Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

$100 Guarantee
  • Short-Term Loans
  • Repeat Users
  • Resources
  • Kabbage is a lending program based in Atlanta, Georgia that developed an online algorithm to simplify the application and approval process for small businesses. Unlike traditional lenders, they look at business performance online through business checking accounts, payment processing, and shipping data – not manual forms – to automatically assess qualification. Kabbage boasts a high success rate: Over 90 percent of all Kabbage transactions come from repeat users.

For borrowers looking for a small business loan from Kabbage, having a low credit score won't necessarily knock them out of the running. Kabbage looks primarily at current revenue (they want to see more than $50k/year or $4,200/month for the past 3 months) and the amount of time in business (needs to exceed one year). Typical Kabbage borrowers also have a good social media presence and high amounts of inventory. Kabbage lines of credit are used to cover operating expenses while waiting on payments and receivables, cover operating expenses during slower seasons, and covering unexpected expenses. Those who choose Kabbage business loans should remember that funding is not available to startups.

The Good

• Short-Term Loans
    • Transparent Application Requirements
    • Resources
    • Kabbage Card
    • Repeat Users

Short-Term Loans

Loans from Kabbage are great for businesses that need capital on an ongoing basis. Loan amounts go up to $250,000. Kabbage also has a unique borrowing model that allows the borrowers to only use what they need. Even if a business is approved for up to $250,000, the borrower only pays for what they take.

Loans from Kabbage are set up on a short-term manageable payment platform. They offer eligible customers 6-, 12-, or 18-month loan terms.

Additional advantages of Kabbage Small Business Loans:

• Loans are scalable and manageable
    • Quick approval and fast access to funds
    • Simple monthly fees

Transparent Application Requirements

In comparison to other lenders, Kabbage provides a great deal of information online without having to apply first. Their website includes the following helpful information:

• Companies need to be in business for one year before applying
    • Companies need to be making a minimum of $50k annually or $4,200 monthly for the past three months
    • No pre-payment penalties on 6 and 12-month terms
    • No closing fees
    • No origination fees
    • 1.5-10 percent interest rates
    • Good resources
    • No minimum credit score needed

Resources

Kabbage has a "Resources" tab on their website which connects to a blog. This site houses a good amount of content that businesses can access for free, including business news, webinars, eBooks, tips, and more. Under Kabbage's "How It Works" tab, there is a calculator that gives potential borrowers an estimation of their total payment based on the amount they plan to borrow and the length of the term. Typically, the longer the term of the loan, the higher the amount owed.

Kabbage Card

Kabbage has a new exclusive Kabbage card that customers can keep in their wallets and access their funds whenever and wherever they need them. Customers can apply for the Kabbage card on Kabbage's website through a brief form, and the card will be delivered to them in 7-10 business days. When they receive it, customers can activate the credit card online through their Kabbage account dashboard. The benefits of the Kabbage card include:

• Access to available funds at the point of sale
    • Remote access to Kabbage account
    • Business purchases and investments anywhere Visa is accepted
    • No minimum purchase amount or limit to the number of purchases allowed in a day (but limitations include 25K daily card limit, 50K monthly, and 600K annually)
    • No additional hidden monthly fee or cost
    • Straightforward terms: with every transaction made by the Kabbage card, it creates a new, six-month loan that has the same fees and terms as customers' other six-month business loans.

Repeat Users

The average Kabbage customer utilizes the line of credit four times a year. This indicates that many businesses are using Kabbage's service and that the payment scale is affordable and sustainable. Additionally, the high number of repeat users indicates that Kabbage's application and approval process is streamlined for small businesses. Customers simply need their financial documents and a quality credit score. If a customer qualifies, there is an instant approval, rather than an extended waiting period.

