Kabbage is a lending program based in Atlanta, Georgia, that developed an online algorithm to simplify the application and approval process for small businesses. Unlike traditional lenders, they look at business performance online through business checking accounts, payment processing, and shipping data — not manual forms — to automatically assess qualification. Kabbage boasts a high success rate: Over 90 percent of all Kabbage transactions come from repeat users.

For borrowers looking for a small business loan from Kabbage, having a low credit score won't necessarily knock them out of the running. Kabbage looks primarily at current annual revenue (they want to see more than $50k per year or $4,200 per month for the past 3 months) and the amount of time in business (needs to exceed one year). Typical Kabbage borrowers also have a good social media presence and high amounts of inventory. Kabbage lines of credit are used to cover operating expenses while waiting on payments and receivables, cover operating expenses during slower seasons, and cover unexpected expenses. Those who choose Kabbage business loans should remember that funding is not available to startups.

You can find Kabbage reviews below to learn how customers feel about the lender.

The Good

• Short-Term Loans
  • Transparent Application Requirements
  • No Closing or Origination Fees
  • Resources
  • Kabbage Card
  • Repeat Users

Short-Term Loans

Loans from Kabbage are great for businesses that need capital on an ongoing basis. Loan amounts go up to $250,000. Kabbage also has a unique borrowing model that allows the borrowers to only use what they need. Even if a business is approved for up to $250,000, the borrower only pays for what they take.

Loans from Kabbage are set up on a short-term manageable payment platform. They offer eligible customers 6-, 12-, or 18-month loan terms.

Additional advantages of Kabbage Small Business Loans:

• Loans are scalable and manageable
  • Quick approval and fast access to funds
  • Simple monthly fee

Transparent Application Requirements

In comparison to other lenders, Kabbage provides a great deal of information online without having to apply first. Their website includes the following helpful information:

• Companies need to be in business for one year before applying
  • Companies need to be making a minimum of $50k annually or $4,200 monthly for the past three months
  • No pre-payment penalties on 6- and 12-month terms
  • No closing fees
  • No origination fees
  • 1.5–10 percent interest rates
  • Good resources
  • No minimum credit score needed

No Closing or Origination Fees

Unlike many business loans providers, Kabbage does not charge any closing or origination fees. This saves borrowers money and can provide them with peace of mind that there are no hidden fees.

Resources

Kabbage has a "Resources" tab on their website which connects to a blog. This site houses a good amount of content that businesses can access for free, including business news, webinars, eBooks, tips, and more. Under Kabbage's "How It Works" tab, there is a calculator that gives potential borrowers an estimation of their total payment based on the amount they plan to borrow and the length of the term. Typically, the longer the term of the loan, the higher the amount owed.

Kabbage Card

Kabbage has a new exclusive Kabbage card that customers can keep in their wallets and access their funds whenever and wherever they need them. Customers can apply for the Kabbage card on Kabbage's website through a brief form, and the card will be delivered to them in 7–10 business days. When they receive it, customers can activate the credit card online through their Kabbage account dashboard. The benefits of the Kabbage card include:

• Access to available funds at the point of sale
  • Remote access to your Kabbage account
  • Business purchases and investments anywhere Visa is accepted
  • No minimum purchase amount or limit to the number of purchases allowed in a day (but limitations include 25K daily card limit, 50K monthly, and 600K annually)
  • No additional hidden monthly fee or cost
  • Straightforward terms: with every transaction made by the Kabbage card, it creates a new, six-month loan that has the same fees and terms as customers' other six-month business loans.

Repeat Users

The average Kabbage customer utilizes the line of credit four times a year. This indicates that many businesses are using Kabbage's service and that the payment scale is affordable and sustainable. Additionally, the high number of repeat users indicates that Kabbage's application and approval process is streamlined for small businesses. Customers simply need their financial documents and a quality credit score. If a customer qualifies, there is an instant approval, rather than an extended waiting period.

Check rates with Kabbage

The Bad

• Short-Term Solutions
  • Low Amounts of Capital
  • Personal Guarantee

Short-Term Solutions

As mentioned earlier, Kabbage's lending platform is based on the line-of-credit industry. When customers apply for a loan with Kabbage, it is a short-term solution. Most Kabbage clients use their funds for short-term needs, such as equipment upgrades, purchasing inventory, or funding payroll. Kabbage does not offer traditional loans, large loans for bigger businesses, or other types of conventional funding. Another factor to consider is that Kabbage does not offer an SBA (Small Business Administration) service. Therefore, the borrower is not included in some key SBA programs. Other limitations include:

Low Amounts of Capital

Kabbage only lends business owners a maximum of $250,000. This amount makes sense if there are only 12 months to pay back the loan, but it's not a large enough working capital for many businesses.

