Better World Books Logo

Better World Books

Kim J Carlin Dickson, TN

I'm super happy with the service and the books I get from Better World Books! I mention you to friends and family. I also love the letter I get after I order, it always makes me smile!!

Margo Plant City, FL

Great experience. I am a high school teacher and Better World Books allows me to keep my shelves stocked and fresh with different selections so my students have lots of choice!

Royce Davenport, IA

Love this website! Books are easy to find, price is very good and books come in good contion. Did use Amazon for all my used books, not any more, because of taxes and shipping, might as well buy a new book.

Susan Selma, OR

Better World Books offers a huge and varied inventory. I always find more than what I start out looking for. I buy books for myself, as well as my grandchildren, who range in age from 4 to 15. Delivery is always prompt.

Dan Goering Albuquerque, NM

My experience with Better World Books has been stellar. I've been able to obtain many books which I've needed in a timely manner, and the fact that the proceeds go to promote literacy is a definite plus.

Martha Hollis Kingwood, WV

I have been buying books from Better World Books for the last 7 years. I like the large selection, the prices and of course the shipping is free. I usually order fiction but have ordered other types of books as well. The low prices of used books saves me money and the hassle of trying to find them in thrifts shops, etc.

Dawn Marie Ingall

Always fine what I’m looking for at a more than reasonable price, sometimes I have to wait a while for delivery but that’s understandable seeing as the book may be coming from the other side of the world. Highly recommend!

Julie Abel Milford, DE

Better World Books has great prices on books and I received my order quickly. I especially like the email from the books telling me they are on their way. The wording always makes me chuckle. Great company!

Amy Vida Mondovi, WI

The only thing that I wish BWB offered was a more definite idea of what print/version of a book I'm getting, but with prices like this I really can't even complain about that!

Kathleen Turner Johnson City, TN

I very much appreciate the service and handling of my order recently when encountering a rare problem. The response was quick and helpful. I have always enjoyed dealing with better world books.

Chris Heywood Omaha, NE

Price and quality of books were good. My only problem was how slow it shipped, even when I chose to pay instead of take the free shipping. The checkout screen gives a delivery time from 2-6 days, then I get an email saying it will be 4-14 days after I’ve paid. I will be order from them again, but I will make sure I am not in a hurry for any books I order.

Sandra E Glover Brownsville, TN

The best place ever to find that particular book with the click of a button. Pricing is perfect & I'm glad to know I'm helping someone! Thank you and your my #1 go to for reading!!!;

Barbara Katz Dover, DE

When I have had problems with an order they have been very responsive, have always replied I appreciate that. The only problem I have with them is how they rate the condition of their books. They are usually worse than described.

Linda Newbern Gulfport, MS

First time ordering and very pleased. The price was doable for a retired person and the condition of the book was excellent. Will definitely order again. Overall great experience!

Raven Basit Westmont, IL

I did end up getting my book but there was some confusion with the estimated delivery time as it said it would arrive in 2-4 business days because of express shipping but then it told me that I hadn't payed for the faster shipping. I ended up getting it at the right time and the book was great!

Julie Moore Brownsburg, IN

Always go to Better World first for my book club books because they are so much cheaper and easy to order. I may have to wait a few extra days but I save a lot of money. The books are always in great shape.

mike

great, and I like the idea of supporting literacy. it is often easier to get a book from here then trying to find it in a shop. it takes about 6 weeks to get to Tasmania, so I need to build that buffer in

Michelle Watson Springdale, AR

I have been ordering books from Better World Books for years. They always have a good selection, excellent prices, and prompt delivery. I have recommended Better World Books to many of my friends, family, and co-workers.

Meg Stoker

As one who can't get out very often, books are a big part of my life. BetterWorldBooks keeps me supplied with easy reading, "cozies", etc. and I also have the satisfaction of helping others to enjoy the benefits of reading.

Priscilla Flores San Antonio, TX

My first time using better world books. I have to say it was easy finding the books I wanted, affordable and arrived on time. I definitely recommend using better world books.

Lloyd Mize Jemison, AL

I had ordered 3 books and requested early delivery. One didn't make it for a couple of weeks. I contacted Better World Books and was told it was coming from overseas. Within a few days I had received the book. Thanks

Carla Cotati, CA

I love Better World! I get great value , sometimes on books I can’t find anywhere else because they are out of print plus I feel good that I am helping keep discarded library books out of landfills.

Laura Kelsey Farmland, IN

Occasionally I receive a book or two in my order that is not as described. Most often it is a paperback when the description said hardcover or it is a library discard when that was not noted with the item that I selected to put in my cart. That is frustrating to me. However, overall, I am pleased with the quality of the items I receive from BWB.

Patrick Gillissie

Great experience! Book came ahead of projected time, it was in the promised condition and you can't beat the price. I was quite pleased ... and am telling everyone so. Highly recommended!

Vickie Sleevi Hastings, MI

I love purchasing from Better World Books. I appreciate the great prices and the fast shipping from the Better World. And I like knowing that my purchases are also supporting world literacy.

