no end in site as you cannot get ahold of anyone in Orlando or online. A better car buying experience right!!!!!!

Kayla Phillips Quincy, IL

I am very dissatisfied with this company. If you’re considering buying a car from them do NOT do it. I was sold a car that broke down 6 MONTHS after driving it. It clearly was not inspected the way they say their vehicles are. I now need a whole new engine for my car. Carvana refused to do anything about it and was very careless. The extended warranty I PAID FOR also did not cover my vehicle. I feel like this is a scam and I will never spend money here again NOR recommend to anyone. Anyone who says they’re thinking about buying a car from here I will make sure they don’t. I can’t believe this is how a company would treat an essential working nurse during a pandemic that now has no car to get to work. Never again.

grafittibob Chicago, IL

Carvana is great at wasting your time! It’s quick and easy to pick you vehicle. The fun part is waiting months for it to arrive due to “cosmetic damage” that was supposedly received while in transit. (You’d think they would be able to transport a car without damaging it, but whatever). The day it was supposed to arrive, they called me and told me that the car wouldn’t start and that I should just pick another one. This is after waiting over a month, signing up for insurance, and anxiously awaiting my ride. If you need a car quickly, I would my cautious using Carvana. Maybe others have had good experiences, but mine was far from that. Guess I’ll be looking for another dealer this afternoon. Thanks for wasting my time!

Melissa Gonzalez Orlando, FL

If you don't get the vehicle checked in 7 days. Your screwed. I had to wait for a appointment due to covid. When I did go for my appointment to make sure the SUV was good. I was told I had bad brakes. Carvana had me call the warranty company, who did not cover it. After multiple attempts to get a answer from Carvana, I was stuck paying $754 for brakes and rotors. Not only was this deceitful it was extremely dangerous to put me on the road with bad brakes. I will NOT recommend Carvana to anyone I know. Not happy!

Corrine Hingham, MA

Carvana made the whole experience so easy. The delivery person was fantastic., answering all of our questions we had about the car . Highly recommend !!!

Curtis Lawson Reno, NV

I'd give ZERO stars if I could but I couldn't click submit without giving one star. Trash. Carvana should be named Catfish. The absolute rusted piece of junk this company tried to sell me is nothing short of literally, a catfish. I flew all the way to Vegas after no one reaches out to me to tell me my car WON'T be delivered to my house 'due to covid.' When I got there, I laid my eyes on the ugliest rusted Infiniti Ive ever seen in my life. NEVER, EVER buy a car from here IF it's from any 'rust' states (OH, IL, NY, EAST COAST in general) I guarantee this Catfish company got this piece of trash as a trade-in and tried to make over 16K profit on me. Absurd, ridiculous, atrocious, shameful. This company should be ashamed of themselves as I have not one clue HOW they are still in business. I wish I could post the photos of the car they tried to sell me so potential buyers can see what I am talking about. WAY more dings than the 'imperfections' listed online. The bolts in the engine were so rusted a mechanic wouldn't even work on it as they would easily snap off. BS. This company is a lying bunch of unorganized thieves. DO NOT BUY YOUR CAR HERE, you will waste your precious time and hard-earned money.

Disappointed Mike Marietta, GA

Ordered a White 2013 Toyota rav4 through Carvana for $16,900 with 14,414 miles,Waited about 3 days, then 30 minutes before arrival delivery driver called and said it is filled with mold smell. We told them to cancel it. 1 day later the same car is back on the sight for 1k less and has a buyer. Car 2 we agreed to reserve a 2017 toyota rav 4 for same price with 20k miles on it. They sent us a picture of an aqua blue say its in inspection stage and have to wait for purchase, wife was excited. We wait for 2 days for the inspection and more pics. They finally send actual pics and it is such a dark blue that it looks black. We turn it down, then try for car number 3 which the they say delivery date is now December 26th. ( note-we're trying to buy before years end and the 7 days would put us into the new year at best) after reviewing the sight now all the better deals are in pending sale state. Very disappointed at the unprofessional team who inspected car number 1 whom they say it was not in a flood ( lots of questions)

Duane Trenton, TX

That they are willing to help return the vehicle if it doesn’t fit or if something is wrong! I’m really upset that we have had to cars in two weeks and now we have wait yet another week for a third car! It’s not our fault the first two cars have something wrong with them! So I’m stuck at home another week waiting on another vehicle hoping and praying that it comes with no motor light on! I think after what we went through we should have another vehicle by Monday!

