BestCarFinder.com Logo

BestCarFinder.com

Is This Your Business?

6.2

If you are looking for a used car online, BestCarFinder.com can help you find one from a private owner or dealership in your local area. Over 1,000 people visit the website daily and thousands of listings are added every day. If you want to sell your current vehicle, you can post it for sale in their free used car classifieds section at no charge to you. The company’s profile is a bit of a ghost, but remains consistent with its mission to help consumers locate and negotiate the best price.

Keep reading for pros and cons, plus BestCarFinder reviews from real users.

CarGurus Logo
#1 CarGurus chevron_right
2.9
Kelley Blue Book Logo
#2 Kelley Blue Book chevron_right
CarFax Logo
#3 CarFax chevron_right

The Good

• Tips and How-To Articles
  • Search Car Listings
  • Direct Contact with Seller
  • List Your Car for Free
  • Dealer Comparison Tool
  • Auto Part and Accessory Marketplace

Tips and How-To Articles

BestCarFinder.com features comprehensive selection services to help you find the vehicle for you. Get car buying and selling tips and how-to articles on the company blog.

Search Car Listings

Search all makes and models by zip code or state. Over one million cars are available for sale on the website and new listings are updated daily. Once you enter your zip code information, you will be given a listing of used cars available by owners and dealers in your area.

The car descriptions are extensive and thorough. You will be given the vehicle identification number if you want to look up the vehicle's history. The price and vehicle features are clearly detailed. You can find out a number of other interesting factors on the vehicle of interest such as current mileage, fuel efficiency, and engine power.

Direct Contact with Seller

Right next to the vehicle's description is a seller contact option box. The text area already includes a preset message done for you or you can write your own message. You can also ask the seller preset questions with these options: Is this vehicle still available? Is the price negotiable? I'm interested in scheduling a test drive. This feature makes it super easy to tell the seller your questions and concerns.

List Your Car for Free

Similar to CarGurus.com, BestCarFinder also offers sellers the opportunity to place an ad through their website for free. However, this site advertises a more robust benefits package, including:

• Ability for sellers to advertise until their car sells at no cost
  • Ability to modify, delete or check hits for your ad
  • Upload multiple pictures
  • Multiple Site Exposure
  • Visitor Hit Counter
  • List all features
  • Ability to add comments

Dealer Comparison Tool

Car Shoppers can search BestCarFinder's database with thousands of used car listings being added on a daily basis. New cars can also be searched, with a nice feature—a dealer comparison tool. This tool allows you to not only compare prices, it lets you compare the lowest prices from top dealerships from the comfort of your computer.

All you have to do is to select the New Car price quotes Search tool and put in the make, model of the car you want and your zip code to pull up a local list of new cars for sale.

There is a three step process to getting a quote directly from a dealer. This requires your personal contact information so the dealer can contact you directly.

This service is 100% free and there is no obligation to buy.

Auto Part and Accessory Marketplace

What makes BestCarFinder unique is that consumers can buy or sell used auto parts and accessories on the site. Just like cars, sellers can place an ad on the website database for free. Examples of used auto parts sold include engines, transmissions, Classic car parts, Antique car parts and other auto parts.

Another unique feature of the BestCarFinder.com website is the ability to buy and sell car parts for your current used vehicle. Search by all makes and models, parts categories, and keywords. If you are looking for a specific part, you can post a wanted ad free and be contacted when the part you are looking for becomes available.

The Bad

• No Company Info
  • Mixed Reviews
  • Personal Info

No Company Info

For consumers seeking to learn more about BestCarFinder's background will be disappointed to find that the company is extremely hard to find online. There is no digital footprint anywhere, leaving inquirers without even basic information every company should have available to the public. This is especially important in building trust-especially when dealing with an online entity. In the case of any complaints or remedies needing to be taken, it doesn't come across too reliable when the only olive branch the company extends is a basic form on their Contact Us page. A search on the domain name registration revealed that the site is owned by Ruslan Khor in Oakton, Virginia.

Mixed Reviews

Online customer reviews revealed mixed results from positive customer satisfaction ratings from BestCarFinder.com customer service representatives to negative reports on being hassled by their network of dealerships.

