Chevrolet Logo

Chevrolet

8.6

Chevrolet has been producing reliable and affordable vehicles since 1911. Chevrolet was the first car company to produce an SUV model. The company is known for providing excellent service and consistent quality. Chevy’s continued innovation has resulted in unique safety features and better fuel economy.

Chevy’s lineup includes sedans, SUVs, trucks, sports cars, and hybrids. The Chevrolet Corvette is one of the most popular sports cars on the market, and the Chevrolet Impala is the company’s best-selling vehicle.

All Chevrolet vehicles are American made. With over 3,100 Chevrolet dealerships in the United States, buying a Chevy has never been easier or more accessible. Chevrolet is the top performing brand within the parent company General Motors.

Keep reading to learn more about the pros and cons of owning a Chevrolet vehicle or skip to the Chevy reviews.

The Good

• Vehicle Awards
  • Social Impact Initiative
  • Innovative Convenience
  • Teen Driver Technology
  • MyChevrolet Mobile App
  • Warranty Options for Newer Models
  • Chevrolet Discounts

Vehicle Awards

Chevrolet has received a number of awards from popular review sites including Kelly Blue Book, Motortrend, and Car and Driver. In 2020, Chevy received awards for the Corvette, Silverado, Silverado HD, Colorado, and Tahoe.

The models have won the following awards:

Chevrolet Corvette

Chevrolet Silverado HD

• 2020 KBB.com Best Resale Value: Full-size Pickup Truck Heavy-Duty
  • 2020 ALG Innovation Award

Chevrolet Colorado

• 2020 KBB.com: Best Buy Award (Midsize Pickup)

Chevrolet Tahoe

• 2020 KBB.com 5-Year Cost to Own: Full-Size SUV

Social Impact Initiative

Consumers are increasingly more interested in finding companies that align with their values. Chevy has created its own social impact initiative called Chevy Cares. Chevy Cares partners with the American Cancer Society to help women diagnosed with breast cancer. Chevy also sponsors youth programs to give kids the opportunity to participate in sports. Other initiatives include disaster relief efforts and military memorial support.

Innovative Convenience

Chevrolet teams up with companies such as Amazon and Google to improve customer experience. Chevy connects its services to Key by Amazon and Amazon Alexa. Vehicle owners can use the Key by Amazon as a mobile locker for package deliveries. Once you download the mobile app, you can set up in-car delivery. You can also manage your vehicle through Amazon Alexa. Ask Alexa to lock, unlock, or start your car through voice command. These functions can also be controlled through Google Assistant.

The Chevrolet Infotainment System lets you place orders, make reservations, pay for gas, find parking spots, and book hotels without the use of your smartphone. Chevrolet Marketplace is the first infotainment system to combine entertainment management with consumer transactions. Some of the Marketplace partnerships include iHop, McDonals, Exxon Mobil, and Yelp. As the feature grows in popularity, more restaurants and services will be available.

Teen Driver Technology

Chevrolet is the only car company to offer Teen Driver Technology. This unique safety feature helps young drivers avoid distractions and develop smart driving habits. Parents get an added measure of peace with an updated report card and pre-selected vehicle limits.

• Report Card — On the infotainment system, you can pull up the vehicle report card. The report includes total distance driven and max speed. The report also counts overspeed warnings, wide-open throttles, forward collision alerts, forward collision avoidance braking, and traction control. You can use this report to identify your new driver’s strengths and weaknesses.
  • Buckle Up Reminders — The Buckle to Drive feature requires drivers to buckle their seatbelt before shifting gears into reverse or drive. If a driver is not wearing a seatbelt, he or she will be given alerts and remain in park for 20 seconds. Parents can also turn on a special feature that silences the audio until the driver and front passenger’s seatbelts are buckled.
  • Speed Cap — Parents can place a speed cap of 85 miles per hour on the vehicle. This limits the potential for reckless speeding on highways.
  • Stereo Volume Limit — A leading cause of accidents is distracted driving. Parents can set a volume limit on the audio to help your teen avoid loud distractions while learning to drive.
  • Speed Notifications — Speed notifications alert drivers with visual and audio cues when they are traveling over the recommended speed.

Warranty Options for Newer Models

Chevrolet has a limited warranty of three years or 36,000 miles. This is an average warranty length compared to other car brands. However, Chevrolet offers a competitive powertrain warranty that covers the first five years or 60,000 miles.

