Kabbage is a lending program based in Atlanta, Georgia that developed an online algorithm to simplify the application and approval process for small businesses. Unlike traditional lenders, they look at business performance online through business checking accounts, payment processing, and shipping data – not manual forms – to automatically assess qualification. Kabbage boasts a high success rate: Over 90 percent of all Kabbage transactions come from repeat users.

For borrowers looking for a small business loan from Kabbage, having a low credit score won't necessarily knock them out of the running. Kabbage looks primarily at current annual revenue (they want to see more than $50k/year or $4,200/month for the past 3 months) and the amount of time in business (needs to exceed one year). Typical Kabbage borrowers also have a good social media presence and high amounts of inventory. Kabbage lines of credit are used to cover operating expenses while waiting on payments and receivables, cover operating expenses during slower seasons, and covering unexpected expenses. Those who choose Kabbage business loans should remember that funding is not available to startups.

You can find Kabbage reviews below to learn how customers feel about the lender.

The Good

• Short-Term Loans
  • Transparent Application Requirements
  • No Closing or Origination Fees
  • Resources
  • Kabbage Card
  • Repeat Users

Short-Term Loans

Loans from Kabbage are great for businesses that need capital on an ongoing basis. Loan amounts go up to $250,000. Kabbage also has a unique borrowing model that allows the borrowers to only use what they need. Even if a business is approved for up to $250,000, the borrower only pays for what they take.

Loans from Kabbage are set up on a short-term manageable payment platform. They offer eligible customers 6-, 12-, or 18-month loan terms.

Additional advantages of Kabbage Small Business Loans:

• Loans are scalable and manageable
  • Quick approval and fast access to funds
  • Simple monthly fee

Transparent Application Requirements

In comparison to other lenders, Kabbage provides a great deal of information online without having to apply first. Their website includes the following helpful information:

• Companies need to be in business for one year before applying
  • Companies need to be making a minimum of $50k annually or $4,200 monthly for the past three months
  • No pre-payment penalties on 6 and 12-month terms
  • No closing fees
  • No origination fees
  • 1.5-10 percent interest rates
  • Good resources
  • No minimum credit score needed

No Closing or Origination Fees

Unlike many business loans providers, Kabbage does not charge any closing or origination fees. This saves borrowers money and can provide them with peace of mind that there are no hidden fees.

Resources

Kabbage has a "Resources" tab on their website which connects to a blog. This site houses a good amount of content that businesses can access for free, including business news, webinars, eBooks, tips, and more. Under Kabbage's "How It Works" tab, there is a calculator that gives potential borrowers an estimation of their total payment based on the amount they plan to borrow and the length of the term. Typically, the longer the term of the loan, the higher the amount owed.

Kabbage Card

Kabbage has a new exclusive Kabbage card that customers can keep in their wallets and access their funds whenever and wherever they need them. Customers can apply for the Kabbage card on Kabbage's website through a brief form, and the card will be delivered to them in 7-10 business days. When they receive it, customers can activate the credit card online through their Kabbage account dashboard. The benefits of the Kabbage card include:

• Access to available funds at the point of sale
  • Remote access to Kabbage account
  • Business purchases and investments anywhere Visa is accepted
  • No minimum purchase amount or limit to the number of purchases allowed in a day (but limitations include 25K daily card limit, 50K monthly, and 600K annually)
  • No additional hidden monthly fee or cost
  • Straightforward terms: with every transaction made by the Kabbage card, it creates a new, six-month loan that has the same fees and terms as customers' other six-month business loans.

Repeat Users

The average Kabbage customer utilizes the line of credit four times a year. This indicates that many businesses are using Kabbage's service and that the payment scale is affordable and sustainable. Additionally, the high number of repeat users indicates that Kabbage's application and approval process is streamlined for small businesses. Customers simply need their financial documents and a quality credit score. If a customer qualifies, there is an instant approval, rather than an extended waiting period.