Loretta Baker Antwerp, OH

Was looking for a book I use to read to my children were young. I found it easily on this web site. Price was good and delivery was quick. So satisfied. I will use this web site again!

Elizabeth Anne Fryga

Have ordered for years usually during special sales and love receiving my books. Would love to h ave my rders shipped in cardboard boxes so that the books are not dinged and boards bent when the po throws them around.

Christina

I use Better World books because they supply good quality used books at a fair price. They provide an efficient service and I have the satisfaction of knowing I’m helping a good cause.

Donna Printz Shepherdstown, WV

Excellent experience. Prompt and efficient service and delivery. My book was in perfect condition just as promised. Also Impressed with the mindfulness for the environment and shipping.

ron schmoller Safford, AZ

Very good value, including large selection, low prices. Over the years I have bought over 1,000 books here! Also: REAL(live) customer service. BWBs says I have, in buying over 1,000, also sent that number to Africa to help literacy. I don't believe in heroes, but if I did BWBs would rank up high.

Patricia Schreieck Mount Sterling, IL

I absolutely love this site. The delivery was quick, within a week or so. I love that with the books you buy, books are donated. I also really like the discounts on certain books! I bought the Inheritance Cycle series, all hardcover and came in great condition!

Amandine Holtville, CA

The books arrived rather quickly, protected enough. I just wish I had a bit more information on the state of the books (how used some are and, most of all, when there is writting in them). Overall a good experience and I will certainly purchase from here again.

Darlene T Leigh

Never disappointed. Always as advertised. Always receive my deliveries when promised. When looking for books , I am always comfortable when I see their name as the seller. Thank You Better World Books !!!

B Massapequa, NY

Always prompt delivery. Always surprised by selection. Not thrilled with 'former library book' and some of the condition of the books, but overall, cheap prices for useable copies. And FREE shipping!? Priceless.

Nancy Colvin Baltimore, MD

I order frequently from Better World Books. The books come promptly and are in the condition that is advertised. Usually I only select books described as very good or excellent condition and they are very nice books.

Jill Edwards

I love using this website as I am able to find all sorts of used books on a variety of topics as well as out of print books that are sometimes difficult to find. The prices are excellent and books always arrive as expected.

Kelly Bingham Roy, UT

Better World Books had a book that was out of print at a reasonable price and no shipping. I was grateful, my daughter loved it. Shipping was faster than expected. Thanks Better World Books.

Christie Humphrey

My books came in a timely fashion and were in great condition, however the the box they were shipped in, even though it was taped along seams, ripped completely out. Most of the books were hard covers which l felt the shipper should have known to prepare a stronger box. I actually recieved the entire ripped up box in a reusable Swiss Post bag provided obviously by the post office.

Carrie Allentown, PA

My book arrived in a few days, much earlier than I had expected. The book is in great condition. I could not find the book elsewhere, so everything about this purchase was great !

Sande Martinez Mishawaka, IN

I have purchased books from Better World Books several times and am extremely happy with the expedited service, the excellent condition of the books ordered and the cost. Thank you.

Daniela South Bend, IN

Love shopping there. Overall service and quality are always great, plus you get to help causes associated with literacy without being overcharged. My favorite book store! Deliveries are never late.

Lynda Hensley Springfield, AR

This is a great place to buy books! They are quick with delivery. Easy to order from. They offer a wonderful variety of books! Billing is easy to understand. I will use them over and over again!!

Rebecca Rainey Monroe, NY

prices are awesome. philanthropic mission is awesome. (is that actually a word? ) and shipping is reliable and quick. oh and books are in excellent condition. its my gut mazel, huh? rebecca

Candace Oxford McDonough, GA

I received my order in a timely manner, and the products were in very good condition. I have nothing to say in a negative manner about this organization, as I have always had good results!

M Lunde

I have dealt with numerous used book dealers online and Better World Books is absolutely the best there is. They have a great selection, lowest prices and the fastest shipping!

Eyal Rozenberg

Nothing in particular to say. Ordered a book, got the book. I would have hoped for somewhat faster delivery from the UK to the Netherlands. Oh, also - when I was browing similarly-named books, they were kind of in a jumble, I think. Better filtering and sorting capabilities would have been nice.

Jenni Snow Paoli, IN

I love Better World Books. It's my go to site for used books. The service is fabulous, and they're doing great things for those with limited access to reading material. It's a win, win!!!

LG Nyack, NY

Wonderful company - for a book lover and teacher - 1 book donated to literacy organizations for each book sold. Great prices, good selection - many books that are no longer in print. Excellent resource, good service.

Kayla Acampo, CA

I come here any time I need books for school or just for my reading enjoyment. I love their prices and everything they stand for. I totally recommend this company to everyone!

Maggie Watson

Love it! Fast, easy, reasonable prices and often hard-to-fing books. Only issue (ever) is the long pink ID stickers stuck on the books...gosh they are hard to get off and leave a sticky residue or pull off bits of the cover :(