SkyCap Funding is a lending company that specializes in creating financing solutions for small businesses. Instead of providing traditional, collateral-secured loans, SkyCap Funding bases their financing offers on a business’s projected revenue, much like a business cash advance, merchant cash advance, or credit card factoring.

Rank Chart
Interest Rates
Revenue Requirement

The application process is quick and simple, and if SkyCap is unable to provide funding directly, they will outsource the application to one of their partners to find a financing option that fits the customer’s needs.

Types of Loans Offered
Rates Offered

View Top Rated Company

Term Lengths

View Typical Term Rates

The Good

Wide Range of Loan Amounts

Funding ranges from $2,500 to $500,000. All financing options are unsecured, meaning they do not require collateral. SkyCap Funding does not require a credit score upfront, nor do they have a minimum credit score requirement.

Variety of Repayment Options

SkyCap has three repayment options, so there really is something for everyone:

• ACH (Automated Clearing House) that automatically debits your account on a daily basis (Monday – Friday).
  • ACH that automatically debts your account once a week.
  • Daily repayment amounts based on a percentage of your credit card sales. This means that business owners are not locked into a fixed amount if their revenue goes down and gives them more flexibility all around.
Outsourcing Available

SkyCap Funding is a direct lender for their own services and application. However, if they are unable to fund a business themselves, they will outsource to one of their partners to try to find a good fit for the applying business. If the applicant is able to secure funding with the partnering company, SkyCap Funding receives a fee of 5% to 10% of the loan amount.

The Bad

Unknown Terms, Interest Rates, and More

As with any unsecured financing and especially with what is essentially a business cash advance, the interest rates are going to be higher than with a traditional bank or SBA loan. Of course, this is just a guess because SkyCap Funding does not display interest rates on site. We also couldn’t find term lengths, minimum application requirements, or fees.

SkyCap Funding has a simple application that does not require the same extensive documentation that a bank would ask for. However, applying businesses do not know the requirements before applying (much like working with banks). Startup or struggling businesses will not be likely to find financing solutions until those basic requirements are met.

Missing Online Presence

Surprisingly in today’s digital marketplace, SkyCap Funding has an extremely minimal internet presence. They do not have any social media profiles or accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube (with the single exception of LinkedIn). They also don’t have a BBB rating.

Find Other Business Loans

The Bottom Line

For a small business looking for quick and easily secured business capital, SkyCap Funding should not be a first choice. While they do offer a simple application that requires only basic information and no secured collateral, the unknowns outweigh this. SkyCap Funding’s claims are enticing but be aware of the lack of information and take the time to research any third-party lenders before accepting financing offers.

View Top Rated Lenders

*Star Rating is determined by evaluating APR range, minimum credit score requirement, revenue requirement, length in business requirement, and other related approval data.

More Information

Before Applying

SkyCap Funding offers no details on their minimum approval qualifications. Filling out an application with them before knowing if you qualify could end up damaging your credit score (if you are rejected). We recommend either speaking with a SkyCap Funding representative, or looking at our top recommended small business loan provider.

How to Apply

On SkyCap’s home page, they lead you directly to an application without giving you any real information. You will be asked to fill out information in 3 steps:

Step #1:

• State
  • Work Phone
  • Cell

Step #3:

See what you qualify for (they will give you a loan amount that you qualify for based on the information you provided and a quote tracking number). From here you can continue the application online or by fax.

X close
X close

6 SkyCap Funding Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

1. User Score

September 7th, 2016

I had an amazing experience with Skycap Funding, they delivered exactly what they promised. I received the requested amount in the requested time frame. The representatives I dealt with were all courteous and helpful.
    I would definitely recommend

2. User Score

July 18th, 2016 Whitney, TX

I spoke over a period of two week with a rep here, explaining to him my situations of bad credit but the nessasry revenue to get a loan. He assured me they don’t go off of credit but how much we deposit a month. I gathered everything and applied. He assured me I would have a decision within 48 hours….. Two weeks later, after me trying to contact him numerous times through email and phone calls, I get the decision of a NO, based on credit! On top of that my credit took a hit which I told him I didn’t want to happen if I wouldn’t be approved ! They assure you your credit can me 500 or lower and if you have the revenue they will get you a loan. All lies just to get your application in car salesman work here they are not financial advisory / loan officers! Very unprofessional !

1 1

3. User Score

July 5th, 2016 Ashburn, VA

I found Skycap to be very professional and helpful. I have worked with several other companies in the past but with these guys, I was assigned a personal account rep who was extremely helpful and I was able to talk to him whenever I had a question. He also got me on a program that was a lot more beneficial to my business than any other cash advances I have had in the past. Great company to work with.

1 1

4. User Score

June 26th, 2016

Skycap Funding was professional and courteous. They got me the working capital I needed in a timely and efficient manner. They asked for minimal documentation, much less than my bank. It is more expensive than the bank but much much easier and faster. I recommend them highly.

5. User Score

April 18th, 2016

I can’t get a hold of anyone they are double dipping into my account and haven’t received anything nor an explanation about how the program works. I emailed stating I wanted out before any money left my account. Now what do I do?

3 1

6. User Score

March 14th, 2016

They are horrible horrible people. We paid 2 payments and never got nothing.. not even a phone call. No help what so ever. We cancelled with them and they still tried to take money out every 2 weeks. so now we paid them 2 payments plus 4 NSF fees.. And they wont refund us ANYTHING. Spread the word about these douchbags. They are a SCAM!!!!

6 1