Kabbage is a lending program based in Atlanta, Georgia that developed an online algorithm to simplify the application and approval process for small businesses. Unlike traditional lenders, they look at business performance online through business checking accounts, payment processing, and shipping data – not manual forms – to automatically assess qualification. Kabbage boasts a high success rate: Over 90 percent of all Kabbage transactions come from repeat users.

For borrowers looking for a small business loan from Kabbage, having a low credit score won't necessarily knock them out of the running. Kabbage looks primarily at current annual revenue (they want to see more than $50k/year or $4,200/month for the past 3 months) and the amount of time in business (needs to exceed one year). Typical Kabbage borrowers also have a good social media presence and high amounts of inventory. Kabbage lines of credit are used to cover operating expenses while waiting on payments and receivables, cover operating expenses during slower seasons, and covering unexpected expenses. Those who choose Kabbage business loans should remember that funding is not available to startups.

You can find Kabbage reviews below to learn how customers feel about the lender.

The Good

• Short-Term Loans
  • Transparent Application Requirements
  • No Closing or Origination Fees
  • Resources
  • Kabbage Card
  • Repeat Users

Short-Term Loans

Loans from Kabbage are great for businesses that need capital on an ongoing basis. Loan amounts go up to $250,000. Kabbage also has a unique borrowing model that allows the borrowers to only use what they need. Even if a business is approved for up to $250,000, the borrower only pays for what they take.

Loans from Kabbage are set up on a short-term manageable payment platform. They offer eligible customers 6-, 12-, or 18-month loan terms.

Additional advantages of Kabbage Small Business Loans:

• Loans are scalable and manageable
  • Quick approval and fast access to funds
  • Simple monthly fee

Transparent Application Requirements

In comparison to other lenders, Kabbage provides a great deal of information online without having to apply first. Their website includes the following helpful information:

• Companies need to be in business for one year before applying
  • Companies need to be making a minimum of $50k annually or $4,200 monthly for the past three months
  • No pre-payment penalties on 6 and 12-month terms
  • No closing fees
  • No origination fees
  • 1.5-10 percent interest rates
  • Good resources
  • No minimum credit score needed

No Closing or Origination Fees

Unlike many business loans providers, Kabbage does not charge any closing or origination fees. This saves borrowers money and can provide them with peace of mind that there are no hidden fees.

Resources

Kabbage has a "Resources" tab on their website which connects to a blog. This site houses a good amount of content that businesses can access for free, including business news, webinars, eBooks, tips, and more. Under Kabbage's "How It Works" tab, there is a calculator that gives potential borrowers an estimation of their total payment based on the amount they plan to borrow and the length of the term. Typically, the longer the term of the loan, the higher the amount owed.

Kabbage Card

Kabbage has a new exclusive Kabbage card that customers can keep in their wallets and access their funds whenever and wherever they need them. Customers can apply for the Kabbage card on Kabbage's website through a brief form, and the card will be delivered to them in 7-10 business days. When they receive it, customers can activate the credit card online through their Kabbage account dashboard. The benefits of the Kabbage card include:

• Access to available funds at the point of sale
  • Remote access to Kabbage account
  • Business purchases and investments anywhere Visa is accepted
  • No minimum purchase amount or limit to the number of purchases allowed in a day (but limitations include 25K daily card limit, 50K monthly, and 600K annually)
  • No additional hidden monthly fee or cost
  • Straightforward terms: with every transaction made by the Kabbage card, it creates a new, six-month loan that has the same fees and terms as customers' other six-month business loans.

Repeat Users

The average Kabbage customer utilizes the line of credit four times a year. This indicates that many businesses are using Kabbage's service and that the payment scale is affordable and sustainable. Additionally, the high number of repeat users indicates that Kabbage's application and approval process is streamlined for small businesses. Customers simply need their financial documents and a quality credit score. If a customer qualifies, there is an instant approval, rather than an extended waiting period.

Check rates with Kabbage

The Bad

• Short-Term Solutions
  • Low Amounts of Capital
  • Personal Guarantee

Short-Term Solutions

As mentioned earlier, Kabbage's lending platform is based on the line-of-credit industry. When customers apply for a loan with Kabbage, it is a short-term solution. Most Kabbage clients use their funds for short-term needs, such as equipment upgrades, purchasing inventory, or funding payroll. Kabbage does not offer traditional loans, large loans for bigger businesses, or other types of conventional funding. Another factor to consider is that Kabbage does not offer an SBA (Small Business Administration) service. Therefore, the borrower is not included in some key SBA programs. Other limitations include:

Low Amounts of Capital

Kabbage only lends business owners a maximum of $250,000. This amount makes sense if there are only 12 months to pay back the loan, but it's not a large enough working capital for many businesses. Man

Personal Guarantee

When someone takes out a Kabbage loan, they state that "you personally guarantee that you will pay back your loan, but you do not have to put up any real estate or personal collateral." In many cases, a personal guarantee requires the borrower to put up personal collateral. This confusing language makes it difficult to know what collateral customers are really promising to Kabbage when they take out a loan. Read Kabbage reviews below to learn how borrowers feel about the lender and the personal guarantee.

