Upwise Capital

5.5

LAST UPDATED: July 30th, 2021

Upwise Capital offers over 20 small business lending products and serves over a thousand industries. The company charges nothing to apply, and you can review your options once you’ve connected with Upwise.

The Good

• No Upfront Costs
  • Quick Application Process
  • Product Availability
  • Works with Startups
  • Contact Options
  • Loan Information

No Upfront Costs

It costs $0 to apply with Upwise Capital. Many other lenders have application fees that cost you before you’re even approved, so this is a low-risk and hassle-free way of applying for a loan.

Quick Application Process

Traditional lenders require a long application before approval; Upwise Capital notes that applying for a business loan from a bank takes an average of 26 hours. But with online lenders the experience is much quicker. Upwise Capital boasts a 10-minute application, which lowers the risk associated with applying and being rejected.

Product Availability

Upwise Capital has over 20 options for customers. Many are perfect for small businesses. Here are the product offerings:

• SBA loans
  • Account receivables financing
  • Short term business loans
  • Merchant cash advance

Works with Startups

Many lenders consider startups too risky to finance, but Upwise Capital offers startup capital. Startups can expect high interest rates and will likely need to personally guarantee the loan, but many lenders won’t offer this option.

Contact Options

You can reach Upwise Capital through phone, email, or website form. Many online lenders can be difficult to reach, so having a few channels of communication will help you get a hold of a contact.

Loan Information

Upwise Capital breaks down the pros and cons of several popular loan types and describes the average interest rates, terms, and amounts for each. Many lenders won’t give you this helpful information, so take advantage of the education Upwise Capital provides.

The Bad

Time in Business

Upwise Capital was founded in 2019, so it may not have the longstanding track record that older lenders do. However, you may prefer a newer lender because they address the challenges small businesses seeking capital face in a contemporary environment. Upwise Capital seems to be set up for success, but time will tell, and you may prefer to work with an older business.

The Bottom Line

Upwise Capital has created a strong option for small businesses seeking financing. With a high lending cap and several financing choices, it’s likely that you’d find something for your needs through Upwise. You may prefer another company if you’re looking for a lender that’s been in business a long time, but otherwise, it might be worth giving Upwise Capital a shot.

5.0

Matt Willer Broomfield, CO

Top Notch Service - Great People Joe and his team have been a pleasure to work with. They are prompt, they always do what they say on time or ahead of schedule. I have nothing but positive things to say as a repeat client when it comes to Joe and Upwise. Great partners!

robin s cristo Woodmere, NY

I wanted to take this opportunity to share my experience with Upwise Capital. After multiple times to get information, application etc. for our PPP Loan with our (major) bank (which we have done business with for many, many years) - the only thing that was accomplished was frustration and no results. Upwise Capital was recommended by another business associate. After my initial contact with Mr. L - which he answered all my questions and was extremely professional and helpful. He put me in contact with Dave T. Another breath of fresh air - I actually was helped with application, questions and the entire process for this loan. Bottom line - received my approval 2 days after submitting application. I highly recommend Upwise Capital - responsive, professional and beyond helpful!!! Thank you Dave!!! Robin

HOWARD NEWMAN Melville, NY

I needed funds fast for my business- Joe and the Upwise Team have been incredible throughout this process...They are professional, answered all my questions, and were able to fund my deal where no one else was. I would highly recommend using them... Howard-

John Gainor New York, NY

I have used Upwise Capital to source funding for several of my clients. They are professional and timely and work hard to find a package that works well for all parties. I recommend using their services if you are seeking a capital partner in the cannabis space.

Paul Garcia Fort Myers, FL

When Craig M. reached out to me, I was currently doing business with another company and explained it to him. He was very insightful and gave me some good actionable advice that I followed through on regarding that deal. Although we had not done any business together Craig continued to follow up with me tracking progress and updates. Once I was ready for more capital with better terms he went to work quickly and efficiently finding me exactly what I, and my business, needed! I would highly recommend this Craig, and this outfit, if this is the product you are looking for!

Jeanne Brooklyn, NY

Jim H. of Upwise Capital provided excellent support and expertise in the process of my loan application. He explained what to expect and made the entire process a positive experience. It's not often I work with a lender who instills such a sense of trustworthiness and professionalism. Jeanne

Alex Greenspan New York, NY

The Upwise Capital team was extremely responsive to any questions that we had. They were prompt in their replies and patient with us during this process. They were supportive, kind and advocated for our Company. Would work with them again in a heartbeat. Alex

Darron willis , GA

Man it was the best company I had went though to get approved for the ppp loan they is a real company they don’t play no game at all people work they is nice people to work with I love them company y’all please give this company a chance to get you approved for your business

Aegle Group Grosse Pointe, MI

Upwise was attentive and supportive throughout the entire PPP application process. They responded quickly to questions and were engaged throughout the approval process, even when they no longer could influence the decision. We would totally go with Upwise Capital for capital needs again.