Check rates with Kabbage

The Bad

• Short-Term Solutions
    • Low Amounts of Capital
    • Personal Guarantee

Short-Term Solutions

As mentioned earlier, Kabbage's loaning paradigm is based on the line-of-credit industry. When customers apply for a loan with Kabbage, it is a short-term solution. Most Kabbage clients use their funds for short-term needs, such as equipment upgrades, purchasing inventory, or funding payroll. Kabbage does not offer traditional loans, large loans for bigger businesses, or other types of conventional funding. Another factor to consider is that Kabbage does not offer an SBA (Small Business Administration) service. Therefore, the borrower is not included in some key SBA programs. Other limitations include:

Low Amounts of Capital

Kabbage only lends business owners a maximum of $250,000. This amount makes sense if there are only 12 months to pay back the loan, but it's not a large enough working capital for many businesses.

Personal Guarantee

When someone takes out a Kabbage loan, they state that "you personally guarantee that you will pay back your loan, but you do not have to put up any real estate or personal collateral." In many cases, a personal guarantee requires the borrower to put up personal collateral. This confusing language makes it difficult to know what collateral customers are really promising to Kabbage when they take out a loan.

The Bottom Line

Kabbage is a great way for small business owners to secure short-term business loans. Borrowers should consider Kabbage as a lender if they need small amounts for immediate short-term needs, such as new inventory purchases or payroll. Potential Kabbage loan customers should read Kabbage business loan reviews if they want get a better grasp of what the company has to offer. Overall, if you don't mind waiting a few days for funding, can work with low amounts of working capital, and you feel confident in your ability to pay back the loan (and don't mind having a personal guarantee attached to the loan), we recommend using Kabbage.

4.8

David
    December 6th, 2018 Beaumont, TX

I had some technical problems and I spoke to Cam who took care of all of my issues. Very professional.

Pamela Jackson
    December 6th, 2018 Shreveport, LA DETAILS

I was apprehensive before I called. But God sent me an angel named Jared who helped me with grace on December 5...the number that represents grace! Thanks Jared

Bethany GrippDec 07, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review! We are delighted to know you had a great experience with Kabbage.

Laura
    December 6th, 2018 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS

Kabbage has quite literally built my business. Their customer service is outstanding. I have had the pleasure of working with Jared a few times now and he is professional, courteous and always answers my questions thoughtfully. Thank you Jared and thanks Kabbage!

Bethany GrippDec 07, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review. We are proud to partner with you and your business!

Brandon
    December 6th, 2018 Addison, TX DETAILS

Jared was very quick and helpful in taking care of me.

Daniel Fiore
    December 6th, 2018 Barnegat, NJ DETAILS

I have been trying to link new accounts for almost 2 months and no one was able to help me get that done, until today. Within 5 minutes of being on the phone with Sami D. she was able to figure out what was wrong and helped me manually link the new accounts. She was a pleasure to speak with and my review of Kabbage as a whole has gone back up. You need more people trained and understanding like her!

H B
    December 6th, 2018 Miami, FL DETAILS

I have banked with, received credit cards and business lines of credit over the last 20 years with almost all the "major" banks. The Kabbage team and process is by far the simplest, easiest and provides the best customer service I have experienced. When you email your rep, they have always replied the same day. The hold times when you call in, are little to none. Plus the customer representatives know their services, are quick and efficient with whatever I have requested. If you are looking for a quick line of credit to grow your business, trust the Kabbage experience. -HB

Chris
    December 4th, 2018 Newnan, GA DETAILS

Brandon L was very informative and helpful. He addressed my concerns quickly an professionally.

Bethany GrippDec 04, 2018

Thanks for the review, Chris!

Billi Shockley
    December 4th, 2018 Hayden, ID DETAILS

He was very helpful and answered everything I asked. Thank you

Nicole
    December 3rd, 2018 Jacksonville, FL

I have been very pleased with Kabbage as a whole. The funds are dispersed quickly, terms are easy to understand, fees are acceptable, and Customer Service is A++ My most recent contact with Coresa in C.S. went better than expected. She was extremely helpful and willing to take the extra time and go extra mile to handle my concern. Anytime I have called, they are very professional and take their time to assist without any issues. Kabbage has helped when in a jam or just needing the cushion from time to time.