The Bottom Line

Kabbage is a great way for small business owners to secure short-term business loans. Borrowers should consider Kabbage as a lender if they need small amounts for immediate short-term needs, such as new inventory purchases or payroll. Potential Kabbage loan customers should read Kabbage business loan reviews if they want get a better grasp of what the company has to offer. Overall, if you don't mind waiting a few days for funding, can work with low amounts of working capital, and you feel confident in your ability to pay back the loan (and don't mind having a personal guarantee attached to the loan), we recommend using Kabbage.

If you want to see how customers feel Kabbage measures up to other business lenders in regards to term loans, loan amounts, repayment terms, customer service, and more, check out Kabbage reviews below.

4.8

Olivia Chuk
March 13th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I ran into a issue & Matthew was so helpful. He was so great!!

Mar 13, 2019

We are glad that your issue was resolved! Thanks for leaving us a review!

Juan Carvajalino
March 13th, 2019 Hollywood, FL DETAILS

Excellent customer service, they are there when you need it.

Mar 13, 2019

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

Mark A Martin
March 13th, 2019 Commerce, TX DETAILS

Kabbage, has helped me several times with cash flow to further my company. They have been great to work with.

Mar 13, 2019

Thank you for your review!

Susann Jones
March 13th, 2019 West Middlesex, PA DETAILS

Kabbage is teaching me how to mange my business and become more updated in, accounting, Management. When I call there is always someone truly happy to help. Zelenka was the last Customer Service agent I spoke to, she was amazing and supportive with my questions and directions. A real Cheer Leader for my business' growth.

Mar 13, 2019

Thanks so much for your great review!

Paul Hoggatt
March 13th, 2019 Houston, TX

Great answers to all my questions! Very polite and friendly! Zelenka was outstanding!

Mar 13, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review!

Matty
March 12th, 2019 Waikoloa, HI DETAILS

Caty was very helpful in explaining the proper way to make smaller payments towards the monthly payment due. I really appreciated the help and the assistance for this months payment.

Mar 12, 2019

Thanks for your great review!

Wanda Brisco
March 12th, 2019 Waldorf, MD DETAILS

The service I received today was excellent. Christian was extremely professional, timely and accommodating in addressing my request.

Mar 12, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

G
March 12th, 2019 Dayton, OH DETAILS

I had a horrific two week debacle of an experience, trying to ask basic questions without getting clear answers and then being approved but not having access to funds with no clear explanations why, being told to turn in papers that I had already submitted, being told I would get an update call without receiving one... and more. When assigned to an account rep (Sonny), I was not only given all of the above, but was also treated with smug condescension and lack of professionalism when asking basic common sense questions. If I had to base my opinion of Kabbage on this experience alone, I would be reporting them to the BBB for questionable practices, as I was led to believe that my financial information was not received, secure or understood and was getting requests for more. However, I lucked into Caitlyn on one of my many many attempts to communicate and she was astounding. She was friendly, polite, efficient and reassuring. She understood my very basic questions, answered them with ease and personally researched anything that didn't add up. Her skill at handling the situation was perfect and was ultimately what led me to becoming a customer.

Mar 12, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a detailed review, and we are glad that your business is using Kabbage. We want to apologize for your poor initial, but we are truly glad that everything was able to be resolved. I will be sending you a private message as well.

Yvon Douran
March 12th, 2019 Santa Barbara, CA DETAILS

Called customer service and Josh S helped. Josh was extremely thorough in all of the answers he gave and also provided additional information which was most helpful.

Nov 12, 2018

Thanks, Yvon, for the great review!

Amillar
March 11th, 2019 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

It was a great experience speaking to you and you helping resolve my issues. Thanks

Anthony Wooten
March 11th, 2019 Cordova, TN DETAILS

Customer Service is great. I had to move my payment out a couple of days and Matthew in customer service took care of it w/ no problem and he explain in detail what was taken place and let me choose the best option for my Firm. Great work Matthew!!

Mar 11, 2019

We are glad that you had such a great experience! We appreciate your review!

O. Duman
March 11th, 2019 Andover, MA DETAILS

I just got great customer support from Caty B. Very professional, prompt and kind.

Mar 11, 2019

Thanks for your review! We appreciate it!

Alan
March 11th, 2019 Ventura, CA DETAILS

The representative was very helpful in helping me re-schedule a payment

Mar 11, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

ray howell
March 8th, 2019 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

Thanks to my customer service rep name zelenka I was able to get a lot accomplished with my account she was very helpful and courteous it was almost as if we have known each other for years she really is a asset to this company .

