Kabbage

verified
  • Short-Term Loans
  • Repeat Users
  • Resources
  • Kabbage is a lending program based in Atlanta, Georgia that developed an online algorithm to simplify the application and approval process for small businesses. Unlike traditional lenders, they look at business performance online through business checking accounts, payment processing, and shipping data – not manual forms – to automatically assess qualification. Kabbage boasts a high success rate: Over 90 percent of all Kabbage transactions come from repeat users.

For borrowers looking for a small business loan from Kabbage, having a low credit score won't necessarily knock them out of the running. Kabbage looks primarily at current revenue (they want to see more than $50k/year or $4,200/month for the past 3 months) and the amount of time in business (needs to exceed one year). Typical Kabbage borrowers also have a good social media presence and high amounts of inventory. Kabbage lines of credit are used to cover operating expenses while waiting on payments and receivables, cover operating expenses during slower seasons, and covering unexpected expenses. Those who choose Kabbage business loans should remember that funding is not available to startups.

The Good

• Short-Term Loans
    • Transparent Application Requirements
    • Resources
    • Kabbage Card
    • Repeat Users

Short-Term Loans

Loans from Kabbage are great for businesses that need capital on an ongoing basis. Loan amounts go up to $250,000. Kabbage also has a unique borrowing model that allows the borrowers to only use what they need. Even if a business is approved for up to $250,000, the borrower only pays for what they take.

Loans from Kabbage are set up on a short-term manageable payment platform. They offer eligible customers 6-, 12-, or 18-month loan terms.

Additional advantages of Kabbage Small Business Loans:

• Loans are scalable and manageable
    • Quick approval and fast access to funds
    • Simple monthly fees

Transparent Application Requirements

In comparison to other lenders, Kabbage provides a great deal of information online without having to apply first. Their website includes the following helpful information:

• Companies need to be in business for one year before applying
    • Companies need to be making a minimum of $50k annually or $4,200 monthly for the past three months
    • No pre-payment penalties on 6 and 12-month terms
    • No closing fees
    • No origination fees
    • 1.5-10 percent interest rates
    • Good resources
    • No minimum credit score needed

Resources

Kabbage has a "Resources" tab on their website which connects to a blog. This site houses a good amount of content that businesses can access for free, including business news, webinars, eBooks, tips, and more. Under Kabbage's "How It Works" tab, there is a calculator that gives potential borrowers an estimation of their total payment based on the amount they plan to borrow and the length of the term. Typically, the longer the term of the loan, the higher the amount owed.

Kabbage Card

Kabbage has a new exclusive Kabbage card that customers can keep in their wallets and access their funds whenever and wherever they need them. Customers can apply for the Kabbage card on Kabbage's website through a brief form, and the card will be delivered to them in 7-10 business days. When they receive it, customers can activate the credit card online through their Kabbage account dashboard. The benefits of the Kabbage card include:

• Access to available funds at the point of sale
    • Remote access to Kabbage account
    • Business purchases and investments anywhere Visa is accepted
    • No minimum purchase amount or limit to the number of purchases allowed in a day (but limitations include 25K daily card limit, 50K monthly, and 600K annually)
    • No additional hidden monthly fee or cost
    • Straightforward terms: with every transaction made by the Kabbage card, it creates a new, six-month loan that has the same fees and terms as customers' other six-month business loans.

Repeat Users

The average Kabbage customer utilizes the line of credit four times a year. This indicates that many businesses are using Kabbage's service and that the payment scale is affordable and sustainable. Additionally, the high number of repeat users indicates that Kabbage's application and approval process is streamlined for small businesses. Customers simply need their financial documents and a quality credit score. If a customer qualifies, there is an instant approval, rather than an extended waiting period.

