Better World Books Logo

Better World Books

Karen Royce Fort Wayne, IN

Excellent! Thank you! Customer service was readily available through email when I had questions on delivery. Book arrived in time frame provided and in condition promised.

Pedro Jorge

Good prices, and good service. If you have any problem they will help you or refund you. Such a great project. Now i have a library of my own due to the work of these guys.

Ailynn Collins Redmond, WA

I love getting books here, especially older, slightly obscure books which I often need for research. Delivery is fast and the condition of the book is good.

Barbara Baldwinsville, NY

Like everything about BWB except for the fact that they don't update the current availability of their books. Ultimately, they have to cancel part of my order and issue refunds.

Robert McMillan Cañon City, CO

I went under hardcover books to order and I assumed they were all hardcover and when I got them one was paper back. Was disappointed that it was under hardcover. Would cost more to send it back and get the hardcover than it's worth.

trent reznor

i was a frequent buyer from betterworldbooks for years. at one point their value, customer service & standard of books was great but in time, i was sent more often than not books nowhere near the condition they were listed as - add to this deliveries that ALWAYS arrived later than the estimated period & a experiences with one staff member in particular who attempted to shift the blame to me (& dodge responsibility) despite my providing photographic evidence of poor condition of what was received. clearly, customers are NOT valued - only your MONEY is. on my final purchase for example, the inside covers (front & back) were stained dark yellow as if it had been pissed on! yet the book was listed as 'used-good'. disgusting... suffice to say, standards got horrible & i will not be returning as a customer. to sum up, many other online used book sellers do it better & the standard of the books is also much better. if you ARE a current buyer/customer, i urge you to check the the condition of the books you receive against their book condition standards - it's clear that they do not expect you to do this based on my experiences calling them out! avoid 'betterworldbooks'....

Meumeu

I've been waiting my order for more than a month and Better World Books refuses to refund me. They've kept changing the delivery date again and again (I've been choosing them over other seller because of the delivery dates) and ask me to wait until an undefined date to ask for refund. At the end of the day, I've lost 55$ and a lot of time dealing with their consumers' service. Oh, and by the way they were pretty unpleasant with me since they told me that, "[i]f this delivery time did not meet [my] needs, [I was] not obligated to place the order", which is inadmissible as they are unable to give me a delivery date ! I've made a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (I'm not the first!) and I hope I could get refund. Nevertheless, I've spent a lot of time demanding that the Internet Order Merchandise Rule be honoured, and time is money. Hope this review will help you, don't go with them, they are fraudster!

LINDA JOHNSON Vancouver, WA

This is my 3rd order from Better World Books and again 'perfect in every way'! This is such an easy site to navigate and order from. Thanks guys😊

Kenny Mendez Costa Mesa, CA

Simply the best site to buy used books. Great selection of books and unbeatable prices. Books are in good used condition.

Makenna Birch Run, MI

I would really appreciate it if I let known when a book is a library binding. Some of them are listed, so I thought I would be safe ordering ones that didn’t state that they were ex library books, yet half od the ones I got in this order were ex library books.

Mary Van Straten De Pere, WI

I seem to always find the books I want . and they're always in great condition and they're delivered fast. love Better World Books.

Julianne Simpson Wixom, MI

The books arrived in a timely manner and were packaged well. I have ordered several time from BWB and have always been pleased.

Jennifer Thomas Bristol, IN

As always this is the only place that I purchase my books. They always provide fast service and my books are in great shape.

Kathy Longview, TX

Customer service is really helpful. Problems seldom arise but are quickly resolved when they do. Orders usually arrive quickly.

Shelbyville Letellier Richmond, VA

Totally pleased with my order. Reasonable prices, fast delivery, quality condition of books and I like knowing that other books are being donated.

Ruth Mizell Norton, KS

I got what I ordered in a timely manner. The email I received was such fun! I ordered again to see if I got a different little story email, but alas it was the same.

Jackie Paraday-Snow Mobile, AL

I was very pleased with the book I received. It is in better condition than I thought it would be. And it arrived quickly.

Adrian Glamorgan

Glad to receive my books and know that they have served library readers well before me, and that benefit will also flow to readers from less wealthy countries. Win-win-win!