Check rates with Kabbage

The Bad

• Short-Term Solutions
  • Low Amounts of Capital
  • Personal Guarantee

Short-Term Solutions

As mentioned earlier, Kabbage's lending platform is based on the line-of-credit industry. When customers apply for a loan with Kabbage, it is a short-term solution. Most Kabbage clients use their funds for short-term needs, such as equipment upgrades, purchasing inventory, or funding payroll. Kabbage does not offer traditional loans, large loans for bigger businesses, or other types of conventional funding. Another factor to consider is that Kabbage does not offer an SBA (Small Business Administration) service. Therefore, the borrower is not included in some key SBA programs. Other limitations include:

Low Amounts of Capital

Kabbage only lends business owners a maximum of $250,000. This amount makes sense if there are only 12 months to pay back the loan, but it's not a large enough working capital for many businesses. Man

Personal Guarantee

When someone takes out a Kabbage loan, they state that "you personally guarantee that you will pay back your loan, but you do not have to put up any real estate or personal collateral." In many cases, a personal guarantee requires the borrower to put up personal collateral. This confusing language makes it difficult to know what collateral customers are really promising to Kabbage when they take out a loan. Read Kabbage reviews below to learn how borrowers feel about the lender and the personal guarantee.

The Bottom Line

Kabbage is a great way for small business owners to secure short-term business loans. Borrowers should consider Kabbage as a lender if they need small amounts for immediate short-term needs, such as new inventory purchases or payroll. Potential Kabbage loan customers should read Kabbage business loan reviews if they want get a better grasp of what the company has to offer. Overall, if you don't mind waiting a few days for funding, can work with low amounts of working capital, and you feel confident in your ability to pay back the loan (and don't mind having a personal guarantee attached to the loan), we recommend using Kabbage.

If you want to see how customers feel Kabbage measures up to other business lenders in regards to term loans, loan amounts, repayment terms, customer service, and more, check out Kabbage reviews below.

4.8

Kim Brooks
December 12th, 2019 Buford, GA DETAILS

I've been a Kabbage customer for a long time. I've been fairly pleased with them all the way around. Their customer support is the best. Stephenie W. really helped me out when I needed some extra assistance. The only thing I would say is they don't re-evaluate your business revenue very often. I make almost 4 times in my company than I did when I started with Kabbage and my line has never changed. Other than that, I've been a very happy Kabbage customer.

SYED AHMED
December 11th, 2019 Houston, TX

I appreciated how the Person Jerrad helped me out to submitting the application and opening the account with Kabbage.

George B.
December 10th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Kabbage has been great, truly pleased with their product and service. Can’t say enough good things about my experience with support, Jared went above and beyond to resolve my business loan issues. Very impressed and looking forward to continue growing our business relationship with Kabbage.

Gloria Jackson
December 6th, 2019 Wallis, TX

Jared was extremely patient and helpful with me. Kabbage is very easy to work with. He also helped to find Nelson L the originator for my loan. Both of you are super. Thanks Kabbage!

Nancy
December 5th, 2019 Bakersfield, CA

Marcus was very helpful and resolved all of my issues quickly.

Dolan Torres
November 27th, 2019 Port Saint Lucie, FL

Lucas is a very professional person He was able to meet my needs I highly recommend him

Zachary
November 25th, 2019 Boulder, CO

The responsiveness, customer service and ease of approval is entirely superior to the Banking industry. The rates for Lines of Credit are amazing compared to the Banking industry in my company's situation using Chase as a comparison at 7.75% versus around 1.5% with Kabbage. My only issue and why I gave it a 4 Star versus 5 Star is that whatever funds utilized must be payed back within 18 months at the high end and payments must begin immediately according to their schedule not yours. I can live with it but this is where Banks are superior as they often allow you not to pay it back at all for some time and its based on your schedule not theirs. Overall its great that Kabbage exists and I hope these often illogical and anal retentive folks that approve loans at Banks become unemployed very quickly.

