Kabbage is facilitating the distribution of CARES funds through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)

On behalf of one or more approved U.S. Small Business Association (SBA) lenders, Kabbage is offering PPP loans via a simple online Kabbage application. Loan agreements under this program will be submitted to the SBA for approval and disbursement of funds.

The interest rate for this loan is 1% with a six-month loan payment deferment and a maturity of two years for repayment. The loan provides economic relief for costs incurred from February 15 to June 30, 2020.

Kabbage is also offering a low-rate gift card sales option to small businesses at this time. If you sign up for Kabbage Payments™, you will get a unique URL from which customers can buy online gift certificates in the amount of $15–$500. Until June 2020, you pay 2.25% per card transaction and 2.5% per gift certificate transaction.

Kabbage continues to offer line of credit small business loans with less of a focus on personal credit than that of a traditional bank or credit union.

Kabbage is a lending program based in Atlanta, Georgia, that developed an online algorithm to simplify the application and approval process for small businesses. Unlike traditional lenders, they look at business performance online through business checking accounts, payment processing, and shipping data — not manual forms — to automatically assess qualification.

Kabbage boasts a high success rate: Over 90 percent of all Kabbage transactions come from repeat users.

For borrowers looking for a small business loan from Kabbage, having a low credit score won't necessarily knock them out of the running. Kabbage looks primarily at current annual revenue (they want to see more than $50k per year or $4,200 per month for the past 3 months) and the amount of time in business (needs to exceed one year). Typical Kabbage borrowers also have a good social media presence and high amounts of inventory.

Kabbage lines of credit are used to cover operating expenses while waiting on payments and receivables, cover operating expenses during slower seasons, and cover unexpected expenses.

Those who choose Kabbage business loans should remember that funding is not available to startups.

You can find Kabbage reviews below to learn how customers feel about the lender.

The Good

• Short-Term Loans
  • Transparent Application Requirements
  • No Closing or Origination Fees
  • Resources
  • Kabbage Card
  • Cash Flow Insights
  • Kabbage Desktop and Mobile App
  • Repeat Users

Short-Term Loans

Loans from Kabbage are great for businesses that need capital on an ongoing basis. Loan amounts go up to $250,000. Kabbage also has a unique borrowing model that allows the borrowers to only use what they need. Even if a business is approved for up to $250,000, the borrower only pays for what they take.

Loans from Kabbage are set up on a short-term manageable payment platform. They offer eligible customers 6-, 12-, or 18-month loan terms.

Additional advantages of Kabbage Small Business Loans:

• Loans are scalable and manageable
  • Quick approval and fast access to funds
  • Simple monthly fee

Transparent Application Requirements

In comparison to other lenders, Kabbage provides a great deal of information online without having to apply first. Their website includes the following helpful information:

• Companies need to be in business for one year before applying
  • Companies need to be making a minimum of $50k annually or $4,200 monthly for the past three months
  • No pre-payment penalties on 6- and 12-month terms
  • No closing fees
  • No origination fees
  • 1.5–10 percent interest rates
  • Good resources
  • No minimum credit score needed; Kabbage weighs your personal credit score as less significant than some other lenders

No Closing or Origination Fees

Unlike many business loans providers, Kabbage does not charge any closing or origination fees. This saves borrowers money and can provide them with peace of mind that there are no hidden fees.

Resources

Kabbage has a "Resources" tab on their website which connects to a blog. This site houses a good amount of content that businesses can access for free, including business news, webinars, eBooks, tips, and more. Under Kabbage's "How It Works" tab, there is a calculator that gives potential borrowers an estimation of their total payment based on the amount they plan to borrow and the length of the term. Typically, the longer the term of the loan, the higher the amount owed.

Kabbage Card

Kabbage has a new exclusive Kabbage card that customers can keep in their wallets and access their funds whenever and wherever they need them. Customers can apply for the Kabbage card on Kabbage's website through a brief form, and the card will be delivered to them in 7–10 business days. When they receive it, customers can activate the credit card online through their Kabbage account dashboard. The benefits of the Kabbage card include:

• Access to available funds at the point of sale
  • Remote access to your Kabbage account
  • Business purchases and investments anywhere Visa is accepted
  • No minimum purchase amount or limit to the number of purchases allowed in a day (but limitations include 25K daily card limit, 50K monthly, and 600K annually)
  • No additional hidden monthly fee or cost
  • Straightforward terms: with every transaction made by the Kabbage card, it creates a new, six-month loan that has the same fees and terms as customers' other six-month business loans.

