Bank of America Logo

Bank of America

Is This Your Business?

6.7

LAST UPDATED: July 8th, 2021
Based in North Carolina, Bank of America offers financial solutions for customers who are looking to manage their money. Bank of America offers services and products whether they’re for personal needs, small businesses, wealth management or businesses and institutions. Bank of America seeks to give back to the community through its partnership with Habitat for Humanity. It also offers retirement planning services.

Wells Fargo Logo
#1 Wells Fargo chevron_right
3.7
Chase Bank Logo
#2 Chase Bank chevron_right
4.1
Capital One Logo
#3 Capital One chevron_right

The Good

• Great Services
  • Habitat for Humanity Partnership
  • Online and Mobile Banking

Great Services

Have been in business for over 200 years with $2 billion in total assets. They offer services to personal, small businesses, wealth management, as well as business and institutions. They are a developed bank that provide many services for customer needs:

• banking for checking, saving, and CD accounts
  • Loans for mortgage, refinance, home equity, and automobiles
  • investments with retirement, IRA and 401k, 529 and college savings, and other investment products
  • consumer and commercial finance services
  • learning with budgeting and saving, managing credit, home buying, and retirement planning

They are a global bank with more than 5,000 retail banking offices in the U.S. alone. Only bank where they provide a "Learning" tab for customers to learn more about finances.

Habitat for Humanity

As part of its goal to give back to the community, Bank of America has a partnership with Habitat for Humanity. Bank of America launched a first-ever global multi-city build in 41 communities. This effort was made possible by a $6 million investment from the Bank of America Charitable Foundation.

Online and Mobile Banking

For the on the go customer, Bank of America also provides online banking and mobile banking. Its mobile is available for Apple and Android users. Customers who use mobile banking can take advantage of different factors including:

• Mobile check deposits
  • Money transfers
  • Manage accounts

Bank of America's mobile app has been recognized as having the Best Overall Identity Safety in Banking by Javelin Strategy and Research.

The Bad

• No Student Loans
  • Banking Fees
  • Opening Fee

No Student Loans

College students who need help with funding will not find student loans available at Bank of America. They will have to choose another bank to receive a loan that will help them achieve a higher education.

Banking Fees

There are banking fee's for their two checking accounts. Some examples are:

• Opening fee, depending on the type of account there is a minimum opening fee of $25 or $100
  • Maintenance fee of either $12, $14, or $25 which can be avoided by meeting banks criteria
  • Overdraft and returned items fee $35
  • Overdrafts Extended Overdrawn balance $35
  • Overdraft protection service each transfer $10
  • Other common fees are check and deposit ticket orders, consulate letter fee, returned item chargeback fee, legal process fee, stop payment fee ($30), and wire transfers

Opening Fee

For the 3 saving account there is an opening fee of $25 and 2 of the 3 have a .01% Annual Percentage Yield (APY). If requirements are not met there will be a $5 or $12 monthly maintenance fee.

The Bottom Line

Bank of America has proved themselves to be a secure bank to open an account for personal, small business, wealth management,  or business and institutions.  Their many services provide an excellent source for financial needs as well as the opportunity to learn more for yourself. This is the only company where they provide an option where you can learn about finances. Consumers can reach their customer service line during business hours or get automated support 24/7. Our recommendation: If you're a student and in need of a loan, it may be best to look elsewhere. For everyone else, consider Bank of America for your banking needs.

3.9

carole abel Palm Coast, FL

have been with Bank of America just about 4 years and cannot think of a thing that we're unhappy with. We do need to watch our transfers between accounts of the bank will impose a charge but they contact you BY MAIL first and give you time to finalize your transactions. Othwerwise they have been efficient, honest and a pleasure to work with .

Makayla Holland Gaithersburg, MD

I’ve been a loyal customer with BOA since college. They’ve notified me of miscellaneous charges, rushed debit cards, and helped with any customer service request I’ve needed. The online system is super easy to use. I’ve never needed to switch banks.

Nyla C. Edison, NJ

Banking with Bank of America was pretty straightforward. The cash-back benefits were good too. I use this credit card pretty much whenever I need gas for the car or small groceries, and I haven't had much issues.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Very happy with Bank of America as they always provide competitive rates for loans. My family has always found the number of branches to be very helpful. This full service bank is a great financial partner. I use it daily for my business purposes. Bank of America is as professional as they come. No better bank!

