Founded in 2003, ForwardLine Financial was the brainchild of a team of financial experts who wanted to provide an alternative source of financing for small businesses. Today, the company offers both business loans and merchant cash advances, although they focus on business loans. These loans are based on a business’s monthly sales volume

Rank Chart
Interest Rates
Revenue Requirement

According to the claims on their own website, they use non-traditional credit algorithms that allow them to provide financing for 98% of small businesses that traditional banks would consider either too small or too risky.

The Good

Fast Money

The process for a merchant loan or cash advance is much faster than traditional business loans. The application approval process typically takes 1 business day. Once approved, it takes another day to get the funds, so the whole process can be as short as 2 business days.

Loans Not Based on Credit Scores

For businesses that might not have the best credit score, ForwardLine boasts that they are not credit score driven. Instead, they are much more interested in the strength of the business. Repayments are simply deducted automatically from daily sales for maximum convenience.

Good BBB Rating

ForwardLine has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. They have been accredited with the BBB since 2005, but their high rating is the result of the length of time they’ve been in business, their low complaint volume, and their commitment to resolving all outstanding customer complaints.

The Bad

Undisclosed Interest Rates & Other Information

ForwardLine is vague on their website about the interest rate they charge. All they say is that the interest will be based on many factors, including the type of industry your business is in and the length of time the business has been in operation.

Limited Availability

ForwardLine is not available in Nebraska, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, or the District of Columbia.

User Complaints

There are several ForwardLine complaints about company representatives being difficult to get ahold of. One reviewer said he worked with ForwardLine, and that the company had very high-interest rates.

Compare to the top rated business loan companies

The Bottom Line

ForwardLine is a nice alternative to traditional business loans that works well for smaller businesses . With a range of loan options and relatively few minimum requirements, ForwardLine’s Merchant Loan or Merchant Cash Advance can provide funds quickly to meet most small business needs.

View Top Rated Companies

Term Lengths

Typically 12 months
Compare to Top Rated Company

Before Applying

Before you apply for a business loan with ForwardLine, you should know that (according to them) this application will NOT affect your FICO score.

Also note that just because ForwardLine says that loans are as low as 8.99%, you will not necessarily get a loan at an interest rate this low.

To qualify for a merchant cash advance from ForwardLine, you must meet the follow criteria:

• Be in business at least a year
  • Live in one of the states they serve (all states except Nebraska, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, or the District of Columbia)

The minimum credit score requirement is unknown.

This Loan Is Good For…

• Businesses established at least 1 year ago with low revenue
  • Businesses looking for funding in 1 day
  • Businesses with no collateral

*Star Rating is determined by evaluating APR range, minimum credit score requirement, revenue requirement, length in business requirement, and other related approval data.

X close
X close

2 ForwardLine Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

1. User Score

February 26th, 2016 Palmdale, CA

Had a very bad experience with Forward Line this week. Worked with them to get a very small business loan–$5,000-$8,000. Was verbally told by rep it was approved. Spent a number of hours on the phone, and online getting the documents to “protect their interests”. Had a very large loan with them in approximately 2008 for $85,000 that my company at that time paid off a little slower because of the economy crash and housing crises. We deal in fine art and framing. They got all their money and interest which is not cheap. So went through the procedure now to get a small new loan being told it was approved by the rep, and then was waiting for over 24 more hours and no call back. Left numerous messages. I assumed something was wrong no calls back etc. Then when I speak with the rep he tells me my score is fine but something else is wrong and it is disapproved after I was already told I was “approved.” Actually I got the money elsewhere and am relieved as the upfront large interest fee is added in front of the loan, and I plan to pay it off early which would cost me a lot of upfront interest. By the way the reason it was disapproved was because in the bad 2008/2009 economy it took extra time to pay off the $85,000 loan which they anyways collected a ton of interest off me and my processing fees and extra money to paid off the loan, of which had my Visa/MC processing business to take it out of. I would suggest to look elsewhere as in my opinion they charge excessive interest, and set it up so it is a win/win situation for them and do not really care about the end user. By the way I like the person who helped me attempt to get the loan, he was very helpful, but in reality the executives are looking out for their interests of course with not a lot of care for the end user in my opinion. You can contact them and make your own judgement. Reason I give them a 3 is the rep is a good guy and gave it a strong attempt to get through to management. Much more economical ways in my opinion to get a good loan that can be paid off fast without so much up front interest added in the front end.

2. User Score

December 12th, 2015 Atlanta, GA

terrible communication average on hold time over 30 min. I notified them I was changing processors and 30 days later I am still being charged a fee.