Mar 08, 2019

Thanks for your awesome review! We appreciate it!

Catherine Janco
March 8th, 2019 Belle Vernon, PA DETAILS

Patty was very helpful and understanding of our situation. She was professional, knowledgeable, and solved our immediate problems. Thanks

Mar 08, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Catherine!

Cathy moss
March 8th, 2019 Jensen Beach, FL

I called three times to resolve an issue. Caitlyn was the fourth and handled it efficiently.

Mar 08, 2019

We are glad that your issue was resolved! We apologize for any inconveniences.

Denise
March 7th, 2019 Westminster, CO DETAILS

Very convenient service! Customer service is timely and accurate.

Nick
March 7th, 2019 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

I called seeking past statements my account that were not available online, and Cam went above and beyond to help me out, sending an email with all of the requested materials minutes after we had gotten off the phone. Thank you!

Mar 08, 2019

We appreciate this review, Nick!

Allen
March 7th, 2019 Dallas, PA DETAILS

my experience as a whole has been very easy and quick. Today I had questions and Becca took care of my questions and sent over what I needed asap. Great Job!

Mar 08, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

MikeW.
March 6th, 2019 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

Needed help changing primary account and Sami took care of it for me. Very friendly. Easy to reach on the phone.

Mar 08, 2019

Thanks for leaving this great review! We appreciate it!

James Jacobi
March 6th, 2019 Randolph Township, NJ

service has been great on the phone. just wish I would have gotten funds faster. Matthew was excellent on the phone and his follow-through was expedient.

Mar 08, 2019

Thanks for leaving your feedback! We are glad that you had a great customer service experience!

PATRICK H FREEMAN
March 5th, 2019 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

Sami was outstanding and very helpful. You can tell that her intent from the beginning was to make sure that I was satisfied, and for that I'm very grateful.

Mar 05, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Patrick!

Xavier R Williams
March 4th, 2019 Lee's Summit, MO DETAILS

Ms.Sami was very helpful.She was very courteous and professional.She was able to resolve my request in 5-10 while remaining on the line.Thanks again.

Mar 04, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Tom
March 4th, 2019 Augusta, KS DETAILS

Was very helpful and assisted me with paying back a loan with no problems. I am extremely satisfied with how this program works to help with small businesses and their ever changing needs.

Mar 04, 2019

Tom, thanks for your awesome review!

Brien O'Brien
March 4th, 2019 Palm Springs, CA DETAILS

Kabbage has been a valued partner of mine for several years now. I had a problem with my account and every person, every step of the way listened to my challenge and worked to my benefit to correct the issue. This really made me feel like they saw me as a real person and a real small business owner, not just a number or the signature on the black and white pages of an inflexible contract. I'd like to give special recognition to Jennifer T, Amy B, and Caroline for really treating me with kindness, compassion, understanding, and respect during our interactions. This sealed the deal that I will be a Kabbage partner for years to come and gladly share the great experience I've had with other small business owners.

Mar 04, 2019

Brien, thanks so much for your review. We are proud to partner with your business, and we are glad that we were able to resolve the issue on the account. We truly look forward to continuing our partnership!

Teresa
March 4th, 2019 Rapid City, MI

The application process with Kabbage was simple and approval was quick. When I had questions I spoke with Sami, she was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Mar 04, 2019

Thanks for your review, Teresa!

Eva & Tom
March 4th, 2019 North East, MD

Mathew was perfect in every way. He answered our questions, and took the time to make sure we understand the ways we can access our available funds.

Mar 04, 2019

Thanks so much! We appreciate your review!

LAURA MARIE O'NEAL
March 4th, 2019 Tustin, CA DETAILS

Jared was very helpful and courteous. Seems like he really likes his job.

Mar 04, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

Keri-Ann Knight
March 1st, 2019 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

The representatives take the time to explain in details all that you need to know and to answer your questions.

Mar 04, 2019

Thank you for your review!

DAN H. DAWSON
March 1st, 2019 Westfield, IN DETAILS

I just got off the phone with a one Caty B. and she was phenomenal to work with!!! Once I relayed my issue/problem requesting a new repayment schedule, she was all over it with help, kindness, and understanding. She was really GREAT to work with!!! DAN

Mar 04, 2019

Thank you so much for leaving such a great review!

Jim A.
March 1st, 2019 Homer Glen, IL DETAILS

Emma B was the representative, that helped me today. She was very nice and informative about my situation.

Jorge Alvarez
February 28th, 2019 Washington, DC

Sami was an excellent representative. She was polite, articulate, had excellent knowledge of the process and great phone manners.

Feb 28, 2019

Thanks so much for your review!

Sunil G Singh
February 27th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

Shannon is a great customer service representative. Very helpful and courteous.