Personal Guarantee

When someone takes out a Kabbage loan, they state that "you personally guarantee that you will pay back your loan, but you do not have to put up any real estate or personal collateral." In many cases, a personal guarantee requires the borrower to put up personal collateral. This confusing language makes it difficult to know what collateral customers are really promising to Kabbage when they take out a loan. Read Kabbage reviews below to learn how borrowers feel about the lender and the personal guarantee.

The Bottom Line

Kabbage is a great way for small business owners to secure short-term business loans. Borrowers should consider Kabbage as a lender if they need small amounts for immediate short-term needs, such as new inventory purchases or payroll. Potential Kabbage loan customers should read Kabbage business loan reviews if they want get a better grasp of what the company has to offer. Overall, if you don't mind waiting a few days for funding, can work with low amounts of working capital, and you feel confident in your ability to pay back the loan (and don't mind having a personal guarantee attached to the loan), we recommend using Kabbage.

If you want to see how customers feel Kabbage measures up to other business lenders in regards to term loans, loan amounts, repayment terms, customer service, and more, check out Kabbage reviews below.

4.9

Michael Christopher

September 27th, 2018 Maryville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kabbage is a great company to work with. Easy approval. Great customer service. They have been amazing for us as a new business. They have really helped to get us through some very difficult times financially.

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Michael- thank you so much!!

Lou Stoever

September 27th, 2018 Stockdale, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called to make make a change on my account. It was handled quickly!

Thank you Lou!

Brad Jordan

September 26th, 2018 Reston, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I worked with Jared and he was extremely helpful and addressed and solved my issues immediately. Jared is a great worker and very helpful. Thank you Jared!

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Brad- Thank you so much!

Sandra Newton

September 26th, 2018 Covington, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I haven't really had to directly contact Kabbage for any thing. Everything was done online until today, which is great! The person I spoke with today was very kind and helpful. The fees are very reason for a small business owners. I was able to pay off my business loan early and to prevent additional fees. I tried to do this with another company today as well and there was no fee waiver I had to pay the remaining balance no saving for paying early with the other company. I will say my first experience with Kabbage was great and I would definitely recommend them.

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Sandra- We love that you've had such a positive experience. Did you know that have a referral program that pays you $250 cash for every qualified referral? Sign up here: https://www.kabbage.com/referral-program/ and do not miss out on the rewards. Thank you!

Paul

September 26th, 2018 Middletown, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am currently having issues with making my monthly payment to Kabbage, so I called in and spoke to Jimena. She was very courteous, understanding and helpful towards my situation. She recommended and provided me with the best solution to help me get through this difficult time.

Thank you so much Paul!!

Shane Ittenbach

September 25th, 2018 Bowie, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Whitley was extremely helpful in QUICKLY providing me with my loan agreements from 2017 that I needed for taxes.

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Shane! This is wonderful. Thank you!

Shoncy

September 25th, 2018 Lady Lake, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everytime I call the customer service department at Kabbage, I have a wonderful experience. Patty L was very attentative and helpful in assisting me with my request and questions.

Oct 16, 2018

We love hearing about your experience. Thank you!

George Dienhart ll

September 25th, 2018 Pflugerville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Patty did a fantastic job assisting with my address and KABBAGE card concern. Everything has been resolved quickly and courteously.

Oct 16, 2018

Lovely! Thank you George!

Kevin Kehoe

September 25th, 2018 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Positive, up beat. Answered my question quickly Wraps like that change your mood when you’re irritated.

Sep 25, 2018

Hey Kevin- Our job is to put a smile on your face. Thank you for your review!

Gina Wardlow

September 25th, 2018 Dayton, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Kabbage process is simple and straightforward. ZELENKA was outstanding and professional. She answered my question and resolved my issue quickly. Thank you.

Thank you Gina!!

Tony Vazquez

September 25th, 2018 Savannah, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I asked Jared to help me clear up a few issues with a prior loan. He worked on it immediately and resolved the problem to my full satisfaction.

Sep 25, 2018

Hi Tony- thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience!

Debra C

September 24th, 2018 Boynton Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had to call customer service earlier in the week about a hold on my account and Whitley was so helpful and absolutely terrific to deal with. She did a great job explaining to me what the issue was and she followed up with me very quickly to let me know that she was able to solve my issue. Definitely 5 star service!!

Sep 25, 2018

Thank you so much Debra. We truly appreciate you!

Marc Sisser

September 24th, 2018 Dunbar, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Due to one of our customers bouncing a large check to us, it affected our ability to make our Kabbage payment as planned. I spoke to a representative, Whitley L, who was very helpful and provided us a temporary resolution to our situation.

Sep 25, 2018

Hi Marc- We are so happy to have been able to help in your time of need. :)

Ellen Bloomfield

September 20th, 2018 Round Lake, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service!!! I got my account set up with my new bank account without any problem.

Sep 25, 2018

Hi Ellen- It was our pleasure, thank you!

