Kabbage is a lending program based in Atlanta, Georgia that developed an online algorithm to simplify the application and approval process for small businesses. Unlike traditional lenders, they look at business performance online through business checking accounts, payment processing, and shipping data – not manual forms – to automatically assess qualification. Kabbage boasts a high success rate: Over 90 percent of all Kabbage transactions come from repeat users.

For borrowers looking for a small business loan from Kabbage, having a low credit score won't necessarily knock them out of the running. Kabbage looks primarily at current annual revenue (they want to see more than $50k/year or $4,200/month for the past 3 months) and the amount of time in business (needs to exceed one year). Typical Kabbage borrowers also have a good social media presence and high amounts of inventory. Kabbage lines of credit are used to cover operating expenses while waiting on payments and receivables, cover operating expenses during slower seasons, and covering unexpected expenses. Those who choose Kabbage business loans should remember that funding is not available to startups.

You can find Kabbage reviews below to learn how customers feel about the lender.

The Good

• Short-Term Loans
  • Transparent Application Requirements
  • No Closing or Origination Fees
  • Resources
  • Kabbage Card
  • Repeat Users

Short-Term Loans

Loans from Kabbage are great for businesses that need capital on an ongoing basis. Loan amounts go up to $250,000. Kabbage also has a unique borrowing model that allows the borrowers to only use what they need. Even if a business is approved for up to $250,000, the borrower only pays for what they take.

Loans from Kabbage are set up on a short-term manageable payment platform. They offer eligible customers 6-, 12-, or 18-month loan terms.

Additional advantages of Kabbage Small Business Loans:

• Loans are scalable and manageable
  • Quick approval and fast access to funds
  • Simple monthly fee

Transparent Application Requirements

In comparison to other lenders, Kabbage provides a great deal of information online without having to apply first. Their website includes the following helpful information:

• Companies need to be in business for one year before applying
  • Companies need to be making a minimum of $50k annually or $4,200 monthly for the past three months
  • No pre-payment penalties on 6 and 12-month terms
  • No closing fees
  • No origination fees
  • 1.5-10 percent interest rates
  • Good resources
  • No minimum credit score needed

No Closing or Origination Fees

Unlike many business loans providers, Kabbage does not charge any closing or origination fees. This saves borrowers money and can provide them with peace of mind that there are no hidden fees.

Resources

Kabbage has a "Resources" tab on their website which connects to a blog. This site houses a good amount of content that businesses can access for free, including business news, webinars, eBooks, tips, and more. Under Kabbage's "How It Works" tab, there is a calculator that gives potential borrowers an estimation of their total payment based on the amount they plan to borrow and the length of the term. Typically, the longer the term of the loan, the higher the amount owed.

Kabbage Card

Kabbage has a new exclusive Kabbage card that customers can keep in their wallets and access their funds whenever and wherever they need them. Customers can apply for the Kabbage card on Kabbage's website through a brief form, and the card will be delivered to them in 7-10 business days. When they receive it, customers can activate the credit card online through their Kabbage account dashboard. The benefits of the Kabbage card include:

• Access to available funds at the point of sale
  • Remote access to Kabbage account
  • Business purchases and investments anywhere Visa is accepted
  • No minimum purchase amount or limit to the number of purchases allowed in a day (but limitations include 25K daily card limit, 50K monthly, and 600K annually)
  • No additional hidden monthly fee or cost
  • Straightforward terms: with every transaction made by the Kabbage card, it creates a new, six-month loan that has the same fees and terms as customers' other six-month business loans.

Repeat Users

The average Kabbage customer utilizes the line of credit four times a year. This indicates that many businesses are using Kabbage's service and that the payment scale is affordable and sustainable. Additionally, the high number of repeat users indicates that Kabbage's application and approval process is streamlined for small businesses. Customers simply need their financial documents and a quality credit score. If a customer qualifies, there is an instant approval, rather than an extended waiting period.