Check rates with Kabbage

The Bad

• Short-Term Solutions
    • Low Amounts of Capital
    • Personal Guarantee

Short-Term Solutions

As mentioned earlier, Kabbage's loaning paradigm is based on the line-of-credit industry. When customers apply for a loan with Kabbage, it is a short-term solution. Most Kabbage clients use their funds for short-term needs, such as equipment upgrades, purchasing inventory, or funding payroll. Kabbage does not offer traditional loans, large loans for bigger businesses, or other types of conventional funding. Another factor to consider is that Kabbage does not offer an SBA (Small Business Administration) service. Therefore, the borrower is not included in some key SBA programs. Other limitations include:

Low Amounts of Capital

Kabbage only lends business owners a maximum of $250,000. This amount makes sense if there are only 12 months to pay back the loan, but it's not a large enough working capital for many businesses.

Personal Guarantee

When someone takes out a Kabbage loan, they state that "you personally guarantee that you will pay back your loan, but you do not have to put up any real estate or personal collateral." In many cases, a personal guarantee requires the borrower to put up personal collateral. This confusing language makes it difficult to know what collateral customers are really promising to Kabbage when they take out a loan.

The Bottom Line

Kabbage is a great way for small business owners to secure short-term business loans. Borrowers should consider Kabbage as a lender if they need small amounts for immediate short-term needs, such as new inventory purchases or payroll. Potential Kabbage loan customers should read Kabbage business loan reviews if they want get a better grasp of what the company has to offer. Overall, if you don't mind waiting a few days for funding, can work with low amounts of working capital, and you feel confident in your ability to pay back the loan (and don't mind having a personal guarantee attached to the loan), we recommend using Kabbage.

4.8

Tyler Cook
    September 13th, 2018 Healdsburg, CA DETAILS

Josh was extremely helpful, he gave me all of the information I needed and answered all the questions I had.

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Tyler- This is wonderful; thank you so much!

Matt Mabry
    September 12th, 2018 Maggie Valley, NC DETAILS

Jason was awesome and very helpful. 5 Star communication......

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Matt! We give you 5 Stars as well! :)

Kathleen Christian
    September 12th, 2018 Leakey, TX DETAILS

We needed an extension and I called and talked to Zelenka and she was very gracious and she asked me if I understood what would happen. Zelenka was very informative and helpful. She has a winning personality. Thanks for the understanding

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Kathleen! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with Zelenka. We really appreciate it!

SS
    September 12th, 2018 Fairview Heights, IL DETAILS

Jimena M was very professional and informative on the information that she provided me about my account. I have learned a lot more about the actual expectancy from Kabbage. I am glad that she was the representative that answered the phone when I called.

Sep 18, 2018

This is wonderful- thank you so much!

Alane K Casady
    September 11th, 2018 Wyandotte, MI DETAILS

I spoke with Jimena yesterday, and she was professional and informative. She let me know when my funds would be available following a recent payment. Thank you. Alane Casady Casady Refining Services, Inc.

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Alane- Thank you so much for your business!

Celine Vacher
    September 11th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I've always had great experiences with customer service. Jared has helped me several times and was always very thorough in assisting me and answering any questions I may have.

Sep 18, 2018

Thank you much for sharing your experience, Celine!

Kim Parkinson
    September 11th, 2018 Whitman, MA DETAILS

I had an issue and Jimena was able to help me out and walk me through it. Very professional.

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Kim- We strive to make your experience the best. Thank you so much!

Muray Steinman
    September 11th, 2018 Bozeman, MT DETAILS

Whittley was exceptionally helpful and nice. She provided me with what I needed while I waited. Excellent service!

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Muray- We love hearing this. Thank you!

Luid hernandez
    September 10th, 2018 Rosamond, CA

Well so far is good just having trouble on just checking my balance on the phone

Julie Smith
    September 10th, 2018 Harrison, AR DETAILS

Very good place to work with. Will be back. Helped when we need money fast.

Sep 10, 2018

Hello Julie- Thank you so much! We look forward to working with you again!