Cash Flow Insights

Kabbage can help business owners understand crucial data with the Kabbage Insights™ tool. This tool brings together your checking account and other bank account information in one place so you can see the big picture of your business performance and cash flow patterns. Furthermore, it can generate balance forecasts and alerts that can inform your decisions as you prepare for future opportunities and needs.

Kabbage Desktop and Mobile App

Users can apply for funding and manage their business line of credit through the Kabbage mobile app and desktop version. The option for mobile usage is paramount for businesses that want to stay competitive, and the Kabbage mobile app averages 4+ stars by mobile reviewers for its utility.

Repeat Users

The average Kabbage customer utilizes the line of credit four times a year. This indicates that many businesses are using Kabbage's service and that the payment scale is affordable and sustainable. Additionally, the high number of repeat users indicates that Kabbage's application and approval process is streamlined for small businesses. Customers simply need their financial documents and a quality credit score. If a customer qualifies, there is an instant approval, rather than an extended waiting period.

Check rates with Kabbage

The Bad

• Short-Term Solutions
  • Low Amounts of Capital
  • Personal Guarantee
  • Exclusions

Short-Term Solutions

As mentioned earlier, Kabbage's lending platform is based on the line-of-credit industry. When customers apply for a loan with Kabbage, it is a short-term solution. Most Kabbage clients use their funds for short-term needs, such as equipment upgrades, purchasing inventory, or funding payroll. Kabbage does not offer traditional loans, large loans for bigger businesses, or other types of conventional funding. Another factor to consider is that Kabbage does not offer an SBA (Small Business Administration) service. Therefore, the borrower is not included in some key SBA programs.

Low Amounts of Capital

Kabbage only lends business owners a maximum of $250,000. This amount makes sense if there are only 12 months to pay back the loan, but it's not a large enough working capital for many businesses.

Personal Guarantee

When someone takes out a Kabbage loan, they state that "you personally guarantee that you will pay back your loan, but you do not have to put up any real estate or personal collateral." In many cases, a personal guarantee requires the borrower to put up personal collateral. This confusing language makes it difficult to know what collateral customers are really promising to Kabbage when they take out a loan. Read Kabbage reviews below to learn how borrowers feel about the lender and the personal guarantee.

Exclusions

Like most online lenders, Kabbage does mention a few industries that aren't eligible for funding:

• Marijuana/CBD companies
  • Firearms
  • Gambling
  • Financial institutions
  • Lending organizations
  • Nonprofits

The Bottom Line

Kabbage is a great way for small business owners to secure short-term business loans. Borrowers should consider Kabbage as a lender if they need small amounts for immediate short-term needs, such as new inventory purchases or payroll. Potential Kabbage loan customers should read Kabbage business loan reviews if they want get a better grasp of what the company has to offer.

Overall, if you don't mind waiting a few days for funding, can work with low amounts of working capital, and you feel confident in your ability to pay back the loan (and don't mind having a personal guarantee attached to the loan), we recommend using Kabbage.

If you want to see how customers feel Kabbage measures up to other business lenders in regards to term loans, loan amounts, repayment terms, customer service, and more, check out Kabbage reviews below.

4.8

Sean Peterson

January 22nd, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like that when I call with a question I get an answer and Marcus is always so professional and actually cares, he wants to help you. I really appreciate Marcus’ attitude and level of service. Thank you!

Jan 23, 2020

Thanks for your great review!

Robert Lamb

January 21st, 2020 Mason, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jules was outstanding. Took care of my withdrawal issue in just a couple minutes and was a delight to speak to. She’s got a bright future. Thanks Robert Lamb

Jan 23, 2020

We appreciate your review!

Calder City Taxicab

January 20th, 2020 Grand Rapids, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a cash flow problem, and was going to have a hard time making my scheduled payment. Jared L. was very helpful and explained my options to me. It is very hard when you have to make a call like this, but he was very kind.

Jan 23, 2020

We appreciate your review!

Cornelius Spillane

January 19th, 2020 Cumming, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was very impressed with the Kabbage Team and they service. The application process was very easy and the questions we had were answered very quickly by Jules and Marshall. Jules was very professional and helpful.