Phil
November 22nd, 2019 Lowell, MA DETAILS

I had some questions in regards to my account with kabbage, Kate was great she was able to answer them all and follow up with me in a couple of days to make sure everything was good. Great service

Rose Ann Colon
November 22nd, 2019 Merrillville, IN DETAILS

I am so great-full for Kabbage working with me instead of against me like most lenders have a tendency to do. Marcus so sweet and polite although his fast talking skills where as you have to be an attentive listener like I which had no problems catching every word, but some may have a problem catching what is said. Every word spoken was to help my needs. Marcus was understanding and even got a supervisor request so I the customer was happy. You see they make exceptions to the rule to those value customers, so I must be a value customer which made me feel ever so comfortable with the Kabbage family as they made my company and I feel more welcome as part of the Kabbage family. If your a small business as I am you will not be steered wrong with Kabbage. I am so great full that God has our back and pointed me to the solution to the problem as HE always does. No, I was NOT coursed in saying above facts. I always give credit where credit is due. And always leave bad comments to where those sites are due too. I am honest and truthful to my words and I stand by them all. Everyone have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Michael Castlebury
November 22nd, 2019 Marion, NC DETAILS

Jared worked with me to get the funds I needed. He was a great help and I really appreciated his help.

Tracy R.
November 19th, 2019 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

Kate was very helpful with what I needed to accomplish today.

Rich Walker
November 12th, 2019 Bethel, OH DETAILS

Kate was very prompt in addressing my concerns!

Thanks so much!

Carlos C.
November 12th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

Easy interface, fast approval, very flexible platform. Expensive at first, but managed to negotiate better rates down the line. Great product, Jess R was great help.

Nov 21, 2019

We appreciate your great feedback!

Robert madhosingh
November 7th, 2019 Miami Beach, FL DETAILS

This company gives prompt service and is by far my number one lender! They have great rates! The ease of doing a transaction is a click of the button! Awesome service

Nov 07, 2019

We really appreciate this great review! Thanks!

Ash
November 5th, 2019 Mountville, PA DETAILS

I called on a Saturday about an issue with my account and spoke with Kate, who was able to help me quickly. She was so friendly and she made the experience so easy for me! It's easy to pull funds when I need to and the customer service is extremely helpful.

Nov 06, 2019

Thanks so much for leaving this great review!

Diego N.
October 31st, 2019 Miami, FL

I needed clarification on requested documents and spoke to Kate and she provided a great service advising what was missing.

Nov 06, 2019

Thank you for leaving us great feedback!

Matt Heintschel
October 31st, 2019 Escondido, CA DETAILS

Diane was very helpful. She is very knowledgeable in all the matters that i was concerned with.

Grace L.
October 30th, 2019 Commack, NY DETAILS

Kabbage has been extremely helpful in helping us grow our business from the start. Their customer service has been wonderful each and every time I have spoken to them!

Nov 06, 2019

We appreciate you leaving us a review!

ERROL MENDIOLA
October 30th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Jared L. was extremely helpful. He took care of my issue immediately.

Nov 06, 2019

Thanks for choosing Kabbage as your funding partner for your small business!

Chris K.
October 28th, 2019 Tuckerton, NJ DETAILS

Customer service is polite and helpful. Diane L. worked with me to resolve a problem with a great attitude.

Oct 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback!

Desiree
October 28th, 2019 Belleville, IL DETAILS

I really appreciate kabbage helping with business loan an Jess R. is really help an great to work with.

Oct 29, 2019

We appreciate you choosing Kabbage as your funding partner!

Tracey G
October 28th, 2019 Palm Bay, FL DETAILS

I spoke with Marcus because I am having trouble connecting my correct bank account to my account on Kabbage. I have two accounts at TD Bank and connected a different TD account to make a payment, then I found I couldn't connect the correct account because it has to be added manually by Kabbage staff. Marcus told me what I need to do to get this done with documentation etc. Marcus was friendly, knowledgeable, and made me feel like a valued customer.

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks so much for this awesome feedback of your experience!

SB
October 25th, 2019 Noble, OK

Jared was very helpful in resolving an issue regarding my account.

Oct 29, 2019

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

Ram Auto Sales
October 25th, 2019 Gettysburg, PA DETAILS

Very good to deal with and the company has allowed me to grow my business and plan on using in the future!

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks so much for your great review!