Chris bell , GA

I bought a car from Carvana last week and I’m really disappointed right now. The car I received had too many issues that I should not have to deal with. For starters the interior was dirty from the headliner to the hard surfaces, behind the seats, etc. Next there’s a nail in the tire and shaking when driving over 40mph also shake when braking. The delivery process was honestly the best part of the of all this. Can’t really say I’ll stay or get another car from Carvana.

Steve Beisner Santa Barbara, CA

The pre-sales experience was just fine, but the post-sales support, specifically from Carvana's service arm, "SilverRock" was like having a root canal. Three weeks after I was assured they were going to take care of the problems flagged by the Carvana "customer advocate" when I picked up the car, the repair shop is still waiting for "final approval" from SilverRock to fix my car; meanwhile I'm without the vehicle while it sits in their shop. They've delayed, lost paperwork, made mistakes, and lied. Until Carvana replaces SilverRock with a competent organization I'd recommend people avoid doing business with them.

Erick Antioch, CA

Do not buy from Carvana unless you are gonna get the vehicle inspected buy a body shop and mechanic. I bought a vehicle less then six months ago and the paint Literally chipping away so I took it to a body shop and they told me the vehicle was in some kind of front end accident and was repaired very poorly and told me that Carvana should have disclosed that with me after they did their inspection because he said that anybody that is trained to do an inspection should have caught on to all the telltale signs that the vehicle was in an accident and was never reported to Carfax but insteadCarvana refuse to help me and we’re extremely rude about it even though they failed to properly inspect the vehicle like they claim stay away good service when buying the vehicle horrible service after

don smith Minot, ND

I purchased a car from carvana and thought this is great and was very happy....then came the delivery nightmare, after I paid the down payment they told me I was out of delivery zone so they would have to get third party to deliver it...no problem I was insured I would receive daily updates on the status of my delivery if I downloaded the app and they would also text me daily to let me know what was happening...It has now been 7 days since papaerwork was signed and payment made I have not heard a word from carvana on delivery update the app has my delivery address in texas and I am in North Dakota I called on this and was put on hold for 20 min then someone came on and said do not worry the app is wrong..then why do you have app...no place on app or website can you look up delivery status... I am in a rental right now and need to either change my return date or at least get an update on when my car will be shipped as far as I can tell it is still just sitting there and they are planning to charge me my first payment even it car has not arrived yet...great customer service to get you to buy after that good luck

LargePizza Lakeland, FL

Buying a car from Carvana was convenient and easy. However, the fuel door completely fell off of my 2017 Jeep Cheeokee after owning just two weeks and they would not honor the 100day warranty saying that the issue was completely “cosmetic”. I owned a 2018 Jeep Cheeokee before this one and know how to use the fuel door. The previous owner probably didn’t and damaged it. The car was sold to me damaged and Carvana will not accept that $25 responsibility. They are not helpful if you need something done under warranty. Like all places who are in it to make a dollar they do anything they can not to honor any type of warranty work. I am very disappointed in Carvana.