Personal Info

The stand-out feature-dealer comparison tool-only allows you to compare dealer prices on specific cars after putting in your personal contact information (name, phone number, email) so if you are just wanting to compare as someone anonymous, you will be unable to do so.

The Bottom Line

We would not recommend using BestCarFinder.com to purchase your next vehicle. The lack of transparency and information on the company shows that just having a good name to search for a car doesn't make it the best car finding site. Other than the lack of company information available, BestCarFinder.com would appear to be a good place to search for a used car online or to get a quote on a new car. But we recommend searching for a vehicle elsewhere. It's great to be able to sell your car online (after all, people do it on sites like Craigslist all the time), but the same precautions need to be taken with any online transaction. For what the site offers overall, there are others offering the same or much better—and with more online company profile visibility-a more secure feeling in case something goes wrong and needs to be rectified. This site is a must if you're looking to find or sell used car parts online.

View Best Car Finder Companies

3.9

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

BestCarFinder.com is awesome and simple to use. The search tools are easy to use and allow in finding more cars in your selected category that anywhere else. They also allow to select certain variable, expanding your search quite a bit. The detailed info I get is enough to make a great decision in buying a car. Communication with sellers is trusted and quick.

Moses Gordon Los Angeles, CA

I was really looking for a used car to buy online, my search was richly rewarded when I stumbled upon this website. The bestcarfinders met my expectations, I got the type of car I wanted. Not only that, the car was affordable and the customer service is superb. Their delivery service is second to none. I strongly recommend this website to those who want value for their hard earned money.

Christine Gillespie Brookfield, CT

This site has a great selection of cars. Both new and used are listed on there, and there's even a spot where you can list your car. It was a great tool to use when I was looking to buy a (used) car. I wasn't sure where to start and bestcarfinder.com was a great help. I saved my favorite listings and came back to them later. I'd definitely recommend.

scott Steve

Love the consumer reviews, the detail in the best car finder's reviews, and the compilation of the currently available factory rebates and incentives. A great resource for car shopping, I found my dream car through this web platform BestCarFinder & i highly recommend them

Johnny

BestCarFinder is the best when it comes to buying of both old and new cars. Their online customer service is top quality. After making my order for the particular vehicle, The car was in a perfect condition when I picked it. I totally recommend them for anyone ho want to buy of sell cars.

Jennifer Hines Greenville, NC

BestCarFinder had a better selection of cars than any other website I tried. They made it easy to find a car, get in contact with the sellers, and finally bring my new car home. I am so happy I came across them and was able to use them to get a car. I highly recommend their services.

Zachary Neal (MoltenBeast) Bronxville, NY

Out of their very wide selection of cars, I was able to find the exact car I wanted, in the very color I wanted. I can't wait to get through financing and finish my process with bestcarfinder.com. I definitely would recommended their services to my friends!

Romy Rutherford, NJ

My experience with Best Car Finder was positive. I listed my car and received few responses right away. I got in contact over the phone and schedule for them to see the car. I ended up selling and the buyer was very happy, because he got a really good deal from me.

Michael Mayham Dallas, TX

every car on there that was worth contacting or seemed to good to be true, always was nolonger in the town they posted the add in and wanted you to send them the money 1st and when i offered to go thru escrow.com they always declined and sayd that company was a scam. beware that the good vehicles are all scams and this site isnt worth the time because its all scams.

Dave Prescott Valley, AZ

Within hours of posting an ad for a vehicle I was selling I started to receive texts on my phone requesting more info and pictures of the vehicle. PayPal was also requested by one of these scammers so they could make a quick payment before the vehicle was sold to someone else. The problem is that the website does not actually post the ad for 24 hours so these scammers should not have been able to contact me for 24 hours after the ad was placed. I believe bestcarfinder.com has an issue with security of their customers information. Once the ad was posted I tested the site by posing as another buyer and I received an email telling me there was an interested party...at no time during my test did I receive a text so somebody has acquired my cell number via the web site. If you list a car with these folks be aware of this issue.

membi Reno, NV

I am very disappointed about my experience to sell my car through you, but I ended up with a lot of spam wants to buy my car but they asked me money at front for shipping my car to them, totally big red flag ,very sad some people out there work for leaving stealing some ones money,

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

This company advertised well and was informative.