Zoosk Logo

Zoosk

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

SjcJose Cupertino, CA

Bought the 6-month membership and cancelled it half way. Their view reports are bogus. There are ladies who view me several times a day. Yet, they don’t respond to my messages. What is more puzzling is that when I run a search of these ladies, their profiles are nowhere to be found. The only way to view their profiles is to click the picture on the view report. Something is very fishy and Zoosk is obviously cheating.

Disappointed Willoughby, OH

Signed up for 1 month. Also purchased the enhanced messaging. I had one ONE... YES ONE... person who I could "chat" with even though there were numerous others who requested to chat. I wrote numerous times to ask why I could not chat... NO REPLY! I guess you live and learn about the good the bad and the REALLY BAD sites... and ZOOSK is really, really bad.

DTMC Albany, GA

I signed up for 1 month to try it out I was very disappointed. Seen quite a few profiles that I know are fake. I canceled my subscription well before the renewal date and they still charged me even having jump through all the hoops to cancel it. Which sounds about the same as a lot of these other reviews. All in all it was a waste of time and money

Chris Psalmonds Middleburg, FL

No way of telling if profiles are of current members or ever have been members. Obviously cannot converse with someone not a member without paying more so anyone can contact you. Some views show up but don't show in alerts something askew there. No way to search for members by name & and a search will yield same results for weeks or months, then suddenly next time may be completly different profiles you have never seen.

jesus L San Diego, CA

unfortunate i spent so much money and just a few days i already realized how bad a decision this was. pay to talk, pay extra so others can talk to you without paying. not really any way to narrow down searches. whenever i try the carousel feature i didn't know it immediately sends hearts to every single person. most people don't put anything in their bios and im someone who doesnt look at faces but stories to give me an idea if i'd like them or not. it doesn't tell you how long someone has been offline or if their profile SHOULD be active. overall really bummed out

Roggan Graham Mt. Pleasant, SC

DO NOT PAY THEM ANY MONEY!!! I cannot emphasize this enough. When I tried to cancel, Zoosk sent me a message that my account was cancelled, but I could continue to use it until my subscription term was done. Ummm, that's not how a cancellation works, Zoosk. There are many fake & inactive profiles here. The final straw was after being a member for a week, getting a nice message & responding within 3 minutes. Zoosk told me that the member had cancelled their account. Sure, that makes sense. Don't waste your time & especially not your money with these thieves.

K. Parker Brevard, NC

Please, don't do it! Even calling a customer service rep to ask how to use the site is impossible! And I've only been a paid subscriber for two days. The most ridiculous and time consuming farce I've ever gotten myself into by not reading the fine print. Silly girl. I'm done. I'll go out and use my time wisely, as someone else here said, by volunteering in my community. Could net me at least one real date.

Stevie

Very bad dating app all about money and no support for issues! Recently my subscription cost me $239.98 Australian dollars for 6 months overcharged or a scam and then I had problems with chats or messages could not used them at all even asking for more money! I had submitted a number of complaints 20 -30 nothing happened to fix the issues had this problem also last year. My only option is to make a complaint to itunes for a full refund! Zoosk is about money and very poor on support!

Jay

Not at encouraging. Messages I can't read to determine if it is genuine contact even though they took my money soon enough to be able to do exactly that. Useless search engine as no way to log profiles you may be interested in. I can't see how anyone will meet anyone on this site unless you are both extremely lucky. Just a hopeless and not genuine site is my conclusion after just 2 months.

Kimberly King Baltimore, MD

I signed up for the service a few days ago. I realized i didn't want the service anymore. I called to ask for a refund and tgey denied me a refund. Thats a real rip off and i do Not want to use their service ever again because of their dumb policy. If im no longer using a service i paid for, my money should be refunded. I will gey in comtact with The Better Business Bureau.

Debra Holliston, MA

I was new to online dating..was going to try it for $29.95 for 1 month Somehow I got charged $99.95 for 1 yr I called to report the mistake..they would not give a refund . I ended up paying 99.95 for coins..in which you can't even use to communicate with anyone who has messaged you. Customer service said I had 1800 coins...when I tried to use them . I was told I only had 352 left..OMG where did all the coins go ??? Customer service did not have an answer... Left feeling totally ripped off...and they get away with this...

Debbie Schneider

I joined the South African site and so far only mostly met men who had fake I.D's, stolen profile pictures (although photo verified by Zoosk) who appeared on Pigbusters (Scammer site) and on Romancescammers.com. After a week's chatting and wanting to meet them they need to leave town. Then has a financial crisis and needs money. Tineye Reverse Image helped me a lot to Identify some of them. I am yet to meet a real person on site. Think twice before joining. There are better sites.