Bryan Honings Veneta, OR

Hi my name is Bryan and I recently purchased an M35h. The last four of the VIN is ****. This is going to be a mixed review; there were many ups and downs throughout the whole process. We currently reside in Oregon and we drove about 10 hours to California to pick up our potential certified used car. Our Carvana advocate, TJ, was early and was very professional, friendly, and informative. What we liked most about TJ throughout the process was his great personality and his ease at which he handled our newly purchased vehicle; high praise for TJ! Before signing the contract with TJ however, we looked over the car and inspected it for visual scratches, structural integrity, tires, etc. Honestly, neither myself nor my husband found anything immediately wrong with the car; not even 30 minutes into driving this car did we find out that the climate control heater did not operate at all, nor was the coolant fluid filled up or topped off before or after Carvana’s said 150 point inspection. To be frank, it is still questionable whether or not an inspection was actually done there’s no proof whatsoever that the individual who was stated to have done the inspection actually did the inspection. My question is, what did your guys actually check? The disclosed scuff marks that you guys so said we’re on the steering wheel was actually heavy dirt, had somebody actually taking the time to remove it. That’s just one sad example of your guy’s commitment to quality control. On our way home, we had to visit Infiniti of Roseville to buy coolant which cost $20 out-of-pocket, we had to purchase $50 worth of windshield wipers out of pocket, a wheel alignment out of pocket, and you also gave us a second intelligent key that does not work. I think it’s absolutely deplorable that you allow a company to fix the aforementioned, yet all of these could have been avoided had a true 150 point inspection been conducted. To be fair, we feel that even though many issues have arisen, Silverrock fixed the issues. We are still in the process of receiving our refund for the above purchases. Unfortunately, due to where we currently live, we have to drive three hours to the nearest Infiniti dealership as Nissan is unable to do any sort of warranty work. Due to this, our car was not able to be serviced until Monday after we purchased the car (which was on a Wednesday), so we had one more day available for our 7 Day Test drive test trial. Honestly, we should have returned the car, but we did not because this particular model is what we wanted, we love the car in general, we love its capabilities, and we were not trying to make another 20 hour round-trip in two vehicles, to come home empty-handed. Fast forward to present day, our brand new Carvana car was in the shop for a total of 10 full days. After taking the car to the Infiniti dealership in Beaverton, Oregon, they realized that there was a clog in the heater core AND the automatic transmission cooler, as well they had to replace the thermostat and a rear sub-frame hydraulic bushing. Carvana also sold us a car that had a failed third brake light which, in the state of California, is illegal. I feel it’s high time that your better business bureau rating went down from an A+ to a B-. I can’t imagine what it’s like for somebody who does not have any sort of car expertise, someone who does not know what to look for, and someone who unsuspectingly trusts your word to find out that nothing you have promised is accurate or true. The only part of this process that was awesome was the part where we got our car delivered in California, meeting TJ, and the customer service that we’ve received through Carvana, bridgecrest, and SilverRock. In the future, we will make sure to have our own professional inspection done on any car we are interested in. I would like it to be noted that as a prior military service member, I fought for this country so we can live in a free country with millions of benefits throughout society. I fought for the little guy, the ones who can’t protect themselves, and I fought for those who don’t have a voice. I fought for the opposite of what Carvana provided. You provided the means to purchase a car, but what you truly provided was inconsistency, misinformation, shotty work, and a miss-use of the public’s trust. I give Carvana 2 stars: one solely on the basis that TJ represented your company to a “T” as well as your customer service throughout this entire process. I would give one more star if there was a video of an individual performing the 150 point inspection, I would give another had these issues been addressed within the day, and a fifth star for correcting this major lapse in business practices, i.e. compensation for the 6 hours spent driving to the repair facility TWICE, time lost at work while coordinating the repairs, etc. Thank you, Bryan.

Hiljayc1 Durango, CO

BUYER BEWARE. GO TO A DEALER IN PERSON AND SKIP THIS HASSLE. I recently purchased a car through Carvana. the initial purchase seemed easy and quick. I am happy with my car, but the service that this company has is not up to standards, and I had to spend $150 out of pocket to get the car driveable. The communication, or lack there of was the first of many issues. They are trying to be accommodating and use text for correspondence, which would be nice if they actually replied...When I texted questions, they went unanswered. I had been told my car would be delivered by a third party and they would contact me in advance. I was contacted at 5.10pm on the day my car arrived and was told that it would arrive within the hour. Thankfully I was in town, but we did have to change our schedule to ensure we could meet the driver. Three hours later the driver arrived and it was pitch black out, but could see that the car was covered in white powder and scratches everywhere. We took it to a professional detailer the next day, and found that the windows were covered in a strange goo like substance that left the windows all smeared and impacted the ability to see through it for driving. This had to be professionally buffed off. This cost $150. I did try to get Carvana to cover this, but they didnt seem to even listen to what I was saying, just that the pictures didnt show enough damage... the issue was that there was a goo on the windows. I also want to note that the car arrived and I didnt have a license plate for nearly 24 hours. I called and requested one and it was sent with the wrong name. They also claimed to have brand new tires on the front. This is untrue. They are about 50% worn. Although I am happy with my car, I would never use Carvana again, nor would I recommend it to anyone. Most photos included are after the car was washed, but show the goo and the scratches.

Michael Taylor Long Beach, MS

Might the best car buying experience ever. Easy to use website, large selection, friendly customer service, and best buying experience (no pushy salesmen.) Bought from them this summer and it was a great experience.

Raven Tehachapi, CA

There is no way Carvana provides a pre-purchase vehicle inspection. I had to go through 3 cars before I found one in acceptable condition. Even then, none of the fluids and filters weren't changed, the battery was dead and tires were bald. There were a host of cobwebs in the engine compartment. The 3rd car was low mileage, and in fairly good condition, so I opted to keep the car and do all the maintenance myself. The registration was a nightmare, where I finally demanded they send me all the paperwork, so I could register the vehicle myself. What a pain... I will never purchase a vehicle online ever again.

