CarGurus

7.5

For anyone looking to shop for and compare new or used cars online, CarGurus is one of the more popular sites with more than three million used car listings and over 450,000 listings for new cars. The automotive research and shopping website was launched in 2006 by Langley Steinert, former co-founder of the TripAdvisor, the world's largest online travel site. Today, CarGurus claims to get more average daily traffic than major competitors AutoTrader™, Cars.com™, KBB.com™ and Edmunds.com™

CarGurus.com prides itself on providing unbiased price transparency data to help make consumers smarter and more empowered when shopping for vehicles online. Millions of new, used, and certified preowned cars are analyzed by the search engine on the website to rank the best cars available on price savings. Over 15 million visitors per month shop for vehicles online at CarGurus.com.

The Good

• Compare Prices and Features
  • Large Car Listing
  • Question and Answer Board

CarGurus.com uses mathematical algorithms to analyze and compare prices and features on cars for sale. Its main selling point is transparency during the buying and selling process by providing the data and information consumers need to make smart, empowered car buying decisions. Their free shopping engine analyzes millions of car listings to give you instant guidance on the best deals in your area. All that is required is for you to plug in your zip code and the car you want, and CarGurus shows you which listings are great deals and which ones you should avoid.

CarGurus' unique feature is its question and answer board. This is an online community forum where car buyers can post questions on any auto-related topic. You have to sign in to the website to set up a profile to post a question, but the board is free and open to all visitors.

Categories of topics fall under one or more of these categories:

• Shopping and Pricing
  • Maintenance and Repair
  • Car Customization
  • General

This forum provides a prime opportunity to ask questions you would not otherwise be able to ask on the Contact Page of the website (and get a response). Just as the case with online forums for sites like Yahoo and software platforms like Wordpress, the people themselves can be resources for one another and share practical, real-world advice without any marketing bias. Plus, there are CarGurus experts who reply to questions on the forum as well, so you get access to the staff, which seems more efficient for both customer and company because, chances are your question is not uncommon and being answered publicly can help others as well. It also allows you to keep track of question topics that interest you by favoriting them.

Something else that resonates well is that CarGurus allows you to sell your car through their site at no cost. Similar to Craigslist, you can post your ad on their platform to be seen by others.

Not so similar to Craigslist is Cargurus' recommendation tool for pricing your car. (Actually, the tool is a combination of a recommendation tool and a comparison tool). You can go to the "Sell My Car" page and specify the car, zip, mileage, transmission and options to see suggestions for the most competitive pricing and determine the value of your car. Another difference is that to upload your ad you have to complete a form with the following specifications:

• Transmission Type
  • Exterior Color
  • Interior Color
  • Car Description
  • Car Photo

CarGurus' extensive analysis compares various makes and models of automobiles listed for sale to determine how great a deal it is when it comes to price. The analysis takes into account the vehicle's history, mileage, age, and options available.

This method can definitely be a safer way to sell your car because you know exactly what to include instead of just guessing. And posting with a popular site like CarGurus.com gives you some semblance of legitimacy.

To help you determine if the seller is selling the car at a fair price, CarGurus also offers a trade-in value tool that analyzes over 4 million used car listings per day to deliver an accurate estimate of your cars Trade-in and private-sale value.

There is an active online user community which can guide you with answers about various cars, dealerships, maintenance and troubleshooting. Plenty test drive review articles are available to browse on new and upcoming automobiles. If you are looking to sell a used car, you can place an ad absolutely free on the CarGurus.com website.

One final note: CarGurus is one of the few websites in its genre that makes its apps for both apple and android easy to find and download. Their apps also have solid performance ratings.

The Bad

• Anyone Can Post a Listing
  • Best Price Not the Best Deal
  • Zipcode Restrictions

Being able to post your car for free on CarGurus.com is definitely advantageous for the seller; however, buyers should be aware that it may not be as advantageous for them. According to their website, if someone has a car they want to sell, they can just post it up on their site and it will be included in the millions of used car listings it provides. All the seller has to do is have the car's color, transmission type and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and photo. There doesn't seem to be a vetting process to make sure the seller is legitimate. After all, someone could be selling a stolen vehicle or misrepresenting the vehicle with a fake photo. Car shoppers should approach such listings the same way they would on Craigslist. And when searching the used car listings, they should keep in mind if the car is being sold by an individual seller or a dealership. The dealership seems more of a safer bet, as they have a vetting process of their own and have already established an affiliate relationship with CarGurus, who allows you to locate dealers in your area with the best reputation on the "Find a Dealer" page.