Nick J.
    September 10th, 2018 Sebring, FL DETAILS

Zelenka... She is a perfect example of a great Rep for Kabbage. She didn't double check, she TRIPLE checked to make sure I had all docs needed for our accounting dept. and answered every question (even when asked repeatedly) with the utmost respect and cheerfulness. Thanks Zelenka! I hope I get you next time I call.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Nick- This is wonderful to hear. We are always here to answer as many questions as you have! :)

C. Miller
    September 7th, 2018 McDonough, GA DETAILS

Zelenka was very professional and helpful. It's always nice to receive great customer service and this has been a wonderful experience with their staff! But I wish the interest rates wasn't so high on the payments. They would likely get more clients if it wasn't, making them even more competitive to banks and really standing out.

Sep 10, 2018

Hello- Thank you so much for your review. We totally hear you. Always keep in mind that the quicker you pay off the loan, the less cost you will incur as we have no prepayment penalty. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

Vitaly Yazvin
    September 12th, 2018 Yorba Linda, CA DETAILS

I've been contact Zelenka to help with my business loan questions, she was on top of any of my concerns. She did her job fast and proper. Thank you Zelenka.

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Vitaly- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Arthur Olshansky
    September 7th, 2018 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

Great customer service. Zelenka H went above and beyond to help me with an issue.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Arthur- Thank you so much! :)

Melissa Levingston
    September 7th, 2018 Saint Paul, MN

There was a miscommunication when I applied for a business loan. I accidentally sent in personal bank statements first and was approved for a certain amount that was much less than what I requested. My business bank statements were sent in later but disregarded because my loan and already been approved. I wish that my business bank statements would have been considered instead. I wanted to make sure the loan amount was still available since I never used any of it after being approved a few months ago and Whitley, was extremely helpful with assuring me that the funds were still there.

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Melissa- Thank you so much for your feedback. We apologize for any miscommunication or frustration you may have experienced. I am going to look back at your history and use your experience as an opportunity to review our policies moving forward. Thank you!

Alisha Melvin
    September 5th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

This employee just violated my privacy by sending an email directly to a third party with extremely false information. I am reaching out to management, Celtic Bank and Legal for answers. ******UPDATE******* since this review posting customer service handled the matter quickly and thoroughly. I am updating this review because it is not the product itself (the product is great)! but

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Alisha- Thank you so much for providing an updated review. We totally understand how you feel and have a commitment to continued training and improvement implementation. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to better your experience.

Ernie
    September 5th, 2018 Carson City, NV DETAILS

I had an issue where I was unable to make my latest payment and Sam S. was very helpful and sympathetic in helping me navigate through a stressful situation.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Ernie- We are so glad that we were able to help you during a rough time. We appreciate everything you do!

Sylvia Rudison
    September 5th, 2018 Greensboro, NC DETAILS

I spoke with Moe today and she was very friendly, answered all my question and i now understand how the loan process work. I am grateful for Kabbage and the help with business funding.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Sylvia- We are happy to have you as a partner!

Lawrence J Burrs
    September 4th, 2018 Elkridge, MD DETAILS

Kabbage will get you the money you need. Paying back can be a little stiff however they will work with you to reasonable satisfaction. Paige my last contact was super.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Lawrence- Thank you for your review. We understand that cash flow is not always as steady as you would like. We will always do everything that we can to help you in your time of need. Never hesitate to give us a call! :)

STEPHEN FLANAGAN
    September 4th, 2018 Clifton Heights, PA DETAILS

Whitley was very helpful and solved my issue quickly

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Stephen- We are so thrilled that you are happy with the service level given!

Richard Durand
    September 4th, 2018 Cleveland, TN DETAILS

KABBAGE is a great company. Whitley was so nice in working with us on a delayed payment request. We have used our credit line to the max several times the last 2 years. Thanks for helping small business survive .

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Richard- Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!! :)

Sandra Emerson
    September 4th, 2018 Blanchard, OK

Getting the loan from kabbage has been super helpful in getting my business inventory restocked. The process was very simple and easy. Whitley was a great help and very nice to deal with. This is a great place to get funds quickly . Thanks to all the kabbage team members, especially Whitley.