Check rates with Kabbage

The Bad

• Short-Term Solutions
  • Low Amounts of Capital
  • Personal Guarantee

Short-Term Solutions

As mentioned earlier, Kabbage's lending platform is based on the line-of-credit industry. When customers apply for a loan with Kabbage, it is a short-term solution. Most Kabbage clients use their funds for short-term needs, such as equipment upgrades, purchasing inventory, or funding payroll. Kabbage does not offer traditional loans, large loans for bigger businesses, or other types of conventional funding. Another factor to consider is that Kabbage does not offer an SBA (Small Business Administration) service. Therefore, the borrower is not included in some key SBA programs. Other limitations include:

Low Amounts of Capital

Kabbage only lends business owners a maximum of $250,000. This amount makes sense if there are only 12 months to pay back the loan, but it's not a large enough working capital for many businesses. Man

Personal Guarantee

When someone takes out a Kabbage loan, they state that "you personally guarantee that you will pay back your loan, but you do not have to put up any real estate or personal collateral." In many cases, a personal guarantee requires the borrower to put up personal collateral. This confusing language makes it difficult to know what collateral customers are really promising to Kabbage when they take out a loan. Read Kabbage reviews below to learn how borrowers feel about the lender and the personal guarantee.

The Bottom Line

Kabbage is a great way for small business owners to secure short-term business loans. Borrowers should consider Kabbage as a lender if they need small amounts for immediate short-term needs, such as new inventory purchases or payroll. Potential Kabbage loan customers should read Kabbage business loan reviews if they want get a better grasp of what the company has to offer. Overall, if you don't mind waiting a few days for funding, can work with low amounts of working capital, and you feel confident in your ability to pay back the loan (and don't mind having a personal guarantee attached to the loan), we recommend using Kabbage.

If you want to see how customers feel Kabbage measures up to other business lenders in regards to term loans, loan amounts, repayment terms, customer service, and more, check out Kabbage reviews below.

4.8

Will Chase
April 24th, 2019 Atlanta, GA

Jennifer T has been a great help on getting my account set up and adding an authorized user on my account who can also speak on my account.

May 02, 2019

We appreciate your five-star review!

Terry Barber
April 24th, 2019 Alpharetta, GA DETAILS

I had a superb customer experience and wanted to give a shout out to Sam for being incredibly responsive with great follow through

May 02, 2019

Alfred E.
April 23rd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Patty was awesome! Keep her around. Thank you

Ivette P
April 23rd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Sami D was excellent !! She made sure I got my questions answered quickly and provided great service

Apr 23, 2019

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

Darlene
April 23rd, 2019 Russellville, TN DETAILS

I was having a problem connecting my bank account to Kabbage. I spoke with Jeff T about my issue. The issue was fixed very quickly. I would definitely recommend Kabbage to any business.

Feb 12, 2019

Thank you so much for your review, Darlene! We are truly glad that we are able to meet the needs of your business!

Eagle One Management llc
April 23rd, 2019 Meriden, CT

Jennifer was very helpful , I’m a happy customer

Apr 23, 2019

We really appreciate your review!

John Galarde
April 22nd, 2019 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

Very easy transaction... Thank you Mathew

Apr 23, 2019

Thank you for your review, John!

Babak Barahmand
April 22nd, 2019 Clinton Township, MI

I spoke with Jess .R in cabbage,and she can solve my problem,she was very professional.

Apr 23, 2019

We really appreciate your review!

David Garofano
April 22nd, 2019 Derry, NH DETAILS

I called about an issue with an account not linking. Within minutes I received an email from Emma B saying they fixed the problem....now that is great customer service..thanks!

Apr 23, 2019

Thank you for your five-star review! We are glad everything was corrected!

Small Business in Boston
April 22nd, 2019 Arlington, MA DETAILS

Jeff on the customer service team took time to understand my issue and then help me create a solution plan. I'm writing a review of him because he was very patient unraveling my questions.

Apr 23, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

Morris Jamlang
April 18th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Easy to deal with online and on the phone. The only gripe is the interest rate.

Sherry Casper
April 18th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Sami was very helpful in providing customer service. Very open, receptive and helpful. So glad she will be following up with me.

Apr 19, 2019

Thank you for your review, Sherry!

Maurice Morris
April 18th, 2019 San Diego, CA

Jennifer was extremely helpful. I had a question that turned into an issue that she went above and beyond to solve. Thank You Jennifer

Apr 19, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad that everything was taken care of!

Marla Eich
April 18th, 2019 Mauldin, SC

Jennifer was so amazing thank you for your help. I’ve talked to other representatives and they failed to help me with what I needed them to do! You have a great employee!