Rick Iowa City, IA

The site was setup so that when you looked in your inbox at users that had viewed you, it showed them you viewed them, which was not true. Then when they checked theirs it showed you they viewed you. Sets up a indefinite loop of false views which is annoying. In addition I don't recall there being a way to tell if it was a subscribing member so as to avoid wasting time emailing someone that cannot reply without paying. If they are not paying, they are not serious.

Ryan L Saint John, IN

It seemed alright at first and I found much in common with many different women on the page. After some time though it was just a waiting game. Nobody ever responds to even the most simple messages and the whole search option is out of the question. Any time I have meet a woman online nothing ever came of it. Just seemed like a waste of my time and money. I should have gone with another site! Avoid by all means!!!

Ron Miller Spokane, WA

Absolutely would not recommend Difficult to navigate unreliable difficult to chat with other members

Aldo Menifee, CA

Bad site. Zero dates in 6 months. Zero quality matches. I answered messages of people supposedly interested, but got no response.

Timothy Kawakami Edmond, OK

Quick search SAME PEOPLE SHOW UP DAY AFTER DAY. BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE A TOTAL SCAM UNLESS ONE UPGRADES ALL OF THEIR BASIC OPTIONS.

Leon Yoakum Los Angeles, CA

Tried Zoosk dating sites to meet new people but wasn't successful. Website was hard to use and a bit confusing.

AT Atlanta, GA

Their billing practices are unethical. They renewed my subscription without my permission. Their overal site is lousey and the matches they provide are dismal. Overall bad experience. Don't use them.

Paul Aleksinas Ft. Pierce, FL

STAY AWAY from the site. They scam you to join by telling you there are several people who want to meet you. SCAM, they lie to you by making you join if want to send a message. NOTHING IS FREE WITH ZOOSK.

tim meyers Columbia, MO

A total waste of tim!! 80% or more of the people contacting me or I them, were fake members! As a premium member I would call others to consider a class action suit as this site is a total fraud. With probably less then %15 or 20% being real people!

Francesca Onetti LU

Less than 0 ... I didn't even knew them until I received a message from this site. WELCOME... I've never opened an account on their website, so they don't even check their inscriptions with an email confirmation ... Somebody should close this site. Why are they still allowed to work ?

Kay DeVaughn Cleveland, OH

They refuse to take my profile and picture off of the site. I had to ask many times to even leave the site. I am still receiving "hits" even though requested to be totally removed. I have them going to my "spam" folder but every day there is information of how many hits I have received.

Hearts1019 Genoa City, WI

I'm very disappointed by the way of getting info entered. When I tried to set the distance, it wouldn't let me. It just went to auto-set, as well as the age. I was looking at profiles that were literally 1000s of miles away

Alashek General Contractor Baltimore, MD

My experience has been 1.. A lot of fake profiles. 2... The match does not take into account race or smoking.. I constantly get matched with non smokers knowing I will not get anywhere... I personally think that Zoosk sets people up to fail so we keep spending money. .

Josh bh Columbia, MD

To make my LONG story SHORT, DO NOT DO NOT AND DO NOT subscribe to Zook. I would rather have donated the money to Animal Shelter. Zoosk is so HORRIBLE that it can not be rated, but I have to give it a one star because my review will not post unless I completely fill out.

Shobna Harding Lakemba, NSW

Don't even deserve 1 star. Terrible experience as a subscripted Member. Lot of fake unverified profile with nothing on it. THIRSTY MEN who just keep messaging over and over again and don't know how to take No for an Answer. I report and block but eventually can't even message people who I actually wanted to chat and get to know . Not Happy

annedavismusic Brandon, MS

THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!! THE IDIOTS KICKED ME OFF THEIR SITE WITH ZERO EXPLANATION! THE MOST BIZARRE EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD WITH A DATING SITE!! THEY WOULD NOT EVEN TELL ME WHAT THEY THOUGHT I HAD DONE WRONG!! TOTALLY BS! I DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG! I KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE! 😂🥴

The Exlimey Davis, CA

Bogus data saying people have viewed your profile when they have not. Questioned a few contacts who confirmed the data integrity. Quite a few scam artists who want you phone number only to try and lure you to provide other personal data.