An extended warranty can be added to new 2018–2020 vehicles at the time of purchase. The extended warranty covers five years or 60,000 miles and has no deductible. Other car companies and third-party carriers offer better extended warranty options.

MyChevrolet Mobile App

The MyChevrolet Mobile App gives owners remote access to their vehicles. You can lock or unlock your vehicle, start or stop your engine, and start or stop your horn. The Chevrolet Mobile App provides vehicle location and status updates. Get notifications about your tire pressure readings, fuel range, and oil life.

Other features include a rewards tracker that lets you use point towards paid services or future chevy purchases. You can also track your driving behavior through the Smart Driver feature. This information can be given to your insurance company to qualify for insurance discounts.

Chevrolet Discounts

Chevrolet offers a number of discounts for prospective customers. Discounts are available for educators, college students, military personal, and first responders. Find your desired model online and browse through the offers. Take the authorization number to a Chevrolet dealership to receive your special discount. These discounts can be combined with other retail offers.

The Bad

Short Maintenance Coverage

Within the first year of ownership, Chevrolet offers a free maintenance visit through a certified Chevrolet dealer. The qualified team of Chevrolet technicians provides an oil change, tire rotation, and vehicle inspection during the first visit. You can also earn points to be put towards another oil change by joining MyChevrolet Rewards.

While Chevy’s maintenance coverage is convenient, other car companies offer longer maintenance plans. For example, new Toyota owners get two years of free maintenance. Jaguar offers the best maintenance program with free scheduled maintenance for five years or 60,000 miles.

The Bottom Line

Chevrolet provides a wide range of vehicle trims and models to fit your needs. Chevy models are among the most affordable vehicles on the market. With the additional discounts and rebates, you can receive a great deal on a new or pre-owned Chevy vehicle.

Chevy offers a unique teen driving technology that helps build new driver confidence with special monitoring features. Chevrolet partnerships improve vehicle automation and convenience. Although Chevy does not offer the best maintenance plan, the low-cost vehicle options help to offset routine maintenance costs.

Read through our Chevrolet reviews below to learn about real customer experiences with the brand. If you are ready to take the next steps towards owning a Chevrolet, visit a certified Chevrolet dealer to test drive and discuss pricing options.

View Best Car Brands

DeborahAnn Magnusson Midway, UT

I'm a big fan of Chevrolet in general. I like US made cars, and they are much more affordable for repairs and parts than all of the foreign made cars. I husband drove an Impala for years and loved it, sold it to my son who loved it, and the only reason we don't have it any longer is because someone crashed into it. bummer. I have a Chevrolet Suburban. I love my suburban! I had one for about 14 years and would have kept it longer if the roof wasn't leaking. It had a strong engine and had very high miles on it. It probably would have lasted even longer. Finally sold it, and we bought a newer one just because we like them so much.

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

I really have loved driving a Chevrolet manufactured car for the past 20+ years. I really like the style and comfort of the Malibu and the Cruz. Both of these cars offer and spacious interior and a nice looking exterior. My Cruz gets very good gas mileage with an average near 30 miles to the gallon while driving in the city. All of the cars have had only minimal amounts of car repairs. The paint and. upholstery seem to hold up very well. Working with the Chevrolet dealership has always been easy and enjoyable. Overall I really like the Chevrolet company

Steve Ashby , AZ

I've owned 2 Suburbans and a Malibu in the last 20 years and they were all great vehicles we drove to 200k miles or more. Recently we rented an Arcadia and really enjoyed it; very much like the Ford Explorer. I'll probably own a Ford again in my life.

Whitney Wilkins West Valley City, UT

I have loved my chevy cobalt. It has been very durable and gets great gas mileage. I love the layout and size of the car. And I love the sporty material seats.

ang Milwaukee, WI

I was brainwashed as a child to hate chevy. However I have owned a Tahoe to the last 2 years and I have zero complaints. It’s been a reliable car and worked well for our many family adventures. I just wish it had more cup holders for the kids.

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

Chevrolet is a great company that makes very good cars. I especially like their SUVS and trucks. They drive extremely smooth and despite their sizes, they get really good gas mileage. In my experience, they don't last as well as some other different car brands but they still hold up decently.