Another area of concern with CarGurus.com is that the site is aimed at finding the best price but not necessarily the best deal. With no advanced search option, you will have to manually look through each suggested listing to find extra luxury options and specific requests. This can be incredibly tedious, especially if there are hundreds or thousands of the particular type of automobile you are looking for on sale in the market. This could easily be resolved by the ability to search for keywords.

Also, you can only look for vehicles by your zip code, which severely limits the options made available to you. The car you want may not be in your city, but in a neighboring town. You are able to use a search radius filter to find cars in your geographical area, but you may potentially miss a great deal.

Lastly, CarGurus has some good tools, such as the trade-in-value tool, but it is not placed on the site where it can be easily found. A more strategic and effective placement would be for all the tools and calculators to be under the "resources" tab on the website.

The Bottom Line

CarGurus has millions of cars to choose from and most of the basic tools one would need to make solid buying decisions. The site is a viable option for those wanting to place a used car ad for free with more structure and specifications than a platform like Craigslist. Buyers should also be aware that there is no vetting process for direct sellers. What really makes the site worthwhile is the community forum where you can ask questions on anything car-related or find answers on the topic already posted. CarGurus.com is a great choice to find a new, used, or certified preowned vehicle that fits your unique budget constraints.

1.7

Millie

December 13th, 2017 Rahway, NJ

So happy with carguru, through them I found the best price for the car I wanted, an Equinox Chevrolet . I found it at NJ USED CAR CENTER IN IRVINGTON, NJ. Mr. Yasser, approach my husband and I. Very friendly and professional sales man, help us with all of our questions. We decided to buy the car and Mr. Yasser told us in 30 minutes we be done and you have a new car. I didn't believe it cause usually dealers you are there for ever. To my surprise all was done like he said. Half hour we had a new car. Mr. Yasser thank you for your professional help, and for sure we will refer who ever we can to you. A very happy customer SOTO family.

Cassidy Gundersen

December 12th, 2017 Orem, UT

I haven’t actually bought a car listed on CarGurus, but it has been very helpful in helping me see what I want and to compare prices. I think I’ll be using this next time I need to buy a car.

Abdi

December 4th, 2017 DETAILS

Not checking the company who are selling under Car Gurus umbrella....Oaklands car dealer is the worst car dealer ever. they sell cars that are not fit for purpose.

Chris

November 3rd, 2017

As a car dealer I had been offered by car gurus uk over the phone a contract to advertise for 6 months on their website In October 17 /2017 untill the end of the month for free and from 1-st of November £226 a month Due to poor customer i decide to cancel before 1-st of november now they are chasing the full payment for 6 months stating that i signed the contract on the 17-th No cooling period and no excuses. This is how they work so be aware! I will report to Ombusman for the way they work.

JESSIE

October 16th, 2017 York, PA

First you get it free. You sign up with them and they up bill by 100% (YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT 100%). after first contract is set to renew. They then don't put you back on the free listing for up to 6months.

James Scruggs

October 10th, 2017 Suffolk, VA

CarGurus quickly distance themselves from any direct interaction with those persons listing a vehicle for sale on their site especially when that person FAILS to honor an agreement that was FACILITATED BY CARGURUs...such a weak argument....definitely calls into question their commitment to the customer and their business model.

Reee

October 4th, 2017

I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy (well maybe my worst ;). They have unscrupulous business practices. We were with CG for years and added a second dealership location to our account in 2016. After less than a year, our incompetent account rep, Coleman, called to inform us that our "contract was up for renewal" for our first dealership location and that the fee would be increasing in 30 days. We informed him that we were consolidating locations in a month and wouldn't need the 2 separate accounts, therefore, closing 1 of the dealership accounts. This is where the shadiness begins: Coleman says that our new dealership account is now up for renewal too and would be increasing. He offered NO good explanation of this increase or why our 2nd location miraculously was up for renewal less than a year later. This was just a mafia-like, bully tactic to get us to pay more, even though our inventory wasn't increasing size! We demanded to speak to a supervisor, but since they likely office out of their living rooms, no one was available to speak to us. We never got a call or email. Now they stopped charging our credit card, and we are no longer on the site even though other dealers' inventory are advertised for free. Again, they are trying to ghost us so we can be pressured into paying double to be back on the site. And let's not mention the "good deal" "great Deal"-joke! Your car with more features will be deemed "overpriced" while a car with a higher trim package but less features misleads a consumer by calling it a "great deal." The truly only reason this website is successful is their ability to appear at the top of the google search page, dominating the vehicle advertising market. In summary, they need a better management structure and PUBLISHED, straight-forward advertisement pricing for dealers-not a hustling scam where they charge dealers different prices for the same packages!

