Amazon Fire TV stick expanding over-seas
Along with a new update with new features, Amazon Fire TV stick is also moving over-seas.
The online retail giant is expanding it’s streaming TV empire by sending the Fire TV stick to Germany, the U.K, and Austria, VentureBeat reports. The Fire TV stick plugs into your TV’s HDMI port, offering thousands of streaming shows and videos with subscriptions to said shows/apps, much like Google’s Chromecast.
The stick is competing with Chromecast and Apple TV in foreign markets, but for just $39 USD, the HDMI port companion has two times the memory of the $35 Chromecast and is much different from the $69 Apple TV, which is a stand-alone box.
- Expandable USB storage option, creating more room for apps and games
- Browsing/searching Prime Music playlists (much like the Apple TV allows with iTunes)
- Connection to Wi-fi with captive portal support
- A hidden pin entry to provide a gate-keeping option for parents or administrators of the device
- New shortcuts for the remote, including those for display mirroring and sleep options for the device