U.S. Waterproofing

LAST UPDATED: October 14th, 2021

U.S. Waterproofing has been a local, family-owned business since 1957. The company aims to pursue total peace of mind for its customers through education, comprehensive solutions, and over 55 years of experience. U.S. Waterproofing claims to be the largest basement waterproofing and foundation repair company in the Midwest. The Better Business Bureau gave U.S. Waterproofing an A+ rating and won the Torch Award in 2006.

Video Customer Reviews

Daniel Cossa Customer Review Video About U.S. Waterproofing

Daniel Cossa

The Good

• Comprehensive Services
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Time in Business

Comprehensive Services

U.S. Waterproofing covers a wide range of problem areas, including the following common issues:

• Foundation wall cracks
  • Tie rods
  • Masonry foundation leaks
  • Basement/egress window wells
  • Sump pump

Treaments are aimed at preventing significant water damage/water seepage, and often include some combination of exterior waterproof membrane, interior drain tile system, and foundation crack repair via epoxy injection or wall clay process.

Lifetime Warranty

In addition to having a lifetime warranty, U.S. Waterproofing has a separately staffed warranty department. This is unique to the waterproofing industry, and customers benefit from having specific staff available to help them with any issues that occur after the work is done.

Time in Business

U.S. Waterproofing has been in business since 1957. As one of the older companies in the industry, it has had years of experience working on a variety of different basement solutions. The company is also not a franchise, but rather it is a third-generation family owned business. Customers can depend on receiving quality work from an expert company that takes the time to hire and train the right professionals.

The Bad

Covers Three States

Although U.S. Waterproofing claims it is the largest basement waterproofing and foundation repair company in the Midwest, it only covers three states: Northern Illinois, Northwest Indiana, and Southeast Wisconsin. These locations also don't cover the entire state, so relatively few customers have access to U.S. Waterproofing's services. We encourage any homeowner living in the company's service area to read verified U.S. Waterproofing reviews.

The Bottom Line

U.S. Waterproofing is an experienced company with reliable employees. The company has been in business for over 55 years and has the family experience to back it up. The basement waterproofing company offers a lifetime warranty for its customer, and it also provides a separate staff specific to managing your warranty, so any problems are fixed easily and quickly.

U.S. Waterproofing only covers a few locations in three states though, making it inaccessible to the majority of the country. If you do live in one of the covered areas, we recommend using the company for all your crawl space or basement waterproofing needs.

Florence Springfield Chicago, IL

My basement still leak they cam back dug in the same hole now that stuff Came up more my basement still leaks they say they could not come back no I want recommend you all and I paid you $1,600 was that because I woud’nt take the $10,000 loan that we’re going to cost $23,000 I could afford that then you should have told me you could not fin it but rather to Ripe me off know I will not give you all a good raring yes I woo not give you a good rating at all you did the same thing to another person people’s asked me about you in my community I said if you take out a loan for $23,000 snd I heard that does not work either you just in a big Debt

Sheldon N Sobol Morris, IL

The worker who purportedly sealed the leak spots, did not test it by running water in the suspect area. He also was disappointed that I placed the cut out drywall in the garage. This is the second time they have been here. The first time the worker told my wife it had mold so he threw it out. We had told him we would patch, mud and tape. No mold on the insulation. I don’t like being taken advantage of or lied to. Original estimator, Sam was very trustworthy and honest. That’s why we stayed with US Waterproofing. But workers are not trustworthy. Done with your company.

Sharon Doepping Crown Point, IN

I have sent letters and an email asking for help. They were not able to do the job according to the original plan. I asked for a detailed paper on each wall showing what they did... no reply. We asked them to fix the issue... no reply. Lost sale of home due to angled basement floors and now a requirement of 500 per year for USW to come and flush the system Can't ask new buyer to expect such. Also items were stolen that cannot be replaced. We have no evidence except they were there when we started and not when we finished. Had to have Scott come back and help us put back cabinets and dryer we were unable to level things by ourselves. Had to clean rocks off the floor and from under the carpet and repaint the walls. They left a mess and our landscaping they moved they never put back. Our driveway crack has now expanded from the heavy trucks.

Torne Collins Chicago, IL

We were given an estimate to have some work done and a gave a deposit... that deposit was suppose to be for half the work. Instead, only one crack was sealed for over $ 700. Extremely disappointed and I would NEVER use them again, nor recommend them to ANYONE.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, please call us at 847-303-5800 in regards to work that was contracted for but was never completed due to lack of access in the work area. We are happy to fulfill the contract at the original price quoted.

May. 12th, 2021

Christopher Lay Northbrook, IL

Terrible communication from rep; quoted things we did not ask for; later, custom window installer came out with stock size window that obviously did not fit - manager tried to sneak it through.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We apologize for the poor communication on our behalf. Our goal is to exceed expectations and here we clearly did not for which we are sorry.

May. 17th, 2021

Michael J. Warner Naperville, IL

Your company was called back by a new buyer with concerns. Your company did another 1000.00 in work. However, the payment was made from MY escrow account.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

On behalf of our company, I want to apologize for our error! If the situation has not be corrected, please contact our office asap. 847-303-5800

May. 18th, 2021

Mitch Chicago, IL

They were very honest, on time and efficient. Everything worked out perfect for us.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your comments!

May. 13th, 2021

Philip R DePriest Chicago, IL

They were professional, thorough, and came back to finish the work after the fact

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for the comments. After talking with this customer regarding this review, he said that he wanted to give a higher score because there were no problems. We follow up with our customers who are unhappy about their experience and try to help where we can.

May. 13th, 2021

Anonymous Naperville, IL

Not providing quality service and unable to accommodate customers

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We apologize if your experience with us didn't go as you hoped for. If you are encountering any problems with our work, please contact our warranty department at 847-303-6688 and we will help you!

May. 14th, 2021

Holly Mount Prospect, IL

They are very unreliable and don’t know what they are doing. Follow up is extremely poor

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We apologize if your experience was not what you expected. If you are continuing to have issues with our work, please contact our Warranty Department at 847-303-6688.

May. 14th, 2021

William M Kissane Chicago, IL

They tried to up the contract price prior to performing the work

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We apologize for the error. The problem was not diagnosed correctly in our original estimate, with the location of the actual problem about 4' away. At times, the source of the problem is not immediately obvious when underground.

May. 18th, 2021