Founded in 1933, Nissan Motor Company is a Big Three Japanese automaker with a reputation for style and performance.

Formerly sold under the Datsun marque in the United States, Nissan reclaimed its own name in the mid-eighties. In 1989, Nissan spun-off its own luxury brand, Infiniti.

The automaker’s cars, trucks, crossovers, and SUVs are sold at more than 1,020 Nissan dealerships in the United States.

The Good

• Dependability
  • Variety of Vehicles
  • Warranty
  • Safety
  • Green Technology

Dependability

When it comes to dependability, Nissan ranks above average at 11th out of 31 car brands in the most recent JD Power Vehicle Dependability Study, meaning that Nissan vehicals have fewer issues that require attention or maintenance than many other brands.

Additionally, the following were ranked among the top three most dependable cars in their segment:

• Compact Car: Nissan Leaf
  • Small Car: Nissan Versa
  • Midsize Pickup: Nissan Frontier

Variety of Vehicles

Nissan’s current lineup runs the gamut from sub-compact cars, like the Versa, to large trucks, like the Nissan Titan, which is available in Single, King, and Crew Cabs. The company offers a few different sports cars and even the electric Nissan Leaf, which is the world’s best-selling all-electric car with over 300,000 sold.

Warranty

While most Nissan vehicles carry a 36-month/36,000-mile basic warranty and a 60-month/60,000-mile powertrain warranty, the Titan model comes with a 60-month/100,000-mile basic and powertrain warranty. This is the best available truck warranty in the nation.

Safety

Intelligent Mobility is the name of Nissan’s safety technology program. It offers the following features:

• Forward Collision Warning
  • Blind Spot Warning
  • Lane Intervention
  • Back-up Intervention
  • Around View Monitor
  • Distance Control

Nissan is also helping to engineer Seamless Autonomous Mobility and uses human “mobility managers” to teach driverless cars what to do when something unexpected happens. In the early 2020s, the company will start using autonomous vehicles to transport users to their destinations.

By 2021, Nissan’s Safety Shield 360 will come standard on all new US vehicles, adding features like Automatic Emergency Braking, Read Cross Traffic Alert, and several others to the Intelligent Mobility product.

Green Technology

Nissan is one of the world’s greenest brands and is the world’s largest electric vehicle manufacturer. The company’s top-seller is the Leaf, which is the world’s best-selling highway-capable plug-in electric.

Since 2010, Nissan’s Green Program has been recognized by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency as an Energy Star Partner of the Year.

The Bad

Takata Recall

Several different Nissan models were included in the Takata airbag recall, the largest of its kind ever to take place in the industry. If you own one of the following models, check to see if your vehicle is affected:

• 2001 to 2003 Nissan Maxima
  • 2002 to 2004 Nissan Pathfinder
  • 2002 to 2006 Nissan Sentra
  • 2007 to 2012 Nissan Versa

The Bottom Line

With Nissan, customers will see improved interior styling to match sleek exteriors. Consumers can shop dependable cars and trucks, as well as crossovers and SUVs. While most models come with an industry standard warranty, the Titan pickup truck has the best truck warranty in the country.

This company is advancing technology when it comes to safety, sustainability, and driver experience and drivers will be sure to benefit.

View Best Car Brands

Paige Baldwin
July 11th, 2019 Wellsville, UT

My mom recently purchased a new Nissan Pathfinder and we all love it. It’s a way nice car that drives and rides so smoothly!

Haley Baldwin
July 10th, 2019 DETAILS

We just recently purchased a new Pathfinder and it is amazing. The car drives so well and we haven’t had a problem with it. I would definitely recommend.

Terra Stanko
July 8th, 2019 Hyrum, UT DETAILS

I have a Nissan Quest Van and I absolutely love it. So reliable, and not too bad with gas milage. It drives super well, and I rarely have any problems with it. I've had it for a couple years and it still looks pretty new. Comfortable to drive in when driving long distances.