Beverly Schacher Long Beach, MS

We banked here for many years before moving to a small town with no B of A branch nearby. We always received excellent service and free checking. We would definitely recommend them!

Joe Rasper

The website is great for transferring money, checking balances and using bill pay. In addition, the customer support is very accessible and does a great job answering all your questions.

Amanda Montebello, CA

My primary checking account is with Bank of America and I’ve had great experience with customer service. Also, I enjoy being rewarded for shopping at certain stores.

Preston Ingalls

I have banked with BOA even before they became BOA and were Nations Bank and then before that NCNB. Good service and I have had one small issue with them in years.

Eugenia Lee

Never have had a problem with them. They even reversed some fees when I was charged for something I didn't order. Friendly customer service reps also. Always ready to help!!

Yordan Urrutia Orlando, FL

I currently bank with Bank of America and they are great! Whenever I’ve have an issue they are always there to help. Highly recommend!

Deborah integlia Bedford, NH

Been a member since 2000 when we moved to Maine. Never have I had a complaint that they couldn’t fix and send me off satisfied.

Tori smith Mesa, AZ

Bank of America is always so helpful with my account problems and they are always to willing to help me figure things out

A Craw Draper, UT

I appreciate how many ATM's they have available and the incentives associated with opening accounts. Customer service is excellent.

Anne Beaty

I have had excellent service with B of A, for many years now. No, they're not perfect, but of all the big banks, I think they're the best.

luis galan

they are good when you have good credit, their checks for balance transfer are all kept all year long(as long as your credit is good)

Kyana Jackson

The Customer Service is always great!! They treat me as if they were on the receiving end themselves!!!

Alana S Orlando, FL

This is a trustworthy bank. Late fees are reasonable and I never feel like they are over charging me

Karen Miami, FL

Great consumer service. The telephone automated system is very useful. I really like the confirmation emails

R. Wagner

With the exception of their mortgage division, their general banking features and services are excellent.

Kristin Banks

They are always there should I need them, I've been a customer at other banks, but BofA is by far the best

ginger

I have been with them for over 10 years. Everything is perfect, staff is knowledgeable and friendly.

Linda Hill

Bank of America has been wonderful! Their customer service can't be beat. When you call... you actually get a person!

Donna Brombacher Allen, TX

Fraudulent charges on my credit card that were investigated and were returned to my account.

Andre Cummings

Their customer care is excellent. They are not quite setup for the use of the digital card

Shirley Mitchell South Jordan, UT

Have three cards, always sending 0% offer which I have used, good .on line help.

Jack Dean Norcross, GA

Lots of locations to get help in person. The customer service is amazing. Online site is great

Larson Riverton, UT

I found them to be very dependable and I enjoyed the services that they provide.

Robert Kelley

Customer service. I am always treated with respect and they really care about my money.

Linda finley

they always have your back,amd if you need help they will alawys help you out and fix the problem,

Sofia Tabak

They are doing everything to please the costumer; they are professional, courteous, knowledgeable.

yvonne Brinkman

They have always helped me make decisions and offer services to me that will be beneficial

Karen Jaikowski

Because I know my bank people in there like the nicest and most professional people in the world

William Bailen

Been with them for 38 years, they have handled my refis, 401k rollovers, investments, etc.

Elizabeth Warren

Staff are friendly and helpful. If I need information on something they are always there to help.

Doom Truong Lehi, UT

Had an account for several years. Great programs and incentives for members. Wished they had banks of America in Utah.

John Lovell

Great online bill pay, great personal service at the branch.

Kenneth Garwood Phoenix, AZ

They are super responsive to problems and their card credit rates are very good

Lillian Burgin

There is never a time when I've had a problem that it is not taken care of.

Martin Doherty

The employees at the York Branch and the service they provide

Bob Trammell

Lots of branches. Free checking. Great cash back credit card!

Kathleen Coulter

I never have any problems with them & the coverage is great!

Marie Simpson

The employees are very professional and extremely efficient!

Cecilia Calvo

Best bank people care about your concern and take time to talk and listen

Gary Mayer South Jordan, UT

have treated me very fairly over the years with my auto loans

Grandma Davenport, FL

Good service, friendly, take good care of my money!

Otmara Zuloaga Miami, FL

Good service, good communication and information

Shelia Degus

Service quality of website convenience ................

Nedda Brazwell

THeir employees are helpful and friendly

Hector H

Because they have great software and customer service

Sharon Cunningham

Great customer service and they are very friendly.