Jan 23, 2020

Thanks so much for this awesome review!

Daniel Roberts

January 18th, 2020 Oak Lawn, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kabbage has horrible customer service!! I’ve been with them over a year and a half. Only time your assigned case worker emails u if they want you to pull out money. That’s it!! My credit line is only 9,000 dollars the same amount since I opened it. Never missed a payment or was late. When u want to reach out to them it’s terrible. Literally I’ve been trying to reach my account manager for months. He never replies to my email. I try to call no one calls me back. It’s ridiculous. Last time , I talked to my account manager was in November it’s January. Almost 2 months now trying to reach him to ask a simple question. U call customer service they tell u that they cannot help u. U must talk to your account manager. Very Very unprofessional

Louis C

January 18th, 2020 Newnan, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Top notch customer service, very competent personnel, too bad that there are not more companies in or country that raise to the level of Kabbage, when it comes to support.

Jan 23, 2020

We appreciate this great review of our service!

Theodore Maranda

January 17th, 2020 Bellingham, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ryan was very helpful and helped me achieve my objective. Thanks Ryan.

Jan 23, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

z miller

January 15th, 2020 Prescott, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kellie was very helpfull fixed the problem. We have only been with them for a little while but it has been quick and easy to get the things done that they needed and to use the website to access the funds as we need them. Thank you Kellie for fixing the problem in a fast and friendly and professional way.

Jan 23, 2020

Thanks so much for this review! Thanks for choosing Kabbage as your funding partner!

Julie

January 15th, 2020 Abington, MA

Jules answered all my questions. Thank you Jules for being patient with me and helping me with my pile of confusion!! Kabbage is #1 in my book.

Jan 23, 2020

We appreciate you leaving us a review! Thanks!

Debra Nickle

January 15th, 2020 Reeds Spring, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used Kabbage for my business for several years now. It is a great convenience for me. Today we had a glitch in the system with processing, but Zelenka helped me to immediately resolve it so that I could get on with my day! Thanks Zelenka!!

Jan 23, 2020

We appreciate your awesome feedback!

David Garofano

January 15th, 2020 Derry, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used Kabbage for over 10 years, never an issue. I recently had some issues with my health and needed to contact them about an issue. Jared was the representative I dealt with. He was awesome to deal with. 5+ stars. Thank you

Feb 21, 2019

We are glad that you were able to get that resolved! Thank for your review!

Kendall Denson

January 14th, 2020 Spring, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zelenka was my customer service agent on 1/13/2020, she was great and fabulous and knowledgeable. She assisted me to the end and I'm Thankful for her assistance. My God continue to bless her and in all her future endeavors. V/r, Kendall Denson Denson Enterprise, LLC Houston, TX

Jan 15, 2020

Thanks so much for this awesome review! We appreciate it!

April of FOXERS

January 13th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

JULES! Kabbage has been there when I needed them. Now that we're adjusting to a new loan process I have had to call in twice and today I received Jules. She was so understanding and I never felt like my efforts were a dead end like when dealing with most financial institutions. THANK YOU Jules! You gave me peace of mind for the weekend. I'm so thankful to be a customer of Kabbage. Soon it will be my source for other financial channels. I am proud to be a Kabbage customer. Best wishes to continued success team Kabbage, especially Jules and Zalenka. Sincerely and respectfully, April Spring, FOXERS

Jan 15, 2020

Wow, thank you so much for leaving this awesome review! We are glad that we were able to assist!

Lolo

January 11th, 2020 Cambridge, MA

Jules gave great information. Thank you for the help. Awesome customer service at kabbage you guys rock

Jan 15, 2020

Thanks so much for this great review!

R. Cahill

January 10th, 2020 Yellow Springs, OH

Jules was able to help with some questions I had with my account, which was great because I was super confused. She was polite and even made me laugh a few times. Thank you Jules!!!!

Denise Andreu

January 9th, 2020 Portland, TN

The customer service is excellent. Marcus handled my situation as if it were his own. Would not stop trying to help me until he knew he had done everything he could to have me hang up happy. Thank you Marcus !!!

Jan 14, 2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a five-star review!

Randy Lewis

January 6th, 2020 Statesboro, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our company has always had a great experience with Kabbage. We use them annually for ramping up inventory for a summer contract job we produce. It is a lot easier process than going to our local bank. Jared is very good at what he does and responses very quickly to any questions I might have.