Bethany GrippDec 04, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are proud to partner with you and your business! We look forward to continuing to build our relationship.

shaya
    December 3rd, 2018 Monsey, NY DETAILS

had a great experience especially with my account manager Josh. anything I needed he was there for me in a blink. Keep it up...

Joel
    December 6th, 2018 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

The support staff is very helpful and informative. They have answered all my questions professionally and courteously and have helped resolve questions and issues I've had with my account beyond expectations. Thank you very much!

JJM
    December 3rd, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS

The support is always great! Yesterday Brandon resolved issues so fast I couldn't believe it! A wonderful company that goes out of their way to help clients!

Bethany GrippDec 03, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review. We are thrilled that you had a great experience with Kabbage!

Jefferey Rigler
    December 3rd, 2018 Santa Clarita, CA DETAILS

Thanks to SAMI for taking the time explaining payments online. Kabbage helps entrepreneurs juggle many tasks with ease.

Bethany GrippDec 03, 2018

Thanks for the great review! We are proud to partner with you and your company!

Omar Alhariri
    December 3rd, 2018 Stafford, VA DETAILS

Top notch experience! Very knowledgeable customer service rep who got all my questions answered in a timely fashion!

Bethany GrippDec 03, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review!

Hector Rosario
    December 3rd, 2018 Bakersfield, CA

Emily S. hace me an extraordinary customer service. She respond quick with the rights answers of my requests.

Bethany GrippDec 03, 2018

Thanks for the review. We are delighted to know you had a great experience with Kabbage!

David G.
    December 3rd, 2018 Henderson, NV DETAILS

Matthew provided five star service! I was very pleased at how he handled my call. Very happy customer here.

Rob Sciglimpaglia
    November 30th, 2018 Norwalk, CT DETAILS

They are always quick, courteous and helpful on the phone! I love how I can take a loan and get it to my bank in seconds.

Bethany GrippNov 30, 2018

Thanks for the review! We are thrilled to know you had a great experience with Kabbage!

Cory Wolff
    November 30th, 2018 Irving, TX DETAILS

Great service and experience and getting our payoff letter was a breeze. Thank you.

Bethany GrippNov 30, 2018

Thanks for the review, Cory!

Andrea Strickland
    November 30th, 2018 Stillwater, MN DETAILS

Sami was very helpful, knowledgeable, and patient with helping me to get my profile updated correctly.

Jimmie Johnson
    November 30th, 2018 Gibbsboro, NJ DETAILS

When you need cash flow fast Kabbage is on it! Plus, if you have any questions or needs their staff is extremely helpful like the representative I had (PATTY), she was extremely helpful and made sure that I was completely satisfied with regards to my questions and concerns..

Bethany GrippNov 30, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review! We are proud to partner with you and your business!

Latifa
    November 30th, 2018 McLean, VA

So easy to work with outstanding customer service they will guide you through the process and Becca is amazing

Kelsey
    November 30th, 2018 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS

I usually don't have time to leave a review but after the conversation that I just had my mother told me it's only right. Thank you Morgan for staying on the phone with me for what seemed like forever! I know I probably asked you an unusual amount of questions but thank you for not giving up on me!

Bethany GrippNov 30, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review! We are delighted to know you had a great experience with Kabbage!

Laura Perez
    November 30th, 2018 Port Orange, FL DETAILS

Just made my first payment and was curious about how my payment/line of credit was linked to my Kabbage card. The process was fully explained by a very friendly and knowledgeable customer service rep.

Ramona Freeze
    November 29th, 2018 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS

Ms. Zalenka H was so helpful with my questions about my account. She made what I needed done so easy and understandable.

Bethany GrippNov 30, 2018

Thanks for the review, Ramona! We are delighted to know you had a great experience with Kabbage!

Tomika J.
    November 29th, 2018 Moreno Valley, CA

Brandon was great and provided excellent customer service! I will make sure to refer Kabbage to my partners.

Bethany GrippNov 30, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review! We are proud to partner with you!

Raymond Berry
    November 28th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Hi, All went well with the phone call and customer service was excellent. Thank you

Carl Edwards
    December 5th, 2018 New Port Richey, FL DETAILS

Zelenka is awesome!She was able to assist me with a request quickly. My experience with Kabbage and their helpful team has been great.