Sep 04, 2018

Thank you to YOU for being such a valued partner to us!

Steven Powers
    September 4th, 2018 Santa Clara, CA DETAILS

Paige responded quickly and handled my account right away. Thank You! Steve Powers

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Steve- Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it!

Julie Brown
    September 4th, 2018 DeFuniak Springs, FL

Customer service got right on my issue and is helping me get the funds I need. Paige C is customer support lady who is helping me. She is doing great trying to help me. Thanks Jewels cleaming LLC.

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Julie- You are wonderful. Thank you!

Michael
    September 4th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Ad a question about my payments and Jimena was helpful and professional. I also appreciate that they have weekend hours. Customer service here is quite good.

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Michael- Thank you so much. We are here for you! :)

KT
    August 31st, 2018 Allen, TX DETAILS

Whitley was VERY knowledgeable and answered all my questions easily. In fact, I learned things I did not know about Kabbage processes during our conversation. She was easy to relate to and very personable. Whitley is a great representative for Kabbage.

Sep 04, 2018

Hello and thank you so much! You are truly valued!

Melodie Osteen
    August 30th, 2018 Portland, OR DETAILS

I called to get help on our payment due the beginning of the month. We are currently experiencing cash flow issues. So it was so nice to be able to speak to a professional, polite and educated person on the phone. Whitley was very clear and concise in explaining our options and the repercussions of our decisions. I can now continue my daily functions without the stress and worry. Thank you Whitley you rock!!

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Melodie- Hearing about our reps providing awesome service gives us such joy. Thank you so much for sharing!

Charles Remines
    August 29th, 2018 Jessup, MD DETAILS

We needed to update our banking information - Whitley made the entire process extremely easy and she was so patient with us! We look forward to working with Kabbage in the future.

Sep 04, 2018

Hello Charles- Thank you so much for sharing your feedback!

Dr. Telva Miller
    August 29th, 2018 Kissimmee, FL DETAILS

Kabbage needs to incorporate additional measures to assist individuals who have experienced catastrophic events.

Sep 04, 2018

Hello Dr. Miller- We take your feedback very seriously and thank you for taking the time to share. We will be sharing your sentiments with the Kabbage team. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you!

ELAINE LACROSSE
    August 29th, 2018 Dracut, MA DETAILS

Kabbage customer service with Zelenka H was such a pleasure.. I was dealing with the death of a loved one and she went above and beyond to help me access money, and was so supportive and compassionate. Thank you Zelenka

Sep 04, 2018

Hello Elaine- We would like to extend our sincerest condolences for you and your family. We are so happy that we could be there for you in your time of need.

Ed Horowitz
    September 5th, 2018 Sammamish, WA DETAILS

Jared was very helpful dealing with a bank issue related to my account.

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Ed- Thank you so much for the feedback!

Timothy Harper
    August 29th, 2018 Fernandina Beach, FL DETAILS

Zelenka is very helpful in resolving outstanding issues. I found her to be understanding and proactive.

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Timothy- Thank you so much for the positive feedback!

Ayman Abbassy
    August 28th, 2018 Richmond, VA DETAILS

Rate is too high also the do not report to credit bureaus unless you in default which to me not worth to pay all thus money high monthly payment I have best egg loan I highly recommend them low monthly and the report to credit bureaus

Sep 04, 2018

Hello Ayman- We apologize for any dissatisfaction you are feeling. We appreciate your feedback and will be taking it back to the team for further evaluation. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at any time if there is anything we can do to make your experience better!

katy brockman
    August 28th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Zelenka was super helpful. This is an easy way to add funds during slower times but not sacrifice cash flow. It is a great resource for us.