Corbin Short West Wendover, NV

Every time I have owned a Chevy, after 2008, everything started breaking around 100k miles. I had a 2008 Suburban, and the weirdest things malfunctioned after a while like door locks and other things. I believe they started introducing some cheaper materials, and it did not serve them well. My mother-in-law also drives a Chevy right now and things started going crazy at 90k. And she serviced it every 5k miles. That being said: before around 90k miles, things were great with every Chevy I owned. I'd be skeptical around 100k though. That has just been from my experience.

Quinn Odom Tulsa, OK

Chevrolet vehicles have always been my family's choice since I was born. The vehicles are always reliable and do not require a lot of maintenance. My family has never had an issue with any of the vehicles. The trucks are especially reliable and you get every dollar you pay for.

Ryan Harpenau Fayetteville, AR

I drove a chevy truck in high school that was made before I was born and it had little to no problems still. My dad had it for 18 years and the only reason he traded it in was because he wanted something new, but I think we would have used for at least 5 more years. I also know people who have newer models of chevy trucks and the technology in them is amazing.

Edward Young

I purchased in 2012 a brand new Chevrolet Corvette. This is my first Corvette. I fell in love with the Corvette 2 miles into my test drive. I got an incredible deal on the Corvette. I still own it. It is my daily driver car. I drive it fast and hard. I have not had any problems with it either. I have 60,000 miles on it. It is a lot of fun to drive, performs very well, very fuel efficient, and everyone I meet compliments me on the car. I have owned a Chevrolet Cavalier back in the mid 1980s, and a 2002 Chevrolet Avalanvhe z71. I enjoyed them both and had zero problems with either of them. I like the designs, efficiency, problem free nature of the Chevrolet products. They need to focus on reducing the price of all their cars and trucks. They need to make sure they continue selling a manual transmission front engine Corvette for under $60,000, else they will lose even more market share on the Corvette.

Amy McCarlie Orem, UT

I Love working with the parts department here locally. They are very knowledgeable and are easy to work with to order parts for my used car dealership.

Bessie B Gilbert, AZ

I think they are decent mid priced car. The cars were fairly comfortable. The price was fair. They were a good family car and had good mpg. They were reliable and that was important when traveling with our family.

Valerie Beus Richland, WA

This was my first car and I loved it. No major problems and the company was good if I ever needed their help. Could have done with better gas mileage though, but I guess I could have chosen a different car. So that’s on me.

Nicole Johnson Portland, OR

I enjoyed driving a Chevy Suburban and thought it was a great option for a big car that fits lots of people and lots in the trunk. I specifically enjoyed the high seating and seat warmers!

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

We have bought at least 7 Chevrolet cars, most of them brand new. I love the cars and they are comfortable and run well but we don't usually get much over 100,000 miles before they start needing too many repairs.

Wendy Rowlette Morgan, UT

Chevy has always been a quality company. We have had other brand vehicles and they always end up needing lots more time in the shop getting repaired than our Chevy vehicles. They are dependable and continue to make durable vehicles.

Ryan Larsen Logan, UT

I have owned multiple Chevrolet vehicles throughout my life. I currently have a 2004 Suburban with over 230,000 miles. It is a great vehicle and continues to drive awesome. I would not hesitate to purchase another Chevrolet vehicle.

Janalee Nielson Smithfield, UT

My husband and I have owned three Chevrolet cars. They have performed well overall and last us a long time. My only complaint with Chevrolet is they all seem to have the same issue of making a whining sound when we drive them. My passengers point out that my car is noisy.

Thomas

I love the chevy line since I started driving. I will continue to be a loyal costumer. The one thing that bothers me is used car sales tactics that are misleading and if not financing through chevy, theres an additional $2000 from downpayment due, and dealer prep fees and extra finance charges that are added from the fine print. Other dealers dont do that and it almost made me go elsewhere other than chevy, to actually buy a chevy

Cathy Sewall Potts Camp, MS

I love my Chevy! My first truck as a teen was the 1990 Silverado! The cops nick named her Camille because I was always tearing up the MS golf coast with her,... and I still have her! I have had several in my lifetime and have loved everyone of them! Right now I have the Chevy Avalanche named Carma and it is amazing!!! I really hope they bring this style back because it is so convertible! It can carry all my 4x4x12’s I need, plus I can fold up the seat and pick up 5 kids from school! It has pulled my daughter’s car ( Chevy Malibu) all the way from Michigan back home to MS! We also used it for our Disney vacation! There were 2 adults and 3 teens on that trip and we all road so comfortably! Plus with the lockable cover on back, we put all our bags in there to stay safe and dry! I really could go on forever on how much I love your vehicles! We have 4 in our yard right now, and when my son is old enough to drive,... he will get a Chevy too!