Feb 27, 2019

Thank you for your review, Sunil! We appreciate it!

Beth L
February 27th, 2019 Pacifica, CA DETAILS

Overall I am happy with the services provided by Kabbage. One area of possible improvement would be a calculator that allows the user to determine how payments will be affected by early payoff/higher monthly payments. Jennifer T was professional, a good communicator and very helpful in explaining the process though I am confident that a calculator is needed.

Feb 27, 2019

Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate your feedback, and our team will look into your suggestion.

Dana
February 25th, 2019 Fairfield, NJ DETAILS

Very knowledgeable, polite, and helpful!! Thank you so much!!!😋

Jan 02, 2019

Thanks for the wonderful review. We look forward to continually earning your business!

Clem
February 25th, 2019 North Brunswick, NJ DETAILS

Kabbage service and access has always been reliable and accurate. Recent support from Sami on 22 Feb was clear, completely non-antagonistic, and the terms matched her followup email. A difficult situation was changed into a manageable solution, very efficient and effective customer service from Sami.

Feb 25, 2019

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate it!

Jorge L Alvarez
February 25th, 2019 Deerfield Beach, FL

Becca was a great help when I needed to switch bank accounts due to fraud. Thanks Again

Feb 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Darlene
February 22nd, 2019 Beverly Hills, CA DETAILS

I love Kabbage. I have received very good service from everyone that I have talked to. Thank you, Matthew, for handling the email update.

Feb 25, 2019

Thank you for your great review, Darlene!

Luxury Sport
February 22nd, 2019 Stone Mountain, GA DETAILS

Becca was great. She’s very helpful and understands small business ownership. She’s definitely a great asset to kabbage

Feb 25, 2019

We appreciate your review!

Patrick j Mcdonough
February 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

Called a few times today to add a bank account and change it to the primary account. Jared and Christen were very helpful, knowledgeable and efficient. I was very impressed with the speed that my issues were handled and solved. Thanks Jared, for the follow up email when everything was completed on your end.

Feb 25, 2019

Thanks so much for your review!

Juan M Avalos
February 21st, 2019 Middletown, NY DETAILS

I am very content with the financial services that Kabbage has offered me in these past few months. Today I spoke with Sami and she was very courteous and offered the best help that was at her disposal. I could not boast how happy I am with Kabbage and your service.

Feb 21, 2019

Thanks so much for this review! We appreciate your kind words!

Tim
February 21st, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS

This has been a valuable resource to me and my company. They are easy to work with and I'd recommend them to those in need. I'm especially grateful for Emma B, as she's gone above and beyond to help me out and solidify my positive experiences with Kabbage.

Feb 21, 2019

Thanks for this great review, Tim!

ESSENTIAL EXPRESS INC
February 21st, 2019 Ellijay, GA DETAILS

PATTY WALKED ME THROUGH THE PROCESS OF ADDING MY NEW BUSINESS ACOUNT, THE ENTIRE PROCESS WAS SEAMLESS, ACCURATE, EFFICIENT AND TOOK A LOT LESS TIME THAN I ANTICIPATED. THANKS PATTY FOR BEING GREAT AT YOUR JOB AND BEING KNOWLEDGEABLE.

Feb 21, 2019

Thank you so much for this great review! We are glad that you had a seamless experience!

John V
February 20th, 2019 Phoenixville, PA DETAILS

Loan cut in half two weeks into loan disbursement. Had to contact BBB for wrongful loan practices. Would not recommend this company. Company kept calling me even though all payments were on time.

Feb 22, 2019

John, we want to apologize for your poor experience. I am going to send you a private message with my email address, so we can understand more about what happened.

TONY R HARDRICK
February 20th, 2019 Birmingham, AL DETAILS

I have had a great experience in doing business with Kabbage. Even when I have had slow business months your company does a great job in assisting me with options to pick back up and get back rolling again also SAMI took very good care of me and I was very pleased with the way she handles business. Thanks Again!

Feb 21, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave this awesome review!

David Garofano
February 19th, 2019 Derry, NH DETAILS

Hi, I had an issue with paypal working and facebook...I contacted you and Matthew was of great help!! Thanks Matthew!

Feb 21, 2019

We are glad that you were able to get that resolved! Thank for your review!

Mario
February 19th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Sammy was a great help and answered all my questions!

Feb 21, 2019

We appreciate your review! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Theresa
February 19th, 2019 Turner, ME DETAILS

Becca was very helpful today when I called with a concern.

Feb 21, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review!

ZP
February 19th, 2019 Newhall, CA DETAILS

Denisa was super helpful and made it easy!

Khadim hussain
February 19th, 2019 Hempstead, NY DETAILS

Good service good communication and good understanding 👍

Feb 19, 2019

Thanks so much for the review!