Bruce, 98275
June 24th, 2019 Mukilteo, WA DETAILS

Great, I have had only one bad incident with service, but was corrected. I have used many of there products of vehicles, sports cars to trucks and SUV for many decades.

Anna Lower
June 17th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS

Some problems that seem to re occur but overall a pretty good car brand to buy from

Taylor Walker
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT

My family has this Sentra that has over 230,000 miles on it and we have only had to change the clutch once and have hadn't had any other major issue.

John Burnside
June 10th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

Purchased a Nissan Titan XD about 1 year ago and it has performed pretty much as well as I had hoped. The gas mileage is quite low (16.5 hwy/city) but the truck has plenty of power and handles nicely. We will soon be buying a travel trailer and will use this truck to tow it around the western USA. It should be up to the task.

Marissa
June 10th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN

I drove a Nissan Pathfinder for a few years, and while the front seats are nice, the back passenger seats are extremely uncomfortable. I did enjoy that car though.

Naomi
June 4th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

We purchased a Nissan Titan from the dealer. We love the truck but the description told us the driver's seat had automatic adjustment and it did not. However, the vehicle runs great and we have enjoyed using it thus far. Also, beware of the salesmen. They promised a rebate and we had to remind them several times about that condition before they actually processed the rebate.

Camilla Lundberg
May 31st, 2019 Mapleton, UT

Ive used Nissan one time and i wasnt a huge fan of my car my car ended up having a lot of problems it wasnt good in the snow and i didnt like it very much i was constantly having to take it in a lot to figure out what the problem was that it was having and it was just a pain so i dont reccomend Nissan

Michael Perez
May 30th, 2019 Glenshaw, PA DETAILS

While I had my permit I drove dozens of different vehicles since everyone in my family likes a different brand/style of car. When it came time to purchase my own car I went with a Nissan because they're reliable, well priced, and just feel great to drive.

Virginia Rosenthal
May 21st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Thanks for offering a low scale version of the Versa. I love the no frills option. The car drives good and is reliable. I can't wait to pass it down to my daughter when she starts driving in a few years.

Reese
May 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Right now I have a Nissan Armada and I have had it for 9 years and it almost has 200,000 miles. It has worked great for me and my family as it has room and my tall kids can ride in the last row of seats and still have room. looks good, runs good, and has a lot of power.

L. Fowler
May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We had a Nissan Sentra when we were first married and had small children. It was reliable and got great gas mileage. We enjoyed driving it around and it was comfortable.

Ashley
May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We purchased a used Nissan Maxima 10 years ago. We have put 150,000 additional miles on it and its still going strong! I'm a strong believer now in the Nissan name brand. It has been durable through the Utah weather each winter. We are so happy we decided to purchase this car.

David M Rose
May 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I bought a Nissan Versa a few years ago for a cheap commuter car. It has been a very reliable car (and I loved the price!). It will get passed onto my teenage daughter in a year and I've been looking at getting another Nissan for a commuter car.

Jeremy
May 6th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

Incredibly reliable cars with cheap parts to find everywhere. It’s always gets the job done.

Larry
February 14th, 2019 Ione, CA DETAILS

Mike in service was GREAT! No improvements needed

Adria
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

Very knowledgeable staff whenever I go into a dealership for car Maintenance.

Marcia Segraves
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

The finance department was frustrating but their service department is great.

JaRon Harris
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

Bought 3 brand new ones, love Nissan brand. Great quality car for the money. Altima is in my opinion the best mid size car for the money there is.

Mike
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

Awesome car buying experience. Nissan has been great to work with. They were polite, great dealing with my family including an infant child. Very happy with the service we reciwved in purchasing our vehicle.

Bryon Spicci
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

My experience is simply amazing. The customer service is the best. The product has been designed with safety in mind.