Eden

September 18th, 2017 TX

They continually put up false trim levels on cars and that causes people to believe the 'great price' moniker but it's false advertising at best and deceptive business at worst. If you use them, copy the vin, put it in Google and make sure you're getting the car you think you are. Don't waste your time.

VT

August 22nd, 2017 Macomb, MI

Performance Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, 1130 Auto Mall Drive, Columbus, OH 43228 is a horrible dealership. We drove 5 hours to buy a Truck we saw online. We went on August 13, 2017 Sunday. Never buy from this place. The sales associates Mr. Tyler B was good and patient enough to explain and walk through until test drive of Truck. After that the procedures and answer questions was terrible, horrible. He really does not care about customers. Sale person was full of lies if they promise you anything sure it's documented. Regarding loan financing institution and interest rates are not coordinated with Mr. Nathan H their F & I manager. My issue is when signing the buying papers the deal. When this was communicated to sales department Mr. Tyler B wouldn't listen to me and just kept on communicating with messages to agree his terms and payments, with totally ignoring (8 times) and no replies. Thanks Performance Chrysler for the quality car and the service that was not provided to try to come up with a solution. Mr. Nathan H offered loan with application fee which originated from my routine bank which never charge for any loan fees. Added cost for loan $ 195.00. Sales person promised my license plate going to transfer immediately from my traded car but Mr. Nathen told it’s not possible and charged for temporary Ohio registration fee $ 35.00 and plate transfer fee $ 15.00. My advice, check the car before signing any papers and DO NOT ACCEPT THE CAR BEFORE THEY COMPLETELY provide two car keys and car manual. Sales associates argues that this car do not come with second key. If we need he can provide with additional charge of $ 200.00. If you are looking into dealing with them for as long as you have your vehicle trade in with lowest price from market value. If so check before you finish your paper work, because they just say that to hurry up and make deal. Paying less for traded car and selling same car with 38.05 higher prices. I purchased a "certified pre owned vehicle" from this dealership. It is certified and since it has a perfect Carfax. Big Surprise after driving only 20 miles check engine sign noticed on the dashboard. My son called immediately and left message and text to Mr. Tyler Sales Associates, and explained concerns to him. He told me that the car goes through an extensive inspection to become certified, however, he said might be gas tank cap or dash board electrical concern. Tyler continued to explain that the car was thoroughly inspected. "Tyler, telling us there's nothing he can do for me?" Of course, he said no to resolve repair problem. I let him know that one way or another I'll get my car fixed and that I'll take other measures if he does not wish to make it right, in good will. Only way of getting in touch with them is to walk in. They don't return any phone calls or messages after you purchased a vehicle. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP. Quality and service are very disappointing. I would not recommend purchasing a car thru this dealership. I would advise to simply shop elsewhere, this dealership obviously can't be trusted.

JERRY

August 18th, 2017

THIS COMPANY MAKES IT VERY DIFFICULT TO PLACE AN AD. I WOULD USE CARS.COM, AUTO TRADER OR ANY OF THE OTHER ONES THAT COME UP FOR ONLINE AUTO LISTINGS.

Robin Watson

August 17th, 2017

Royalty Enterprises Oakville on. This was a great place to buy from. I talked to "Al" on the phone about a vw golf, and met him the next day, I drove from Niagara Falls to Oakville to see what he had and it was just as he said so I bought the car. I was very impressed with "Al" he was honest fair and very knowledgeable with the cars he has on the lot. He is a no pressure type of salesman and it was a pleasure to deal with him.

RODOLFO N dela TORRE

August 15th, 2017 San Diego, CA

I purchased a 2016 NISSAN ALTIMA at BEEP CAR SALES in National City. It was agreat car buying experience. FRANCISCO and BRYAN are very professional and very straight forward. They guide me to the whole process and answer all my questions, no hassle. If your buying a car i recomend you to visit them...thank you BEEP CAR SALES!