Robert New York, NY

“Working with Upwise was a breath of fresh air during this crazy time. I tried applying for relief financing with my bank and in 6 weeks, got one email from them saying that they received my application for the PPP loan. At my wits end and not knowing what else to do, I found Upwise in a quick search and was so glad that I did. I was able to get Frank on the line who was very nice, personable and knowledgeable. He had me apply through an easy link, and I was approved and funded in just a few days! I’ll be sure to be calling Frank again with any other financing needs I might have in the future. Thank you Frank and Upwise Capital, you guys ROCK!”

antoine huff Detroit, MI

experiance was great ...this was the company that came through and help me save my business.the money they sent me help so much words cant describe..we are very greatful thank you

Madeline Jaquez The Bronx, NY

I worked with Dave T. he keep in contact with you. Makes sure everything is up to part and nothing is left out. Answers all the questions you have. Great communication skill and very friendly as well as respectful

Konstantinos Astoria, NY

Craig M was very helpful. I submitted my application with my accountant for the PPP loan and got denied. After being denied 2 times for my PPP loan, Craig M stepped in and closed the deal. Thanks Craig!

Robert Hucklebridge ,

Upwise Capital is a very professional, efficient, & responsive financial company! Within a week working with Jim H, my contact, I received the very needed funding for one of my companies from both the PPP & EIDL programs available. I would recommend them highly in expediating the financial process in order for one to receive the financial loans so needed today. Thank you Upwise Capital & Jim H for assisting me! Jim H is a great asset to Upwise Capital. Robert H

Scott Peckins Merrick, NY

Joe was a big help in walking me through the process. He took all my phone calls no how late at night to make the process of applying and accepting the offer. I look forward to working with him in the future on other ventures where both he and his firm can be of assistance to me in accessing of other grants or loans being offered by the federal government or others.

Reply from Upwise Capital

Thank you Scott for your review. We are available 24/7 for our clients, we look forward to working with you on other ventures as well!

Claudio Giacaman

Excellent Service, very professional and always available to answer questions and concerns. I will defenitely use their services again!

Reply from Upwise Capital

Thank you Claudio for your review. We are glad we can provide excellent service and look forward to working with you again in the future.

Terry Payne Brandon, FL

Joe L is a top shelf professional. I landed a large project needing a significant amount of working capital to get the job started. Joe had me a proposal in a few hours and I received 100% of the funding wired to my account the very next day. I appreciate UpWise and Joe for helping me grow my business.

Jon Mikey Brooklyn, NY

I rarely write reviews, but my experience with Upwise Capital was too good to ignore. I worked with Joe who was patient, knowledgeable, and extremely responsive. They got me the capital I needed within one day. They were extremely friendly, and there was no drama. I highly recommend them!

Eddy Moronta Maywood, NJ

Thank you for everything! We wouldn’t have been able to keep our restaurant open during the pandemic if it weren’t for your amazing support!

Jody Meyer

Joe L very quickly found us sources of funding for our PPP application and we received our funding quickly.

Reply from Upwise Capital

Thank you Jody for your response, we are glad we could help you with the PPP. We look forward to working with you again in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Peter DiFilippo

Excellent service and fast results. They are extremely knowledgeable and they know how to help your business.

Reply from Upwise Capital

Thank you Peter for your review. We value your business and look forward to working with again.

Jeff Wacker ,

Joe at Upwise Capital was great very helpful always picked up the phone when I called and called me with the latest updates on my load would recommend Joe and his team to anyone looking for some Capital...

Evelin Escano ,

Exceptional help service very quick decision in two days I got my loan thanks for the team you have.

Four Seasons Design Build Gaithersburg, MD

Excellent Communication and extremely responsive. One of the best company I have done business with.

Bryan Baltimore, MD

Working with Craig M was a great experience - service was fast and easy. Would definitely recommend giving Craig M a call for your funding needs.

Holding Jewelry Mesa, AZ

Good company,fast service,helps a lot with my business

Anthony S. New York, NY

They were very helpful in assisting navigating the SBA PPP loan process

Sean Evans Lake Forest, CA

Joe got us funding, made the process simple and was able to fund multiple deals for us very quickly! Great company. Highly recommend.

niyah taylor Newark, NJ

Very quick in response time and problem solving. I appreciate the help greatly!

Fred Englishtown, NJ

Worked with Craig M. Great job. Helpful and responsive.

Jack Geffken Huntington Station, NY

Great experience. Would definitely use again, Responsive professional service !!

Reply from Upwise Capital

Thank you Jack for your review. We are glad you had a great experience working with Upwise and we hope you use us again when you need financing. We look forward to it!