Apr 19, 2019

Thanks for your five-star review!

Kathryn W.
April 18th, 2019 Akron, OH DETAILS

Coresa C. helped me with my funding in ways I didn't know possible. I can't say thank you enough for what you have done to help me in my small business! The Kabbage team is incredible! THANK YOU!!

Amanda
April 18th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

BECCA IS AMAZING! Very knowledgeable and helped me work through all my options! She’s a rockstar, treat her right! THANKS BECCA!

Apr 19, 2019

Thanks so much for your awesome review! We really appreciate it!

Gary Wolfe
April 17th, 2019 Burlingame, CA DETAILS

Had questions on payment of my account because of some issues with our bank and the closing of a checking account. Jess R. was very helpful and took care of everything in very short time. It was a pleasure working with her. Also a thank you to, Bobby, my account rep. who informed me he was out of the office and gave me the number I called and Jess took over from there. Great team work!!! Thank you. Gary Wolfe

EDM Properties LLc
April 15th, 2019 Fishers, IN DETAILS

Jennifer did an outstanding job answering all my questions. She is great in customer service.

Apr 18, 2019

Thanks for your great review!

Myron Chapman
April 15th, 2019 Highland, IN DETAILS

Jennifer was very helpful with my questions.

Tom J
April 12th, 2019 Spring, TX DETAILS

Sami helped me with an issue with my account. Apparently the setup had my address slightly incorrect. She guided me to edit and was able to cancel and re-issue my Kabbage card. Very efficient process and customer service.

Apr 12, 2019

We truly appreciate your five-star review!

Rick Marabini
April 12th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

Very good customer service would recommend Kabbage to everyone...…..Emma was awesome

Dec 28, 2018

Alex
April 12th, 2019 Nashua, NH DETAILS

As strange as this sounds I needed to take money out to cover payroll but remember getting a call from my account rep about a special program. When I called after 5pm Josh S answered and realized I should speak to my actual rep but she had gone for the day. Josh was able to put together the package for special pricing and carefully explained the process. I was now well informed and had no reason to fret about hidden fees or the process being cumbersome. Thanks Kabbage and Josh

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks so much for leaving this review! We are proud to partner with your business!

Huggins Cleaning Service
April 12th, 2019 Sykesville, MD DETAILS

Great customer service. Really helped me when I needed it the most.

Kristi Lynn Design Co
April 12th, 2019 Leander, TX DETAILS

I really appreciate the professional manner that Kabbage has handled everything from the initial loan application process to speaking with "Josh" in Customer Support to change my due date. Painless. Easy. Quick. Efficient. These are qualities that all companies should look for in their team members! Thanks again Josh!!

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a great review!

Leonard Weissbach
April 11th, 2019 Northridge, CA

I had real meaningful assistance from Wally who steered me thru my issues. He was GREAT and a very good Rep of Kabbage

Mike Nadeau
April 11th, 2019 Westfield, MA DETAILS

Good service I had a question on my account and Patty L. Was great

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks so much for your review!

Shawn
April 11th, 2019 Wood River, IL DETAILS

Very helpful and responds quickly to inquiries

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks for leaving us a five-star review!

Nickolas Reed
April 10th, 2019 Smyrna, DE DETAILS

Courteous and professional reps! Answers every question thoroughly.

Jan 19, 2019

Thank you for your great review!

Edgardo Cabrera
April 10th, 2019 Lodi, NJ DETAILS

Josh was helping me resolve my issue. Thanks again !

Apr 12, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

Jeremy
April 10th, 2019 State College, PA DETAILS

Their customer service is fantastic, and they are willing to work with startups. I just had a question/answer session with Jess R online, and the issue was noticed by me, identified to Kabbage, and solved within about 7 minutes.

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks for the review! We appreciate it!

Glen
April 10th, 2019 Mobile, AL DETAILS

My request was handled both proficiently and professionally by Jared L. I have always had excellent customer service from Kabbage.

Scott Kirtland
April 10th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

I worked as an executive for major retailers for 15 years. Wow, outstanding folks! I was funded in less than an hour. What a great and easy website. I used other lenders and it was a nightmare. By the way Sami was fabulous in explaining how everything works. She provided great instructions and service. Also thanks to Kristen as NFS for recommending your firm.

