Kabbage is a lending program based in Atlanta, Georgia that developed an online algorithm to simplify the application and approval process for small businesses. Unlike traditional lenders, they look at business performance online through business checking accounts, payment processing, and shipping data – not manual forms – to automatically assess qualification. Kabbage boasts a high success rate: Over 90 percent of all Kabbage transactions come from repeat users.

For borrowers looking for a small business loan from Kabbage, having a low credit score won't necessarily knock them out of the running. Kabbage looks primarily at current annual revenue (they want to see more than $50k/year or $4,200/month for the past 3 months) and the amount of time in business (needs to exceed one year). Typical Kabbage borrowers also have a good social media presence and high amounts of inventory. Kabbage lines of credit are used to cover operating expenses while waiting on payments and receivables, cover operating expenses during slower seasons, and covering unexpected expenses. Those who choose Kabbage business loans should remember that funding is not available to startups.

You can find Kabbage reviews below to learn how customers feel about the lender.

The Good

• Short-Term Loans
  • Transparent Application Requirements
  • No Closing or Origination Fees
  • Resources
  • Kabbage Card
  • Repeat Users

Short-Term Loans

Loans from Kabbage are great for businesses that need capital on an ongoing basis. Loan amounts go up to $250,000. Kabbage also has a unique borrowing model that allows the borrowers to only use what they need. Even if a business is approved for up to $250,000, the borrower only pays for what they take.

Loans from Kabbage are set up on a short-term manageable payment platform. They offer eligible customers 6-, 12-, or 18-month loan terms.

Additional advantages of Kabbage Small Business Loans:

• Loans are scalable and manageable
  • Quick approval and fast access to funds
  • Simple monthly fee

Transparent Application Requirements

In comparison to other lenders, Kabbage provides a great deal of information online without having to apply first. Their website includes the following helpful information:

• Companies need to be in business for one year before applying
  • Companies need to be making a minimum of $50k annually or $4,200 monthly for the past three months
  • No pre-payment penalties on 6 and 12-month terms
  • No closing fees
  • No origination fees
  • 1.5-10 percent interest rates
  • Good resources
  • No minimum credit score needed

No Closing or Origination Fees

Unlike many business loans providers, Kabbage does not charge any closing or origination fees. This saves borrowers money and can provide them with peace of mind that there are no hidden fees.

Resources

Kabbage has a "Resources" tab on their website which connects to a blog. This site houses a good amount of content that businesses can access for free, including business news, webinars, eBooks, tips, and more. Under Kabbage's "How It Works" tab, there is a calculator that gives potential borrowers an estimation of their total payment based on the amount they plan to borrow and the length of the term. Typically, the longer the term of the loan, the higher the amount owed.

Kabbage Card

Kabbage has a new exclusive Kabbage card that customers can keep in their wallets and access their funds whenever and wherever they need them. Customers can apply for the Kabbage card on Kabbage's website through a brief form, and the card will be delivered to them in 7-10 business days. When they receive it, customers can activate the credit card online through their Kabbage account dashboard. The benefits of the Kabbage card include:

• Access to available funds at the point of sale
  • Remote access to Kabbage account
  • Business purchases and investments anywhere Visa is accepted
  • No minimum purchase amount or limit to the number of purchases allowed in a day (but limitations include 25K daily card limit, 50K monthly, and 600K annually)
  • No additional hidden monthly fee or cost
  • Straightforward terms: with every transaction made by the Kabbage card, it creates a new, six-month loan that has the same fees and terms as customers' other six-month business loans.

Repeat Users

The average Kabbage customer utilizes the line of credit four times a year. This indicates that many businesses are using Kabbage's service and that the payment scale is affordable and sustainable. Additionally, the high number of repeat users indicates that Kabbage's application and approval process is streamlined for small businesses. Customers simply need their financial documents and a quality credit score. If a customer qualifies, there is an instant approval, rather than an extended waiting period.