April Hayes Tallahassee, FL

This company is awesome! I have no complaints. I knew my down payment when i selected the car i wanted. I only needed proof of insurance if i wanted the car delivered to my front door.

Stephanie Eggers

So far its been kind of rough...they had an excuse for drop off being when they promised. The vehicle came with damage that was not mentioned, the vehicle was not cleaned inside or outside. Honestly not sure why they would even offer a car for sale in the condition it was in.

Alanna Kennedy Norwalk, CT

If you are purchasing a car in CT be aware they give you a temp plate which will expire about 3 weeks before the real plate arrives. They will not extend the temp plate for you. You will not be legally allowed to drive the car. They are aware of the delays getting plates but won’t tell you

Penny Gartland Magnolia, NJ

I thought Carvana was awesome at first. I found I car I loved, they delivered it without any problems. They are supposed to make it convenient to get your tags and registration mailed to you. Until they didn't. My temporary tags expired on 10/11/19. Today is the 29th and I still don't have them and I am driving illegally. I have called numerous times and I get the run around or just disconnected. Now they are saying next week. Carvana sent a POA form that needed to be signed and notarized immediately for the DMV. I sent it back the next day. They had it for almost 2 weeks before they forwarded it to the DMV. I would think they would put a rush on this since they are the ones that are so overdue. They even told me to go to DMV and ask for duplicate reg and tags for a small fee. That wasn't true. The DMV said I couldn't get duplicates since I haven't gotten any originals in the first place. This has completely disappointed me with Carvana. Starting to wish I just would have gone through a dealer because this has become a nightmare.

Kelly Blairsville, GA

Shopping was easy. Purchase was quick. Delivery was on time. Kia Soul was like new. I don't have good credit and was able to buy a car when no one else would have let me get a loan.

keith La Vernia, TX

Car buying was easy. However the car arrived over a week late with a flat tire. Promised $200 rebate that we never received. The car has mismatched tires and one tire is a directional tire that was put on backwards. The tires they did not change didn't last more than 1000 miles. All 4 rotors are warped. There is no way this BMW could've possibly passed the inspection they say they put it through. Very disappointed in their misrepresentation of the vehicle and the inspection process. On top of that you will never get anyone from Carvana to call you back after your purchase go through.

Stephanie Quinn Austin, TX

My Carvana buying experience has been in a word, frustrating. I was initially very excited by the process - They make it fairly simple to check out the cars you are interested in, choose one and set the wheels in motion toward making your purchase. When I went to pick up my car the agent helping me let me know that there was some damage on the car that had not been reported in the way of "chemical stains" on the windshield. But, in the same breath assured me that their maintenance department would reach out within a day or so to set up a time to either fix or replace the windshield. Two weeks later i've never heard from anyone about this and have followed up now a half dozen times. Clearly unacceptable. The second issue I discovered upon entering the car for the first time is that there was a strong smoke smell. I asked the Carvana Agent about that and she said "oh, do you smell smoke? I only smell leather cleaner." Yes, I sure do, it wasn't a faint smell, the car smelled like an old bar. So she reminded me that I can take the car for 7 days to try and invited me to take it to the detailer of my choice to have it cleaned and offered to reimburse me for that. I was able to have it detailed that day to no avail, the smell remained. Later that day I went back onto the website to start looking for the most similar car I could find in order to initiate the swap. I found one that I liked and set up delivery of the car as soon as possible. A cool perk here is that I would not have to go back to the dealership to pick it up, a Carvana Agent would deliver the car to my house, cool. Well, when it arrived it was the wrong color. But, that did give me an opportunity to have face time with an Agent. He was apologetic about the mishaps, was able to smell the car and was shocked by how bad it was, it game a chance to revisit the windshield issue and get help with finding ANOTHER car. He also took photos of all of the receipts for money spent on trying to clean the car up and get rid of the odor. When he left he assured me that I would hear from him later that day on having an ionizer treatment done to remove the smell, to have the windshield repaired and to be reimbursed for my expenses. I felt great after that visit, until I never heard from him again. Although I did hear from an ionizer and he came to clean the car which took a couple of hours. It smells better but not good. Either way where they heck did my Agent go!!!!! Fast forward three more days, I order ANOTHER CAR which is set to be delivered this coming Monday. But, never saw any emails or confirmations for it - I popped onto the website to make sure things were ok and realized they had made a mistake and were sending me THE WRONG CAR. This is where I am in the process currently. I still have the original car. No one including the Agent that visited my house has ever followed up with me - I have had to do the following up each and every step along the way. When I explained over Carvana chat all of the issues that had occurred the response was basically, "oh bummer, but, totally hope things get better soon." That is unprofessional and after the amount of curveballs thrown here I would certainly expect a more thorough response than that. Where is the Carvana Management Team? Buying a car, no matter how easy, is a big deal. It's a big purchase and one that should not be strung with question marks. At this point, Carvana is a question mark for me and i am unhappy with their standards. Come on Carvana.....

