Carter's Logo
LAST UPDATED: November 23rd, 2021

Carter's brand of baby clothing was established back in 1865. Today, in addition to Carter's baby clothing, they also have the brand OshKosh B'gosh. They are the largest branded marketer of baby clothing, gifts and accessories, being sold in over 600-company owned stores such as Belk, JCPenny, Macy's and Kohl's. The Carter's website features clothing for newborns to size 12. The categories are easily located at the top of the site, and are broken down by both size and gender.

The Good

• Great website
  • Good prices
  • Social media

Great Website

Carter's website is perfectly balanced, with everything a customer would need on the landing page. Tabs at the top of the page list categories, providing the ability to quickly find the requested item. In the middle of the page are clickable pics for items on sale. The bottom of the page provides easy to find clickable pics for gift cards, nearest store location and store rewards. For those needing customer service, the phone number is provided clearly and easily to find, not hidden or omitted. The layout and ease of use of this website is very user-friendly.

Good Prices

Prices are pretty favorable, in comparison to other children's clothing websites. For many parents, lower prices of a long-lasting brand is a definite plus.

Social Media

Carter's has a strong social media presence and can be found on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, and Instagram. Customers can receive help by e-mailing and customer service is available to chat on Carter's website.

The Bad

Pop-ups

For those who don't like pop-ups when opening a page, this site might seem a bit annoying. When you are a first-time visitor to their website, you will see two pop-ups. The first pop-up is an invitation to sign up on their mailing list. The second might not seem as annoying, as it offers a benefit, a money saving coupon to be used upon check-out. Upon closing and reopening the page, a floating box followed the mouse, providing information for a chat with a representative. This is great if you have an issue, but for those who simply want to shop, it can be a turn off.

The Bottom Line

While no one likes pop-ups, they do have their benefits. Saving a portion off an already reasonably priced order seems like a fair trade for having to clear off a few annoying tabs. The ease of which visitors can locate specific items is quite nice. All in all, this site focuses on what is important: a quick, drop-in, drop-out, time saving layout.

Kaylee Gay Columbia, MO

I think that Carter's has the best quality clothes for their prices. I buy a lot of my baby clothes from here as gifts for Baby showers and new moms. It is one of the best clothing stores because of the cute outfits and themes for kids. I love how they have trendy styles in baby form.

Martha Woodward Charlotte, NC

Carter's has an amazing selection of high quality long lasting children's clothes at very reasonable prices...and their clothes are adorable!!!

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

Although you can purchase Carter's brand at your local big box store, I enjoy going to the actual Carter's store inside the mall because the selection of clothing is unparalleled to that of a Walmart or Meijer's. The staff are typically friendly and the clothing is of good quality. I have been able to handdown many Carter outfits to more than one of my children.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

I love Carter's! All three of my little people have worn Carter's from their first day of life until they out grew the sizes offered. Each piece of clothing is well constructed, holding up to multiple washes due to happy kids. The fabrics are soft and constructed so that they are easy to put on and the babies are comfortable. And the prints are always cute, with the latest trends.

Christy Suguturaga Orem, UT

Such cute collections and good quality. I have 9 kids and I have been shopping at carters since my oldest was born 19 years ago. And my one year old wears some carters that my oldest wore. Good old hand me downs. Have to be good quality to last that long! The prices are so great that my youngest has tons of new clothes (and overalls). Lucky little guy!

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

I have loved Carters clothing for each of my kids. They always have great options at a great price. Their fabric holds up well, wash after wash. They have great options for both boys and girls. I like that they have stores at most outlet malls where you can find their clothes for even greater prices. They sales representatives are always so kind and patient when I am in their stores with my small kids. They have a great return policy as well.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

I seriously love Carter's. I can't say much for the clothes for older children, but I've been getting clothes for my son (now a year old) ever since his newborn days and they are great. For the incredibly affordable prices, they wash well, wear well, and look adorable. Carter's also seems to always have fantastic sales, like 40-50% off! They are my go-to for gifts and I always recommend them to my friends for budget-friendly baby clothes.

Amanda Sherwood, OR

I LOVE this store! I love the sizes and cut of their clothes. The fabric is always great quality! I almost exclusively buy from them for my baby and my toddler... I was easily able to reuse clothes I bought for my first with my second baby. Their customer service is always helpful! I love that if they don't have something in store they will let you order it from the store and ship to your house for free. Free shipping to store. Also love the program to get free clothes (10 back for every 100 spent). I can't say enough good things about this brand!!! they have the cutest clothes and it is easy to get them for a good price if you wait for holidays sales several times a year. Great customer service. Easy return in store in needed.