Jan 14, 2020

Thanks for this great review!

Allan Michell

January 3rd, 2020 Wheeling, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Stanford S was extremely helpful and VERY patient with me. He explained the entire process for me regarding drawing funds. Thank you Stanford.

Jan 13, 2020

We appreciate your review! Thanks so much!

Nelson E. Rincon

January 3rd, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent service. Kabbage was Key to relaunch our operations. Our contact representative Jared provided an outstanding service

Jan 13, 2020

Thank you for leaving us a review!

Andy Barber

December 31st, 2019 Charleston, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ryan W answered my question quickly and got my issue resolved.

Mousa Abu Hamdah

December 28th, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Today Sat Dec 28, 2019 I called at 2:11PM Pacific time and spoke to Patty L. She was prompt and super fast to finish my request in 3 minutes. Patty deserves 5 stars. Excellent customer service.

Apr 12, 2019

Robert Rose

December 24th, 2019 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Marcus was very informative and cordial. Thank you for your help!

Thanks for the review!

RN

December 22nd, 2019 Tulsa, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

She did a great job and was SUPER helpful in solving my issue.

Sara

December 20th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You guys are just awesome. The reason I was able to move into a 7,000 square foot space from a 1900 sq ft space is KABBAGE. a company of kind people who care about their small business owners. Of the dozens I've worked with you guys are by far the best. THANK YOU

Sep 03, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Valerie Dmoski

December 18th, 2019 Yuba City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Diane L and Daniel J have been very helpful at a time when we needed to defer our payment. Very appreciative of their professional assistance.

Dec 30, 2019

We appreciate this great review!

Steven C

December 18th, 2019 Pontiac, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kevin and Patty were very polite, informative and helpful on my recent call. I appreciate the good customer service I received.

Dec 30, 2019

We appreciate your five-star review! Thanks so much!

Anthony Austin

December 18th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I appreciate Kabbage for all they have done for me and I also appreciate Jess for the phenomenal help and customer service. Thanks 🙏 guys! Anthony A.

Dec 30, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback!

Ramona Christine

December 18th, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Marcus was extremely helpful. I appreciated that he took the time to help me understand how the loan and billing process works. Marcus also took the time to show me how to manage and view the answers to the questions I was asking. Thank you Marcus!

Dec 30, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

James

December 17th, 2019 Walnut Hill, ME DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Caty B in customer support went above and beyond for me when I had a medical emergency that impacted my ability to make a payment on time. She was very compassionate and went out of her way to help me during this difficult time.

Dec 30, 2019

We appreciate the five-star review, James!

John

December 14th, 2019 Germantown, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with this company for several years and I am very much satisfied with their service.

Thanks for the review!

Kim Brooks

December 12th, 2019 Buford, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been a Kabbage customer for a long time. I've been fairly pleased with them all the way around. Their customer support is the best. Stephenie W. really helped me out when I needed some extra assistance. The only thing I would say is they don't re-evaluate your business revenue very often. I make almost 4 times in my company than I did when I started with Kabbage and my line has never changed. Other than that, I've been a very happy Kabbage customer.

Dec 15, 2019

Thanks for your honest feedback! We will share this with the appropriate teams, and we are glad that you have chosen Kabbage as your funding partner!

SYED AHMED

December 10th, 2019 Houston, TX

I appreciated how the Person Jerrad helped me out to submitting the application and opening the account with Kabbage.

Dec 15, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

George B.

December 10th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kabbage has been great, truly pleased with their product and service. Can’t say enough good things about my experience with support, Jared went above and beyond to resolve my business loan issues. Very impressed and looking forward to continue growing our business relationship with Kabbage.

Dec 15, 2019

We truly appreciate your great review!

Gloria Jackson

December 5th, 2019 Wallis, TX

Jared was extremely patient and helpful with me. Kabbage is very easy to work with. He also helped to find Nelson L the originator for my loan. Both of you are super. Thanks Kabbage!

Nancy

December 5th, 2019 Bakersfield, CA

Marcus was very helpful and resolved all of my issues quickly.

Dec 15, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

Dolan Torres

November 26th, 2019 Port Saint Lucie, FL

Lucas is a very professional person He was able to meet my needs I highly recommend him

Dec 15, 2019

Thanks for the great review!