Justin
October 23rd, 2019 Flintstone, GA DETAILS

Great customer service representative named Marcus help me out and answered all my questions

KST Accountancy
October 21st, 2019 Prairieville, LA DETAILS

The representative I spoke with today was amazingly awesome! He was very kind, patient and knowledgeable. If I could talk to him every time I have a problem, I would! He provided customer service beyond my expectations!

gary curzi
October 17th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

Just spoke with Patty from Kabbage,she helped me out real fast and was very professional and polite. Thank you Patty

Oct 21, 2019

We appreciate you leaving us a great review!

Michael Bozel
October 17th, 2019 Tampa, FL DETAILS

I have to say that I have had a great experience with each person I have dealt with at your company. However, I had some questions and was assisted by Marcus, lucky me!!! He was everything you want when dealing with customer service: courteous, listening to my needs, offering a solution, exceptional!! With representatives like Marcus, there is no doubt your company will flourish and continue to do so! Kudos Kabbage! (If you use that in advertising I, I want my cut) :)

Oct 21, 2019

We really appreciate you sharing this with us! Thanks!

Russ B
October 11th, 2019 Normal, IL DETAILS

Very happy with Kabbage and their customer service! Always so easy to work with . Jared L. helped me out today and was very helpful and easy to talk to! Thanks!

Oct 21, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

Maria
October 11th, 2019 Bowie, MD DETAILS

KABBAGE has helped me tremendously in the normal ups and downs of business cash flow. Cash is available in minutes when you need it the most and the KABBAGE card is so convenient. I have never had to use it but having quick access to funds at my fingertips is very reassuring and helps with better decision-making. Customer service is excellent and the company gives the feeling that it is really out to help and wants you to succeed. Not very common these days. Thank you KABBAGE!

Oct 21, 2019

We appreciate your awesome review! Thanks so much!

Theodora F.
October 11th, 2019 Garden Grove, CA

Excellent service, pleasant and provided complete details about the loan

Oct 21, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback!

Stephanie R
October 11th, 2019 Denham Springs, LA DETAILS

Jared L with Kabbage provided exceptional customer service. He quickly handled my request and followed up after its completion to ensure my satisfaction. Kabbage is the right solution for your business! Thanks Jared!

Oct 21, 2019

Thanks for the review, Stephanie!

Lynn Rose
October 9th, 2019 Marina del Rey, CA DETAILS

I've remained SO IMPRESSED by Kabbage! The ease of use and clarity as to how the system works (and so FAST!) is incredible. Also, the customer service has CONSISTENTLY been top-notch! Connecting with such care, feeling heard, going out of their way to serve and make us happy - truly amazing. I DO have to say the ONLY thing I'd change on Kabbage (and ASAP) is that horrendous voiceover on the answering service. You guys used to have a guy's voice who actually did a great job and made it feel friendly, connected, fun, etc. This one is a gal's voice (and I'm a girl and love hearing girl's voices so it's nothing to do with that) and this one is so unprofessionally done and disconnected. She's rushing thru the copy, sounds fake and is just plain awkward - ugh! (I'm extra picky on voiceovers because I have done them for years and come from being an actor and tv host). I'm not the only one who doesn't like her VO and how it stands out as disjointed and distracting. I've heard this from others who use Kabbage and even a few customer service calls I've had over time (especially when they first came out with this gal instead of the guy and I'd ask the customer service agent, why on earth did they do that??? It was great before. It's almost like this must have been the daughter of the owner of Kabbage who wanted to give the the opportunity to do it or something. Oy!) Anyway - that's minor compared to how impeccable Kabbage is everywhere else, how fair, how understanding and what a LIFESAVER it's been for me during some tough years in my business with divorce and business changes, etc. SO GRATEFUL!

Feb 12, 2019

Thanks for such an awesome review, Lynn! We are so glad that we are a lending partner for your business!

KarenK
October 9th, 2019 Greenville, IL DETAILS

I have been having ongoing issues with my accounts continually staying connected as well as my most recent issue of not being able to withdraw funds. Caty B. was AMAZING with her assistance. She was empathetic, helpful and responded in a very timely fashion. When running a business, it's nice to be taken care of when issues arrive on our side. Thanks so much Caty!

Oct 21, 2019

Thank you for your five-star review!