Susan
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

Very favorable experience and I'd like their rogue and all its features

Jamie Beauchamp
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

It's been wonderful easy to talk to and efficient. Love the quality of my vehicle and the cost and fuel efficiency

Kelsy
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

God company, bought my first new car with them, nissan sentra. Car was overpriced though for what it is.

Turn
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

great and always professional and courteous customer services

Kim Green
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

Love the car! It looks great and it's practical for the money. The thing that is not perfect is that there is wind nose in the car when the windows are up.

Jim McElveen
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

Reliable cars and trucks. Good service the warrenty is excellent.

Cristi Stafford
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

I love nissans. I have owned a few of them and have loved each of them. When it was time to buy my daughters first car last year my husband and I knew exactly what it would be. A Nissan Altima. We knew it would be a good dependable and safe car for our 16, and she has loved it. She now wants a newer Altima for her graduation gift.

Tammy Collins Sims
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

Owned 3 Nissan's, 2 Maximas and now a Pathfinder. Absolutely loved the 2016 Maxima Platinum with all of the bells and whistle. Had to trade in for a Pathfinder to have room for expanding family.

Terri Eros
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

Professional team, responsive, informative, caring

Royal A. Brown III
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent service of my Nissan Titan PU - love the Truck - great looks, fit & finish, performance, reliability - only disappointment is gas mileage which they hopefully have helped with new 7 speed transmission.

Patrick Gentry
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

My Rogue has been a great purchase. Reliable, and good mpg for an SUV at a very reasonable price compared to other vehicles today.

Lori Burdette
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

Their sales/finance guys were horrible. Lied numbers times and ran my credit through 6 different companies so my credit took a hit. Horrible!

Cynthia W
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

Very pleased with my vehicle . I would recommend to anyone looking.Great customer service and friendly representatives.

Lisa
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

The Altima is a very sturdy, comfortable and trusted car. Maintenance is pretty easy - just keep schedule on oil changes and put gas in the car and you're all set.

McKinzie Figueroa
February 6th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I currently drive a Nissan Maxima and love it! It is the best car that I have owned. It is very roomy and comfortable-even to those who are sitting in the back seat. The trunk is large for a car the size that it is. It's great. I love my Maxima!

Cindy
February 6th, 2019 Weaver, AL DETAILS

I like the comfort of the drive & ride of my Nissan. I live the seat & steering wheel heaters. The Bose speakers are great. I am less prone to get carsick riding in a Nissan.

Christopher Roberts
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

I have had a good experience with Nissan, my old dealer made it difficult to get recalls repaired in a timely manner though.

michael
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

i've been dealing with these people for about ten years (leasing,owner), and i can only recall one rather awkward incident. my vehicles have always been top shelf as far as reliance and dependability go, and the techs and writers were never there to try to pull off a fast one

William Bailen
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

I've had 6 Nissans since 1980 and all were good cars. Need to warranted the drive train for 100k mi.

Maria Wilhelm
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent handling & driving experience.nice looking vehicle, too.

Robert Abricki
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

owned three models and very satisfied went up their model ladder and each moved was more impressive

Anne Galante
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Sales from start to finish easy & excellent.Service dept also. Car itself seems outdated for a 2016

Sumar Prasad
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

very good, and reliable service and quality product

Karen
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

They give me loaners and always fit me in. I can get my car in on Saturdays since I work all week.

Breeanne Genta
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

I have hardly had any problems with my Nissan. I love it in all weather.

Billy J Humphries
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

I recently bought a Nissan Rogue. I have been very pleased with my purchase. I was impressed by the knowledgeable salesmen. In the past I have felt with many salesmen and many tactics of salesmen to try to get you to buy their car. Many were high pressure salesmen who tried to intimidate you into buying a car. There was none of that at the Nissan dealership. They took their time explaining the features of the vehicle and funding out what features you are looking for.

Audrey Jane Budzynski
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

I don't have a Nissan, but if I had a chance to buy another vehicle, this would be it. Nissans run forever and you don't have problems with them,