Check rates with Kabbage

The Bad

• Short-Term Solutions
  • Low Amounts of Capital
  • Personal Guarantee

Short-Term Solutions

As mentioned earlier, Kabbage's lending platform is based on the line-of-credit industry. When customers apply for a loan with Kabbage, it is a short-term solution. Most Kabbage clients use their funds for short-term needs, such as equipment upgrades, purchasing inventory, or funding payroll. Kabbage does not offer traditional loans, large loans for bigger businesses, or other types of conventional funding. Another factor to consider is that Kabbage does not offer an SBA (Small Business Administration) service. Therefore, the borrower is not included in some key SBA programs. Other limitations include:

Low Amounts of Capital

Kabbage only lends business owners a maximum of $250,000. This amount makes sense if there are only 12 months to pay back the loan, but it's not a large enough working capital for many businesses. Man

Personal Guarantee

When someone takes out a Kabbage loan, they state that "you personally guarantee that you will pay back your loan, but you do not have to put up any real estate or personal collateral." In many cases, a personal guarantee requires the borrower to put up personal collateral. This confusing language makes it difficult to know what collateral customers are really promising to Kabbage when they take out a loan. Read Kabbage reviews below to learn how borrowers feel about the lender and the personal guarantee.

The Bottom Line

Kabbage is a great way for small business owners to secure short-term business loans. Borrowers should consider Kabbage as a lender if they need small amounts for immediate short-term needs, such as new inventory purchases or payroll. Potential Kabbage loan customers should read Kabbage business loan reviews if they want get a better grasp of what the company has to offer. Overall, if you don't mind waiting a few days for funding, can work with low amounts of working capital, and you feel confident in your ability to pay back the loan (and don't mind having a personal guarantee attached to the loan), we recommend using Kabbage.

If you want to see how customers feel Kabbage measures up to other business lenders in regards to term loans, loan amounts, repayment terms, customer service, and more, check out Kabbage reviews below.

4.8

Luvenia Manning
October 1st, 2018 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

Kabbage as always been there when I needed funds for my business. I never had a problem with them. Even when I couldn't make my monthly payment on the date it was supposed to be withdrawn from my account, they worked with me to get me back on track. I highly recommend Kabbage to anyone who needs funding for their business.

Oct 16, 2018

Thank you for being such an advocate Luvenia!

Kathryn
September 28th, 2018 New Orleans, LA DETAILS

The money is there when I need it and customer service is very helpful.

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Kathryn- Thank you so much!

Mary Fulcher
September 28th, 2018 Bacliff, TX DETAILS

Everyone is courteous and helpful. Accessing the cash is too easy, but convenient if we need it so it is appreciated. The representatives seem informed and never say I Don't Know which is irritating so I appreciate that.

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Mary! We pride ourselves on finding out the answer! Thank you!

DeAngelo McBee
September 27th, 2018 Broken Arrow, OK DETAILS

Great service and quality customer service experience PATTY was great

Oct 16, 2018

Thank you for the shout out DeAngelo!

Julio Caro
September 27th, 2018 Calabasas, CA DETAILS

The customer service is excellent and I was able to work with Jimena today to resolve a problem promptly and with understanding.

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Julio- This is wonderful, thank you!

Heather Vickers
September 27th, 2018 Clearwater, FL DETAILS

Needed some help with my account today and Zelenka helped. She is awesome! Thank you so much! Love Kabbage and Zelenka

Oct 16, 2018

Thank you so much Heather!!

Brooks Bozman
September 27th, 2018 Chesapeake, VA DETAILS

Kabbage was great in helping keep me informed regarding my payment schedule. This helps me keep my obligatiions on the straight and narrow.

Oct 16, 2018

We believe transparency is key. Thank you!

Michael Christopher
September 27th, 2018 Maryville, TN DETAILS

Kabbage is a great company to work with. Easy approval. Great customer service. They have been amazing for us as a new business. They have really helped to get us through some very difficult times financially.

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Michael- thank you so much!!

Lou Stoever
September 27th, 2018 Stockdale, TX DETAILS

I called to make make a change on my account. It was handled quickly!

Thank you Lou!