Kim Talley

September 19th, 2018 Detroit, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jimema, was able to answer my questions with a very pleasant attitude.

Sep 25, 2018

Hi Kim- Thank you so much!

Edward Brandt

September 18th, 2018 Plano, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had some questions concerning my wife's account. I spoke with Jared who was absolutely professional an courteous. He spoke with my wife to get permission to speak with me and then walked me through the procedures so that I was able to better handle the payment process and to better understand how her credit line is developed. Jared made it simple and I am now moreconfident in my dealings with Kabbage.

Sep 25, 2018

Hi Edward- This is wonderful to hear. Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Chelle Worthy

September 18th, 2018 Upland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I received excellent customer service and my request was completed on a Sunday, followed up by Monday morning and done! Thanks Whitley

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Chelle- Thank you so much for the shoutout!

Akilah

September 17th, 2018 Humble, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am very impressed with the flexibility Kabbage offers small business owners. Their customer service is awesome as well. Whitley was amazing in helping me resolve my account issues.

Hi Akilah- Thank you! :)

William Beltz

September 17th, 2018 Loogootee, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service representative Thanks Jimena!

Sep 18, 2018

We appreciate your business!

Alex Johnson

September 17th, 2018 Chelsea, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Whitley is the best! Was very helpful and responded right away even on a sunday! That made me so happy Whitley was able to assist me immediately and resolved my issue. Thank you Kabbage and Whitley!

Sep 18, 2018

Thank YOU Alex for being so awesome!

Shaunte Anderson

September 14th, 2018 Brea, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zalenka is great, ask for her she will answer all of your questions and she is very patient. I spoke with another representative His name is Terrell and he was horrible avoid him at all cost

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Shaunte- Thank you so much- not only for the positive feedback, but for the constructive feedback as well. We have addressed the issue and look forward to providing you nothing but the best service moving forward.

Max saint-cyr

September 13th, 2018 Kissimmee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zelenta H was very professional and patient.

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Max- Thank you for your partnership with Kabbage!

Jeff R Deleuse

September 13th, 2018 San Anselmo, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I asked about a recent credit line increase and the response was quick and accurate. Kabbage has helped us a great deal within the retail trade!

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Jeff- We love to hear this. Thank you so, very much!

Heidi Hartley

September 13th, 2018 Klamath Falls, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jared L. was extremely helpful and stayed on the line with me until everything was resolved. He walked me through all the steps. He even followed up and confirmed everything had been taken care of.

Sep 18, 2018

Thank you so much for the feedback Heidi!

Tyler Cook

September 13th, 2018 Healdsburg, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Josh was extremely helpful, he gave me all of the information I needed and answered all the questions I had.

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Tyler- This is wonderful; thank you so much!

Vitaly Yazvin

September 12th, 2018 Yorba Linda, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been contact Zelenka to help with my business loan questions, she was on top of any of my concerns. She did her job fast and proper. Thank you Zelenka.

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Vitaly- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

SS

September 12th, 2018 Fairview Heights, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jimena M was very professional and informative on the information that she provided me about my account. I have learned a lot more about the actual expectancy from Kabbage. I am glad that she was the representative that answered the phone when I called.

Sep 18, 2018

This is wonderful- thank you so much!

Kathleen Christian

September 12th, 2018 Leakey, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We needed an extension and I called and talked to Zelenka and she was very gracious and she asked me if I understood what would happen. Zelenka was very informative and helpful. She has a winning personality. Thanks for the understanding

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Kathleen! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with Zelenka. We really appreciate it!

Matt Mabry

September 12th, 2018 Maggie Valley, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jason was awesome and very helpful. 5 Star communication......

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Matt! We give you 5 Stars as well! :)

Muray Steinman

September 11th, 2018 Bozeman, MT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Whittley was exceptionally helpful and nice. She provided me with what I needed while I waited. Excellent service!

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Muray- We love hearing this. Thank you!

Kim Parkinson

September 11th, 2018 Whitman, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had an issue and Jimena was able to help me out and walk me through it. Very professional.

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Kim- We strive to make your experience the best. Thank you so much!

Alane K Casady

September 11th, 2018 Wyandotte, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I spoke with Jimena yesterday, and she was professional and informative. She let me know when my funds would be available following a recent payment. Thank you. Alane Casady Casady Refining Services, Inc.

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Alane- Thank you so much for your business!

Nick J.

September 10th, 2018 Sebring, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zelenka... She is a perfect example of a great Rep for Kabbage. She didn't double check, she TRIPLE checked to make sure I had all docs needed for our accounting dept. and answered every question (even when asked repeatedly) with the utmost respect and cheerfulness. Thanks Zelenka! I hope I get you next time I call.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Nick- This is wonderful to hear. We are always here to answer as many questions as you have! :)

Julie Smith

September 10th, 2018 Harrison, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very good place to work with. Will be back. Helped when we need money fast.