Stephanie Byrd Tallahassee, FL

Carters has the very best clothing, shoes, and acessories for babies and young children. Carter's clothing is of great quality and the workers have phenomenal customer service. I can personally attest to the workers giving me personal help to choose the right fabric for my infant. A trip to Carters will indeed leave you and your child happy.

Pekeiydra Williams Tallahassee, FL

Literally love this place, I shopped here for my new born cousin and they have many different styles and options; afforded as well. Staff are friendly and helpful. Love how they had different options for various age groups because I went crazy in this store buying different items from clothes all the way to toys

Lethia Johnson Tallahassee, FL

So I do not have a kid myself, but I LOVE going into Carter's and buying my nephew everything I can get my hands on! I like that I don't have to worry about scratchy clothing, and they always have the cutest styles for whatever season we are in. So even if you aren't a mom, you can enjoy Carter's to spoil the little one in your life.

Lindsey Newman American Fork, UT

I like Carter's and have bought plenty of baby clothes there, but sometimes for the quality of clothing I feel like it's slightly overpriced. All of the clothes shrink really easily in the wash and although they are cute, I'm also looking for a size that will last for awhile and not be unwearable after a month because they've outgrown it or its shrunk

Nishita McLean, VA

I cannot think of any other brand when it comes to buying newborn baby clothes for my niece. all the gifts we received were incidentally, mostly from Carters... Good price range, great variety and quality for the price paid.

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

I just barely started shopping Carters clothes. It wasn’t a brand that I’d think about if I was internet shopping, but a brick and mortar building popped up just down the street from me. The clothes are super cute! It’s been a fun change in my kids clothes!

Tiffany Phoenix, AZ

Carter's is by far my favorite brand of children's clothing. They are such high quality and have the cutest designs! I especially love their soft blanket sleepers for kids. They are truly the best for winter time. You can get great deals on their clothes with coupons and their sales.

Jacinda E Sandy, UT

I love all of the cloths that I have received from this store. They always have very cute clothes that fit really well, don't shrink in the wash, and wear really well. They are a little pricey to only get a few wears out of them.

Anne Marie Milne Layton, UT

I'm a mother with 2 grown children. A boy and a girl..shopping for them when they were little was my favorite thing to do. Carter's clothing I could go on and on forever. How much I love there children's clothing. The quality, the selection, the price the quality in your shopping experience was always over the top 10+ always!! Never had to return anything ever because it wore out early. Everything was always such high quality. All my momma friend's shopped at Carter's as well.

Rhona Leffler Olney, MD

Carters has an excellent selection of clothes for babies and children. They are good quality and affordable. Lead times on shipping are a little slow.

Veronica Sampayo Orlando, FL

Horrible and incompetent customer service! I ordered online, received a completely different order (like someone else’s order). I called customer service and waited over an hour. I asked the lady to ship the cloths overnight since now I have to wait double the time- she refused. She said she would ship my order - then when I received it a week later, the order was still wrong. I received a partial order and thought there would be another shipment with the rest. I waited a couple of weeks and nothing. I emailed customer service - who notified me that the reason I didn’t receive the full order was because the rest was out of stock. So they gave me a refund- for ONLY 2 of the 4 items I didn’t receive. What a headache- at this point they have stolen my money and I’m so over it I would rather spend my time writing this review so no one else has to deal with this headache. Avoid shopping online with them at all costs!

Brandie Rudy West Jordan, UT

I loved dressing my toddlers in Carter's cute clothes. They were well constructed and lasted great. The little jeans were so cute on my girls. Too bad my kids are way too big to wear Carter's clothes any more.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Carter's has been a superb destination for kid's clothing. Have been impressed with quality and selection of clothing brands. Carter's is very on trend and has a high end feel. Love our Carter's experience each time!

Reckholdt Draper, UT

They really have the best baby and toddler clothing around. I like that they now sale older kids clothing too cause I love to match my kiddos. They also have the best pajamas.

Kristiane R Durfey Pleasant Grove, UT

in my opinion, Carters is the best for newborn baby clothes. I love their onesies and their sleepers. They wash well and stay comfy for baby and their prices are descent. They do have good PJ's for older toddlers that are also great.

Karen S Priest Pleasant Grove, UT

I love Carters. I get excited when I see a store. They have adorable children's clothing. They are stylish and up to date. Clothing is good quality. They always have items on sale which is a plus.

Cassidy Gundersen Orem, UT

Carters is like the one stop shop for baby clothes. Their stuff is cute and affordable. It’s also good quality! I have enjoyed all of our baby clothes from Carters. I would recommend them to any new parents!

Breanna Jones Salt Lake City, UT

You can always find a deal at Carter's. Quality is pretty good too. All of my daughter's clothes from Carter's have held up well. I would never pay full price for anything but with all the sales and coupons they have, you don't ever really have to.

