Carter's

8.0

Carter's brand of baby clothing was established back in 1865. Today, in addition to Carter's baby clothing, they also have the brand OshKosh B'gosh. They are the largest branded marketer of baby clothing, gifts and accessories, being sold in over 600-company owned stores such as Belk, JCPenny, Macy's and Kohl's. The Carter's website features clothing for newborns to size 12. The categories are easily located at the top of the site, and are broken down by both size and gender.

The Good

• Great website
  • Good prices
  • Social media

Great Website

Carter's website is perfectly balanced, with everything a customer would need on the landing page. Tabs at the top of the page list categories, providing the ability to quickly find the requested item. In the middle of the page are clickable pics for items on sale. The bottom of the page provides easy to find clickable pics for gift cards, nearest store location and store rewards. For those needing customer service, the phone number is provided clearly and easily to find, not hidden or omitted. The layout and ease of use of this website is very user-friendly.

Good Prices

Prices are pretty favorable, in comparison to other children's clothing websites. For many parents, lower prices of a long-lasting brand is a definite plus.

Social Media

Carter's has a strong social media presence and can be found on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, and Instagram. Customers can receive help by e-mailing and customer service is available to chat on Carter's website.

The Bad

Pop-ups

For those who don't like pop-ups when opening a page, this site might seem a bit annoying. When you are a first-time visitor to their website, you will see two pop-ups. The first pop-up is an invitation to sign up on their mailing list. The second might not seem as annoying, as it offers a benefit, a money saving coupon to be used upon check-out. Upon closing and reopening the page, a floating box followed the mouse, providing information for a chat with a representative. This is great if you have an issue, but for those who simply want to shop, it can be a turn off.

The Bottom Line

While no one likes pop-ups, they do have their benefits. Saving a portion off an already reasonably priced order seems like a fair trade for having to clear off a few annoying tabs. The ease of which visitors can locate specific items is quite nice. All in all, this site focuses on what is important: a quick, drop-in, drop-out, time saving layout.

3.8

November 13th, 2017 Orem, UT

Carter's definitely isn't my first choice just cause it's one of the more expensive clothing companies.

November 8th, 2017 DETAILS

Great selection and great prices! I have never been to Carter's without finding something adorable for my grandchildren.

October 25th, 2017 Dupo, IL DETAILS

I decided to give this company one last chance to not mess up my online order. As expected, they failed miserably. I placed a large online order ($200 worth), and I received an email shortly thereafter stating my order was cancelled. I called customer service, and the rep told me she couldn't place the items back in my basket. Some of the items I had were already nearly out of stock. Carters, you have managed to lose my previous orders, or have them be serverely delayed. I am done with your company. I'd rather pay double to get better service elsewhere. And I'll be sure to have everyone I know stay clear of your clearly defunct business.

June 14th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

You can always find a deal at Carter's. Quality is pretty good too. All of my daughter's clothes from Carter's have held up well. I would never pay full price for anything but with all the sales and coupons they have, you don't ever really have to.

June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Carter's is the best clothes for babies, toddlers, and small children. It's pretty much all I have bought my grandchildren when they are tiny. They make really cute, quality, soft clothes for babies. They have clothes for all occasions and are very reasonable price wise.

June 12th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Great customer service and great prices on the clothing items. I wish the quality of their clothing was a little better but it's understandable for the prices I pay for them.

June 8th, 2017 Mona, UT

I have purchased a lot of children's and baby clothes over the years from Carter's. I trust the quality, the clothes are cute and well priced.

May 31st, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I love Carters for my baby's clothing! The clothing is nice quality and is able to last so much longer than most other brands. It can be slightly expensive, but they run great sales frequently which makes it affordable!

May 29th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Good quality clothes that are fashionable.

May 26th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

This is a great brand! The clothes are durable and inexpensive. I have to share one secret, however, I like to buy Carter's at Macy's or Dillard's, they tend to be cheaper, unless there is a sale.