Sep 10, 2018

Hello Julie- Thank you so much! We look forward to working with you again!

Luid hernandez

September 10th, 2018 Rosamond, CA

Well so far is good just having trouble on just checking my balance on the phone

C. Miller

September 7th, 2018 McDonough, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zelenka was very professional and helpful. It's always nice to receive great customer service and this has been a wonderful experience with their staff! But I wish the interest rates wasn't so high on the payments. They would likely get more clients if it wasn't, making them even more competitive to banks and really standing out.

Sep 10, 2018

Hello- Thank you so much for your review. We totally hear you. Always keep in mind that the quicker you pay off the loan, the less cost you will incur as we have no prepayment penalty. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

Arthur Olshansky

September 7th, 2018 Baltimore, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service. Zelenka H went above and beyond to help me with an issue.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Arthur- Thank you so much! :)

Melissa Levingston

September 7th, 2018 Saint Paul, MN

There was a miscommunication when I applied for a business loan. I accidentally sent in personal bank statements first and was approved for a certain amount that was much less than what I requested. My business bank statements were sent in later but disregarded because my loan and already been approved. I wish that my business bank statements would have been considered instead. I wanted to make sure the loan amount was still available since I never used any of it after being approved a few months ago and Whitley, was extremely helpful with assuring me that the funds were still there.

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Melissa- Thank you so much for your feedback. We apologize for any miscommunication or frustration you may have experienced. I am going to look back at your history and use your experience as an opportunity to review our policies moving forward. Thank you!

Alisha Melvin

September 5th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This employee just violated my privacy by sending an email directly to a third party with extremely false information. I am reaching out to management, Celtic Bank and Legal for answers. ******UPDATE******* since this review posting customer service handled the matter quickly and thoroughly. I am updating this review because it is not the product itself (the product is great)! but

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Alisha- Thank you so much for providing an updated review. We totally understand how you feel and have a commitment to continued training and improvement implementation. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to better your experience.

Ed Horowitz

September 5th, 2018 Sammamish, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jared was very helpful dealing with a bank issue related to my account.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Ed- Thank you so much for the feedback!

Sylvia Rudison

September 5th, 2018 Greensboro, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I spoke with Moe today and she was very friendly, answered all my question and i now understand how the loan process work. I am grateful for Kabbage and the help with business funding.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Sylvia- We are happy to have you as a partner!

Ernie

September 5th, 2018 Carson City, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had an issue where I was unable to make my latest payment and Sam S. was very helpful and sympathetic in helping me navigate through a stressful situation.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Ernie- We are so glad that we were able to help you during a rough time. We appreciate everything you do!

Lawrence J Burrs

September 4th, 2018 Elkridge, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kabbage will get you the money you need. Paying back can be a little stiff however they will work with you to reasonable satisfaction. Paige my last contact was super.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Lawrence- Thank you for your review. We understand that cash flow is not always as steady as you would like. We will always do everything that we can to help you in your time of need. Never hesitate to give us a call! :)

STEPHEN FLANAGAN

September 4th, 2018 Clifton Heights, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Whitley was very helpful and solved my issue quickly

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Stephen- We are so thrilled that you are happy with the service level given!

Richard Durand

September 4th, 2018 Cleveland, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

KABBAGE is a great company. Whitley was so nice in working with us on a delayed payment request. We have used our credit line to the max several times the last 2 years. Thanks for helping small business survive .

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Richard- Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!! :)

Sandra Emerson

September 4th, 2018 Blanchard, OK

Getting the loan from kabbage has been super helpful in getting my business inventory restocked. The process was very simple and easy. Whitley was a great help and very nice to deal with. This is a great place to get funds quickly . Thanks to all the kabbage team members, especially Whitley.

Sep 04, 2018

Thank you to YOU for being such a valued partner to us!

Steven Powers

September 4th, 2018 Santa Clara, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paige responded quickly and handled my account right away. Thank You! Steve Powers

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Steve- Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it!

Julie Brown

September 4th, 2018 DeFuniak Springs, FL

Customer service got right on my issue and is helping me get the funds I need. Paige C is customer support lady who is helping me. She is doing great trying to help me. Thanks Jewels cleaming LLC.

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Julie- You are wonderful. Thank you!

Michael

September 4th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ad a question about my payments and Jimena was helpful and professional. I also appreciate that they have weekend hours. Customer service here is quite good.

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Michael- Thank you so much. We are here for you! :)

KT

August 31st, 2018 Allen, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Whitley was VERY knowledgeable and answered all my questions easily. In fact, I learned things I did not know about Kabbage processes during our conversation. She was easy to relate to and very personable. Whitley is a great representative for Kabbage.

Sep 04, 2018

Hello and thank you so much! You are truly valued!