Kurt Lucas Reston, VA

I have been a Chevy truck fan all my life. I still have a 1997 pickup that runs and drives great. I would recommend Chevy trucks.

George2b

Love their trucks and solid contruction. Smooth running quiet ride with loads of power and better gas mileage!!

Rasband2018 Sandy, UT

I love my Chevrolet app. I can start my car from my phone. I also can see where I have been and how I can improve driving

jaci finch Corpus Christi, TX

I drive a chevy equinox that my grandparents passed down to me. I love that car. It drives smoothly and is still working. Sometimes I have problems with the radio, but it is a 2015 so that makes sense.

Alejandro Perez Corpus Christi, TX

The camaro is more of looks over actually usage. Trunk is small although expected of these type of cars, and the back seats do not fit adults. Stay away if you are planning on keeping this car for a family

Nurse2014 Los Angeles, CA

I drive a Buick Enclave and I love it!!! It is dependable, has a many safety features and is so comfortable. We are a Chevrolet family. My husbands drive a Chevy truck.

Bchell Midvale, UT

I just recently purchased a Traverse. I was so nervous as we has always owned Hondas. But I have been overly pleased with it. And the customer service has been amazing.

Allen Lambert Fayetteville, AR

I have driven a Chevrolet Tahoe for a year now and have enjoyed it. It has always run great and if there are any problems the customer service with getting parts replaced and fixed has been amazing. I swear the engines on these things will run forever! (A hyperbole, but not far from the truth)

Patrick Curry Salt Lake City, UT

Been a Chevy fan for life. I have had numerous cars through out my life and they always seem to have issues except when it's a Chevy. Have had a Chevy cobalt for years and never had any issues

Eric Wilkinson Herriman, UT

We recently purchased a Chevrolet Traverse 2019. It's been a great car and this is our 2nd Chevrolet that we have owned. We love our Chevy and we highly recommend a Traverse to anyone looking for a great, roomy family car.

Wayne Young Little Rock, AR

I have owned 3 Tahoes, and they are my favorite vehicle. The customer service the dealers provide is great. The vehicles are reliable, well built and have a lot of neat features.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

After having a GMC for 10 years, it was time to get a new car. I just bought a Chevrolet Traverse to replace our old family Yukon XL. I love the Traverse! It's roomy and comfortable. I love that my kids all have a USB port and plenty of leg room. I love how the car drives! I am so pleased with my Traverse thus far.

jesse r. perry

ive been driving cheverlot almost twenty years, the are always up to date , they have long lasting engines, and there service is very good, the only thing they could improve on is the price, like alot of companys they are pricing themselfs out of buisness, i mean why build a truck or car that you cant afford to buy, , if most people cant afford them they will lose money, or te person who buys them cant really afford the truck or car , but they get finaced with no problems them they cant pay for them , and they lose it, and any future buisness.

Charles Kashavsky

We had a Chevy Malibu that we were pleased with except at our age we needed something easier to get in and out of. We got a 2006 Equinox and loved it until my wife decided that weneeded a new car in 2013. Once again we went with the Equinox and our overall experience with Chevy has been nothing more than outstanding.

Tina

Chevrolets I've purchase are excellent. I'm currently on my 5th of which 3 were purchased brand new, prices are getting a little too high. All previous Chevys owned I've had for 5 plus years and the most miles recorded was 478,954. Chevrolets if taken care of will last a very long time!

Allen Biles

In general, Chevrolet is a recognized reliable vehicle. However, they should really do something about their seating in all their cars. I have owned Chervrolet's throughout my entire life, the one horrible thing consistent in ALL of them was the very poor seating. No Support, No Lumbar support, Nothing good to say about a Chevrolet and their seats. Other GMC products are not that way. Buick, Cadillac superior seating. And that's a shame that someone at Chevrolet does not take Posture seriously. I think it really is a crime. Two cars I had the seats removed and an automotive upholster completely redid the seats to make them supportive and not give us back aches.

Tim

Love my Buick Regal. Best car ever owned. I have owned it for over 2 years now +30k miles. Quality is outstanding. AWD is the most valuable feature on this car. Fuel economy isnt stellar but the tradeoff is definitely worth it.