Brad Jordan
September 26th, 2018 Reston, VA DETAILS

I worked with Jared and he was extremely helpful and addressed and solved my issues immediately. Jared is a great worker and very helpful. Thank you Jared!

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Brad- Thank you so much!

Sandra Newton
September 26th, 2018 Covington, GA DETAILS

I haven't really had to directly contact Kabbage for any thing. Everything was done online until today, which is great! The person I spoke with today was very kind and helpful. The fees are very reason for a small business owners. I was able to pay off my business loan early and to prevent additional fees. I tried to do this with another company today as well and there was no fee waiver I had to pay the remaining balance no saving for paying early with the other company. I will say my first experience with Kabbage was great and I would definitely recommend them.

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Sandra- We love that you've had such a positive experience. Did you know that have a referral program that pays you $250 cash for every qualified referral? Sign up here: https://www.kabbage.com/referral-program/ and do not miss out on the rewards. Thank you!

Paul
September 26th, 2018 Middletown, NY DETAILS

I am currently having issues with making my monthly payment to Kabbage, so I called in and spoke to Jimena. She was very courteous, understanding and helpful towards my situation. She recommended and provided me with the best solution to help me get through this difficult time.

Thank you so much Paul!!

Shane Ittenbach
September 25th, 2018 Bowie, MD DETAILS

Whitley was extremely helpful in QUICKLY providing me with my loan agreements from 2017 that I needed for taxes.

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Shane! This is wonderful. Thank you!

Shoncy
September 25th, 2018 Lady Lake, FL DETAILS

Everytime I call the customer service department at Kabbage, I have a wonderful experience. Patty L was very attentative and helpful in assisting me with my request and questions.

Oct 16, 2018

We love hearing about your experience. Thank you!

George Dienhart ll
September 25th, 2018 Pflugerville, TX DETAILS

Patty did a fantastic job assisting with my address and KABBAGE card concern. Everything has been resolved quickly and courteously.

Oct 16, 2018

Lovely! Thank you George!

Kevin Kehoe
September 25th, 2018 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Positive, up beat. Answered my question quickly Wraps like that change your mood when you’re irritated.

Sep 25, 2018

Hey Kevin- Our job is to put a smile on your face. Thank you for your review!

Gina Wardlow
September 25th, 2018 Dayton, NJ DETAILS

The Kabbage process is simple and straightforward. ZELENKA was outstanding and professional. She answered my question and resolved my issue quickly. Thank you.

Thank you Gina!!

Tony Vazquez
September 25th, 2018 Savannah, GA DETAILS

I asked Jared to help me clear up a few issues with a prior loan. He worked on it immediately and resolved the problem to my full satisfaction.

Sep 25, 2018

Hi Tony- thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience!

Debra C
September 24th, 2018 Boynton Beach, FL DETAILS

I had to call customer service earlier in the week about a hold on my account and Whitley was so helpful and absolutely terrific to deal with. She did a great job explaining to me what the issue was and she followed up with me very quickly to let me know that she was able to solve my issue. Definitely 5 star service!!

Sep 25, 2018

Thank you so much Debra. We truly appreciate you!

Marc Sisser
September 24th, 2018 Dunbar, WV DETAILS

Due to one of our customers bouncing a large check to us, it affected our ability to make our Kabbage payment as planned. I spoke to a representative, Whitley L, who was very helpful and provided us a temporary resolution to our situation.

Sep 25, 2018

Hi Marc- We are so happy to have been able to help in your time of need. :)

Ellen Bloomfield
September 20th, 2018 Round Lake, IL DETAILS

Excellent customer service!!! I got my account set up with my new bank account without any problem.

Sep 25, 2018

Hi Ellen- It was our pleasure, thank you!

Kim Talley
September 19th, 2018 Detroit, MI DETAILS

Jimema, was able to answer my questions with a very pleasant attitude.

Sep 25, 2018

Hi Kim- Thank you so much!