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Katy! Thank you so much for the awesome rating. :)

John McKinnon
    August 28th, 2018 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

I had a request today and was lucky to have Whitley answer my call!!! She's was not only amazingly efficient, but so kind and helpful with every aspect of my call. Requested documents were emailed within a minute, and I'm so appreciative of such stellar customer service. Many thanks, -John

Sep 04, 2018

Hi John- We are lucky to have such an amazing customer such as yourself. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!

Vanit luthra
    August 27th, 2018 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Very fast and great customer service. Thanks to Jared and Howard have been great help.

Sep 04, 2018

Hello Vanit- Thank you so much for your response!

rodrigo olvera
    August 24th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Jared L. had great customer service, very knowledeable and went the extra mile to help, answered all questions and even answered questions I didn't even know I had. I hung up the phone very satisfied, I knew my concerns were addressed and even got an email confirmation, thanks Jared!

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Rodrigo- This is wonderful to hear. Thank you so much!

GS Early
    August 23rd, 2018 Charlottesville, VA DETAILS

Had a question regarding my account and Whitley got back to me quickly and gave me a thorough answer that went beyond my initial question. It was very helpful. She's a keeper!

Sep 04, 2018

Hello! Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly value our employees!

Warren
    August 23rd, 2018 North Falmouth, MA DETAILS

Kabbage has been a useful cash flow tool for us, it is easy to use and the staff is very supportive. Jeff T helped me quickly and efficiently and was very professional.

Sep 04, 2018

Hello Warren- Thank you so much. We appreciate you!

Vernon Harris
    August 23rd, 2018 Buford, GA DETAILS

Kabbabe has been an excellent resource to help keep our business moving forward when the accounts receivables are slow. The Kabbage customer service is always very helpful as a bonus.

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Vernon- We appreciate your support!

Tabitha
    August 23rd, 2018 Tar Heel, NC

Nice easy process to apply for funds! Called to obtain information and customer service representative named Zelenka was very nice!!

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Tabitha- Thank you so much for your rating!

Micaela
    August 24th, 2018 Oconomowoc, WI DETAILS

Love Kabbage - very easy to use and they have helped our small business immensely. Our last representative, Sam S., was very professional and helpful.

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Micaela- Thank you for your continued business. :)

Stephen Johnson
    August 22nd, 2018 Winston-Salem, NC DETAILS

For me, Kabbage has a great program/service. It has provided funding for my business for about five years. Today, I received assistance from Jared L. who expertly and quickly helped me fix a bit of a mess that i

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Stephen- This is awesome. Thank you so much for the seal of approval! :)

Bruce Albert
    August 22nd, 2018 Lake Orion, MI DETAILS

Whitney did a great job today answering my question about credit limits today!

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Bruce- We are so happy to be there for you!

James Jones
    August 22nd, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

Explained everything in detail and handled the situation swiftly

Sep 04, 2018

Hi James- Thank you so much for your rating!

Barbara Balzano
    August 29th, 2018 Englewood Cliffs, NJ DETAILS

Spoke to Whitley. she was a pleasure to speak with and very helpful. she was able to help me with my question and explain clearly so I can understand.

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Barbara- We are so happy to hear about your great service!

Gary
    August 20th, 2018 Decatur, TX DETAILS

Outstanding service! I had an approval in a matter of minutes to help me defer my payment 5 days. Thank you Whitley for your help.

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Gary- We are so happy that we could be there for you. :)

Susan Makalinaw
    August 20th, 2018 Attleboro, MA DETAILS

Whitley was super fast getting back to me!!!! Thank you.

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Susan- Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

smith hanes
    August 20th, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

All my communications with Kevin F and Jared L have been really congenial and helpful. They are respectful and timely in all our conversations. Kabbage is such an easy loan/line of credit system. So much easier than traditional banks and their antiquated way of loaning money. Thank you !

Sep 04, 2018

Hi Smith- Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy to have you as a partner!

Bob Wagner
    August 17th, 2018 Newark, DE DETAILS

I needed to changer a bank account. Moe was very helpful, cordial, and efficient.

Aug 17, 2018

Hi Bob- Thank you so much! :)