Zachary

November 22nd, 2019 Boulder, CO

The responsiveness, customer service and ease of approval is entirely superior to the Banking industry. The rates for Lines of Credit are amazing compared to the Banking industry in my company's situation using Chase as a comparison at 7.75% versus around 1.5% with Kabbage. My only issue and why I gave it a 4 Star versus 5 Star is that whatever funds utilized must be payed back within 18 months at the high end and payments must begin immediately according to their schedule not yours. I can live with it but this is where Banks are superior as they often allow you not to pay it back at all for some time and its based on your schedule not theirs. Overall its great that Kabbage exists and I hope these often illogical and anal retentive folks that approve loans at Banks become unemployed very quickly.

Dec 15, 2019

Thanks for your honest feedback! We will share it with the appropriate teams and always continue to evaluate our product to improve it!

Phil

November 22nd, 2019 Lowell, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had some questions in regards to my account with kabbage, Kate was great she was able to answer them all and follow up with me in a couple of days to make sure everything was good. Great service

Dec 15, 2019

We appreciate your five-star review!

Rose Ann Colon

November 22nd, 2019 Merrillville, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am so great-full for Kabbage working with me instead of against me like most lenders have a tendency to do. Marcus so sweet and polite although his fast talking skills where as you have to be an attentive listener like I which had no problems catching every word, but some may have a problem catching what is said. Every word spoken was to help my needs. Marcus was understanding and even got a supervisor request so I the customer was happy. You see they make exceptions to the rule to those value customers, so I must be a value customer which made me feel ever so comfortable with the Kabbage family as they made my company and I feel more welcome as part of the Kabbage family. If your a small business as I am you will not be steered wrong with Kabbage. I am so great full that God has our back and pointed me to the solution to the problem as HE always does. No, I was NOT coursed in saying above facts. I always give credit where credit is due. And always leave bad comments to where those sites are due too. I am honest and truthful to my words and I stand by them all. Everyone have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Dec 15, 2019

Thank you so much for leaving this awesome review! We are so glad that you have chosen Kabbage as your funding partner!

Michael Castlebury

November 21st, 2019 Marion, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jared worked with me to get the funds I needed. He was a great help and I really appreciated his help.

Dec 15, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review!

Tracy R.

November 18th, 2019 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kate was very helpful with what I needed to accomplish today.

Rich Walker

November 12th, 2019 Bethel, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kate was very prompt in addressing my concerns!

Thanks so much!

Carlos C.

November 8th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy interface, fast approval, very flexible platform. Expensive at first, but managed to negotiate better rates down the line. Great product, Jess R was great help.

Nov 21, 2019

We appreciate your great feedback!

Robert madhosingh

November 7th, 2019 Miami Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company gives prompt service and is by far my number one lender! They have great rates! The ease of doing a transaction is a click of the button! Awesome service

Nov 07, 2019

We really appreciate this great review! Thanks!

Ash

November 4th, 2019 Mountville, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called on a Saturday about an issue with my account and spoke with Kate, who was able to help me quickly. She was so friendly and she made the experience so easy for me! It's easy to pull funds when I need to and the customer service is extremely helpful.

Nov 06, 2019

Thanks so much for leaving this great review!

Diego N.

October 31st, 2019 Miami, FL

I needed clarification on requested documents and spoke to Kate and she provided a great service advising what was missing.

Nov 06, 2019

Thank you for leaving us great feedback!

Matt Heintschel

October 31st, 2019 Escondido, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Diane was very helpful. She is very knowledgeable in all the matters that i was concerned with.

Grace L.

October 29th, 2019 Commack, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kabbage has been extremely helpful in helping us grow our business from the start. Their customer service has been wonderful each and every time I have spoken to them!

Nov 06, 2019

We appreciate you leaving us a review!

ERROL MENDIOLA

October 29th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jared L. was extremely helpful. He took care of my issue immediately.

Nov 06, 2019

Thanks for choosing Kabbage as your funding partner for your small business!

Tracey G

October 27th, 2019 Palm Bay, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I spoke with Marcus because I am having trouble connecting my correct bank account to my account on Kabbage. I have two accounts at TD Bank and connected a different TD account to make a payment, then I found I couldn't connect the correct account because it has to be added manually by Kabbage staff. Marcus told me what I need to do to get this done with documentation etc. Marcus was friendly, knowledgeable, and made me feel like a valued customer.

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks so much for this awesome feedback of your experience!