Gabriele Cocco

August 12th, 2017

I just purchased a new Infinity QX 60 from Morrey Infinity. The service was great. They took the time to insure I was familiar with the car and gave a list of people to call should I have questions or needed help. Very profesional

Jhana

August 11th, 2017 Coos Bay, OR

False and misleading service for dealers. Our dealership signed up with them for a 30 day free trial. We sat through a seemingly impressive presentation. Weren't even live for 24 hours when my manager called to cancel because it was not as promised or advertised. Despite multiple heated conversations about what the definition of a free 30 day trial was and how ridiculous it is to be billed for service not provided, we have nonetheless been billed and paid $400.

JERRY

August 9th, 2017

AFTER A WEEK PLUS WITH NO CALLS ON MY CAR I LOGGED IN WHICH WAS AN ISSUE, THEY KEPT SAYING THEY HAD SENT ME A CODE WHICH I NEVER GOT AND ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS TO LOWER THE PRICE TO SEE IF IT WOULD GENERATE SOME INTEREST. NOW THEY HAVE REMOVED MY AD AND WANTED ME TO PRINT OUT A NUMBER TO PUT IN THE DASH AND SEND THEM A PICTURE. I'LL STICK WITH CARS DOT COM AS THEY ARE MUCH MORE USER FRIENDLY.

Mike Spero and Missy Six

August 7th, 2017 Kansas City, MO

We had been looking for a truck for almost two months and we ended up going to ARC Automotive by accident. We meet Todd K as he did a great job showing us what we was looking for not trying to sale us over priced trucks. He was easy to work with and just a great guy all together! It made the painful process for buying much easier. I would go back to him again or even send my family his way. Great job, Todd!

Mike

July 22nd, 2017 Tampa, FL

It is a good site to find a car, however while looking I found a car I was interested and one of the important things about it was that it said there had been no accidents. I eventually ended up buying the car and when I went and had it serviced I was informed that it had been in an accident and as a result the wheels would never be 100% aligned. Having no accidents was one of the main reasons I bought the car and to find out that it did in fact have an accident really annoys me.

Steve Hoffmann

July 21st, 2017

The dealership reviews on this site are incredibly misleading and shallow. The reviewer/consumer does not even have to make a transaction with the dealership, only an e-mail interaction. Therefore you get a lot of positive reviews like, "nice people" and "responded efficiently to my inquiry." Furthermore, Car Gurus does not allow reviews from consumers that do not use their site. SO if I purchased a car from "Dealer A" by going to their lot or through another site like eBay and have a verified purchase agreement, then I could not post a review on Car Gurus. The result of this shallow review system is that there are dealerships on Car Gurus that have a large amount of positive reviews with little to no sales transactions and basically a lot of dumb reviews. Some great examples to look at are dealerships like Amazing Cars LLC, Car Champs, Ultimate Automobiles (Stafford TX) and Ultimate Motorsports (Houston TX). They have a large collection of positive reviews on Car Gurus but if you did even some basic searching around the internet you would find that those dealerships have a HUGE amount of negative reviews - see review sites like YP, Yelp, etc. As well, those same dealerships advertise many cars for sale through Car Gurus that are not actually available! They are "bait" cars, so they can get inquiries and contacts. I could never trust Car Gurus because of their incomplete and shallow dealer review system and the fact that they allow many shady dealerships to operate through their site.

Sergi

July 14th, 2017 South Pasadena, CA

Any bad review in CarGurus gets deleted! Lol with a stupid excuse. It's just Fake reviews!

Johnny

June 26th, 2017

I emailed a dealer on Carguru indicating what care I was interested in. They emailed me back saying to call them but did not mention car I wanted. I gave them a 1 star rating on Car Guru. Car Guru would not post my review stating violation of terms of agreement. What terms?

Joe Smitty

June 24th, 2017

They only post dealer listings when you do a vehicle search, so it is a waste of time for private parties to post...they won't include in search results...ever

Guy Chastain

June 23rd, 2017 CO

Got great service from Automax of Ocala. Ernesto D did a great job in helping me get into my new Nissan pickup truck.

Charles Van Tuyl Sr.

June 23rd, 2017 Lansing, MI

Customer service at car gurus is non-existent. Beware when looking at dealership reviews.There is a reason you won't find many negative reviews. They are removed. XYZ motors sold us a salvage truck that needed $3900 in repairs out the door. I still have not gotten any use out of it and I bought it a week ago.