Kevin Springfield, MA

I’m giving them 2 stars just because the car was delivered on time, I really like the car, and it was a quick/easy process. But the car arrived with a stain on the 2nd row seat and cigarette burn it looks like. Also a yellow stain on the back of one of the 2nd row seats. The 3rd row seating area with cup holders were dirty like it was never cleaned after usage. Also dirt and marks on the inside of the back liftgate. And finally scratches on the back of the 3rd row seats. None of these were shown in the pictures they had on the listing. During the process of transporting my car to me, someone had backed into something and cracked the tail light while also scratching the corner of the vehicle in multiple spots. They let me know about it an hour before it was delivered and they gave me options on whether to take it back to get fixed and receive it a week later or just continue delivery and they’ll give me options to get it fixed from there. I wanted the car so decided to have it delivered and go from there. They said to send them an email back with an estimate from a shop to fix the tail light. But, they are treating the scratches as if they were already on the car and said “we apologize that the car arrived with more imperfections that weren’t listed on the website”. For the scratches they only offered me a check for $150. I got an estimate today that’ll cost $515 to fix them! I’m not paying to fix something they did to the car while transporting it to me. They also offered a check for $100 to go towards detailing the car but why am I not receiving a car that is completely clean inside?? Plus that won’t even cover the detail! Waiting to hear back from customer service again. We’ll see what happens.

Bchell Midvale, UT

We had to purchase a vehicle last minute a year ago. Used car prices were so high. But then we found Carvana. Wow what a difference. Not only do they have amazing customer service. But the cars are exactly as how they say. Plus it's very fun to put your coin in and watch your car come down the vending machine. Absolutely love this idea!

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

I believe carvana is the best up and coming store for used cars. I purchased an almost brand new mustang through carvana and the process was so easy and favorable. They have a wonderful selection and all the details you'd need.

Bro OrangeTreez Albuquerque, NM

CHECK BBB FOR COMPLAINTS!!! I have never had such a horrible experience buying a car. The car was wrecked on its way to me. FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. They never disclosed the 3000$ repair that they had to due not to mentioned they reposted before the car was even repaired. Plan on waiting on the phone for hourS while they have you do all their footwork. I will NEVER buy noR recommend EVER. BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE!!! CHECK BETTER BUSINESS BUREA FOR ALL THE COMPLAINTS

Hilary Schenectady, NY

My husband found a car he liked on Carvana and paid a $100 deposit to "reserve" it. He was told they would bring the car to him for a test drive within 3 days. After 5 days he called and was told the car "has already been sold". Also, Carvana had been unable to supply pictures of the actual car supposedly for sale, which seemed very fishy. And the icing on the cake? Turns out the $100 was NON-REFUNDABLE, although it does NOT say that anywhere we could find. Run, do not walk away from Carvana.

Vaedyx III Port Saint Joe, FL

This company is ridiculously incompetent. I could go on about the issues and how I’ve bought my vehicle over 4 MONTHS AGO and STILL do not have my plates, but today I called asking for the 4rth time for new temp plates because they expire tomorrow. I’m a military fire fighter so I work 48 hr shifts I can’t wait till tomorrow to get it. They apparently added a random new policy so they can’t give you the temp plates till the day of. This company is ridiculous and a huge waste of money. I highly recommend looking literally anywhere else.

J B Elmsford, NY

HORRIBLE! DO NOT PURCHASE - save yourself a headache! We purchased our car the first week of June which was delivered to us in NY, our temp Georgia plate expired 8/9/20. We have no plates, no registration - NOTHING! Their customer service reps do not tell you any information other than it was submitted to DMV and check your dashboard. WELL my dashboard says ZERO days left! I also ran my vin through the NY state DMV to check on the registration and title status and there is NOTHING. I did a free vin/title search and it states the car has a title in Ohio issued 6/30/20! They will kiss you butt until the 7 days is over, after that you are on your own. Please just go to the dealership and buy a car!! DONT give carvana your money - they are horrible The car also did not come detailed at ALL! There was dog hair EVERYWHERE, garbage between the seats, sticky substance on the dashboard - it was disgusting. The gas tank door was broken and the inside door handle was peeling - none of which was mentioned.