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks for this great review, Scott!

Darrin M Briggs
April 10th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

Really appreciate Josh S's help and understanding with our account. He was excellent in providing options for us on how we might be able to make adjustments to our payments and what I needed to do through the site. I really appreciate all the excellent customer service at Kabbage and the awesome online tools that are available.

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks for the review! We truly appreciate it!

Geoff Hayball
April 10th, 2019 Palm Desert, CA DETAILS

I am writing my review simply for Coresa C, Kabbage Customer Relations. If I could give 10 Stars I would. She is truly a professional whom demonstrates above and beyond customer services skills. She spent over an hour on the phone with me correcting an issue and continually came up with options to at the end finally resolve my problem. Thank You Coresa. Your efforts are greatly appreciated by me.

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks for your awesome review! We are glad that everything was able to be resolved!

Anna
April 10th, 2019 Laurel, MD DETAILS

Jared provided provided excellent customer service and was very knowledgeable of all the services with Kabbage. Thanks Jared.

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review! We appreciate it!

Blanton
April 10th, 2019 Ball Ground, GA DETAILS

Good service! Funding is fast and easy. Fees are a little high but nothing unreasonable.

Thank for your review!

Mo
April 9th, 2019 Canton, GA DETAILS

Emma was a huge help! Give her a raise! She was easy to deal with!

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks for your review, Mo! We appreciate it!

Jeff
April 9th, 2019 Omaha, NE DETAILS

I called in on a customer service request. Caitlyn helped. She knew exactly what I needed to do and how to do it. The entire call lasted less than 3 minutes. Quick, easy and painless. Thanks Caitlyn!

Apr 12, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

Toni DeMello​
April 8th, 2019 Hilo, HI DETAILS

Kabbage was extremely fast to respond and help me with my finances! I will forever be grateful! I recently had to email Kabbage - for more information on where to go to get some information, and again, Jessica R. responded OH SO QUICKLY!!! She gave me step by step guides, and was easy to follow. Thank you.

Dec 28, 2018

Drusilla Rico
April 8th, 2019 Columbia, PA DETAILS

Very helpful and informative also very polite

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks so much for leaving a review!

Andres Rios
April 8th, 2019 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS

Excellent service, Sami was very patient and helped me solve all things. Thank you

Alfonso
April 8th, 2019 San Gabriel, CA DETAILS

Spoke with Becca about rescheduling a payment on my account. She was extremely helpful and attentive and was able to get my issue resolved quickly. Thank you Becca!

Ron Autrand
April 5th, 2019 San Leandro, CA DETAILS

The issues were resolved easily and your personnel was very courteous, helpful and nice.

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks so much for your review!

Taylor
April 4th, 2019 Hollywood, FL DETAILS

Emma B was most helpful and very pleasant.

Mar 13, 2019

Thanks for sharing your review! We appreciate it!

Tom W.
April 4th, 2019 Waterville, ME DETAILS

My experience with Kabbage has been great! I have been doing business with them for a couple of years now.

Apr 12, 2019

We appreciate your five-star review!

Mousa Abu Hamdah
April 4th, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS

I called Kabbage and spoke to Emma B for special payment arrangements. We also exchanged emails. She was very professional and made sure I was 100% satisfied. I am very happy with Kabbage services and their team.

Leonard Arteaga
April 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Cam was very helpful and great. She helped me during all the procedure of getting in the bank account

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks so much for leaving a review, Leonard!

Neal F.
April 4th, 2019 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS

Jeff T. from Kabbage Customer Support was courteous, helpful and professional in all matters relating to my account. His assistance gave me great confidence that Kabbage was the right program for ROBOTICS & THINGS. Many thanks!

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks so much for your review, Neal!

Alan Warrington
April 3rd, 2019 Menifee, CA DETAILS

Jennifer went the extra mile to help find out why my card would not activate. That was huge! Thank You!

Bridget
April 3rd, 2019 Cantonment, FL DETAILS

Jared L. was exceptional today. He solved my problem quickly and accurately. Kabbage is super easy and convenient to use. The funds are generally deposited quickly.

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks so much for leaving this review!