Edward Brandt
September 18th, 2018 Plano, TX DETAILS

I had some questions concerning my wife's account. I spoke with Jared who was absolutely professional an courteous. He spoke with my wife to get permission to speak with me and then walked me through the procedures so that I was able to better handle the payment process and to better understand how her credit line is developed. Jared made it simple and I am now moreconfident in my dealings with Kabbage.

Sep 25, 2018

Hi Edward- This is wonderful to hear. Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Chelle Worthy
September 18th, 2018 Upland, CA DETAILS

I received excellent customer service and my request was completed on a Sunday, followed up by Monday morning and done! Thanks Whitley

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Chelle- Thank you so much for the shoutout!

Akilah
September 17th, 2018 Humble, TX DETAILS

I am very impressed with the flexibility Kabbage offers small business owners. Their customer service is awesome as well. Whitley was amazing in helping me resolve my account issues.

Hi Akilah- Thank you! :)

William Beltz
September 17th, 2018 Loogootee, IN DETAILS

Great customer service representative Thanks Jimena!

Sep 18, 2018

We appreciate your business!

Alex Johnson
September 17th, 2018 Chelsea, MA DETAILS

Whitley is the best! Was very helpful and responded right away even on a sunday! That made me so happy Whitley was able to assist me immediately and resolved my issue. Thank you Kabbage and Whitley!

Sep 18, 2018

Thank YOU Alex for being so awesome!

Shaunte Anderson
September 14th, 2018 Brea, CA DETAILS

Zalenka is great, ask for her she will answer all of your questions and she is very patient. I spoke with another representative His name is Terrell and he was horrible avoid him at all cost

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Shaunte- Thank you so much- not only for the positive feedback, but for the constructive feedback as well. We have addressed the issue and look forward to providing you nothing but the best service moving forward.

Max saint-cyr
September 13th, 2018 Kissimmee, FL DETAILS

Zelenta H was very professional and patient.

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Max- Thank you for your partnership with Kabbage!

Jeff R Deleuse
September 13th, 2018 San Anselmo, CA DETAILS

I asked about a recent credit line increase and the response was quick and accurate. Kabbage has helped us a great deal within the retail trade!

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Jeff- We love to hear this. Thank you so, very much!

Heidi Hartley
September 13th, 2018 Klamath Falls, OR DETAILS

Jared L. was extremely helpful and stayed on the line with me until everything was resolved. He walked me through all the steps. He even followed up and confirmed everything had been taken care of.

Sep 18, 2018

Thank you so much for the feedback Heidi!

Tyler Cook
September 13th, 2018 Healdsburg, CA DETAILS

Josh was extremely helpful, he gave me all of the information I needed and answered all the questions I had.

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Tyler- This is wonderful; thank you so much!

Vitaly Yazvin
September 12th, 2018 Yorba Linda, CA DETAILS

I've been contact Zelenka to help with my business loan questions, she was on top of any of my concerns. She did her job fast and proper. Thank you Zelenka.

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Vitaly- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

SS
September 12th, 2018 Fairview Heights, IL DETAILS

Jimena M was very professional and informative on the information that she provided me about my account. I have learned a lot more about the actual expectancy from Kabbage. I am glad that she was the representative that answered the phone when I called.

Sep 18, 2018

This is wonderful- thank you so much!

Kathleen Christian
September 12th, 2018 Leakey, TX DETAILS

We needed an extension and I called and talked to Zelenka and she was very gracious and she asked me if I understood what would happen. Zelenka was very informative and helpful. She has a winning personality. Thanks for the understanding

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Kathleen! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with Zelenka. We really appreciate it!

Matt Mabry
September 12th, 2018 Maggie Valley, NC DETAILS

Jason was awesome and very helpful. 5 Star communication......

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Matt! We give you 5 Stars as well! :)

Muray Steinman
September 11th, 2018 Bozeman, MT DETAILS

Whittley was exceptionally helpful and nice. She provided me with what I needed while I waited. Excellent service!

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Muray- We love hearing this. Thank you!

Kim Parkinson
September 11th, 2018 Whitman, MA DETAILS

I had an issue and Jimena was able to help me out and walk me through it. Very professional.