Kymberlee Yack Orem, UT

i love chevy! my current car is this brand and its great. i love the gas mileage that my car gets, and the wonderful price the dealership gave me. It's super reliable and i love that it has all wheel drive especially for winter.

Vicki H. Poolesville, MD

We have driven a Chevy Bolt for the past three years and loved it! So when our lease expired, we decided to buy one to replace it. We love being able to just plug our car in when we get home and never have to stop to buy gasoline. Chevy has added some nice features, such as lane change warning lights, heated seats and heated steering wheel. Another nice feature is that there is minimal maintenance since its an electric car, i.e. no oil changes, and when we have brought it into the dealer for a checkup and tire rotation, the customer service people were very pleasant to work with.

peter harmatuk Poolesville, MD

I have been driving CHEVies for 56 years....I have recently been driving CHEVY electric cars, first a VOLT and then 2 Bolts. The BOLT is an exceptional value for there dollars spent.....we love the BOLT and have never regretted buying it......Sometimes the dealers can be a pain, but that is expected for the car selling business. I think that GM will be leading the EV industry in the near future with a wide verity of vehicles to choose from.

David Anderson Providence, UT

We bought a chevy traverse this year. We have never driven a chevy before. I must say, I am converted over in the auto race. I have always bought dodge to save money, but we bought the traverse and it really wasn't that much more money and the value, in car finish, and the technology in the dash was so much more advanced and easy to use. We will be a chevy family moving forward. My next purchase is my new Chevy truck :)

Natalie Brown Boulder, CO

I purchased a car from Chevy in 2015, a yellow chevy spark. I love my car and I will be driving it till it dies! When I go in for maintenance, the desk people are always so kind and it's honestly the best customer service I have ever received. The prices aren't too bad in my opinion when it comes to simple maintenance such as rotations, oil change or 4 point inspections. My next car will most likely be from them!

Brysen223 Garland, UT

Chevy is probably my favorite car brand, and I used to not like them very much. I used to have ford vehicles, and they worked fairly well, and then we got a Chevy 3500. It has just about the same amount of power as ford, but it doesn’t break down, and I’ve seen that with a lot of Chevy vehicles, so I would say good job on making a strong and reliable vehicle!

Edith O'Halloran Englewood, CO

I have a Malibu 2013. The service has been the best. Blue tooth maintenance has been there anytime that I have had the need to have the connections synced up from updates being done on my phone. I have been able to maintain the paint, from dings from grocery carts and other car doors. any time I have had the need for an appointment to have anything done the service department has always been very accommodating at providing the information of what the problem is and why I may need a repair or new fluids. the areas provided for waiting and very comfortable and the restrooms are well supplied and clean. My car has been very reliable I have been able to trust the car for the number of trips that I have enjoyed taking. The interior of the car is comfortable and everything is well within the reach of the driver.

Kristiane R Durfey Pleasant Grove, UT

I LOVE my Suburban!! I have 6 kids so we needed the extra room and seat belts. We have had it for over 15 years now and it is still running great! You can't beat the storage in the back and the 4 wheel drive is perfect for winter. Large gas tank so you don't have to fill up very often. We have also bought an avalanche and a Silverado. Chevy's run forever. Great buy and when it finally doesn't run anymore, I hope to buy a new one.

Jennifer Gilbert, AZ

I’ve had my suburban for the last two years and love it. My husband has owned five Chevy pick up trucks and really has loved each one of them, in fact he’s had a hard time parting with each of them. I grew up with a dad who always on Chevy pick up trucks to and so you could say Chevy runs in my blood. My husband just recently bought a Dodge and we’ve had more problems with the Dodge than we ever had with their Chevy cars.

Tammy West Valley City, UT

The Chevy Tahoe is the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. Very safe and reliable vehicle

chucks

Actually my experience has been very good from the quality of their vehicle to the quality of the dealership.

Hailey Burt Eagle Mountain, UT

My boyfriend has a 1966 Chevy truck and we love to drive it. It still has the original engine and that goes to show the quality of Chevy.

Samoya Calvin Jacksonville, FL

It is so expensive to get the car you want with all the features. I got a 2018 Chevy Cruze LS brand new and there was no cruise control on the car. Honestly was not a fan so glad I upgraded to a Honda. Even in the trunk you can see that the car was cheaply made.