Saidah
October 9th, 2019 West Memphis, AR DETAILS

Once qualified, always there for emergency draws. More important, when I needed a few extra days to repay, Jared was helpful in deferring a payment due making sure I understood the process. Easy & painless.

Oct 21, 2019

Thanks for leaving this great review!

Lewis Hunter
October 8th, 2019 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

In my effort to refinance my personal residence, questions arose as to Kabbage' s remedies in case of a default. Marcus was very helpful it getting me the information I needed,

Oct 21, 2019

We appreciate you providing us with a great review!

Juan
October 3rd, 2019 The Bronx, NY DETAILS

Jared was very knowledgeable, helpful and courteous.

George Youhana
October 3rd, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

What a professional group of people! The absolute best!!

Oct 21, 2019

We appreciate your review!

Ramona Freeze
October 2nd, 2019 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS

My account manager Kate has my best interest at heart and keeps in contact with me.

Nov 30, 2018

Thanks for the review, Ramona! We are delighted to know you had a great experience with Kabbage!

Caroline Janzen
October 2nd, 2019 Lake Oswego, OR DETAILS

He was very kind and helpful. He took steps to help me without any prompting. I really appreciate it. He was compassionate and very professional. I am sure he will follow up to assist me further with my issue as he promised. He stayed on the phone with me until we were able to find a solution to work temporarily. He was respectful as well and represents your company well. I hope you can reward with him more responsibility and allow him to teach others. Thank you for your time.

Oct 02, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review!

Angel
October 1st, 2019 Madison, NC DETAILS

Called customer service on Monday spoke with Jess R. Jess was very helpful and polite. Was a pleasure to speak with. Great customer service!

Paul Z.
September 30th, 2019 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS

Kabbage has been extremely easy to work with. I needed to move my payment date to mid-month instead of 1st of the month. I talked to Caty B. in customer support and she was very accommodating and explained what she could do and how it would impact my existing terms. I would highly recommend them!

Oct 02, 2019

Thanks for sharing this experience with us! We are proud to be your funding partner!

Lincoln Property Develpment
September 30th, 2019 Dover, OH DETAILS

Kabbage has been an extremely valuable asset to my business health. Kabbage's technology, customer service, and the process have exceeded every expectation of mine. Their customer service extraordinaire, Kate W. has given our business a very high level of personal attention. Our business needs have been met thanks to their approach.

Sep 30, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your awesome feedback!

Faith
September 30th, 2019 Atlantic Beach, FL DETAILS

Kabbage has been able to provide a line of credit which is flexible and has helped through periods of short-term cash flow. Kate responded courteously to my questions on 9/27/19 and provides a good image for Kabbage.

Sep 30, 2019

We really appreciate your review!

Vincent Lobdell
September 26th, 2019 Pulaski, NY DETAILS

The customer service person Jess R. was excellent. She was very knowledgeable and extremely pleasant. Kabbage is a wonderful resource- hopefully the rates will come down some as the interest rates come down.

Sep 28, 2019

Thanks for your honest feedback!

Sheri J Rhodes
September 25th, 2019 Greeneville, TN DETAILS

I called Kabbage today for help with changing my bank accounts, and Matthew T. helped me to make the change. He was cheerful, helpful, and made the experience a quick and easy process, which was great! Thank you so much.

We appreciate it!

Dan
September 23rd, 2019 Clifton, NJ DETAILS

Jared was very helpful and attentive.

Sep 28, 2019

Thanks for the great review!

MCartwright
September 23rd, 2019 Bend, OR DETAILS

The loans are a bit on the spendy side for start ups. However, the customer service is superior

Sep 28, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback!

Gordon Gervais
September 23rd, 2019 Anaheim, CA DETAILS

Kabbage is spot on They are a great company and stand behind what they say. My account manager Marcus is very professional and a standup guy knows what he’s Talking about. I recommend kabbage to anyone

Sep 28, 2019

We really appreciate this five-star feedback!

Cromwell
September 20th, 2019 Palmdale, CA DETAILS

Had an issue with my account and Jared did a wonderful job handling the situation. He was informative and professional, customer service was excellent. Thank you Jared!