Susan Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

Carter's is the best clothes for babies, toddlers, and small children. It's pretty much all I have bought my grandchildren when they are tiny. They make really cute, quality, soft clothes for babies. They have clothes for all occasions and are very reasonable price wise.

Chaveli Tallahassee, FL

My mom bought all my brothers clothes from here and everything was perfectly priced. Then I’ve started to buy gifts here for friends baby showers and nieces and nephews.

Kimi Bayles West Valley City, UT

Cuteness overload! When you want your kids to look the best, Carter’s is the place to go! Their quality is outstanding without giving up the good looks!

Mandi Smith American Fork, UT

Carter's has the very best clothing for newborns to children age. They are comfy and soft on the baby's skin and you will never catch a baby crying in Carter's clothing.

Lori Fletcher Saratoga Springs, UT

I had someone else's package delivered to me instead of mine. Customer Service was quick about telling me how to take the package to the closest store and then they credited my account for the package I never received.

Julie Martin Pensacola, FL

Very cute clothes for babies and toddlers at affordable prices. I brought clothes for my babies here and it was some of the most adorable outfits that had.

Barbara Matula Long Beach, MS

Absolutely love Carters! This was the main store I shopped at for all of my kids. Employees always friendly and store is always clean. The prices cannot be beat!

Tiffany I Washington, DC

I’ve always bought my kids Carter’s clothing. They fit well and have such cute sets. With the Carters credit card I’m constantly getting $10 rewards.

Kristin G Pleasant Grove, UT

Whenever I am invited to a baby shower I look for the Carter’s brand. It is a great brand that holds up wash after wash! The Carter’s overalls are my favorite!

Carmen Dupo, IL

I decided to give this company one last chance to not mess up my online order. As expected, they failed miserably. I placed a large online order ($200 worth), and I received an email shortly thereafter stating my order was cancelled. I called customer service, and the rep told me she couldn't place the items back in my basket. Some of the items I had were already nearly out of stock. Carters, you have managed to lose my previous orders, or have them be serverely delayed. I am done with your company. I'd rather pay double to get better service elsewhere. And I'll be sure to have everyone I know stay clear of your clearly defunct business.

Chelsea Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

I love Carters for my baby's clothing! The clothing is nice quality and is able to last so much longer than most other brands. It can be slightly expensive, but they run great sales frequently which makes it affordable!

Caitlin Bekker Salt Lake City, UT

This is a great brand! The clothes are durable and inexpensive. I have to share one secret, however, I like to buy Carter's at Macy's or Dillard's, they tend to be cheaper, unless there is a sale.

Alex Lewis Salt Lake City, UT

Carter's has great kids clothes! They are very high quality and I'm always able to find something that I love. They are usually on the more expensive side but I have found that their outfits are a lot higher quality than most other baby clothes around.

Erin Rhoton Veguita, NM

Carter's is a great place to find high-quality baby clothes. The MSRP prices are pretty outrageous so make sure to wait for sales to buy anything. Make sure you sign up for emails because they will also send out coupons often.

Andrea Smith Idaho Falls, ID

Carter's has good quality clothing for children, but my experience in their stores is that they often have only a few sizes and a limited quantity. They have very few styles for baby boys, mostly just pajamas, in small quantities. We have bought things there which have worn well and lasted a long time, but they have a tendency to shrink every time they are washed.

April Jones Tremonton, UT

Carters has the cutest s clothes, and the best selection. The colors are always the most on trend, and you know your baby will be comfortable.

Ashphile Baptiste Tallahassee, FL

Carter's has been one of my all time favorite when shopping for gifts for babies. The clothing quality is great and totally worth it.

Nora Holland Mount Olive, MS

I loved all the cute outfits I found for my sister here. They had the perfect size and she’s not bothered by the material.

Jeremy Lucas Eagle Mountain, UT

Love...Love...Carters they always have a great selection and the cutest clothes. The other part that is awesome they clothes are very affordable.

Azrienne Tallahassee, FL

I was able to customize my nephew's outfit with Carter's and i continue to shop there for my nephew and my friends' babies

Maryann Renteria (Mckrae) Riverton, UT

Carters has the best selection of baby clothes. They are soft and comfortable and adorable! You can find all the sizes broken down by months and I love that.

B. Scott Layton, UT

Carters clothing can’t be beat! With great quality and the cutest designs Carter’s is our favorite brand to give for baby Gifts.

JDWain Tallahassee, FL

I love using my local Carter's store to buy things for my niece. They always have very nice customer service and the cutest outfits!

Hallieford Arlington, TX

Carters is the best for little clothes. I loved the plain white long sleeve onesies that cover the hands. Perfect for newborns.