Mama Lioness

June 17th, 2017 Stockton, CA

Beware when looking at dealership reviews. CarGuru is selective on on the reviews placed by buyers. If the dealership wants a negative review removed. CarGuru will remove it. So we don't get the full picture when dealing with these dealerships.

Teri L Woods

June 16th, 2017

I purchased 2 vehicles from Sal @ SNS and he went above and beyond for me. I am very pleased with my purchase. He really cares about his customers. I would recommend him anytime.

Wolfgang Edlmann

June 13th, 2017

CARGURUS is a perfect hiding place for shady car dealer and they are protecting them. Won't allow to leave review for such shady dealer claiming we never contacted the dealer through them??

Jeanine DiNardo

June 9th, 2017

Bought a car from Bridge Auto Sales in Berlin for $5300. Within 24 hrs the air conditioning, electronic dash module including radio, clock and USB, heated leather seats, and the front fender fell off while I was driving home the day I bought the car. Under body damage and cracks too. Dealership became nasty. Salesperson kept calling and texting me asking me on dates. Found out the air conditioner compressor is bad $900. Worst part?? I paid $295 for tags and title transfer. Dealer said the had to mail both because they needed the title to go get the tags for me. Today my temp tags expire and the dealer DOES NOT HAVE MY TITLE!! When I call Bridge Auto Sales they say the title has a prior lien on it so they can't send it to me. I paid cash for the car and I need the title! This car was a birthday gift for my 17 year old son. His birthday was May 19th. I'm very upset.

Jenna LeStarge

June 7th, 2017

We found our Toyota Highlander on Cargurus. I tried several sites, and CarGurus was by far my favorite. They showed a huge selection and the filter tools were intuitive. I especially liked knowing how good of a deal i was getting, comparative to others on the market. We will definitely use CarGurus again next time we buy a car!

Sasha Baros

June 4th, 2017 Denver, CO

Mark over at A&A Auto, showed great Customer service as he showed us a few cars to look into n what might be out perfect fit. He made us feel welcomed n and was always near by jst in case we had questions. As we did find our perfect car we wanted to purchase, Mark was great in making every step Easy n clear. And well walked away very Happy!

Pat Reilly

May 7th, 2017 New Bedford, MA

C&C Automotive in Whitman, MA was Great! We bought a used Escalade SUV from Colin. He was straight up, no hassles. Would definitely recommend!

joanne gokey

April 26th, 2017 Cameron, NC

LIke to hear if anybody else has had a bad experience with Toyota Sienna LE 2016. My car often will not start exhibiting the "ignition problem" for which I am directed to see the service dept of the seller. They do nothing to help me. I asked Toyota for a zone rep. to look at the car and determine what is the problem. Denied. BTW, when car will not start, the doors lock, will not open with fob. Anybody else had this problem. What did you do? The dealer thumbs his nose at me doing nothing to fix the problem.

RECIE FROM ROCKAWAYS

April 5th, 2017 New York, NY

VIKING CAR DEALERSHIP IN BETHPAGE IS THE BEST . THEY WERE HONEST PATIENT AND PROMPT WITH PAPER WORK AND REGISTRATION. THEY GAVE ME A 3MTH WARRENTY ON THEM.THEY LET ME TEST DRIVE THE CAR BY MYSELF I TOOK AT LEAST 20MINUTES. THE CAR DROVE LIKE A DREAM.THEY PREPED IT IN NO TIME FOR ME.AND DELIVERED IT PERSONALY AT MY HOME IN THE ROCKAWAYS. THE CAR IS A 2005 LIMITED ADDITION 3.0 2DR CHRYSLER SEBRING W/SUNROOF SEXY CAR DRIVES SMOOTH N FAST RESPONSE IS ON POINT GREAT SUSPENTION NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS GREAT ON GAS IM JUST SO IMPRESSED BY THIS CAR AND THE DEALERSHIP.OH AND THE TOTAL IN ONE FOR THIS CAR WAS 3500.IM TOTALLY HAPPY STRAIGHT CASH BODABOOMBADABING .AND IM A WOMEN THEY DIDNT TRY TO PUT ONE OVER ON ME AND CROWD ME. THEY WERE EXCELLANT. VIKINGS FROM BETHPAGE GET 10 STARS FROM W/REFFERALS.AND YOU TO CARGURUS FOR HAVING THEM ON YOUR SITE. I COULDNT HAVE BEEN MORE HAPPIER THAN THEY MADE ME.