Bethany GrippDec 06, 2018

Thanks for the review, Carl!

Lea Ann
    November 28th, 2018 DETAILS

Josh was extremely helpful, courteous and kind. He helped enormously and was able to help with the issue I had.

Bethany GrippNov 28, 2018

Thanks for the great review, Lea Ann!

Duane
    November 28th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA

This is my first business line of credit after 25+ years of ownership. Thank you for making this such an easy process! I called with a question and Patty answer in such a pleasant manner, I won't mind calling back. She was professional and eased my nerves tremendously!!

Bethany GrippNov 28, 2018

Thanks for the great review! We are proud to partner with you and your business!

Dianne
    November 28th, 2018 Fayetteville, GA DETAILS

As a business owner, I receive multiple phone calls daily from companies wanting to lend me money. Kabbage is the best option, offering seamless service and the least expensive company in regards to fees. My experience with Patty today was wonderful, she handled my request quickly and in a nice friendly manner.

Bethany GrippNov 28, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review! We are delighted to hear you had a great experience with Kabbage!

Michael Armetta
    November 28th, 2018 Galena, MD DETAILS

I just spoke With Zelenka H VERY helpful . Thank You

Bethany GrippNov 28, 2018

Thanks for the review, Michael!

Jacie
    November 28th, 2018 Charlottesville, VA DETAILS

Josh was very helpful and understanding. He explained the payment system in easy to understand terms.

Bethany GrippNov 28, 2018

Thanks for the review. We are happy to know you had a great experience with Kabbage!

Dennis S
    December 5th, 2018 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

Zelinka H was excellent handling my account issues today. Prompt and curtious. Great Representative Dennis Sanders

Bethany GrippDec 06, 2018

Thanks for the review, Dennis!

Amy Marlin
    November 28th, 2018 Wayzata, MN

Jimena was very pleasant and helpful with my call this morning! I was very pleased with her customer service and I look forward to working with the company in the near future. Thank you , Amy Marlin

Bethany GrippNov 28, 2018

Thanks for the review. We are proud to partner with you and your business, Amy!

Angela
    November 27th, 2018 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS

Jared was very personable and was able to assist me with a request quickly and knowledgeably. It makes working with Kabbage enjoyable when the Agents are well spoken and helpful.

Bethany GrippNov 28, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review! We are delighted you had a great experience with Kabbage!

Geo
    November 27th, 2018 Newton, MA DETAILS

I want to say that Morgan J-W truly loves her job! She was very professional and her overall attitude made for a very pleasant experience. I wish I dealt with people like her on an every day basis! Thanks Morgan !

Bethany GrippNov 28, 2018

Thanks for the great review! We are delighted that you had a great experience with Kabbage!

karen
    November 27th, 2018 Chester, NJ DETAILS

great service - easy process. every encounter I've had with CS has been with a professional and knowledgeable person.

Faith
    November 26th, 2018 Fullerton, CA DETAILS

When I originally went to Kabbage , I was apprehensive! Although that fear quickly went away upon the ease of applying and review of options, etc. Kabbage has not let me down. In fact today I had to reach out to Kabbage via customer service (live voice) . "Zelinka" handled my questions and made appropriate adjustments to my account without a hiccup. As well, she has a charming personality and it made the call totally worthwhile! So folks she is someone that I recommend for others to personally request her because she gives 100%. Thank you! Zelinka

Bethany GrippNov 27, 2018

Hi Faith, thanks for the wonderful review! We are proud to partner with you and your business!

Hollywood Weekly Magazine
    November 26th, 2018 Northridge, CA DETAILS

Great people, great service for small businesses.

Tracy S
    November 26th, 2018 Akron, OH DETAILS

Customer service was great with Josh. I didn't realize due date was here, he quickly handled request. Advised me of options and I was relieved.

Bethany GrippNov 27, 2018

Thanks for the review, Tracy! Happy to hear that you had a great experience with Kabbage.