Tom Drzal Columbus, OH

Carvana has a slick buying experience & delivery to your home. Plus a 7 day guarantee. All this is great if the car in their touted technically superior pictures is accurate. Plus their inspection process and informing you of defects 100% accurately. Many are happy. Mine was a complete disaster. Pictures showed a show-room high shine & listed as 3 minor imperfections - which I agree were minor on the car. However, Carvana did not inform that the hood, 2 fenders & 2 doors had been repaired and repainted - poorly. Plus the bumper was missing a huge piece and had a 5″ tear. Oh, and 20+ other imperfections. Paint over-spray all over the car. I had two separate body shops validate and estimated $7K to repair and repaint. Customer service is a joke. Once you have the car delivered and file a complaint, you will sit on hold for hours and advocates are powerless robots on the other end. I tried to work with Carvan. I uploaded 70+ pictures, 3 word documents explaining and the two body shop estimates. Promised 3 times a leader/manger would call back - nothing. No apology at all. Buck up and try a local dealer. You can view on-line, haggle on-line & go drive/see the car. Plus an actual human to discuss any issues. Plus still waiting for Carvana to return my funds - they said maybe in 15 days! They delivered car on a Sat & removed funds on following Monday. As a note, Carvan leadership was just busted for insider trading & one of the founders is a convicted felon from the Savings & Loan mess. I wish I had known this as I never would do business with this kind of leadership. Bu I guess it explains my experience as leadership bad behaviors & ethics usually trickle within the entire organization.

Jeannette Smith Philadelphia, PA

Great first time car buying experience. However still waiting to be reimbursed for car inspection. Everytime I call no one seems to know why I would have to get my car inspected. Been waiting for months now for close to one hundred dollars

Chad Petty Albuquerque, NM

I started the process of selecting and buying a car on Saturday. After attempting to secure the car I wanted and deliver their paperwork I ended up on hold for 45 minutes waiting for an "advocate". I spent another 30 minutes on the phone with her. While on hold closing time occurred and she hung up on me with unfinished work. Over the course of Sunday and Monday, I battle through their system (20-40 minute hold times, people who cant review documents and people that are unable to make decisions)to attempt to get the car. By the end of the day on Monday, I finally got a 3rd person (that day) that could review ALL of the paperwork. At that point, he set the delivery for Friday Afternoon. Friday arrived and I received a message that they could not deliver it that day. They also will NOT allow me to travel to pick it up. When I asked the agent on the phone why they would set a date they could not meet she said he never should have set that time and date. Unless buyers can travel to see the car and pick it up in person I suggest you buy anywhere else. This is not "transparency" or "simplifying car buying" at all.

David Krzesni Fredonia, AZ

Absolutely horrendous experience trying to get the car registered and the customer service is absolutely terrible. I've spent hours and hours on hold or waiting in their webchat. They consistently do not directly answer questions or provide solutions and then just leave the webchat. I purchased the car and had it delivered in NM but needed to register in California. When I bought the car they told me I would have to drive to California for a smog inspection when things re-open (due to COVID). When receiving the car, I was told I would also need a VIN inspection but that I could do that in NM. After attempting to do that at the local motor vehicles department, I was told I also had to do it in CA. Since I had to go for the smog test anyway, I was OK with that and planned to make the drive (10hrs each way) once the services opened. I started getting tons of emails every day from Carvana about potential fees and fines if I didn't get the registration documents. It took hours on hold and multiple webchat sessions for them to acknowledge and confirm that I could wait until the DMV was open in California. As soon as it did reopen, I drove to California and completed the inspections. According to the website, the smog test could be scanned and uploaded and they needed the original copy of the VIN inspection mailed. I did both and I sent the VIN inspection using the prepaid envelope they sent. The VIN inspection has been lost in the mail for weeks and they have no tracking information on the label they sent. The customer service keeps blaming me for not recording the tracking number. Now I am going to have to drive back to California for another VIN inspection. But the worst part is their customer service continually provides wrong or inconsistent information, makes you wait in very long queues, and does not acknowledge your issues or complaints. I suspect it's semi-automated even once you get past the part that is openly automated because they often just repeat the same few lines even when you ask for more details or explain something further. I would strongly suggest avoiding this company!