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Kim- We strive to make your experience the best. Thank you so much!

Alane K Casady
September 11th, 2018 Wyandotte, MI DETAILS

I spoke with Jimena yesterday, and she was professional and informative. She let me know when my funds would be available following a recent payment. Thank you. Alane Casady Casady Refining Services, Inc.

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Alane- Thank you so much for your business!

Nick J.
September 10th, 2018 Sebring, FL DETAILS

Zelenka... She is a perfect example of a great Rep for Kabbage. She didn't double check, she TRIPLE checked to make sure I had all docs needed for our accounting dept. and answered every question (even when asked repeatedly) with the utmost respect and cheerfulness. Thanks Zelenka! I hope I get you next time I call.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Nick- This is wonderful to hear. We are always here to answer as many questions as you have! :)

Julie Smith
September 10th, 2018 Harrison, AR DETAILS

Very good place to work with. Will be back. Helped when we need money fast.

Sep 10, 2018

Hello Julie- Thank you so much! We look forward to working with you again!

Luid hernandez
September 10th, 2018 Rosamond, CA

Well so far is good just having trouble on just checking my balance on the phone

C. Miller
September 7th, 2018 McDonough, GA DETAILS

Zelenka was very professional and helpful. It's always nice to receive great customer service and this has been a wonderful experience with their staff! But I wish the interest rates wasn't so high on the payments. They would likely get more clients if it wasn't, making them even more competitive to banks and really standing out.

Sep 10, 2018

Hello- Thank you so much for your review. We totally hear you. Always keep in mind that the quicker you pay off the loan, the less cost you will incur as we have no prepayment penalty. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

Arthur Olshansky
September 7th, 2018 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

Great customer service. Zelenka H went above and beyond to help me with an issue.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Arthur- Thank you so much! :)

Melissa Levingston
September 7th, 2018 Saint Paul, MN

There was a miscommunication when I applied for a business loan. I accidentally sent in personal bank statements first and was approved for a certain amount that was much less than what I requested. My business bank statements were sent in later but disregarded because my loan and already been approved. I wish that my business bank statements would have been considered instead. I wanted to make sure the loan amount was still available since I never used any of it after being approved a few months ago and Whitley, was extremely helpful with assuring me that the funds were still there.

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Melissa- Thank you so much for your feedback. We apologize for any miscommunication or frustration you may have experienced. I am going to look back at your history and use your experience as an opportunity to review our policies moving forward. Thank you!

Alisha Melvin
September 5th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

This employee just violated my privacy by sending an email directly to a third party with extremely false information. I am reaching out to management, Celtic Bank and Legal for answers. ******UPDATE******* since this review posting customer service handled the matter quickly and thoroughly. I am updating this review because it is not the product itself (the product is great)! but

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Alisha- Thank you so much for providing an updated review. We totally understand how you feel and have a commitment to continued training and improvement implementation. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to better your experience.

Ed Horowitz
September 5th, 2018 Sammamish, WA DETAILS

Jared was very helpful dealing with a bank issue related to my account.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Ed- Thank you so much for the feedback!

Sylvia Rudison
September 5th, 2018 Greensboro, NC DETAILS

I spoke with Moe today and she was very friendly, answered all my question and i now understand how the loan process work. I am grateful for Kabbage and the help with business funding.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Sylvia- We are happy to have you as a partner!

Ernie
September 5th, 2018 Carson City, NV DETAILS

I had an issue where I was unable to make my latest payment and Sam S. was very helpful and sympathetic in helping me navigate through a stressful situation.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Ernie- We are so glad that we were able to help you during a rough time. We appreciate everything you do!

Lawrence J Burrs
September 4th, 2018 Elkridge, MD DETAILS

Kabbage will get you the money you need. Paying back can be a little stiff however they will work with you to reasonable satisfaction. Paige my last contact was super.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Lawrence- Thank you for your review. We understand that cash flow is not always as steady as you would like. We will always do everything that we can to help you in your time of need. Never hesitate to give us a call! :)