Leigh Boise, ID

The service is wonderful, prices can’t be beat, and the ethical foundations of the enterprise make it my first choice by far.

Jan Mason

Exceptional service! So happy I found you for now and future orders! Great quality used products at great prices. Thank you!

Mary Ellen Winchester, VA

Very easy to place order and company provided updated emails with link to track shipment. My order arrived on time and in perfect condition!

Barb Naperalsky Missoula, MT

Great prices on used books. Quick delivery time. Love the fact that they are helping to make this world a better place!!!!

maxine willhite Loveland, OH

books received within a few days. I enjoyed them so much. I read them within a few days. I will be placing another order soon.

Erika B Jacksonville, FL

The packaging for the book was moderately ripped up by the time it reached my mailbox and did not provide sufficient protection. The book is still readable however is all warped and disfigured. Not pleased with this purchase

Carla San Jose, CA

I already bought several books and I am very satisfied with my purchase and the service provided. I highly recommend Better World Books.

Sandy

Have used a few times now over the years. Great service & never had any problems with delivery. Totally recommend this website

Gil Avineri Brooklyn, NY

Fast efficient delivery affordable all of the above thank you so much keep up the good work you are making a better world

Janet Phillips Wolfeboro Falls, NH

Always seem to have what I need. Books mostly in good condition. I donate them after I have read them to a local charity. Overall good experience.

Tricia Marcek Gales Ferry, CT

Always check here first. Prices are great as is the service. Best of all is their mission. I donate books to them as well

Barry Martin Sacramento, CA

Buying books and supporting a non-profit dedicated to literacy is the perfect combo and we appreciate the free delivery.

Amy Reading, PA

Service is fast and the books have been just as described. I've ordered from them many times. Customer service is friendly and fair.

Donald Mc Lean

Selected title I wanted & the quality. It arrived quickly & in great condition. Free shipping is "the icing on the cake".

Michelle Duggan

I have loved BWB for years. Never let me down, good prices, have told all my friends and family here in Australia. Long may you reign !

Teresa Ary South River, NJ

I was impressed with the selection of used books. I was able to get a book that is out of print and not available anywhere else.

Darsha Chesnutt South Bend, IN

I ordered online and found it extremely easy to navigate and order. My books came quickly. I love that the prices are so low.

Emily Juliette, GA

I greatly enjoyed buying books from this website because of the low and affordable price. I was a little bit caught off guard and the wear and writing in my books though.

Sheila

Speedy service, good website, easy to use, Never had any problems at all and have shopped with Better World Books for a number of years now.

Joyce Strype Staten Island, NY

Friendly site, great prices, simple check out and fast delivery. This is the only site I purchase books from, and I purchase a lot of books!!!

Terry Carver Waterville, ME

The quality of the book is generally as advertised or better; shipping is usually very fast and tracking is available to check on where your package is.

Jerica Walker, MO

Wide variety of books, excellent prices, on time delivery. This is then only place I've been able to find all the books im looking for.

Nancy Herzig

Good source for books and all for a great cause. I sometimes have difficulty receiving the books for some reason, but mostly I have no problem. Highly recommended site!

Infomon Grosse Pointe, MI

good service most of the time. sometimes I might quibble with whether a book is rated good or very good, but not too frequently to cause trouble

Samadhee

Quick shipping good customer service and reliable service. I will order books from better world in future. Most of all shipping is free!

David Miller Elkhart, IN

Consistently timely with shipments, book conditions match or exceed descriptions, BWB has become my goto stop for book shopping!

Eva Keith

Have always been able to find what I am looking for at great low prices. Delivery is quick and the books have always arrived in good condition.

Doris Ozone Park, NY

Thank you. All the books I ordered casme in 2 shipments. Excellent condition, worth the price and received in good timing. I will order again.

Ebony

My experience with Better Books was great. I had ordered a book on Greek Mythology and no less than two weeks later it arrived.

Catherine Strauch Exeter Corners, ME

I love that there are so many books available for a very reasonable price, and I am helping other important organizations as well as myself!

Dawna Jacob Reserve, LA

very easy process to order books at a discounted price and they arrived quickly. The USED books i received are in very good shape!!

Janine Arvizu Tijeras, NM

Better World Books is my preferred online source for new and used books. Great selection and top notch customer service.