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

When you search for free online dating zoosk pops up,however they anything but free,their actually quite expensive,and their website needs much improvement,photos on the site are often cut in half.

Christina Ingram ,

I was blocked from Zoosk and I thought it was a scam they said it was a activity on my account my email was block someone was using my account I did not do it and I do not have another email I feel this is a misunderstanding and unfair I want this resolved

Aden Mohamed Camberwell, SWK

Can’t cancel subscription and can’t delete account , they are attempting to take money off my account when I have clearly paused the account as I have met someone elsewhere , it’s like they are forcing you into to be on it

Dora Gonzalez ,

Worse experience ever. I was scammed by a person named William S and because of this site. I will never believe in love again. It has been the worse experienced since my divorce. This person has used this site with several other women who have filed a complaint with FBI and Cyber crime. Hope no one else is scammed by using this site

T M Salt Lake City, UT

Match.com and POF are so much better. Don't join Zoosk if you are male looking for a women. It's scam! I've dated a lot of women including being married for 24 years. Many were good looking; no kidding. These women are either fake or snobby. I cancelled my subscription.

Bob Kitchener, ON

I found Zoosk there is allot of implied interest but I believe to be fake. Also Zoosk charged me an activation fee as well as the membership fee. The site should distinguish between members that are current, have a paid membership and those that their paid membership is no longer active, or expired.

James Collins Ashburn, VA

nice app, I launched Zoosk and found new girlfriend that evening, today we're going to the date. I also used eHarmony, DoULike, Match.com.

Beckett Box Elder, SD

They create fake a profile, and they using other people picture to connect you, fake person, want your cell phone, then usuing other people name. My advice to you specially people have 1 or two pictures don't trust its fake, they just want your money.

AZ single Scottsdale, AZ

Good luck if you ever want to cancel the membership!!! They KEEP on charging your card even after removing your profile or pressing their "Discontinue" button. Lots of FAKE accounts on this site as well. Many ladies from out of the country who want to email or text after initial contact. A REAL JOKE

Michael Yester Greenville, NC

I subscribed a year ago for their service. I felt it was okay, really only talked and met one person. Otherwise nobody else I reached out to was a paid member. Luckily, I was able to cancel before it renewed. Just like in the article, I paid for the service just to find the message I wanted to see was an automated. That left a bad taste.

T88 Chicago, IL

Useless search engine that does not allow the user to read key information on profiles of interest. Matched with people that live hundreds of miles away! Coin feature and the accumulation thereof is a huge waste of time and must be used to "unlock matched profiles". No way to screen potential matches. Not happy with this site at all.

Jonathan Wade Lanham, MD

Nobody real is ever online and the advertisments are misleading. I joined because the ads made it seem like women are looking for dates but in reality, there were no women looking for dates. The color scheme is bland and boring and modifications have to be done with the font so that it looks inviting.

randy Richland Center, WI

I understand its about making money but . .why should i keep paying for fake messages from shell accounts. If you do find a live person 98 % are gimmee girls looking for free ride free lunch or some other scam.... Not really worth your time

S.R. Corona, CA

I really did not like Zoosk. The website's layout, poor search engine, and critically limited user information was enough to make me realize it was a mistake right after I made my profile. I would recommend not wasting your money.

Cassie Banuelos St. Petersburg, FL

Found my fiancé on this app. Very easy to use and good features on the site! The only downside is having to pay to talk or reach out to most people.

pdanielson13 Draper, UT

Free but not free. I don't want to start the hassle of paying a subscription and unsubscribing back. Good website yet still can't find the right "one".

Kelly Keefe Irvine, CA

I thought it was a relationship site. It's purely for hookups. If I wanted that I would go to Tinder.

bunny kahukura Stoke, NSN

Why is it that when you take a photo down to replace with another your blocked out and can't reply to any messages and can't put a more better photo up of myself again. So very very bad from zoosk. No rating from me.

Dave Fortin Kingston, PA

Definitely not a fan. They try to make you pay for even regular communication. I matched with tons of people but it wasn't very good for connecting unless you paid for everything. I will never use them again.

Judy DeTuccio West Hartford, CT

Don't understand why PAID MEMBERS. Who contact FREE USERS..send them a message..and THEY CANT READ IT UNTIL THEY SIGN UP FOR A PAYING MEMBERSHIP? Are you kidding? Paid members are blocked..a scam

catherine goodwin Farmville, VA

You do not do a very good job at screening. The person I met on your site is a big scammer. Very upset about paying the money I paid thinking you was a secure site. I was very hurt.