John Conner

April 4th, 2017 Conroe, TX

Terrible customer service. Accused of falsifying reviews with no supporting documentation. Who has time for this and why would anyone ever worry about a review on this Mickey Mouse site? Seriously? This dealer CANNOT RECOMMEND.

Vudo

April 2nd, 2017 Katy, TX

Best price is not the best deal, felt like different version craigslist.

Anthony M

March 30th, 2017 El Cajon, CA

Their SEARCH is a JOKE! Total waste of time, it's the worst site to search for what I'm looking for EVER. I'm a buyer, not a seller. Their Good Deal, Fair Deal, High Price rating system is a complete and utter failure, it's a joke, REMOVE IT! I don't even pay attention to it, that only works for stupid buyers. Many times the really great deals will have Fair Deal or even High Price and the one's marked as Good Deals are NOT a good deal at all. You can not use this system at all because there are too many variables, some vehicle models will be a terrible deal -$1500 below book, while others will be a Great deal at +$1500 Above book. Cargurus Rating system for pricing DOES NOT WORK, it's just a distraction. The worst part though is their lousy search, which does not filter correctly, does not hold any settings, every click I have to re-enter every detail all over again every time I make a search! AutoTrader is much better.

Eman

March 22nd, 2017 Winter Park, FL

This company force you to sign up with them with a paid membership if not they deliberately delete dealers good review but leave the negative reviews if there is any, and they say positives are suspicious. very bad and lazy customer relationship as well.don't trust this site especially dealers be aware.

kclick

March 21st, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

I am the owner of a high end car dealership that sells used car from $40000-$120000 and my web service software company sends all my inventory to various sites such as carguru or carigs list, back page, Edmunds. carfax. true cars etc. My inventory is posted on car guru for some time and have min results. Their salesman called and offer me a free dealer account trial and frankly showed no difference in result after 30 days with their paid account as oppose to their free listing as they build their reputation as the place to find cars by basically grabbing any and all post from other sites. However Once you agree to pay them for a better positioning, contact ease etc, the up sell came within 30 min trying to ask for even more money for premium positioning. That left a real bad taste as any business with a good product doesn't need to hammer away the minute you got a live one. But I decided to give it a try and continue to use them for about 5 months so that my judgement will be based on adequate data. During this time, almost every queryt I receive was a internet browser with no intent to buy, of every 10 email that I get, usually after follow up, NONE return calls or reply email. Maybe one out of 50 does result in contact but usually of very low caliber buyer with bottom fishing price target or impossible credit. So after a fair amount of time, we decided that this site really brings us more time waster than actual lead. Compare to other sites we are still actively involved in at similar or higher cost, the net sales vs email/phone call ratio is 100 to 1 compare to carguru in effectiveness. Then came the insult, when we stopped paying them, they actually went out of their way to remove all of our cars even though they use to list it for free before we signed up for a paid dealer account. So the moral of the story is, NEVER PAY THEM as you are better off that way, cause once you pay them, they actually punish you for stopping it. Very odd way of doing business and frankly it doesn't matter as we do fine with the large amount of call by real shopper on autotrader, ebay, true cars etc .

Mario

March 10th, 2017

Do not recomand this website I am very upset with CARGURUS methods. First off, every listing shows the number of days a car is listed. This is not necessarily the number of day I have had the car advertised. If another dealer had the car for 200 days and I purchased it and advertised it on CARGURUS for 30 days it would show the car on the market for 230 days. This gives the impression I have had the vehicle for 230 days. Potential buyers would in most cases conclude there must be something wrong with this car if it has not sold in that time frame. There is no good reason a customer needs to know how long a car has been on the market. A purchase should be based on the value of the vehicle which should take into consideration, overall condition, mileage,price and vehicle history, not how many days it has been on the market. This can and will discourage someone from even looking at an otherwise great vehicle.

Paul Prestridge

March 7th, 2017 Newport News, VA

Signed up for the site to sell a used 4runner. Couldn't upload picture because file size was too large. Backed out to get a smaller file size and never listed vehicle. Spammed my email from their advertisers every day since. CONSTANT SPAM AND PHISHING EMAILS. No thanks.

Lance Castle

February 22nd, 2017

Not able to review a car dealer,they say...sent verification number...but its blank...emailed gh cars (uk) about a trade in,and best possible price..the price £5500 had been held for 36 days,the moment i emailed it went up £500...tried to contact cargurus,but just get blank,cannot respond emails.